[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underdark Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 28_DnDAlumni_Underdark1.jpg (60KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
28_DnDAlumni_Underdark1.jpg
60KB, 600x435px
The world above is dead, scoured into dust by flame or by magic. It was not always this way, but now and forevermore, it is. As the world died, the gods turned their eyes underground, to the safe catacombs of the underdark, and life blossomed. Surfacer colonies dwell in the rooves of the caverns, miserable refuges, while the dwarves still farm and forge as they always have, the blossoming of life having brought them to the be the true height of civilization. The fetid depths of the caverns are dotted with a hundred civilizations, teeming metropolises of all kinds, all utterly bizarre, completely mad. Satyrs roam in musical caravans, the Drow make their dark prayers, lording over the refugee surface elves, every manner of beast, from giants to flumphs, from Abberations to the undead wander underground.

Opportunity blossoms like the fungal trees of the dark, it must simply be claimed.

Now, we need three votes for a race, any race, even utterly bizarre ones from the Underdark, or refugees from the world above. The assorted charts are nothing but a guideline and an advertisement on the catalogue.

Once we have our race, we can try to find a place.
>>
Flumph
>>
>>589948
I vote either surface elves or surface humans, because that would be the best narrative.
>>
Trolls, please.

Second choice cephalopods, third choice neothelids.
>>
>>590045
>>590039
>>590047
Well, we have enough players, any compromise?
>>
I'm just going to quickly pop to the shops to buy baking ingredients, if there is no compromise on my return, I will roll for our race.
>>
>>589948
KOBOLD QUEST GO!
>>
Kobolds sound neat.
>>
Trolls...
>>
So we're tied between trolls and kobolds? Because I'm as open to a combo as I am to a roll.
>>
So Kobolds riding trolls or Troll riding Kobolds?
>>
I'd prefer a roll personally, but it doesn't really matter...
>>
>>590278
>tie between rolling and comboing

Let's roll for if we're gonna roll the troll roll.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>590278
Trolls and Kobolds are two foreign to do well together.

Rolling for Kobold.
>>
>>590290
On an unrelated note, what's your stance on interracial relationships?
>>
>>590300
Ethnic or fantasy? haha
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

Rolling...
>>
Mayhaps we should wait for the GM to do the tiebreaking roll?
>>
I propose a plan that goes as follows:

Kobolds who are ruled by, in the absence of a Dragon, a set of Troll Warriors?

>>590300
Remains to be seen.
>>
>>590353
I'm down with that.
>>
>>590353
Some people wanted to roll for only one, though I'd be fine with that I suppose.
>>
>>590353
If that's what'll make people happy. Though I'd prefer plain Kobs.
>>
File: RockTroll.jpg (722KB, 1418x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RockTroll.jpg
722KB, 1418x1200px
A yelp scratches it's way through the fetid air, and the sounds of fear and confusion quickly overtake the camp, half woken kobolds scrambling for their bone spears or bolas. The attacker lances through the mess of panicked flesh, tearing through the weak kobolds with arms like blades. The Strigoi's howls awaken, much to it's own bad luck, the defenders of the tribe, and the Three Trolls, hulks of muscle and stone arm themselves quickly with great hammers and swords, before rushing at the beast. Their massive, sinewy limbs sail in arcs, crushing limbs and breaking bones. The Strigoi fights like a cornered dog, but it's claws and teeth cannot sink through the stony skin of the massive trolls.

The Kobolds quickly rush to the aid of their defenders, a hail of stones, daggers and bolas buffeting the dieing beast, before it's head is finaly crushed into it's torso with a hammer blow. The corpse is burnt, and the people return, vigilantly, to sleep. Life has been like this, brutish and short, since the world burned. The tribe had numbered in the thousands, dwelling in the surface mountains, but when the fires came from above barely a thousand had made it to the half-safety of the dwarfholds, and only a few hundres managed to sneak through the crowds of refugees down into the underdark. The tribe split and fractured in the confused darkness, and only a few of you now remain, perhaps sixty in all, huddled around your strange defenders.

Three Trolls, who had dwelled in the Underdark all their lives, had found the bumbling tribe, and their leader, a Paladin named Talvan, took the kobolds into his formidable care. Food and security remain scarce, and monsters attack constantly from the darkness, no cover being offered by the craggy badlands and their mossy underbrush.

The skies heave with floating monsters, the waters with skum and abberations, and every one of the giant black Dwarf or Drow roads with all manner of monstrous manthings. The kobolds must survive, and the Trolls have little more than to help their little proteges do so.

>Stats incoming.
>>
>>590451
Nice.

Strigoi are undead, correct?
>>
>Stats:
>Population: 60 Kobolds, 3 Trolls (Juvenile)
>Food: None. Scavenging through the underbrush is productive, but dangerous, and more than a few have died of poisoning.
>Water: Lichen and Fungus drippings.
>Living Conditions: Very, Very Low.
>Technology: Trolls equipped with civilized weaponry, Kobolds Savage. No literacy.
>Home: None to speak of.
>Environment: Craggy Mushroom Badlands.

>2 Actions Per Turn(1d20 per action) and 1 Idea (1d100)
>Let's get started.
>>
>>590474
Corporeal Undead or Ghastly?
>>
File: w6_vc_strigoi.jpg (28KB, 550x432px) Image search: [Google]
w6_vc_strigoi.jpg
28KB, 550x432px
>>590474
Yep, mutated vampires.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>590479
Let's get some basic herbalism. Know what's food, what's poison, what's preservative, etc.

Does this count as an idea? I mean, categorizing plants could also be an action.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>590479

Fortify home base...
>>
Rolled 56, 82 = 138 (2d100)

>>590496
Investigate the stones and fungi of our surroundings.

Have the trolls think of a place to set up a home.

rolling for both
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d20)

>>590506

>Clear wilderness

>Establish territory
>>
>>590508
I would appreciate only one action or Idea from each individual in future, but I probably should have made that clearer, So I will use the rolls you have made.
>>590506
This would be an action, not an idea.
>>
>>590251

How about sentry tower/watch tech?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>590479
Fortify the camp.
>>
>>590479
find a good place to settle for now.
dice+1d20
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>590909
whoops didn't read the roll directions correctly
>>
Welp. This one died quick.
>>
Kobolds are shit
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

The kobolds and trolls gather in congress to restructure their society into a non-partisan democracy.
>>
>>590521
bump?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.