[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombie Apocalypse Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: burning.jpg (623KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
burning.jpg
623KB, 1920x1200px
It's hot. Why is it so hot? Your eyes flutter open in confusion. Your head hurts something fierce. Your ears are ringing like someone fired a shotgun within inches of you. The world is dark and yet... it seems to be dancing in front of you. As your senses return you realize you are watching shadows dance from a window to your left. You look out and take in your surroundings. You are in a city... or should you say what is left of one. You are able to see a river and the ruined buildings on the other side. Such a miserable sight. The tower is burning like an oversized funeral pyre. Its shadows and reflections are what you were waking up to, but it doesn't quite explain why you're able to feel it from all the way over here.

Another building must be on fire nearer still. The sinking thought sets in that it is probably the building you are in now. You move to get up and a searing pain hits your gut, causing your vision to blur and your equilibrium to shift slightly. You lean against the wall for support and look down. You see bandages (seemingly darkened by your own blood) stuck to the right side of your abdomen with duct tape. Its dark, so its hard to tell, but it appears to be well doctored despite the apparent lack of medical equipment. You take your first steps since regaining consciousness, stumbling like a fool briefly, and look in the mirror.

Are you
>Male
or
>Female
>>
>>543548
>Male
>>
>>543552
You glance over your self briefly noting your masculine frame. You aren't super built, but you aren't a skinny guy either. On the ground near the door is a somewhat greasy mechanic's shirt. There's also a little blood on it, at least you think so. Its hard to tell when your light source is flickering about like that. The name on it says "Dan." Your brain is still a little fuzzy.

Is that really your name.

>Yeah... I'm Dan. (Default Name)
>No I grabbed this from somewhere else. (State your name)
>>
>>543563
>Yeah... I'm Dan
I like this name. Simple but great.
>>
>>543566
You nod as you don your shirt, covering up the bandage job for the most part. There is a hole going through the front and back of the shirt, but you aren't sure if its from a bullet or being run through for something. Your memory is still a little fuzzy. But, hey, now you're fully clothed. Taking your first steps out into the hallway, you conclude that the building you are in is, indeed, on fire. That what the bright yellow and orange licking the walls of the corridor to your left tells you. You cover your mouth to protect yourself from the smoke a bit as you race in the opposite direction. Because of your excellent view of the river, you deduce that you are at least 3 floors up. Too long to jump especially if your are recovering from an injury. It doesn't hurt, now that you think of it. Maybe its actually healed? You'll need to check that later.

For now you opt to try to find the stairs. The hallway splits going left and forward. You have no idea what leads where, so it'll boil down to blind luck.

>Stay the course! Keep going forward!
>Make like Nascar and turn left!
>>
>>543593
>Make like Nascar and turn left!
>>
>>543608
You veer to your left, nearly slipping on the debris cluttering the floor, and continue down the halls. With each door you pass, you see abandoned apartments. All of the door look forced open. Some have the door completely off their hinges. No time to look though. You turn your attention back to the hallway itself. At the end of it, you think you see a banister for the main stair well! Heading down, you feel your heart sink a little. The second floor looks even more chewed up by the flames than the previous one. You feel the heat on your skin and you cough into your shirt.

>Try to make your way through the fire and smoke.
>Double back, maybe there's a fire escape in one of the apartments!
>Other?
>>
>>543631
>Double back, maybe there's a fire escape in one of the apartments!
Look for windows to make sure.
>>
>>543635
You head back up and check the first few apartments around the stairs. The windows are mostly boarded up and you cannot seem to get your fingers around the to pry them off bare-handed. The second to last apartment you check thankfully still has a large glass window intact. Behind it you see old iron-wrought framework. You must be in an older section of the city, thankfully. You send a chair through the window and clear the pane of and jutting pieces with another piece of debris before climbing through safely.

You are now on a balcony overlooking the edge of the building. You don't see a ladder of a set of stairs down, but there is another balcony on the floor below you. With a little bit of luck and some athleticism, you could probably try to hop down balcony to balcony.

>Give it a shot? (roll a d100)
>Try something else?
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>543667
>>
>>543678
Its not your most graceful moment. You swing yourself over the edge and cautiously lower yourself in a way where a controlled fall is possible. You let go and attempt to time your grip onto the next balcony. What you weren't expecting was to see a rotting corpse sitting in a lawn chair looking straight at you. The shock of the sight delays you enough that you are only just able to catch yourself before falling all the way to the ground and into at least one guaranteed broken bone, if not more. The drop from here is maybe about 12 to 15 feet. You could probably land safely and not break or sprain anything. Or you could try to pull yourself up and see what Rotty McCorpseface has on him. Maybe he could help you get further than where you are now?

>Be the adventurer! Loot the body!
>Just let go.
>>
>>543701
>Just let go.
Maybe once he has a weapon. Don't want to get jumped.
>>
>>543707
You fight off your greed and, with a somewhat sad sigh, let go of the balcony and drop down onto the concrete below. Its a rough fall and it does hurt, but nothing is broken. Just probably a bruise on your ass. You slowly rise to your feet, dust yourself off and check your surroundings. Looks like this is a parking lot behind the building. There are a few cars nearby, abandoned in the panic of the city's evacuation. Some have their windows shattered, some don't. You feel your greed rise to the surface again. It's another chance to find either a weapon or some sort of item to help you survive. Hell, if you ever run into other survivors, like whoever patched you up, maybe you can use whatever you find as barter.

Choose one.
>Check the yellow sports car.
>Check the tan minivan.
>Check the silver sedan.
>Check the looted sedan.
>Check the looted compact.
>Check the burnt-out convertable.
>>
>>543724
>Check the silver sedan.
>>
>>543731
You check the unlooted, silver sedan. Looking inside the ash covered window, you see an anti-theft stick wedged through the steering wheel. Not that this thing was a viable mode of transportation in this hell hole right now. You check the door. Locked. You see a large chunk of asphalt that looks easily pried up. Lifting it, you ram it straight into the driver side window, shattering the glass instantly. After unlocking and opening the doors, you dig around quickly. You don't know what is nearby that might have heard you. There's an old can of pepper spray along with a road map of the city. In the back seat is an aluminum baseball bat. Much better than the spray, but you still pocket it as well. You hit the button for the trunk and hear a soft, "k-chuck" sound as it pops open. Opening it, you find a small prybar, a roadside emergency kit (with flare!) and an empty, neon green duffle bag. You store most of your findings, save the bat in there and place the strap over your shoulder. Its a rather lucky find and you're amazed it didn't get picked up before! Of course your string of good luck seems to come to an end and you see the corpse from the balcony stand up. It looks at you and, in an impossibly loud voice, moan at you before stumbling over the railing with a wet thud. A heartbeat passes and you hear the moan returned a thousand fold not too far away.

>Shit.
>OH SHIT.
>SHIT FUCK!

Unfortuately, I'm calling it here. Thank you, Anon for entertaining me and my little game for a few hours. Seems I just can't pick a good time to run something.
>>
>>543768
>Shit.
Thank you for running, though. Had fun.
>>
>>543768
Not your fault. /qst/ is just slowly dying.

Even the popular quests cannot find players
>>
>>544336
Nah I think people that frequent this board have jobs. Have you seen greenskin, space miner, not so glorious, and alien abduction? They've got people playing, the last two are starting back up today or this weekend.
>>
>>543768
>finds promising quest
>read through to catch up
>"gonna call it here guys sorry"
Every time
>>
>>547512
Same
>>
"how does i join thy shananagans!"
>>
>>547512
RIP
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.