[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Watch Quest part 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

File: DeathwatchVet.jpg (125KB, 616x676px) Image search: [Google]
DeathwatchVet.jpg
125KB, 616x676px
You check over your Armor one more time, The new sheer Black contrasting with the Colors of your chapter upon your right Shoulder. Freshly Seconded to the Deathwatch, You are enroute to the Watch Fortress ‘Unending Vigil,’ But you are not the only Space Marine Aboard this Ship, four others also wear the Black alongside you. Even without your enhanced hearing you’d be able to hear the bellowing laughter of a Space Wolf from the Meal Hall of the Vessel, but without it you would not hear the soft Prayers of the Dark Angel from his chamber. A soft Creaking come from the Chamber of the Red Scorpion, most likely pacing his room in deep thought. You Don’t get to listen any further before your door Chimes, Another Space Marine asking entry.

“Enter.” You call from your Bench, only to be greeted by your final Brother. His Pauldron is A deep Cream color, emblazoned with a blood drop covered Raven.

“Greetings, Brother. I had meant to do this before we departed Watch Fortress Talasa, but You boarded after me, may I know Your Namel?” Calls the Blood Raven, Extending a Hand in greeting.

> What is Your Name and Chapter, Brother?
>>
>>625695
>Darius, Sons of Antaeus
>>
>>625695
Velulz, of the Iron Hands. Iron-Father if possible.
>>
>>625695

Hadrian

The Emperor's Nightmare
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>625695
I'll give it a few more minutes but if no option overcomes the other then this roll will decide it
>>
>>625695

Dadriun, a Black Shield. We no longer speak of our chapter...
>>
File: Iron Father.jpg (274KB, 694x964px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Father.jpg
274KB, 694x964px
“I am Velulz, Of the Iron Hands. What Is your Name Raven?”

“I am Mellor, pleased to meet You, Tech Marine.”

You clasp his arm with your own, the bionics under your armor clicking as they simulate the tendons of your hand.

“If I might pry, Honored adept, what brings you to the Death watch, I thought Your tech priest Rarely Left their Chapter?”

> What caused Your vigil?
>>
>>625820
"My chapter has found it worthwhile to let me serve with you for a long time."
We read some history books and found ourselves in possession of some hot opinions about the Moirae Schism.
>>
>>625820
>I am ancient and time honored, as would be the machines located deep within the Death-watch itself. It would seem rather straight forward when you look at it as such.
>>
>>625820
"My Chapter has found it Worthwhile to let me serve with you for a time, but I am skilled in my craft and the many Watch Fortresses of the Deathwatch Harbor many Ancient and forgotten Technologies, it would be to the Imperium's advantage for us to restore these weapons of war to readiness."

"Well Said, Brother." Nods Mellor "I need not keep you from your thoughts, I also wanted to inform you we will be arriving shortly." the Blood Raven Leaves your chambers, giving you time to do any rights you may wish to perform before you arrive at the Watch Fortress.

>perform the Rituals of Accuracy on your Bolter
>perform the Rituals of Cleansing on your Armor
>Perform the Rituals of Righteousness on your Power Axe
>>
>>625920
>Perform all 3 if possible.

Our faith must never weaver even in times of need.
>>
File: Deathwatch Captain.png (206KB, 450x810px) Image search: [Google]
Deathwatch Captain.png
206KB, 450x810px
The Words “Our Faith Must never Waiver even in times of need” come to your mind, An old saying of the Iron Father who trained you and several of your Fellow Tech Adepts in the Ways of Faith and the Machine. Adding a pinch of incense to your burner you begin to complete as many of the steps of all three rituals as you can before you arrive.

secret roll: You Succeed

You finish mounting the casing of your Bolter back on before you hear the Captain of the vessel announce your arrival at the Watch Fortress.

Disembarking from the Frigate, You and your fellow space marines are guided to the Mission Center of the Watch Fortress, once their you are greeted by the Watch Captain, A Raven guard by his Emblem, who greets each of you and introduces you in turn.

"Dagfin of the Space Wolves, a Mighty Tracker of all xenos."

"Cassiel of the Dark Angels, there are few finer champions."

"Cerren of the Red Scorpians, Few are as skilled at Demolitions as he."

"Mellor of the Blood Ravens, A true Marksmen trained by a former Death Watch Scout."

"Velulz of the Iron Hands, With his aid You will never Falter in equipment or Faith."

with introductions out of the way, the Watch Captain leads you to the missive display Table; 3 Worlds are Highlighted, having requested Inquisition aid in the matter of Xenos.

>Daunter, A Force of orks have wreaked havoc across its surface
>Astar, Reports of important personnel going missing only to return untouched a week later
>Ronus, the Governor there claims that eldar have been sighted scaling the walls of the Main Hive City, although he has no knowledge as to why

>Which will you aid, Kill Team?
>>
>>626123
Well that Failed
>>
>>626123
>Astar, Reports of important personnel going missing only to return untouched a week later

Forgot the end tag's there QM? lol
>>
>>626139
Something like that
>>
>>626143
IT LIVES OP, RETURN.
>>
>>626123
Orks are better faced with an army so it's this or the Eldar and I'd rather know our team before we deal with their crap.
>>
>>626123
>Daunter, A Force of orks have wreaked havoc across its surface

>>626504
All you have to do is kill the warboss, nice and simple.
>>
>>626519 "All you have to do is kill the warboss, nice and simple."

What the fuck it's not that simple, why, Veluzs (I just got that as i typed it LOL)

any ways, Fucking Veluzs here trained under warboss, So it aint that simple.
>>
>>626519
You kill the Warboss. You now have abunch of waring orks, fighting into broken down clans.
>>
Astar is the Merchant Hub of the Sub Sector, its Location at a calm in the sea of the Warp only exacerbates the Importance of this world, If something is deep within the hive Cities, Abducting public officials and returning them as if nothing had happened lends this an air of great import. Your Brothers Agree with you, and the Watch Captain Directs you to the Armory to resupply and Modify Your Wargear.

>Metal Storm Rounds and a Combat Shield
>Inferno Bolts and Reinforced Mechadendrites
>Hell Fire Bolts and Enhanced Auspex

Having Retrieved your munitions and Wargear your Kill Team Boards a Small Warp Capable Corvette and set your sights on Astar And whatever Lurks beneath its surface

>Do you have anything to do or say before you arive?
>>
>>626820
>>Hell Fire Bolts and Enhanced Auspex
We're tough as hell, we'll be ok.

Let's bless our team's wargear before dropping in.
>>
>>626844
Calling your Brothers to the Chamber set aside for simple maintenance, You ask each of them to leave a piece of their wargear with you so you may Bless it. The only one to Refuse your offer is Cerren, Not trusting any piece of his wargear out of his sight. You hear Mellor Stifle a laugh The rest Leave their bolter, or in the case of Cassiel his Power Sword, in your Care.

>roll 1d100, Lower is better
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>626877
Here's to victory.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>626877
>Soft whisper of heretic
>>
>>626900

Your faith in the Omnissiah is Without equal and These Weapons of war are grateful for your expert attendance and their Spirits Strive towards Perfection in their Arts. Their Sights see true, Their Roar Honed and Strengthened by Faith, Their edge is Sharp and without pear, You return the wargear to your brothers, their Faces almost gleeful without their helmets on, They thank you when they see what you have done for them. Even Cerren Admires your handiwork although he turns down your offer a seconds time.

> There is still time for a prayer or other activites
>>
>>626926
>Learn more about the supposed people who have gone missing and anything else about the hive.
>>
File: Astar.jpg (167KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Astar.jpg
167KB, 1024x640px
>>626933
Interfacing with the Cogitator of the Corvette, You bring up the Mission data for Astar. Several Elected Officials, Factory Foreman, and Church Leaders Have gone Missing for up to a
week at a time, before returning as if they had got to bed and returned to their duties the next day.

The Planetary Governor is concerned this might be plot by rebellious Hivers or something more Xeno in nature.

That is all you are able to gleam before the Captain of the vessel announces that you have arrived to the Orbit of Astar. A Long Ring of shipyards and Docks loop over the equator of the planet, Ships Dock and unload cargo here so as to sent down to the surface along with crew awaiting shore leave.

> Will you report to the governor now or ask Around the local workers about the disappearances
>>
>>626983
>Ask around the local workers before the governor gets to them.
>>
>>626983
Report to the governor first
>>
>>626983
Report to the governor, we're not a people person.
>>
>>627006
>>627038

You and your Kill-Team take a shuttle down to the surface, Landing on the Governor's Landing pad, You are greeted by a Dozen Armed Arbites at attention, obviously an honor guard for the Governor’s Bailiff.

“Greetings my Lord, We have been Expecting your visit, if you would follow me, my Lord”

As You pass through a massive archway door, you see a Vase thrown From Far off room, Scattering shards across the floor. An Angry older man Marches from the room towards the bailiff

“Where are those Damned Astartes? They Should be here by now… My lords Forgive me” The man catches himself as he notices the 5 giant Warriors behind the bailiff.

"Well, now that you are here we can discuss the Strange Activities going on in the Main hive"

"As you know Societal Leaders have been Disappearing and Reappearing with no idea that they were gone at all. now we held them under medical quarantine for a short amount of time, and after no noticeable or detected issues, we released them although we know where they live and where they work. I would like you to speak to these Men and Women and find out the cause of these Disappearances. "

> Do you have anything you specifically want to ask the Governor?
>>
>>627102
We should ask if their activities have changed, assuming the Arbites have kept them under surveillance. Some sort of cult maybe?
>>
>>627102
>Ask where it was happening
>If they are somehow happening in the same area, or underhive
>Ask if anything else has gone missing
>Find out when/where the lastest one had happened
>>
>>627123
“Their Activity has remained largely unchanged although many of the Young Women have started to talk about the Priest Doting on them more than the other parishioners.”
>>627129

“The main zone of occurrence has been the underhive where much of the Local Factorum and Mining operations are located, the Priest being Abducted was the exception as he comes from the surface around the Hive.”

“The only thing that has gone missing was a Shuttle full of Ganger auto guns and Other weapons on their way to be destroyed. But surely xenos would have no need for such weapons.”

“The last reported incident was just a few days ago, a Mining Foreman disappeared down a Mine Shaft and never came back up. But in a mine these things are known to happen.”

> Is that All you'd like to ask the Governor or would you like to Speak to some of the Local Laborers?

> if you'd not like to speak to any one Where would you like to begin your search?
>>
>>627166
We should speak to the laborers just to see if they can offer us any other insight. After that, I'm thinking to start looking at the Mine shaft.
>>
>>627185
Thanking the Governor for his time, You and you Kill team Land in one of the commercial Shipping areas looking any witnesses or people that Work closely with the Abductees so that you may begin your investigation.

An Astartes Is imposing even outside their armor, but in your War Plate You tower over the local workers, The emblem upon your silver arm is enough to let them know you operate with the Full backing of the Inquisition and so they begin to tell you what they know of the Disappearances.

“... The Boss had just stepped outside for an Io Stick when I heard him Grunt in pain,My Lord, I ran outside but he was gone when I Found his still lit Io Stick, My Lord...”

“... The Priest had finished his sermons for the day when he went in the rear room of his Church, My Lord. I didn’t see anything but I didn’t see him around for a few days, my lord, and when he came back he was very doting on the Younger single women... ”

“... The Foreman for Mine Septum Just went missing a few Days back, my lord, Heard from a friend of mine that he went to check the integrity of one of the new tunnels when one of the Workers disappeared down there My lord. ”

The Situation is clearly strange but for what purpose could something abduct these people only to return them unharmed?

>Check on the Priest that the Worker Mentioned
>Check on the Floor Boss the Dock Worker mentioned
>investigate Mine Septum, as mentioned by the Miner
>>
>>627268
Investigate the priest, tell your battle brothers you suspect genestealers
>>
>>627268
Fiver on genestealer cult. I wonder if the medical attention they were given could detect genetic changes?
>>
>>627281
>>627283
Genestealermind.
>>
>>627268

>>627283
>>627281
>>627287
Genestealers would need a 5th generation to do this shite.
>>
>>627290
>>627287
>>627281

“Brothers, I know not Your experience with the Tyranid, but I think the Signs are clear, We may have a well embedded Genestealer Cult Somewhere inside the hive.”

Mellor Nods in agreement “I was but an Initiate During the Aurelian Crusade but I fought Along side my brothers and held those worlds from the Tyranid, I will not let this sector Meet that terrible fate.”

Your fellow Space marines concur with you about the cause of the abductions and put forward the idea that you Find the Priest before he can spread the Genestealer DNA.

The lone Thunder-hawk aboard the Corvette you arrived on deploys a Land-speeder to aid you in your task.

Roll 1d100, Lowest of 3
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>627336
It's time for some probing.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>627336
>>
>>627350
>>627357
Maybe I should have said best of 3 again
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>627362
I.. was just being polite. My apologies.
>>
>>627385
I will take that roll if only because I miss typed it
-------

The land Speeder Bucks Like a Untrained Warbeast Desperately trying to dismount the 5 space marines aboard. Your Experience, and needless to say your patience, only just manages to hold out as you pull up to the Closest landing pad to the Chapel.

**Wargear Use**
As You approach your auspex notices the Telltale Claw marks on the top of the Churches Marble Pillars. They are fairly recent and signal to you at least one Purebreed inside.

>Is there anything you would like to tell your brothers before you enter? Any Tactics you would like to Employ?
>>
>>627402
>Bolters in the center
>Melee weapons on the outside to support it
>Semi-Circle
>Purge all those within.
>>
>>627402
Pass along the information about the Purebreed. We have positive evidence of genestealer taint, and we should tell the Governor as well. He should wait to mobilize forces until we find the source of the infestation to avoid the cult fleeing. However, a properly timed cordon of the area may prevent the cult from spreading.
>>
>>627426
>>627425
Activating the Inbuilt Voxlink of your helmet, You Send a Report to the governor about the Dangers of the Infestation and inform him to ready his forces but only to deploy them when You discover the source of the infestation.

“Brothers, There is at least one Pure Genestealer Inside, Ready your weapons. Dagfin, Cassiel take up the flanks, Cerren, Mellor, watch the ceiling, I will take the Lead.” You say Flatly as you lift your power axe over your head, bringing it down hard on the Wooden beam barring your path into the Chapel.

Your brothers Enter as you instructed, The Dark angel and Space Wolf Protecting their Brothers of Raven and Scorpion. Your Auspex notices the body of a girl slumped over a Pew, Her once White Dress a Dark Red from the Belly down.

>Give me 4d100 -20, 1d100-10
>>
Rolled 88, 40, 7, 45 + 20 = 200 (4d100 + 20)

>>627477
>>
Rolled 69, 96, 68, 7 - 20 = 220 (4d100 - 20)

>>627477
>>
Rolled 71 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>627477
>>
Finally a warhammer quest!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Purestrain_Genestealer.jpg (53KB, 462x699px) Image search: [Google]
Purestrain_Genestealer.jpg
53KB, 462x699px
>>627480

You barely notice the Drool leaking from the ceiling as your kill-team approaches, but notice you do, Bringing your bolter to aim at the glowing eyes of the Purebreed, the element of surprise lost, the genestealer Scuttles along the ceiling hoping to find safety from your bolter fire.

“Above us, brothers!” You Call

Dagfin eyes the alcoves to the ceiling suspicously when he notices a dark purple robe open revealing a high power auto gun, but the cultist never gets to fire as the Space Wolf fires two metal Storm rounds showering the alcoves in burning hot shrapnel.
“In the Alcoves as well!” he roars as he fires several flak shots at the genestealer

Cassiel Brings up the plasma pistol He brought with him to the Watch Fortress, the Deep Blue Coils Glowing Brightly before launching itself at the genestealers chest, dropping it from the ceiling right on top of the Women’s corpse.

Mellor Fires at the alcoves in bursts the Inferno Rounds setting the Cloth robes alight as the bolts pass into the Cultist showering the surrounding cultists will blood and fire.

Cerrin Brings his Bolter to aim at the body of the genestealer as it tries to rise from its wounds, putting burst after burst of Hellfire Rounds into the Tyranid’s Chest.

The Purebreed lies dead, the cultists fleeing back to their patriarch, but your task is not finished, Kill Team

>What do you do next, Brothers?
>>
>>627576

We have this one, and the Primarch one.
>>
>>627578

Continue the purge. Tell the governor that we have confirmation of Genestealers.

I´m drunk don´t expect coherence from me
>>
>>627578
>Purge everything
>Tell teh Governor to catch the others to speak with them about health.
>>
>>627578
You inform the Governor of the Confirmed infestation, once more urging caution until you can find the Source of these Tyranid. although you do tell him to apprehend the Other Abductees who may be infested with the genestealer sequence.

after you finish informing him of the Latest events, you notice each of your brothers Stoop over the Genestealer, cutting away a bladed claw, each.

>will you take a Trophy from the genestealer?

before you continue you search the church, finding an ancient power sword inside a Plasteel safe.

> do you take the Power sword?

Finishing your investigation in the lower levels of the Chapel, You head to the alcoves, finding them littered in yellow gore and half exploded bodies, but you notice a Datapad embedded in one of the alcoves, it appears to be attached to something although the wall next to it does not budge when you push

Roll 1d100 please
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>627679
>Yes for a Trophy
>yes the Power sword and plan to purify it/check it out when we return to the ship.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>627679
>will you take a Trophy from the genestealer?
Take something from the head.

> do you take the Power sword?
Secure it. Negate it to the enemy
>>
>>627691
You take the skull from the Genestealer, using the hook Dagfin handed you to secure it to your belt.

You also take the power sword, You power it on experimentally, The blade's engraved surface is engulfed in a crimson Power Field and the air around it feels physically hotter, or so your armor's sensors claim.

Accessing the Datapad, you are able to easily bypass the encryption and open the hidden door that leads into the Sewer System. Followed by your Brothers You jump down the hole, Your armor easily absorbing the shock of landing from such a height, although you are now thigh deep in the murky water that flows through the outer hives waste system.

>Do you follow the Scrapings on the wall
or
>do you Request additional Support, if so in what manner?
>>
>>627727
>request PDF/Storm trooper forces to stand guard here if we can't lock it behind us and also any sewer system entnerances for miles around. Kill anything, human or mutant fleeing from them until we report back in.

>If we don't report back in in 24 hours send information to our vessle in space.

>Follow the Scrapings on the wall.
>>
>>627727
Ask the kill team for their opinion, but still follow the scraping. It´s a trap probably.

>do you Request additional Support, if so in what manner?
Let the PDF guard the entrace and continue the purge. And to kill anything non human or strange. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>627743
>>627735
You request the governor to station his men at the Entrances and Exits to the outer hive waste system, although he warns you that spread that thin they would not be of much aid if you needed them in a hurry. You also send him a Packet of Data to send to the watch fortress if you do not return in 24 hours.

"Brothers, I will not lead us to our deaths without The permission of my fellows, So I ask now, Do you stand With me?" You ask genuinely unsure of what their answers will be.

Dagfin is the First to clutch his fist to his heart "I will stand with you, Iron Father. Without your aid and experience who knows what might have happened to this world."

Mellor Is next "I pledged to purge this planet, and I shan't Fail. I will stand with you."

Cassiel Holds his sword aloft before stabbing it down and falling to a knee "I will stand with you, Son of Ferrus."

Cerrin Checks the sights of his bolter "We are the Adeptus Astartes, We know no fear, I will stand with you, Brother"

Your Brothers in tow, You begin to follow the Claw marks along the walls. 20 minutes into your trek you find walkways thick enough for a Space marine to stand on, continuing on you start to hear the click of claw on concrete coming from all around you.

Roll 5d100 - 20 (And I mean remove 20 from the roll)
>>
Rolled 43, 28, 24, 86, 88 + 20 = 289 (5d100 + 20)

>>627806
>>
Rolled 16, 77, 36, 66, 58 - 20 = 233 (5d100 - 20)

>>627806

*dice+5d100 +-20*
Yoy can make it substract using " +- "
>>
>>627806
Each of you cover a different direction of the crossroads when the Genestealers come into view, these ones hardly look like the Purebreed, much of their flesh pink and soft rather than hard carapace.

Your bolter Barks as the Hell-fire rounds strike and inject their payload into the Half breeds, knocking the weaker ones from the ceiling as they curl up like spiders in their death throes, the stronger ones are undone by the explosion that follows tearing fatal holes in their torsos. those that manage to close the distance are cut down with axe and fury.

Dagfin fires his Bolt pistol Emptying the gun into the horde, rending the flesh of most if not all who pass through the superheated shrapnel. He readies his Chainsword and begins to cut down all who come near him, their bodies creating a natural funnel.

Mellor preps a Frag grenade and sets its timer short, tossing it so the horde will pass above it. The grenade makes short work of them, and and those that live are easily dealt with. The Raven is able to shoot so that as many fall from the ceiling before he throws another grenade.

Cassiel fires his plasma pistol into the largest of the Half breeds, before he readies his Power Sword in both hands, the Pistol locked to his hip. He cuts down the Xenos in droves before he is pushed back but not before Cerren is able to through a pair of grenades at the Oncoming swarm. The Creatures Can scarcely Scream before they are silenced by his bolter.

Give me another 5d100-20
>>
Rolled 22, 7, 41, 21, 20 - 20 = 91 (5d100 - 20)

>>627863
Try to kill them at distance, but make sure there´s no more purebreeds.
>>
Rolled 41, 49, 58, 22, 23 - 20 = 173 (5d100 - 20)

>>627863
>>
>>627863
Best of three or lowest roll?
>>
>>627891
Lowest roll
>>
File: 1341597777722.gif (77KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1341597777722.gif
77KB, 704x400px
>>627925

Aww yeah!
>>
>>627863

Your auspex enhanced vision makes out the large but limbre shape of a purebreed directing the flow of half breed, You line up the shot with one hand while you bludgeon another hybrid with your Heavy boot. The adrenaline flowing through your veins makes the world move even slower than your superhuman reflexes already do. With the Pull of the trigger your bolter lets off a Single bolt through the air whizzing by the heads of of some of the Half breeds, your shot lands strikes true as the bolt embeds itself in the eye socket of the Genestealer before Exploding splattering the Xeno’s brains across the wall and sending the Half Breeds into Flight or Fight responses, many choosing to run for any exit.

Dagfin is in his element in one hand is his chosen instrument, A roaring assortment of teeth and gore, and in the other is the claw of one of the Halfbreeds that he has cut down, repurposed into a Weapon against the others. He sights the Purebreed leaping across the ceiling when he falls to one knee, bringing the claw up where his head was a moment before the purebreed sprawls behind him The claw firmly embedded inside the beast's skull.

Breath, Aim, Fire, the Mantra of many a Scout Master Teaching a pupil how to use their bolter. Mellor lines his sights up with the neck of the Purebreed Directing his lane, An expert shot by a practiced warrior the Creature's head flies past the half breed landing at Mellor’s Feet.

Cassiel Is Silent as he cuts down the endless horde wave after wave when he sights a monster, Larger than a purebreed by a length, the creature breaks through Cassiel’s Funnel
“Patriarch!” He shouts as he is thrown into a wall minus a leg. Cerren Levels his bolter at the Patriarch's Shoulder hoping to save Cassiel, firing round after round into the Carapace and muscle of the Mighty Genestealer. The beast turns slaping Cerren away with little Thought as it resumes its march on Cassiel.

> What do you do, Brothers?
>>
Rolled 40, 51, 4, 41, 89 + 20 = 245 (5d100 + 20)

>>627863
For the emperor
>>
>>627968
>Steady advance as we fire into any exposed joints or holes
>Once up close start cutting with our axe.
>any grenades throw at it.
>>
File: 1407741470786.jpg (80KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1407741470786.jpg
80KB, 605x605px
>>627968
Bolter to the face, then use the axe/sword.
Make a hole in it and bury a granade inside, or something along the lines. Also, pass the message.
I want to do pick related, but no.
>>
>>627997
>>628014
Give me 1d100, You get one reroll
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>628025
>>
>>628029
You have come too far not to return with your Brothers, you point your axe at the Patriarch
“Dagfin, get Cassiel out of here! Mellor, Cerren, aim for the Joints!” You shout as you continue your steady advance. The lumbering beast Swings one of its massive limbs at you as you roll From its path, bringing your bolter point blank with its head, You fire bolt after bolt hoping to keep its ire on you and are successful as it brings one of its smaller limbs down on you, you raise your arm to block it but the beast flexes its talon at the last moment stabbing through your bionic arm. Your will as much as the ceramite of your armor is all that is keeping it from ending your service to the emperor. You try to swing your axe at its head when it snaps at the axe, Breaking the symbol of your office in twain. The Beast drags you forward, the Bolter fire of your brothers doing little to distract it. You are almost resigned to your fate when you remember the last weapon at your disposal. Pulling your flesh arm back you draw the sword from your back and stab through the beast's Eye, boiling its brain inside of its skull.

The beast falls back and you with it, the Force of the Fall sends you off of its claw and into a wall. You are allowed to rest a moment before Mellor Helps you to stand.

"How does it feel, Iron Father, to have felled a beast that makes that skull on your belt look like a Grot to a Nob?" He chuckles before helping you to the surface of the hive.

>Well Done, Kill Team!
>>
>>628082
> Is there Anything Further that you would like to do Before you return to the Surface?
>>
>>628082
>>628105
>Purge those that had gone missing, and there families
>Check out the mines as well.

I know one ONLY one usually remains but its best to double check.
>>
>>628082

> Try to say anything for a mision accomplished. Can only think like CM.

I´m out of booze, and can think straight anymore.

>>628105
Search and purge in the inmediate area.
We still need to help killing the others suspects.
>>
>>628110
This is a good plan.
>>
>>628110
>>628082

As you go up to the Surface you direct the Governor to begin Sanitation of all who were in contact with the Genestealers, including the families of the Abductees. The Governor does not ask why and bows to your superior knowledge of the xenos you are facing.

You’ve found yourself emerging not far from your landspeeder, only to find that Dagfin was on his way back to aid you after he had stored Cassiel in the Back of the landspeeder. Mellor Regails him with how you stood face to face the the Patriarch and stabbed it in the eye. Cerren arrives behind you having wrapped up the parts of your power axe to be repaired at a later date.

> Will you Check the mines before you Leave?
>>
>>628134
>Visit the mines

We gotta make sure, its another spot they poofed.
>>
>>628134
>Check the mines

There will be his main base, and a bunch of cultist.
Try to prepare accordingly (Replace axe or use the sword, and bring frag's.)
>>
File: Space Spartan Marine.jpg (167KB, 1280x1352px) Image search: [Google]
Space Spartan Marine.jpg
167KB, 1280x1352px
>>628134
You get inside the Land speeder and take off in the direction of the mines, making hasty repairs to your bionics so you may rejoin the fight. You arrive at the mine and get the feeling that something is wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to Call it there for today folks, I will be running again Tuesday 6pm PST

Tell me how you enjoyed the thread and stuff, I'll be hanging around for a bit
>>
>>628187
I'd suggest getting a twitter as well OP if you plan on running this as a long term quest. Also, what type of support do we have on the craft we arrived on?
>>
>>628187
Godspeed QM. I fucking love Deatwatch and 40k in general.
More than that, i love how this is more action oriented, although, thats the reason for the low participation .

I dont know shit, I´m always drunk.

>Twitter
>>
>>628191
The Corvette you arrived on has a single lance Battery and can provide some orbital assistance. as for the Equipment provided in case of any unforeseen foes, their is an Astartes armory on board the Ship with a variety of flamers, Meltas, Plasma Guns, Storm Bolters, and a single Grav Gun aboard. these can be delivered by the singular Thunder hawk in the Ships hangar
>>
>>628187
And While I'm at it https://twitter.com/DeathWatchQM
I will try my hardest to tweet out when a Thread Starts
>>
File: 1339312991852.jpg (79KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1339312991852.jpg
79KB, 500x707px
>>628232

Don´t worry too much about twitter, and always remember that there are way more people lurking.

Keep a good pace and more people will play. Also in /qst/ people like more interaction between the protagonist and the npc.
>>
>>628214
Might be useful to get a flame weapon next time, or ship one down for this coming op, while returning our broken kit back up. Thanks for the run by the way.
>>
File: Death Watch Commander.jpg (79KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
Death Watch Commander.jpg
79KB, 600x777px
>>628187

>Death Watch Quest Part 2
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/DeathWatchQM
>Rolls are 1d100 lower is better, You can crit if you roll 10 or under, but you can not crit fail.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are Velulz, Iron Father of the Iron Hands, Seconded to the Death-Watch. You arrived on Astar with little information about the situation beyond that certain officials and Social Leaders had gone missing and returned unharmed shortly after.

With the Aid of your Brothers, Your Kill team was able to discern the cause of the Abductions as the work of a Genestealer Cult. Heading to the church of one of the abductees, the Kill team Faced down a Purebreed Genestealer and the cultist accompanying it, finding an Ancient Power Sword and a path to the sewers that run around the Outer-Hive.

Following the claw marks along the sewer walls, You and your Brothers were Ambushed by waves of half-breed abominations, along with several Pure Breeds. The ambush was broken by the Appearance of the Patriarch - Referred to as the Blood Lord in older Imperial Records - and its death by your hands.

Now you stand alongside Three of your Brothers,Cassiel having been wounded beyond his ability to fight, and you can’t help but feel something is wrong as you gaze upon the opening of the mine. There are no Arbites or Storm Troopers in sight, even though you told him to station the Troopers around the abduction area’s and the exits of the sewers.

Mellor is the first to air his grievance “Velulz, the governor was told to station Men at all the supposed abduction areas, Correct?”

You nod Solemnly “I can think of only two reasons for this lack of men, The Governor believes the threat is dealt with and has withdrawn them, or the Cult has taken the Arbites for their bodies and equipment, Arbite gear might allow them to survive some of our munitions better then the robes they clad in at the church.”

> is there anything you would like to do before you descend into the mines, ie. Call for any Weapons From the ship’s Armory, recite any Prayers, speak with any of your brothers?
>>
>>633150
Get our hands on a flame weapon.
>>
>>633150
Call the ships to put the planet under quarantine. Nothing in or out.
>>
File: thunderhawk.jpg (8KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
thunderhawk.jpg
8KB, 288x175px
>>633198
>>633313
Sending a Vox call to the Armory crew on board the Corvette,You inform them to put the Port under quarantine, and ask them to prepare a Flamer and additional Fuel tanks, along with asking them to retrieve Cassiel so he may be fitted with a bionic aboard the ship.

Not Long after your vox call you hear the tell tale sound of a thunder-hawk boom through the atmosphere towards your position. Breaking slowly, the Thunder hawk lands on a flatter section of rock, servitors rolling out of the ramp with an Armory case. Taking the Flamer from the Servitor, You replace it with with your bolter. The servitor bows slightly before returning to the inside of the thunder hawk followed close behind by the Deathwatch Co-Pilot Helping Cassiel to one of the Seats inside the Mighty Gunship.

Your equipment suitably modified, you and your brothers exchange silent Nods before you approach the maw of the mine. You notice the lift that would have taken you down to the bottom of the mine is curiously absent, no doubt a plot by the Hybrid to delay you. If they thought it would work, they are sorely mistaken, as you simple grip two of the wires on the corners of the lift, and slide down the vertical shaft.

>Give me a 1d100 Roll
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>633333
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>633333
sup Aramus.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>633333
The magus is unaccounted for. Beware of psykic powers.
>>
File: GenestealerCultArt.jpg (72KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
GenestealerCultArt.jpg
72KB, 480x640px
>>633346

As you slide down, your Auspex scans the ground picking out patterns of rock and Dirt when it notices a discrepancy near one of the tunnel entrances, the severed armored limb of one of the arbites meant to stay on the surface. Your suspicions confirmed, you make note of it to your brothers.

20 feet from the ground you let go of the wires, your power armor absorbing the impact as you tuck into a roll. Your brothers follow suit, Cerren Is the last to drop, pulling his combat knife from its sheathe as he stands. You carefully follow the blood trail into the tunnel where you discover the mangled bodies of the arbites have been pressed into a room to the side of the tunnel, their corpses stripped of armor and weapon.

You steel yourself and continue on, entering into a Chamber where even a space marine seems small, when you spot a hybrid standing on a balcony above you.

“Welcome, Honored Guests! How we have heard about you from our Brethren.” Calls the Hybrid Magos, the Collar of his robe forming a crest behind his head. “ unfortunately, I will not get to speak to you long. You see my brothers have become very Distraught since the death of the Grand One, So in order to restore Order to their Bloodlust, you must die. Good Bye, Space Marines” The Magos lets out a Laugh as the gates under him open, spewing forth a dozen arbite armored hybrid.

>roll 4d100
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>633333
Nice Quads
>>
Rolled 49, 4, 34, 70 = 157 (4d100)

>>633459
>>
Rolled 1, 52, 79, 16 = 148 (4d100)

>>633459

>You´re a traitor to the Omnissiah!
>>
Rolled 18, 26, 10, 45 = 99 (4d100)

>>633459
I FORGOT. i'm here now.
>>
>>633777

It´s okay.
All is forgiven when you bring that roll
>>
Rolled 74, 58, 52, 56 = 240 (4d100)

>>633459
Did u need another roll?
>>
>>633777
Praise be brother
>>
Looking forward to Marine interaction back at the fortress

Pissy Ultramarine second-in-commands are always good for a laugh
>>
File: Iron_Father_lead_battle.jpg (177KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Father_lead_battle.jpg
177KB, 766x1024px
>>634546
We need to somehow build a flamer into our arm. Upgrade like fuck and become the Terror of Mars.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.