[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inquisition quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 1

A bit of a misnomer, as you are not the inquisition. You are, however, under there command. Be you scum (IG), tithe (also IG), a xeno who embraced the emperor (ordos xenos), or a human heretic who's willing to serve anyways (ordos hereticus), you all managed to wind up as a tool for bullshit.

>all I need is a name and a short discription of each character, nothing fancy, just need an idea of what you should be capable of. I start at 2.
>>
>>609393
Gallia Houlvian, licensed soothe sayer with the best training in the physic disciplines his family's wealth and extensive contacts within the AAT could buy. He is an accomplished fencer with his mono sabre and also has a well made las pistol for ranged combat and a mono wip called "Kiss" that he received from one of his instructors with whom he had a close relationship. He is unfailingly polite if sometimes snide and sexually promiscuous but honest. When in doubt go oscar wilde?
>>
>>609411
Highborn gentleman who says soothe. Would you be so kind as to place your name in the provided field for the ease of access of myself and others?
>>
>>609417
Oh, and for future reference "soothe" is to calm "sooth" translates to truth. In case making calming voice *isn't* your power.
>>
With pleasure dear quest keeper, might I enquirer as to which of The Emperors blessed time zones you keep residences in for we have reached the designated hour in Britannia.
>>
>>609425
Central.
>>
>>609425
Oh! Ha! I meant 2 players, not 2 pm, jeeze. But I suppose if it were to reach such an hour here, I would start the game regardless.
>>
>a xeno
>being in the ordos xenos

>a heretic
>Being in the ordos hereticus

You dont know very much about 40k do you?
>>
>>609447
Eh, does it really matter if I'm going with "they use x" instead of "they hunt x" I'm trying to give you an opportunity here.
>>
>>609447
Stop complaining and build me a partner.
>>
>>609447
I see where you're coming, and I don't entirely agree, but it doesn't bother me enough to continue shitting up your thread. Good luck with your quest
>>
>>609454
Aww, I was looking forward to your shit posts.
>>
I have to walk a dog, back in less than an hour.
>>
>>609393
Scum from a hive world. Bit of a knife, axe, and bayonet nut. Not much for swords though. Secretly a heretic. Has a great appreciation for his job. He did alright with the firearms course, not so much with the Vehicles course.
>>
Spesh marine from deathwatch pls
>>
Back.
>>609514
Come on Anon, name chapter and specialty at least.
>>
>>609489
>>609511
Now for your rapid mission brief, courtesy of Inquisitor Hersey "Tzeench done fucked up! We'll set you down on the agri-world where the cult got themselves noticed, name of Gorvan VIII. For the Imperium!" And with no ado whatsoever, you are each handed a 'chute and shoved out the door.
>>609554
Yeah anon.
>>
>>609559
Sorry I have to go run a PnP game, if I can I'll check in on my phone but I might miss this.
>>
>>609559
Use chute.
>>
>>609775
Well, obviously. But some of you might enjoy the near hour of available free fall.
>>
>>609947
Atempt to sense the lay of the warp and determine anything I can.
>>
>>609947
Start sing some nonsense to annoy my jump partners. Preferably needlessly sexual songs from the stupid ages.
>>
>>610169
Hiring a prostitute is like parlaying with orks, an admission of defeat or the sign of an absurd plan.
>>
>>610335
"RESPECT! THE! CLASSICS! MAN!"

*Continues singing bad RnB during freefall.*
>>
>>610370
Turn down microbead and return to work.
>>
>>610448
Not much, a spike of activity to the south, much like sorcery.
>>610370
You will reach ground in about 30 more minutes, easily a full 2 hours before twitchy back there.
>>
>>610487
Head towards the sorcery spike but not to close.
>>
>>610487
Pull chute. Say xenophobic shit.
>>
>>610559
No problem.
>>610600
You make land fall, the pcycher is shifting course towards the south.
>>
>>610627
Catch up with him. Set up radio contact, start swearing coordinates like a mother fucker.
>>
>>610627
Run out of witty songs to pass the time and start looking for a good landing spot.
>>
>>610693
There's a warehouse that aught to make a good base of operations.
>>
>>610819
Watch it for a while to make sure it's not occupied, move in if it looks safe.
>>
>>610875
No activity. It stores mechanical parts and looks like the most recent activity was easily 2 standard months ago.
Sorry for my absence today, and good night.
>>
>>612077
Good heretical morning inquisitors. You wake to dusty mechanisms and a light mist fading away in the morning sun.
>>
>>613739
So, recon?
>>
>>610654
Nigga, you too.
>>
>>613750
Allright, just a little further to the south, you see the area you sensed the sorcery from, a small community gathered.
>>
>>613895 Alright asshole, I'm up, what do I see?
>>
>>613942
It's a small farming community.
>>
>>613964
Ok, guess I'm going to look around and talk to a few locals.

(Busy day so far.)
>>
>>614131
What do you ask them? They seem wary of strangers.
>>
>>614144
"Is there a bar, pub or tavern around? Looking for a drink."

Fun fact, people talk about things when they're drunk.
>>
>>614172
One individual stops, "The Severed Kroot is just over there, but unless you like drinking alone I'd wait till late afternoon at least."
>>
>>614230
Until then I'm going to lie low near the bar. When it opens I'm gonna get a seat in the corner and listen in on the days conversations.
>>
>>614256
It's mostly just noise, talk of a knarlok peaks your interest, until you hear that was over a decade ago. Finally someone says something worth noting "-strange girl. Always playing in the old winery-" that's all you get before they are distracted by their meal.
>>
>>614383
Time to look for a town map.
>>
>>614551
It's a very small town, barely more than a village, the winery in question is easily found.
>>
>>614608
Hide within and observe.
>>
>>614626
Soon, a small group of men in blue robes walk past, they use their foul sorcery to shift boxes out of their way. One of them speaks, "Sara is running late tonight, it had better not be that boy again." "She can do as she likes, the ritual isn't until tomorrow and we're all but finished with preparations." "Still, her absence makes me uneasy, anyone could be watching and we'd never know."
>>
>>614641
Stay silent till they leave. What equipment was Jokly given before the jump? Any explosives?
>>
>>614790
>not asking earlier
Hahhahahahah! A las-pistol and a vibro-knife.
>>
>>614806
Yeah wait till they leave. Then investigate the area.
>>
>>614806
Do we still have equipment we listed in character creation or was that taken off us for some reason?
>>
>>614876
Nah, you have the equipment you stated to possess, the scum made the mistake of not professing to own anything, so he was supplied the bare minimum.
>>
>>614917
Womp womp. What do I see, what does the other guy see and do?
>>
>>614933
What do we have in way of local currency?
>>
>>614933
It's a lot of chemical equipment. Most recently used for some kind of crystal. otherwise it's just normal winery stuff.
>>614960
You have roughly 30 credits.
>>
>>614967
Chemicals eh. Do I have to roll to identify?
>>
>>614973
As in is it explosive, corrosive, inert? Or do I know how to render it useless?
>>
>>614967
Can I examine any of the crystal without risking being seen? If so do I think it's some kind of amplifier for warp powers?
>>
>>614984
Inert. Some form of salt. You'd have to roll to know more.
>>
>>615004
For lord slaanesh please tell me more!

What die do you want rolled?
>>
>>615027
>>
>>615036
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>615036
Also trying.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>615036
>>
>>615060
Sodium cyanide. Powdered murder.
>>
>>615100
Tell Jokly if he doesn't already know. Try and preform a reading to learn what it's intended use is.
>>
>>615129
Give me a roll hairwych.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>615141
>>
>>615141
Tell my partner thanks. Then we need to find this Sara girl. Any ideas?
>>
>>615261
Given that the cultist feared "anyone could be watching and we'd never know." when she wasn't around I believe scrying for her would be a mistake. As she and the cult will at some point meet up I suggest we be ready to intercept her when we have an opening, I would prefer not to kill her until we know more but given that they need her tomorrow the idea deserves consideration.
>>
>>609393
Wait... so is this similar in style to tg's "Inquisitorial Penal regiment"? Because it sure feels like it
>>
>>615246
All you can tell is that it's meant for some forms of daemon.
>>615348
I haven't the slightest clue what you are on about, but you are free to join at any time.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>615319
Well, I'm going to look around for anything I can use to set up traps, maybe find a stash of weapons hidden if I'm lucky.
>>
>>615371
Inqusitorial Penal regiment is a roleplay thread on "traditional gaming". Started out as wacky adventures in 40k, before going onto become serious shits.

We do the threads everyone Monday, and quite often Tuesday.
The characters in out threads are quite an odd bunch. We've had Xeno infiltrators (Eldar, orks, Tau Gue'vesa, ect), daemon commissars, squats, space Marines, ect, ect ect.
Links below are to the main wiki, and to all know archived threads, respectively.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_/tg/#Characters

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Penal%20Regiment/

And to answer your question I'd love to join, if a Tempestus scion is fine I'll go with that
>>
>>615371
Let's work on getting Sara, hope to intercept her before she reaches the rest of the cult.
>>
>>615404
We'll need your name, some background information and for the love of the throne include some equipment.
>>
>>615433
Background: Tempestus Scion (Stormtrooper).

Equipment, standard Scion gear: Hotshot lasgun (Hell gun), Carapace armor, Frag grenades.
>>
>>615401
You find a liter of prometheum and a low power flamer.
>>615404
That is fine, but give me details.
>>615410
Almost as soon as you share this plan, you here a voice from behind you, clearly belonging to a young girl. "I was going to have the bloodthirster kill them, but I suppose you will do the job just fine."
>>
>>615474
That's probably for the best, why do you have access to a bloodthirster and do they know that was what was going to be summoned?
>>
>>615474
Well nice to meet you too, Sara I presume?
>>
>>615503
"Indeed"
>>615501
"They want me because I am a powerful witch, yes, they wanted a bloodthirster, and 30 other daemons. They had the idea that they could take this world. Silly boys, all of them."
>>
>>615526
Ok do I know enough about the warp to know that bloodthirsters are not aligned with Tzeench and hate sorcery? I am Adeptus Astal Telathica trained.
>>
>>615565
Absolutely.
>>
>>615526
Yes, quite the horrid little piles of secrets arnt they? Now if they want you to give them demons what do 'you' want? And that would be assides from continued research and blasphemy with that group out of the way.
>>
>>615575
Ask "why do they want a Bloodthirster? Surely there are other demons more appropriate for sorcerers? Also would you be interested in serving the God Emperor?
>>
>>615629
Duh, they want the bloodthirster and 30 other demons so that they can take over the area. She is supposed to be their pawn, although the Tzeench angle has me worried.
>>
>>615652
>>615629
>>615612
*giggles* They haven't the slightest idea what they are doing. As for myself, I want them gone, I could care less about anything else...Jestre sent you, did he? An odd way of working he has, tell you what, as a favor for him, I'll help you out. You should prolly ask him for some more fire power though.
>>
>>615468
This is where you come in, dropped to help murder some chaos.
>>
>>615891
*Smile* sure. *When I'm alone, what contact options do I have with my chaos god, Slaanesh. Gotta know her plans if Tzeench is involved.*
>>
>>615891
Does Jestre match any name or call sign out inquisitor gave us?
>>
>>616653
Well, as a non-pcyker cultist, you pretty much need a pcyker to make any contact with the warp,
>>617791
You personally know it to be Inquisitor Hersey's first name.
Sorry about that, have to sleep at some time.
>>
>>617998
Ask about her relationship with the inquisitor.
>>
>>617998
>Well, as a non-pcyker cultist, you pretty much need a pcyker to make any contact with the warp,
>>614641
>Soon, a small group of men in blue robes walk past, they use their foul sorcery to shift boxes out of their way.
Please clarify.
>>
>>618002
I suppose sorcery would help as well, there's a lot of overlap. My point remains, it's not easy to communicate with a chaos god.
>>618000
"Oh, we met, briefly. It was nice."
>>
>>618033
Get details on the ritual and cult, we need numbers.
>>
>>618061
"There's about 20 of them, but their magic won't do them much good in the battle to come."
>>
>>618093
Ask about the rest of the village, are they faithful to the God Emperor or the cult?
Are we under orders to keep a low profile or can we find the local preast and raise a mob?
>>
>>618129
You are under no specific orders whatsoever. As for the locals, they all profess loyalty to the emperor, and give you strange looks for asking.
>>
>>618254
Find preast, tell him a warp cult of 20 members plans to preform some dark rite and when, ask what he knows about Sara.
>>
>>618285
While you do that I'm going to look around the priest home or office, whichever one your not at with him.
>>
>>618285
"Sara? Ah! Little girl, showed up a month ago. Why do you ask?"
>>618429
What are you looking for?
>>
>>618504
Signs of heresy, a journal, or the blue robes. If there's nothing put everything back the way it was.
>>
>>618504
The cult intends to use her in the ritual and I was hoping you could give me some background on her. The important thing is killing the bad guys, what kind of support can you arrange discreetly on our timetable?
>>
>>618546
There is nothing
>>618549
"I could probably rally the whole town in about half an hour, when the time comes. But it'll be very obvious no matter what, the PDF could be here in a week, but I suppose we don't have that long.
>>
>>618682
Thank you, I'll be in touch.
Give him the details of known cultists.
>>
Find Sara, when we are alone ask her to put me in contact with Slaanesh or one of her generals. As a witch she can do that right?
>>
>>618977
"Slaanesh is displeased with you, your life has been dull, no further details."

I won't be in till tomorrow evening, so, see you then I guess.
>>
>>622363
See ya. And cause I might not be here till later in the day either here's my requisition.

Shotgun trenchgun style with a bayonet, frag and Krak grenades, a pair of power axes, and three magazine's of shotgun ammo in Amputator, flachette, and standard. And finally, a mixtape filled with old era rap songs about the female ass and shooting homies.

Put it one my account.
>>
>>623678
Good day, I passed out upon my return, and only now awakened. And I was really tired when I said slaanesh was mad, you had skydived just the previous afternoon. That said, slaanesh doesn't plot, so, still nothing.
>>
>>628694
Here and ready, what's the situation?
>>
>>628716
If I remember rightly, you were preparing for killing a bunch of Tzeench cultists.
>>
>>628723
I atempt to preform a reading to learn what might go wrong or well in the battle to come, gather the party and try to get more information out of Sara about her time working with the Inquisitor.
In that order.
>>
>>628737
You will need to roll for the reading, the party (yourself, and Jokly) are gathered, Sara only says that she worked with mr. Hersey, ages ago.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>628760
>>
>>628776
Dark forces conspire to hamper my reading.
>>
>>628776
Something, powerful, prevents the use of magic, that, at least, makes it's way through the veil of your own incompetence.
>>
I'd call what's his name with my requisition and supply drop coordinates. Hopefully it will arrive.
>>
>>628786
Ask Sara if she could identify all the cult members. We might not need to wait till tonight.
>>
>>628913
"Those loosers spend all their time down there."
>>
>>629073
Down where? If we round up all the villagers could we trap them in place and kill them?
>>
>>629109
"In the winery, and wasn't that the plan already?"
>>
>>629073
"I'll get my gear, head back here, set up a grenade bouquet trap."

And he sings the whole way.
>>
>>629309
I'll get an army, I trust you know how to do infiltrate and breaking in stuff? It was not part of my education.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.