[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The tale of Captain (your name here)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (20KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 286x176px
>in this thread, the choices you make and the roll of the dice determine your destiny. Choose an option and roll a 2d100 dice, and the highest roll decides the path gone down.

My, what a fine day it is today, my friend! I heard your uncle had passed recently. Well, I don't have any words of comfort for you, but you probably don't need any, considering the inheritance he left you. What a chunk of gold! Perhaps you can buy a ship, and we can sail the seas together, like we've dreamed of since we were but lads! We could be pirates out on the sea, gathering treasure from any ship unlucky enough to cross our path! Or perhaps you've outgrown that, and you'd rather helm a merchant ship and make a living that way. What do you say, "captain"?

>1. What do you mean, "I've outgrown the dream of becoming a pirate captain? The dream is still alive as ever, and I am ready for adventure!

>2. You are correct, a pirate's life is not a life for me. There is much opportunity as a trader here, and I would be quite content with that.
>>
>>533064

>2. You are correct, a pirate's life is not a life for me. There is much opportunity as a trader here, and I would be quite content with that.
>>
Rolled 44, 37 = 81 (2d100)

>>533064
>>
>>533082
Don't forget to roll the dice, just put 2d100 into the options field when making a new post.
>>
>>533091
Ayy, a wise choice. Well, it seems we need to buy a ship and supplies. We also need to hire a crew and supervisors. We have 25,000 gold to spend.

Ships
>Junk, 250 storage space - 10,000
>Frigate, 500 storage space - 15,000
>Galleon, 1000 storage space - 20,000

Supplies
>cannons, 25 storage space each - 250
>ammunition (cannonballs and powder), 15/barrel - 100
>foodstuffs, one is consumed per day per crew mate -1
>fabric, to repair sails in case of emergency - 50/square of fabric

Crew
>crew member, needed to travel faster and defend more effectively - 100
>supervisor, needed to keep crew members in line, but doesn't do any work himself - 150
>>
>>533064
>>
>>533212
Btw: crew members require 10 space each, and supervisors require 25.
>>
>>533212
I would recommend a ratio of 5 supervisors per crew mate. The more there are, the less likely the crew are to mutiny, but then again, they do no work themselves, and they cost more.
>>
>>533212
I'm operating under the assumption food and fabric take no space
>>
>>533212
>Frigate
>Cannons x8
>Ammunition x8
>Foodstuffs x4,560
Who knows how far we're going, but it's going to take awhile. This is slightly over six months of food.
>Fabric x15
>Crew member x20
>Supervisor x4

Should come out to 23,410 if I'm not a total dweeb
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>533378
Bump it up to 25 fabric for another 500 and I forgot my roll
>>
>>533378
K, putting this in, give me a sec
>>
>>533378
I've decided that crew members and supervisors take up too much space, so crew are 5 storage, and supervisors are 15. You still need to make more space though.
>>
>>533427
Damn, I *am* a total dweeb.

With these new crew spaces I'm coming up with 480, what am I missing? Will cutting down to 15 crew and 3 supervisors do it?

Also, and this is more of a vague curiosity than an important concern, are we one of the supervisors?
>>
>>533439
The point of supervisors is so captains don't have to do any work. I'll add the new numbers up, it only adds to 480 with your adjustments.
>>
>>533477
Well I'm be joining this quest, and hey QM I think I saw you before and I agree with what the anon said
>>
>>533378
You have 1590 gold and 20 space left. The nearest market is 15 days of sailing away. However, a market with better prices is 60 days away, and the area is experiencing bad storms . Sail there anyway, or go to the closer port?
>>
Rolled 53, 16 = 69 (2d100)

>>533497
To the more far away market
>>
>>533497
>>533500
Seconded. Go big or go to Davy Jones locker
>>
Rolled 90, 6 = 96 (2d100)

>>533497
if we arrive before everyone else, we can demand higher prices. Far port is the way to go
>>
Rolled 13, 49 = 62 (2d100)

>>533497
QM?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.