[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 3.5 /qst/: Creation edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 6

Let's play some D&D 3.5, peeps!

We will create the character, choose the setting and sort out all other details by me stating what is to be chosen next, and the first person to reply (or the first person with a good idea) will have their idea selected.

Default races, classes and spells only, 4d6 drop lowest system, and be only a LITTLE sensible.

So, let's start this off. What setting?
>>
Baldur's Gate/ Forgotten Realms

I suppose i remember more of this one than other settings.
>>
>>535241

Baldur's Gate it is, or roughly around there.

Now, what race and what gender?
>>
Half Knife-ear
Female
>>
>>535271
I can get down with this
>>
>>535271

Female half-'elf' it is!

Now, if everyone can roll 4 d6's, it'll then be ordered into the stats. Gonna go hardcore, all the way from strength to charisma. You'll choose class after, let's go!
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 5, 6 = 22 (4d6)

>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2, 1 = 7 (4d6)

again!
>>
>>535324

17 strength, shiieeet.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 3, 2 = 12 (4d6)

and again!
>>
>>535329

17 strength.
6 dexterity.
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 1, 4 = 13 (4d6)

but that six hurts
>>
>>535336
17 strength.
6 dexterity.
12 constitution.
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 1, 3 = 11 (4d6)

Lets hope for the last two stats to pick it up for her!
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 1, 4 = 14 (4d6)

and finally, dat CHA
>>
Aw fuck missed the rolls. These stats are absolute ass cancer man.
>>
>>535345
most of them are, yes. I feel shame for my bad rolls.
>>
i want to reroll that DEX score if nothing else, it's so godawful
>>
>>535357
When I build my characters I have a lot of self insert. They end up lasting a long time because of it.

I'll admit that I'm not all that flexible, imma 8-9 in game terms but 6 is just retarded
>>
So, we are left with the pretty awful scores of..

17 strength.
6 dexterity.
10 constitution (made a mistake before)
12 intelligence.
10 wisdom.
13 charisma.

I will let you guys reroll them all once, or just go on with selecting a class. What's the consensus?
>>
>>535362
yeah, six means something like crippling childhood illness/injury
>>
>>535362
Actually scratch that since 10 is relatively speaking on average and I do on and off martial arts I'm 11-12, which just makes that 6 look even worse.
>>
>>535365
I would almost like total reroll, DESU, she is just so damn average for the most part.
>>
>>535376
Yeah I don't see how we can work with the six. I dunno maybe it can be really interesting character development?
>>
Looks like a reroll! You know the drill.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 2, 3 = 10 (4d6)

>>535389
I would be fine with rerolling that one damn stat, its our only bad point.
>>
>>535395
Fuck, maybe i need to stop rolling.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 1, 4 = 10 (4d6)

I mean, i'll keep rolling, but im worried for this chick.
>>
>>535411
fuck, a 9,9 to start. maybe you will have better luck.
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 2, 6 = 14 (4d6)

Okay imma try
>>
>>535423
Oh wow, thats better. Please keep it up! We may save her yet!
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 3, 6 = 16 (4d6)

>>535420
Also how is that a 9,9
Isn't that 10? Or are you subtracting one from the result each time?
>>
>>535429
4d6b3, dropping lowest die result
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 6, 6 = 19 (4d6)

>>535429
Your a wizard Harry!
>>535434
Ah

Also pray to the dice gods for good wisdom for perception.
>>
>>535437
You have the favor of the Dice Gods, anon!
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 2, 6 = 20 (4d6)

>>535437
17 perception check is GOAT

Char is meh personally but I'll bite
>>
>>535442
Fuckin A man! that's sorceress material right there!
>>
File: image.gif (31KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
31KB, 355x200px
>>535442
I don't even

K that's all my high rolls.
>>
>>535450
And you saved the character with them! Magic user, nearly certain, yes?
>>
9 strength.
9 dexterity.
13 constitution.
13 intelligence.
17 wisdom.
18 charisma.

So, uh.. You want these new stats or the old ones, guys?

Also choose class.
>>
>>535456
I'm actually thinking a warrior.

That doesn't even know she possesses supreme magical power.

Sounds pretty dope to me honestly
>>
>>535465
Actually that sounds really anime.

i dunno suggestions?
>>
>>535461
these stats work just fine

i vote sorceress since 3.5e, magic is OP
>>
>>535475
Yeah no shit, but I dunno... I wanna try something

OH SHIT. We're a merchant. Can we be a merchant and Jew everyone? We can be a sorceress merchant that keeps the sorcery under check until shit hits the fan. Fucking genius.
>>
>>535484
Fine with me, merchant is my favorite backstory. I always have trade goods and a cart/wagon if i can justify it.
>>
Seems like she is a Sorceress, then. Could become a Mystic Theurge later on, or whatever.

Let's talk alignment, I have a fun system for her name.
>>
>>535509
Okay, neutral good seems fine with me. Don't see why we would be chaotic or lawful. Evil is meh though.
>>
>>535509
alignment...
something in the NG/LN range is fine with me
>>
Anyone objecting to NG, then, or is that cool?

Also, choose a familar while you're all at it, then we will get to the name - then skills, feats and equipment.
>>
>>535540
Can... Can we have our familiar be the embodiment of a non-animate object?

Like a weapon with a sentient soul?

That would be fucking cool
>>
>>535540
I would like a raven, i've always been partial to them.
>>
>>535549

Probably not in the rules, but I would let you. Only caveat I would add is that, just like any familiar, if it is 'killed' you lose xp according to level. And it doesn't upgrade with level, you have to do that manually.

Everyone cool with that idea?
>>
>>535556
That's nice but how bout this: a stone snake, reason being is that if we had a pole arm as a weapon, he could coil around the head as a decoration and then in combat or whenever we beckon to him he leaps from the spear and bites people.

>>535559
If we can't do the sentient weapon then I'm voting for the stone snake as for reasons above
>>
>>535556
Or you can have a raven. World is your oyster, people.
>>
>>535559
I could deal with low-level weapon sentience with something like a ritual to upgrade it, yes.
>>
I dunno a bird is really useful though. Fuck I dunno.
>>
>>535568

Then let's go with that, just to speed things up, first weapon someone replies with is the weapon type. I get to choose then personality of the sword but you all choose the origin, go nuts with it swiftly and we can move on!
>>
>>535572
I do like the raven as stats go, bonus to appraise, and as merchant, it's appropriate
>>
>>535584

Also, sorcerers only get simple weapon proficiency im pretty sure, just fyi.
>>
>>535586

Whelp, well if people want a raven more, sure. If two people could roll D20's to decide, actually, would make this quick.
>>
>>535586
Meh, we can tame a raven with our super charisma easy

>>535584
Who said it was gonna be a sword?

I say it's a glaive we found at a recent battle site when we were traveling on the road. We gave food and drink to some of the soldiers that were not dying, and on a heap of corpses was a dead man roasted by fire and his armor disfigured. A glaive he was resting on and when we touched it it spoke to us in many languages at once. Slow and groggy, lost and hungry. We tamed it and gave it a new home and chance in life like the soldiers.
>>
>>535601
as simple weapons, we could have a spear, longspear, or shortspear if w you wanted to keep with a bladed polearm. I just got my PHB out.
>>
>>535597
I'm sorry for playing with your feelings qm.
I know it feels bad
>>
>>535597
Yeah, sorry man, just digging through my PHB and slow responses.
>>
>>535606
Seems like those are the only three options then. I like long spears personally.

Naaah spears probably aren't that good in this system anyways. You wanna just go with a long Sword?
>>
>>535622
can't have longsword, counts as a martial weapon. Spear is 1d8-1 accounting for our strength, longspear is more useful in a larger party, shortspear is better for throwing and 1d6-1 accounting for str.

i think standard spear is ok, maybe light crossbow as well.
>>
Alright, uuuuhhhhhhhh..

The choice seems to be a spear (closest thing a glaive in simple prof desu) generally, so lets just go with that and put it out of the way until later.

Let's talk name. With the first and second name, everyone just send what they like the most, and I will do my QM magic.
>>
>>535632
Katia/ Katya

surname is rather unimportant to me
>>
>>535632
Iromalis windiane
>>
>>535632
and i like that with her stats she could come off as a bit clumsy in a comedic way sometimes and it would actually make sense. she would make a damn fine merchant with those stats for the most part as well. I like where this chick is going.
>>
>>535657
Considering that her int correlates into iq, it makes sense that she would make a lot of decisions that anons would write-in. A very well rounded character.
>>
Katialis Windiane.

She has 12 skill points to spend, as a level 1 sorcerer.

2 feats, as well.

Any preferences?
>>
>>535671
definitely a few points in appraise and concentration, also profession (merchant) and Craft (something)

for feats...scribe scroll and diligent
>>
>>535676
maybe Craft (Alchemy), make some money with potion crafting and such on the side.
>>
>>535671
Appraise
Bluff
Diplomacy
Decipher script
Gather information
Listen
Disguise
Knowledge arcane
Profession merchant
Sense motive
Search
Spot

These all seem really useful

>>535676
I'm trusting your feat knowledge

I dunno what exactly to do though
>>
>>535671
maybe Mage Armor and Charm Person for 1st level spells, for unexpected combat and better deals in the marketplaces with our new friends.
>>
>>535695
I only know cause 3.5 is mostly what i played growing up and i have the Player's Handbook in front of me right now, i just say favor a few skills and pick a couple feats, and if not deligent, Spell Focus (Enchantment)
>>
>>535695
You do also have to remember class skills and only 12 skill points at 1st level. Maxing one or two would be to our best benefit, like Appraise for Merchant, and also Profession, along with Craft because great utility skill
>>
>>535719
You seem like you know what your doing a lot more than I am. Pathfinder has a whole load of shit.

Though personally I think going for more low key spells like comprehend languages and identify magic at first level are more appropriate for the character
>>
>>535731
I never had a chance to try PF, though comprehend languages would be a great utility spell.

I was mostly a 3.0/3.5 player with the occasional foray into other systems.
>>
>>535741
Ah I see, this ain't pathfinder then, just checked the title. That makes things a little easier. I think.

But yeah I trust your judgment in feats and skill choice whole heartedly, go for it. But I still stand by that level one spell choice(s)
>>
>>535731
Also a damn shame we only know two 1st level spells, though i can vote for Languages and Charm as damned useful with our CHA. Especially with (5) 1st level spells per day
>>
>>535758
(5) 1st level spells per day that we can cast, rather
and two known
>>
>>535762
So we can pick five that we know, but we can only pick two that we know all the time?
>>
>>535769
Two known spells, and (5) 1st level spell slots that we can cast from, if i understand the tables correctly. I am sorry i'm shit at explaining what i mean while moderately inebriated.
>>
>>535777
Kek I kind of get what you mean like this:

1st level spell list:
>known spell
>known spell
>other spell
>other spell
>other spell

So when you rest you can switch out a known spell for an other spell, and you can only have two of those known spells at a time.
>>
Whatever I'm going to sleep.

Yo op your running tomorrow?
>>
>>535784
something like (and i'm still shit at explaining) sorceress is spontaneous casting, so we can cast any known spell up to 5 times per day for 1st level and any cantrip (0 lv spell) on the list up to 5 times per day,

all 5 are known spells, we just dont prepare them like a wizard does, necessarily.
>>
>>535815
Oh okay. Well I'm out, I'm seeing my bed and it calls to me. Gn my man.
>>
>>535821
Later, anon. You saved this girl with your good rolls and I thank you for it.
>>
>>535671
>>535812
Yeah, running tomorrow, OP?
>>
>>535951

OP here, fell asleep at the keyboard last night!

I will be QMing throughout the day both on my phone and on the computer, GMT is my timezone for reference.

The current stats it seems are:

Katialis Windiane, level 1 Neutral Good Sorcerer.

Str: 9
Dex: 9
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 17
Cha: 17

Skills: N/A? Haven't seen anything concrete suggested yet.

Spells: Seems to be a clear wish for Charm Person, the second is slightly uncertain.

Feats: Scribe Scroll and Diligent, unless someone has any objections?

Familiar: Sentient Spear.

We get all those ironed out, we can talk backstory and finally get to playing!
>>
>>536633
what the fuck is neutral good
>>
>>536654
>>
>>536672
i know what it is, i mean like can you even name one character that is ACTUALLY neutral good?
>>
>>536672
>Tells Jon the Night's Watch is an honorable profession/position
>Refuses to take the black himself because it would destroy his honor
Fucking Eddard.
>>
>>536633
so when is this gonna happen?
>>
Just waiting for the rest of the ? Stats to be confirmed, and all.
>>
>>536812
Profession (Merchant) 4
Craft (Alchemy) 4
Appraise 1 (Cross Class)
Concentrate 3

Spells
Comprehend Languages
Charm Person
>>
>>536633
I'm voting
Skills
>Craft (Alchemy) 4
>Diplomacy 2
>Bluff 2
>Sense Motive 2
>Appraise 1
>Profession (Merchant) 1
Kinda splitting our skills thin here, 3.5 really encourages you to max out your skill purchases (which for us would be 3 skills at rank 4) but I don't feel right cutting anything out.

Spells
>Charm Person
>Silent Image
Because sorcerers can't don't know many spells but can cast the few they know many times, we want spells that are useful in lots of situations.
Charm Person is incredibly useful, we can get better deals from customers+wholesalers, we can turn highwaymen into trusted friends for an hour, we can convince toll guards to let us slip past.
Silent Image is another spell that can come in very handy if you're creative. Summoning a pair of illusionary armoured knights to scare off knights as we ride through the forest, an enormous glowing sign advertising our store in a new town, summoning illusionary bushes or a wall if we need to hide from someone.
Unseen Servant, Colour Spray and Sleep were runners up but I just don't think they'd be used enough.

Feats
>Spell Mastery (Enchantment) to make our charm spells harder to resist
>Either Scribe Scroll so we can add magic scrolls to our alchemical stock or Eschew Materials so we can cast spells without needing our spell component pouch on hand.

I'd also change our Sentient Spear to either a Snake or Raven. All of the familar's abilities are built around it being able to do things for us compared to a sentient spear that just lies there unable to even talk to us until 5th level.
>>
>>536827
I kinda wanted a raven earlier, but i don't really care, i just figured it would be more appropriate earlier with the semi-backstory we have going on.

Spell Mastery and Scribe Scroll are good, we can make scrolls in our spare time and sell them in marketplaces for extra cash.

I still like Languages and Charm, jsut because we were basically thinking of her as a merchant, not a super spellcaster yet. I kinda want a flavor-y character even though it's 3.5. Not to say minmaxery doesn't have it's place, it's just not my goal here.
>>
Oh looks like I'm late. What's up my nigs.
>>
How about a wolf familiar?
>>
>>536838
Wolf isn't on our class familiars list. Too bad.
>>
>>536838
I still like a raven or the stereotypical Sorceress' cat
>>
>>536841
Maaaan, that list is so tiny. Feels bad.

Raven is obviously the most superior option game mechanic wise. It also allows us to take some skill points out of appraise and put them somewhere else comfortably.
>>
>>536843
Yeah, it would free up two points, maybe them into Sense Motive?
>>
>>536847
Yeah sure, whatever works.
>>
>>536633
Also op that cha is supposed to be 18 btw

Also checking the synergies table I honestly think we should put 5 points into bluff for +2 into diplomacy, intimidate, disguise and sleight of hand. That synergy is really good.

Other than that 4 into craft alchemy and three into profession merchant ends us off with really nice skill stats, especially when you factor in the 3 in appraise from the Raven.

>>536827
This anon makes a really good point with silent image. However comprehend languages is just so useful too, especially for the profession.

Honestly I don't see why charm person is such a big deal. Our charisma and disposition more than enough to really charm people, granted charm person makes the process much faster but I personally find it redundant.

Also doesn't the person know afterwards when you charm them? That really defeats the purpose of it if they know after the fact. Also that means that we can't really play the low key sorceress game.
>>
Aaaaah yo anybody still there?
>>
op asleep agine?
>>
>>537315
I guess so. You agree with >>537005?
>>
if we get one more in appraise we can take 10 on it and succsed on rare items (dc 15).
But i like all the rest
>>
and i hope the pdf workt, sorry about me eng its not the best
>>
>>537344
Hell, no use fighting over it, silent image will work for me too.
>>
going off of glorious qm's template-

The current stats it seems are:

Katialis Windiane, level 1 Neutral Good Sorcerer.

Str: 9
Dex: 9
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 17
Cha: 18 (I'm 100% positive that was the roll >>535442)

Skills:
>4 craft alchemy
>3 profession merchant
>5 bluff -unlocks synergies-
-2 diplomacy
-2 disguise
-2 intimidate
-2 sleight of hand
>3 appraise bonus from Raven familiar

Spells:
>comprehend languages
>silent image

Feats:
>scribe scroll
>eeeeeerm what was it diligent? We wanna change this?

Familiar: changed to Raven for dank jewing bonuses

Now all that's left is backstory.
>>
maximum rank in a class skill is 4. for a lvl 1 char
>>
>>537474
Backstory... Elf dad and human mom, small merchant family of little renown, wants to start her own route and her family gives her a small gift and wishes her the best of luck in the open world (and to come back later and see them all, of course. They may be a merchant family, but that doesnt mean they live on the road like some of the smaller ones do.)

Figured out she had powers around puberty, embarrased by them a bit so she doesn't use them all the time. Mostly Languages, cause it helps with trading.

Longer term, wants to run a successful caravan around the realm, have a large reliable party, and find some place to settle down after some years. With a view, of course. And a lake.

For feats
Scribe scroll
Spell Focus (enchantment)
>>
updated the chet got 4 bluff and comprehend languages. hope it works so you can see it
>>
>>537496
Ooooooh shit. That's really crap. So let's go for 4 bluff and 4 profession merchant so we can level up bluff and get the synergies at a later level.

>>537498
Alright I can get behind those feats.

How bout this backstory, super anime:

Human dad, elf mom. Never knew mum, raised by dad who was a hermit and would practice shady shit all the time in the mountains. Learned alchemy from the dude, also got a cool Raven that talked from a trip in the forest named him Bernie. then ran away once paps went legit insane and started speaking in like 5 different languages and burned down the shack. Spent the next 5 years on the road, using talents to get by, got excepted into a Giuld in a major town for skills. Funded by a patron and entrepreneur, made back the money 3 times over. Wanders the land in search of some relative purpose and grander mission, though largely content with her lot in life. Developed magical prowess largely unconsciously for the duration of her life, never really shows it cause some people really hate magic and she likes to be cordial a lot of the time.
>>
>>537524
Nnnnope just a blank pdf freindo. It's cool it's op's job to figure that shit out.
>>
File: elf woman.jpg (452KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
elf woman.jpg
452KB, 1280x1024px
>>
if op allows it we can Think about picking up
Able Learner
( Races of Destiny, p. 150)

[Racial]

You have a great aptitude for learning.

Prerequisite

Human or doppelganger,

Benefit

All skill ranks cost 1 skill point for you to purchase, even if the skill is cross-class for you. The maximum number of ranks you can purchase in a cross-class skill remains the same. This feat does not affect the skill point cost to learn a language or to gain literacy (for a barbarian or other illiterate character).

Special

This feat may only be taken at 1st level.

Normal

Cross-class skills cost 2 skill points per rank.
>>
>>537569
We're not a human though, Half elf.
>>
half-elf gets benafit from both human and elf sorry misst that in the last post
>>
>>537569
This is actually a super dope as fuck feat. I want this in my life.
>>
Bumpin so that this thread doesn't go into autosage, we are finishing this character and playing this damn game.
>>
>>538292
wont autosage until 750 posts or 3 days since creation if i remember correctly, but my figures could be off by a bit. /qst/ moves much slower than /tg/ so no real need to bump, but i was about to do it just the same.

so, good on you for beating me to it.
>>
>>538343
Huzzah, though if I was this diligent in my everyday life mabye I wouldn't be such a waste of space.
>>
>>538394
same on this end, honestly. Damned escapism.
>>
>>538440
Yep. If I lived in shitier conditions I would probably be a better person for it.
>>
Mmmmmmbumbin
>>
Bump cause i feel like it.
>>
>>537571
So we could take an elf feat too? Any good ones?
>>
>>540182
Not that I've seen. Most of them are pretty lame. There was this one elf trance that was meh. We don't have the prerequisites though I don't think.
>>
Great so op just gonna abandon the thread into autosage? Shame.
>>
>>542968
shit, probably just needed a character idea and had writer's block.
>>
>>543039
I dunno. Whatever the case I am disappoint. This was a time investment man. Not as much as a qm mind you but shit its at least something.
>>
>>543054
I know, right? Ah well, always others sprouting up.
>>
>>535484
>jew elf
Banished Quest already exists, Anon.
>>
>>543535
I'm well aware thank you.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.