[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lamplighter Quest: Thread Four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: lamplighter5.png (2MB, 1461x1317px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter5.png
2MB, 1461x1317px
Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Lamplighter%20Quest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OuroQM
Questions: http://ask.fm/OuroQM
Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/4TrWRPPq
>>
Chapter Four: End of the Line

Light streams through the window.

Your eyes flutter open slowly and you squint and for the briefest moment as you wake, you feel the warmth of the sun on your face and the shine of blue sky above. Your work is done and you are no longer needed. You can rest.
But then you wake and you know it to be just a fantasy. The light is pure, yes and bright besides but it’s just the central lamp-post outside.
You’ve rested long enough.

You rise with some discomfort as you ease out the stiffness in your back and neck that comes from falling asleep seated in the corner. You’re still in the back bedroom of Enoch’s pub. How long did you sleep for? A few hours? All ‘night’?
You look outside the window to see a town in peace. The sun has gone down and the stars are out and Enoch is bubbled within a shell of golden light. Your handiwork.

Beatrice is still in bed, lying still with her hat stood on top of her face to ward off the light. Is she still sleeping? You suppose you can’t blame her.

But enough is enough. You’re burning time and you have to get moving. You can’t afford to be dallying about in towns that no longer need you. And the express line to Dis, now that you know it for what it truly is, calls to you. You doubt you’ll ever be able to rest again so close to that cursed track.

>Wake Beatrice up. It’s time we all got going.

>Make sure the train is ready.

>Talk to the mayor about those cultists you gave to him.

>Recharge your Wick.

>Other
>>
>>635748

>awake and feeling fine
Who are you really, impostor?
>>
>>635748

>Recharge your Wick.
>>
>>635748
>>Talk to the mayor about those cultists you gave to him.
>Recharge your Wick.
>>
File: orro.png (69KB, 581x600px) Image search: [Google]
orro.png
69KB, 581x600px
Also, I suppose I should mention that one of you lot made a discord room for Lamplighter. I don't really intend on using it for much since it ain't mine but I will post when updates are done and answer questions if people ping me in it so check it out if that's your thing.

https://discord.gg/nfHjz4r
>>
>>635748
>>
>>635748
>Other
Check with the Smith about your staff and minor quick repairs to armor if damaged
>>
>>635748
>>Wake Beatrice up. It’s time we all got going.
>>Make sure the train is ready.
>>
Ouro alive?
>>
>>636007
His internet's eating shit.
>>
>>635748
>>Make sure the train is ready.
>>Talk to the mayor about those cultists you gave to him.
>>Recharge your Wick
>>
>>635748

>Recharge your Wick.
>>
Hold up guys, we might have to continue this tomorrow. My internet is coming and going in weird lag spikes. It won't even load the captcha half the time and it looks like it ain't stopping anytime soon.

I've been trying to post this message for over an hour now, christ.
>>
>>636138
Well thanks for trying boss, I'll have this tabbed up til the wee hours if it fixes itself.
>>
>>635748
>Other

Like, we should probably check on Beatrice. Regardless of her being a witch, she is still in our care and got injured fixing our fuckup.

And I'm curious and concerned about how that might have interacted with her ingested "flame".
>>
>>636351
I figured we talk to her last so she can get max rest. She's earned it and odds are she won't want to come with.
>>
File: bbbb.jpg (65KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bbbb.jpg
65KB, 225x225px
Alright the internet has settled back down but I've got to go to work real soon. Got to say, starting to get pretty pissed off with all this bullshit that keeps piling up in my life when I'm just trying to run.

I'll post an update tonight when I get back home from work and we'll continue the session at the usual time tomorrow, right? Hopefully we can actually run for a full day for once.
>>
>>635741
In this order:
>Recharge your Wick.
>>
File: behind_you.jpg (275KB, 640x360px)
behind_you.jpg
275KB, 640x360px
>>637354
It's the lizard people babe, they after you!
>>
>>636822
Unless she's having a bad reactions or something.

I never said we should talk to her, just like check and make sure she isn't getting sicker or something.
>>
>>635748
didn't Beatrice want to stay?
>>
Alright, I'm back from work and calling the vote. I'll do one update now and then return tomorrow at the usual time when (hopefully) my internet is not so turbulent.
>>
This vote will remain open until the session tomorrow.

>Inspect the train first.
>See the mayor.
>Recharge your Wick
>Wake Beatrice

You nearly wake Beatrice first but in the end you stay your hand when you see her bandaged arms. Yesterday she risked her life to repair what could have been the greatest mistake you ever made and considering your history, that’s really something. If she has not proven herself worthy than at the very least she has proven her aspiration towards it. You know now that she will always chase the light.
But for how long? Trust not a witch’s heart to stay steady.

But she’s earned some rest regardless. And doesn’t she want to stay here? You see no real problem with Enoch and you’re sure the townsfolk would happily take her in even considering her rudeness. But they would only do so because they don’t know that she is a witch. Can you in good conscience let her find safe haven by fooling the grateful? She might claim right of hospitality but those are forgeries, customs set aside for humans. A witch is not obliged a safe home or hearth anywhere.

You walk out through the pub and the few people currently still within hastily nod and get out of your way as you pass. But one of them follows after you, the hairy barkeep named Abraham. He steps over to you but keeps his distance. There’s an increasingly troubled look to his eye.
“How is she?”

“Still sleeping.”

“After all this time? Is she well?”

“Evidently not but in this case I think she just needs rest. But your concern is appreciated.”
To tell the truth the amount of concern he’s suddenly acquired to Beatrice’s well-being is somewhat perplexing. Does he feel guilty for the altercation yesterday?

“There’s something we need to talk about.”

“Is it urgent?”
The dismissive tone to your question startles him just a little and he takes another step back. A tad rude perhaps but you have never felt at ease assuaging the guilt of others. If he feels bad for nearly starting a fight with the saviours of the town and forcing you to step in personally that’s his problem to get over. You’ve already told him of this and you have little patience for those who choose to wallow in their regrets.

“No bu-”

“Then we can speak of it later. For now I have a task I must attend to.”

You leave him behind and return to the lone rail that bisects the town of Enoch right down its main street. The locomotive is still there, your battered old handcar looking even more destitute than usual sitting on the track next to it. The trolley still has an old hook so you should be able to connect it to the back of the train and take it with you. You never know when you might need a good handcar.

But before you can make sure that the train’s engine is in working condition you are stopped, brought to a halt by the approach of the mayor. You...You can’t remember his name. He won’t notice, will he?
1/2
>>
>>637790
“Mayor. To what do I owe this pleasure?”
This fortuitous, you’d been meaning to speak with him about those two fool cultists.

“It’s about the train.”
You can feel your spirits begin to sink already as the mayor continues to speak.
“We lost our last carriage over a month ago and it’s been hard depending on the shipments of other towns. It would do Enoch much good if we could keep this for our own use.”

No.
You almost just say that out loud before you restrain yourself. You need this. You’ve found the express-line to Dis, you need a train! You need something with an engine, something to finally put an end to constantly working the pump trolley! And you’re to give it up for what? These people? You fought for this train while they hid. They don’t even need this beast, it would certainly make their lives a lot easier but so what?

Truth be told you don’t REALLY need it either but it would certainly make your life a lot easier as well. Can you really weigh the importance of yourself over the needs of an entire town?

>Yes actually, yes you can. Your duty is far more important than any single town.

>Relinquish it to Enoch with a heavy heart. There’s nothing stopping you from taking the old reliable pump trolley to Dis.

>”I promise I will return it someday.”

>”This town didn’t do battle with a witch and a swarm of ghouls for it. I did.”

>”Is what I have done for you not enough already? Do you still seek more from me?”

>”The train is cursed.” This is a lie but a believable one.

>Other
>>
>>637792
>”Is what I have done for you not enough already? Do you still seek more from me?”
The nerve of some people.
>>
>>637792
>It won't help. One of the fallen stars ruined the train track heading to the other towns. Unless you have a regular trade deal with Dis?
>>
>>637792
>”This town didn’t do battle with a witch and a swarm of ghouls for it. I did

>Relinquish it to Enoch with a heavy heart. There’s nothing stopping you from taking the old reliable pump trolley to Dis.
>>
>>637809
Also a good point
>>
>>637809
This the good shit.
>>
>>637792
>Fuck that, my train!
>>
>>637792
>Yes actually, yes you can. Your duty is far more important than any single town.
>>
>>637792
>Other

unless you intend to take there are other towns between here and Dis there is a blasted crater on the way to Augustine that has destroyed the rail, it will be of no use to you

yeah yeah I know Ouro said there are no stops on the way to Dis but Orion doesn't know that
>>
>>637809
Second
>>
>>637792

>>637809
Supporting
>>
>>637792
>>
>>637809
this
>>
Alright guys, posting from phone here while waiting for internet cafe to open. In case you didn't see my tweets my house lost power! But I'm going to update as soon as I can get settled into this cafe and start bleeding money.
>>
Okay nevermind I never actually had to visit this place before and it is super shit. It's not as bad as the time I tried to finish a SC session in a Macca's carpark but its fucking close.
And to tell the truth? When you take into account the fact that last week and last thread was just me feeling sick all the time and then this week had family affairs followed by internet issues followed by power outages...I don't know what to do anymore. I give up.
>>
>>639126
Maybe, just get some rest hope things are better later and restart then? Life is being a dick to you boss, just chill a little. We understand.
>>
>>639126
Disappointed to not see the story finished, but there's no point to QMing if you're not having fun.
>>
>>639126
If it's a miserable time for you please just shelve it and come back to it later, y'know?

I'm sure everyone can be patient. I'm also sure people who've followed this long can wait some weeks/months for this, yeah? Thing's don't always work out easy and some patient understanding would be a small price to pay.

This is a really good, and fun, quest. A recovery hiatus is fine.
>>
>>639126
At least we are almost at a good place to pause, you flaker!
>>
>>639126
Your life IRL is more important than what is happening here. Take as much time as you need to get your life in order. Come back only if/when you want to, not because you feel compelled/obligated to.
>>
>>639126
Fuck. Hang in there man. I've never seen any QM hit by the curse harder than you.
>>
>>639126
Don't give up, the quest is awesome and life is giving you shit

Life will Improve
>>
Thanks guys. We'll be on delay until all this gets sorted out. But I WILL come back in a week or so.

>>640014
Thanks but there are QMs who are literally dead.
>>
>>640935
I think he means of Qms who are still willing to try/not actually dead.
>>
>>640935
>literally dead.
Who?
>>
>>641093
Crusty Jones.
>>
>>641472
Who was that? What did he write?
>>
>>642573
Wrote HOmeless Mutant Quest
>>
>>637809
supporting
>>
>>637792
Apparently there's other dudes coming to Dis with the same objective in mind, isn't there?
I'm not sure how getting there faster then them on the expressway to what is probably a horribly witchified town in a noisy train is going to help all that much.

On the flip side, if they're going the same way as you, you can ride with the handcar attached part way and then split. it might be to your benefit this way because you could request they seek out assistance to local towns they trade with. It might be a long shot, but they might be able to pull down cavalry (lampers of various sorts) to assist you at some later date.
>>
>>649802
>Apparently there's other dudes coming to Dis with the same objective in mind, isn't there?

If you trust prophecys using dirt that can be manipulated by Witches on a whim then sure there are

Personally I wouldn't trust that as far as I could throw it
>>
Just for the record, I ended up updating in a whole new thread instead of trying to continue this one.
>>666921
>>
>>641472
I'm late as hell to this, but was this actually confirmed?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.