[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alone in Prehistory Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 1

File: riverlook.jpg (271KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
riverlook.jpg
271KB, 1024x768px
>Simple quest for fun, open ended and not too serious

In a time before recorded history and such notions as civilization and agriculture, you lived with your tribe as hunters, and gatherers. Only just a few hours ago however, while out foraging you were beset upon by wolves. In attempting to flee, you fell into a river and were washed away. Tumbling down a waterfall and only barely surviving by clinging to a chunk of a tree you pulled with you, struggling against the rapids and currents you finally managed to drift ashore. Mustering your resolve, you struggle to reach your feet amid the shallows, and tread across the rocky shore to sit and take a much-needed rest.

You are cold and wet, and looking around you have no idea where your tribe are or even what direction they would be in, only that they would be very far away by now. All you have on you are your clothes (partially torn, wet), the contents of your pockets (some wet foraged food, some wet feathers and dead bugs), and anything you can find.

>What now?
>>
Follow the river downstream in search for another tribe or other type of civilization.

I have dishonored my original tribesmen by being too much of a pussy to take care some bitch ass dogs.

Impregnate any stray females I find, by force if needed.
>>
Search for a pointy stick or big rock. This land is dangerous.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>600238
I suppose it's worth figuring out such a basic aspect of your own identity.

>Rolling
>>
>>600253
Well shit, looks like you're a chick with the lower roll.

>>600245
You find a washed up branch of fair length, not too large or too heavy for you to use. You also find a big rock, though carrying it will take both hands at all times.

>>600238
You continue down the river looking for signs of civilization. After wandering along the shore for some time, you notice a deer which hasn't clocked you due to the sound of the river masking your approach.

>Now what?
>>
>>600260
toss my rock at the deer's head as fuck hard as possible while avoiding the antlers
>>
>>600260
Gather berries.
>>
>>600266
Making your approach as best you can, eventually to draw too near to where the deer notices you. By then however you've already wound back to throw the rock. The hit takes it down as you run up to it. It's a young male, new antlers, and you're surprised to find it's not dead. Still breathing, it must be unconscious, and you have the idea to fuck it, but in its current state you can't seem to get its member ready for something like that.

While trying to get this unconscious deer hard, you hear the unmistakable sound of a bear roar, and look behind you in a panic. Lucky you it seems, the bear is on the other side of the river and hasn't seen you, it's just trying to scare a wolf off.

>Now what?
>>
>>600273
In the meantime while trying to figure out what to do with this deer, you look around and gather some berries. Something you're actually good at.
>>
>Carry the deer carcass to the shelter of trees
>Make rock into knife
>Butcher deer with rocknife
>>
>>600466
You can't carry the deer on your own but you can kill it it anyway, which you do. You know have two handfuls of berries, and a dead young buck.

>What now?
>>
Get to the nearest tree and break off a branch. Also take a rock and sharpen the stick. Then wonder into the forest to find some food.
>>
>>600494
You find a suitable tree and break off a branch, using the sharp rock to sharpen the stick. After that you go wandering about in the woods for more food. You come across the occasional plant or undergrowth you can forage from, but most animals flee at your approach. After a good while of getting lost though, you do find a trail you think. You're not a tracker but something definitely passes by here often.

>Now what?
>>
>>600501
Look for footprints on the trail.
>>
>>600503
Your tracking skills are poor since you're a forager, but you can follow the trail without a problem. Traipsing along it for some time, you duck down quick when you come around some trees and see a small camp not much farther away.

To your eyes it's just one hut and a fire, though it's too far to make out any people.
>>
>>600511
Pick up some flowers, leave the spear on the ground and proceed to the camp.
>>
>>600515
You find and gather some flowers, leave the spear and approach the camp. You currently find the place empty surprisingly, but the hut has some bedding and baskets, while other bits are gathered around a central fire. Things like bones, some small bits of meat cooking, a little clay.

>Now what?
>>
>>600523
Take a big bone and sharpen it, eat some meat, put the rest in a small basket and use the smaller bones to make a necklace. Also pierce two holes for eyes on one basket and put it over my head.
>>
>>600532
You pick up one of the bones and set about sharpening it, taking a break every so often to eat some of the cooking meat. Bleh, fish, you don't like fish that much.

After the sharpened bone, you make a little necklace of bones with some plant matter to string them together, and then you put the various other items strewn about in a small basket. Lastly with the sharp bone you puncture a larger basket in two places and empty the contents so you can wear it on your head.

You must look quite spooky, because after sitting there for awhile you hear a scream and look around. It's hard to see out of the basket properly, but you can sort of make out a woman not to far away. It looks like she dropped a basket of her own and is yelling things at you, before she starts picking up sticks and bits of dirt and stones to throw at you.

>Now what?
>>
>>600547
Start slowly preaching some woodo shit and pointing the sharpend bone to the sky with one hand while pointing at my dick with the other.
>>
>>600557
You ain't got no dick, but you start practicing spooky magic sorcery shit you saw a shaman do once. You don't expect it to really do anything, but you get up, slow dance around the fire, chant some words and gesture strongly.

The woman seems confused at first, but when she starts to get an idea of what you're doing she starts shouting again but picks up her basket and backs away rather than pelting you with debris. She moves back about a hundred feet and watches you from the trees suspiciously.

>Now what?
>>
>>600565
Yell at her "DO NOT FEAR CHILD! KUR'AC WATCHES OVER YOU! COME CLOSER."
>>
>>600575
You yell this but you don't think she understands you and probably has some different language, if she even has one at all. You try to gesture to her to come closer but she doesn't respond.

It's not like you're one to talk, literally, you speak in unga bunga yourself.

>Now what?
>>
>>600580
I sit next to the fire and put the meat basket infront of me. I look at her and spread my arms.
>>
>>600588
Stopping your hocus pocus practice, you take a seat by the fire and set down the meat basket and spread your arms out. The problem is that with the basket on your head she can't tell that you're looking at her. She does approach closer but not as close as before.

You don't have a lot of time to think about it or change your act, since you quickly become aware of a thumping approaching and suddenly the basket is pulled off your head, and you are pulled to your feet by a man, shaking you and shouting at you. It's very scary and he's a lot stronger than you. Between shaking you he searches for anything you've got hidden in your clothes, probably trying to retrieve anything you might have stolen.

>Now what?
>>
>>600592
Remain as calm as possible. Also keep the bone spear close to me.
>>
>>600600
Well it's not really a bone spear just a sharp piece of bone, more like a bone knife. It's right on the ground next to you though.

After getting shaken around some and thrown on the floor, the woman approaches and talks with the man. A lot of gesturing takes place between them so you were right in guessing they similarly don't have a complex language. You try to remain calm the whole time, but eventually the guy approaches again and drags you away from the camp, then pushes you indicating for you to leave.

>Now what?
>>
>>600607
Take my bone knife, make a low bow to the man and woman and leave.
>>
>>600610
You didn't have a chance to get it when he dragged you out, but you still have your sharp rock. You bow to the both of them and leave, back the way you came.

>Now what?

It will be nighttime in about two hours.
>>
>>600614
Look for light but strong sticks to turn into spears (at least 5). Head back to the river and try to light a small fire.
>>
>>600626
You search around for sticks for spears and find a good few, then return to the riverside to light a fire. Unfortunately you're not any good at firemaking and fail to start a blaze. You've got about another hour of fading light left.

>Now what?
>>
>>600637
Gather up some throwing stones for selfdefence and start sharpening them for extra damage.
>>
>>600650
You gather a bunch of stones in case you need them to defend yourself, and sharpen them with the remaining light you have left.

Night falls and you have no fire and no place to sleep. How will you spend the night?

>Now what?

I too am going to sleep now, if anyone is still interested or liked it so far, I'll pick it up again from here later.
>>
>>600655
Grab all my things, find a nice tree to climb (at least 2 meters off ground) and get some sleep.
>>
>>599457
I love this OP, keep it up!
>>
>>600685
Cool!

>>600670
You grab what you have and climb a tree for the night, trying to position yourself in a way so that you don't fall out of the tree in your sleep. A few times in the night you're awoken to various sounds, most distressing being some wolves who came for the dead deer and know you're up in the tree, but eventually give up trying to get to you.

As the sun creeps over the trees, you rub your eyes and stretch a little before dropping down from the branches. You're sore and stiff as hell from sleeping weirdly, but you're not dead so that counts for something.

>Now what?
>>
>>601862
Take a second to wash myself in the river so i dont smell like a dead fucking mammoth. Grab my shit and start going downriver, look for berries on the way so i can eat something.

P.S. Do i still have my basket/mask?
>>
>>602730
Making your way to the waterside, you undress and bathe in the shallows for awhile. Feeling cleaner now, you get dressed again and gather what you have before heading on farther downriver. With food on your mind, you hug the treeline searching for things to forage as you go. Luckily you manage to collect a few handfuls of berries, nuts, and mushrooms, so you're not starving anymore.

You don't have the basket mask anymore, the guy took it from you so it's probably back at their hut.

After some time of following the river, you come across a man in the shallows, using a net to catch fish.

>Now what?
>>
>>602757
Come closer to him slowly with my hands raised and try to communicate.
>>
>>602773
You approach him slowly and with your hands raised, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible. Eventually he catches sight of you which startles him, but when he sizes you up he lowers his guard.

You try to communicate with him but only gestures can act as a common ground between your unga bunga languages. He wades out of the water and drops some of his things to approach you. You're cautions but he similarly approaches with open hands, till he gets close enough and prodding you and touching your hair.

>Now what?
>>
>>602807
Give him a big hug. :3
Also point at the net and try to tell him i wanna fish with him.
>>
>>602823
Why any reason to be hostile, you figure? You wrap your hands around his as he touches your hair, and move closer to embrace him. He's caught off-guard for a moment and clearly didn't expect that, but brings his arms around you in response, holding you close and tight with one hand on your head and saying something you don't understand.

When eventually he lets you go, you gesture to the net and pick it up. It takes a little bit but he comes to understand what you want, as he continues back into the shallows with the net and invites you to join him.

>Now what?
>>
>>602846
Stab him in the back and murder him. Flay his corpse and wear his skin afterwards
>>
>>602846
Join him, but stay alert just in case...
>>
>>602865
You can try that later but right now at least he's looking right at you and expecting you to follow him, so stabbing him in the back isn't going to be possible.

>>602877
For the moment, with thoughts of killing him on your mind, you join him in the shallows after hiking up your pants. Just in case, you keep your wits about you for any danger. He goes slow in showing you how it's done though, with the net and casts it a few times, catching a couple fish. After demonstrating the process, he lets you have the net an try. You're not nearly as good as he is, but after several tries and some luck, you do manage to catch one fish. All in all it was a fun experience, with laughter involved.

Once a number of fish have been caught, he exist out of the shallows and puts all the things caught in an animal skin, and gestures you to join him as he points to the forest.

>Now what?
>>
>>602922
Go with him but still staying alert. Picking up any food close to me on the way.
>>
>>602968
You go along with him for ahwile through the woods till you come upon a little meadow clearing where a large sort of tent is set up. You see a fire easily and when you come into the camp you notice a woman with a baby at her chest grinding up some things on a rock. A short gestured conversation goes on between the man and the woman, but she seems to accept it and invites you to sit down with her.

You show some of the things you foraged along the way and she is quite pleased with it, offering you a rock as well and some plant grains to grind up. The man meanwhile messes around in the tent, having set the caught fish outside and looking for something.

>Now what?
>>
>>603016
Grind up the grains into flower , mix them with water until it turns into dough and put it on the fire to bake.
>>
>>603058
That's a bit too advanced for you, particularly since your tribe was hunter/gatherers. Still, you are able to grind up the grains, which the woman takes and mixes up with some meat and a little water into a mash, then cooks it by the fire.

The man soon joins you and you share a dinner with them, which is a nice change from having to forage. They greatly appreciate the things you found as well by sharing, the berries and nuts.

Afterward the woman hands the man the baby, and takes you by the hand to the tent to show you their living space. She offers to take your things if you don't want to carry them, and place them down for better keeping in the tent.

Otherwise you have a few more hours till sunset, the couple seem interested in conversing with you by the fire but it can only be through gestures.

>Now what?
>>
>>603096
Join them at the fire and give them my necklace as a sing of appreciation.
>>
>>603149
You join them by the fire, give them the necklace you made, and have a good time communicating with them. It's a nice evening together and a change of pace from trying to scrape by on your own, and they make you feel welcome. They even let you hold the baby, which is a wonderful experience for you.

Once it starts to get darker, they gather up the various goods laying about and take them into the tent, and invite you inside. It seems they close it when they go to sleep, for better protection from the outside, animals and such that would come for their supplies. The fire still blazes outside, just in case.

>Now what?
>>
>>603186
Say a prayer to Kur'ac next to the fire then join them and get some sleep.
>>
>>603270
You give a prayer to the beyond, then enter to the tent to sleep with them. It's not so big, but they don't mind you sleeping right beside them, and you don't mind the comfort of the bedding. A few times in the night you're awoken (as they are) by the baby, or by the man having to get up to keep the fire outside going, but overall it's a better sleep than you've had in awhile.

You wake up with the woman as the man returns from elsewhere with food for the morning, leaving it in the tent for the both of you. The woman takes care of feeding the baby, but moves to sit close to you so that the food is set between to share.

Outside you can hear the man working away at something, maybe with a tool if you had to guess, but it seems he's already eaten by now.

>Now what?
>>
>>603318
Eat just a small portion of the food, grab my spears and sharpend rocks, give a low bow to the woman to thank for the food and head outside.
>>
>>603347
You don't want to be greedy and take what you consider to be fair, before gathering your things, thanking the woman and exiting the tent.

You come across the man gathering the needed equipment to go fishing, so it's clear what he's planning on doing. He acknowledges you, but otherwise doesn't act in any way to suggest you to do something. He seems fine to go off fishing on his own if you'd rather do something else.

>Now what?
>>
>>603363
I head off into the forest to find some animals to hunt. I muster all of my hunting knowlege for this one. Really wanting to repay my debt with some fresh meat.
>>
>>603463
You're not a hunter and never have been, but while you there you do manage to kill a couple birds and eventually a squirrel by throwing rocks at them. It took many tries though. You're sitting on a fair amount meat, though if you're competing with the man and the fish he catches, you're going to lose.

>Now what?
>>
>>603511
Take the feathers and cut off the squirrels tail. Gonna make me a new necklace. Take all of the meat and head to the camp.
>>
>>603560
You return to the camp with your goods, foraging some extra stuff along the way. It's only been a few hours so you arrive around midday, and can safely assume the man is still out busy. The woman is there with the baby though and is pleased to see you and what you brought, as she takes them and stars preparing them.

You hang out with her for awhile, until you notice two strangers approaching. You know them to be human but they're wearing some sort of mask and other decorations, and brandishing weapons. They approach to a certain distance and shout, but don't yet attack. The woman shouts back and grabs a bone club, waving it at them and throwing stuff at them to get them to go away.

>Now what?
>>
>>603606
Stay close to the woman, spear in hand. I know i'm not much of a warrior but I got Kur'ac on my side.
>>
>>603636
You stick by her side, and after she lands a lucky hit on one of them they get angry and approach. They don't charge in and attack, but slowly get nearer and threatening to the point where you're a little over a spear's length separate and they're looking to take any supplies they can.

The woman is angry and clearly doesn't want this to happen, but she doesn't want to initiate an actual fight since she's got the baby in one arm. It seems they don't want to attack you if they don't have to, but are content to steal the goods.

>Now what?
>>
>>603692
Start screaming almost uncontrolably at them while jamming my spear twoards them but not hitting them.
>>
>>603744
You make a fearsome display which does a fair job of making them back off, though they still took some supplies. They leave after that though, rather than risking an attack.

The woman hugs you in thanks, and goes about checking what was taken and what's left of what. Other than that though, you've probably got a few hours still before the man returns.

>Now what?
>>
>>603779
Start making a new necklace out of bird beaks, feathers and squirrel teeth. Use the animal blood to make circular patterns on my face, arms and chest. I also pour the remaineing blood onto my hair dyeing it red. Take some rocks and make a small totem/shrine to Kur'ac near the camp to pray to.
>>
>>603854
You decorate yourself with what you have, in deference to Kur'ac whom you also make a small shrine to near the camp, after making some various assorted trinkets.

After the small raid and your efforts as a result, eventually the man returns with more caught fish and also a duck. The woman is happy to see him and seems to explain what happened. After seeing the effects of the small raid, the man gestures his thanks and hugs you deeply, probably for helping to keep the woman and baby safe while driving off the raiders.

They seem annoyed by the raid but otherwise don't dwell on it as they set about putting things in their proper places, unloading and organizing what was gathered, and preparing for dinner.

>Now what?
>>
>>603924
Join them for dinner and try to explain to them i will guard them for the night just incase the ooga bungaas come back.
>>
>>603950
You join them for dinner again and converse with them, offering to guard as best as you can gesture. The man though refuses and indicates that he will guard you.

In the same pattern as the night before, after dinner you spend awhile talking among each other, before gathering everything up and moving to the tent. As you guessed, he has you and his partner (and the baby) to sleep together in the tent while he remains outside to guard for the night. That's the plan at least, as you are encouraged to go along with.

>Now what?
>>
>>603971
Go to sleep, but keep bone knife ready in case he tries anything rapey
>>
>>604192
So you spend another night with them, and wake much in the same way, to breakfast being delivered. You didn't suffer any rapey advances, so the day will progress as normal.

Unless you had any different plans then, it seems you've found a potential life with this couple, that eventually you might even join their family. By doing so, you've fulfilled the quest goal of no longer being alone, and found both security and stability for yourself.

>So unless you have something different in mind, you completed the objective. Well done!

I think that can serve as a nice conclusion, assuming no one wanted to drastically change your course of action. A short simple quest, with a short simple goal.
>>
>>604239
I like it OP. It was quite fun. This one's for the arhives.
>>
>>604239
Pregnant cave woman quest maybe.
>>
>>605937
Thanks, I might do different iterations of it again sometime.

>>606130
Maybe, but pregnant by who one must wonder?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.