[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

16th MS Team Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 23

File: 0rTJ4eW.jpg (424KB, 850x1700px) Image search: [Google]
0rTJ4eW.jpg
424KB, 850x1700px
Welcome! This is a multiple choice, no rolls, Quest.
========================
The One Year War is a name that would come to title a conflict of devastating proportion. During this time, the Republic of Zeon declared independence from the Earth, and fought for its freedom. The details of this conflict are lost to most, as it quickly becomes a war of patriotism and backseat politics. As the war rages on, the Zeon occupation of key strategic points on Earth creates the need to counter and relieve their grasp on our home. You are called up from the Mobile Suit training grounds in Europe; one of the most prominent facilities of the EFF on Earth. You are told you are to be part of a new MS Team fighting on the Asian continent.

As you exit the high-speed transport, the heat and humidity of the jungle assault your senses. Your lungs shudder as they fill with stagnant, hot air, the last breath of air-conditioned ozone exiting your body. You squint and raise a hand to cover the glare of the sun as you step out into the camp. Jungle walls surround the FOB, camouflage netting and blankets hide buildings from the sky and create much needed shelters out of the sun. Stepping out onto the firm dirt below your feet you heft your duffel bag over your shoulder and walk onward into your new home for the foreseeable future.
=========================

Where is the first stop?
>Acquaint ourselves with the camp
>Find the HQ and speak to the Commander
>Go to the hangars to check out the equipment
>Go to the Barracks to find your team
>>
>>593452
>Go to the hangars to check out the equipment
Fuck it, let's be an MS geek.
>>
File: [rustling noises].png (18KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
[rustling noises].png
18KB, 800x690px
>>593452
>Find the HQ and speak to the Commander
Alright you cheese dicks! Welcome to the 'Nam!
>>
>>593610
>MechEngineer Quest
Mah nigga
>>
File: HZP-01A_Phobos (2).jpg (654KB, 2202x1558px) Image search: [Google]
HZP-01A_Phobos (2).jpg
654KB, 2202x1558px
>>593661
Hell yeah, motherfucker
>>
As you plod along the pale and well-trodden earth, you spy the massive concrete hangars towering above various box-like buildings that litter the FOB. Unable to contain yourself, you spin on your heel and head towards the huge complex. Soldiers, engineers and general staff mill about the base, all seeking shade and respite from the lingering humidity and heat. You find yourself quickly perspiring in your buttoned dress jacket. As the sweat beads on your brow, you hear a warning siren sound as the dust shakes from a massive hangar door as it lazily begins to draw open. You are drawn to the cool, dry air that comes flooding out of the hangar. Before you, you see a line of kneeling Mobile suits; GM’s. Battered steel and blistered paint make up most of these behemoths as they have clearly seen a lot of service. They are all in various states of repair as two of them are having their internals worked on and the third was missing an arm all-together. You crane your neck to see a group of engineers trying to dislodge a projectile that has been embedded within the chest piece of one of the GMs and continue on down the row. There are a total of 9 hangars in this base, and the rest are tightly shut away from the jungle’s heat. As you continue down the row, you are passed by a row of trucks that are full of soldiers coming back from a route in the jungle. The look on their faces says it all as you continue towards the HQ building.
The HQ is a firm looking building, pock marked and dirty, but defiant in its own way. The EFF logo proudly emblazoned on its side. You press the entry button and the door slides open, revealing it’s comforting, air-conditioned interior to you. The room is full of clerks and orderlies milling about, low chatter and radio communication permeating the air, barely drowning out the sound of fans overhead. You step to the front desk and ask to see the Commander.
“And who is asking?” The clerk demands, an unfriendly look adorning his face.
================

Character creation time! Reak basic stuff to keep it simple, I’ll fill in the rest as we progress.
Man or Woman
>>
>>593801
Man
Side 2, Vengeance Route go
>>
>>593801
I'll second this.
>>593865
>>
>>593865
Supporting

>>593801
QM, separate your paragraphs, please
>>
>>593997
(Sorry, last post's formatting got eaten by the reply box. I'm going from Word to here.)

==========================

As you verbally fill in the rough outline of your identification, the clerk blearily blinks slowly.

“Alright. I’ll buzz you in; just hang on”

The clerk lackadaisically waves you through the open door as he returns to his work, rest his chin on an upturned palm. You thank him and walk through the door, shuffling the slipping duffle bad back onto your shoulder. As you turn round the small entry way, you spy a man standing at a window with his arms behind his back, gazing into the jungle. You make yourself known and introduce yourself.

The man turns around to reveal a weathered, but energetic face. He promptly flashes a smile and invites you into the office.

“Ah! C’mon in son, that’s right. You can put the bag down son, it’s not like we have the mats cleaned regularly. Now… you must be one of the new pilots for the 16th. Well, might I be the first to say ‘Welcome aboard!’ and welcome to Asia. My name is Colonel Eugene Stagler and I have to say we were worried about you son, everyone else has been here for damn near a week! We’d though the Zeek’s had gone and shot down yer shuttle or something!”

You both converse lightly as he fills you in on the details of your stay and where to find your unit members. You come to find you are to be part of the 16th MS Team; newly founded in order to combat a growing number of Zeon forces in the region.

With a firm handshake, Colonel Stagler bids you farewell as you pick up your bag and head out of the HQ. The humidity once again hits you like a brick wall and you are unsure whether you should continue walking or start swimming.

>Go to the Barracks to find your team
>Go find your MS Hangar
>>
>>594145
>>Go to the Barracks to find your team
>>
>>594145
>Go find your MS Hangar
>>
>>594145
>>Go to the Barracks to find your team
>>
>>594145
>>Go find your MS Hangar
We can ditch the RX-79 for an awesome GM variant, right OP?
>>
>>594440
>wishful demanding

Who the hell do you think your QM is, Crosswire? MercCommand? Come on now.
>>
File: RGM-79C Powered GM.jpg (929KB, 1552x2062px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79C Powered GM.jpg
929KB, 1552x2062px
>>594440
Powered GM Best GM, and it won't be developed for another couple of years.
>>
File: Rgm-79-grs.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-79-grs.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>594481
I'm partial to the Armored GM. Fast, Rugged, probably could be tricked out to make use of it's stupid high ground speed.
>>
As you plod down the walkway between buildings you can see a group of soldiers exiting the barracks. They are all wearing the standard green fatigues with or without the jacket, rifles slung on their backs or carried at their side. These guys are not pilots; they are the real unfortunate bastards who make up the bulk of the EFF. As you pass the cohort you receive snide glares and mumbled remarks about your position mixed with the shuffling sound of dragging steps and heavy breathing. The inside of the barracks is just as hot as the outside, and maybe twice as humid. The lingering smell of wet wood and moisture clings to your nostrils as you follow the makeshift signs that litter the hallways. As you follow the hastily scratched markings you find yourself in what is supposed to be your team’s room.

It’s empty.

No sign of people inhabiting this room remain, if there ever were. The tiny cots are still neatly made and there are no personal belongings to be seen. You wearily turn around and exit the room, your duffle bag wearing a mark into your shoulder.

You decide to head towards the hangars once again, in hopes to find your team’s mobile suits. As you make the seemingly endless trek around this base, you once again are in the shadow of the huge buildings. Each hangar you pass has a large marking on its side, starting at 11. You pass 12, 13, 14 and 15, coming to a stop at Hangar 16, logically. The huge door is shut tight, warding off the jungle’s pleasantries like a stalwart defender. You find the personnel entrance and swipe your soldier ID to gain entry. The cool air is a sweet savior that assaults your senses quickly, but just as quickly renders your sweaty clothes clingy and cold. You spy three tarped mobile suits, fastened deftly to the concrete hangar floor, small crews milling about lazily. In one corner of the hangar, you spot 4 people sporting various pieces of a pilot’s uniform.

===================================

>Call out to them
>Approach and introduce yourself
>Scout out the mobile suits
>>
>>594562
>>Scout out the mobile suits
>>
>>594562
>Scout out the mobile suits
New toys.
And apparently captcha thinks we ought to be named Vick Sanchez.
>>
>>594619
>Vick Sanchez
Of Universe C-137?
>>
The group in the corner does not detect your presence quite yet, so you swiftly make for the nearest mobile suit. They lay flat on their backs, the tarps fastened to hooks in the floor; the tarp pulled taut over their surface. However, your keen eye spots a line that is undone, rendering the tarp slack. You eagerly approach the uncovered piece and flip the tarp on top of the mobile suit, revealing the stark off-white paint of the side of the head unit; the glass of one of the main cameras just barely peeking out from under the tarp.

“Beauty, ain’t she?” You hear from behind you. With a start, you turn to see the four pilots standing behind you. “Don’t you agree?” a well-built man asks. You agree. “She sure is…” he mutters, gazing over the tarped mobile suit. “Well, I suppose you’re the long awaited straggler of 16th team, eh? Might as well introduce you to your new family!” He gestures for two of the three pilots to step forward.

A smaller, but eager looking man holds out his hand in greeting. “Hello there, the name’s Dmitri Valentin, a pleasure.” You shake his hand; it’s firm and short. Very… businesslike.

Secondly, a hearty looking woman approached and pats your shoulder. “Hey there, we were waiting on you for quite some time, thought you were dead! I’m Bela Ingergard, your third team member.”

The first man gives a quick salute and a wink. “And I’m Noah Severin. Your team’s head mechanic and engineer.” He throws a thumb over his shoulder to the fourth pilot. “This guy is from 15th team. He was just checking out the fresh shipment. We haven’t gotten a new team out here for some time now.” The 15th team pilot waves as he bids his farewell to Noah, leaving the building.

===========================

>Talk to the team about the mobile suits
>Talk to the team about the Base
>Talk to the team about where they are staying
>>
>>594795
>Bela Ingergard

Zeek spy, the name checks out.
>>
>>594795
>>Talk to the team about the mobile suits
So what kind of deathtraps do they have us riding? I half expect them to announce a new Ground Type Ball.
>>
>>594795
>Talk to the team about the mobile suits
>>595252
But anon the type 61 already exists
>>
>>594795
>>Talk to the team about the mobile suits

>>595796
Hey, the Type 61 was the powerhouse that fought the statistical majority of groundside conflicts! It's a perfectly good tank for this era!
>>
>>595923
It fills a role and is probably responsible for the most zeke kills on earth itself , even if heavily outdated and unable to achieve parity with what zeon would throw at it, especially before the GM. It was a tank, there were a ton of them, and they could potentially kill a zaku. No doubting that. Just as there is no doubting that they are a death trap. Like damn it took balls of steel to operate one after it became apparent how screwed you were. "The first three waves accompanied by air support are burning graves now, and the zeke's are barely scrtched, but damn if I don't have a good feeling about this one. The only way this could be better is if we have our own sort of zakus. That's okay though men, means there's more for you to kill."
Strategically they were very useful, it was just the only people who got it worse than the crews were infantry.
>>
>apologised is dead and never coming back
>Char will never run Bright Quest

This will have to do I guess...
>>
File: pout.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
pout.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
Is this dead?
>>
File: 1439330961260.jpg (83KB, 901x598px) Image search: [Google]
1439330961260.jpg
83KB, 901x598px
>>596626

Not dead, things came up. Will do more; love the content too much to not. Will try again tomorrow with more space(noids)

Y'ALL AINT GETTIN RID OF ME YET
>>
So looking from timeline UC 0079 and earth location can we pick some of this MS for our team ?

From 08 ms team
RGM-79(G) GM Ground Type
RGM-79(G) GM Sniper
RX-75 Guntank Mass Production Type
RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type
RX-79(G)Ez-8 Gundam Ez8

From ms igloo
RTX-440 Ground Assault Type Guntank

From war in the pocket and blue destiny
RGM-79G GM Command
RGM-79D GM Cold Climate Type
RX-79BD-1 blue destiny ( Special dark edgy MS)
>>
>>597212
>RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type
Unlikely, Ground Type Gundams were pretty rare, since they were built using leftover parts from Project V. But it would be my personal preferred choice of Mass Production units.
>RX-79(G)Ez-8 Gundam Ez8
Definitely not gonna happen, the Ez8 was a one-of-a-kind machine, rebuilt from a wrecked Ground Type using whatever parts were available. It's pure fucking sex, but it's also completely unique.
>>
File: Palerider.jpg (119KB, 270x545px) Image search: [Google]
Palerider.jpg
119KB, 270x545px
>>597212
>>597264
The RX-79(G) is most likely, I mean OP is calling this 16th MS Team and there's a picture of one on top thread.
But yeah, Ez8 is a no go, any of the EXAM units should be considered no go as well.
More likely if we're lucky, we'd end up with a Pale Rider, one of the slightly more produced Pale Rider Cavalry or Pale Rider Dullahan.

There are also WAAAY more OYW GM Variations then the Ground Type, Sniper, Cold Climate and Command floating around.
I do suggest that when we get a chance, if we get an RX-79(G) that we swap out it's Gundam Type Head, for a GM Style with better sensors.
>>
>>597498
Personally I'm all about that 180mm cannon.
Get good at popping cockpits with that thing and we can send Zeke filth to their graves with BRUTAL efficiency. Anyone know if the EFGF ever got APFSDS-T rounds for that thing?
>>
File: Rx-78-2-gundamhammer.jpg (25KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-2-gundamhammer.jpg
25KB, 300x350px
>>597534
180 is fine for long range and arty, but I imagine we'll be Mid to Close a lot. If we manage to get something with a ton of thrust, we should probably grab a Beam Spray Gun or some sort of Shotgun.
Also, I suggest Gundam Hammer for melee.
>>
>>597561
>not just using our shield for melee
Seriously, those prongs on the front look like they could be sharpened up and do some serious damage.
Also, while it's boring, a beam saber really is the best all-around melee weapon at this point in the timeline. Anti-beam coating and I-fields aren't very common yet, so a weapon that pretty much ignores armor is a solid choice.
As an aside,why the fuck does Gundam Breaker 3 only have rank insignia decals for Zeke filth?
>>
File: deploy saber.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
deploy saber.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>597561
Who'd be better in a close range fight, Zakus or GMs? I imagine the beam saber gives the Feddies a distinct advantage in that regard.
>>
>>597570
If I remember correctly, the GM has better raw performance than a straight Zaku II, but the Zekes generally had better, more experienced pilots, while the Feddie pilots were often very green, and with just the bare minimum of training.
So really, it's a matter of whether the GM's pilot is a scrub or a badass.
>>
>>597498
Yeah theres many gm variant during uc 079 but most of them seems build for space use

On the other hand zeon having more ground and amphibi type ms because their goal is invading earth while efsf build more generic ms for all terrain like gm and gundam.

List of zeon ground ms during oyw
Zaku 1
Zaku 2 ground
Gouf
Gouf custom
Dom
Dom tropen
Efreet variants kai, schneid, nacht
>>
At work. Will continue quest tonight fellas. I appreciate the support and interest! I hope my writing is of acceptable quality as a non-native English speaker.
>>
>>597580
>the Zekes generally had better, more experienced pilots
Actually, that's not true. Zeon had the problem of throwing it's experienced pilots into the grinder and by the time of Solomon/A Baoa Qu, it was filling it's Zakus/Doms/Gelgoogs with green pilots against the Federation's GM Rush.

Also, because why use the shield when we can have a giant fuckoff rocket powered flail/mace.

>>597633
Alot of the GMs are more All-Terrain then Space Use. I think there are only a handful of dedicated space use GMs.
>>
>>597693
Are you gonna use any pics for our squadmates?
>>
>>597736

Perhaps in time. As of now, your imagination is your best friend.
>>
File: zeta_gundam.jpg (180KB, 1000x745px) Image search: [Google]
zeta_gundam.jpg
180KB, 1000x745px
Alright fellas, I'm home and working on the next portion right now.
>>
You gesture to the mobile suits behind you to Noah and ask what they will have you piloting. Noah smiles and holds up a finger in delay as he walks to the back of the room and pulls a large switch, decoupling the tarp from the floor with a synchronized ‘pop’. The team grabs one corner of the tarp and begin to jog with it, swiftly revealing the unblemished surface of an RX-79(G) ground Gundam.

“The Ground Gundam. Beautiful piece, they really are. Pretty rare to see those out here, but these will be our second team at FOB Echo.” Noah quips, running a palm long the arm. “They came in about 3 weeks ago, heavily under wraps- had to assemble them from boxes, believe it or not!”

You marvel at the mobile suit in all its majesty. The other pilots gather around and start chatting away about the new mobile suits, joking about the first mission and how they will help win the war. You ask where your two teammates came from.

“I was born in space, side 1 to be exact. Shangri-la.” Dmitri replies. “I joined as soon as they started calling in people with heavy equipment experience and I worked in the space dock there.”

“I’m actually from earth” Bela says. “Born in Europe, Sweden to be exact.”

They ask you where you are from. Your face darkens as you reply that you are from Side 2. Hushed looks replace a jovial face and as Bela looks at her boots Noah puts a hand on your shoulder.

“Doesn’t take much to realize why you signed up, eh?” He rhetorically asks. “Well, drop your stuff in the back of the hangar. There is an old office we set up as our bunk house. Couldn’t stand the heat and stink of mildew in the barrack’s we have here.” He says, quickly changing the topic. You walk with the group and finally drop your bag at the empty cot that has been waiting for you. You realize that you’ve been carrying this bag all day and the relief of its weight is immensely satisfying.

=============================

>Relax with your crew
>Get acquainted with the base
>Find the mess hall
>>
>>598040
>>Find the mess hall
>>
>>598040
>>Relax with your crew
>>Find the mess hall
Nothing says we can't do both. Ask them how much they expect the mechanics would shit themselves if we start requesting customizations to our Gundam.
>>
The quiet is interrupted by your stomach it protests loudly at the fact it’s been empty for the majority of the day. Dmitri laughs as he stands up from his resting place and motions for you to follow. Luckily, the mess hall is only a short distance from the hangar, so the long day of walking around isn’t for too much longer. You approach the mess hall to find that it is more of a cantina, open to the air with a small building that houses the kitchen. In no time, you and your crew at sitting at a small table in the shade of a camouflage net, ‘enjoying’ the ‘fine’ army food, joking about this and that. As you are about to take your first bite of army noodles the FOB siren goes off. The loudspeaker belches out a pre-programmed stand-to call and issues the base go on high alert. You nearly fall backwards out of your chair trying to keep up with the rest of your crew as they run towards the East-facing gate. Trucks whizz by and personnel buzz in a flurry of shouts and calls, the soldiers making ready. As you run towards the hangar, Bela grabs your sleeve and pulls you towards the gate, yelling “No time to power up the mobile suits, grab some AT and follow me!”

You arrive at the armory as Quartermasters distribute weaponry to the non-essentials. You are handed an anti-tank launcher and ammunition before being dragged off to the gate. Soldiers and fighting vehicles are rallying and forming a barrier outside the gate. Bela hurls you into a foxhole and slides down beside you, checking the ammunition on her AT launcher. You nervously bite your lip as it gets silent. The only sound you can make out is the blood pumping in your ears. Soldiers ready themselves in trenches, behind walls and trees, flanking the road into the base. Soon, a rhythmic thumping noise is felt, and then heard in the distance. You can feel it in the earthen wall of the fox hole and in the soles of your feet. It’s approaching at high speed.

=========
>Wait for orders
>Talk to Bela
>Move to a different position
>>
>>598115
>>Wait for orders
>>
>>598115
>Is this the usual?
>Then be silent and not yammer on like a fresh boot.
>>
>>598115
>>Talk to Bela
Ask why we aren't powering up Mobile Suits. I'm pretty sure the RX-78 went from 0 to Killing Zakus in under a minute.
>>
“Is this the usual?” You joke quietly.

Bela returns your humour without breaking her stare into the dense jungle. “Hush and be ready.” This is not what your first impression of Bela would have lead you to believe she was like.

The vibrations get more aggressive as motion breaks the picture like stillness of the jungle and road. A battered MS is running up the road. You grip the handle on your AT launcher a little tighter as you see it approach. As its silhouette clears the horizon it becomes quickly apparent that this is a GM type mobile suit. You reach for the binoculars hanging around Bela’s neck, swiftly bringing them up to your eyes for a clearer picture. With a moment to adjust, the binoculars reveal a heavily damaged GM moving at high speed towards the base, no weapons or supplies in tow. Its armour is pock-marked with dents and holes with large wedged gouges on its surface. The soldiers around you brace themselves for the worst as its thundering strides draw quickly closer. A soldier with a radio turns up the volume for those around him to listen.

“… is he chasing?... two… I don’t kn…”

“The communication is all broken up, likely due to the heavy damage” you ponder.

The GM slows its approach as it enters the marked zone of the base, 100 yards from the entrance. It comes to a halt as the extent of its damage is understood. This thing is barely operational, and likely wont be for much longer. Soldiers begin to file out of cover and approach the GM, who’s pilot hatch pops open. You begin to rise out of the foxhole when an explosion erupts from the rear of the GM, its leg being shorn clean off and the pilot being thrown from the cockpit. Bela tears you back into cover as the towering mobile suit tumbles forward and collapses with an earth shuddering thunder. A cloud of dust erupts and black smoke thickens the area. You can feel Bela behind you and another person in front of you.

=================
>Climb out of the foxhole
>check on Bela
>See who else joined you in the foxhole
>>
>>598182
>>See who else joined you in the foxhole
>>
>>598182
>>See who else joined you in the foxhole
>>
You reach out the person who jumped in your foxhole to see if they are okay. Grabbing a shoulder, you give it a shake, with no response. As you lean in and waft the smoke from in front of your eyes you recoil at the sight of the bloody, crumpled GM pilot; twisted and broken after being thrown from atop the mobile suit and into your fox hole.

Bela peers around you with a serious face and motions for you to get out and run to the gate entrance. As you clear the smoke filled area you feel the steps of multiple Mobile suits quickly coming to the scene. The well-worn 11th GM team are at the scene and ready for any action. They pull out into the dense jungle and begin to sweep the area with many soldiers on foot and soon, in the air. Bela puts a hand on your shoulder and asks if you are okay. You feel tense and jumpy, but no injuries to report. The medical staff rush past you as they begin emergency triage and try to save those wounded in the explosion. Your weapon dangles from its carrying strap about your shoulder, not unlike the duffle bag. You find Noah and Dmitri safe and sound as they convene back in the hangar.

Everyone is silent for a moment as Dmitri breaks the air. “We’re being activated. This is the 5th attack near the FOB in the last 3 weeks. The Zeeks are escalating their aggression and the Colonel has had enough.” Everyone nods in agreement, and surely enough, you find yourself doing it as well.

Noah pulls the electrical breaker as light floods the hangar, the Ground Gundams all uncovered and upright. “They weren’t ready to go before; but they sure are now.” He remarks. The many armaments of the RX-79(G) were laid out in a weapons armory on one side of the hangar. The signature boxy ‘backpacks’ open on the floor.

Dmitri turns to face the team and states “We’re headed out tonight.”

============================

Alright folks, I have to go be a GM for a couple hours. Will return later to do one or two more portions. we'll see. Thanks for all the interest in this quest so far, I am having a blast writing it!
>>
>>598238
>MS aren't always on standby in an active combat zone.
>Valuable MS Pilots being told to grab an AT and run to foxholes where they can be killed by stray shots/explosions.
>Instead of being with their MS where they can roll out the exact second they're ready to go, they have to run to grab an AT weapon, run to the foxhole, wait at the foxhole, then run back to their MS. Exposing themselves the whole time.
>THEN they can finally load up, begin ready prep and roll out.

I don't know who's in charge of this base, or how it's being run. But it's like he wants to be as ineffective as possible and lose the combat area.
>>
>>598305
Likely another team were on standby. Warming up an MS to go takes time. And leaving them powered up has other issues relating to operating hours and maintenance hours.
And when the FOB comes under fire, fuckin' EVERYBODY grabs a weapon.
>>
File: damn you kojima.jpg (22KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
damn you kojima.jpg
22KB, 540x360px
>>598305
Ain't the Federation brass full of ineffective idiots? Like letting an anti-terrorist organization have no ethical or legal oversight and selling an asteroid to somebody who's gonna crash it into the Earth?
>>
>>598311
At least one team should have been on standby, but the MS should be ready for the pilots to jump in and get the suit going as fast as possible. You never know when you need all your teams to roll out right now.
And it's like telling a Jet Pilot
>"Sorry, we haven't finished turning on your plane. Go join the infantry on the front line, we'll give you a call when it's ready to go and you can hitch a ride back. HAVE FUN!"

Besides, what do you do if you lose your MS Pilots because they were playing infantry on the front line? Then you have to call up the brass, order new pilots, explain why they should continue to give you valuable military resources when you keep losing them because they're playing infantry, and then if they do decide to send you new stuff get them adjusted and ready to go.

If the FOB is attacked, the first and last place we should be is at the MS Hanger with our suit getting ready to go ASAP.
If the enemy has entered the base and is making it difficult to get to the hanger, sure pick up a gun and clear a path. Otherwise, MS NOW, MOVE MOVE MOVE!

>>598321
>Ain't the Federation brass full of ineffective idiots?
Yes, Yes it is. Greedy Ineffective Idiots.
>>
>>598328
>it's like telling a Jet Pilot
No, it's more like a tanker, really.
MS pilots are often compared to fighter jockies, but considering that not all MS pilots are officers, and you can teach someone to pilot a combat MS in a couple of months, tops. Fighter pilots spend something like two years in training before going to their units.
>>
>>598355
Weren't most early OYW MS pilots previous space fighter pilots.
I think they also had parallels with the GM's control system being like that of the Federation's Space Fighters so it'd be easier to adapt to for the previous fighter pilots.
>>
D&D session is taking forever. May have to continue tomorrow. I have much more time, especially during the day.
>>
>>599656
You're fine, man. Have fun with your D&D, I'm looking forward to continuing.
>>
File: 08th_Team_in_Action.webm (3MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
08th_Team_in_Action.webm
3MB, 500x376px
I think I am going to like this quest.
>>
File: 1ggwg.jpg (301KB, 1600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1ggwg.jpg
301KB, 1600x848px
You are once again relaxing at the mess area, finally eating your, now quite tepid, army noodles. Dmitri is there, slowly smoking a cigarette as Bela plants her feet on an open chair, putting her boots up as she stretches out. You watch the sun dip down into the foliage as the night approaches; the heat of the sun dissipating quickly. You wait patiently for the humidity to release its grasp on your lungs with the coming of the night, but quickly realise that the humidity is here to stay. You turn your head to the stretchers and cots that have been laid outside of the medical centre, where non-grievously wounded soldiers relax and socialize. 4 dead, 18 wounded. That was the final tally after the incident this afternoon. You had been training for what felt like an eternity before you were sent here and as your first taste of soldiering today was a bit of a shock. You feel resolute, however. You joined this war with a purpose, a purpose above all others and no matter the consequences will your resolution waver. Your stoic gaze is interrupted by a sharp whistling. Your team begins to stand up as Noah waves the team back to the hangars.

“They’re all ready to go. Bela, you’ll take Unit 3. Dmitri, you’ll be in Unit 2.” Noah turns to you and points up at the closest mobile suit stating “You’ll be in Unit 1, Boss.”

The detail of your being assigned to this unit was not stated. You had no idea what position you’d be holding, let alone in command. Dmitri expresses his thoughts on the matter quite eloquently.

“What the fuck!” He shouts. “Brass said they were assigning a team FOR me! This is bullshit!”

Noah drags a hand down his face as he explains himself. “Dmitri, I’m just relaying the message, okay? I got the orders right here; this was Stagler’s decision, not mine.”

Noah produces a set of papers from a dirty mechanics suit that are quickly snatched up by Dmitri, his eye aggressively raking over the lines of text. His stares darts upward as the papers drift to the floor.

“Fine. Don’t get us killed, Boss.” Dmitri turns and walks to his mobile suit, grasping the entry line as it pulls him up to the cockpit.

Noah produces a sealed folder with the team’s unit marking on it. “From the Colonel.”

===============================

>Read over the orders with everyone
>Mount up and brief on the go
>Talk to the Colonel about your assignment
>>
>>601850
>Read over the orders with everyone
>>
>>601850
>>Read over the orders with everyone
>>
File: 513189.jpg (2MB, 6728x4342px) Image search: [Google]
513189.jpg
2MB, 6728x4342px
You motion for Bela to follow as you walk towards Dmitri’s mobile suit, shouting at him to open the hatch. It pops open deftly to reveal a cross armed comrade.

“Now, listen up you two. The Colonel’s orders here are that we are to rendezvous with 12th team at the Eastern gate before moving down the highway. Zeon forces have been harassing this main supply route for weeks as it turns southward along the mountains. We are to set up and mount any counter-ambushes that may pop up. We’ll be out of the FOB’s immediate support range, so he’s relying on us to get the job done. Alright?”

Dmitri nods and closes the hatch to the cockpit. Bela sounds off and gives you a thumbs up. You walk over to the dangling fly-line that will raise you to the cockpit of Unit 1. The lift is quick and ends with a jerk. You swing yourself into the cockpit and as the hatch closes, the small area goes dark. A lone button pulses dimly, begging to be pressed. You take a calming breath and depress the faint blue light, a clicking noise followed by a chugging sound of fans engaging and spinning up to speed quickly follow. A light comes on, followed by the camera displays. The humming noise grows louder as the suit engages all its systems and runs the diagnostics. You test the camera rotation, slowly panning across the hangar. Noah stands below you with his hands on his hips, watching the gundam’s head swivel effortlessly back and forth.

“All good up there, boss?” He shouts

You tilt the head downward to view him on the main camera. Testing the actuators on the arms, you give him a giant thumbs up to which he grins and returns. He jogs over to the hangar door and releases the switch, causing the warning siren to engage. You feel the slight tremor of other suits walking on the concrete surface as you see Bela and Dmitri picking up their weapons. Dmitri favours the standard 100mm machine gun, picking it up and folding the wire stock over top the receiver before donning his shield. Bela does the same, but packs the hyper bazooka into the backpack container.

You stare down at the armoury below you with giddiness, unsure what to pick.

===============

>Pick up the 100mm machine gun and shield + 180mm cannon in the backpack
>Pick up the 100mm machine gun and shield + hyper bazooka in the backpack
>Pick up the beam rifle and shield + 100mm machine gun in the backpack
>>
File: Ez_Pz.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ez_Pz.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>602140
>Pick up the 100mm machine gun and shield + 180mm cannon in the backpack

I wanted the bazooka but I guess we can hit harder with the 180mm
>>
>>602140
>>Pick up the 100mm machine gun and shield + hyper bazooka in the backpack
I haven't watched the original Gundam yet, so what are beam rifles like for the ground forces? Common, easy to repair and lots of ammo? Or just a specialized weapon for snipers and aces?
>>
>>602260
It doesn't have ammo in the conventional sense but if you are careless with your shots it will run out, but they are pretty good until middle range and a solid hit is potentially fatal. Once you get to the farther ranges the beam starts to dissipate and it does less damage. I don't believe it's that easy to repair, at least in the field and it's usually rarer since the machine guns are more popular and cheaper. I would still use one though.
>>
>>602260
The Ground GM and Ground Gundam Beam Rifle has 15 Shots, an underslung launcher with 3 Shots and a maximum effective range of 2 Kilometers according to Gundam Wiki.
>>
>>602140
Changing my vote>>602218
To>>602260
>>
>>602379

Fug. Slight delay then.
>>
>>602218
which series is that webm from?
>>
>>602390
I apologize it was a deadlock
>>
>>602392
The 8th MS Team OVA, Battle in Three Dimensions I think
>>
You spy the other Hyper Bazooka unsure of what to expect so you figure that it is ‘better to be safe than sorry’ and begin grasping the pieces and inserting them into the storage container. As the container is cabled into the carrying frame on the gundam’s back, you can feel the shift in its balance. In contrast, the 100mm machine gun feels light and agile in the gundam’s grip. The shield interfaces with the wrist mounting on your left arm and you stand up straight, peering around to the open hangar door. Bela and Dmitri are waiting outside as you walk the gundam out into the base. It feels good; more responsive than the training GM you had piloted in Europe. Bela holds up an arm to Dmitri as you exit the hangar, letting you lead off the team as its head. 12th team is already at the gate; their GM ground type’s outfitted nearly the same. The coms spark open as the leader of 12th team acknowledges your arrival, and directs his team forward.

“My team will lead the convoy. Support vehicles and transports in the centre with one of your units, and two in the rear.” He states.

You ponder it for a moment before ordering Dmitri to be the centre guardsman. You receive a sulky “Yes sir.” Over the coms and he maneuvers his mobile suit past yours, into the stream of support vehicles.

“This is a serious operation to have this much personnel.” You think to yourself, spying hover trucks and traditional transports huddling closely like ants in a row. 16th team’s objective is to occupy a point 30 kilometers from 12th team’s position and is acting as the first strike force should the enemy ambush any oncoming supply convoys. 12th team will be on the lookout as well, but are acting as reserves should reinforcements be needed. You go over the mission objectives again and again as you plod along in the convoy, the highway stretching far out in front of you, jungle walls on either side. After a few hours of walking, 12th team departs from the convoy, forming their own as they trek into the jungle to set up their staging point. From this point, you take the lead of the convoy with Bela taking up the rear. After an additional hour down the highway, it twists southward to trace the bottom of the mountains. You read in the report that the Zeeks should be coming from over top of the mountains, and that they frequently use it as a shield for their movements. You call for a halt of the small convoy and weigh your options.

=====================

>Set up on the mountain side of the highway
>set up on the jungle side of the highway
>Split your forces on both sides
>>
>>602436
>Set up on the jungle side of the highway
At least we'll get some cover from the Zeeks, though I seriously doubt our white color scheme is gonna seriously act as camouflage
>>
>>602436
>Set up on the jungle side of the highway
If we hid on the mountain side there could be the chance we couldn't see them. At least the jungle will cover the convoy if not us.
>>
You extend the gundams arm out to the jungle side of the highway as support vehicles begin to stream off the paved highway and into the underbrush below. Dmitri and Bela both follow the convoy into the jungle as you quickly lose visual contact in the think foliage. You stand atop the highway for a moment, looking at the surroundings, secretly hoping the enemy would emerge, just for you. When the time doesn’t come, you turn and head into the jungle.

An hour passes as the observation post is established. A ramshackle camp is created out of the support vehicles and the gundams are lowered to one knee; hiding their presence and while keeping them ready. Camouflage nets are thrown over top to keep them hidden from the sky should any recon fly over the area. The morning is just about to arrive as the sun’s glow is visible over top of the mountains and you quickly realise how heavy your eyelids feel. You slide down from your sitting place on the gundam’s foot and find your team.

“Everything here is all ready, Boss. We’ve got food and water, engineers and mechanics to maintain the gundams. The other support staff will be retreating back to base once night falls again and their supplies are unloaded.” Bela quips as you approach. You nod in approval.

Dmitri is smoking as he lays in his portable cot, still sulky at the Colonel’s decision for you to lead. You are unsure what to say to him. He is the more experienced soldier, he was expecting to lead. Bela scoffs as she catches you staring at your comrade and takes you aside.

“Don’t worry about him. He’ll pout like this for a while, but he’ll get over it.” She reassures. She had moved her cot into a makeshift tent, not wanting to sleep under a tarp. Waving goodnight, she slips through the folds of the makeshift tent for the night. You are left staring at your cot under the tarp; heavy headed and yet, unsure if you want to sleep.

=================

>Go to bed
>Try and talk with Dmitri
>Talk to Bela
>>
>>602512
>>Try and talk with Dmitri
>>
>>602512
>Go to bed
We can talk to Dmitri back at base, we need to be alert for zeeks
>>
>>602512
>>Try and talk with Dmitri
Ask if we can bum a smoke.
>>
You look at Dmitri as you let yourself fall onto your cot while reaching into your pocket. You realise that your cigarettes are back in the hangar and you curse in your head at the mistake. You turn your head to Dmitri as he opens an eye and looks towards you.

“What.” He drones. You sheepishly grin and remark that you’re out of smokes.

With a grunt he sits up in his bed and pulls out his pack and tosses you a cigarette. Returning the pack to his shirt pocket he lies back down, muttering something about you owing him one. You thank him and light it, drawing deep and exhaling the small cloud. For a moment, there is silence. You can’t help but tell him you had no idea that you were going to be appointed the leader of the team and that you had no intentions of overstepping your bounds. However, you also tell him that it wasn’t his choice, or your choice. It was the commander’s choice and unfortunately, there is no arguing something like that. Dmitri lets out a sigh as he sits back upright on his cot. He eyes you up and down and drops his head.

“You know, they talked pretty big about your skills when Bela and I got here. We were surprised when we were getting a green pilot, but I guess, we aren’t anything special ourselves. I was heavy equipment as my background, and Bela did some piloting in space. We learned as we went, but you actually trained for this.” Dmitri points at you with two fingers, his cigarette placed neatly between them. “I guess, that’s why you’re the boss now, Boss.”

He cracks a small smile and lies back down, flicking his cigarette butt onto the ground.

“Don’t fall asleep with that in your mouth.” He says, putting an arm under his head and rolling on his side.

You take another draw of the cigarette, staring at its tiny orange glow as the sun begins to crest the mountains. The day will be here soon enough, and you figure that you might as well sleep while there is an hour or two of darkness.

You are awoken with a start at a booming rumble that shakes the earth and you roll out of your cot onto the ground.

>Take a look around for the source
>Run to your Mobile suit
>Wake everyone up
>>
>>602666
>Wake everyone up
>>
>>602666
>>Wake everyone up

>Those numbers
Apparently Satan is attacking
>>
You start shouting to your crew as you pick yourself up off the ground. You shake Dmitri awake and run into Bela’s tent. You shout at her to wake up and she slowly rolls out of bed asking what’s happening. You pick up your essentials and start running to your mobile suit, your team grumbling as they convene under the tarp. You are sprinting through the wet ground and your loosely tied boots splash your ankles.

Wait.

Your sprint slows to a jog, then to a walk. Before long, you are standing there, out in the rain. Thunder booms overhead as the sound rolls off the mountainside into the jungle, heavy raindrops falling onto your uncovered head. You turn back around to see your team, bleary eyed and confused, standing and staring at you. Thunder sounds once again as the rain double’s its effort to soak the earth. You straighten your spine and begin to walk back under the tarp, thoroughly soaked. Dmitri and Bela are silent as you come under the covering once again and sit down, wet, onto the edge of your cot. Bela mutters something about having to put on pants as she scoffs and returns to the tent. Dmitri lies back down on his cot, but not before he chuckles to himself.

You sit on your cot, very much awake, very much soaking wet. Your watch says its past 8 in the morning. You dig into your pack to get the small gas burner and tin cup out. Angling the tarp, you push the pooling water off the edge and catch a cup-full as it falls to the ground. Searching for the instant coffee, you put the cup on the burner to let it boil. You quickly strip out of your wet clothing and hang it to dry on a line under the tarp and change into the spare, forgoing the jacket and living simply with the fatigue pants and a clean, white undershirt.

=================
>Enjoy the moment while your water boils
>Read the mission briefings
>Find the camp quartermaster for some food
>>
>>602805
>>Find the camp quartermaster for some food
>>
>>602805
>Find the camp quartermaster for some food

I actually laughed
>>
You gaze out from the covering of your tarp to find the smell of food wafting amid the raindrops. The mess truck has set an awning out from its side to shield the window from the rain as soldiers line up with rain coats and makeshift coverings for food. Your eyes focus off the food and back onto the sheet of rain that is blocking your path. You sit and ponder for a few minutes, stirring your newly mixed instant coffee and lighting a cigarette from Dmitri’s pack once again. He won’t notice. Bela soon wakes up once again, appearing from the tent folds wearing the small jungle shorts and a tank top, frowning at the rain. She perks up at the smell of coffee and gives you a quick salute.

“Permission to drink coffee, boss!” she starts.

You peer up over the steaming liquid in your cup and nod quickly before taking a small sip of the scorching liquid. She follows suit, collecting some water and placing it on the small stove on the ground. At this point, Dmitri is awake at the sound of talking and bustling about. He pulls himself upward and scratches his face.

“Morning, Boss.” He grumbles, a sloppy salute punctuating his stretching.

They both look out at the food truck and begin rifling through their packs, looking for the rain gear. With caps and coats on, they are about to set out when they ask if you’re coming. You reply that you have gotten wet once already today, that’s enough.

“We ain’t bringing you back food, Boss!” Bela laughs as they head out towards the truck.

You take another sip of your coffee as you spy the radio under Dmitri’s cot, and then at your wet jacket hanging from the line, your Lieutenant badge fastened to the lapel of your collar. A great idea springs forth from your head. As you pick up the radio, you send a quick message about the food truck being too far from your quarters. As you pull a hard rank, the quartermaster sends a runner with your food to your cot. As it arrives you pat the guy on the back and send him off.

Bela and Dmitri return, with partially wet food, to you, eating your warm food on a dry bed with hot coffee. You smile.

=======================

>Eat and converse with the team
>Go over the briefing as your team eats
>Eat and make yourself ready
>>
>>603145
>>Go over the briefing as your team eats
>>
File: tobiaxdeer.jpg (72KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
tobiaxdeer.jpg
72KB, 500x356px
>>603145
>>Eat and converse with the team
Also did we get scared by thunder? God, I can only imagine the day we see the most fearsome beast to ever roam the earth.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Your teammates sit on Dmitri’s bed as fill your mouth with as much food as you can, knowing that once you start briefing, Murphy’s Law will inevitably kick in. You manage to get down half your food before Bela pipes up with a question.

“So, what’s the situation, Boss?

“Yeah, when’s the next convoy due to roll by us?” Dmitri adds.

You scan over the briefing, much of the pomp and circumstance can be glossed over in these briefings; in your opinion. After a few moments, you find that there will be 3 convoys in the next 48 hours.

“Looks like the next convoy is due this afternoon. ETA around 3pm.” You reply.

Your team nods in acknowledgement, slowly working away at their breakfast. You take the moment to get another mouthful before moving back to the briefing. You quickly brush some food off of the clipboard before resuming.

“We are to counteract, hinder, halt, or report any possible Zeon activity within the vicinity of your outpost. We are not to engage in any contact without certainty of effect and not without the express safety of the convoys.” You quote.

Your team looks bored at the academic details, knowing full well that the ‘rules’ of war do not apply out in the real world. You all eat and converse over the last of your food, talking about your lives and what it was like before the war. Your team looks reluctant to ask you anything about your home, Side 2.

The rain seems never ending. Since the moment you woke up, it has been pouring down from the sky. The only relief it seems, is that it has drawn the humidity out of the air and the stagnant, blistering air is replaced with a cool rush. You can see soldiers happily sitting out in the rain, collecting it in helmets and dumping it on themselves as welcome refreshment. You light up a cigarette; again, without Dmitri knowing it’s his, and gaze up at the mountains. A runner comes dodging under the tarp and salutes you quickly.

“Sir, we have reports that 12th team have opened fire. What should we do?”

You look down at your watch… 2pm.

=======================

>Remain in position, contact them via radio
>Go and scout out their position (will take 1 hour of travel)
>Mount up and move the mobile suits to their position for reinforcements
>>
>>603922
>>Remain in position, contact them via radio
>>
You put down your mess tin with the remainder of your food on your cot, turning to your team you give them quick orders.

“Get ready to be on deck if need be, untie the ropes but leave the nets on the Gundams.” You state, cigarette bobbing on your lip. You turn back to the messenger.

“Pack up any non-essentials and prepare for movement on a moment’s notice, should we need to.” You command.

The messenger salutes and begins to walk quickly about, radio in his hand and relaying your words to the camp. You call for the main radio to be brought under your tarp. Soon a man with a large backpack long-range radio comes jogging under your tarp. Picking up the receiver, you dial in 12th team’s frequency and open the channel.

“12th team, come in. This is 16th team Unit 1. There are reports of open fire; I say again, have you opened fire.” You bark.

There is a moment of radio hum before the channel crackles open once again.

“16th team this is 12th team Unit 1, we have one mobile suit confirmed sighted, possible others. Holding at the objective. No casualties, over.” The voice rings through the headset.

“This is 16th team Unit 1, I want open communication from now on, over.” You draw down your cigarette, flicking the ash upon the ground.

“Uh, roger 16th team Unit 1, you will have all the news, over.”

You bid the radio runner to go do his other duties and leave the radio here. Bela has replaced the jungle shorts with the long pants of her uniform, her headset around her neck.

“Ready to rock and roll, Boss. Just say the word.”

You gaze back down the highway to where 12th Team is stationed; the sound of the rain muffling any action that could be happening. You gaze down at your watch. 2:47pm.

============================

>Scout out 12th team’s position
>Remain at the radio
>Prepare for the convoy
>>
>>604123
>>Prepare for the convoy
You wanna advertise this on /qtg/ and maybe get more anons in here?
>>
>>604575

Probably a good idea. I didn't even know a QTG thread still existed.
>>
You tear your eyes from the slowly ticking wristwatch and radio for the observers to be ready at their posts. You want them to be ready for first visual with the friendly convoy. You bounce your knee up and down at your cot, waiting for the minutes to crawl by. Every pop and crackle of the radio has you tense up, waiting for the enemy to be seen. A quick notification chirps on the radio set.

“Convoy confirms ETA schedule, estimated contact within the minute.”

Sure enough, less than a minute later, the first observer chimes in. “Friendly convoy sighted. Looks all clear so far.”

The first transports begin to roll by the observation post. Federation armoured vehicles interspersed with the transports as its only constant protection. All is going well when the first green signal flare shoots into the sky. You trace the noise and catch the projectile just as it bursts, a cloud of green smoke erupting in a neat sphere before catching the wind.
You blink once.

Twice.

The radio explodes with chatter as the observer teams start reporting hostile sightings across the mountain range. Before you can order your team to mount up they are already running out into the rain towards their mobile suits. You grab the radio for one last order as you patch in to the convoy leader.

“GET YOUR ASSES IN HIGH GEAR, HOSTILE’S SPOTTED!”

Part 1
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mypnilxAMo1qem7zh.gif (949KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mypnilxAMo1qem7zh.gif
949KB, 500x300px
>>604838

You toss the receiver down to the ground as you begin sprinting out to your mobile suit, pulling your headset over your ears. Within seconds you mount your gundam and jump into the cockpit. It starts up instantly as you lurch upwards into the standing position, the net tumbling off your back as you wave your team forward. Bela has dropped her storage and assembled the Hyper Bazooka. You decide to carry yours to the front line. As your team chugs through the jungle, the rapport of the thunder echoes off the mountain, followed by explosions. The team halts before the highway at the edge of the jungle, the convoy now in high-speed. They whizz by as fast as they are able, the slower combat vehicles pulling to the side to allow the transports through and orient themselves for the ambush.

Bela shoulders her bazooka and takes a knee; ready for whatever comes her way. You and Dmitri flank her on either side, machine guns at the ready. An explosion rips across the highway, knocking out two of the tanks and damaging the roadway.

“Where’d that come from?!” Dmitri shouts

Bela was already squaring up her sights, the rocket trail leading her right to her target. “Hostile Zaku I, sighted! Engaging!” Her bazooka emits the signature “Whump” as its rocket exits the tube, screaming towards the target. Bela wastes no time standing and relocating her position. The rocket detonates in the distance, a ball of light crackling on the mountainside. “Confirm!” Bela shouts.

You pan your vision across the explosion sight; a wreck of a mobile suit lies fractured and torn on the mountainside. “Confirmed! Good kill!” You respond. There is no time to rejoice, as accurate machine gun fire rakes the ground and forest next to you. You try to dart left, but fling yourself back into cover.

“Who’s got eyes on that gunfire!” You question.

Both your teammates respond negative.

==============

>Draw the fire and try to get to better cover
>Deploy a decoy to get sight on the hostile
>Retreat
>>
>>604850
>>Deploy a decoy to get sight on the hostile
>>
>>604850
Tuesday is the deadest day of the week QM. Please don't be discouraged.
>>
“Dmitri, I can’t see where that fire is. Run a diversion!” You command. You see Unit 2 streak out from behind cover and blind fire into the forest. The gunfire immediately switches to him as you leap from cover and establish yourself at the highway, following the tracers into the trees on the mountainside.

“Bela, 2 o’clock, 1500 meters!” You shout

Bela readies her bazooka and fires into the forest, upending trees and sending vegetation flying in smouldering arcs. As the smoke quickly clears, you see no target. The combat vehicles that were part of the convoy begin firing and moving down the highway in an attempt to not get totally left behind. They fire sporadic shots into the mountainside at anything that might be hostile.

“Boss, heat signatures on the mountain, 1 o’clock!” Bela informs across the channel.

An explosion rocks the highway as your unit tumbles backward. Dmitri fires his chest mounted Vulcan into the elevation, shredding trees and stone as it roar’s from his chest, shell casings littering the ground. Another explosion bursts over the highway, this time with a blinding light. You shut your eyes as the cameras register nothing but painful white light. It begins to dissipate as a giant shadow looms through the cascade. You feel immense weight holding your mobile suit down, and as your eyes adjust, a glowing red orb fills your vision. You raise an arm to halt the downward swing of an activated heat hawk that is streaking straight for your cockpit. You can hear the servos grunting in the arm of your mobile suit as they straight against the downward force of the Zaku II on top of you. You try to fire your Vulcan, but it has been damaged in the previous explosion. You torque the controls, upending your Gundam on its side, throwing the Zaku from its position.
Part 1
>>
File: 08mst-v1c_1024.jpg (280KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
08mst-v1c_1024.jpg
280KB, 1024x768px
>>605231

“Hostile danger-close at my position!” You shout over the radio, clenching your teeth. Your main weapon is nowhere to be found so you raise your shield and extend the locking teeth.

You swing your shield at the Zaku as it dodges away quickly, swinging its heat hawk. The dense shield absorbing the blow. You trade strikes with the Zaku for a minute, your comrades busy with the long range fire from the mountain.

You engage full power to the thrusters as you evade a downward chop and tackle the hostile mobile suit at full force, slamming it into the ground. The hostile Zaku slams its fist into one of your main cameras as you pull the coolant hoses from its head. The gush of coolant is enough of a distraction to raise your shield in the air and punch downward, piercing the body of the Zaku, immobilizing it.

You glance upward to see multiple craters in the mountainside that are streaming smoke. Bela is reloading her Bazooka and Dmitri is standing as cover atop the highway. A sudden jerking motion as you tumble backward startles you; the Zaku having kicked you off balance.

“Damn it!” you yell in the cockpit as you gather your senses. You stand up quickly, but the Zaku is already fleeing into the jungle on the mountainside. You scan the area, seeing various pieces of mobile suits strewn about the ground.
>>
Gonna call it for the night. Thanks for all the support dude. I'll keep plugging away at it when I can. Thanks again.
>>
Thanks for running I look forward to the next kne, archive this if you plan to continue
>>
>>605339

At the very least I have a pastebin of everything I've written, so it won't be lost.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.