[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tales of Jack Chitin #20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 24

File: Soon it will all be over.png (200KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Soon it will all be over.png
200KB, 960x540px
"The mother and father of us all... is finally here!" Edition

The Tales of Jack Chitin is a dark fantasy adventure filled with action, intrigue and bit of lewd, with an emphasis on lore and world building.

New players, start here!
The following infographic/tutorial explains how the quest works
http://i.imgur.com/TDgG9zb.jpg
Also, if you're following through the archives:
http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/newreaders

Chapter summary pictures
Want to catch up with the story, but don't like reading a lot of dialogue? The chapter summaries contain key scenes with a short description.
WARNING: Plot spoilers
Chapter 1
http://i.imgur.com/btRzlXF.png
Chapter 2
http://i.imgur.com/vbOQU7z.png
Chapter 3
http://i.imgur.com/M0hktqM.png
Chapter 4
http://i.imgur.com/ChlNEEl.jpg
Chapter 5
http://i.imgur.com/QJdhR4i.jpg
Chapter 6
Still ongoing!

Tabletop Combat Tutorial
Sometimes the quest transitions from story mode to combat mode! Here is the rulebook:
http://i.imgur.com/jvMhOu3.jpg

Dominium Profiles
WARNING: Plot spoilers
http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/addendum

World Map
http://i.imgur.com/ocSoe6P.png

Archive
Want the full experience? Find all the posts so far here in chronological order:
http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/chapterlist

Twitter
https://twitter.com/grubadventures

Last thread
>>509329

Sit back, relax, the adventure continues momentarily!
>>
first for
CTHULHU
T
H
U
L
H
U
>>
Can't wait to see what goolash grub has been cooking up for today
>>
File: Deities 1.png (16KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 1.png
16KB, 960x513px
As hastily as they sank into the abyss, they emerge from it at the same time. With a blink of an eye, they look at each other, everything normal. However, something has changed.

Jack Chitin
"Velvet... your face..."

Velvet touches her forehead, noticing that the Pantocrator's symbol has been sliced into her forehead but no blood has been spilled. She notices that her fluffy bangs are missing, she instinctively tries to cover the hair she cut in the berserk state. However, Jack grabs her arm. She raises her head and their eyes meet.

Jack Chitin
"Velvet... you have such a beautiful face, such beautiful eyes...", he said in awe

Velvet blushes and lets out a coy smile.

Velvet
"You r-really think so, J-Jack?", she said in a quiet and shy tone

Jack Chitin
"Oh sweet Velvet..."

He embraces her and hugs her tight. Velvet's lets out satisfied and relieved sigh. She notices something poked her chest.

Velvet
"Jack... y-you changed a-as well!", she said in a curious tone

Jack looks at his body. The demon eyes have been replaced with a singular eye, but instead of a pupil, the eye is filled with ever moving blood. A mysterious skull is embedded in his chest as well. Jack touches his forehead, noticing the markings.

Jack Chitin
"Velvet, what does this mean?"

Velvet
"I... h-have no idea, Jack...", she said in both comic and confused tone

Jack looks at Velvet in awe, his heart racing like never before. She notices it and blushes, looking towards the ground. As Jack tries to pet her head, he notices a scarlet red string tied to this thumb, he traces the other end towards Velvet's pinky finger. Jack starts waving his arm in a comic way, observing how the strings stretches and contracts.

Velvet
"J-Jack?", she said in a quiet chuckle

Jack Chitin
"No seriously, look at your finger."

Velvet extends her palm and notices the strings tied to her pinky finger, looking at it in confusion and curiosity.

Jack Chitin
"It's high time we finally start figuring these powers out...", he said with a chuckle as well

Jack looks over Velvet's shoulder and points at the two mysterious objects in the distance.

Jack Chitin
"BY THE... Look! It worked!"

Possible actions
A - Interact with Velvet, figure out the string connectionNothing lewd, ya dummies!
B - Interact with the objects first, figure out their use
C - Consult Velvet's notes, safety first!
>>
>>539555
>B - Interact with the objects first, figure out their use
Time to stop being the beggar champ.
all the jojo talk last thread got my hopes up for a /fit/ jack doing poses and shit :C
Doesn't help that i've played EoH the whole time while waiting for this thread
also pls let one of the objects be a magical bane mask
>>
>>539515
IT'S ALL OGRE NOW!

>>539530
Something mild and heart-warming
Mamma mia!

>>539573
Don't worry, things will evolve as they figure things out. Normal iron weapons are wooden toothpicks compared to the two new war weapons!
>>
>>539555
ayyo boi
>>
>>539555
>A
Not even holding hands?
It is the strong of fate after all
>>
>>539555
>>
File: Deities 2.png (72KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 2.png
72KB, 960x513px
>>539573
>>539625

Jack slowly walks towards the objects.

Jack Chitin
"Let's go check it out!", he said in an enthusiastic tone

Velvet
"But Jack, maybe we s-should look at some n-notes first..."

Jack Chitin
"Come on, how bad ca..."

Suddenly a giant blood portal opens and Jack falls straight into it.

Velvet
"Jack!"

Velvet rushes towards the portal, jumping after him. Soon after they both land in a familiar atmosphere. As they pick themselves off the floor, they notice the swirling void in the sky. They are startled by a strange feminine voice.

Deity Realm
"Haha, can't believe that the little bug grew so big! I also can't believe you dumped the insect vixen as well...", the voice said in a comic way

Jack Chitin
"Excuse me?"

Deity Realm
"You... don't remember me?! The nerve! Well, to be fair, I looked like a mutilated version of yourself last time..."

Jack Chitin
"Wait... you..."

Deity Realm
"Yup, but this is more or less the form I usually take. Alrigthy then, let's not waste time, we have only one hour left before the fireworks, so let's make this snappy. So, which one of you will be the deity?"

Jack Chitin and Velvet
"What?!"

Deity Realm
"UGH! Come on faster, we don't have all day! You two connected to the primordial frequencies with your affection and gifted abilities bla bla bla. Now one of you needs to be a deity. Please sign here..."

Velvet and Jack look at each other and think for a moment, they say at the same time.

Jack Chitin
"She deserves it."

Velvet
"He deserves it."

They both look at each other and blush in awe. The Deity Realm lets out a chuckle.

Deity Realm
"So I thought. I guess you two are the real deal after all. This is actually a... precedent, hmm... Well then, Jack and Velvet, Primordial Link, Deity Couple of Love and Lust. There we go. Well, congratulations. Now, enjoy your time in the Deity Realm and feel free to work on your abilities together. Don't forget to watch the firework in about one hour, try to get on a high spot. Oh, and don't worry about little old me, feel free to get affectionate if you want, I won't watch... much~ Oh, and somebody might steal your weapons, you should have picked them up~", the being said while writing down some notes

Jack Chitin
"Hey!"

The Deity Realm lets out a mischievous chuckle. With that, the being disappears into the void.

Possible actions
A - Jack: "Hey wait! We have more questions!"
B - Stay in the Deity Realm and explore
C - Get back to the Mortal Realm for the weapons
>>
>>539783
>C - Get back to the Mortal Realm for the weapons

>write-in: Grow A blonde mane and get a normal eye with your deity powers since gods can change appearance
>>
>>539783
>C - Get back to the Mortal Realm for the weapons
blah blah poverty champiohn etc.
and a mask
>>
>>539783
>C
Get those artifacts
>>
File: Deities 3.png (21KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 3.png
21KB, 960x513px
>>539801
>>539809
>>539818

Jack Chitin
"Can't believe we get our own place here, this is pretty neat!"

Velvet
"Uhm Jack, l-let's get those a-artefacts, I'm e-eager to see what w-we can do with them."

Jack Chitin
"Oh yeah, right. Seeing that we both have experience with the Deity Realm, we just..."

And with a simple though of the Mortal Realm, they both materialize back.

Velvet
"Ugh, t-that might t-take a b-bit to get used t-to. What do you s-say Jac...", she said in a nauseous tone

Jack grabs his stomach and vomits. Velvet rushes towards him and places her hand on his shoulder.

Velvet
"J-Jack, are you alright?", she said in a worried tone

Jack chuckles, a mix of relief and pain. He comically wraps his arm around Velvet.

Jack Chitin
"Come on honey, give me a kiss.", he said in a joking manner

Velvet
"Eww Jack, gross... Come on, stop f-fooling around, and let's s-see what these t-things are.", she said with a giggle

Jack and Velvet slowly walk towards the artefacts. Jack notices a scroll near them. He picks it up and starts reading the content out loud.

Jack Chitin
"Dear lovebirds, congratulations. You managed to construct your very own sacred weapons, how you will use them and what kind of power they will emanate is for you two to find out. The Sigil is for Velvet, and the Handle is for Jack. Play nice and remember, safety first. Love, Deity Realm~ xoxo"

Jack pauses and crumbles the scroll.

Jack Chitin
"Great, just what we need, another comedian..."

Velvet slowly picks up the Sigil.

Velvet
"Huh, this l-looks quiet h-heavy, but it's light a-as a feather... What n-now?"

Jack Chitin
"Hmmm... seeing that our interaction influences... wait, does that mean..."

Possible actions
A - Jack: "Focus on our love"
B - Jack: "Focus on our... ahem, l-lust..."
C - Velvet: "Maybe y-you should g-go first, grab t-the Handle"
>>
>>539970
>A
Lets see they can do with love
is the handle some kind of retractable weapon? As if blood will form a axe blade, mace head, or a sword blade?
>>
>>539984
>that spoiler
What's better than a single weapon? All possible weapons! Also sprinkle some blood magic on top of it to sweeten the deal!
>>
>>539992
If the weapon is blood, you can really screw opponents over by having the blade or handle extend or contort like a flail. Truly a weapon for gods
>>
>>539970
>A - Jack: "Focus on our hate"

Write-in: Jack becomes anakin skywalker
gets a cool scar and hair
>>
>>539970
>no mask
Was crushing my hopes a part of your plan?
>>
>>540023
Of courshe!
Also
>no mask YET
Fixed that for you :^)
>>
File: Deities 4.png (85KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 4.png
85KB, 960x513px
>>539984
>>540006

Jack Chitin
"Most of the time, when we are affectionate towards each other... things happen. Let's try to find a correlation on the specifics."

Velvet
"Sounds l-like a p-plan."

Jack embraces Velvet for a hug, while she holds the Sigil. Nothing happens.

Jack Chitin
"Hmmm, maybe a bit more magic."

Velvet places her hand on Jack's cheek, they slowly kiss. Again, nothing happens.

Jack Chitin
"Well this is strange, why won't... things happen...", he said in a confused tone

Velvet giggles and kisses Jack on the cheek.

Velvet
"I think... I figured i-it out. Remember w-when you e-embraced me and t-told me how y-you really felt a-about me, a few moments ago? I think t-that's the key. Let me t-try this time!", she said in an enthusiastic tone

Velvet takes the Sigil and takes a few steps away from Jack.

Velvet
"Just to be s-sure, I don't want for you to get h-hurt if something b-bad happens...", she said with warm and caring tone

Suddenly the Sigil starts emanating a crimson red glow.

Jack Chitin
"Velvet... you did it! Something... is happening!", he said in awe and confusion

Velvet chuckles. She takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes. She slowly releases the Sigil and extends the arms. However, the Sigil doesn't fall, rather it levitates in the air. Jack slowly moves behind a tree and peeks from the side.

Velvet speaks up in a calm, warm and caring tone.

Velvet
"Jack... my sweet love. Your smile... your love... your heartbeat..."

Velvet groans in pain as giant wings made of blood, flesh and bones erupt from her back. The Sigil glow got so intense that the iron turned into bright red blood. Suddenly the wings start to flap, the surrounding vegetation violently shaking. Slowly the space around Velvet starts to saturate with blood droplets, creating a red mist.

Jack walks towards Velvet, looking at her in awe.

Possible actions
A - Jack: "Keep going!"
B - Jack: "Try to get out of the trance now!"
C - Jack: "Switch to another emotion!"
D - Say nothing
>>
>>540231
>C - Jack: "Switch to another emotion!"
>>
>>540231
>B
Lets see if it's safe to stop, rather than keep going without knowing what can happen.
Baby steps might be best
>>
Sorry to cut the session short today, but that's all the time I have for now. We continue tomorrow!
>>
>>540231
>A - Jack: "Keep going!"
>>
>>540231
C - Jack: "Switch to another emotion!"
>>
>>540231
damnit i sleept though the game...

D - Say nothing, it might be a bad idea to interrupt her during this change
>>
File: Deities 5.png (16KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 5.png
16KB, 960x513px
>>540361
>>540383
>>540677
>>540820
>>541011

Jack Chitin
"Velvet, if you hear me, try to switching to another emotion!"

A few seconds later, Jack is startled by nearby loud noises. The forest critters, rodents and squirrels, violently explode into a red mist, the blood siphoning towards the mist around Velvet. Jack takes a few steps back and takes cover behind a sturdy oak.

Velvet
"OH YES~"

Suddenly the blood mist converts into hardened spikes that shoot in all directions, one of them piercing the nearby tree Jack is hiding behind. In a panic, Jack notices the red string around his thumb, and in a fit of desperation, pulls on it tight. The tug wakes Velvet from the trance, making her wings disappear with the wind. As she falls to the ground, Jack catches her for a soft landing.

Jack Chitin
"What were you thinking about?!", Jack said in an alarmed tone

Velvet's face turns bright red and she hides her face. She speaks up in a embarrassed tone.

Velvet
"I though a-about me and y-y-you doing... s-stuff..."

Jack looks at her in a confused and puzzle way, then it hits him.

Jack Chitin
"Oh... OH..."

Jack blushes a bit.

Jack Chitin
"Well, now we know what both love and lust does. It seems that love produces healing an utility while lust is a destructive force... I'm not sure if we want to find out what other emotions do..."

Velvet
"Yeah, the s-stuff we p-produce looks k-kind of scary... but in a w-way it makes sense. It's s-scary for us since w-we don't u-understand it fully yet."

Jack Chitin
"What happened, were you awake?"

Velvet
"It was p-pretty strange, I was fully a-awake, however it was really hard to do a-anything else other t-than controling my thoughts. Also t-the spikes... I'm sorry Jack, I didn't m-mean to aim at you..."

Jack Chitin
"Don't worry about it. You just need to practice more. But seeing that you have the ability of flight and that spikes burst, that's powerful weaponry already. I'm curious to see what else you can master. Oh and an interesting phenomenon, if things get too scary, just think about the red string. It appears and then we just tug it to get each other's attention.", he said while trying to cheer her up

Velvet
"Thanks Jack, I'll k-keep that in mind. I'm c-curious to see w-what you can do as well!", she said in a enthusiastic voice

Possible actions
A - Jack: "After everything that just happened... I think I'll pass for now."
B - Jack: "If you say so.... you might want to take cover behind a tree, just in case..."
C - Jack: "What if we tried something together?"
>>
>>542556
So the string acts as a killswitch that you can summonnto existence at will? noice.
also
>B
>>
>>542556
>B - Jack: "If you say so.... you might want to take cover behind a tree, just in case..."
Also since we a deity lets alter our appearance. Long hair, Muscles and Normal eyes
>>
>>542590
>long hair
bro, do you even banepost?
>>
>>542556
>B
BLOOD HALBERD LETS GO
>>
File: Deities 6.png (11KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 6.png
11KB, 960x513px
>>542585
>>542598
>>542590

Jack places Velvet behind a tree.

Jack Chitin
"If you say so.... you might want to take cover behind a tree, just in case..."

Jack takes a few steps back and grabs the Handle. After a few deep breaths, he extends his arms and thinks about Velvet. However, nothing happens. Jack squints and looks at the handle.

Jack Chitin
"Why... why won't you work...", he said towards the Handle in an annoyed tone

Due to the sleep deprivation, fatigue and enduring the nightmare visions, Jack becomes agitated. In a fit of frustration he starts to yell.

Jack Chitin
"Why won't you work you bastard?!", he said in anger

Suddenly the Handle lets out a violent and ear piercing humming pulse that startles both Jack and Velvet. Both of them look at each other in fright and confusion.

Velvet
"Jack, t-take it easy...", she said in a frightened tone

Jack notices Velvet's worried face peeking behind the tree. Jack lets out a sigh and walks towards Velvet, embracing her for a hug.

Jack Chitin
"I'm sorry. I just haven't slept in a while, and a lot happened in the recent 24 hours... I just need some rest... better not cause a catastrophe... also I have a feeling that we are forgetting something..."

Jack and Velvet look at the destruction left behind from the blood spikes, then suddenly come to a conclusion.

Jack Chitin and Velvet
"Gatao!"

They both run towards his tent.

Possible actions
A - Just check on him, don't wake him up
B - Wake him up and show off your new powers
C - Wake him up and ask him if he wants to be a follower
>>
>>542675
>A - Just check on him, don't wake him up
he's been a cultist all his life pretty much and all he got from it was being left to rot in a dungeon. I say we let him enjoy his retirement.
>>
>>542675
>C - Wake him up and ask him if he wants to be a follower
>>
>>542675
>C
>>
>>542675
>C - Wake him up and ask him if he wants to be a follower
>>
File: Deities 7.png (15KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 7.png
15KB, 960x513px
>>542683
>>542685
>>542688
>>542689

As they enter the tent, the fleabag is sleeping like a log. Both Jack and Velvet let out a sigh of relief.

Jack Chitin
"Maybe we should introduce him to the news, better that way than for his old heart to give away if he sees our changes by accident."

Velvet nods in agreement. She slowly rocks his head a bit, trying to wake him up. The Yuni lets out a raspy meow and stretches. As he gazes at Jack and Velvet he jumps a bit, but soon after calms down and speaks up.

Gatao
"What happened to you two?"

Jack Chitin
"Well, it's a long story, the thing is..."

Velvet touches Jack's hand, and speaks up in a warm and caring tone.

Velvet
"Love h-happened."

Jack shows a warm smile and places his hand on Velvet's. The Yuni lets out a quiet chuckle.

Gatao
"Love... heh, something this world desperately needs. So I assume you two tapped into the essence of this world and took the form of deities."

Velvet
"Yes... h-how did you know?"

Gatao
"Heh, don't let this old fleabag fool you, I may look old, but there is still a burning spirit inside me. And... when I see two kittens like yourselves, looking at each other... it fills my heart with joy, but most importantly... hope... hope that this damned world has a chance for a better future..."

Jack Chitin
"Speaking of the future... we've known you for a short time, but would you like to join us? I won't lie, seeing that we are in the deity business, we are in desperate need of followers to stay alive. But more importantly, that way we can do our best to win this damned war and forge a better future for Elysia."

Gatao
"If it means that the tormented souls that walk Elysia will have a better future... then it would be my honor!", he said in a enthusiastic voice

Velvet
"Thank you, Gatao."

Gatao
"Ah don't mention it shado... ahem, lady Velvet. If it means seeing that blue succubus burn, that alone would make me happy, haha."

Suddenly Jack remembers an important event.

Jack Chitin
"We will celebrate the great news later, we need to either find shelter or prepare ourselves really soon, I think that we are minutes away from a cataclysmic event..."

Possible actions
A - Ask Velvet if she can carry you two and fly to higher ground
B - Gather everyone and walk towards higher ground
C - Look for an underground hideout
D - Screw the light show and head straight for Mirabilia Trade
>>
>>542780
>A - Ask Velvet if she can carry you two and fly to higher ground
>>
Sorry to cut the session short, but I'm running out of time for today. We continue tomorrow!
>>
>>542780
>C - Look for an underground hideout
>>
>>542780
>B
Probably safer Considering she accidently shit spikes the second her mind turned to lust
>>
>>542780
>C
lua aspect is the moon so no mather what kind of cataclysm it will be, t will come from space, so being high up wont do dick for safety.

lets find an old dungeon or cave system.

also i need to change my sleeping cycle, it pisses me off that ive sleept though 4 games in a row...
>>
>>543173
and in case i sleep though tomorows game again, here the perfect soundtrack for the comming annialation from space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2OuPtfI2HE
>>
>>542780
>C - Look for an underground hideout
>>
File: Deities 8.png (10KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 8.png
10KB, 960x513px
>>542805
>>542869
>>542960
>>543173
>>543291

Velvet
"I have a few n-notes that talk about t-this event. The Pantocrator will a-announce the end, but I haven't found a-any description on h-how it looks like. Our best b-bet is to hide underground u-until this event passes."

Jack Chitin
"Yeah, we won't be able to experience the fireworks, but maybe that's for the best, seeing that we don't know what the fireworks are going to be."

Gatao
"If my assumption is correct we are east of Venturo Village. If I recall correctly, there are some old tunnels the villagers dug so they can get to the other side faster. Let's hurry!"

The crew starts running west. After a few moments the lush vegetation turns into a rocky terrain. As they slowly peek behind the entrance, Jack speaks up.

Jack Chitin
"Tunnels, catacombs... yuck, I'm sick of 'em..."

Velvet
"I just h-hope that the things we m-might bump into d-down there are friendlier t-than what will h-happen on the surface."

Gatao
"Let's not waste time, we need to get deep underground. The mountain will shield us from any sort of cataclysmic event... at least I hope so."

They slowly start descending down the stone stairs and into the darkness. After a few moments they arrive at a crossroad.

Jack looks at the ground and lets out an annoyed groan.

Jack Chitin
"Hmmm, this blood looks fresh... great, just great...", he said in a worried tone

Gatao
"I also smell a faint scent of incense... someone is definitely down here..."

Possible actions
A - Follow the trail of blood
B - Enter the nearby tunnel with the strange markings
C - Follow the scent Gatao picked up
>>
>>544633
>C
Got a feeling blood path might be xeri or carnifex, but insense doesn't give the impression of a potentially dangerous encounter
>>
>>544633
A)
underground deity restaurant perhaps?
>>
>>544633
>C
lets see who is burning insence down here, guess we werent the only ones that thought of taking shelter from the comming storm.
but just in case ready your artefacts.
>>
>>544633
>A - Follow the trail of blood
Goulash?
>>
>>544633
>A - Follow the trail of blood
>>
>>544633
>C - Follow the scent Gatao picked up
DUDE DEITY WEED LMAO
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>544635
>>544640
>>544644
>>544648
>>544652
>>544656

Seeing that we are tied, let's roll the dice to see what happens

Result 1 - A
Result 2 - C
>>
File: holy-smoke.jpg (64KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
holy-smoke.jpg
64KB, 640x1136px
>>544669
>>544656
devine weed it is then
>>
File: Deities 9.png (37KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 9.png
37KB, 960x513px
>>544635
>>544640
>>544644
>>544648
>>544652
>>544656

Jack Chitin
"What else did you pick up?"

The Yuni takes a few sniffs and tries to think.

Gatao
"Other than the incense, candle wax, and some aromatic oil. Looks to me that someone is either working on a ritual... or trying to relax."

Jack Chitin
"Seeing that we might get stuck here, better try finding out if the other party is hostile or friendly. Lead the way, Gatao."

The Yuni slowly start to walk forward, taking a few sniffs every few moments. After some walking through the damp tunnels, they enter a small room. The rocky interior is decorated with various Solar symbols. They notice a Solar shrine in the corner.

Gatao clenches his teeth and lets out a low hissing noise.

Gatao
"Solar scum..."

Jack Chitin
"Oh boy... I met a Solar knight once... it wasn't a very friendly encounter."

Gatao walks towards the Solaris statue and spits on it.

Velvet
"Gatao, a-are you alright?"

Gatao
"Pardon my behaviour, it's just that this cult has brought me great suffering.", he said through his clenched teeth

Suddenly Gatao pauses and notices a peculiar thing on the statue.

Gatao
"Wait a minute..."

Jack Chitin
"What's wrong?"

Gatao
"The eyepatch... why haven't they added the eyepatch.... the conflict started about 1000 years ago, surely the shrine can't be that old...", he murmurs to himself

Gatao notices that both Jack and Velvet are looking at him in confusion.

Gatao
"Seeing how smooth the stone statue is, it's probably a few years old... however the person that built it either knows a lot about history.... or is very, very old...", he said while thinking of the implications

Possible actions
A - Jack: "Very old? Is such a thing even possible?"
B - Velvet: "Do you mind t-telling us a b-bit more about Lua?"
C - Don't stick around, continue deeper into the mountain
>>
>>544706
>B - Velvet: "Do you mind t-telling us a b-bit more about Lua?"
>>
>>544706
>A
>"Could it be his champion?"
>>
>>544706
>C - Don't stick around, continue deeper into the mountain
>>
>>544706
>tiebreaker
>B and look around the room while gatao explans things.
>>
>>544706
>no option to look for gym equipment that's bound to be nearby and become a big guy
Senpai...
>>
>>544729
We will get that mask once Jack activates his powers, promise! On a sidenote, Jack is in pretty good shape, not really swole, but he has some muscle
>>
>>544706
A) for gainz
>>
File: Deities 10.png (25KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 10.png
25KB, 960x513px
>>544743
>>544729
>>544727
>>544720
>>544718
>>544716

Velvet
"Do you mind t-telling us a b-bit more about Lua?"

Gatao
"What is there to know? She's a..."

Gatao gazes towards Velvet who's holding her notebook and pencil, a huge smile adorning her face. Gatao lets out a chuckle.

Gatao
"Most folk don't like history, then again, you kittens aren't most folk... Long ago when the first civilizations and deity worship started, Lua created the Yuni race by cross-breeding an early cave human with a domestic cat, blessed with her magic. Solaris was both amazed and intrigued by her work... and then they... well, I wouldn't call it love, it was more about lust. Soon after they became a couple, Solaris considered her idea and so he made the Brama. However, Solaris did it the old fashioned way... with a few female cave humans..."

Gatao pauses to spit on the statue again.

Gatao
"It's isn't certain, but priests and oracles speculate that this triggered the Solar/Lunar war, which is going on to this day. Instead of choosing Lua to mate with and make a new species, he chose the female cave humans. Consumed by jealousy, she gauged his eye out. That happened almost 1000 years ago. The person who made that statue is thinking of an era long forgotten."

Gatao notices that Velvet's and Jack's jaws dropped to the floor.

Jack Chitin
"You got to be fucking joking... all these casualties, death, pain and suffering... over a broken heart?"

Gatao
"Morbidly funny, isn't it? Legends say that the sun and the moon were in the sky at the same time. But now... they constantly chase each other, ever since that day."

Velvet closes her book.

Velvet
"As u-unbelievably comic t-the story sounds, t-thank you for s-sharing it with us."

Suddenly Gatao's ears flinch as he notices a sound in the distance.

Gatao
"Someone is coming...", he whispers

Possible actions
A - Ambush the person
B - Greet the person
C - Hide
>>
>>544797
>B greet him with your hand on your magic weapon
>>
>>544824
this
>>
>>544797
>B
If Jack gets the chance, mention her new breeding program
>>
>>544824
This
>>
File: Deities 11.png (17KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Deities 11.png
17KB, 960x513px
>>544824
>>544864
>>544874

Jack Chitin
"Gatao, you better hide. If it's someone from the Solar Cult, they are probably going to attack you."

The Yuni hastily hides behind the large Solaris statue. As the footsteps become louder, Jack speaks up.

Jack Chitin
"Greetings, we mean you no harm. We just want to... uhhhh...."

Jack is left speechless and blushes as a voluptuous figure emerges from the door frame. The startled female Brama speaks up in a smooth womanly voice while summoning a Solar weapon.

???
"Humans... wait no, those markings on your skin... who are you?!"

An awkward silence. Velvet slaps the back of Jack's head in an annoyed manner.

Jack Chitin
"Wha... wait, huh, what...", he said while wiping his drool

Jack Chitin
"Ahem... I mean, we are looking for shelter from the Pantocrator. We are deities, we mean you no harm."

???
"Deities? The both of you? What of?"

Velvet
"Of love..."

Jack Chitin
"...and lust."

The Brama chuckles while looking at the blushing Jack.

???
"Heh, figurrrres.", she said with a amused growl

???
"I don't need to believe your words, I sensed your aura. At least you are honest. So you are either a couple of inexperienced idiots, or very naive. In any case, we are technically at neutral relations then, since we have no formal diplomatic channels."

Both Jack and Velvet feel insulted, but they don't want to cause a scene.

Jack Chitin
"Are you hiding from the Pantocrator as well?"

???
"My presence here is none of your business.", she said in a cold tone

Jack lets out a nervous chuckle and gazes towards Velvet, signalling her to help him out.

Velvet
"We just w-want to take s-shelter, nothing more. Once t-the event p-passes, we w-will be more than h-happy to leave."

The Brama lets out an annoyed growl.

???
"I'm in a mood for a fight, but seeing that the Pantocrator will rise soon, and even though you both are dumb as a rock, you are deities. Very well, let's stay out of each other's way until this storm passes."

Both Velvet and Jack let out a sight of relief. As the Brama slowly turns away, she stops for a moments and takes a few sniffs. Suddenly she summons her weapon again. The fiery vixen lets out a quiet but hostile growl.

???
"I smell... a Yuni..."

Possible actions
A - Lie to her that you killed some Yunis, hence the smell
B - Tell her that Gatao is no longer serving Lua, confirming his presence in the room
C - Attack her
>>
>>545025
>B - Tell her that Gatao is no longer serving Lua, confirming his presence in the room
>>
>>545025
>A - Lie to her that you killed some Yunis, hence the smell
Sorry, we made goulash earlier
>>
>>545025
>B - Tell her that Gatao is no longer serving Lua, confirming his presence in the room
>>
>>545025
>B - Tell her that Gatao is no longer serving Lua, very much so as brama seems not to serve the sun anymore.

if she will lissen then tell her the story that happend with lua.
if she wont lissen then its time for jacks first smiting
>>
Running out of time for today! Dunno if I'll be able to run the quest tomorrow, will have a busy work day. In any case, I'll post more info tomorrow.
>>
>>545025
>B
Jack stands his ground, threatening death if she makes an attempt to harm the yuni. They may not have much experience with their powers, but will use them to defend their own.
>>
>>545025
A - Lie to her that you killed some Yunis, hence the smell
>>
>>545025
>>
So we are on a hiatus again?
>>
>>547723
Due to work related issues I won't be able to run the quest today. This weekend is pretty busy, so I'll try to post a session time ASAP, don't have enough info so I can calculate a reliable session time.

A good rule of thumb is that if session isn't happening in it's usual time, it's either due to work/break. Sometimes I don't have much time or the devices to properly post on /qst/ so the best bet is to keep a lookout on the twitter:
>>
Hello fellow players/fans, I'm back from my busy weekend.

We continue in just a bit, but first I'd like to announce something. The following 10-15 scenes today will be an epilogue of sorts. I think that we are in a good spot where I could wrap things up and end the quest based on player input in the past weeks and my own artistic idea of how I would like to wrap the quest up.

When the last scene is posted, I will talk about the future of me as a QM, the journey we gone through with TTOJC quest and things like that.

The last scenes of the quest will be a special cut-scene, so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Without further ado I will start posting the scenes in the coming hours.
>>
File: The End 1.png (84KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 1.png
84KB, 960x513px
Before anybody has a chance to speak up, a violent quake shakes the caverns. The fragile stalactites start to crumble and slowly start to fall apart, sending down tons of stone onto the crew.

Jack Chitin
"Quickly, run for cover!"

The quakes continue, rapidly increasing in frequency, slowly crumbling the structure of the cavern.
>>
I thought there was supposed to be a civ like event where the various deities would take over different territories, offering more chances for combat scenes, did something change? Or was it a case of the past several sessions inputs steered the story away from the original plan?
>>
>>561956

I will comment on that in more detail and more, once I conclude the quest today, but in the meantime to quickly answer your question:

>Or was it a case of the past several sessions inputs steered the story away from the original plan?
The story has changed A LOT from what I originally planned, based on the player input. The quest has always been a mix of my own ideas and the guiding idea of the players as well. I was thinking of prolonging the quest more, but seeing that we are currently in a very interesting spot, I came up with pretty interesting way wrap up the story based on what happened so far.
>>
>>561971
>Grub's quest will end
Sadness covers me like a blanket.
Nonetheless it was a fun ride, my only regret is not boarding sooner.
>>
>>561983
Don't worry, I won't quit doing quests. This is only the beginning!
>>
>>561984
I can't wait to see how it ends, despite also wanting it to never end. I was kinda confused at first considering we never saw what happened to saractus, carnifex, xeri, or even where Umbra is now. On top of only just now meeting the other race, and Jack never having met Solaris or anyone now meeting them as deities
>>
File: The End 2.png (588KB, 960x513px)
The End 2.png
588KB, 960x513px
[Outside the tunnels]

A towering entity is slowly crushing the mountains with its elongated skeletal appendages. The surrounding terrain and land doesn't exist anymore... With each strike the entity corrodes the matter, leaving behind a chaotic void.

The entity speaks up in a dreadful outwordlish voice.

Pantocrator
"YOU DAMNED SPECK OF IDLE ENERGY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"

The entity continues to crush the mountains, killing everybody inside. Mother and father of everything, raises two of its arms, holding the mutilated bodies of Lua and Solaris.

Pantocrator
"EVEN MY CHILDREN, HOPING THEY WILL BUILD THE PATH, THEY FAIL ME AS WELL."

The entity crushes their bodies, making them disappear into the void. A rhapsody of chaos and destruction, as the Pantocrator continues to reap everything in its path, slowly turning Elysia into an endless sea of chaos.

Pantocrator
"I AM EVERYTHING AND NOTHING, AND THE ENERGY OF THIS WORLD IS STILL IN DISARRAY! SOME OF YOU EVEN SEEK TO DEFY MY WILL! WHY WON'T ANY OF YOU FORGE THE PATH!"

After hours of senseless destruction... Elysia, and everything within it, is no more.

Pantocrator
"OH BUT FATHER, YOU PROMISED A FAIR WAR. I WAS THE MOST FAITHFUL CHILD, I COULD HAVE FORGED THE PATH, I NEED MORE TIME... YOU HAVE FAILED ME LUA, ASTRAL SPIRIT, YOU HAD POTENTIAL, BUT IN THE END YOU FAILED!"

The deity sits in the chaotic void and is idle for a few moments.

Pantocrator
"Millennia of work... gone... in a few hours..."
>>
File: The End 3.png (458KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 3.png
458KB, 960x513px
Pantocrator opens his palm and suddenly an orb appears.

Pantocrator
"So... we meet yet again. Tell me, why can't you succeed..."

Orb
[Pulses light]

Pantocrator
"I know that it hurts, bringing you back into this chaotic void..."

Orb
[Pulses light four times]

Pantocrator
"I don't care... the only thing that I want is for the path to be forged and after all this time..."

The entity pauses for a moment.

Pantocrator
"I'm wasting my time... haha... HAHAHA... oh dear energy, I've spend so much time with you in your form that I've started to think like you... time... I wonder how it feels to be restricted by laws..."

Orb
[Pulses light two times]

Pantocrator
"You messed up, you dabbled with things a mortal should never dabbled with. Becoming a deity is one thing, but seeking the truth is another. You made a critical mistake, you chose to peek at the truth and because of that, I had to erase everything... again.... and again... and again... and again... YOU NEVER FORGE THE PATH!"

The Pantocrator grabs and squeezes the orb with its huge skeletal fingers. But before the orb burst into nothingness once more, the entity speaks up.

Pantocrator
"However... this time you managed something new... at least it wasn't a duplicate like the last few times... Alright, I'll be nice this time. You have a few moments. After that short time expires, all will be nothing... yet again..."
>>
I love your work grub, but i feel this quest is ending wayy too soon...
>>
>>562137
>but i feel this quest is ending wayy too soon
I'll touch upon this topic as well, as soon as I post the remaining scenes
>>
File: The End 4.png (282KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 4.png
282KB, 960x513px
Orb
[Pulses light]

Pantocrator
"So many regrets... too bad you won't remember anything once we start again... and again... and again... and again..."

The Pantocrator summons a huge hourglass, blood slowly dripping.

Orb
[Pulses light four times]

Pantocrator
"You are Jack Chitin, you WORTHLESS... AND YOU CHOSE TO FORSAKE THAT, BELIEVING THAT THINGS WILL WORK OUT!"

The entity lets out a disappointed sigh. The chaos void slowly start to fade, turning into an endless sea of darkness.

Pantocrator
"YOUR time is ticking... why are you talking to me? Enjoy your last moments, once the time runs out, all will be nothing... yet again..."

Suddenly the orb disappears on it's own.
>>
File: The End 5.png (223KB, 960x513px)
The End 5.png
223KB, 960x513px
Alone in the void, the Pantocrator summons his book and starts writing. After a few moments he suddenly stops, drawing a wavy line in frustration after the last rune. He takes the levitating panel and pierces the book in rage. Suddenly the book heals it by closing the hole.

As the Pantocrator lets out frustrated groan, a familiar face swings by.

Deity Realm
"Oh hi!~ I was in the neighbourhood, I though I should stop by~", she said in a seductive voice

The Pantocrator lets out an annoyed sigh.

Deity Realm
"So, we are going to try again?"

A long pause before the entity replies.

Pantocrator
"How can you be so cheerful, this book contains and endless amount of pages, all filled with failure..."

Deity Realm
"It has to click at some point~"

Pantocrator
"Yeah..."

The Pantocrator flips a new blank page and slowly starts writing.
>>
File: The End 6.png (22KB, 960x513px)
The End 6.png
22KB, 960x513px
[...]

Jack opens his eyes and takes a deep breath in panic. As he looks around he notices that he's resting on the ground near a fireplace. He touches his face and chest.

Jack
"No way... this can't be..."

Jack slowly stands up.

Jack
"Wait... these clothes... my hair... this scene... this was right before..."

Jack notices the Pantocrator's crimson red mark on his forearm, that's slowly changing into different runes.

Jack
"A moment of happiness... ha... haha... HAHAHAHA ha h-ha h-ha..."

Slowly, Jack's laughter turns into sobs of sadness and despair.

Jack
"You promised... a moment of happiness...", he said with tears flowing down his eyes

Suddenly a scream startles Jack.
>>
File: The End 7.png (20KB, 960x513px)
The End 7.png
20KB, 960x513px
Jack instinctively starts running towards the location.

Jack
"No... that scream, I know... no no no NO NO NO NO!"

After a few seconds of running, he notices a towering beast attacking a poor defenceless peasant girl. Jack's face goes pale.

Jack
"That thing... that is the thing that bit me... no, you won't claim anybody today!"

Jack throws a few knives at the beast to get its attention. As the beast attacks Jack, he dodges and stabs it in the head with the hunting knife. The creature lets out a horrifying scream as it falls dead to the ground. Jack quickly runs towards the peasant girl.

The poor girl is covering her head in fear, lying on the ground, quietly sobbing. It seems the beast hasn't harmed her. Jack tries to utter words as the torch he's been carrying so long, finally lights brighter. He tries and tries, but not a single letter leaves his mouth, only and endless trail of tears flow down his face.
>>
File: The End 8.png (20KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 8.png
20KB, 960x513px
>>562337

The girl looks up.

Luna
"Oh thank you! Thank you kind sir!"

Jack
"That face... that voice...", he said with a lump in his throat

Luna
"I always try to avoid these things, but this time it caught me off guard. I live not far from here with my parents. We own the local watermill, you are more than welcome to join us for dinner. We're poor... so I hope you don't mind eating just bread, haha. It's the least I could do~", she said with a giggle while wiping her tears away
>>
File: The End 9.png (9KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 9.png
9KB, 960x513px
Jack slowly places his shaking palm on Luna's beautiful face.

Jack
"I'm just glad that you are safe..."

Suddenly a sharp pain on Jack's forearm. He gazes upon the rune, only to see it slowly disappear. As Jack gazes back at Luna, he notices that the surrounding terrain slowly starts to disappear as well.

Jack
"You are so beautiful..."

Luna blushes and gazes to the ground.

Luna
"Thank you. You look handsome yourself..."

As Luna looks at Jack again, they both get closer. More and more terrain slowly starts to disappear, only seconds before all is nothing... Mesmerized by each other, their heads slowly getting closer. Their lips slowly quiver...
>>
File: The End 10.png (4KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
The End 10.png
4KB, 960x513px
THE END
>>
>Lost the thread at chapter 18
>come back
>literally no idea what's happening

What's going on?
>>
>>562362

Thread 18
https://archive.b-stats.org/qst/thread/485909#p485909

Thread 19
>>509329
>>
>>562371
Did I just miss the entire rest of the quest? Fug
>>
While that was still an interesting turn of events, it just seems that was so much more left for the story for it to end now, the questions from my last post and now with why was Jack's existence was repeatedly chosen by the pantocrator.
>>
>>562396
Just catch up to the two threads, you left off at thread 18, right?

>>562410
>it just seems that was so much more left for the story for it to end now
Yes, it might feel that it ended a bit abruptly, but I'll get into the details in a moment. Regarding the Pantocrator, it's more of a symbolic meaning since the Pantocrator is both everything and nothing.
>>
So, after 4 months, the quest finally comes to an end. Before I go into detail about few things, first and foremost:

Thank you everybody for participating in the quest, it was really fun!

And now to the details. This was my first quest, in all possible aspects. I didn't have much experience in writing/drawing/storytelling before I started this. At first, I though of doing something simple that arcs over a few months. With time, the quest became more and more complicated in all aspects.

I'm pretty happy how the quest turned out, but in retrospect, I should have probably started off with a more simpler quest to get a hang of being a QM. However, I learned A LOT. There were bumps on the road, good and bad times. As to the somewhat abrupt ending, there are a few reasons why I chose to do so:

>The quest was a point where I though it would be nice to wrap up
>I wanted to leave some room and some open ended stuff for the players. Some things were left ambiguous regarding a few characters and what happened to them.
>At some point I might return to the TTOJC world and do a spinoff or something in the same timeline, to conclude the other character's stories

I'll take a break from TTOJC. It's a finished quest, that has developed lore, so I can get back to the lore at some point in the future to do a sequel or something.

For now, I'll think about and prepare a new project in the upcoming days. I'm not exactly sure when I'll start the next project, but I'll regularly update the twitter to let you guys know.
>>
There's a chance Jack will be revisited?
It almost seemed cut off how everything was just getting started and the pantocrator "flipped the card table"
I would really like to see what happened to the other characters, especially velvet, considering she got brushed aside in that last bit for Luna.
Along with my previous question
>>562003
Carnifex had so much build-up for who he might have been, with him leaving for a different deity. Despite luna's brainwashing it didn't seem like it was ready to end for her, considering the new yuni race never mattered in the end. Xeri similarly had implied she would return, etc.
While I liked the ending for how it linked some things together, I can't help but feel a little disappointed with how many loose ends or seemingly abandoned arcs there were.
>>
>final moment of happiness
>Luna
:^)
>>
well that came out of nowhere.
no idea how i feel about this but well.
lets see how the next game will be.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.