[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveller Creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 1

File: Traveller.jpg (38KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
Traveller.jpg
38KB, 480x250px
Hi Everybody! I was thinking of doing a Traveller (Mongoose Edition) Character Creation, and Hopefully play him in a Quest afterward, in a homebrew setting (still Science-Fiction obviously).

So, i'll need 6 2d6 Roll, which will be assigned in the order they are rolled to the Characteristic of our Protagonist(so 1st is Strength, 2nd is Dexterity, etc...) I'll come up with a background from those Characteristic. and from there we'll Pick his first career!
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

>>
Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

i'll Make a roll do speed things up
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d6)

>>
Rolled 3, 6 = 9 (2d6)

>>607999
Couldn't you have done the dice rolling on your own? Starting off with char gen is less interesting than getting right into the quest. I guess I'll play along for now.
>>
Rolled 2, 5 = 7 (2d6)

>>
Rolled 5, 3 = 8 (2d6)

>>
>>608050
I could, but the creation is so tedious, thought i could make it more fun for me by talking at the same time ^^

Ok, We got our UPP:
Str:8
Dex:9
End:8
Int:9
Edu:7
Soc:8

No Negative Modifier, but nothing exceptional either. Well, i guess that leave us a fairly blank space to write on.
>>
>>608065
I move that we join the navy, it has some good Mustering Out Benefits and if we can max out Officer auto Soc 12.
>>
>>608065

Our Protagonist is named Varaaj Ogrem, but his friend call him Rage. He grew up in his home world of Caskfell-4, an Metropolis World, covered in industry and high density habitation, life was quite monotone there. Both of his parent are factory workers, and while not overly ambitious he didn't plan to follow his parents footstep.He worked hard to enter his current carrier, hopefully seeing more of the galaxy than his ancestors.

Rage gain the skill Trade and Streetwise at rank 0, he can have one more from the following list:

Admin 0, Advocate 0, Art 0, Carouse 0, Comms 0, Computer 0, Drive
0, Engineer 0, Language 0, Medic 0, Physical Science 0, Life Science
0, Social Science 0, Space Science 0

Your pick?
>>
>>608090
>Engineer
>>
>>608090
>Engineer
>>
>>608095
>>608106
Engineer 0 it is.

Now on to his first career. I got pretty much every book so i got a long ass list of career so for simplicity sake, i'll first list the career from the core-book, if the one you pick has more developed career i'll say it. (i.e i'll say "navy" but in reality i got 8 career that feet in this "navy"):

Agent
Army
Citizen
Drifter
Entertainer
Marines
Merchant
Navy
Rogue
Scholar
Scout

i'll wait about 15 minute before closure of the vote
>>
>>608120
Rogue
>>
>>608120
>Navy
>>
>>608120
>Navy
>>
>>608120
>Navy
>>
>>608132
>>608133
>>608135
Let's go for navy then, as said earlier i got quite a list of career for the navy(not including their speciality):

Crewman
Support
Engineering
Gunnery
Flight
Pilot
Command
Naval Intelligence
Naval Engineering

A few think to consider tho, every career other than crewman would be hard to join from the get go, but they can be still be joined after a few term in another Navy career(Crewman being the most easy choice)
>>
>>608162
>Flight
Fighter pilot ace anyone?
>>
>>608170
nOPe what is the difference between Flight and Pilot? I have the core open in front of me and Flight looks like it is Pilot.
>>
>>608182
i'm using Book 2 High Guard btw

Flight Specialty:
-Astrogation
-Sensor
-Helm(Big Ship Pilot)

Pilot Specialty:
-Fighter Pilot
-Shuttle Pilot
-Special Operation

so Flight: Big Ship, Pilot: "Small" Ship

i think you look for Pilot here
>>
>>608187
Yeah what I'm actually looking to do is get us a quick advancement roll into officer but I liked the idea of being a space ace so I'll take pilot if the Survival/Advancement rolls won't screw us over.
>>
>>608202
i think the safest route to pilot would be to do 1 term as a crewman, and then switch to pilot without having to do any qualification roll (except for crewman of course), as going straight to pilot would require a Dex 9+ roll. while Crewman of the Imperial Navy (the hardest) is an Int 7+ Roll.
>>
>>608223
Ok, I've never done Character Creatio in traveller before so I'm not 100% on what we're going to need to roll. If everyone's ok with it crew sounds good.
>>
>>608260
I'm fine with whatever. Let's just get the char gen over with.
>>
>>608260
Just fyi, roll on traveller are 2d6+Modificator over the difficulty (so for 9+, 9 or more is success, 8 or less is failure)

Anyway let's make some progress

We'll go for the Imperial Navy as a Crewman for the first term.
the roll to enter is Int 7+, i'll make the roll to speed things up.
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d6)

>>608308
>>
Rolled 6, 6 + 1 = 13 (2d6 + 1)

>>
>>608314
We breezed through the enrolment form.
>>
>>608313
>>608314
Well, you didn't have to make that roll, but it's a success either way.

After a long written exam our protagonist manage to be accepted in the rank of the Imperial Navy, the most distinguished of all, but only as a Spacehand Recruit for now.

Subsequently he is trained for 6 month on the basic knowledge he'll need.

Rage gain:
Vacuum Suit 0
Zero-G 0
Discipline 0
Mechanic 0
Gun Combat 0
Pilot 0

I'll also need someone to make a 1d6 roll
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>608347
>>
>>608365
Fuck
>>
>>608365
For once it might be the best to make a 1

Rage upgrade Pilot from 0 to 1

Roll 2d6 pls
>>
Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

>>608378
>>
Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d6)

>>608378
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>608383
>>608385
Well, the first roll called for a second one, so perfect!
but i have to make a last roll
>>
>>608393
erf... how to put it... direct citation from the book(we rolled for an Event, here's the outcome):
One of your crewmates is a secret telepath, who offers to train you in psionics. You may test your Psionic
Strength Potential and, if strong enough, take the Psionist career next term.

do we accept his offer and try to see if we have any Psionic Potential? or do we back out?
>>
>>608405
Yeah!
>>
>>608405
Are there any negative consequences to being a psionic? Will we be punished or persecuted for having this ability?
>>
>>608409

Yes...

We will be the greatest psyker in the galaxy!
>>
>>608411
to put it bluntly, Psionics Power have no legal existence.
It's too recent of a discovery to be formally dealt with by the Imperial Law, and most people have never seen any. the biggest chunk of the Psionic activity are undercover.
>>
>>608432
So it might be worth going into Naval Intelligenc?
>>
>>608432
In that case, I think it's worth the risk to receive the training.
>>
Ok, i think pretty much everybody is up to go the Psion path, but we'll have to first see if we have a strong enough potential.

i need a roll: 2d6-1
>>
Rolled 5, 4 + 1 = 10 (2d6 + 1)

>>608460

Rolling...
>>
Rolled 1, 4 + 1 = 6 (2d6 + 1)

>>608460
>>
>>608467

Sorry...

That should be an eight...
>>
>>608469
I swear I put in a - sign. Oh well >>608467 got us an 8 at least.
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d6)

>>608467
indeed, Psi : 8; not bad at all.

Ok Everybody, we got a Decent Psi Potential , so a Psion career is doable, but the commitment needed to learn from scratch would mean leaving the Imperial Navy, and probably never going back in it.

So i'll let you decide while i complete this term
>>
Rolled 1, 1 + 1 = 3 (2d1 + 1)

>>608482

> I swear I put in a - sign

I am also murderously certain that I input a negative modifier...

Hang on, let me test something...
>>
>>608482

>Secret agent or imperial officer?

Secret agent please...

>>608513

For some reason it changes the negative modifier to a positive one...
>>
>>608503
Could we seek training after we leave the navy? If we risk losing our shot at physic powers I'm fine with abandoning my plan to max out officer and jumping to noble, physic is a once in a lifetime chance.
>>
>>608548
We loose 1 Psi per Term without using them, so let's say we go back to learn Psionic Power in 3 Terms (each terms is 4 year btw) we'll only have 5 Psi. so i guess either Going for Psi now, or never.
>>
>>608580
Now.
>>
Ok if I'm reading my book right (about a 50/50 chance) our roll to stay in the class is 1 better as an Adept but our advancement roll is 3 better as a Psi-Warrior. nOPe will no doubt explain better and tell us of the non core options when he can.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>608637
you got that right, the Two Speciality appropriate for us are: Adept and Psi-Warrior, there is indeed a supplement for the Psi, but the career inside aren't interesting for us(but advanced power are described for later)

since nobody is opposing the switch to Psion, we'll go for it.
>>
>>608662
After 4 years in the Imperial Navy, Rage leave it to dedicate himself to the study of his newfound Psionic Power, with a bit of cash in his pocket from his previous service, he spend some time with his mentor, then go on alone.
But he hesitate, should he train his power to supplement his Combat ability, or should he simply study them for themselves as a scholar?
(i.e Psi-Warrior or Adept)

since were here btw this will be the last term (i know its only a total of two, but i think beginning the Quest at this point will be the most fun)
>>
>>608682
>Psi-Warrior
>>
>>606682\

>Psi-Warrior
>>
If you felt up to it you could present these choices with a bit of flavour text. It's almost like running the quest with tight rails.
>>
>>608705
i'm confused here, are criticizing my writing skill, the fact that i presented the two choice with flavor text, or that i didn't to it earlier?
>>
>>608705

You can't expect us to go full RP right of the bat OP...

Gotta ease us into this, take us on a couple dates first or something...
>>
>>608723
Ohhh, i think i know were the mishap happened, the quest isn't started yet, i'll start another thread once the Character is done, i was just informing that no more term would be done, so we are in the last lap so to speak
>>
>>608733

Okay...

By the way, that comment you are referencing was based on me being retarded and thinking that the other guy was you...

I mistakenly thought you were asking the players to make their responses more detailed or something...
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

Anyway: Psi-Warrior
We get to choose between 3 power as our first, well Power ^^ :
Telepathy(Include sending and reading thought)
Teleportation
Awareness (Control of one own body, regeneration, strength, armor etc...)

choose one, it doesnt mean well only have one, it's simply that worst case scenario we have at least a basic training in one of them.
>>
>>608719
No I meant that if you wanted Character Creation to last longer but also wanted to get to the fun of role playing you could add some game play even if it's only fluffy stuff.
I need sleep and can't use words at the moment, sorry.
>>
>>608754

Before I choose I just want to confirm:

Psykers are used primarily for espionage and covert ops in this setting, right?
>>
>>608754
>Teleportation
>>
>>608764
Psion are rare, Psion who are used by Organisation are even rarer, but the few who are , are indeed used in coverts ops, but if we stay "independent" so to speak, we won't HAVE to be.
>>
>>608775
>>608754

>Telepathy

Do we roll a d2 to see which power we get?
>>
Before you settle on a roll, i made a roll on my side, we also get Telekinesis for free. if anybody want to change their vote
>>
>>608793

I'm okay with rolling for it...
>>
I'm going to sleep so if ignoring my vote helps then do so.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>608812
>>608802
Nah, i'll do a roll
1=Teleportation
2=Telepathy
>>
>>608817
Teleportation then

need one 2d6 roll now
>>
Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

>>608823

Rolling...
>>
>>608834
Ok, we're done!
i'm putting everything on a character sheet, and i'll start the other thread, but later, i'm going to bed now.

See ya tomorrow!
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.