[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Megadungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Megadungeon.jpg (921KB, 1600x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Megadungeon.jpg
921KB, 1600x1234px
Call me Ishmael.

Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - a great calamity struck the world. The sky closed and the earth shook and the cities of men crumbled into dust. And all the world was encased in a vast dungeon, and all the people therein, entombed.

No one knows why or how this happened. None are alive now who remember the great cities of man, the pure blue of the summer sky, the feel of real sunlight. These things exist now only in legend, in a space without living memory.

Now men claw and scratch for their daily bread. They pay for their small enclaves of civilization with blood. They fight ceaselessly against the waves of monsters and myth and nightmares made real.

For most, life is a wretched and short existence. But a few find solace and freedom in the maze. And there is power and wealth and secrets beyond imagining if one but braves the dangers to find and take them.

Who am I? Just a wanderer, a seeker of secrets -- the greatest of which is the mystery of my own birth.

This my tale. Welcome to The Megadungeon

Last Thread: >>500552

My wanderings have lead me to the southern wall of the Kaleat Alhadid -- a network of castles separated by a maze of pits and walls. There are rumors that a powerful warlock has taken up residence here. This warlock may know something about my birth.

Thus far I've encountered and attracted the attention of a band of lizardmen, wounding the leader, or Khan, and killing three others.

The Khan and his lizardmen were close to capturing me, but with the help of a demon-possessed prisoner named Omel (whom I freed), the lizardmen were routed. Subsequently Omel turned on me and tried to kill me but somehow (and I'm still not clear how) I was able to convince him to leave me in peace.

After discovering the main keep, I found a map, lost an eye and almost died. I encountered the resident warlock, witnessed an arcane ritual and came close to finding out about my origins--before Omel crashed the party. Now I'm trying to chase after them, though it might already be too late.

Refer to last post:

There is not enough information here to attempt anything. And if the mosaic has taught me anything, its that nothing is to be trusted in this place.

I head for the eastern door. The knob turns easily, but the door is jammed. I launch my shoulder against the door and it bursts open into a cavernous hallway. Parts of the ceiling have collapsed, blocking passage.

>I should explore this hallway
>I should try one of the other doors, clearly the wizard didn't go this way
>I should leave this place entirely
>>
>>539273
Old thread: >>519580

Ishmael

HP: 6/7
AC: 2
XP: 50/1000

Stats

Str - 11 (+2)
Dex - 8 (+1)
Con - 7 (+1)
Int - 9 (+1)
Wis - 7 (+1)
Cha - 9/11 (+1)

Skills

Awareness
Decipher
Lore
Survival

Special Abilities

Command: Can command demons, spirits and elementals (you are not aware of this
ability yet)
Lucky: Once per day, turn a miss into a partial success
Tough: +1 Armor
Slayer: +2 Melee Damage

Inventory/Equipment

Lizardman Bone Sword (d6+1)
Throwing Knives (d6-1) (x1/3)
Light Armor (Armor 1)
Gem Necklace (50s)
Purse of Silver (300s)
Pair of Strange Stockings
Occult Items (x2)
>>
>>539273
>I should try one of the other doors, clearly the wizard didn't go this way
If the door was jammed they didn't go this way
>>
>>539279
>>534997
>>537109

If the door is jammed, the wizard obviously didn't go this way. However, trying all the other doors in the room, I find that, in fact, they are all stuck. Their knobs turn easily but the doors themselves do not budge.

Did the wizard even come through this way?

>I should break through the northwestern door, a squat, heavy door of iron
>I should break through the southern door, a large wooden door
>I head through the western tunnel
>I should leave this place for good
>Write-in
>>
>>539287
I guess we can try breaking down the wooden door or something?
>>
>>539287
>I should break through the southern door, a large wooden door
>>
>>539318
>>539330
It takes a couple of good kicks (the door is surprisingly sturdy), but eventually the frame gives away and the door bursts open. Before me is a winding hallway with torches at odd intervals. Lit torches. I keep a ready hand on my sword and enter.

I walk for about 200' before there is a fork in the path. To my left a wooden portcullis separates the hallway from another room. The room is empty, save a channel dug horizontally into the center of the room with something silver and liquid flowing through it. On the walls of the room are images of hideous creatures playing some kind of board game...actually it looks similar to the puzzle in the statue room!

The area in front of the portcullis is larger than the hallway and its floor is made of polished smooth stone, instead of the rough rock of the hallway.

To the right the hallway continues.

>I should keep going through the hallway
>I should check out the room with the channel
>Write-in
>>
>>539345
>I should check out the room with the channel
>>
>>539345
Take a good look at the pictures to figure how the game works
>>
All this disappearing and reappearing with no notice is why you have so few players OP.
>>
>>542969
Sorry its been a hectic week. Still trying to get some things sorted. Hopefully we can have a real session this weekend (probably starting around 9 AM EST Sunday)
>>
>>547893
Actually I changed my mind. This quest is not really going anywhere.

This was my first quest attempt so not everything was well-thought out, but it is not my last quest. I'm going to try again with a, hopefully more solid, quest

Thanks for playing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.