[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gem Quest 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: image.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>Back from break, gonna try to continue this quest from awhile back.

The coastal town of Diamond Shoals, a popular tourist destination on the east coast of the Tar Heel state in the Summer but otherwise relatively sleepy in the off-season.

Occasionally though, there is some supernatural activity abound which is usually seen to by a few strange denizens of the town. For as unnatural as this activity might be though, it usually goes unnoticed by most everyone else. Usually.

>Please select your character!
>>
>Also, a link to the previous threads, for what's happened so far;

http://pastebin.com/E9Eu48Kz
>>
>>540812
Random
>>
>>540823
There isn't a random selection, if you're referring to the "?" box, that's a hidden character.
>>
>>540812
Then owen
>>
File: owen.png (8KB, 147x402px) Image search: [Google]
owen.png
8KB, 147x402px
>>540860
Alright, you are Owen, a 20 year old guy and employee of the Mega World Mart. Most of the time you're a cart pusher, and in fact right now you're pushing carts! Well, in your work uniform at least.

Because there aren't any cart drops out in the parking lot you're often quite busy, but you don't mind the work and it's a good run around. Today isn't that busy though so you've been trying to prevent the problem from arising in the first place trying to get people to carry their bags to their cars. It doesn't work that well though.

>Try to change your system, there's got to be a more efficient way than how you're doing things.
>Just sit back and relax, as long as Mr. Nguyen doesn't catch you it should be a problem and every so often you can just make one big rounds of the parking lot.
>Taking a break could work, but you'd not content to just sit around. Go for a walk around the store!
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>540892
>>Try to change your system, there's got to be a more efficient way than how you're doing things.
>>
>>540892
>Taking a break could work, but you'd not content to just sit around. Go for a walk around the store!
>>
File: image.png (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>540982
>>540989
You decide to go for a walk around the store, to think about how to change your system. Maybe offering to hold onto people's carts by the entrance/exit of the store, so they can go bring their cars over and it all gets loaded at the front? That could definitely work for low point times, when parking lot is less crowded.

While making your way around the side of the Mart, it suddenly dawns upon you that you're spending actual time of your life thinking how to increase your productivity of collecting empty shopping carts. There are a lot of ways you could feel about this, so instead you choose not to feel or think anything about it!

Instead you see a young girl in a fancy-looking dress, accompanied by an adult woman in more casual clothes. Nearly crashing into the latter, you apologize as you make your way around them but hear a portion of a conversation.

"-don't think this is the right place to be putting up signs, Miss."

"Please, the more people that see, the more likely he is to be found! Really Clarissa, it's not complicated!"

With the young girl refuting the concerns of the lady with her, you also happen to notice a stack of papers the one is carrying, and the other is taking to tape someplace around the entrance of the store. Exactly where, she doesn't look sure yet.

>Continue your walk, by the time you make your rounds of the store, you'll have finalized your efficiency plan!
>Approach the pair, ask if you can help in any way, as an employee of the Mart of course.
>Wait till they leave, then check out whatever it is they were on about.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>541030
>>Approach the pair, ask if you can help in any way, as an employee of the Mart of course.
Refer to yourself as cart-god
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>541242

"Hey I work here, can I help in any way?"

Figuring it's more interesting than checking out the dumpsters out back behind the mart, and seeing the flock of seagulls always loitering and up to no good, you approach the pair. Not before you change your "Hello my name is..." nametag on your uniform though.

"No thanks Sir, we're fi-"

"Ah, Cart-God! Yes, you can help by putting these up around your establishment wherever you can! The faster the better, I need to find Benson sooner rather than later."

She hands you a portion of the stack of papers, vaguely explaining her problem surprisingly eloquently for a young girl.

"Why of course, I'm sure it won't be-"

You choke midway through your sentence when you actually look at the top paper of the few you were given. That would explain the fancy looking dress and proper attitude, she must be from the rich neighborhood in town.

"...a problem. Yes, I'll have these up in no time, and I'm sure Benny will turn up just fine."

"Thank you Cart-God, if you can post those inside, I will make sure they are properly posted outside. Oh, and his name isn't Benny."

The woman with her keeps gesturing and expressing to you not to do whatever it is you're doing, though immediately stops when the young girl looks to her with suspicion.

"As you were then, Miss?"

"Right. Give me the tape."

>Do as she says and post the papers inside. By this, you mean on the board in the employee room.
>Go back to your trip around the store, the dumpster in the back probably has room for the papers.
>Warn her about Mr. Nguyen, and her posting papers outside the Mart.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>541323
>>Warn her about Mr. Nguyen, and her posting papers outside the Mart.
Ask her more about the dog and when and where it was last seen
>Do as she says and post the papers inside. By this, you mean on the board in the employee room.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>541342

"Ah... I'd be careful about taping up the signs around the outside. If Mr. Nguyen-"

"Who?"

"The owner, he doesn't take kind to that sort of thing. He'll probably think you're trying to get free advertising for something."

"Well that's the point! I am advertising five hundred dollars for the finding of Benson!"

You can't argue with that really, considering the reward is getting more and more promising to you. From the poster alone though, you aren't really able to learn much beyond the dog's name and appearance. Most of the information is actually about his personality and why the girl wants him back.

"Well after I post these up inside, what should I tell anyone asking about the dog? You know, if they know someone who knows someone who might have seen him?"

Clarissa much more strongly gestures and expresses for you to stop, and you even pick up a hint of enmity towards you for it. The young girl though, Jocelyn if the poster is to be believed, audibly exhales through her nose in almost a snort of frustration.

"Well it's all Clarissa's fault, REALLY! She takes Benson on his walks, and only just a few days ago she lost him!"

"He pulled away from me! I think he saw something go into the high grass and he pulled the leash from me!"

Clarissa's calm exterior broke for a moment at the young girl indirectly venting her anger on the matter, though she took a deep breath to regain her composure. Jocelyn didn't nearly seem as interested in any such thing, still fuming at being reminded.

"It was on the beach, not far along past the old lighthouse. Anyone would know it if they saw it, where the grasses get really high. I think it borders the park, you know the reserve?"

So she lost the dog on "the beach", and the town is on an island, entirely surrounded by beach. You suppose it's better than nothing though, thanking the both of them before making your way inside with the papers. As you go you notice Jocelyn taping up posters all over the outside, and hope she satisfies her worry (or annoyance) before Mr. Nguyen sees. Actually, what are you thinking? You already know he's going to make you or the closest employee clean up the aftermath of when he sees the posters.

At any rate you head to the break room and tack up one of the posters on the notice board, next to a multitude of work encouragement and positive work environment fliers and posters, as well as the few odd other notices and reminders like some band playing local in a few nights.

"Hey Owen, what's that you got?"

It's Sudie, one of the register girls. On break it looks like.

>Answer her truthfully, at least about the posters.
>Try to deflect, in case she gets any ideas. Or worse, starts spreading the news.
>Pass it off as nothing serious, realistically the dog will show up on its own anyway sooner or later.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>541443
>>Answer her truthfully, at least about the posters.
>>
File: image.png (507KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
507KB, 2048x1536px
>>541525

You explain what transpired outside, what with Jocelyn and the posters. Sudie is obviously a bit surprised but not nearly as much as you were.

"That would be the Wentworths, one of the rich local families... the few rich local families. Depending on how long you stay, you'll become familiar with them. Usually can point them out at any town events or celebrations. If Benny's gone missing, you can bet her dad will pay whatever she puts on the poster."

Well that's good to know, that the poster girl both isn't crazy, and capable of paying. While this seemed like a pipe-dream at first, now it seems like you really could take a couple hours when you get the chance, find the dog and collect.

That's the idea at least, but you have to keep reminding yourself that "the beach" is a pretty big place to lose something, even a dog, and already you're not too famliar with the island. Just as easily it could be a few days wasted, when the dog ends up finding its own way home eventually.

"Thanks Sudie, hey you wouldn't happen to have any ideas on how to make the cart pushing job easie- more efficient?"

>Get back to work, do your bit till you clock out, which isn't long from now.
>Try to get out early, see if someone can cover for you.
>On your break, try to get into contact with anyone who might be able to help, if you're still interested in going after the dog that is.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>541592
>>Try to get out early, see if someone can cover for you.
Buy some meat to attract the dog and start looking from the old lighthouse.
>>
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>542160

In order to skip out early, you get Mike to cover for you, which works out since he owed you for running to get him a new car battery. Though really, you can't understand why he would have a car, anyone who actually lived here at least. At any rate you pick up a steak before you leave early, and probably for the best, as you see Mr. Nguyen out the front shouting up a storm in his native language and tearing down all the dog posters.

Stopping back home shortly to change your clothes, you head on out to the beach, in the direction of the lighthouse. All the way you've been thinking of the reward, and going over the details, specifically how you might actually find the dog. Catching it shouldn't be difficult with the steak, but as to where it is...

>When you get to the beach, start making your way along it, looking on your own for Benny.
>When you make it over there, see if anyone is around and ask about the dog.
>Try to get help, if you're going past the lighthouse, Sarah lives there and she knows the beaches around here better than most.
>[Write-in.]
>>
File: ANODDAH RUSSIAN.jpg (154KB, 700x529px) Image search: [Google]
ANODDAH RUSSIAN.jpg
154KB, 700x529px
>>542880
>Contact the local Slav to aid in your capture of the sobbaka
>>
>>542934

You consider contacting Katja to help with the task, but she scares you. Maybe it's all the grimy tattoos, rumor has it from prison.

That, and you don't know where she would be at this time. Though you suppose you could go to the sports clothing store, and check the tracksuit section?
>>
File: Slav30.jpg (18KB, 341x412px) Image search: [Google]
Slav30.jpg
18KB, 341x412px
>>542938
Da. You needs of knew tracksuit instead of that old and grimy shit you've had crumpled for months. Slavs need to be Slavvin in their best tracksuits when meeting the rich gopniks
>>
image.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>542953

You figure in preparation for the coming hunt, you'll need some new clothes. That is to say, a new tracksuit. Before you actually properly make it to the beach, you take a detour and head on over to Seaskate Sports, the local store for that kind of thing.

"Heeey Owen, still waiting on the new Add In Das kicks. You know how it is when we're all the way out here."

Chuck, the owner welcomes you in, talking about a new pair of shoes you'd ordered recently. You'd stop for a chat about this and that as he's the best connection for this sort of thing in town, and he's somewhat of a fan of yours, but you've got a task on your mind.

So, making your way over to the clothing section, you check out the track suits. One in particular, a grey set with white stripes sticks out to you. Particularly with Fall setting on soon. No sight of Katja but things aren't a total loss.

>The outfit is nice, but you can ask Chuck to hold onto it till after you find Benny and get the reward.
>Buy the outfit now, and while you're at it, maybe ask Chuck if he knows where Katja is?
>You're definitely buying the suit, and you're putting it on right now, that's how much you like it! Then maybe head back to the beach.
>[Write-in.]
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.