[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval Europe Risk-1200-Diplomacy Style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13

File: 1365466043520.png (683KB, 3236x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1365466043520.png
683KB, 3236x1944px
This will be a long running Medieval Europe Risk Game. It is going to be a bit different in that there will be a Mupdate once there have been 12 moves.

The on map rules stay the same in terms of rolls and gameplay with these exceptions, amendments, and add ons:

>rolling against unoccupied factions roll against the last mupdate post

>open ended rolls get an automatic -5T
This may seem complicated but it is not; the roller calls his Ts specifically. If he rolls at or above the amount, he gets his called Ts, and his spill is wasted or applied creatively by OP.

>no rules about turn order or repeat rolls
you heard me right. so if you want to campaign against X faction, you can. if some dork wants to spawn camp the thread and wipe out Bohemia by rolling 12 times in a row, there is nothing in the rules to stop him. coordinating with allies and enemies means (hopefully) a decrease in open ended conflict. This is a new way to play, and i will be playing too at first to show peeps what i mean, but i think y'all -dus will get it pretty quick and see the potential

>1 paragraph of Role Play required per movement roll OR complete explanation of campaign, reasoning, intentions, and battle formations + 3 following rolls.
I will show y'all how to do this one. again, once you see it, it should be fairly simple.

This is a beta test for the Great Risk Project.
>>
File: 1472843234567-1329781796.jpg (810KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1472843234567-1329781796.jpg
810KB, 2560x1536px
>>528880
U know my opinion... awesome. Pic rel limits my response now
>>
>>528880
I wish to claim a position in the Danish Faction.

I submit to the Danish Council that i be given 2000 foot soldiers and 700 horse to impress upon the rebellious Swedes the importance of obedience. This campaign will last until we have secured 5 new Territories for the glory and safety of Denmark. Should any other nation attempt to stay our hand or counter or offensive, we propose that a declaration of war be made as well as the granting of 2 more Territories to the allotment for a total of 7 Territories.
>>
Rolled 36995 (1d99999)

>>528880
>>528893
Though we have been repulsed, we will strike again! We ask for the council's favor on the matter and for an additional 500 troops and 70 horse. May god grant us victory!!!

OoC: Dice will be used in the Mupdate as well as rolls
>>
Rolled 87816 (1d99999)

>>528880
MUPDATE DICE ROLL
>>
Rolled 2310 (1d99999)

>>528893
DICE ROLL FOR INITIAL DENMARK CAMPAIGN AGAINST SWEDEN
>>
Rolled 10131 (1d99999)

>>528880
>>528893
>>528899
We will capitalize on our 2 T gain and push for the remaining 3 T we set out for. God wills our victory! Should any interfere we will seek 2 additional Ts, so interlopers be warned! This is our quarrel and ours alone...
>>
>>528909
>>528904
>>528903
>>528893
VICTORY IS OURS. We offer a truce to the vanquished Swedes and begin settling our newly acquired land. Praise be to God!!!
>>
>>528880
Claiming Prussia.

Rolls to follow soon. Traffic
>>
>>528918
Are you leaving other thread?
>>
>>528918
OK, but don't start yet, as i am doing a tutorial for the Denmark campaign i just acted aout. then, can you do your own tutorial and i will play along? That way we can suss out multi-rollers and council votes and what have you...

The thing i am writing will make this clearer...
>>
So let's break this down:

A representative of Denmark states his intentions to march on the Swedes for whatever reason:
>>528893
He lists his objectives and desires, and what penalties he will exact if anyone interferes. At this point, there is enough that he can just begin rolling without any RP so long as:

1) Dice are used or linked
2) He has not taken all that he has declared yet with the first or subsequent rolls
3) He does a new post of intentions, reasoning, and campaign strategy should he fail to achieve the goals from his initial Campaign Post after 3 rolls.

This player decided to RP each roll:
>>528893
>>528899
>>528909
...and in 3 rolls they completed their campaign. They gained +2T with the first roll, +0 T with the second, and +6 T with the third, for a total of 8T, meaning 3T were wasted as the initial Campaign Post sought 5T. Notice their GETs were countered by the Mupdate Dice Roll:
>>528903
In this way, campaigns can be launched and carried out in a dynamic way that may invite other rollers. In the next tutorial, Prussia will launch a campaign and the Danish Lord will stick his big, jewey nose into it so we can see what multi-roll campaigns might look like.

NOTES:
To become a King of a faction, you must ascend unopposed (assuming you are already a Kingdom ((There is a Crown in your Color on the Key))) and establish your line OR be selected as the Ruler by at least one other adherent to your faction. This is why the Danish Roller addressed himself to "The Council". Any player can be a part of any number of councils so long as he has a dedicated character for that council, COMPLETE WITH TRIPCODE. We will discuss this multi-personality play later on.

Players can act in defiance of a council, but they risk alienation and attack if they do so.
>>
>>528921
Im driving and shit is real bri
>>
NOTES ON MUPDATES

Mupdates serve a number of purposes. They mark the passing of a year's worth of time. They establish the defensive posture of unclaimed factions. They give OP a way to decide when to button up a thread. And they give us players a deep sense of satisfaction or regret depending on how much of the bitch we take over.

Mupdate swill show up every 12 Roll Posts; that means posts with Dice. These signify 12 Gregorian Months (Jan-Dec), so the Mupdate is the New Year.

Mupdates also serve as the main link for campaigns; this is how OP figures out what is what. For this game, the initial Campaign Posts MUST BE LINKED TO THE RELEVANT MUPDATE. Subsequent rolls can link to the initial Campaign Post, but if that one is done wrong, none of them count and no time passes and everyone wants to kill themselves dead.
>>
>>528880
We are a small but proud Duchy. We will not be treated like outcast any longer by the Polish King and his henchmen. As Grand Master, I call upon all Teutonic Knights and the good people of this duchy to bring forth themselves, their horses, their swords, and even farm tools if need be. I need 2000 men, but will settle for all i can have. I will lead them into battle with the Poles to claim northern coast around Gdansk and then we will push south. Our goal is the northern most 9 tiels of poland.

>I will RP as much as I can while i eat but rolls with follow now.
>>
Rolled 86206 (1d99999)

>>529012
>January
We march our force west along the Polish coast. Eliminate any that resist, but do not mistreat the women and children. In fact give those that submit assistance in any way reasonable.
>>
>>529020
>>528880
linking first roll
is it which ever roll is higher (post or dice)?
>>
Rolled 81680 (1d99999)

>>529020
>>529033
>>528880
>February
It appears our horses have gotten stuck in the Polish mud, but we are undetermined. We continue to take the three coastal Polish tiles and push south
>how did you prist roll gain 2T?
>mup roll "6" = 3
>you "5" = 3 +1 bonus
>right?
>>
Rolled 66093 (1d99999)

>>529047
Having gained 4 of the northern Polish territories inlcuding the crucial coast line, we are as energized as ever. We march south to complete our stated mission of acquiring 9 of the northernmost Polish tiles.
>>
Rolled 37341 (1d99999)

>>529058
>April
This failure will not go unanswered, bring forth the knight that led my forces into battle for punishment.
Continue the push south to claim the remaining 5 Polish tiles in the north.
>>
Rolled 89127 (1d99999)

>>529062
>May
It appears he has not learned his lesson. Send him to fight on the frontlines with the rest of the peasants.
Continue our campaign.
>>
Rolled 54450 (1d99999)

>>529068
>June
The knights have restored their name with this success in gaining another 2 of the tiles needed to complete our campaign for 9 tiles total.
6/9 complete
We continue and seek to gain the remaining 3 territories in northern Poland.
>>
>>529072
SUCCESS!!!
In only half a year we have obtained our stated goal of 9 tiles in northern poland including the coast with 1 waster/spill tiles.
Our first campaign is complete
>>
>>528938
I really want to know how factions work.
>>
Rolled 68771 (1d99999)

>>529077
>>528880
If we can continue our other 6 months.
We now declare war on Brandonburg.
Our stated goal is the northern coast of Brandonburg (6 tiles).
March west along the coast and into the Brandon burg forces.
>>
Rolled 56827 (1d99999)

>>529093
>August
We are not deterred by our failure, if anything we Prussian will overcome adversity. We continue our march west.
>>
Rolled 54516 (1d99999)

>>529097
2/6 coastal Brandonburg tiles taken
>September
we continue our march west along the northern coast
>>
Rolled 13920 (1d99999)

>>529100
>October
Brandonburg sure know how to fight. They are a much more worthy opponent than the poles for sure

march west along the coast.
>>
Rolled 27692 (1d99999)

>>529105
SUCCESS and with 2 months to spare before the year is ended.

We declare our further intentions int he south. We wish to acquire the two tiles that border poland from brandonburg.
This roll will count toward these efforts.
>Hopefully the winter march isnt to harsh for our steeds.
>November
>>
Rolled 28924 (1d99999)

>>529114
>December
One last try for those two tiles in eastern germany, currently held by brandonburg.
>>
His great majesty, Charles I of Naples, King of Sicily regrets to inform you nobles that he may not attend this session of divide and conquer. He is a attending the sport of ye olde bowling. He may be ready in 1-2 hours
>>
>>529119
Alas, our last mission remains incomplete.
I await the OP to tell me how much i fucked this up
:^)
>>
>>529085
Can you ask specific questions about what i have covered and/or not covered so i can answer better?

OKay, i left home to do stuff and i did not get to mess with Prussia, but this is another good example to breakdown, so here we go:

The Duke of Prussia states his intentions and campaign plans with this post:
>>529012
He did not roll with it, which is fine, but he could have as it stands now... but i think that we should say you CANNOT roll with a Campaign Post. That way, if there are Councilors they can veto, support, or amend. Let me know what you think pls.

He begins rolling and includes RP in each roll, so no need to update every 3 rolls. Ideally, i want a paragraph with each roll; the idea being to slow things down so others can send troops to assist or inhibit or buy time.

Roll 01:
>>529020
Roll 02
>>529047
Roll 03
>>529058
Roll 04
>>529062
Roll 05
>>529068
Roll 06
>>529072

By Roll 06, Prussia took their objective and spilled 1 T
1>+0
2>+4
3>+0
4>+0
5>+2
6>+4

The relevant Mupdate Post Dice Roll was a 6. meaning you have to best that roll to gain Ts, meaning a 6 or lowere is cancelled, and anything higher gets a -3T in this case (because a 6 is 3T).

In terms of dates, EVERY ROLL is a month. Denmark did Jan-March. Prussia did April-September. This means in 3 dice roll posts a Mup'd will be made and dropped. This is why a month/date need not be attached to any roll. It is up to OP to do the chronology. In this way, campaigns will roll on and OP will catch up. Remember, speed is the enemy here. We are building a full game, not a fast game, ala Diplomacy.

Prussia then announced a new campaign:
>>529093
We will count this roll post/Campaign Post but in the future the First Roll must be separate.

Roll01
>>529093
>+0
Roll02
>>529097
>+2
Roll03
>+0

And here it gets interesting, as that last roll was December, so a new mupdate and, consequently, a new dice roll is coming out...
>>
File: TEST01.png (472KB, 3236x1944px) Image search: [Google]
TEST01.png
472KB, 3236x1944px
Rolled 74845 (1d99999)

Mupdate 01 - 1201 AD

Denmark has taken 5T in Sweden

Prussia has taken 9T in Poland

Prussia has an open campaign in Brandenburg and has thus far taken 2T...
>>
>>529130
Sure, sorry for being unclear.
What is there to stop a player from being a council member of every spot on the map, and how do councils interact in general?

I'm having a hard time understanding how they work, other than just there are multiple people using the same faction.
>>
>>529144
Is the Byzantine Empire open?
>>
So upon reflection and Math, it appears that each playing faction gets 12 rolls per mupdate. otherwise it gets squirrelly as fuck...

But i will carry on with how i built it just for gits and shiggles on this first one. For Mupdate the Next we will do 12 per faction. A faction does not need to use all 12, and can roll more than 12, but they will be subject to the new Mup'd roll if they go over. Definitely want notes on this from y'all...

Prussia took their Brandenburg objective with this roll here:
>>529105

The new mupdate dice = 5 so nothing changes on this particular map (4-6 = 3T). Their other rolls matter not.

>>529114
OK, here is an "error". Because the Duke did not stipulate in the original campaign that there would be circumstances for additional Ts to be sought, a new Campaign Post is required. So this roll is discarded as well as subsequent rolls until a correct Campaign Post is made.

>>529176
Seriously, you don't want none o this, Dewey Cox. this here is hard core serial risk. read the thread before you post again, no hate but this is not a "game" yet

>>529156
Don't be sorry, and excellent questions!

>What is there to stop a player from being a council member of every spot on the map
Not a damn thing, save the storing and correct using of a TC for each different character he wishes to be.

>how do councils interact in general
They can approve, disprove, or amend Campaign Posts. I obviously need to build a system, but only stated members of a council BEFORE a Campaign Post is threaded get to vote IF the General is asking for votes. A general can just say "I am marching. Screw you if you don't like it." But if that happens, what's to stop a councilor raising his own army and attacking the General? In the rules thus far, nothing. This then means the Councilor/other General can roll to take away from the First General's get. Does that make sense? We should definitely do the next tutorial with you, me, and !jW6 acting this out. We will be France and the Objective is the Palatinate. I will be the General, you two will be the Council. You decide to support, object, amend, or abstain.

>>529156
>>529125
You guys just link here with a "ready" post and i will launch the Tutorial. If you don't want to, no worries. I will wait five then do it myself. For the purposes of this demonstration, we can just use our current TCs.

>>529176
If you wnat to get in on this, link here with a "ready" post and play along, assuming you have read this far yet or at all...
>>
Hark! The Palatinate has been caught red-handed foraying into French Lands. As a wealthy landowner, i have taken it upon myself to raise an army of 3000 foot soldiers and i am marching on these ingrates come hell or high water!

We will march on them for 3 months (posts), regardless of what we take until three fourths of their Ts are Frenchified, or until the time alloted runs out. To arms, true men of Francia!!!

at this point, others could join my campaign, start their own campaign with their own, unique Campaign Post with their own strictures and objectives, or focus their attention elsewhere; Europe is a big place...
>>
>>529193
This is really cool, but I feel like my head will explode.
I'll see how this next year plays out, then join. I started work on an idea I had for awhile, for a fairly complicated nation building thing.
>>529125
Off topic, but I realized the problem with my Religious Risk is that the bonuses have to get huge in order to matter.
>>
>>529209
...or counter my rolls, as we discussed. to do this, they need their own campaign post stating that they intend to inhibit my aggression.

>>529213
we are not actually playing yet, this is a dry run. do you wanna act out a Councilor of France in this tutorial? See:>>529209
>>
>>529221
I'll try.
>>529144
The English have too long been allowed to ravage our lands from their strongholds in Normandy. If we desire peace in our time, we must drive them into the sea. I raise an army from my estates of 1500 men and 300 horse. We shall seek to conquer the 4 tiles from England in Normandy.

Is this about correct?
>>
Rolled 32600 (1d99999)

>>529242
In the early winter French troops lead ambushes, burning farmsteads and harassing convoys.
>>
>>529242
This is treason! The English have ever been our friends and allies! I move to block you with my 3000 foot. The Palatinate can wait...

not what i meant, but let's roll with it. on the technical side, yes it is perfect.
>>
Rolled 29062 (1d99999)

>>529244
French troops following Lord Clovis counter the men of d'Douche, upsetting ambushes and attacking the brigands!
>>
Rolled 65911 (1d99999)

>>529144
>>529244
I think I just got everything I wanted...
>>529242
February
Excellent leadership and favorable weather have allowed us to make great gains. We continue harassing the English.
>>529254
Now I'm really confused...
So people within my faction can block any attempts I make if it does not agree with their objectives?
>>
>>529209

If the French lords desire war against the imperial state of the Palatinate, let them come and be destroyed for their insolence. In defense of my personal lands, I have taken it upon myself to raise an army of 2,400 Mercenaries of all types, along with a regiment of one hundred trained cavalry, drawn from the personal troupes of the local landowners. With this force, I am to defend against French Invasions, and to push back against their treacherous advances. For too long have the French Threatened the Rhine Principalities!

We shall fight for as long as the French Invasion continues, and aim to take only one Territory, that that severs the connection between the Palatinate and Burgundy.
>>
OK...

So Le Monsieur de Douche moves against the English:
>>529242

and Lord Clovis seeks to block him:
>>529254

The Mup'd Dice are 5, Clovis block is 2, and d'Douche rolled Dubs, meaning [-3T + -1T] +11T = +7T. He went for 4T, so 3T is wasted and the English are gone. If there had been another councilor, he may have been stopped. Do councils make more sense now?

>>529265
Yes. I was just gaming to see how it would work, but yes. In this way, players will try to either have strong alliances within established Councils or seek out council-less factions to act unilaterally.

Remeber, this is intended to be a slow, diplomacy heavy game that can roll on for a long time. Haste makes waste... unless there is a full on war with united councils supporting their generals. then it will be a blurry, eye popping war and i will rgret making it up as everyone will be waiting on me.... B^)))))

>>529263
Perfect. Fucking perfect. We are not playing yet, but this is exactly what i am looking for... except you are not using a TripCode, which is requisite for this game to work. Seriously though, this is exactly what i was going for.

Did you read the whole thread? do you have any thoughts, questions, or comments?
>>
Rolled 75686 (1d99999)

>>529283
In the dawning of the year, the mercenary regiments of the Palatinate push south towards Burgundy, aiming to quickly fulfill their aim of conquest by surrounding, isolating and savaging the individual local settlements, in order to subjugate the local barons.
>>
>>529283
Also great. Just realized /qst/ uses IDs... but TCs are still a prerequisite if people want to serve on multiple councils.

>>529265
The reason for the councils is to get every player involved, or at least given the option to be involved. in days long since passed, i would often play Go/B/ as Varys or the Whisperer or the Crow, and just try and advise and manipulate rollers if there were no open houses. then i started doing it regardless because i like to write about as much as i like to fucking dominate Westeros.

Is it a bad idea, guys??
>>
>>529285
Ah, Sorry, I deleted that post as it didn't seem to fit the new French Focused tutorial. I have read the entire thread, and I will do so many more times before I fully understand, I think. No questions as of yet, but I am sure some will arise as I come upon the inevitable difficulties.
>>
Rolled 73040 (1d99999)

>>529242
March
The troops of Lord Clovis are ineffective in countering the forces d'Douche, d'Douche now has his eyes on Clovis in the future. For now peace is restored in Normandy.
>>529259
>>529265
I understand that my troops overpowered your troops, right?
>>529285
Question answered. What if you can only have perhaps 3-5 councilors in one faction at a time? Seems like people would not be able to get juggernauts going as easily.
>>
>>529296
>>529265
>>529244
d'Douche always gets dubs and palis. Clearly he lacks French blood, as he does not retreat...
lol
>>
>>529294
NP

Ok, slow down, and we will do your Palatinate character as a tutorial.

>>529265
Are you still with us, mon ami?

Assuming he is, Clovis will go up against Ruprecht and d'Douche will help, hinder, abstain or do something else.

REMEMBER, each faction has 12 turns, so one way to fuck with an opposing element in your own faction is to open up campaigns and eat up months for rolls, savvy?
>>
Rolled 32182 (1d99999)

>>529144
We will not turn away until we possess eastern Brandonburg. We have saddled our horses, sharpened our blades, polished our armor and plowed our women. The fighting men of Brandonburg are a worthy foe, but they will submit to Duke Albert. Drink the last of the wine. Eat the last of the beef, for tomorrow we shed the blood of our enemy. My campaign being open, we roll for those last two tiles in the west.
>delay bc of still on the road.
>>
Rolled 86347 (1d99999)

>>529289
The skilled mercenaries, honed professional warriors, quickly overtake the scattered french citadels, scattering their opponents and taking hold of the territory. The mercenaries then return to their defensive fortifications, awaiting the inevitable french counteroffensive, and planning out a new, more advanced campaign considering their recent successes.

>>529293
Immediately, I have a question. Is it possible to finish a campaign and start a new one within the same year, even the same month?

(Dice are for possible defense, to be certain on that)
>>
OK, Clovis already posted a Campaign, Ruprecht countered, and war is on. The French have used up Jan and Feb. they have 10 more moves collectively. Ruprecht has the full 12, and uses 1 here:>>529289
Game on, but go slow guys, as it is tricky and i came up with this in a fever dream ~3 hours ago
>>
>>529316
>>529304
I'm dreadfully sorry, I didn't see that post until after posting.
>>
>>529315
We are doing one at a time, bruv. Right now it is France and Palatinate. Do your driving thang and don't fucking die. i cannot do Great Risk alone, and i like you faggot.

>>529316
yes to same year, no to same month UNLESS you stipulate as such in your intial Campaign Post.

>>529323
Don't be. I am still trying to figure this whole thing out. I think there is real potential here. Let me and d'Douch respond to your 2 rolls before you continue if you don't mind...
>>
File: 1472854033763-3327639.jpg (746KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1472854033763-3327639.jpg
746KB, 2560x1536px
Rolled 10446 (1d99999)

>>529316
Same
Proof still on road
>>
>>529333
Ignore
>>
Rolled 28993 (1d99999)

>>529289

The Men of Clovis rally and try to push back the Palatinate Mercenaries, but the odds are steep and no one knows how d'Douche will respond. Though he conquered the English, he may well remember that the men of Clovis opposed him...
>>
>>529349
>>529332
>>529323
>>529316
>>529296
>>529283
So this got really convoluted. Palatinate only wanted 1 T. They were responding to my invasion post. But d'Douche did not understand my garbled shit and attacked england. i though the roller formally known as Rome was going to just watch, so i moved to counter d'Douche. Rome became Palatinate and initiated conflict, OP shit himself, bob is most definitely not my uncle, and Prussia came back just in time for me to nearly collapse

ALL PLAYING IS HALTED

link here with your thoughts on the game, what needs changing and what needs adding or removing.

No rolls accepted for the time being...

I know this is annoying, but it is how i develop a game and serial risk has been good, right? I will be sure to credit you all if this actually works, and feel free to modify and transmogrify to your collective hearts' desire...
>>
Going to be gone for a little bit. Sorry guys.
I'll be back in an hour.
>>529349
d'Douche has little interest in preserving the weak links in his kingdom.
>>
>>529368
I will get back to you on this. So far this is really cool. Can we get enough players to understand it and make it interesting?
>>
>>529370
NP. /qst/ is a backwater. i have a thread that is going on 2weeks old for MERW. see you later masturbator.
>>
>>529374
'tis the question. what may be best is TC'd players get to be councilors and newbies are generals. an intellectual hierarchy as it were...
>>
>>529368
I do enjoy this. The depth makes you role play, and it forces you to get, at least sort of, into character. It makes the rolls feel like they actual have meaning. The main difficulties I think could be resolved by establishing a concrete posting format in the OP, and possibly a turn format generally. For example; Post once per map update/month, resolve all actions, move on to next month. I can see that this would put a tremendous load on the OP, but regular updates would really cut down on the bloat and convolution. Perhaps have players play for three months and post an update resolving all actions each the month period, slowing down to deal individually with specific cases where one month makes all the difference. Of course, this is all just speculation, and I'd be fine chugging along like this,though probably as a Roman Faction, for as long as a campaign lasts.
>>
I will read the whole thread in a bit and catch up
>>
>>529375
I'm back sooner than expected had to grill some food.
What about if rather than letting people have unlimited characters, each player can be a member of up to three councils (maybe more?)
They then can launch campaigns from any of those lands.

So I could be d'Douche of France, Aquitaine, and Navarre.
>>
File: 1472855999365-2121766497.jpg (430KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472855999365-2121766497.jpg
430KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>529421
A limit on characters I absolutely necessary to prevent spam. Maybe three maximum, with some roleplaying reason needed to explain sitting on the separate councils. (France and Navarre being united monarchies, Egypt and Turks being a prominent religious figure or something. Prevents people being campaigning in Egypt, Georgia, Russia and Iceland on one turn.
>>
This is Haliax. Ran to gym. Doing muh reps then running home. I will codify much, if not all of your additions. So, hourish.

>>529431
Is this a selfie !jW6 ?
>>
I've got to go sleep for eight hours. If this is still here tomorrow, I'll be here.
>>
>>529491
Yes... im half redneck
>>
>>529431
>superior Germanic genes
Kek. Can I join?
>>
>>529520
Better believe it.... and scotish
>>
>>529465
I like the idea of it being one character on three councils. Imagine having to do three separate rolls for each character in one turn.
Also, this can represent these characters wanting to keep their lands safe, or otherwise act in their own interests.
>>
anyone still here?
>>
OK, here is what we have so far:

The on map rules stay the same in terms of rolls and gameplay with these exceptions, amendments, and add ons:

>mupdates come out after each active player does 3 dice rolls (each being a month)

>every 12 months there is a new year Mupdate. No rolls to this mupdate, and all councils are convened for diplomacy and/or saber rattling

>rolling against unoccupied factions roll against the last mupdate post dice roll. each mupdate will have a dice roll to play against EXCEPT the NEW YEAR MUPDATE

>to gain Ts, a player must say which faction he is rolling from, how many Ts he wants to take and/or how many dice rolls/months he intends to press his attack

>each player gets 3 months/dice rolls per mupdate. Campaigns can be longer or shorter than the 3 month break

>no rules about turn order or repeat rolls
you heard me right. so if you want to campaign against X faction, you can. if some dork wants to spawn camp the thread and wipe out Bohemia there is nothing in the rules to stop him. coordinating with allies and enemies means (hopefully) a decrease in open ended conflict.

>1 paragraph of Role Play required per movement roll OR complete explanation of campaign, reasoning, intentions, and battle formations + 3 following rolls.

>any player can be a member of up to 3 councils concurrently or none at all. When a player initiates a campaign, they become a General and cannot vote on the Council for whichever faction they are campaigning for/from.

>any player can General for any Council. Councils may hire, persuade, or blackmail players to General for them.

>to be a Councilor, a player must have a TripCode

THOUGHTS???
>>
>>529745
>every campaign must begin with a Campaign Post
This post must contain reasoning/intention, duration, goals, and RP. This post is NOT a dice roll

>Campaign rolls must have dice or be appended with a Dice Roll to count
>>
I'd like to join, but would it be to much to ask for a demonstration. I honestly think i have a problem rule comprehension
>>
>>529745
d'Douche likes these.
I'd be happy to playtest this.
I'm going to be sharing some rules I came up with.
The idea being to add some city development, and other concepts, while keeping it as streamlined as possible to reduce confusion
>>
>>529777
post em and i will integrate BUT my gut says keep cities out for now... such complicate... the Councils are the equivalent of City States, yeah?
>>
>>529788
It's a fully separate project.
These rules need to be played with each other before either is fused with the other.
>>
anyone want me to launch a /tg/ game? which map?
>>
>>529819
200 bc?
I really like maps with fleets
GoB would also be fun.
>>
>>529836
I'm down for whatever honestly familia
>>
I call Papal State.
>>
>>>/tg/49141851
>>>/tg/49141851
>>>/tg/49141851
>>
File: Untitled.png (395KB, 2808x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
395KB, 2808x3200px
I'm going to start work on costs.
Here's the idea. Buildings, unless they say so, can be built in any city you own. The techs can be researched at a slower rate based upon how far down the tree they are.
This would go on a map similar to the 200bc map. The only way to get bonuses is to either build it, or conquer it.
Gold is used to buy buildings, and you have to pay upkeep on non gold buildings.
What do you guys think?
I want input.
>>
Test
>>
>>529745
i like where this is going. can a player be a council member of a faction he is not an ally but not necessarily an enemy of?
will post more questions and thoughts as the night goes on and we play the other thread
>>
>>529946
cool, can you put arrowheads on the lines to make sure i get the hierarchy
>>
>>530031
For sure. What do you think of cities being something that does not grant a base bonus, but instead can be improved.
>>
>>530043
i like the idea of cities really only when its real time and siege like... as for improvements, what would this provide the owner above that of their culture possessing the improvements instead and it being implied that they effect their entire faction?
>>
File: Untitled.png (397KB, 2808x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
397KB, 2808x3200px
>>530062
You need population to get a larger roll. If you have 5 Pop, but you roll a 7, you only get a 5
>>
>>530062
You also need 1 pop for each fleet, fort, and building that you possess
>>
>>530083
This is a prototype.
>>
File: Untitled.png (580KB, 5528x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
580KB, 5528x3200px
Better tech tree
>>
>>530387
Cool, how does economy function and you use a table format that is fillable like 200 BC. tomorrow we need to complete 200 BC
>>
>>530410
I'm hoping to get input from you guys.
So, you get 1 gold base per turn. I'm going to add costs to all of these buildings.
The further to the right a tech is, the more advanced, and harder to get, it is.
I think Ships will just cost a flat amount to buy.

The idea is that early you have a tribe that just roams around. Later on, you build up cities and invade and take farmland from other players.

Horseback Riding is going to work so that all players with it have their rolls resolve before players without it. Forts will be essential in preventing them from raiding your farmland.
>>
>>530430
Or grab cities, as cities will be tracked in a column so that players can decide where a city is built. When they are captured, all buildings within them transfers to the conqueror with the city.

The map will thus start without any cities on it.
>>
>>529745
i love theis man, when can we continue testing it?... os i can play without risking my life.
>>
>>530631
oh we will. im running MER for a bit, then passing out, but i do think this idea has promise, tho
>>
File: MER1200B14.png (820KB, 4976x2632px) Image search: [Google]
MER1200B14.png
820KB, 4976x2632px
final from Big MER
>>
>>530668
Posting
>>
>>530668
Claiming Kanem Kingdom.
>>
Claiming the Irish clans that have been unified for the first time in nigh two hundred years by a descendant of Brian Baru. After receiving an oath of allegiance from every clan on the isle, he has made it his duty to defend both faith and nation from Saracen and English Man alike. As his ancestor defeated the Vikings, he shall drive off all those with ill intent to Eire.
>>
>>531284
Hey there. Did you read through the thread? i know it is a lot, but please do so, then hit me back and we will discuss launching.

JSYK we will be doing this map @ 2000EST:>>530668
>>
>>531371
Cool, found a math role religion game on pol going on
>>
>>531371
Sorry man got busy there not going to be able to participate. But keep up the thread, it definitely looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>>/tg/49155785

>>>/tg/49155785

>>>/tg/49155785
>>
checking in
>>
>>536976
Any games today?
>>
>>536982
it has been dead for 2 days. /pol/ faggots are doing their meme spam games if you want. if you can get 2 more I'll run a game. I'm lurkan
>>
>>>/pol/87770024
>>
File: 1473123713131.png (640KB, 3106x2600px) Image search: [Google]
1473123713131.png
640KB, 3106x2600px
>>537494
ENDMAP

Thanks again for OPing
>>
>>538282
Doing any more games tonight?
>>
>>538291
Doubt it
>>
>>538282
>>538291
>>538295
thanks for reminding/doing hte endmap here man.
yeah did anyone get in the /pol/ game?
>>
>>538342
*remaining
>>
found everyone a possible game
>>>/pol/87808245
>>
>>538282
also,
>tfw hould have done the smaller 30YW map again. with 7 rollers that would have been awesome
>>
>>538379
>*could
mobile
>>
>>>/pol/87904382
>>>/pol/87904382
>>>/pol/87904382
>>>/pol/87904382
>>
checking back in
>>
>>540711
So, for the Seasonal Risk (multi-rolls) i had some ideas.

All the things we discussed ITT are good, so this is a bit different, and it will require a lot of work out of you, so no worries and no deadlines. Here's how it would go:

>start a /qst/ thread with th Map
>rill niggas always show up in our /qst/ bread, so they are the Kings/rulers
>there aren't any rolls in the /qst/ thread, just diplomacy and RP
>if a war breaks out, we (you, lol) make a minimap of the region in question and launch that map on /tg/, /pol/, /b/, literally anywhere.
>rollers on those threads are generals, lieutenants, whatever
>those threads determine the outcome of the mupdates on the /qst/ thread

whatchu think?

Im doing a map tonight cuz my Middle Eastern History got me all excited. imma try something new: when (if ;_;) people show up, imma assign them a country and ruler. if they don't like him, i'll give 'em another one. too dictatorial?
>>
>>542636
How long until you start man?
>>
>>542636
checking in
>>
>>542636
This sounds great bro
i think i understand all that and it sounds good. if real king shows up and wants to appoint a stand in by choice (cant play in a future bread) is that permissible?
>>
>>542636
make assigne ruler/facitons and have roll number of post assignment :^) first come first serve
>>
>>542762
*assigned
>>
File: for haliax.png (612KB, 3228x2256px) Image search: [Google]
for haliax.png
612KB, 3228x2256px
>>542636
>Seasonal Risk Rules
what needs change and added, lets go bro
>>
>>542636
reclaiming
>>
>>542789
The Glorious Empire of Rome, so resplendent as it is, remains in the east, despite the cruel depredations of the Turks in the east. I shall take up the mantle of Strategos of Nikaea, ruling over the remaining lands of the Empire east of the Hellespont. I shall defend Konstantinopoulis and the Emperor, and I shall summon the armies of my lands to fight off the turks. With god as my witness, may I be granted the strength of Hercules, the Martial skill of Aurelian, and the wisdom of Antoninus Pius.
>>
>>542872
>>542636
linking
>>
I missed looking at trips and got myself confused. Sorry.
>>
>>542878
are you palatinate or byzantine? :^)
>>
>>542789
The great Kingdom Of Leon, bathed in all its glory and majesty granted by the Lord himself, rises upon the throne in this great era of kings.

>all characters portrayed are fiction and do not represent the real leaders of this era.
>>
>>542885
>>542636
linking him too
hey bro, remember that Haliax is the OP, not me. i was just seeing if i could help build the map a bit.
>>
>>542883
Byzantine. It seems we're going monarchs, so I'll go for the Emperor rather than a Strategos.
>>
>>542888
i chose the weakest fuck and im pagan so not much there to work with :^)
strat is where it is at
>>
>>542889
Going mobile
>>
File: 1919_01.png (145KB, 1576x816px) Image search: [Google]
1919_01.png
145KB, 1576x816px
daaaaamnz look at all the (you)s

I was going to pick up 1918 WWI risk (pic related) but if yall wanna do somat else LMK

I will launch now if you guys want.

my vote is for WWI but i leave it to the Clan.
>>
>>542905
Down with watev man. Glad to take a night off
>>
>>542789
This is an excellent start. Imma mull over a bitch and come up with stuff.

ANYONE ELSE ITT
please feel free to suggest changes, no rules, removals, etc
>>
>>542905
Are you in chat? If not i can post it there
>>
>>542913
im not. i have always avoided it... i don't know why... should i join it?

oh i remember why. i refuse to use skype :/
>>
>>542905
Maybe start up new game for fun
>>
>>542914
I only joined for the chat and senpai. Some groups are btr than others
>>
>>>/tg/49227922

>>>/tg/49227922

>>>/tg/49227922
>>
>>542923
you going to relaunch tonight. i will push the other game toward peace map soon
>>
>>543153
im here
>>
>>543438
we need a board
IDs, flags, and use dice.
multiple threads with different kinds of risk at any point (multi-risking to keep newfags interested)
>>
File: 1472878314409.png (471KB, 5528x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1472878314409.png
471KB, 5528x3200px
I have returned.
These are rules for the 3500ish BC risk I am working on.
The map used will most likely be 200 BC. Nation positions will be changed. Economy rules will be substituted for these. Currently figuring out start nations, and Empire bonuses.

Input greatly welcomed.
>>
>>543662
looks good
do you have a map in mind?
>>
>>543662
We'd have to give a test run first.
And you(along with players) I assume need to be good at tracking numbers and such.
I'd play it
>>
>>544957
>>543662
>>542923
you guys around?
>>
>>545002
I am
>>
>>545048
thread going up at 7 est on tg, maybe pol
>>
>>545053
Ok f(a)m
>>
>>545059
isnt that just F^2
>>
>>>/tg/49246432
>>>/tg/49246432
GAME ON
>>
hows it going man?
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.