[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space ConQuest - Test Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

File: Space ConQuest.png (68KB, 720x364px) Image search: [Google]
Space ConQuest.png
68KB, 720x364px
What is Space Conquest?

A light strategy game with elements found in 4X games, mixed with a whimsical space exploration theme. You are general that is part of a Homeworld Council of other generals and ministers (other players) that work together to conquer the other four (heretical) civilizations.

The next post will contain a tutorial explaining the basic concepts and core mechanics of the game, with some additional info that you should take into consideration. Don't worry if it might sound confusing or complicated at first, I will do my best to help you figure it out during the quest.

Please note that this quest is a test flight to see how the current iteration of game rules will pan out. Relax, have fun, and feel free to post your opinions about any aspect of the game you think is great or needs improvement in the meantime. Feedback is appreciated. Depending on how things go in the upcoming hours and hopefully days, I will do my best to improve the game for a better experience in future threads.

Thank you for participating and I hope you will have a fun time.
>>
File: Tutorial.png (1MB, 720x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Tutorial.png
1MB, 720x2700px
Picture related is a short tutorial on the core mechanics in the game. I will wait for a half hour or so for other people to notice the thread so we can get the ball rolling so to speak. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions about the game rules if you need further clarification.

For this test run, the first four players that reply to the next turn image with their commands will be scheduled to run the empire for that turn. I have some rules for dice rolling, but for this test I'm not sure how many people will be interested in playing, so I left them out for the time being so that things don't get unnecessarily complicated.

Like previously mentioned, this is probably going to be a bumpy ride until we figure out some of the issues the gameplay might have, so I would appreciate your understanding and patience on the matter.

I think that's more or less it, I'll wait for a while now and answer any potential questions that might arise.

Once again, thank you for taking an interest in my quest and I hope I will meet your expectations.
>>
>>58767
Looks like its had a lot of thought put into it, looking forward to playing my man
>>
Looks interesting
>>
>>58956
>>58978

Wow, already two people, thanks for stopping by! I'll wait for another 10-20 minutes, and then I'll start with the first turn.

On a sidenote, I'm aware the the tutorial might be a bit daunting, but the best summary is the "turn examples" at the bottom. You guys can start off with some simple commands if you want, or you can jump right into more complex ones. Once we get the train going, I think things will be much more clear.
>>
>>59014
Three people now, looks cool man
>>
Looks nice, count me in
>>
Did someone say 4?
>>
One question

Is this going to be like the tribe evo's where some players choose certain planets and then its each planet progressing separately and against eachother?

If so we gotta name up
>>
>>59050
Pretty sure we work together
>>
>>59014
I wouldn't mind joining too!
>>
>>59050
>>59061
I think so, seeing as the 4 planets belongs to the same nation
>>
>All these players
Holy, I wasn't expecting a lot of people, but I'm glad to see people like the idea, thanks.

>>59050
You guys work together, the four Homeworld planets are shared. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a plan to use dice if there will be a lot of people and have some luck involved, so everybody has a somewhat of equal chance to get their commands in.

Basically, for now (I hope this doesn't cause a shitstorm), the first four commands that reply to the "image turn post" with their commands for that turn, their commands will be locked in for that turn. I know that there might be some conflicting posts when two people post commands for the same planet in a short amount of time. We'll see how it goes, I'll add the dice if it will be necessary.

If your post doesn't get it because others replied sooner, do have patience. You can also follow how things go along until the next turn comes up, and try your luck again.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who decided to join in. I'll try to do my best to make the game run as smooth as possible. The first turn post will be posted in the next couple of minutes.
>>
File: SpaceConquestTurn1.jpg (461KB, 540x2470px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceConquestTurn1.jpg
461KB, 540x2470px
Here is the screen for Turn 1.

We can start with some simple laws or policies on Homeworld planets, or if someone already has a plan with the other foreign civilizations, sending them a message, in other words diplomacy would be a good place to start.

Pick a planet, check out the possible command ideas bellow the Homeworld title, then issue a command by quoting this post and stating your command.

If you see someone already "claimed" a planet with a post, pick another one that is free out of the four Homeworld ones.

Good luck!

Here are the news for this turn (I hope I don't fuck up the formatting):

[GALAXY NEWS]
The best news service on this side of the galaxy!

Homeworld

New government appointed!
A new government has been elected. Citizens eagerly await new laws and policies.
"I'm hoping this new government will be better than the last one!" - Citizen
"I'm sceptical, but let's give them a chance." - Citizen

Civilizations

No current news available

You have no new messages
>>
>>59180
Ok, let's sort out Anurano's politics. Revamp the government by having a planet-scale general election.
>>
>>59180
Urnekah shall adopt mandatory community service at least once a month. However, with the high workforce, taxes are attempted to be lowered.
>>
>>59180
Entirius shall send a message of greetings to Memethia. Let's try to have them on our side
>>
Alright, everything seems to be in order, interesting actions to start off, I like it. We wait for a order in Acenata and I calculate the next turn. Which will take a few moments.
>>
>>59180
Acenata is our financial powerhouse, let's start some mining
>>
That's all four planets. Generating new turn, estimated delivery around 15~ minutes.
>>
File: Turn-2.png (770KB, 540x2739px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-2.png
770KB, 540x2739px
Turn 2.

blue][GALAXY NEWS][/blue]

Homeworld

Anurano - New elections!
The old government elite, confident in their victory, assigned a new election to prologue their reign for another four years.
In a shocking twist of events, they lost to the new and young anti corruption movement.
"Finally, I hope we won't have to read about corruption scandals for a while." - Citizen
Politics +1, Finance +1

Urnekah adopts mandatory community service, lowers taxes to compensate
The populace was displeased with the new policy, but tensions lower after taxes lowered to compensate.
"Even though the work is gruelling, the lower taxes are a good trade-off" - Citizen
"Lower taxes? Splendid!" - Politician
Power +1

Entirius opens diplomatic relations with Memethia
Citizens are eagerly awaiting a response.
"I hope they are a peaceful nation." - Citizen

Acenata starts planet-wide mining operations
Even though the prosperous planet Acenata already has a booming economy, it doesn't hurt to invest more.
"Ka-Ching, baby!" - Banker
Finance +1

Civilizations

No current news available

You have 1 new message
Check the end of the image for diplomatic messages.
>>
A side note, I will ditch the "No action assigned" form the planet tabs, editing those in reports will just prologue the editing time I spend for no reason since we can scroll the thread to see actions for the past turn.

If you guys are wondering the "No current events" is reserved for events that are worth noting which can last for a couple of turns, like planet wide riots for example.
>>
>>59402
Acenata has the main bank of our nation but has the shittest power? Surely that's not a good combo. Train soldiers up for for potential interplanetary Jihad.
>>
>>59402
Knowledge is power: Entirius sends spies to get info on Memethian government
>>
I internalize the threat and try to keep it to myself and my close advisors. I do, however instruct Anurano to make attempts to track and make efforts to keep them from advancing past ours combined.

Within Urnekah, I begin propaganda based on living for your nation. Speeches are held and events are gathered to support citizens willingly advancing their nation so it may aid them in return. Welfare is now pulled from those too old or disabled to work, however welfare support is increased for people based on how much time they dedicate to empowering Umekah.

It is highly supported that people take care of their relatives who are no longer receiving
welfare.
"Community is the greatest virtue."
>>
Our empire doesn't have the strongest military. Let's introduce conscription in Anurano.
>>
>>59402
Btw OP maybe in the future if this thing kicks off, you should reconsider the first four posts thing.
>>
>>59557
>Btw OP maybe in the future if this thing kicks off, you should reconsider the first four posts thing.
For sure. For now this is just a test run to see how things are going, how fast I can edit, how many players will be here on a daily basis etc.

Feel free to throw around suggestions/ideas, I don't have anything against it. Like I said earlier, this instance is mostly to see how things go. I will make changes along the ride if there is enough demand for it.

Also, new turn in the upcoming 10~ minutes.
>>
File: Turn-3.png (765KB, 540x2739px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-3.png
765KB, 540x2739px
Turn 3

NOTE: Ditched the "Turns" tabs aswell, because it slows down editing.

[GALAXY NEWS]

Homeworld

Acenata - New military laws thwarted
The proposed laws have been stalled by the local banking ring
"Fight your own damn wars." - Noble

Entirius sends tourist group to Mehmetia
Tourists feel the need to explore the interesting culture of Mehmetia
"I heard they have beautiful beaches." - "Tourist"

Urnekah propaganda met with slight resistance
Most citizen welcomed the new policy
"I have no relatives close by, this reduction does not please me." - Elderly citizen
Finance +1 Happiness -1

Anurano conscription
New law accepted even though the planet wide protested
"This arms race is just a waste of taxpayer money!" - Citizen
Power +1 Happiness -2

Civilizations

Mehmetia
Our spies have gathered intel on Mehmetia's possible terrorist attack on Nekonyaa

You have 1 new message
>>
>>59748
Entirius: We need to find out what happened in Lunixia. Dispatch another team of secret agents and to disguise themselves let them have PC with gentoo as main OS. I bet Lunixian people browse /g/
>>
>>59748
Welp since the banking ring are not going to help, maybe we could put them to use for something else. If we can't train soldiers we might just have to get a trade going. Trading some metal with the Bergons but I'd like to see their wares first.
>>
A note about espionage. Spies in general, once sent, will remain on a planet and will gather new intel when possible... unless they are caught that is.

NOTE:
So far I'm gathering info about gameplay stuff, measuring how long does it take for me to edit etc., so I can get a better understanding of how things can work better. This the first quest I'm doing, so I might make a mistake or two, but I'll see how I can improve things for the future.

Like I said earlier, if you have ideas that I should consider, please do tell since it will be a great help to see what people like and what they don't like about the game as a whole.
>>
>>59825
They'll probably rip us off jew to being shekels, oy vey.
>>
>>59832
How will you manage wars?
For now I'm enjoying not having to roll
>>
>>59748
Urnekah rejects the diplomacy attempts as per usual.

Big businesses are secretly taken over overnight, with the officials of the businesses being replaced with puppeted look alikes. With this change, prices on general goods are lowered to walmart prices to encourage spending and making luxury more available.

To work these businesses more effectively, prisons have been reworked to both save money and encourage fear of law breaking. The more severe the crime is, the worse the living conditions for the prisoner are. Additionally, Death Row is replaced with permanent slavery to labor factories with armed supervision by trusted soldiers, sworn to secrecy.

Media is no longer allowed to investigate businesses or prisons, and the slavery is kept a well guarded secret.
>>
>>59876
I'm juggling some ideas to improve combat, and trying out some dice roll on the side not related to the game instance.

Truth be told, most concepts are in a very young stage of development and I'm leaving them open to see sort of system would work best.

Info like:
>For now I'm enjoying not having to roll
gives me indications on what people think of the current system, and that's good to know for future planning.

Again to everybody, don't hesitate to just throw your thoughts about the current game state, it helps a lot.

For now the priority things are game scheduling, the time span where I can be active, if the game is going to be fast in sessions or during the whole day, are the player seats going to be fixed or anybody can join in etc. etc.

By the way, taking a short break and will return really soon.
>>
>>59966
I see. Any idea on when you'll do next session? I'm leaving now
>>
>>59966
I too enjoy not having to roll. I feel a strong attachment to Umekah, and picked it specifically so I wouldn't have minimal opposition to my decisions.
I often leave quotes and eventually plan on building a statue of myself. W00T.

Just for reference, anything I say about any of the other homeworld planets is not what they will actually do, it's what "Hamlet of Urnekah." is asking them to do. Of course, if nobody posts for them then go ahead.
>>
>>60044
For now, the next session will be tomorrow around the same time I started the thread, maybe an hour or so earlier.
>>
Since some need to leave due to time constraints and whatnot, I just want to leave some info so people know what I plan to do for tomorrow:

I also have an hour or so left, then I will continue tomorrow. In the meantime tomorrow during the day I will think about the results of the test today, and will possibly make some changes. I will save the progress of course, the goal would be to try to finish the game even with some changes down the road.
>>
>>60072
Same as you, I feel a sort of bond with Acenata.

>>60105
On a Civ thread that I was on, there were 3 slots for each tribe and the three people discussed and made the decisions democratically. The thread was more active and more fun but the turns were a bit slow. I'd say the compromise is worth it.

P.S. I've been the Acenata person all along, switched to mobile data.
>>
>>60143
I don't actually think that he was one of the players. That was his first post under that tag.

Also, Anurano needs a leader.
Just a note to anyone scrolling by in the forums.
>>
>>60182
Does it?
I'm pretty sure no one is "assigned" to a planet. We're just a federal council which gives commands to the governments of the planets
>>
>>60226
From what I have seen thus far, the first people to show up are the main leaders and anyone who wants to join a nation is more of an advisor and less of a fellow official.

You are our Anurano guy, seeing as you are the only person to ever give them an order. I thought you had left.

P.S, OP still needs an Anurano demand, be our hero.
>>
I've noted all the changes and jazz in my personal archive, in case something happens to the thread by chance, so I have a backup.

Since I have a hour to spend before I need to go myself, I'd rather spend this the time discussing a few things before we go ahead, if that's ok with you guys.

First, I'm pretty new to hosting quests, and I'd like to provide a fun and entertaining time. I've lurked a bit in the Civ threads among others. I had this idea for the game, and I think that most of the concepts are on a good path for the future, however they are in need of fine tuning.

As anon here mentioned the topic >>60226
My initial thoughts was to make the game a some sort of "free-for-all", meaning that the game is simulating a parliament where a lot of players exchange, but now I think that it might be too chaotic.

What are your guys thoughts on people claiming a planet and having control over it until the end of the game? I think that it would provide more stability. I noticed that a some anons like the connection they have with their planet, and I think that it can provide more interesting outcomes than a "chaotic change of power".
>>
>>60322
I quite enjoy claiming, though I feel that more planets would be neccessary for one of the "Front Page 3 days in a row" kind of thread. Perhaps two homeworlds instead of one would be interesting.

If you are fine with running relatively smaller sessions, than go ahead, i absolutely love this.
>>
>>60322

>>60347
Agreeing with everything here, love it too.
>>
>>60347
>>60363
Alrighty then, we will proceed with these ideas for the next session tomorrow. So for now I will consider "Hamlet Of Urnekah - /pILUwFx" and "Acenatan Ambassador - n2nEAmdm" as the planets respective leaders.

So, would "uGCvmUgE" like to claim Entirius, and " 77lgHx5e" Anurano respectively, so that we have a full house for tomorrow?

On a sidenote, I do apologize if I made any mistake/miscalculations so far. My goal was to try to offer a new type of game that isn't just a copy of other games. The cost of that is the somewhat chaotic start until we figure out what would work best.

Also thank you all for the compliments so far.
>>
>>60460
The images must have taken you a long time to get right, really great work. Also here's a tripcode in case my IP changes.
>>
>>60460
Alright then, I'm claiming Anurano.
>>
>>60486
>Also here's a tripcode in case my IP changes
I would encourage everybody else to do the same, just as a backup plan if things go south with the thread for some reason. It's a small chance, but better be safe than sorry.

So here is a changelog for tomorrow:

There are leaders for each planet that stay in that position until the game ends
For now I think that 4 plants will be enough, just to keep things small and simple for this game instance.

Anymore thought/wishes you guys have that I should take under consideration regarding gameplay and whatnot for tomorrow?

>>60563
Thanks for the reply. Add yourself a tripcode if you'd like as well.

We have three leaders filled, that leaves just Entirius if I recall correctly.
>>
>>60605
I'd recommend adding some more civilizations. Perhaps some multi-planet ones as well.
>>
>>60460
Here is mine as well.
>>
File: layout.png (17KB, 960x548px) Image search: [Google]
layout.png
17KB, 960x548px
>>60653
Speaking of the devil, I actually have some new civilizations in the works. I will take note of that for the long run. For now I will focus on refining the set of rules that we have now. The ones that were mostly positive to all players I will leave unchanged, I might tweak others, and maybe add new ones.

On a final note, how did you guys like the game screen layout design? I'm thinking of putting the civilizations panel to the right of Homeworld panel rather than under, I guess it would be easier to compare stats between them side by side.

Picture related, thoughts?

>>60742
Much appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>60802
I think it is fine as is, but I don't see any harm in changing it if that is what you want to do.
>>
>>60852
The reasoning behind it is that it might be easier to compare stats and check out multiple things, rather than constantly scrolling up and down, especially for people with smaller monitor sizes, or tablets.

I'll fiddle with it tomorrow before I host another session, and I'll see what results I get.

In any case, I think the game went pretty solid so far. Thank you everybody for participating and I hope you had fun. The next session will be tomorrow around the same time, maybe an hour earlier, I will post further info in the thread before the new session starts if need be.
>>
I'm willing to join as Entrius.
>>
>>61003
The earliest I am available is 3:00 ( Eastern Time Zone )
>>
>>60460
I'm both
>>60044 and
>>59824

Is your offer still up or it's "First come First serve"?
>>
>>63879
I'll open up a additional slot for you, I've been meaning to add another Homeworld planet, and also another civilization as well.
>>
In about 2 hour from this post, I will post the changelog for v0.2 of the ruleset. During this time I will answer any questions that might arise, and talk about the changes with people that are interested.

I will start the next session a hour later after I post so people have some time to read the new info, also to wait for the majority of players to arrive.
>>
blue]CHANGELOG v0.2[/blue]

Cosmetic

Redesigned the game screen

In the "Galaxy News" post, all civilizations are visible and have three new info outlets that will appear periodically.
News: Law and policy news similarlly to Homeworld
Spies: Reports of secret government plans. Secret agents are always present on all planets, no need to send them, even if some get caught. They only need orders.
Trade: Items that the civ is offering for trade. For simplicity, browse what you are interested in, and offer a trade deal in a message to the civ.

I recommend getting a name and tripcode, use a combination of a title and the planet for the name. Example: "Dictator of Anurano". I will register you under your name with the tripcode, so you can post from whatever device you wish without the confusion of ID change due to IP change.

Add the following in the "Name" field when you post: "Name#password". Example: "Dictator of Anurano#RedEagle"

Gameplay
Added a new Homeworld planet
Added a new Civilization

Each leader can now issue one command for their own planet, and one additional command to a civilization.
Example: In a single turn, you can assign a new law to your planet, and can send a trade offer to a civilization.

Commands now need to follow a simple template form, to make things more readable for everybody. Flavor text is optional, but encouraged since it also affects gameplay.

Format:

[planet name]
[command text]

[Civ name]
[command text]

Post example:

Anurano
Add a new law that reduces taxes

Mehmetia
Offer 10 tons of metal to trade for the space ship

Future ideas

//Player participation
The initial idea was to allow more players to exchange as the leaders during the game. However, I also want to respect the choice of people claiming a planet as their respective leader. The issue here is that some player may not be able to attend as often, and I want to keep things running smoothly, and maybe give a chance for others to step in.

This plan has it's pros and cons, and I'm currently look for ideas how to make it work, so that the majority of the players are happy with it.

MY CURRENT PLAN:
To have a "Leader" for a planet, and register him for that game. Additionally, register one substitute "General" to the same planet,
so if the "Leader" is not present, the substitute "General" can take over. If both are present during a session, they can cooperate.
In that case, maybe split the new "two actions rule" among the two players, so each player can make one action?

Feedback and suggestions to resolve this issue is top priority and highly appreciated.

//Twitter
For the next few days I'll still keep the game in a experimental phase.
If after a few days we get a higher number of players, I'll get a twitter acc to keep everybody informed.

//(Somewhat) Stable schedule
For the foreseeable future, sessions will be somewhere from 17:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC each day (5 pm UTC to 10 pm UTC), unless otherwise noted beforehand.
>>
Here is a tl;dr summary of the new things:

Cosmetic
Redesign of the game screen
The "Galaxy News" got some new features
Names and tripcodes are encouraged

Gameplay
New planet and new civ
Leaders now have two commands per turn, one for the planet, and one regarding interaction with the civs
Commands need to follow a simple template:

Format:

[planet name]
[command text]

[Civ name]
[command text]

Post example:

Anurano

Mehmetia

Future ideas
Try to find a way to make player participation more open for other newcomers if older players can't join for the session
The game will stay in a experimental phase for the next few days
Regular sessions from 17:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC each day (5 pm UTC to 10 pm UTC)
>>
>>66398
So a name like this? Ambassador doesn't sound like a leader's name.

Can't join right now, have urgent stuff to do.
>>
>>66529
Welcome back

>So a name like this? Ambassador doesn't sound like a leader's name.
Fine by me

>Can't join right now, have urgent stuff to do.
Any idea if you will join later on? You alright if we start without you for a turn or two?
>>
The list of players that claimed a planet (and I hope they join for today):

Current leaders
Urnekah - Hamlet Of Urnekah !7VbmF37e8s
Anurano - Chancellor of Anurano !.XIStktP9U
Entirius - Julius of Entruis !.C1yzIkjus
Acenata - Acenatan Bank C.E.O. !UkMDP5LSpQ
Nolavo (New planet) - This anon who need to chose a title >>63879
>>
>>66567
I'm here.
>>
>>66600
Welcome back.

We'll see how many people show up. If we won't have sufficient players, we'll try to improvise with leaders leading multiple planets, or introducing a "substitute general", and see how things go from there, but for now we'll wait for half an hour or so.

Anyway, I'm sorry if the changelog was a "wall of text", I would have formatted it into an image with fancy stuff, but I didn't have much free time today.

Find anything peculiar in the changelog?
>>
>>66635
The changelog looks good, don't have much to say about it.
You might want to put some things (tripcode, template, etc.) in the next OP though.
>>
>>66711
>You might want to put some things (tripcode, template, etc.) in the next OP though.
Most definitely. I'm already working on a revamped and easy-to-readâ„¢ tutorial. The first one was maybe a bit too much text and it might scare off potential new players in the future. So I will make a new one and try to explain the basics under 2-3 minutes of read time with more pictures and icons rather than text.
>>
In here, but still in school so I might have a bit of a delay between posts.
>>
I guess I will hang around and see how this game turns out.

On a side note I like the Orion feel I get from this.
>>
>>66814
If I recall correctly, you will be available at 3 pm ET, right? I think we can wait until then.
>>
>>66836
Thanks for joining! The game is currently under experimental phase and it's in constant improvement. If we won't have enough players for today, I'll be glad to sub you for today. Opinions and suggestions are highly encouraged, I don't mind at all.
>>
I gave the wrong time zone on accident, though I will be fully ready within 30-45 mins. I am still half ready in my current situation.
>>
>>66849
>I will be fully ready within 30-45 mins
I think that's ok, we started around the same time yesterday anyway.
>>
>>66857
Back earlier than expected.
>>
I'm here.
>>66567
Might have some delay between post like
>>66814
>>
So, status update:

Urnekah - Ready in 30~ minutes

Anurano - Ready

Entirius - Waiting

Acenata - Ready

Nolavo - Ready

Looks promising so far, I suggest we wait for Urnekah and we'll see if Entirius pops up as well. We'll see what happens in 30 minutes, and we'll go from there.

Anyway, thank you everybody for your patience. Be back soon.
>>
>>66882
Ready
>>
>>66986
Alright, we'll start in 10 minutes then.

Also looks like Entirius might not show up, would you anon >>66836, like to substitute?
If so, give yourself a tittle like the rest and get a tripcode.

So, for this session the new important thing is:

You can now post two commands in a single turn: one for your planet, and one action regarding a civ, be it trade, diplomacy, combat etc.

Also, please use the new format for commands, it will make my editing job easier and more importantly, faster.

Format:

[planet name]
[command text]

[Civ name]
[command text]

Post example:

Anurano

Mehmetia
>>
I'm here, and ready whenever.
>>
>>67019
Alright, scratch the substitute idea, it's a full house! Sorry for doubting you Entirius.
>>
That's it the, one final note, I know that some leaders have issued commands for turn 4 yesterday. I made some changes and added some stuff to the game screen. So if you wouldn't mind, check them out when I post the new turn image, and if you like you can make the same commands. You can also add an additional command per turn since the rules changed.

Alright, I'll post the new turn image in a moment.
>>
>>67025
Feel free to make >>66836 my "helper" if I don't reply in time
>>
>>67037
Noted, we'll see how things go.
>>
I guess I will see what happen then. Fine with watching if that's how it turns out.
>>
File: Space-Conquest-Turn-4.jpg (572KB, 960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Conquest-Turn-4.jpg
572KB, 960x1450px
Last time on SPACE CONQUEST!

The Homeworld is slowly growing in power.
Possible terrorist attacks on Nekonyaa by Memetian radicals
Mysterious health drop on Lunixia
Possible trade agreements with Bergon, oy vey!

I have no idea how those explosives got there, I swear officer!

Turn 4

[GALAXY NEWS]

Homeworld

Urnekah -
No news available

Anurano -
No news available

Entirius -
No news available

Acenata -
No news available

Nolavo -
No news available

Civilizations

Bergon
News:
Spy intel:
Trade: metals, scout ship, silicon, explosives

Mehmetia
News:
Spy intel: Possible terrorist attacks on Nekonyaa
Trade:

Nekonyaa
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:

Lunixia
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:

Amazonus
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:
>>
>>67061
Depending if Nolavo will have trouble with posts, I'll prompt you to command the planet.

Thanks for your understanding, I hope you find the game interesting for future sessions.
>>
>>67081
Nolavo
Time to increase our intelligence and Security sector. New law gives Nolavo's agencies more freedom to work

Nekonyaa
Open diplomatic relationship, we need to know our enemies
>>
>Acenata
Start mining for resources in the nearest asteroid belt, see what we can gather.

>Bergon
Trade metal for scout ship, give the Jews a few shekels.
>>
>>67081
Urnekah
Urnekah shall institute Celebrity Culture. Community service construction is turned to creating celebrity based buildings, such as record labels, sports fields, and movie sets. Events such as "Umekah's Got Talent" are held to single out the merchandisable and talented. All celebrity contracts are held by the government, and forces these celebrities to be hard working role models for the Urnekah youth.

Urnekah reaches out to Lumixia, offering to ally in researching more efficient Anti-Air technology.
>>
Anurano
Let's manufacture more advanced weapons with some of the metal we got. This should create new jobs to tackle our unemployment rate.

Mehmetia
Let our spies gather more intel on the terrorist attacks. Which group did this? What was their motivation? Could the government be involved?
>>
>Entrius
Increase taxes significantly on the wealthy, leave the low-middle classes alone.

>Diplomacy
Don't do anything.
>>
Generating next turn, posting it shortly
>>
File: Space-Conquest-Turn-5.jpg (613KB, 960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Conquest-Turn-5.jpg
613KB, 960x1450px
Turn 5

Homeworld

Urnekah - Culture reforms
Citizens rejoice, happy with the new programs
"This is amazing, why didn't they do this sooner?" - Citizen
"It's time to deploy the subliminal mess... I mean, educational shows." - Popular Media house director
Happiness +1

Anurano - Weapons production
New weapon added to inventory

Entirius - Incrased taxes for the rich
Citizens rejoice, however the wealthy nobles do not think kind of this new law
"Finally, time to tax those bastards" - Citizen
"This is an outrage!" - Noble
Finance +1 Happiness +1

Acenata - New mining operations
Acenatan bankers invest a lot of money into the mining sector, but nothing substantial has been found
"God damn it! My money!" - Banker

Nolavo - Security sector reforms
The proposed laws would give more freedom to the security sector, citizens sceptical
"They are spying on us, I swear!" - Citizen
"If you have nothing to hide, you don't need to worry." - Citizen
Politics +1

Civilizations

Bergon
News: Various construction projects on way due to influx of quality metal
Spy intel:
Trade:

Mehmetia
News:
Spy intel: Scheduled terrorist attack on Nekonyaa, Mehmetian government likely involved
Trade:

Nekonyaa
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:

Lunixia
News: Reports on possible nuclear reactor malfunctions that caused damage to planet, investigation on way
Spy intel:
Trade:

Amazonus
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:
>>
>Entrius
Introduce a new, government-run bank, using fractional reserve banking. This bank prints it's own currency, but a majority of the newly printed cash is secretly withheld and not put into circulation.

>Diplomacy
Spy on those Amazonians, make sure those Gizorpazorps don't do anythings dangerous.
>>
>>67403
Urnekah
Quite impressed by Entirius's generally accepted tax reform, Hamlet puts the same into place. "No longer shall class restrictions divide Urnekah!"

Dear Nekonyaa
While we mean no harm, we must inform you that any form of close supervision will not be tolerated. Urnekah's people are happy, and you are in no position to attempt ruining that.
~ Hamlet
>>
>>67403
Nolavo
Time to cut our militari budget: let's invest on mining

Amazon
Open diplomatic channel
>>
>>67403
Anurano
Increase security to make sure our planet doesn't get terrorized by these filthy sand-creatures.

Mehmetia
We would like an answer from the Mehmetian ambassador regarding these terror attacks, contact him.
>>
>>67403
>Acenata
National Holiday: Cheapskate Day
The people gather to sell each other items, much like a mass garage sale and they try to run each other up[ as much as possible.

>Lunixia
Tell us about your problems and we may be able to help you (financially).
>>
Generating new turn, last time I had to take care of something for second, this turn should be faster, new image in 10~minutes
>>
File: Space-Conquest-Turn-6.jpg (622KB, 960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Conquest-Turn-6.jpg
622KB, 960x1450px
Turn 6

Homeworld

Urnekah - Tax reforms
Citizens rejoice, the banking ring however is engaging in shady practices
"I'm glad the government is taking care of it's citizens" - Citizen
"Ahem, please accept this small donation, don't mind the envelope" - Banker
Finance +1 Politics -1

Anurano - New anti terrorist measures
In fear of terrorist attacks, security has been put on a high level
"As long as we are safe, I have nothing against it" - Citizen
Power +1

Entirius - New bank policy
The economy booms, citizens suspicious
"Something fishy is going on" - Citizen
"Somebody pinch me, am I in heaven?" - Banker
Finance +2 Happiness -1

Acenata - National Holiday: Cheapskate Day
Citizens rejoice, small local economy sectors boosted
"This nuclear powered cheese grater is on sale for a killer price!" - Citizen
Finance +1
Acenata has hit max finance level!

No response from Lunixia

Nolavo - New mining operations
The mining drones have found big pockets of silicon and gold
"Time to pop the champagne!" - Miner
Finance +2

Breaking news: Terror attack on Nolavo!
Investigation found no leads
Nolavo Health -2

Civilizations

Bergon
News:
Spy intel: Bergon is making trade agreements with other civilizations, not enough intel to confirm
Trade:

Mehmetia
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:

Nekonyaa
News: Terror attack on Nekonyaa! Health -1
Spy intel:
Trade: metals, biomass, fuel

Lunixia
News: Terror attack on Lunixia! Health -2
Spy intel:
Trade:

Amazonus
News:
Spy intel: Amazonians are spreading war propaganda in neighbouring civilizations, not respecting anybody who isn't like them. As expected from a nation run by matriarchy.
Trade: scout ship, mining drones
>>
>Entrius
Decrease crime by inserting a multitude of undercover agents with orders to secretly dispose of any serious criminals, mainly in places with high crime rates.

>Diplomacy
Attempt to send a small group of the planets strongest women to the Amazonians in an effort to convince them that our nation is secretly run by women, but posed as a patriarchaleader society as to earn the trust of "filthy men".
>>
Anurano
Corruption is widespread in our parliament, we should start investigating it thoroughly.

Mehmetia
It seems the Mehmetians don't want to talk. Our spies should generate unrest among them.
>>
>Acenata
Use our financial power to research military equipment and get our top boffins to come up with something amazing.

>Nekonyaa
Tell them we had intel that they were going to be attacked, show them proof and tell them that we may keep them up to date with what's happening if they help us bring down the Jihadists a peg or two.
>>
did we gas the space kikes yet?
>>
>>67704
Urnekah begins research on a technology capable of doing something similar to "Ddosing" against a space ship's controls. Meanwhile, the celebrities are making military work the new cool thing.

A message is sent to Amazonus that the recent terrorist attacks have been against nations with women in positions of power, including Nekonyaa where their /Leader/ is a woman.
>>
>>67859
For what reasons anon? They haven't done nothing wrong yet
>hand rubbing intensifies
>>
>>67919
well, I suppose it's handy to have some evildoers in the game

are there any spots left in the game? what do I do if there are no spots left? just be an advisor/shitposter?
>>
>>67968
Thanks for taking an interest. Currently the game is in a very early stage, v0.2 to be exact, and I'm still trying to work on some ideas how to enable new players to join.

The session is slowly coming to an end, so I would recommend to lurk for today. Tomorrow I will most likely work on some game improvements and post results.

You are free to pitch in and give your own suggestion on how to potentially introduce new players without causing much shistorms, because I'm trying to figure that out myself.
>>
You there, Novalo?
>>
>>67968
You can post a command for Nolavo if you like. The guy said that he will probably have trouble posting at some time.

I'd like to start generating a new turn so the other players don't want as long, and slowly wrap things up for this session.
>>
>>68091
*don't wait as long
>>
Or I will just add a "custom AI event" to Novalo. It would be rude to keep the other players waiting for too long. Generating next turn, delivery under 10 minutes.

Also, this is going to be the last turn, feel free to read the results but please hold unto your decisions for tomorrows session.

I'll post some closing words after the new turn is generated.
>>
File: Space-Conquest-Turn-7.jpg (694KB, 960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Space-Conquest-Turn-7.jpg
694KB, 960x1450px
With this turn I'd like to close this session for today. I want to post some finishing words after this post, but I need to take care of something quick, be back in 15 minutes to post some final thoughts for today.

As noted before, save your commands for Turn 7 until tomorrow

Turn 7

Homeworld

Urnekah - Secret tech research

Anurano - Anti corruption measures
Investigation leads to dead end, in a twist of irony, it seems that the local police force might be corrupted
"Take this... gift... I was never here." - Banker

National spies caught!
What a scandal, our own government is participating in shady spying. Nation wide protests
"This is an outrage, it wouldn't surprise me that our government has something to do with these recent terror attacks" - Citizen
Happiness -2

Entirius - Crime sweep
During the last crime sweep, many radicalised criminals jailed
"I was always suspicious of my neighbours, I heard them listen to some propaganda clips" - Cititzen
Happiness +1

Acenata - New military tech researched

Nolavo - Mysterious package!
Large amounts of gold and silicon have been delivered to Nolavo, sender unknown
Silicon and gold added to inventory

Civilizations

Bergon
News:
Spy intel: Bergon engaging in shady activities, need further investigation to find reasons
Trade:

Mehmetia
News:
Spy intel: Fuck, we've been uncovered! Send backu... [radio silence]
Trade:

Nekonyaa
News: Nekonyaa slowly recovering form terror attacks
Spy intel:
Trade:

Lunixia
News:
Spy intel: Hey boss, things are a bit quiet here, too quiet.
Trade:

Amazonus
News:
Spy intel:
Trade:
>>
I wanted to cut this session short for an hour, because I need a bit of feedback from you guys. I would appropriate if you could spent a few moments answering the following few questions, it would help me a lot with further game development. Other lurkers that are following the game can join as well.

>How do you feel about the planet stats?
Do you think they have a big impact on the your decision making? Do you think that four stats are too many or too little?

>Pacing of the game, too slow, too fast?
How do you feel about it, should the game be faster or slower?

>Civilization and Homeworld planet count
Too many or too little? I'm thinking of building up a roster of civs and then picking a few for a single game instance in the future.

>AI/QM events in case of player missing
What do you think about the last even on Nolavo? Should there be a timer, like 30 minutes for the player to give a command, otherwise I play a AI/QM event to fill the place? Should lurking anons be given a chance to fill in?

>General thoughts
How is your experience so far with the game? How would you rate my hosting so far? Please be honest, I won't get offended, on the contrary, it will help me work on things in the future

You don't have to write a whole essay, a sentence or two in each question would suffice.

I'll stick around for a hour or so if people would like to additionally discuss something about the game. Again, thank you everybody for participating and I hope you had a fun time.
>>
>>68439
Could make it clearer that the number on the planet is it's HP at a glance. Also it's sometimes hard to make a decision while thinking about the level of each stat and how that will affect the outcome.

>Pacing of the game, too slow, to fast?
Maybe 20~30 mins per round. Longer maybe if people are actively brainstorming ideas.

>Civilisation and Homeworld planet count
10 planets to think about is quite a lot, new lurkers might get confused and not want to play.

If you're feeling cruel, just let the planet do nothing :3

>General thoughts
Well planned game and I like that you are asking us our opinions about it afterwards.
>>
>>68439

>Planet Stats
Planet stats are fine, and I find myself revolving nearly every decision I make upon them.

>Pacing
Pacing is just fine in my opinion. It's nice to play in "the background" while I do other tasks.

>Civilization/Homeworld count
I really don't have an answer for this. On one hand there's the "Let the anons join in and make new planets" which is bad, and the "Shut them out" hand. I can't choose one, because in my opinion both are sort of bad? I really don't know.

>Missing player
I'd suggest letting a planet leader choosing 1 person to be the backup instead of just letting random anons do it for the simple fact that it could mess everything up. If the backup isn't there, then just resort to the AI idea.

>General Thoughts
Very fun. I usually find myself laughing a little bit every time I read the little quotes by people.
>>
>>68439
First I'd like to apologize, but I won't be home until monday. About the game,
1) Maybe it's not too clear how much stats matters
2) If you mean upadates, that's fine. As for the pace, that's made by players, isn't?
3) Game just started, so 4 or 5 civs are fine. If and when they'll become boring you should start making new ones
4)Put a time limit and let anons fill in if they don't give orders too retarded.

As for random thoughts, I like being able to do 2 actions each turn and the idea of the news
Again, I'm sorry
>>
>>68518
>Could make it clearer that the number on the planet is it's HP at a glance.
I agree. This weekend when I have some more free time, I will work on a tutorial that is simple and easy to read rather than a wall of text.

>Also it's sometimes hard to make a decision while thinking about the level of each stat and how that will affect the outcome.
I'm having a lingering though as well. I will look into it to find some solution that would balance thing out, maybe streamline some stuff without making it too simple.

>10 planets to think about is quite a lot, new lurkers might get confused and not want to play.
Same as above, I will look into it.

>If you're feeling cruel, just let the planet do nothing :3
Yeah a good point.

>Well planned game and I like that you are asking us our opinions about it afterwards.
Thanks and I'm always eager to hear what people think. As a QM you tend to think differently than a player in some situations, and sometimes I think I might be biased on some things so I like to hear what others thinks. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
>>
>>68535

>Planet stats are fine, and I find myself revolving nearly every decision I make upon them.
Interesting to hear. I was thinking of maybe implementing a few changes. Fear not, the main principles of the game will stay the same.

>Pacing is just fine in my opinion. It's nice to play in "the background" while I do other tasks.
I share the same opinion. My initial goal is to have a "background" feel to it, like you mentioned. I'm still trying to decide should I make the game more oriented towards sessions or use another format.

>I really don't have an answer for this.
Yeah, I'm really conflicted myself. I sometimes think that maybe there are too many planets. I'll look into a possible revamp of some stuff during the weekend.

>I'd suggest letting a planet leader choosing 1 person to be the backup instead of just letting random anons do it for the simple fact that it could mess everything up. If the backup isn't there, then just resort to the AI idea.
Yeah, I'm currently thinking of that as well. I'm drawing some paralels between my game concept and the civ games on /qst/.

>Very fun. I usually find myself laughing a little bit every time I read the little quotes by people.
Thanks, coming up and writing those quotes is pretty fun as well. However my favorites are the messages, especially Bergon and Mehmetia.
>>
>>68607
>First I'd like to apologize, but I won't be home until monday.
No problem, don't sweat it. This is a test run after all, I am still figuring out what would work best as gameplay.

>Maybe it's not too clear how much stats matters
Yes, the v0.1 tutorial could probably put someone to sleep by just gazing at the wall of text, it's in dire need of optimization.

>If you mean upadates, that's fine.
Yeah, I meant updates, was a bit unclear on that.

>Game just started, so 4 or 5 civs are fine. If and when they'll become boring you should start making new ones
Noted, I have some ideas for new ones, I'll letting them sit on the log for future plans

>Put a time limit and let anons fill in if they don't give orders too retarded.
I'm thinking about this more and more. I'll probably have to test it out at some point to see the results.

>I like being able to do 2 actions each turn and the idea of the news
Noted
>>
Well, it's time for me to get going.

I will spend some time tomorrow thinking about some ideas and comparing them to the feedback I got in the past two days.

The core concepts that I don't want to change, and I think most people really liked are:
>Galaxy news
>Civ messages and banter
>Issuing commands

However I will look into tweaking, changing and even revamping other stuff.

In any case, I will post more detailed info on how I will proceed and how to deal with the auto-sage tomorrow, since we are close to being 72 hours up regarding the thread. Once again, thank you for participating.
>>
>>68439
Sorry I'm late, had to run off to soccer.
Planet stats were a very big deal to me, though it constantly hurt that my city had the lowest start stats.
>Pacing of the game, too slow, too fast?
I have a lot of time so of course I'd favor a faster game, but it was a well paced game, I'd say.

>Civilization and Homeworld planet count
I think it works out best to have equal if not more civilization planets, so that they can form counter alliances.
15-20 mins is the max it takes if actively playing and thinking ahead.

>General thoughts
Very fun, would love to see how fun war would be with a larger group. Small group growth rivalries were pretty awesome too.
>>
After a lot of consideration, there seems to be a handful of people interested in playing Space Conquest. I feel bad that there are a number of people that potentially want to join, yet due to the current game mechanics that would be somewhat of an issue I feel.

On the topic of mechanics, I think that the game might be a bit too complicated at first glance for a lot of newcomers that might be off-putting.

After receiving a good chunk of feedback, I decided to scrap a good chunk of the game, leaving the elements that were met mostly with positive feedback.

I want to open the game for more people, and taking inspiration from the current civ games that are going on but don't worry, it won't be a copy of the formula, I have some interesting ideas in mind.

Will post updates later in the day.
>>
>>72285
How's the game coming along?
>>
>>74037
I'm working so on some new mechanics. I feel like the game is maybe a bit too complex for what I initially had in mind. I still want to keep the general idea of the game intact.

For now I don't think I'll run a session until I change some things. Depending on how fast I can revamp some things I might make a new thread with the updated gameplay this weekend, or at the start of the next week.

Like I said before, I'm still figuring out where I want to go with the game, but I'll be working on it for sure.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.