[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mage Chantry Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: magetarot_8820.gif (27KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
magetarot_8820.gif
27KB, 197x256px
Twelve years ago today the Umbra was lost to us. The old masters are missing presumed dead, as are innumerable amounts of lore and artifacts. We have recovered, to an extent, but not nearly to the levels that we once were. The only bright side is that the Ascension War has, for the most part, ended. You are a leader of one of the surviving Chantries, a place where mages can live, work magic, and store their lore.

But first, what are you?
Traditions
>Order of Hermes
>Celestial Chorus
>Euthanos
>Cult of Ecstasy
>Dreamspeakers
>Verbena
>Sons of Ether
>Akashic Brotherhood
>Virtual Adepts
>Mixed (Select Which) (Note that mixed Chantries have more flexibility, but also more issues)

Technocracy (Note that as Technocrats you will be subject to orders and budgets from above, but will have access to a greater degree of infrastructure)
>Syndicate
>New World Order
>Progenitors
>Iteration X
>Void Engineers
>MIxed (Select Which)
>>
Twitter
https://twitter.com/FocalorAnon?lang=en

Anyone want explanations of the various factions? If so, which ones?
>>
>>537703
I'm not familiar with any of the factions. Do you have a pastebin that explains them?
>>
>>537758
Not a pastebin, but I'll give you the cliffnotes (I forgot that not everyone is familiar with Mage the Ascension)

Order of Hermes: Old fashioned wizards, with the robes, the wands, and all that good stuff.

Celestial Chorus: Religious miracle-workers. The mainstream subscribes to a universalist religion, but there's members of most religions among them.

Euthanos: Assassins, and death cultists. Work to balance karma by punishing people who do bad things and rewarding people who do good.

Cult of Ecstasy: Use sex, drugs, and rock and roll to see beyond the illusion that is reality.

Dreamspeakers: Traditional shamans and medicine men from native cultures around the world.
>>
Verbena: Traditional European pagans.

Sons of Ether: Mad scientists. Believe that true science requires coolness, not replicability.

Akashic Brotherhood: Kung-fu monks and other eastern magical practitioners.

Virtual Adepts: Computer hackers that have learned to hack reality.
>>
>>537776
>Virtual adepts
We will achieve the singularity
>>
These are all members of the Nine Mystical Traditions, an organization united to free humanity from the Technocracy. The Technocracy is devoted to wiping out magic and rendering the world safe for normal humans to live in, as well as advancing technology.

The Technocracy is made up of:

The Syndicate: Money guys, the super rich, and big business.

The New World Order: Spies, academics, the media, all serving the idea of a one world government.

Progenitors: Super-biologists

Iteration X: Super-engineers and 'hard scientists'

Void Engineers: Space explorers.
>>
>>537788
I'll give it another half hour or so then start up chargen.
>>
You are a Virtual Adept, one of the Elite who has learned how to manipulate reality itself through number-crunching. Some would call this reality hacking, maybe you are among their number.

What's your paradigm (how you see the world)

>Reality is a computer simulation (+0 points)
>I can hack anything (+3 Points)
>Through extreme number crunching, you can manipulate reality. (+1 Point)

Secondly, you have 10 Points to allocate on your base stats. If you have bonus points (from parentheses) you can spend them here on a 1-1 ratio, or you can save them.

The base stats are Mental, Physical, and Social.
>>
>>537871
>I can hack anything
I'm pretty sure this includes reality.
>>
>>537880
Sorry, it doesn't. It only includes things with computers, like brains, computers, and things like that. That's why it gives points.
>>
>>537871
Through extreme number crunching, you can manipulate reality
>>
>>537871
If you're confused I can give an example:

Cyberpunk:
Reality is a computer simulation
5 Physical
3 Mental
2 Social
>>
Next up is your Magic. By default you have 41 points to spend here, as well as two free Sphere dots. A sphere cannot rise higher than your Enlightenment, which is three right now. Raising a sphere or Enlightenment costs the new level in points. If you want to you can save some points here.

The Ten Spheres are:

>Correspondence: Teleporting, looking at distant locations, and things like that.
>Life: Manipulating living things
>Mind: Manipulating minds
>Data: Manipulating data, from books to computers to minds.
>Prime: Meta-science, creating hyper-advanced objects, boosting your other science, and things like that.
>Fate: Manipulating and seeing destiny
>Time: Seeing through time, slowing it down, speeding it up, and traveling through it.
>Dimensions: Manipulating Dimensions, traveling to different ones, and changing the laws of reality.
>Matter: manipulating base matter, breaking or transforming it.
>>
>>537904
>Matter
>Time

These two seem nice to have.
>>
I'm going to post a sample character. If you're feeling lazy, just vote for it.

Neo
Reality is a simulation

Stats:
5 Physical
4 Mental
1 Social

Enlightenment 5
Spheres:
Time 3
Data 5
Forces 3
Dimensions 3
>>
>>537915
>Neo
I'm sold we are in the matrix.
Let us experience the simulation.
>>
>>537915
Are we going to go Mr. Robot?
>>
>>537904
Prime, Matter, Dimensions, Time, Data all to three.
>>
>>537930
Never actually seen it, but from what I've heard it's a distinct possibility.
>>
Moving this to
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/mage-chantry-mage-the-ascension.426199/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.