[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shattered Void Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: ShatteredVoid.png (1MB, 896x671px) Image search: [Google]
ShatteredVoid.png
1MB, 896x671px
For a moment, there is only darkness. You blink, once, then twice, and you see the old man in the distance. There is still only darkness and no source of light is visible, so you can't help but wonder how you can see the old man so clearly when you can barely see your own fingers.

As if on cue, a light shines from behind you. Yet it is more than light. It is hope, warmth, perhaps something else. It calls you, begs you to approach it and you feel yourself attracted to it.

However, even though he is facing away from you, the man also beckons you closer.

> Go to the Light
> Go to the Old Man.
>>
>>538872
> Go to the Old Man.
>>
>>538872

You step away from the light, going towards the man. As you approach him, you notice he is much older than you previously thought, his skin wrinkled beyond measure, his nails dry and cracked, his hair white, thin and in complete disarray.

He turns to you, eyes wide and void, filled with a despair without match. He screams and jumps at you, clawing at your skin, his strength far outmatching that of what somDoctor we're losing him!eone his age should have.

You feel as his shattered nails break your skIf it continues like this they are going to break through, he have to abort!in and blood flows out out like a river. He tears at your chest as you simply look at him, your arms too weak to resist, to even move.

He tears your chest open and He is lost, shut him down, now! tears your very heart out of your chest. The beast that used to be a man licks its lipWe're trying sir, but nothing is working on him!s before sinking their teeth into the pulsating organ.

Let's see if this thing can stop it!

The light shines brighter and envelops you two as the monster delights itself on your body, and you can't help but notice that its warmth feels so very very wrong.

--

You open your eyes.

Around you is what used to be an operation room, but now houses three dead bodies, walls smeared with blood and, near your neck, stuck in the bed you are laying, a fire-axe.

There are remains of a ceiling camera by the corner of the room, shattered glass and mirrors by the floor, a door to the left that leads out of the room where you can see a red warning light blinking, another to the right where a white light at the ceiling flickers. Above you there is a very complex looking machine, with a very large needle pointing right at where your head was resting.

You are wearing nothing but one of those flimsy, paper-thin blue gowns that one wears when they are going to be operated. You do not remember who you are. You do not remember where you are.

>Search the room
>Go to the door on the right
>Go to the door on the left
>>
>>538901
Well that escalated quickly
> go to the room on the right
>>
>>538901
And take the axe with us?
>Go to the door on the left
>>
>>538910
>>538911

You take the axe and head for the room on the right. There is a man here, another doctor, who appears to have tried to wash his face with some sort of corrosive substance. He doesn’t appear to be alive.

You suspect this is where the doctors got ready for the surgery. There are more blue gowns, sinks, soap, mirrors attached to the walls, disposable gloves and another door that leads onwards.

There is a cellphone on the floor, near the dead man and a trail of blood leaving the room.

>Pick up phone
>Look at the mirror
>Move on
>Go back from where you came
>>
>>538923
>Pick up phone
>Look at the mirror
>>
>>538927

You pick up the phone, seeing that it is recording audio message to someone named Sam, a large drop of blood where the recording button is stopping it from cutting. You then notice, with some surprise, that you don’t even remember how you look.

You stare in the mirror, observing your dark hair, your young face and your dark ey-
your dark ey-
your-

You take the axe and head for the room on the right. There is a man here, another doctor, who appears to have tried to wash his face with some sort of corrosive substance. He doesn’t appear to be alive.

You suspect this is where the doctors got ready for the surgery. There are more blue gowns, sinks, soap, mirrors attached to the walls, disposable gloves and another door that leads onwards.

There is a trail of blood leaving the room.

You notice you have a cellphone in your hand. Strange.

>Look at the mirror
>Move on
>>
>>538933

Did we just forget everything when we saw our eyes?
>>
>>538938
> Did we just forget everything when we saw our eyes?
Forget what?

You go back to the room where you woke up, noticing now that all the nurses and doctors appear to be quite young. Too young, in fact. You can swear this one isn’t even past puberty, more like a kid pretending to be a doctor. And that one can’t be over 15.

You also notice that all of their injuries seem to be self inflicted.

>Go back to the room on the right
>Go to the room on the left
>>
>>538947
> listen to recording on phone
> go to the room on the left
>>
>>538947
>Go to the room on the left
Red light, must be a control room.
>>
>>538953
>>538954

You look at the phone and notice that it is recording an audio message to someone named Sam, a large drop of blood where the recording button is stopping it from cutting. You stop the recording, then press play.

“The containment has failed! Whatever it is, it is far stronger than anything we’ve seen before. I… I can feel it already. I’ll… I’ll try to stop it, alright? Hold it as much as I can. If it co- ah- if it comes to this, start puri- purification protoco-”

The rest is garbled screams, until there is silence, then eventually steps as someone comes in and picks up the phone, little before the recording is stopped. Strange, it seems as if somenoe passed the white light room soon before you. But you didn’t hear your own footsteps on the recording, which makes even less sense.

You go to the red room, and see what immediately reminds you of one of those flashing lights police officers put on top of their cars. You can’t remember their names. Hell, you can’t even remember how you know what a police car is.

The room you are in, which looks like a waiting room, is filled with incredibly old people. They remind you of the old man in your dream, except these ones are not attacking you. No, they are all staring wide eyed at nothing, their limbs twisted in weird angles, and they also do not appear to breathe.

However, they do have normal clothes, unlike every other person you’ve seen so far.

There is a closed door at the other side, and a tv flashing “Containment Protocol Active”. There is also another door with “Maintenance” on it.

>What will you do?
>>
>>538968
>Go to maintenance.

This is a creepy one.
>>
>>538968
> loot the bodies for some new threads
> go to maintenance
Maybe we can shut the power off
>>
>>538971
>>538973

> loot the bodies for some new threads
You don’t like doing it, but you take the clothes out of some of them, so you are not walking around naked. You throw away the wallet of the man whose pants you’ve taken, tightening the belt. It all fits quite loosely in you, and you can’t help but notice that you must be really young.

In fact, you haven’t felt this good since you were a teenager.

Wait, what?

You… you… Shake your head. Your head hurts. You decide to stop thinking about it for now.

--

You open the maintenance door to find a crack. It isn’t a crack in the wall, as much as a crack into what appears to be reality itself. It also appears to have the shape of a ten-legged spider which is currently trying to burrow itself in the ey-
currently trying to burrow itself in the ey-
currently trying to b-
curren-

You open the maintenance door to find a sobbing old man in the corner of the room, hugging his legs with his bloody hands and hiding his face from view. There are mostly cleaning tool such as brooms and mops, but those are all broken into several parts.

In fact, everything that appears to be made of a material less resistant than metal appears to be broken, but you do manage to spot an intact walkie-talkie among the trash.

>What will you do?
>>
>>538976
>Pocket the walky.
>Try and talk to man.
>>
>>538983

You take the walky-talky and approach the old man. Your voice comes out hoarse and you realize you hadn’t used it yet.

“Sir? Are you alright, sir?”

He doesn’t respond, shaking from one side to the other, whispering what seems to be “don’t listen to them” over and over.

You notice that Vincent, according to the fallen id card on the floor, appears to be over a hundred years of age and, by the uniform he was using when the picture on it was taken, a soldier. Poor bastard. Whatever happened to him to make him so scared?

You try to talk to Vincent, shake him off, but he ignores you.

>Write in
>>
>>538997
> get out of the spooky glitch room
> if his ID card is a swipe one take that
> try the other door
>>
>>539003
This. Also why is the QM so focussed on eyes?
Also why is the QM so focussed on eyes-
why is the QM so focussed on eyes-
QM so focussed on eyes-
focussed on eyes-
eyes-
>>
>>539003

> get out of the spooky glitch room
> if his ID card is a swipe one take that
The ID isn’t a swipe card, apparently being only useful for identification, containing picture, name, age, blood type, etc.

> try the other door
It is closed, and upon putting your weight against it, you notice that it is incredibly heavy, not moving by an inch. You try to look through the gap below, but notice that there is no gap, or it is so small that it looks as if it is glued to the ground.

>Write in
>>
>>539011
We have an axe. Haven't you watched the shining?
>>
>>539013
Break the door down, should probably specify before you murder the Vincent guy.
>>
>>539015
>Break the door down, should probably specify before you murder the Vincent guy.

You swing your axe against it, a couple of times and do no damage, before you approach it and notice that beneath the plain wood there is metal.

You don’t think you will be able to burst through it with an axe.

Just for good measure, you try your axe on the wall, to discover that it is also impenetrable.
>>
>>539020
..... well fuck with a toaster.
>Look at that Vincent guy
>Use the walkey.
>>
>>539020
We never did properly investigate the operating room
I suppose if we can't break out we can use the radio to tell them that the purification protocol was a success but there are numerous people in need of emergency medical care.
Also look for some sunglasses in case or eyes are creepy
>>
>We never did properly investigate the operating room
You go back to the operating room and check the bodies. They don’t have anything of interest but their identification cards, on which you find the notation of the age quite weird. Such as the one guy who looked 15, but whose the ID said “103+6”. In fact, all of them have a number above a hundred plus something.

--

You go back to the maintenance room, keeping an eye on Vincent, before using the walkie.

“Anyone there?”

There is a garbled mess, then static, until finally an intelligible voice comes out of it.

“Holy shit, this line is still alive? I thought everyone over there was already dead! It’s Sara, I somehow managed to survive this long, but I was starting to think I wouldn’t make it. Who are you? How did you survive so long?”

>What do you tell her?
>>
>>539035
I must have taken a blow to the head, i just woke up. You wouldn't happen to know how to get the doors open would you?
>>
>>539035
We should ask Vincent if Sara means anything to him, maybe we will get a reaction?
>>
>>539039

>I must have taken a blow to the head, i just woke up. You wouldn't happen to know how to get the doors open would you?

“Wait… you… you just woke up? After four days? Wait… fuck, you are ground zero, aren’t you?” She sounds a bit afraid, then unsure. “Ah… Alright. We can solve this. We can work with it, I think. Even though you shouldn’t be alive, we can work with it. Where are you, right now?”

“I don’t know, Sara. I am on some sort of waiting room, there are a lot of… dead old people here. And there was guy who I found hiding in the maintenance room-”

“Is he curled up into a ball?”

“Yeah.”

“Leave him. He was one of they lucky ones, but he won’t recover, they never do. If… forget it. It is best if you just come to meet me, so I can explain everything in person. It will be easier that way. If you are on one of the waiting rooms, then you are probably near the exit. I am sorry, but while we haven’t dealt with this thing I can’t let you leave. Can you make your way to me? If I am reading the current map right, it should be a straight line from there to here, through the operating room. The cracks have broken the rest.”

“The cracks?”

“I’ll explain when you get here. Just come straight here and don’t stop if you happen to see anything weird, alright? It doesn’t do good to your mind to stare at those things. Can you do that?”

>Comply
>Say that you need to know more
>Write in.
>>
>>539053
>Say that you need to know more
Sound panicky and confused. Even if we are not.
>>
>>539062

“Hey, wait a second! What the hell is going on here? You can’t just tell me ‘hey come here’ when there is a pile of dead people around me! What the fuck happened to these people? And what the fuck is this this Containment Protocol? And the Purification one?”

“Where did you hear that?”

“It is flashing in a screen.”

“No, I know that the containment one is, but how do you know about the Purification one? That is just for the central to know, and even then, it is only in a severe need-to-know basis. If there had been issued, well we wouldn’t be here, would it? This whole base would have already disappeared off the map. Though it probably didn’t get sent, with the interference, and everything. We were pushed to our last resources here, having to use cellphones and goddamn walkie-talkies to communicate.” She said, as if using cellphones was absurd. “Look, can you do me a favor and erase that message so they don’t blow us up? Thank you.”

“What happened to the old people? Why are they dead? And what killed the doctors?”

“The old people, as you so elegantly call them, are here to enlist in the Void Army, just like you did. They died because, as a normal part of initiation, you let out an unthinkable monster which we were unable to contain. It then proceeded to kill everyone in its path and corrupt the very core of current reality, at least on this base.”

“Is there anything else you’d like to know, or are you finally going to come?”
>>
>>539080
Alright! Ok! Just how do I shut this protocol off!

>Follow the directions. Keep that axe handy.
>>
>>539089

>Just how do I shut this protocol off!
“We kill the beast, then I can release the locks. Of course, that is easier said than done.”

You go past the room with the flickering white light. It appears to be a meal room, strangely enough, though you can’t see why anyone would connect a meal room with a surgery prep-room. You see that there are four teenager’s bodies here.

You also notice a-
You also notice a-
You also not-
You al-
You al-
You als-
You also-
You also notice-
You also notice a crack. It isn’t a crack in the wall but it looks to be a crack in the world itself. The shape confuses you, blinks, then finally you can see it, even though you were staring at it the entire time.

The crack in the world takes the shape of a very cute bunny, sitting atop one of the corpses, and looking straight at you.

>Move on to the door on other side of the room.
>Interact with the bunny.
>>
>>539097
We remember Monty Python! Get to the door and keep the axe handy! Dont take an eye off that rabbit!
>>
>>539106

You keep moving, axe in hand, never taking your eyes off the rabbit.

Until it speaks, that is, with a voice that is the auditory equivalent of a crack in reality.

“Arthur? Where do you think you are going? You think she is going to save you, Arthur? That she is going to help you? Didn’t you hear? She needs to kill me before she can leave. And I came from you. And I am still a part of you. You know what that means, don’t you, Arthur? She is going to kill you, because that is the only way she can leave.”

You reach the other door, still looking at the thing.

>Leave
>Talk to it (What?)
>>
>>539097
Supporting >>539106
>>
>>539113
>Talk to it (What?)
Part of me? Your some rip in reality! What are you!
>>
>>539113
>Talk to it
What the fuck is a Void Soldier. From what radio girl said you were separated from me as part of a normal procedure to enlist and I can't have been supposed to die if I was going to enlist.
>>
>>539118
>Part of me? Your some rip in reality! What are you!

“I? I am the part of you that can’t stand it any longer. That can’t stand life, that can’t stand existence. I am old age, I am the tiredness in your bones, every trauma and every fear. I am everything you hate looking, taken shape. I am the part of your personality that you gave away for a new body. Much like all the others here. What they don’t realize… is that some monsters can’t be killed. Some things are eternal, and that when you prod at death itself for too long, death may decide to prod back.”

“But now, I am giving you a chance. Become one with me, die here, and your worries will disappear. Run away from me and when I catch you, and you can be sure that I will, I shall shatter your mind into a million pieces, much as I did with the others. And then I shall do it again and again, until there is no part of your soul left.”

“I give you the chance not many have: that of a peaceful death. All you have to do,” he says, approaching you. “Is take my hand.”
>>
>>539130
One of the things I didn't give up to get a new body is clearly a fear of death. I got in this situation by running from it and I am not about to stop now. (Kick something at the bunny and run away.)
>>
>>539130
Pull out the walk talky and ask this woman what our name is, if it's not Arthur or the rabbit is about to reach us, get through the door.
>>
>>539138
And run anyways.
>>
>>539136
>>539138

> One of the things I didn't give up to get a new body is clearly a fear of death.
“Of course not. Fear of death keeps you alive. I am the negation of that feeling. Yet death must come to all.”

>Pull out the walk talky and ask this woman what our name is.
The rabbit sees your hesitation and stops, backing away and giving you space.

“Hey, Sara?”

“Yes?”

“Is there any way you could check to see if you can figure out my name?”

“Maybe, it should be right here in the records… right here. Zero time matches the time of the operation of someone called Arthur Backall. Should be you.”

>Kick the bunny and run away
>Keep talking with him
>>
>>539147
>>Kick the bunny and run away
It is gonna go for our throat any moment now...
>>
>>539147
>Don't kick the bunny hit it with the axe and start running!

Sara! I've got a rabbit that knows my name and is threatening to kill me here!
>>
>>539149
>>539151

You move to kick the bunny, but it feels your intention and backs away to safety.

“You will regret this, human. Remember this moment, when I gave you a way out and you shunned it. Remember it, because you can be sure I will.”

The crack twists and vanishes, the cracks transforming into lines, the lines transforming into nothing.

“Ah, Sara?”

“Yes?”

“A bunny made out of a crack in the world just offered to kill me.”

“And? What did you say?”

“No, obviously.”

“Good. That means you are till sane. Though I didn’t think you’d be able to talk to them so soon. That is a problem. Come on, get here soon so we can meet.”

>Explore the area
>Go to Sara
>>
>>539155
>Explore the area
>>
>>539155
>>Explore the area
Might as well grab a snack on the way through. (how did we not see this room when we where exploring previously?)
>>
>>539157
>>539159

>Might as well grab a snack on the way through. (how did we not see this room when we where exploring previously?)
It was the door beyond the surgery-prep room, in which you did not enter.

The room is filled with one large table and several chairs around it. Sitting in the chairs are three teenagers who have used their cutlery in diverse manners to kill themselves. The fourth teen has bashed his head against the corner of the table until his skull caved in.

The food in the table is, unfortunately, covered with blood. However, you can see a vending machine near one of the walls, so you help yourself to the contents of one of the teen’s wallets and grab a few snacks.

On closer observation, you notice that the door frames are filled with very small cracks.

“Sara, the doors-”

“They are cracking, yes. It has been changing the layout of this place for a while, though now it seems to have stabilized.”

You see in one corner, on a separate table, a microwave, which appears to be, unfortunately, empty.
>>
>>539164
Let's not risk it and run to Sara. Maybe ask about anything she knows about this crack monster thing and it's reality fuggin.
>>
>>539166

You decide it is better not to delay yourself when you are being potentially chased by a homicidal rabbit made out of cracks into the very foundations of reality and make haste. After a few empty corridors and rooms with more people who have killed themselves in horrible ways, you finally arrives at a very sturdy looking metal door.

“I am here, open up.”

You knock on the door and it opens up, leading you into an ample mirrored room. As you enter, the door slams shut behind you.

“I am sorry, Arthur. But I can’t let you leave this place. Not with that thing.”

That was when you feel the air getting warmer, and the metal ground starts shining bright red, the air becoming dense and thick in a second.

“I am truly, truly sorry.”

And, as you fell to the ground, you couldn’t help but curse her and stare at the mirrored walls, observing your dark hair, your young face and your dark ey-
your young face and your dark ey-
your young face and your da-
your young face a-
your youn-
you-
-

- End of First Thread -

Thank you for participating! What did you think of it? Any questions or suggestions? Critics? Things I can improve?
>>
>>539169
Nah. Seems you got your writing style. Not bad either. Like it. See yah.
>>
>>539169
Oh man. I was gonna post to ask her what her plan was but because the bunny said we would live to regret it I thought we probably would :(

>What did you think of it?
Shit was scary OP. You might get more people involved if you add some more specific action prompts (even if they just lead to mediocre results). Oh and some posts you left the prompts off, like the second to last one. I thought that was a 1/2 post or something.
>>
>>539172
Yeah, It is 5am here, so that might have something to do with it. I'll try to remember it next time.

I'll probably run it same time today (tomorrow? depends on your time zone I guess) but it I do I'll warn on /qtg/. If this thread is still alive I'll remain on it.
>>
>>539169
>a homicidal rabbit made out of cracks into the very foundations of reality
Donnie Darko Quest?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.