[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early Christian Missionary Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: World_Map_400_CE.png (2MB, 4000x2036px) Image search: [Google]
World_Map_400_CE.png
2MB, 4000x2036px
It is 400 AD, about 360 years after Jesus Christ died and rose again on Calvary. The Roman Empire has been split for a mere 5 years. It has been two centuries since Roman Emperors stopped attempting to wipe out Christianity from the face of the Earth. Christianity is experiencing a golden time of relatively little resistance throughout the known world.
No Islam for several centuries, the Bishop of Rome has not become one of the most powerful people in the world, and everywhere is pretty much up for the taking by those willing to follow Christ to the ends of the Earth.
You are a Christian (choices about pretty much everything will follow soon), and your most precious possessions are:
> a full indepth set of Biblical Texts, in Latin, Greek, your personal main language, and the language of the people you decide to set up your Church. These texts have full annotations and pretty much anything that has been learnt about the historicity of the texts (full concordance, strategies employed by any scribes, translation and glossary even). All that it needs is someone to read it -that someone is you and anyone who has access to the works.
>clothes fitting the character generation
>a religious symbol fitting generation
Now. Votes will be based upon either average of 3 or best of three (gonna use similar skill check rules that TrickQm uses for YWUIW Quest, since it seems to be the most flexible and popular).
I will generally be running 6-9pm NZ time, hopefully every day.
Character generator starts now:
>Are you a Brother, or Sister of God?
>Where is your country of origin, and what is your nationality?
>Where have you decided to set up your new Church? (can be literally anywhere with people based off OP Picture.
>>
>>533681
>Are you a Brother, or Sister of God?
Brother
Being a female we're going to get raped
>Where is your country of origin, and what is your nationality?
Norsemen came down south as a raider, stay for God
Get that Blonde hair and blue eyes, show we're a angel from God to spread the faith.

>Where have you decided to set up your new Church? (can be literally anywhere with people based off OP Picture.
Still thinking
>>
>>533681
>Northern Europe
We meet fellow white people and convert them be they Celt, Viking, or German
>Africa
Black people, we could convert them but really hard with the so many tribes
>Middle East
Stop Islam, but sand people
>Japan or Asia
Japan we could be the first European and be like a Angel to them, also shape the future of Japan and turn it into a power house

I'm going with Northern Europe if We get the Viking converted we can then sail to the New World and build on free land. Shape the whole New World before anyone gets there.
>>
Write-ins will be allowed, and pretty much any decision may be made for our presently non-described Christian MC provided it falls in line with Biblical Justification.

Basically any choice needs to be humanly possible, and if a moral/theological choice be able to be backed up by at least some Biblical argument if pressed.

Wealth decision:

>we are but a poor humble man/woman who gathered our few valuables to travel from X - Y, we brought our family/small group of christians from our homeland who have been convinced by my visions to help me bring God's word to the people of XYZ.

>We are a normal man/woman who decided to move from X-Y and brought along some people to set up a church at Y.

>We are Wealthy and were convicted by God when reading scripture to sell our shit to start a church at ____

>Write in
>>
>>533690
>>We are Wealthy and were convicted by God when reading scripture to sell our shit to start a church at
Scandinavian
>>
Profession:

>Lifelong preacher/pastor who has decided that God wants him elsewhere to lead

>Tradesman with a calling? If so, what trade?

>land lord or some sort of landed gentry?

>Nobility with a calling?

>career criminal who stole a Bishop's religious texts, escaped to a different area to maybe sell them but decided to read them and was converted and given a mission?

>soldier

>prostitute

>Write In
>>
>>533697
>Nobility with a calling?
>>
>>533698
>>533694
>>533688
>>533686

While I will of course make decisions once several people have voted on them, this combination sounds like a lot of fun. Reminds me a bit of Vikings except playing a re-converted Athalstan.

>Male
>Norsees
>Wealthy dude who felt the call from reading about Jesus and the earlier Early church give up all their shit to the poor and missions
>nobility with a calling.
>>
>>533700
This
>>
Oh yeah, we should also probably have a bunch of 1d100s for various stats.

>Charisma
>Strength
>Agility
>Intelligence
>Willpower (our strength at defeating Sin Check resistances, goes up steadily every time we resist temptation, though if we fall we will lose some of our gain based upon the severity of it)
>Constitution

>Building Church favourability (I.E. friendliness of local tribes and rulers, weather conditions compared to other parts of the larger landmass, how well our trip went etc etc). Maybe 3d100s for this check.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>533704
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>533704
Roll
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>533704
Nat 100
>>
>>533705
21/100 Charisma
our probably Norseman convert wealthy noble seems to be fucking shit at Charisma.

Oh dear

"I have come to convert you niggers from evil, or god with fucking burn you all in hell, come to think of it, I still have my fucking axes and will chop you cock off mwahhahaahahahah"

>74/100 Strength.

un-Charismatic brawn, can lug all our equipment and act as a cool bouncer dude...

18/100 Agility.

Ooh boy, this bad agi might effect how fine your writing can be on top of your normal running and turning speeds and fighting (if any we be gud christian)
>>
SHIT Charisma

GOOD Strength

V SHIT Agility

FUCKNG AMAZING Intelligence

DOGSHIT Willpower

VERY GOOD Constitution

VERY GOOD Starting Church in regards to social stuff (friendly dudes and not very resisting native religions)

DECENT Church Start Weather/geologic positions

UTTER FUCKING HERETIC SHIT Travel to Church Founding Location.
>>
> NAME WHAT IS MY FUCKING NAME! (if no one calls a name, this Christian dude is gonna be called Thanatos.
>Male
>Norse birth place
>________ church founding place (area quest starts in
>Wealthy dude who felt the call from reading about Jesus and the earlier Early church give up all their shit to the poor and missions
>nobility with a calling.

>_______________denomination (can be as vague as you want, but I would like some choice made :) )

Two votes for these. Will need more votes, will do a counting 730am-830am tomorrow or next 3hr session.

http://pastebin.com/YYBvZGka

This is the character pastebin, please discuss ideas and statistics, and anything I need to think about.

Most crucial is our starting country/county and we we are starting our church.
>>
>>533726
> NAME WHAT IS MY FUCKING NAME! (if no one calls a name, this Christian dude is gonna be called Thanatos.
Wolfsbane
>Norse birth place
Sweden
>________ church founding place (area quest starts in
Sweden
>_______________denomination (can be as vague as you want, but I would like some choice made :) )
Christian Fundamentalist, just follow the Word of God in our holy text no Pope, The word of God is in our hands follow it as it's the truth, follow no man if they don't follow the text 100%
>>
https://discordapp.com/channels/208754521009029121/208754521009029121

I use this channel also lol
>>
>>533727
+1
>>
Get this shit started. Aryan Christian needs to do some work
>>
Nothing on our Christian sect yet? I'll vote for gnostic churches
>>
>>533727
All this is shit
>>
>>533750

Then vote for different stuff. If going with sweden->sweden founding then I will have us hit by massive storms, losing lots of supplies before managing to land in a fairly closeby Jarldom of friendly vague relatives. (with more description ofc).

Quite a lot of combinations that give huge differences in setting and play style, so giving plenty of time for working out the generation choices will be very important.
>>
>>533756
I fucking meant I want to vote for this shit. That I agree with it.
>>
>>533762
>>533756
Didn't notice my wording was off but I agree with the name fag.
>>
File: Eketorp Fort.jpg (195KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Eketorp Fort.jpg
195KB, 800x531px
400 AD Sweden seems to be the exact year that the Migration Period of the various Tribes started.

The Western Roman Empire payed off the non Hunnic tribes (this is 20 years before Attila Total War) in order to be able to hold off the Huns.

Character name: Wolfsbane Angatyr
Born and raised in: Eketorp Fort on the island of Oland (long island just east of the mainland).

Church Founding Location: Sodorkoping (south west of Stockholm.

We are one of the first Swedes to migrate from the south and coastline, to further inland.
You have decided you use the large wealth from Roman bribes for peace, to move north west (Sodorkoping).

The travel was fucking awful, it felt as though your former pagan gods were making sure you rued the day you converted to Christianity after reading the Gospels.

Or maybe it was Satan, furious that God had snatched a worshiper of evil from the hands of Hell, to become a man of God?

Whatever it is, your small group of 100 followers (all the people who decided to move with their former liege lord from the small island fiefdom) end up losing half their number and supplies before they manage to find an excellent area to set up.

There is a local pagan tribe of about 1000 who are friendly.

With that, we are probably all set to go for the full thing at 6-9pm NZ time.

:D
>>
>>534520
OP come back
>>
Wolfsbane Angatyr, former minor pagan lord's heir, now an Apostle of Christ. Your hair is light blonde, skin white, body very muscular, with sharp blue eyes.
>50 fellow Olander's, including a few cousins (they can be named, will get you guys to name some of them if you want to. Even write-in personalities and skills, potential for having more than one main character though will not do that until got my writers flow and style figured out)
While you are extremely intelligent with a deep understanding - both practical and theoretical - of many concepts and aspects of life - such as architecture, education, pagan myths now renounced in favour of the Gospel, and farming - you are poor at expressing yourself in an agreeable fashion. Something which sometimes forced you to do the more complicated jobs in your fiefdom on Oland; practical skills not just knowledge. Nevertheless, you were respected well enough at home to bring followers with you. The majority of Ekekorp did not have Faith enough to travel during the autumn storms, and chose to remain under your Father's leadership.
You are very slow on your feet, and, it would seem from your struggle with resisting a variety of temptations to sin - your Will Power - is equally as bad.

>Speaking of sins, what are you top two cardinal sins? (vote)
>>
>>536380
Lust and Greed
>>
>>536380
>>Speaking of sins, what are you top two cardinal sins? (vote)
Pride
Wrath
>>
>>536383
>>/pol/
>>
>>536395
?
>>
>>536380
Pride and Lust
>>
>>536396
I'm think you are someone from /pol/ immigrating here. Please return to your containment board please.
>>
>>536408
What are you talking about?
>>
File: Swedish location 1.jpg (53KB, 510x342px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish location 1.jpg
53KB, 510x342px
Okay, I guess Lust and Pride are Wolfsbane's sins.

You lead your battered disciples through forest and fen north west deeper into the mainland. Wolves howl in during the several nights. Wildlife was everywhere. Lots of good hunting. But the storms were like the old myths of Thor sending lightning down on earth and on the tops of mountains. Flash freezes took out a score of you disciples. Wolves took out a few. A flood took out some more while you were camping near a seemingly harmless river overnight.
While moving in the direction you feel the Spirit is leading you, you come accross a small village where you lose some of your disciples who decide that they will be missionaries themselves there instead of led by you.
Eventually you make it to large and verdant valley, with a large river which is connected to an even larger river that gradually widens as it pours out to the east. You cannot see the ocean, but you know that it is there. Somewhere, many lazy turns through some hills it is.
So entranced with the utterly magnificent view of Creation, you did not notice the smoke on the horizon, or the small group of armed men on small horses approaching your migrants. They look cautiously welcoming - after all, your group does have it's own weapons having seen no reason to be defenseless doing God's work. The man in front is clearly the highest ranking of the men, wearing an expensive pagan necklace and a coat with light fur trim.
"I am Aljamarkiz, son of Hrelgrmair, the brother to Jarl Tarokz. Who speaks for you, strangers?" you followers look at you immediately, Aljamarkiz meets your eyes directly and calmly, "We are one of many tribes who consider themselves Suione. Your presence here is a surprise, and, if you are friendly, not unwelcome. Who are you, and what are you intentions?"
>Respond with full honesty (write in key details that you want to make sure are put in)
>"We are fellow Suione, though from much further South (this is true), who decided to migrate to brighter pastures what with population on the rise and much conflict and there being a growing lack of spare land to expand to without stepping on toes. (can be totally true, or half true). We would like to start up our own community with a huge open space and much opportunity for our future generations." gesture at the landscape all ready for settlers, "I am ambitious and wish to put mine and my settler's potential to work far from the bounds of familial demands."
>Goes full preacher
>go full begging for a place to stay, maybe become become a part of Aljamarkiz's retinue and have your settlers become part of this new tribe?
>promise peace and a request for information and maybe to have lodging in exchange for stories, information, work etc.
>Tell them you are peaceful, but that you are just gonna set up shop right where you want to, whilst not in view of the much more established (it would seem) settlement.
>write in
(roll 1d100, average of 3, plus 30)
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>536423
>promise peace and a request for information and maybe to have lodging in exchange for stories, information, work etc.
>>
>>536423
>Goes full preacher
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>536457
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>536465
>>
>>536423
I'll change my vote to go
>Goes full preacher
>>
>>536493
>>536487
>>536465
Writing!
>>
>>536495
Is the plus 30 make the total 246 then it gets the average?
>>
72+30=102 Miraculous Success.

You stand tall proud, a shadow of the glory of God shining from your face. You begin with identity, then into your faith and calling.

"I am Wolfsbane Angatyr, a disciple of God who was once a pagan from Oland. Until one day, I was fornicating with a local petty noble-woman. Suddenly a bright light filled the entire room, and a voice said "Repent of your wicked ways, only through Christ and following God's word may you be saved. Obey me, and I will make you fishers of men." You shift your gaze deep into the eyes of each of the dozen patrollers. They were amazed, and eyes were full of wonder. "I have been sent here by the grace of the one who died on the Cross of Calvary, that all pagans will repent and be baptised. I see that God is working through me to you...

>"...You must burn all false gods and graven images repent, and bring us with you to live among you and assist us as we bring God to your people"

>"Jesus Christ is an all loving and patient and powerful image of the invisible God the Trinity, I would like to bring my people to live with your people that we might give you the Gospel, so that you might have full understanding with your own copies of scripture that we will help you write down. Every person is equal in the eyes of God, so all must have access to God's word"

>For this reason, I must be given the roll of Parish leader, you must build us a large church and surrounding properties, servants and follow my teachings of what God says in the Bible, for only I am qualified by God to understand and preach here."

>Mix and match above things

>write in.
>>
>>536527
>>"Jesus Christ is an all loving and patient and powerful image of the invisible God the Trinity, I would like to bring my people to live with your people that we might give you the Gospel, so that you might have full understanding with your own copies of scripture that we will help you write down. Every person is equal in the eyes of God, so all must have access to God's word"

Everyone should have access to God's word
>>
>>536527
>Jesus Christ
>>
>>536533
>>536551
>focus on the Gospel's core, Love and Truth base, and Priesthood of all Believers.

(This will push towards a more sacrificial, non-violent and educational path for this Church.)

You preach for about one hour, covering Jesus life basics, and His Message. You are a bit clumsy and it is almost certain that if your charisma was even average you would of only needed 30 minutes if that, to be God's mouthpiece. But nonetheless, God works his wonders as always.

Everyone is slain in the spirit. Either lying on their faces, kneeling, or with their hands and faces up to the Heavens. Speaking in tongues, words of vision and even some prophecies.

You also are deeply effected by this.

>pick two of the nine gifts of the spirit - Words of knowledge,
words of wisdom,
Discernment of Spirits. /
Faith for miracles,
Healings,
Works of Power /
Tongues,
Interpretation,
Prophecy.

>Go with Aljamarkiz nephew to Jarl Tarokz once everyone is ready.

>Spend a couple of hours looking around the area to see any interesting things (like what the fish are like, soil softness, any minerals out in the open, good location for setting up a settlement later?).

>Talk more with the dudes/ write in?
>>
>>536573
Faith for miracles
Prophecy
Can you give a rundown what each one does?

>>Spend a couple of hours looking around the area to see any interesting things (like what the fish are like, soil softness, any minerals out in the open, good location for setting up a settlement later?).
>>
Prophecy will give us hints about the future, and sometimes what God wants/sees us doing. It will get stronger the more we trust the prophecies (and regular prayer will strengthen our Will power and gifts over time), though it will have some drawbacks (the closer to God one is, the more powerful, but there will be temptation to abuse the power - well, anons might calculate in the future making a sinful decision, risking the gifts for a time perhaps).

Faith for miracles: finding stuff, basic magic type things. Google miracles and that will give you a sense of what this gift does. As with all things in the Quest, being a good Christian (and based on our choices, focus on being loving and just will be key) will power up our gifts.

Discernment of spirits: you can tell if someone is demon possessed (will happen at some point, I need to think about it though), and also have a better sense at if someone is Good or Evil (Show Alignment equivalent). The more you are able to follow Christ, the more sensitive this becomes. May even cause you in the future to think someone is dangerous when they have just a fetish or something but not actually doing anything physically dangerous.

Healings: mothertrucking healings! based upon rolls (with modifiers eventually), can probably do some resurrection.

Works of Power: Not sure, but I think will be something like "powerful miracles that are spontaneous and unexpected and uncontrolled with a big random element" or "whatever the fuck QM wants to do with this XD"

Tongues: praying/speaking in the language of the Angels/God's language, stronger prayers though you do not have control over what you say and you do not know what the purpose/will do until it either happens, or someone with the gift of Interpretation is present.

Words of wisdom: God has given you the wisdom to generally know what is wise and what is foolish, and handle situations better. Charisma is still needed to express the words of wisdom in an effective way.

Words of knowledge: Things ahead of time, comprehension of character - well, having knowledgeable things to say anyway. Not always immediately helpful, but if you or others take your words to heart they can get more stuff from it? or things make sense later.
>>
>>536596
>Healings: mothertrucking healings! based upon rolls (with modifiers eventually), can probably do some resurrection.
>Words of wisdom: God has given you the wisdom to generally know what is wise and what is foolish, and handle situations better. Charisma is still needed to express the words of wisdom in an effective way.
>>
>>536608
This
>>
Rolled 55, 68 = 123 (2d100)

>The Gift of healing, and Words of Wisdom.

After most of the crowd stood back up, praising Jesus, you mention that you are going to scout the area for things of interest.

You and a dozen of your people, with a couple of Jarl Tarokz men to be guides once you are ready to meet him at his town.

The rest make their way home in great joy.

>searching check
>wise words check (special resources found)
>>
>>536423
aside from pic related, your 55/100 roll lets you pic 3 geographical features (like forests, caves, springs?)

68/100 gives a few special resources you can pick! (You can pick basically anything. Triple gold mines with kilometers of pure gold, with just a covering of dirt and rocks that have kept it hidden all this time. This will of course have big repurcussions like a gold crash and your greed sin might erm get worse)
>>
>>536647
We didn't pick greed it was lust and pride
>>
>>536650
oh good.

Well, you can always gain sins if you make the right/wrong decisions.
And we can gain gifts eventually.

;_; tfw it's 12am for USA.
>>
File: Pingvellir_RiftValley_D.jpg (5MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Pingvellir_RiftValley_D.jpg
5MB, 3872x2592px
>>536647
>Hot Springs,
>Rift Valley
Picture of it
>Semi active volcano not going to blow but still lava in it.
>>
>>536647
For special resources
>IRON
Sweden is famous for having particularly high quality iron ore deposits
>GOLD
For the money
>COAL
To heat our homes, and be the source of carbon in our great weapons
>>
https://discordapp.com/channels/222279160330977280

Okay. See ya tomorrow briefly, will try to get a few posts in. Busy with friends at normal posting time though.

Hope the new joiners from the qst/general enjoy.
>>
>>536666
>6666
Good start for a christian quest
>>
>>536666

Checked.
Hope we can make lots of progrss tomorrow
>>
>>538952
No quest today also make something happened since I got quads. It's the Will of God showing to watch for evil.

Should give us something :^)
>>
>>539181
Preparing the session lol.

Should I move this to anonkun? The writein and voting is easier and faster and there arent many anons anyway.
>>
>6666
Two hours pass as you and a handful of your people search the area chatting about our findings. A large rift valley is found hidden nearby, with hot springs half a kilometer away. A small volcano with minor amounts of smoke is found too. Upon inspection, there is lava bubbling sleepily, easily accessible due to a fairly gentle trail from the top of the crater.
While looking down into the molten rock you have a brief vision of a black dragon circling the land, watching for pray to catch. 'hmm, I feel a powerful Demon has been sent to try to thrawt the efforts of God. We must remain ever vigilant'.
Pick as many you want:
>Pray?
>Make pillar of rocks as an altar to God marking the event/journey and arrival? If so where?
>what did you discuss during scouting? / talk to your companions more in depth?
>have your newfound allies guide you to their settlement.
>>
>>541665
>Should I move this to anonkun?
Yes
>>541834
>Pray?
Yea
>Make pillar of rocks as an altar to God marking the event/journey and arrival? If so where?
Make a wooden Cross marking our arrival.

>what did you discuss during scouting? / talk to your companions more in depth?
Talk about God tell them how could anyone make this land, if not the God. Talk about God stuff.
>have your newfound allies guide you to their settlement.
Maybe the Demon is in the settlement
>>
>>541889
I love the smell of burning devils in the morning!
>>
>>541891
So are you moving to anonkun?
>>
File: LOL.jpg (62KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
62KB, 800x420px
>>541915
yeah. Will make a link soonish.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>541932
Let me see if the wooden cross didn't burst into flames
>>
https://anonkun.com/stories/threads/early-christian-missionary-quest/4xTYHE4vLfTm54hnq

okay. moving here, starting from creation I guess.

How to get lots of people on it? same shillling strat or different?
>>
>>541941
>How to get lots of people on it? same shillling strat or different?
You need a better description and more tags.
>>
>>543308
okay will work on that over time!
>>
File: uguu.png (813KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
uguu.png
813KB, 540x750px
>>533681
Smuggle dakimakura everyday
First they'll start taxing your dakis
Then they'll start seizing your dakis
Smuggle 'em, smuggle 'em everyday
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.