[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization/CYOA Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 12

File: Civilization (new).jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization (new).jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
Last thread ended with the death of Dorin, Last King of Constructs in valiant battle with the insects of the mana wastes.

Rules: Ties are won by first post
No rolling unless I specify
No Rerolls
Have fun!

First vote is for Race and Location

Op's QM Twitter: https://twitter.com/QMSaurn
>>
File: Civilization races.jpg (3MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization races.jpg
3MB, 2700x6000px
Also use this image for voting and reference
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10000)

>>56140
Machine Valley
>>
Votes will be locked in 5 minutes!

>>56155
I'll do my best to keep machines unlike Constructs. Advance apologies if they end up having similarities
>>
>>56153
Any way we can do underwater undead?
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

Arachni Haunted forest
>>
>>56169
I can do undead to but preferably not underwater. Spooky ghostie pirates of the carribean I think would get old quick
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

minotaur maze
>>
>>56140
Cyclops and vally.
>>
>>56169
This sounds more interesting. I change vote to this
>>
GOBLINS IN FOREST YO
>>
>>56169
Yeah I vote for this
>>
>>56178
I was thinking more sunken city, mainly staying underwater.
>>
Arachni in the haunted forest wins, give me a minute to write
>>
>>56169
im gonna attempt to get on mobile for this thread so ill have a dif name and id
>>
>>56225
This was me :p
>>
>>56223
Nice
>>
File: Haunted forest.png (108KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Haunted forest.png
108KB, 1152x648px
Ski'Thraak tended to her web judiciously, repairing each bit of imperfection with a carefully placed thread. She was a master weaver, even by the standards of her kind and it showed in her work. Each thread was masterfully spun to be thin as a wedding veil yet strong enough to capture a rampaging minotaur. She turned as she heard a strange sound, surveying the misty woods with her many eyes. The spirits had been active recently, wailing and howling about the dense trees and foggy depths of this cursed wood. Ski'Thraak stepped off her web and surveyed the area, this was a new grove she had found, one she thought would catch more prey than her previous cave. The other members of her clan twitched and awoke in the woven canopy above her. Another wail roused the remaining members, this time echoing from the North. Ski'Thraak grimaced to herself. This forest was a dangerous place, even to her kind.

A) Investigate wailing
B) Begin breeding
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+6 males+ Ski'Thraak
Food: 15 units
Time: Early Morning
>>
>>56331
B) Start breeding!
>>
(B)
>>
>>56331
A.) Have a scout investigate carefully, anything left to do as it pleases in this place may come back to bite us.
>>
Agree, B
>>
>>56331
>C)Build a web wall
Those spooky thing will snatch our babbies.
>>
>>56349
>>56350
>>56359
>>56360
Answers locked in 2 minutes
>>
>>56331
B.
>>
>>56363
we should do this but also build a web bridge across the ravine
>>
>>56377
We need to take the ravine, make it spider city!
>>
>>56384
plenty of land+verticality and webs=perfect
just need food and we can breed easily
>>
Ski'Thraak let loose a loud chitter to rouse the other members of her tribe. Slowly they awoke, spindly legs stretching over woven silk, there were 10 of them in total, 4 large females and 6 smaller males. Smaller and larger were relative terms in this case, the males were a good 6-7 feet from leg to leg with the females ranging from 12 to a daunting 18 feet across. Ski'Thraak watched impatiently at her sloth like brood members, though she could hardly blame them. Food had been scarce as of late and the rotting carcass of deer she was keeping embalmed would not feed everyone for long. She shook her abdomen slowly, signalling the start of a breeding session,. She could almost see the males shrink back in fear, knowing full well the dangers that breeding posed. The females seemed pleased by her command, their shiny black exoskeletons glittering in the morning light, they each grabbed a male, enveloping his duller brown body with their own. Amidst the sounds of breeding, the scraping and shuffling of exoskeleton, the mournful wails of the forest grew ever louder. Ski'Thraak found it hard to concentrate on the breeding process and felt her irritation stirring.

Roll 65 or higher to spare your mate
Roll 64< to kill him

Population: 4 Females+6 males+ Ski'Thraak
Food: 15 units
>>
sorry about the long post times guys. I fucking hate spiders, so writing about them doesn't come as easily to me as it did constructs.
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>56422
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>56422
Fuck roll this shit.
>>
>>56429
Don't blame me, I wanted undead.
>>
>>56429
told you goblins would be funny as shit
>>
>>56438
>>56434
I have to abide the will of the people in the thread, whatever makes the votes in the time limit wins. even if i hate spiders lmao
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>56422
>>
>>56446
Wew, a life saver. Saved our egg dump.
>>
I think it was damn good so far saurn I cant roll on mobile and I'm about to pass out its really late. Ima leave one thing before I go to bed though. Weirs
>>
>>56457
Are you on a droid or apple?
>>
>>56140
>no rerolls
>>
Ski'Thraak's anger at the wailing had reached a boiling point and she furiously bit into the skull of her mate, flooding the cavity beneath with virulent poison. She could feel the soft tissue beneath quickly becoming liquid as she drank in her meal. The mating ritual was complete, she had no use of the male any longer and felt little remorse for using him as food. As she released her lethal embrace she spun a robe of webs about the deceased male, ensuring he would stay fresh for a few more days. The other females had finished as well, with her mate being the only casualty, in a way she was glad, males were hard to come by at times.

A) Investigate Wailing
B) Hunt
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak
Food: 35 units
Time: Morning

Also vote for what kind of venom you want these spiders to have (Neurotoxin, corrosive, projectile, etc.)
>>
>>56478
investigate wailing while the rest build web defenses, also paralyzing neurotoxin
>>
>>56478
>paralyzing neurotoxin
Just to stun people if we need to.
A) Investigate Wailing
>>
>>56478
Nuerotoxin all the way. A.
>>
>>56478
voicing for venom

myotoxin
>act once inject/injury to wound
>attack and dissolve msucle tissue
>prey slowly lose strength
>>
The Arachni can mutate new venom glands to produce different types of toxins, however this will take 2 turns per unit, and the spider is rendered immobile.
>>
The wailing had worn through Ski'Thraak's legendarily thin patience. With a clack of her mandibles she bid another female to follow her and together they skittered through the woods. They traversed silently through the trees like great black shadows, or moved along the ground like bulbous bullets. The Arachni were the apex predator here, but the things that lurked in the dense mists. Those eyes that watched when you did not, it was enough to chill even an Arachni's venom. Finally they reached a clearing and silently listened for another wail. The spiders' hearing was rather poor, typically relying on sensory webs to alert them. But alas, this was a new area, and Ski'Thraak had been unable to weave her network of silken spies. The wailing came back, this time louder and seeming to come from all around, within the mist figures swam and ran. If they were not illusion then they were surrounded.

A) Charge into the mist
B) Attempt to retreat
C) Other

>>
>>56554
C attempt to to use magic on them, using anti-spirit wards/charms or light spells
>>
>>56554
C) Quickly spin some web lines and throw it around the ground
Maybe the monsters will triggered the lines so you can see them?
>>
>>56580
I agree that this is the best course of action.
>>
Ski'Thraak quickly wove thrin strands of web and shot it into the mist, acnhoring easch section at a point near her feet. Taking her lead , the female spider began to do the same, soon the ground was covered in silver strands. As the spiders waited, legs positioned delicately in between each thread, the wails of the mist grew louder and louder but no web moved or twitched. The figures in the mist drew ever closer but paused at the edge of the clearing, whatever magic remained in this place prevented the ethereal mob from encroaching on the Arachni and for that Ski'Thraak was grateful. Suddenly a thread tied to her back leg twitched and something darted through the forest.

A) Attack
B) Stay still
C) Other

>>
>>56604
A swipe at it
>>
>>56604
C)Be back to back with the other spider and defend yourselves
>>
>>56631
leg sweeps all day
>>
Ski'Thraak let out an angry hiss and jabbed a sharp leg at the rustling undergrowth. Her appendage struck something soft that wriggled as the tip of her leg pierced its flesh. Quickly Ski'Thraak pounced on the wounded creature, burying her gangs deep into the writhing flesh before dragging the prey into the clearing. It was a Tengu, and a particularly large one as well. Blood seeped from the puncture wounds along the creatures body as it wriggled before coming to a sudden halt. The poison had already taken its effect, such was the potency of an Arachni bite. The mist dispersed and wailing ceased as the feathered creature stopped moving. Ski'Thraak carefully began to bind the stunned prey in a silken coffin, intending to drag it back to camp.

A) Return to camp
B) Set snares
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak+ 1 Paralyzed Tengu
>>
>>56674
B set snares then return
>>
Set snares. Might find something nifty later
>>
Let me know what you guys think of this thread so far, I'm not really happy with my writing right now, so I'm going to close up the thread at around 1030 to write some notes and get rest. But I will certainly continue tomorrow if you guys want.
>>
>>56674
Snares.
>>
>>56674
>A) Return to camp
Maybe set traps if we have the energy.
>>
>>56707
If you don't like it we can start another story tomorrow/
>>
>>56707
it's not bad so far
>>
Ski'Thraak heaved the limp body onto her back and secured it with a generous net of webbing. Then her and the other female busied themselves with setting snares about the clearing and on the path back. It was slow going, each web taking minutes to ensure perfection across every inch. Ski'Thraak placed them expertly, her instincts telling her where the wildlife ran, or hooped, or crawled, or even flew. No space in this forest was safe from her webs and any being that dwelled below the thick canopy was hers to hunt. They made it back to camp after what had seemed like an eternity to the others and were now faced with a decision regarding their avian prisoner.

A) Use him for food
B) Interrogate him
C) Attempt Diplomacy
D) Other

Time: Afternoon
>>
>>56714
It's up to you guys. I do this for the readers as much as i do it for myself, If there is interest in the story, then I would be a poor QM to cancel it
>>
>>56736
>B) Interrogate him
Nicely at first.
>>
>>56736
C attempt diplomacy, if it doesnt work interrogate. depending on hostility, let go or eat
>>
>>56736
C). Apologize for attacking him and ask if it needs something?
>>
>>56742
i think there's pretty good potential here
>>
>>56742
You shouldn't force yourself to write something you don't like.
>>56749
Even if there is potential. OP should enjoy himself too.
>>
Ski'Thraak determined that it would be wise to attempt an alliance with the paralyzed bird, much to the apparent dismay of her brrodmates, who chittered in irritation at being denied a meal. Ski'Thraak silenced the rumblings with a sharp snap of her fangs before returning to the Tengu. The poison had worn off already, but he was bound tightly and his struggles did little to release him from his bondage. Ski'Thraak strung him up under a nearby tree before cutting through the bulk of her webbing. The Tengu seemed surprised when he saw the hulking spiders before becoming irate at his being attacked. Ski'Thraak recoiled a few steps at his animation, she was surprised he was so lively after the poisoning, his wounds seeming to have no effect on the tiny sorcerer.

A roll of 45 or greater is required to calm the Tengu
A roll of 44< results in catastrophe

>>
>>56759
I'd have to agree, you're far less likely to continue with a good game if you're not enjoying it yourself.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>56769
>>
>>56759
I'll make a decision tomorrow, I'm fairly tired so that might be coming into play here. I try my best to deliver a product you guys find enjoyable and keep you coming back, so I tend to be critical of myself to ensure you're getting the best i have to offer (Although Dorin as probably about as good as it's gonna get, I was pretty into that story haha)
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>56769
Wew
>>
>>56783
perhaps i should scrub rolls? I think in the last 6 ive called for they've all been horrific failures
>>
>>56769
Saurn, do you only take the first roll?
>>
>>56793
sure
>>
>>56784
Dorin was a badass. Make the right decision OP. I'm heading off too bed.. So night man.
>>
>>56793
eh, having failures makes for a better game, no one wants to win all the time.
>>
>>56795
That was generally my course of acton, but in light of recent events im willing to modify the system. I dislike writing series of unfortunate events, I'm no sadist

>>56800
Goodnight bro, thanks for being in my story!
>>
Ski'Thraak attempted to calm the enraged sorcerer, offering the carcass of the recently deceased male as tribute. The Tengu looked at the offering with disgust and admonishment before continuing to writhe and struggle against his bonds, squawking loud enough to wake even the dead that did not already walk in this forest. Once more a noisy creature tested Ski'Thraaks patience.

A) Interrogate
B) Use for food
C) Attempt diplomacy
D) Other

>>
>>56831
C diplomacy (tengu+arachni both have a minor diplo bonus with evil races=each other)
>>
>>56831
>C) Attempt diplomacy
Try it again.
>>
>>56831
C. Use spider magic to talk to it mentally
>>
Ski'Thraak decided to exercise the last of her patience attempting what little magic she knew to mimic the Tengu's speech. A horrific squawk emanated from her mandibles followed by a few chirps. The other spiders were impressed and taken aback, having never seen this ability before. All Arachni posses some level of magic due to the residual spirit energy present in everything they consume, however they know of no way to train it. Ski'Thraak owed all her power to how long she had been able to survive and breed successive generations.

A roll of 35 or greater is required to placate the Tengu
A roll of 34< results in catastrophe
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>56908
>>
>>56908
also, when are you gonna be on again tomorrow?
>>
That was my last post of the night, but I'm glad we can end the night on a good roll>>56919
I will update when I'll be running the thread on ym twitter, which is linked in the OP. I've got quite a few notes to prepare for this story. I'll try to have the thread running again by 4-5 pm california time.
Goodnight guys and thanks for being in my story!
>>
>>56934
night
>>
>>56934
Thank you for running. Goodnight
>>
Appreciate everything you do saurn and I think the writing is great
>>
File: download (15).jpg (9KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
9KB, 291x173px
>>
>>59361
hopefully we can ally with the tengu, they help us with their dark magic and we protect them
>>
>>59430
That would ideal
>tengu are like corbies right?
>>
>>59491
yeah but with shapeshifting, they could help augment our powers and make us appear even scarier
>>
Hi I'm relatively new to this board and have been lurking. How long until Saurn is supposed to be back? I'm a bit confused on the time difference shit
>>
>>59796
What time zone you in dog?
>>
>>59827
central standard time my nig I just needed to know about how many hours
>>
>>59838
Umm, what state?
>>
>>59872
Texas
>>
>>59889
Ah, you should only be an hour ahead of us, he usually starts at 3 (4 for you)
>>
>>59899
ok thanks lots
>>
>>59910
No problem man, also you should participate rather than lurking for now on
>>
>>59910
Oh, he's starting at 5-6 tonight, 6-7 for you
>>
>>59937
oh ok and I plan on participating I just came in right as yall finished up for the night
>>
>>59957
Were you in any of his previous threads?
>>
>>59984
sadly, no because I discovered this bored like 2 days ago
>>
>>60038
Ah, well welcome to the thread and welcome to the board as well
>>
>>60065
thanks and *board because im a dumbass
>>
>>60065
I hope i didnt piss saurn off with the spiders :P I really like it so far though spiders are swag as hell man
>>
>>60538
Idk, I don't think he's mad, although arachni are kinda a hard civ to write for.
>I've always really wanted to do a demon civ but I wasn't here for the beginning, I do think the spiders are pretty cool though
>>
>>60724
somebody else said that demons always devolve into magical realm
>>
>>60795
What do you mean? Like you end up playing in a magical realm or something else?
>>
>>60997
"magical realm" meaning it turns into slavery, fetishes and sex
>>
>>61325
Oh, lame, I just think really cool to play as them in post-apocalyptic city ruins or something
>>
Will be ready to QM in about 15 minutes!
>>
File: M'freedom.jpg (79KB, 714x806px) Image search: [Google]
M'freedom.jpg
79KB, 714x806px
>>61489
noice
>>
Alright guys I'm back and have made my decision regarding the continuation of our Arachni story. I'll write for you guys so long as their is interest, I've prepared a few pages of notes to help keep me on track.

What I would like to put to a vote, however, is the fate of Dorin. In a moment of being a poor story teller I'm not particularly happy with our King's unfortunate fate. So I thought of a few ways to continue his story, if you readers wish. I will finish this thread before returning to Dorin if the answer is yes, if not I will leave the King of constructs to his eternal slumber.
>>
>>61683
personally I would like to do a different race after this one but am fine with the idea of continuing the Dorin one
>>
>>61683
yes
>>
>>61709
I would also like a revote for race.
>>
>>61683
I would like to do either harpies or demons in the city ruins, but I'll participate in any civ you run
>>
>>61725
i say stick with this for now and we can decide on the next one later
>>
Votes seemed to be tied, so I'll recast the vote before i retire for the night
>>
Ski'Thraak focused her mind, attempting to channel what little magic she possessed into the calming the alarmed creature. As the tendrils of magic touched the squealing bird he froze, his eyes narrowing and looking into hers. He was intrigued at her knowledge of magic and began chirping questions at her at a rapid pace. She was unable to keep up, her magic already almost spent and his queries were coming faster than she could process. Finally he seemed to catch on that she was unable to answer his questions and so resigned himself to being let free.

A) Let him go
B) Interrogate
C) Use him for food
D) Other

>>
>>61856
A let him go but track where he's going, we can't understand him anymore so interrogation has no point
>>
>>61856
D.Can we make zombies out of things?
>If not, use it as food. We don't want him shit taking us.
>>
>>61872
+1
>>
>>61884
probably not, we know magic but unless we increase our numbers+research we cant really do much. tengu however are versed in dark magic so if we ally with them we could
>>
>>61872
+1
>>
>>61872
Plus 1
>>
Ski'Thraak could understand from the creatures pleading eyes that he wished to be freed from his bonds, and so cut the webbing holding him to the tree, even being gentle enough to catch the bird before it crashed to the earth. The Tengu looked at her many eyes with gleaming thanks in his before scurrying off into the underbrush, towards the ravine. The other spiders clattered and clicked in fury as the Tengu disappeared but were soon calmed as Ski'Thraak held up a spiny leg. Attached to her spinneret was a single silver thread, barely visible unless it caught the light just right. She had released the frightened prey, but he was not free of her traps yet. Soon she would know where he was going, where he had been, and a quick scouting mission would determine, with no exchange of words, the value of the little bird creatures.

A) Follow the thread immediately
B) Wait for the Tengu to stop
C) Other

>>
>>62031
B wait for the tengu to stop, meanwhile instruct the others to build more defenses+traps
>>
>>62066
+1
>>
>>62066
+1 also how long till the breeding is done and we have children?
>>
>>62031
C. Wait a bit but for him the tengu to catch distance but not enough for him to stop.
>>
>>62087
The spiders will lay eggs soon, but the egss will need time to hatch, additionally it will take some time for the hatchlings to mature. All in all maybe 20 turns from now.
>>
>>62031
B
>>
Ski'Thraak decided to wait for the Tengu to arrive at his home, in the meantime it was important to ready their nests for eggs, as well as place traps for predators and prey alike. She instructed the males to weave nests, large, hollow cocoons of web that the delicate egg sacs could be protected in. Next she commanded the females to lay sensor threads and various snares about the camp. Ski'Thraak herself was talented enough to weave while maintaining her thread, and did so, weaving a simple tapestry of stick silk along one of the pathways near her nest. She admired her work for a moment, sure that it would catch some hapless prey. Ski'thraak was experienced enough to know that only the dullest of creatures were caught by thick nets of woven web, it took cunning and skill to place the threads so perfectly, so delicately strung, that the prey had no choice but to be caught in her trap. And by then, it had been to late from the onset. Weaving had made her spiders hungry, and so they all began to devour what was left of the rotting carcass, soon only the skin and bones were left behind, the corpse drier than the desert itself. As Ski'Thraak commanded one of the males to dispose of the body, her spinneret twitched, detecting some slack in her line. Intrigued she watched the silver thread sway gently in the breeze, no movement could be felt from the other side. The wails of the forest had begun to stir again and the dense fog that usually blanketed the floor was rolling in again.

A) Follow the thread
B) Wait for the fog to roll over
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak+
Time: Dusk
>>
>>62184
A
>>
>>62184
follow the thread but tell the others to be wary of another attack and to watch over each other
>>
>>62208
+1
>>
>>62208
+1
>>
>>62208
Plus 1
>>
>>61357
I was the one who said it.Coming from /tg/ thats what always happens. Not to mention it gets boring being broken af stronk
>>
>>62323
You wouldn't want to be op so you'd have to start with 1-3 demons and a handful of teiflings
>>
>>62366
Everytime ivve played just one demon is still op. But desu it depends on the qm and saurns pgood so i bet he could do well with it

Also A but warn the others to be care..
>>
Sorry about that guys, one of the horses escaped its pen.
>>
>>62422
I actually know that feel. We have cows at my place. They get out the fence every once in a while and the cops try to scare them home with cars. Its pfunny to watch a cow jump over a police interceptor
>>
>>62386
I didnt type desu i typed but i guess...........
>>
>>62478
Ok that makes more sense
>>
>>62478
desu desu anon.
>>
>>62478
baka desu senpai
>>
Ski'Thraak began to gather her thread slowly, being sure not to cause any distress on the other side. As she wound she clacked that the other spiders be careful and to await her return. Wordlessly the other Arachni finished their webs and returned to their canopy, intending to move only when she returned. Ski'Thraak followed the thread as it wound West, skittering low to the ground as she kept one pair of eyes on the thread and the rest on her surroundings. The fog was growing thicker by the moment and figures could be seen through the misty veil. She was not concerned with the shadows that danced on the edges of vision, it was what she couldn't see that worried her. There were things in this wood that even she could not hunt, things that made the sensitive hairs covering her carapace stand on edge. Things that no venom or fang could ever hope to fell and that no web, no matter how masterfully woven, could ever catch. Soon she could see a clearing in the trees ahead, knowing she had reached the ravine, Ski'Thraak slowed her pace. She carefully stepped over and around the louder parts of the forest floor, traversing seamlessly from tree to ground and back to tree, her eight legs moving as silently as the embrace of death itself. Soon the thread flowed out into the open and up one of the many cliffs of the ravine. She would be exposed here, her massive black carapce would shine in the bright sunlight. She was sure she could handle herself against the Tengu, but they seemed to posses potent magic, magic she wished to avoid.

A) Follow the thread
B) Turn back
C) Other

Food: 20 units
>>
>>62518
A follow the thread, but be sure to appear nonmenacing if possible
>>
>>62518
A then attemp diplomacy
>I'm gonna take a shower I'll be back in a bit
>>
>>62518
A do the dance of diplomacy
>>62553
>a giant spider can be nonmenacing?
>>
File: see_nonmenacing.jpg (1MB, 1500x1068px) Image search: [Google]
see_nonmenacing.jpg
1MB, 1500x1068px
>>62561
except giant
>>
>>62554
+1
>>
Ski'Thraak conceded her only reasonable option was to be as non-threatening as she could. She considered waiting for nightfall, but decided her natural camouflage would only startle the creatures more. Taking the thread deftly again she began her ascent up the rock face. The going was somewhat difficult, her spindly legs dug deep into the rock, but her immense weight pulled huge gashes of loose stone from the wall. She ascended slowly, carefully coiling the thread beneath her as she walked, it might prove useful if her negotiation attempts went poorly. Soon she had made it to the top of the cliff , the sun burned brightly as it faded beneath the horizon, further masking her presence, a boon she was thankful for. She surveyed the camp carefully, trying to discern if diplomacy was really worth her time, or if these creatures were useful only for meals. The camp was large, easily twice the size of her own, but spread out over many rocky outcroppings and clifftops. There were quite a few of the queer black birds here, most of them touting some sort of wood and bone staff as they chirped and squawked at each other. There were nests here as well, each filled with eggs and guarded by a stationary bird. In the center of the cliff top was a large fire, which many of the Tengu knelt before, burning various items and chirping in a chant like manner. Ski'Thraak spun a safety web, a thick gob of webbing at the edge of the cliff, attached to her via a small thread. She knew better than to move on unprepared.

A) Move into the center of the camp
B) Confront the Tengu
C) Retreat
D) Attack
E) Other

>>
>>62603
Thats menacing as fuck to me btw, 0/10 would not be diplomatic with
>>
>>62657
B confront them, get their attention and bow before them, try to communicate
>>
>>62657
E.)Walk as close as you can and raise your front legs using your best magic to send out one word.
"Peaceful."
>>
>>62703
+1
>>
Ski'Thraak knew being tentative would arouse suspicion and so decided to take the initiative. Stepping out into the light of the fire with slow but deliberate steps, she clacked her mandibles loudly to signal the Tengu of her arrival. The Tengu were stunned at first as the massive spider stepped into their camp, but their fear soon turned to anger at the fearsome predator. One on one they might have been no match, but here in superior numbers, the hulking arachnid held no chance. Ski'Thraak bowed her many eyed head low and mustered what magic she could to chirp out a call for peace. The alarmed Tengu were taken aback, just as the other had, their spells frozen on their black beaks. From within the throng a black mist began to blow forth, and Ski'Thraak felt fear for the first time in her life. The air turned thick as the malevolent magic blanketed the area and from the fog marched a hideous beast. The creature stood 12 feet tall, with a crown of twisted horns and eyes that gleamed like fire. It walked on its knuckles, but Ski'Thraak could see the deadly claws attached to each finger. She had never seen a creature like this before, it's brown skin was covered in armored bumps while it's lips parted to reveal row after row of razor sharp teeth. The creature bellowed, shaking the stones at her feet, before taking a few steps forward, snorting as if issuing a challenge.

A)Retreat
B) Attack
C) Wait
D) Other

>>
>>62878
C wait and stand your ground, but if it charges at you attack it
>>
>>62878
Hail the king bowing and trying your best to send a mental massage.
>>
>>62878
A retreat
>>
>>62878
Break dance for peace.
>>
>>62878
C
>>
>>62878
Stand ground With head bowed screeching peace

Were commited now boys
>>
Ski'Thraak stayed still and kept her head bowed, if this was the king of these strange birds, then she would have no hop of negotiations without his approval. Again she attempted to speak, but her efforts were in vain, the great monstrosity before her roared and charged, its great steps thundering across the stone. Ski'Thraak remained still, it was possible the creature was trying to intimidate her and would kill her if she moved. As the beast drew ever closer Ski'Thraak began to regret her gall more and more. She tensed her legs, hoping to dodge the moment the beast would strike and be off the cliff on her safety line. As she focused however, she could hear the padding on tiny feet behind her, followed by a shrill shriek. It was the wounded Tengu she had released earlier, chirping and shrieking frantically as it placed itself before her and the charging behemoth. The great brown creature slowed to a halt before roaring at the tiny bird, its attention no longer aimed at the frightened spider.

A) Retreat
B) Attack while the beast is distracted
C) Wait
D) Other

>>
>>63047
CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ME.
Thank the bird. Tell them you mean no harm. That you just wished to meet the neighbors.
>>
>>63047
c keep waiting
>>
>>63047
C wait, hopefully the spared tengu can reason with the rest of them
>>
>>63047
C
>lets let him explain
>>
>>63047
c
>>
next post is gonna take a little bit, got some real life to deal with. will return when i can (shouldny be longer than 25 mins)
>>
>>63121
dangit irl obligations!
>>
>>63074
Yeah i agree +1
>>
BTW whatever qm wants to do with dorin I vote for that because I killed him like a dick
>>
back, sorry about that. Some people can be complete imbeciles, I'm impressed theyre able to breed
>>
Ski'Thraak kept still, quietly hoping her previous act of kindness would save her carapace now. The little bird seemed frantic in his explanation, but once again Ski'Thraak could make out none of it, the hulking beast however seemed to understand. No longer bellowing and rampaging, but instead chirping in the same manner the other Tengu had. It was strange to hear such a shrill sound coming from such a behemoth, but if it meant her hide was safe, Ski'Thraak had no issue with it. Soon the creature began to shift and distort, it's face rippling like waves in a pond. Before long, where once stood a monster that would strike fear in a demon, stood a Tengu, no larger than an other, his head adorned with a headdress of bone and feather. Ski'Thraak could not help but feel anger mixed with her relief. She had cowed before this lowly creature, believing it to be some monstrosity. Still, the conversion had been convincing and seemed effortless, was this the power these creatures possessed? Ski'Thraak once more attempted to communicate with what little magic she had left, but it was not enough, the feeble chirp that fell from her maw was barely audible to even her.

A) Attempt diplomacy ( Specify how)
B) Retreat
C) Attack
D) Other

Time: Night
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>63490
A: Attempt a peace dance
>rolling for effectiveness
>>
>>63490
A, praise the shapeshifting tengu, and try to go for an alliance.
>>
>>63490
A try communicating with him the same way you would with your own, maybe he can use magic to understand
>>
>>63519
You guys know you want dancing giant spiders in your life.
>>
>>63519
I'll back this plan of action.
>There will be a revolution, the dance dance revolution.
>>
>>63631
Top kek
>>
>>63631
fucking lol
>>
File: FUCK SPIDERS.gif (1MB, 296x226px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK SPIDERS.gif
1MB, 296x226px
Ski'Thraak knew vocalizations would be of no use anymore, her magic having all but left her. Instead she opted for an approach she had seen males use top court females, perhaps it would woo these creatures? She raised her front legs to her sides and began to shuffle side to side, wobbling her bulbous abdomen to display the red markings adorning its shell.

A roll of 30 or greater is required to woo the Tengu
A roll of 29< results in catastrophe
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>63699
dice gods be with us
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI
>watch me do the dance of my people>>63699
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

pls base god
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>63699
Roll
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>63699
pls
>>
>>63703
Noooooooo
>>
>>63703
holy
>>
>>63703
You have forsaken us
>>
The Tengus erupt into laughter at the ludicrous dance, some nearly falling over holding their scrawny sides. The Tengu king seems particularly amused, chirping in between bursts of shrill laughter. Ski'Thraak could feel her rage building and she considered tearing a few of the witless birds to pieces.

A) Continue dancing (same roll as before)
B) Attack the Tengu
C) Flee
D) Other
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>63751
A continue
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>63751
D)
>hiss to get their attention then try again
>>
>>63759
+1
>>
Ski'Thraak held onto her building rage, continuing with her courtship dance towards the boisterous audience. She now understood why the males seemed content with being consumed after mating, death seemed preferable to this level of embarrassment. As she continued the laughter began to die down and the strange birds looked at her inquisitively. After what seemed like forever it appeared they understood her intentions, their king stepped towards her, clacking and chittering as she did. Ski'thraak was surprised at hearing her own language and was glad to cease her nonsensical display for conversation. She explained to the Tengu king that she sought an alliance between her brood and his unkindness (Thats the actual term for a group of ravens, go figure). The Tengu seemed bemused with ehr request, asking what her race could possibly offer his own.

A) Protection
B) Hunting techniques
C) Dance methods
D) Other

>>
>>63814
A+B
>easier living for both partys
>>
>>63814
A.)The old brain and brawn technique we'll do the dirty work while they run everything magic/diplomatically.
>We're both evil race we get a slight diplomatic bonus.
>>
>>63814
A+B protection in service for food. if we team up to kill shit, they get loot, we get bodies
>>
>>63814
Spider silk garments
>>
What do you call 2 crows sitting on a branch?

attempted murder
>>
>>63889
Well pun'd
>>
File: punny.jpg (23KB, 420x312px) Image search: [Google]
punny.jpg
23KB, 420x312px
>>63889
>>
Ski'Thraak explained that her brood could provide physical protection and hunting in exchange for magical techniques. The shapeshifter seemed unconvinced at first, but Ski'Thraak continued to explain that there was no need for them to be enemies and their poor reputation with other races would not help in their attempts at survival. The Tengu seemed convinced and ordered a celebration to be conducted. Ski'Thraak agreed and departed to fetch the rest of her brood, eager to inform them of their lucrative new alliance. Ski'Thraak arrived at her nest some time later, the forest being particularly difficult to navigate at night. The King Tengu had placed a dark ward on her, which seemed to have been effective, the malevolent spirits of the forest shirked away from the she spider as she glided through the undergrowth.The other broodmates listened to her story eagerly, expecting to hunt the tiny birds, but were taken aback when she informed of the alliance. One of the larger females clacked her mandibles in disbelief that such scrawny beings could become such fearsome monsters, but was quickly cowed by a sharp bite from Ski'Thraak. She might have bowed to the Tengu shapeshifter, but she was queen of her brood and would tolerate no mutiny. She learned that in her travels, the spiders had laif there eggs and began to notice the fullness of her own abdomen. She inspected each egg sac carefully, noting the healthy grey color and dampness of each cocoon. They could move the egg sacs with some difficulty, although doing so would jeopardize their effectiveness in combat.

A) Join the feast
B) Stay in the camp
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak+4 egg sacs (hatch in 3 turns)
Food: 10 units
>>
>>64018
A join the feast but make sure the brood DO NOT attack the tengu
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>64031
+1
>>
>>64031
+1
>>
>>64031
But then our eggs would be venerable
>>
answers locked in 2 minutes
>>
>>64085
we're not expecting to be attacked and we need food
>>
>>64085
So then leave behind a female?
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>64085

Why not leave a few behind to defend?
>>
>>64104
Ok let's go, but set traps EVERYWHERE beforehand
>>
>>64113
have 3 males stay behind, we'll try to bring food back>>64123 this too
>>
>>64126
Agreed
>>
also, qm could you post the update map? are the tengu across the ravine and on top of spires/plateaus?
>>
>>64126

Some take home plates :3
>>
Ski'Thraak knew it would be poor for their new alliance if they skipped out on the celebratory feast, but the needs of her brood had to come first. She selected three of the larger males and commanded them to stay behind while the rest of the females wove thick tapestries of web over every inch of forest they could. Soon the nests were surrounded by a cage of woven silk, with the last opening being closed as Ski'Thraak exited the clearing. The ward still seemed to have an effect, as the sprits that wailed int eh darkness grew silent as the spiders made their way through the dark forest. Stillt eh ward was imperfect, twice something snatched at a female's leg, knocking her bulbous body tot he ground before releasing it's grip and vanishing. The Arachni were uneasy, and with good reason, what little shards of moonlight broke through the thick canopy over head revealed only hunched figures and creeping shadows. Ski'Thraak followed the path from memory, keeping her eyes fixed on the dancing shadows and darker patches of the forest. She stopped suddenly, before her, doubled over and sobbing was a young humanoid. It's flesh twisting and writhing in the sparse light.

A) Investigate the child
B) Attack
C) Move around
D) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak+4 egg sacs (hatch in 2 turns)
>>
>>64194
C move around, give it a wide berth
>>
File: Haunted forest.png (120KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Haunted forest.png
120KB, 1152x648px
I'll be wrapping the thread up early tonight, at about 10:15 my time. I've got to be up early tomorrow.
>>
>>64194
C
>fuck that
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>64194

>C) Move around

No use attacking since we are on foreign land and the charm sorta works at times. Once we get there, alert the leader about what you saw.
>>
>>64218
+1
>>
Ski'Thraak's instincts all screamed at her to avoid the forlorn creature and she chittered her new orders to the spiders behind her. They moved through the forest, giving the wailing spirit a wide berth as they trudged through the inky blackness. The moon shone not at all here,and while the crying child remained illuminated, the path they had chosen seemed unnaturally dark. As they walked, the wails and screaming normally heard in the forest seemed ever closer and all of Ski'Thraak's many hairs stood on edge. Suddenly she was being grabbed, clutched at and jabbed from all angles. The she spider whirled around, snapping at her attackers, but claimed nothing with her dripping fangs. Her venom dripped harmlessly to the ground, where it began to pool before being sucked into the earth. Ski'Thraak chittered for the other members of her tribe but heard no response back, though she could see only a few feet and the wailing had grown even more intense.

A) Search for other Arachni
B) Find the Tengu's
C) Other

Population: 4 Females+5 males+ Ski'Thraak+4 egg sacs (hatch in 1 turns)
>>
>>64263
A search
>>
>>64263
B
>>
>>64263
Oh shit
Lets search for our comrads
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>64263

Awe shit not good, well fuck not sure what we should do.

>B) Search for other Arachni

Lets get there quick and ask for help finding them.
I have a feeling about this
>>
answers locked in 2 minutes
>>
>>64263
A,let's find our people
>>
>>64297

meant find the tangu
>>
i say we dont travel within the forest at night from now on
>>
>>64311
Agreed
>maybe we should stop choosing hard-mode areas
>>
Ski'Thraak knew she needed to find the rest of her brood and regroup, lest the wailing spirits drive them mad or worse. She charged through the darkness, biting and lunging at the myriad of things grabbing an clutching at her. Twice she lunged at what she thought was a creature, only to sink her fangs into the rough bark of a tree or soft padding of moss. Her fear and rage was mounting as more and more shadowy figures moved through the forest. She could hear them rustling as they traversed the underbrush or canopy, their static whispers almost drowning out the incessant wailing. Ski'Thraak felt herself begin to lose touch, she ran in circles,desperately seeking her companions and finding nothing but more spirits and blackness. Through the incessant howling, she could just make out the sound of wing beats.

A) Head toward the sound
B) Continue to search for your brood mates
C) Other

That was the last post of the night guys, I will do my best to have a thread up tomorrow but no guarantees unfortunately. I will keep you posted via my twitter (link in Op) Have a goodnight and thanks for being in my story!
>>
>>64360
B. we are insane.

Thanks for qming, see you tomorrow if you can.
>>
>>64360
A head toward the sound, we can't see shit anyways
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>64360

Awe shit, looks like we are doomed since all we will have left is 3 male spiders and a shit load of eggs
Our only hope now is this and hope they are the Tengu's.

>A) Head toward the sound
>>
>>64382
they're giant spiders, it's unlikely all of them died. even then, the eggs will carry us
>>
after this shitty night, i say we explore and hunt around the river, hopefully they'll be lizard people. if not, we'll just ambush shit on the road
>>
does anyone know if Saurn is coming back tonight or if he QM's every night? also hype is real
>>
>>68019
later tonight, he tweeted
>>
Is this how Ski'Thraak looks like?
>>
Sorry guys I won't be able to QM today , will keep you posted for tomorrow. Sorry everyone!
>>
>>71722

Its cool, I figured no game today since you kept pushing it back. Just take it easy OP :3
>>
buuuuuuuump
>>
>>71722
It's all right.
>>
>>74823
that was yesterday, he hasn't said if he's going to qm today or not yet
>>
bump for daddy Saurn
>>
>>77557
>>75283
>>74823

Yeah a lot of civ threads keep having their QM get distracted due to life. sucks because I'm in absolutely love with the civ threads, particularly Saurn's Threads.

Bump for Saurn
>>
>>78504
I know exactly what you mean cus I discovered qst a few days ago and am now annoyed by the fact that people have lives and can't qm constantly lol
>>
I will be ready to QM in about 15 mins. No guarantee on how late but I will continue the story
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>79828
Thank you based saurn
>>
Alright guys I'm here and ready to continue our story, thanks for all your patience!
>>
>>79958
Yo
>>
So as of our last vote we picked
>A) Head towards the sound

>>79999
Sick quads
>>
>>80017
>>79999
Oh shit
>may these quads bless our rolls tonight
>>
Ski'Thraak sought out the wingbeats, hoping against hope that they were sign of her newfound allies. She spun in the darkness desperately trying to pick out the dull sounds from the sharp wails and howling. She was painfully aware of her pregnancy now, her distended stomach seeming to grow with every heart beat and she cursed her kind for their rapid gestation periods. The sounds of the forest died down as she crashed through layer after layer of foliage, or perhaps it was all the same? There was no way to tell if she was simply running in circles. Through the sound of rustling leaves and cracking branches, Ski'Thraak could hear the wingbeats to the east. Turning to face the sound of what she hoped to be her salvation, a shrill hiss and clacking could be heard to the North, as though one of her brood was nearby!

A) Head towards the wingbeats
B) Head towards the clacking

>>
>>80084
I'm gonna go with A
>>
>>80155
This
>>
Ski'Thraak chose to ignore the sounds of her broodmate and charged off in the direction of the wing beats. Whatever had taken her family, her fangs and venom would be of no use against, bit those birds, they possessed magic that these spirits feared. She broke through the undergrowth, desperately seeking the sounds, no longer beats of wings but the ruffling of feathers and the shrill squawks she had heard so much of not long ago. She shrieked and chittered into the darkness, hoping the birds would hear her. She was desperate, seeing eyes in the darkness and feeling trailing fingers along her carapace was driving her over the edge. She almost preferred the deafening wailing and moaning over this oppressive silence. Finally she could pinpoint the sounds of the birds, it was coming from close by and Ski'Thraak threw herself at the sounds, only to crash into a tree trunk. As she reeled from the blow, the sounds changed direction, no longer close by, but sounding quite far away, barely audible over her own ragged breathing. Through the darkness a new sound emerged, so delicate and soft Ski'Thraak almost could not hear it. A soft crying, like the children that had wandered from the roadside she had so often preyed on. The lilting wail drifted through the darkness and cascaded over the she spider. Soon the sound seemed to come from all around her and it grew louder by the moment, each sob becoming deafening through the abyss that encircled her.

A) Find the sounds of rustling and squawking
B) Other

>>
>>80339
B, just stand there, NO MATTER WHAT
>>
Ski'Thraak stood still, her great abdomen no longer swaying as a wave of rigor mortis gripped her. In a way her fear was helping her, the paralysis she felt was more reactionary than conscious. Her many eyes darted around, trying to find something in the endless darkness. And she found it. Skulking in what seemed to be a cloak of shadows some creature stalked. Its eyes flashed with unseen light as it darted silently from tree to tree, patch of ground to patch of ground. Ski'Thraak could discern no details of the monster other than it terrified her, and soon she could see more flashes of eyes. Whatever these creatures that lurked in the shadows were they had her surrounded. The sound of the crying had grown deafening now

A) Run!
B) Remain Still
C) Attack
D) Other

All of the above rolls will require
A roll of 75 or greater to be successful
A roll of 74>65 to be partially successful
A roll of 64< results catastrophically

use 1 100 sided dice

>>
>>80538
I'm scared to roll
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>80538
B
>>
Ski'Thraak remained still, her arachnid heart pumping loudly in her abdomen loudly enough that she was sure it could be heard by the monsters. She resisted the urge to turn and flee, or to lash out and bite and envenom, or even to spin a protective barrier of web around herself. No, she just remained still. The creatures and their many pairs of eyes flashed in the darkness, drawing closer with each second. Ski'Thraak could discern nothing from them, no matter how they moved, they made no sound, no matter how she strained her eyes, they appeared only as shadows. Closer and closer they creeped, the crying turning into a deep bellow, or a screeching howl. Ski'Thraak envisioned maws of ragged teeth, dull grey eyes, grasping fingers. Yet none of these seemed true...whatever these monsters were, her nightmares could tell only the beginning. Before long they were near enough to touch, she could not see them, only the flashes of their eyes when they allowed it. Nor could she feel them, they made no breath of wind as they darted all around her. One pair of eyes was higher than the rest, rising well above her own head as well as her bulbous abdomen. She had no way of knowing if these creatures were so large or if it was merely hanging from a tree, but the feeling of dread was the same. The noise changed again, no longer sobbing or bellowing, but this time a cacophony of languages and words, from shrieks to chittering to the speech of humans. Through the onslaught of white noise, Ski'Thraak could just make out the words, "I see you."

A) Remain still
B) Attack
C) Run
D) Other

Some actions will require a roll, others will not. Good luck.

>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>80768
D Try to use magic to communicate with them
>>
>>80814
And say what? Combatative? Threatening? plead for your life?
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>80768
A
>>
>>80826
asking them what they want from us
>>
>>80828
>>80841
Tie breaker in 2 minutes
>>
Ski'Thraak focused what little magic she had left in an attempt to communicate with the horrific monsters. They seemed to speak all language, but their deafening would drown out her frightened chitters. With an amplified hiss and a clack of her mandibles she asked the lurking horrors what they wanted from her.

A roll of 90 or greater is required to be successful
A roll of 89<80 is required to be partially successful
A roll of 79> results in catastrophe

>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>80892
Dice gods hear my plea
>>
>>80904
In the interest of good writing I will allow ONE re-reoll, however the response will come tomorrow. Pass or fail I'd like to give a detailed account of this event, and my being tired is not conducive to that. Sound fair to you guys? or would you rather me reply now with this roll?
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>80921
Reroll baby
>>
>>80926
Danm, my quads wore off
>>
And so the dice of fate are cast. I will be back tomorrow with the fate of Ski'Thraak, and perhaps the fate of our Arachni civilization. Goodnight guys and thanks for being in my story!
>>
>>80938
Good night saurn
>>
File: ded.jpg (11KB, 276x300px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
11KB, 276x300px
Yep, she dead
>>
File: Spiderman-thread-143.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman-thread-143.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
spiderman bumb for a spider civ thread
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.