[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Northward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: snowy_castle_by_gerezon-d5d1ios.jpg (97KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
snowy_castle_by_gerezon-d5d1ios.jpg
97KB, 700x438px
Alright, so I found this board two days ago, and as any aspiring writer probably would, I got an idea.

Essentially, I wanted to do something like an asymmetric RPG dungeons n dragons type game where the thread controls an average player trying to complete some lofty quest based on rolling for battles and stuff like that. However, I wanted some story (lorefag alert) and so I got a vague idea of what I wanted to do. Essentially, the thread would create the character, pick their skills n weapons, interact with others, and then fight enemies. There will be an occasional bossfight but most enemy encounters will follow the uniform rule that there will be a voting period where people argue over how to deal with the thing, and then a rolling period to see how effective your strategy is. D10 is used for decisions, D20 is used for result calculations.

I know this has been done before, but I wanted to try my hand at being a QM and see what happens.

There are a few ground rules for how shit's handled, though.

>Most sexual requests will be ignored, simply on the basis that your character is a naked unknown man/woman and most people are armed and logically sound. Maybe at some point in the future, but for now, not gonna happen.
>If a player dies, an obituary detailing the name and state of them/their party as well as their proximity to the endgame, length of quest, and cause of death. Some last words and/or a statement detailing their end is included. Postmortem a new character can be started (under certain circumstances you can continue from earlier as a deceased character) which is a blank slate.
>Upon completion, the game ends. The thread will get a report detailing their accomplishments. Since I'm a faggot and want there to be multiple endings, if it's voted on then we can go back a bit and shoot for that.
>I'm a human being with a busy schedule, so if for some reason this gains traction then don't expect me to be writing very often. I'll try to get at least a few (6-7) entries done if I'm on at the time, but we'll see. My schedule probably means that if I'm on, I'll be on for like 2-4 hours.

Anyway, onto the quest itself.
>>
STORY SHIT
In a rather unstable alliance of kingdoms to the far north, a new age is approaching. The grandest of occurrences is on the cusp of overtaking the world, and people are panicking. The frigid streets of the Northern Kingdom's cities grow empty as migrants flee the oncoming disaster/upheaval or whatever may happen. But that's just it, nobody could really tell you exactly what's happening. It may be the coming of a god or the true apocalypse, but what we know is that at the farthest northern keep, some disaster is brewing.

You awaken somewhere during the advent of the Prophecy's rising. The High Church, the primary governing body of the region, is slipping as panic overtakes the world, and ambitious adventurers are disappearing by the hundreds as they forage north in a hunt for glory or recognition from the Higher Ones.
>>
File: quest1.jpg (13KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
quest1.jpg
13KB, 276x183px
INTRODUCTION
You awaken to quiet. Rising from your worn cot, examining your surroundings yields little. The light level clearly indicates that it is nighttime. What you can gather is this: You are in a small, drafty room with crudely boarded windows, scattered night-light drifting in. Your leg is chained to the bed. You are wearing tattered clothes, that cover very little. You feel very cold winds coming from outside.

The only things you know about yourself are your name, gender, and age.

What are they?
>>
>>64060
>Ian Hawksmoor
>Male
>21
>>
>>64101

Sounds good to me
>>
>>64101
sure
>>
File: large_DSC_4084a.jpg (75KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
large_DSC_4084a.jpg
75KB, 800x531px
>>64101
Your memory may be fragmented, but at least you can remember that. Your name is Ian Hawksmoor. You are a younger man, 21 years of age, with an average build. Beyond those fragments of information, however, there is little else you can recall.

Forgetting about straining your mind for memories, you focus on the situation at hand. The bed you are chained to is badly rusted and feels as if it would snap if you were to move too much. The chain attaching you, however, is brand new.

The cold is bitter, and you are nearly naked. You easily break the bar attaching you to the bed, now dangling it behind you. Priorities, now. You stand in the middle of the room.

What do you do?

I'm going to wait for like 5 minutes after no more responses are given before I post the next thing. I think that should work pretty well.
>>
>>64164
Try to untie yourself. Wiggle it out.
>>
>>64164
Look around the room looking for anything useful or anything that might help me remember where I am
>>
>>64177
>>64195

Wriggling your wrists does little to free you from the cuffs, but you manage to slip the bar you were attached to out of the bed-frame, allowing you to stand up completely and examine your surroundings.

The only door you can see is boarded shut. You attempt to open it, but the nails are strong, even in the state they appear to be in. It does not budge, so you elect to examine the room more closely.

Though difficult in the dark, you spot a few objects. The bed lies in the center of the room, now a little crooked and missing a few bars. In the corner, what appears to be a balled up quilt rests. An assortment of slender planks, wood or metal, lies along the far wall. There is a stone fireplace, but it's dry and missing logs.

By the time your eyes adjust, you realize the state the room is in, truly. It's bent badly to one side, the walls angling in an odd direction. One wall is nearly in splinters, pockmarked by cracks, little slats of light. That wall clearly leads to the outside.

You currently have a long chain attached to a rusty piece of a bed frame on your wrist, but nothing else on your person save your tattered clothes.

>action?
>>
>>64246
See if any of the metals are slender enough to pick at your cuffs.
>>
>>64314
You start towards the pile of scrap. The weight of the bar hanging from your cuffs and your fatigue make it more of a task than you expected.

You shuffle through the pile slowly, looking between the larger slabs and boards of wood for anything small enough to detach your cuffs. You suffer a few small cuts, nothing major.

Success! you find a tiny sliver of shiny metal that just fits inside the keyhole. After a few moments of fiddling, you hear a satisfying click, and the metal clatters to the floor with a thud.

Now free of that burden, you feel a bit more energized. Suddenly, however, a gust of wind blows through the leaning wall, chilling you greatly and causing an enormous groan to emanate from the building.

You are reminded of the frigidity of the room, now that you are unchained and unburdened. Your next task, you assume, is to escape the room. But how?

The wall seems unstable, and you have quite a few blunt objects in the pile of scraps. However, you notice that the door in the room has no wind coming from it. It most likely leads deeper into the building. You could probably break down the door and see if there's more to scavenge.

Do you attempt to break the wall and go outside or break the door and see if there's more to the building?

gotta go soon, will come back tomorrow and see if thread hasn't died yet.
>>
>>64385
Break the door. Thanks for running.
>>
File: quest1643.jpg (197KB, 1280x513px) Image search: [Google]
quest1643.jpg
197KB, 1280x513px
>>64398
You feel rather bare in the cold, and elect to explore the building further, in hopes of finding something akin to clothes or even food.

You grab a large piece of metal and begin to ram at the door. A stinging sensation comes from your gut, and your limbs burn with soreness, but you ignore them for now, and continue to bash at the door.

After the last board finally falls, and you worked up a heavy sweat, the door swings open to reveal a dark corridor. You tentatively step into it, feeling exposed and rather frightened.

Continuing, the building splits into a staircase and two rooms, right and left. You decide to sweep the home for anything, beginning with the leftmost room.

It's a room with a dining table, covered in silverware. Conveniently enough, a long, elegant straight sword lies across the middle of it. Ceremonial. Disturbing more is the blood surrounding it, but you ignore that, and hope those who caused it are not still present.

That room swept, with a light-ish weapon in hand you continue exploring.

Most of the house is rather dull, but holds a foreboding aura, particularly considering the fact that you were imprisoned in the backmost room. By the time you finish your search, you've found some rather light leather armor, a piece of stale bread, three daggers, a broken shield, and the ceremonial sword.

With your new haul in tow and your stomach no longer angered, you move to the unlocked front door, which hangs ajar. Bracing yourself, you finally exit the dilapidated building.

Hit by a wall of icy wind, you stumble, but regain your bearings. The world seems sunken in snow and frigidly cold. The building you exited looks terrible, made from dull brown wood with shattered windows and rooms you must've missed while inside. Behind it, a pine tree forest looms.

In front of you, on the horizon, you spot the golden lights of a city. The wall and the fortress's spires can be seen, and the golden light looks incredibly inviting. It's across a rather frigid plain, but looks much better than the woods.

However, as with most conscious humans, you, of course, have a choice.

>city-bound or forest adventures?

rolling out for now, back in eventually. will probably start a new thread for self satisfaction if this one's gone. Thanks for participating, though.
>>
>Sergei Yoroboslav
>Male
>35
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.