[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Way From Home: An Avatar LoK Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 44

File: Republic_City_streets_at_night.png (135KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Republic_City_streets_at_night.png
135KB, 444x250px
You wake up on a hard surface to a loud noise that distinctively sounds like a car horn.

Despite the terrible headache and general dizziness of mind, you somehow manage to get up and coordinate your way off whatever hard surface you are on and land your ass on another smoother part.

As you have a chance to collect your thoughts you soon notice that the car that was blaring its horn at you has already driven off and the only visible thing left is the taillights in the distance.

You have no recollection of what happened before you woke up, all you remember at the moment is your name Jakub Górski. You hail from the Polish coastal city of Gdansk where you used to be a dockworker before the economic turmoil of the 1990s forced you out of your job and you took up the life of petty crime to get by.

The streets around you look unfamiliar, the architecture of the buildings is foreign to say the least. The closest thing you can think up for reference is possibly Chinese with the way the roofs of the buildings are arched.

You don't remember Gdansk having a Chinatown so the situation is to say the least, suspicious.

>Check our inventory, who knows what stuff we're carrying
>Call out and see if anyone answers
>Choose a direction to head towards and start looking for answers
>Look at our surroundings some more, there's gotta be something here that we can use
>Other action, specify
>>
>>522515
>>Check our inventory, who knows what stuff we're carrying
>>
>>522515
>Check inventory
>Look at surroundings
>>
>>522515
>>
>>522517

This
>>
File: Inventory.png (125KB, 821x798px) Image search: [Google]
Inventory.png
125KB, 821x798px
>>522517
>>522519
>>522521
>>522527

We have the following things on our person (excluding clothing):
>Swiss army pocket knife, has tools for every situation.
>Our old but trusty Nokia 3310, not a scratch on it.
>A small notebook filled with notes that we take each day to keep our mind occupied
>A pen
>Our wallet
>A stainless steel hip flask filled with a clear liquid, most likely vodka.
>A black Colt Detective 38. Special revolver that is currently not loaded from the looks of it
>An unopened white parcel, we don't know whats inside it since we don't know where it came from
>>
>>522544
>Open the parcel and read.
>>
>>522544
>Open the parcel
>>
>>522515
>Avatar
Interesting.
>Polish
No thanks. At least try to stick to the lore, idiot.
>>
>>522573
No no no anon, can't you tell? This yet again another kind of quest where you wake up in a fictional world
>>
File: The Parcel.jpg (58KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
The Parcel.jpg
58KB, 1300x1300px
>>522549
>>522557

There is no text on the parcel, it seems to be just a clear white package with something hard inside it.

Regardless, we carefully rip the top part open to see what's inside.

After removing the top we stick our hand inside and grab the first thing we can find.

There is a cold metallic feel on the small object that we manage to bring out to our field of vision before we take a closer look and realize that its a bullet.

The markings indicate that its the same caliber as the revolver we have.

With our ammunition problem solved we load a full chamber to the revolver before placing it into our jacket's inner pocket where it can remain concealed and ready for use.

The only other thing we find inside the parcel is what looks to be a few paper bills, the text on them reads: 'Central Bank of the URN, one-hundred yuans.'

What is our next course of action?

>Call out and see if anyone answers
>Look at our surroundings some more, there's gotta be something here that we can use
>Other action, specify
>>
File: 1472219123257.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472219123257.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>522599
>>
>>522608
>Look for the tallest building we can see.

Those things tend to be important.
>>
File: republiccityart.jpg (235KB, 1280x683px) Image search: [Google]
republiccityart.jpg
235KB, 1280x683px
>>522630
The tallest buildings that we can see from our current location are the large skyscrapers in the distance that seem to watch over the city in an almost imposing manner.

We can't really tell which is the tallest out of all of them though since we don't exactly have the tools and know how to make that judgement.
>>
>>522672
>Start walking in that direction.
>>
File: auction-hammer.jpg (2MB, 3451x2343px) Image search: [Google]
auction-hammer.jpg
2MB, 3451x2343px
>>522685
Any support for this course of action?
>>
>>522685

Seconding this, exit the building we're in now and be lost for a bit I suppose
>>
File: Republic_City_alley.png (184KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Republic_City_alley.png
184KB, 444x250px
>>527332
>>522685
We begin walking down the street and towards what our mental compass thinks is west, our footsteps echoing on the empty streets as we do so.

As we walk we become increasingly paranoid about the unknown environment we find ourselves in, thinking that at any moment something or someone could jump at us from the shadowy alleyways where the streetlights don't shine.

Eventually the anxiety becomes so unbearable that we have to find some way to keep our mind occupied so we don't go crazy and start jumping at shadows.

>Write down something into the notebook
>Fiddle with our phone
>Take a sip from the hip flask, we really could use a drink right about now.
>Start whistling a tune
>Take another look at the revolver we're carrying
>Other action, specify
>>
>>528458
>Write down a journal in our book.
It's a unfamiliar place so it must be recorded in detail.
>>
File: tfw being followed.jpg (156KB, 543x667px) Image search: [Google]
tfw being followed.jpg
156KB, 543x667px
>>528609
We take out the notebook and the green ballpoint pen that we always carry with us and begin scribbling down our thoughts and observations that we have so far made about the yet unnamed city we're in.

'3rd of June.' We begin. 'Woke up on the street and almost got driven over by a car.'

For a moment we wonder if the blunt way is a good way to start our journal of the events but simply shrug in indifference as we continue writing.

'I'm certainly not home anymore, the city looks so... foreign. Its so hard to put to words.' We continue before glancing up from our notebook as we could swear we heard whispering coming from an alleyway that we just walked past from.

Shrugging the thought off as probably just some animal making noise among the trash we keep writing.

'The buildings look like a mixture of that classic-kind of western architecture you see in places like New York but much older, old as in the kind you see in those old noire films from 1930s and 40s.' We write down as we take a closer look at an apartment building we're walking past.

'However.' We note. 'There's also clearly a certain... Asian influence, closest I could say would probably be Chinese or Japanese with the way the windows, doors and roofs look. I'm no architect certainly but even I can notice the similarity in the construction.'

As we think about what to write next the whispering we heard earlier seems to have suddenly become much clearer, and this time its accompanied by additional footsteps.

We almost freeze on the spot as we realize that someone is clearly following us, someone who doesn't want us to notice them.

>Turn around slowly to see who it is.
>Keep on walking, its probably just some local whose out on a late night stroll and our paranoia is just getting the better of us
>Prepare our weapon of choice for use, we may have to use it if the person following us is dangerous
>Speak to whoever is following us but don't turn around and show our face.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>528648
>Turn around weapon prepped asking who it is
Prep the gun
>>
>>528681
Stealthily, we're not sure we have a foe here.
>>
File: Triple-Threat-Gang-Members.png (901KB, 1433x901px) Image search: [Google]
Triple-Threat-Gang-Members.png
901KB, 1433x901px
>>528731
>>528681
We keep our hand near the chest area of our jacket, ready to pull out the loaded revolver at a moment's notice should the people following us be muggers or any other kind of threat that lurks the streets during the night.

After a deep breath, we steadily turn around.

In front of us stand three men in an assortment of clothing that reminds you way too much of the traditional Chinese silk attire that you've seen only in pictures of history books.

The one on our left is a pale, thin man who seems more like a caricature of a supervillain with his evil mustache and dark clothing than a mugger.

The next guy is tan, more average-looking in his bodybuild and is wearing what looks to be a weird bastard version that looks like a cross between a top hat and a fedora along with real gangsta-like gold necklace on his neck.

The last one is a giant of a man that looks ugly as hell, like he was a nigger with down-syndrome whose skin was forcibly bleached to look white, he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed with the way he seems to be picking his nose right at the moment we turn around.

"Evening fellow traveler, nice time for a late night stroll ain't it?" The guy with the funny hat asks us in a tone that is dripping with sarcasm.

>Greet them in kind
>Ask them who they are
>Make a joke
>Turn around and keep walking
>Don't say anything
>Cock the hammer of the revolver and get ready to shoot
>Other action, specify
>>
>>528768
>But there's nothing better than a nighttime stroll isn't there?
>So who am I speaking to?
>>
>>528768
ask them who they are, cock the hammer.
>>
File: Triple_Threat_Triad.png (154KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Triple_Threat_Triad.png
154KB, 444x250px
>>528797
>>528862
The men don't seem to be visibly armed but we're not taking any chances so we stealthily slip our hand towards the gun inside our jacket.

"Well, you know what they say... no time like the night time?" We say with a nervous laugh.

The three men seem most amused at our attempt at a joke as they laugh their asses off while we proceed to cock the hammer of the revolver in preparation for a possible fight.

"You're a funny guy..." The middle man says to us as he's attempting to catch his breath from laughing too hard.

"It would be nice to know who I'm talking to though." We say calmly and wait for the three men to make their move.

"But of course! Where are my manners!" The man says with a devilish grin. "Bao 'Viper' Zheng, a pleasure."

"Fai 'Two-Toed' Ping." The walking stereotype says with an equally creepy grin as he twirls his moustache.

"Dong." The big man on the right says in a low and slow tone that seems to match his level of intellect as he attempts to slap a fly on his forehead.

>Ask them about their intentions with us and why they decided to follow us
>They are clearly nothing but thugs, let's just shoot them and be done with it
>Make up an excuse to leave and attempt to exit the scene
>Attempt to continue the conversation in a pleasant manner to buy ourselves more time to come up with a plan of action
>Other action, specify
>>
>>528910
>Ask them why they decided to talk to us
>Ask for directions to a hotel or something.
>>
File: 156210661.jpg (13KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
156210661.jpg
13KB, 640x430px
>>528927
Throw a charisma check with a 1d100 to see whether they will comply with your request or not.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>529001
Ready to get screwed by RNG.
>>
File: m1733vtMaU1qg4tl0o.jpg (38KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
m1733vtMaU1qg4tl0o.jpg
38KB, 450x254px
>>529009
"So why did you want to talk to me specifically?" We ask them with a raised eyebrow. "You seemed awfully interested in me with the way you followed me all this time."

The fedoraman simply chuckles in response to our remark.

"Well there aren't exactly any other people around at this time to talk to now are there?" He returned the question rhetorically. "You also seem like a new face in town so me and the boys wanted to get some idea of just who the hell you are, for future reference of course."

"Well, you've met me now." We say while throwing our hands to the side and leaning forward slightly. "So what happens next?"

Once more, laughter is the man's response.

"Now its time for you to pay the toll tax." He begins with a grin that promises a world of pain to anyone who opposes. "In case you hadn't noticed yet, you're in Triple Threat Triad territory and we always get our money..."

"...Whether it is voluntarily..." The thin man continues the sentence while magically producing a ball of fire in his hand as if out of thin air.

"...Or by force." The fedoraman finishes as the giant of a man next to him cracks his knuckles audibly enough that even we can clearly hear it.

"Woah, woah woah... guys." We begin after a while of standing dumbfounded at what we had just witnessed. "Take some pity on a poor fella like me, I honestly didn't know about this arrangement of yours and apologize for the mistake."

"Sorry, but an apology ain't gonna cut it." Fedoraman says, this time in a much more serious and definitely more threatening tone. "Hand over all the money you have or else we're gonna have to beat you until cash starts coming out."

"Look, I don't have any money with me right now." We say while taking out our wallet which was empty save for a credit card and a bunch of other useless crap like our driver's license. "See? I deposited everything into the bank just recently, I even have a receipt." We continue with our bluff in hopes that the thugs will buy it.

The would-be muggers seem thoughtful for a moment.

"Okay fine, you can go this time." The guy from before says but raises his hand to interrupt us before we can say anything in response. "But, you better have the money next time or you ain't walking out of the meeting alive. Got it?"

We nod profusely to keep up the facade that we are actually afraid of them "Good, now get out of here before we change our minds."

We begin to back away from the scene quickly and eventually begin full on sprinting away from the three men.

We managed to get out of the situation without resorting to violence but we are still pretty much lost in the foreign environment

What do we do now?

>Attempt to find a hotel, Inn or some other place where we can spend the night for a price
>Find a public park and sleep on the ground like the homeless
>We're not really tired, just spend the rest of the night exploring and sleep during the day
>Other action, specify
>>
>>529108
>Find a hotel or inn.
>>
>>529108
find hotel or inn, ask at the reception for information about where the hell we are
>>
>>529159
>>529173
Throw perception check with 1d100 to see whether we can successfully find one before the night is over. :^)
>>
>>529185
dice+1d100
>>
>>529185
fuck, i dunno how to do it.what do i type?
>>
File: 46d.jpg (64KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
46d.jpg
64KB, 600x793px
>>529194
You just need to put it into the options field.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>529185
We are not sleeping like homeless.
>>
File: disappointment-valley.jpg (22KB, 425x250px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment-valley.jpg
22KB, 425x250px
>>529204
Unless someone gets a better roll I have some bad news for you.
>>
>>529199
like copy paste perception check 1d100 into options? first time i roll anything
>>
>>529271
No, just type the dice+1d100 into the options field to roll a 100-sided dice, this is explained in the sticky.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>529290
ok, didn't read the sticky, never expected to roll
>>
File: Bar_interior.png (54KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bar_interior.png
54KB, 333x250px
>>529312
>>529204
After hours of wandering the streets aimlessly we manage to spot something that at least resembles an Inn and begin heading towards it.

The sign outside reads: "Restless Spirit Inn, Rooms 20 Yuans/Night" and since we don't really have a way to compare the values of Yuan to Zloty we have no idea whether the room is actually cheap or whether we are being ripped off.

Either way, we are tired so we head inside the building. Most of the patrons at the bar seem to have already retired for the night judging from the amount of empty seats.

We wait for a while, sitting at the counter tapping our finger against the wood before seeing a young girl step out of the back room.

Her jade green eyes and tanned skin are covered by strands of long, straight raven black hair which she flicked to the side as she stopped in front of us.

”What'll it be for you?” She asked with an almost fake cheerfulness as she took out a notebook to write down any orders we might have for her.

”I need a place to stay in, I'm new to the city so I don't know my way around that well.” We say as we take a quick glance around at what the place has in stock in terms of drinks in case we need to fill our stache of liquor when the vodka eventually runs out.

”We have several free rooms, which one would you like?” The barmaid says to us as she slides a list of rooms in front of us.

>Take the cheapest one they have, we need to save our cash until we can find a source of income
>Take a regular room, we deserve to sleep on a decent bed
>Take the best room the place has, lets enjoy life while it lasts. Breakfast is also included with this choice.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>529376
cheapest one, also ask for location and points of interest
>>
>>529386
This

We're not exactly rolling in dough.
>>
File: 16997233370_5b23843afb_b.jpg (345KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
16997233370_5b23843afb_b.jpg
345KB, 1024x683px
>>529386
>>529411

”The cheapest one.” We say as we look over the list, the girl simply nods as she scribbles something into her notes.

”Okay, so the room is fifteen yuans a night.” She said as she opened up the register and we dug our pockets for the parcel before handing her one of the hundred yuan bills.

”Here's your change and the key to your room, its the second one on the right when you head up the stairs.” The girl instructs as she hands us the key and eighty-five yuans in total back, spread out in notes of twenty and five respectively. "A fair word of warning though, its not exactly as maintained as the other rooms so don't mind if you see a few spiderwebs."

"Noted." We respond to her as we pocket the change and walk up on the staircase nearby.

Soon we come across a hallway with the quest rooms spread along the sides. We turn to look towards the key in our hand and notice the number carved into its handle.

'Number 6...' We mentally repeated the room's number as we walk on the creaky floor before stopping in front of the one that the girl mentioned and stick the key into the lock.

After opening it we almost immediately regret it as a cloud of dust flies into our face from within, which cause us to sneeze and cough uncontrollably.

”Kurwa mac! When was this place last cleaned up?” We exclaim as our eyes finally stop watering from the dust in the air and we can take a look within the room itself.

The place itself isn't exactly the worst we've seen, firstly there aren't any cockroaches that we can see and secondly there most certainly is an actual bed with the addition of a night table and a small closet where we can store our possessions in if need be. The tricky part is of course that everything's covered in a thick layer of dust.

Sighing tiredly we walk over to the small window that overlooks the street below before forcefully yanking it open so the air can circulate openly in the damp space.

Opening up the closet, we find some very basic cleaning tools covered in spiderweb which we retrieve and use to sweep up most of dust on the surfaces so we can at least breathe without constantly sucking in large amounts of dust particles.

After an hour or so the whole room is in a somewhat livable condition. We had had to sweep every single one of the surfaces, including the bedsheets, with the worn broom and dustpan we were provided with, a ridicilous task in itself considering that he we are the ones paying good money to stay in the room in the first place.

But when it is finally done we are teeming with bride and quickly collapse onto the bed, rolling onto our back as he finally have a chance to simply lie down and think.

It doesn't matter what the topic is, we just enjoy the opportunity to not be constantly stressed out about someone making a jump on us on the street. We simply let our mind wander and before we knew it, we were fast asleep without even intending to do so.

That's all for tonight, I'm off to sleep now.
>>
>>529446
cheers m8ey
>>
>>529446
Later OP.
>>
File: n0fv83A84Q1tqupd0o.gif (927KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
n0fv83A84Q1tqupd0o.gif
927KB, 500x300px
>>529451
>>529454
We wake up the next morning to the sound of heavy rainfall coming from outside the window as it comes in contact with the building's roof.

We stretch our limbs to get rid of the stiffness induced by our sleep on the somewhat hard and lumpy bed before getting up.

After retrieving our stuff from the night table we take out our notebook and pen again and begin writing down the rest of the events and thoughts we have about last last night while we figure out what to do next.

>Spend some time in the bar and try striking conversation with the cute barmaid there while waiting for the rainfall to pass
>We're not made of sugar! Go outside and explore the city some more, maybe try find some work or a place to eat. Risk getting a nasty cold.
>Stay in our room and come up with a proper game plan for the future while waiting for the weather to clear up
>Other action, specify
>>
>>530759
chat up the barmaid, we need more info about our surroundings
>>
File: the-traditional-pub-counter.jpg (95KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
the-traditional-pub-counter.jpg
95KB, 640x445px
>>530797
We exit the room, lock it behind us and walk down the creaky stairs all the while furiously scribbling down notes into our 'journal' about what happened last night.

'Came in contact with some local thugs, chatted up with them a bit before they revealed their true nature and tried to mug me, managed to bluff them into thinking I didn't have anything on me and got out of the situation without having to resort into violence. An experience I have no interest in repeating.' We write before sitting down onto the counter, not really paying attention as we keep writing.

'Note to self. Don't walk the streets at night unless you're a really good talker or willing to resort to violence.' We finish our notes about last night for now and looked up to see that the space behind the counter in front of us was empty.

"Huh." We say, thinking that the barmaid must be on a break at the moment.

>Call out to the back room that we see on the right and ask if we can get some service
>Wait for her to come back
>Leave the building and go outside
>Write some more notes (specify topic)
>Draw something into the notebook to pass time, quality may wary.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>530859
wait a bit, if nobody comes check if there's anything to "borrow", eventually ask after the barmaid
>>
File: ph-0.jpg (19KB, 640x289px) Image search: [Google]
ph-0.jpg
19KB, 640x289px
>>530873
We decide not to act hasty or make any conclusions just yet and simply opt to wait behind the counter for a while.

Minutes pass by and there is still no sign of the barmaid, or anyone else for that matter. Almost like the whole place has been abandoned. There are no noises coming from the back room that we can hear at least so either the barmaid is being really quiet during her break or she's not there at all.

Eventually the tension of waiting becomes unbearable and we get up from our chair and climb over the counter.

We take a closer look at all the various brands of liquor before something glinting underneath the counter catches our eye and we turn to see what it is.

Picking the object up and bringing it to the dim light, we can see that its a very decent looking shortsword. The handle of the blade is very simple but carvings on the blade itself are very decorated and must have required an experienced weaponsmith to make them.

'But how could a simple barmaid afford a blade like this? Is she more than she looks?' We ask ourselves mentally as we place the sword in its sheath which is right next to it before 'borrowing' it for the investigation.

"Miss? You in here?" We call out to the barmaid as we stand by the doorway to the back room.

Silence is our answer.

>Head into the room and investigate the situation further
>Take the sword and leave
>Put the sword back in place and leave
>Take a look out the window and see what's going on outside
>Call out again, louder this time
>Other action, specify
>>
>>530891
take the sword,head into the room
>>
File: trashed room.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
trashed room.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>530899
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo

We keep our hand on the sword's handle and slowly push the back room's partially open door aside and enter in.

The sight that awaits us is, to say the least surprising.

The room has been completely trashed, furniture has been turned over and broken stuff is all over the floor. Someone with obviously malicious intent must have been come through here.

The barmaid is not here either though, the only sign that anyone was ever here besides the trashed furniture is a small bloodstain on the wall.

>Take a closer look at the bloodstain.
>Investigate the rest of the room further and look for clues as to what happened.
>Write down the observations that we've so far made about what happened here.
>Detective work is not our strong suit, better find a police station and call in the professionals.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>530904
investigate the room and the bloodstain, take notes of all we see
>>
File: Bloodspatter-Documentation.jpg (40KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodspatter-Documentation.jpg
40KB, 600x299px
>>530920
Throw 1d100 for perception check to see if we can find any conclusive evidence to figure out what happened in the room.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>530939
here we go, sherlock
>>
File: Journal.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Journal.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>530951
We search the room high and low but we are unable to find anything that could tell us what exactly happened so we are reduced to pretty much guesswork.

The blood stain itself looks like it could have come as a result of pretty much anything, the barmaid could have possibly hit her head on the wall and passed out, or maybe someone attacked her and managed to land a hit that resulted in blood being smeared on the wall?

We can't know for certain, not with what we have to deal with. In final conclusion to our notes we write down that someone, most likely a robber, came in while she was in the back room taking a break and attacked her. In the resulting fight she was either killed or seriously wounded, hence the blood stain. After that her attacker must have taken her body with them to dispose of the evidence.

After putting our notebook away we return back to the main room, which still seems to be empty before tapping our chin thoughtfully and trying to figure out what we should do now.

The rain seems to have stopped when we look out the window so it would probably be a good time to finally go outside.

>Check the register, if the attacker really was a robber they would have taken everything in there.
>Go outside and look for further clues.
>Go outside and try to find a police station or an officer on patrol.
>Take anything of value we can find and that hasn't been broken.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>530967
check the register, then go outside to look for further clues.altough if i roll like that again, might as well shoot my face.
>>
File: Downtown_Republic_City.png (163KB, 373x250px) Image search: [Google]
Downtown_Republic_City.png
163KB, 373x250px
>>530968
We walk over to the register to check its contents, from the outside it doesn't seem like it was forced open or anything so it most likely doesn't have a lock on it or it was left open by the barmaid.

As we open it up, our theory is brought into question when we see that all of the money is still inside the register. Every single coin and bill remains untouched.

We don't touch them for now but leave the register open in the event that we change our minds before heading out the front door and onto the busy street.

Lots of people can be seen walking past us, they don't seem to pay us any attention beyond a brief glance and the occasional raised eyebrow at our foreign features.

'Turns out a Slav sticks out from among a crowd of Asians, who would have thought?' We think sarcastically as we scan the environment for clues, only thing we can notice at first glance are the visible tire tracks left by a car onto the patch of driveway in front the establishment.

>Take a closer look at the tracks (requires another roll and unlikely to give us any further clues)
>Go back and retrieve the money for ourselves.
>Forget about the money and try to find the local law enforcement
>Forget about the whole incident for now and explore.
>Ask for directions from a passerby (specify what you're looking for and roll charisma with 1d100 to see whether they will answer.)
>Other action, specify.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>530996
Fuck it, take only the money we spent on the room, close the register and try to find the local law enforcement.Ask for directions towards the station, if it doesn't work just search around.
>>
File: Police_headquarters.png (206KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Police_headquarters.png
206KB, 444x250px
>>531015
We manage to get one of the people to stop briefly with an "Excuse me, sir." and ask him about directions to the nearest police station, he instructs us to head down the street and then turn left where the city's main square and most governmental buildings are located at. This should take us to the police HQ, which is pretty much the only building the city's law enforcement has.

After getting the necessary directions we head back inside to retrieve the money we spent on the room from the register before closing it and starting our journey towards the law enforcement's base of operations. For about a half an hour we walk down the streets, feeling ever so slightly uncomfortable among the masses of people who occasionally give us the curious stare that just screams "That guy looks funny."

When we finally arrive to our destination we stare in awe at the massive buildings that occupy the place before spotting the building where several uniformed people are walking in and out of.

At the same time though, our stomach reminds us that we haven't eaten anything for a while now and are starting to feel slightly lightheaded from hunger.

>Quiet down stomach, we have important business to take care of.
>We really could use some grub right about now, maybe there's a stall selling sandwiches or some other fast food nearby.
>Check that out notes are in order and our weapons are properly concealed, they might make us a part of the investigation as a witness, or if bad comes to worse a suspect.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531061
grab grub from stall, eat, check notes and weapons, then go to the cops!
>>
File: Police_headquarter_offices.png (147KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Police_headquarter_offices.png
147KB, 444x250px
>>531095
We grab some shellfish noodles as takeaway from one of the stalls for a measly five Yuans and greedily chunk all of it down before downing it all with a sip from our flask of liquor.

With our stomach satisfied we quickly go through our notes and circle the most important parts with our pen so they are easier to spot from amongst our messy writings. After that we make sure that our revolver's hammer is uncocked inside our jacket before placing the sword and the hilt sitting on our side inside the jacket as well.

When all is said and done we head inside the den of the beast, feeling ever so nervous about stepping inside a building housing people that hunt down people like us for a living. Our past was never exactly the cleanest one.

>Find the front desk and ask where you can report a crime
>Ask if you can talk to the police chief.
>Let the hate flow through you and shoot at all the pigs you see as revenge for all those times you got beaten needlessly or framed for a crime you didn't commit by the corrupt bastards back home.
>Wait for someone to talk to us so we don't feel awkward.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531154
>Find the front desk and ask where you can report crimes.
>>
>>531154
first option
>>
File: nl962d14As1rku3fs.jpg (46KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nl962d14As1rku3fs.jpg
46KB, 500x281px
>>531163
>>531166
After a while of standing around awkwardly we eventually spot a line of people waiting in front of a large desk and join in, thinking that it must be what we're looking for just from the sheer amount of people that are present there.

Minutes go by and we get bored after a while and attempt to strike conversation with the person in front of us, but they don't seem interested and simply choose to ignore us.

Eventually, after what feels like hours its finally our turn to talk to the officer sitting at the desk. He's a dorky looking fella that wears glasses and he seems like he would be more home as a journalist than a police officer.

"Can I help you, sir?" He asks us in a pleasant tone.

"Yeah, is this where I can report crimes?" We ask innocently enough, the man's expression turns sour quickly as he prepares his typewriter.

"Yes, you most certainly came to the right place." He says off-handedly as he quickly types something down. "What is the nature of the crime you'd like to file a report for?"

>We think we witnessed an assault
>We think we witnessed a murder
>We think we witnessed a robbery
>We're not sure about the nature of the crime, we just arrived to the scene when it was over.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531206
>I'm not sure about the nature of the crime, we just arrived in the scene when it was over
>Describe the scene.
>>
>>531206
we're not sure, give him all the details in the notebook
>>
File: Police-Report.jpg (166KB, 728x967px) Image search: [Google]
Police-Report.jpg
166KB, 728x967px
>>531213
>>531226
"I don't really know, violent crime I guess." We say as we take out our notebook. "Here I took some notes, the place is called The Restless Spirit Inn."

The officer behind the counter takes the notebook with a nod and begins going through the text that we wrote, obviously skipping the unnecessary parts but stops after he's gone through a few pages and begins typing down what we guess is the report itself that will later be handled over to the people further up in the food chain.

As he's typing we fiddle our thumbs and whistle an old marching tune that we learned during our time in the army before being kicked out for disrespecting our superiors a little bit too often and stealing supplies from the kitchen and armory on occasion to sell for a small profit.

'Good times...' We think before taking note that the officer handling our case has already finished typing.

"Now that that's finished, would you please follow me. We may need to ask you some questions about the incident." He says as he steps out from behind the counter before being replaced by his colleague .

>Don't say anything just follow him.
>Ask if this is really necessary.
>Ask him if we could have our notebook back.
>Refuse to follow him.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531268
ask him about the notebook, follow him anyways.we're in copland now.
>>
File: Police_headquarters_interior.png (155KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Police_headquarters_interior.png
155KB, 444x250px
>>531291
Seeing as we don't really have any other choice we follow the man as he leads us past the hallways and into what looks like a classic example of an interrogation room.

"Please take a seat on the table, we'll be with you shortly." He says as he's about to close the door behind him.

"Wait! When can I have my notebook back!?" We shout after him and he stops briefly before looking at us.

"Its considered a piece of evidence and by extension part of the investigation now. You may ask for it back at the front desk when we judge it necessary to release you." He explains to us before closing the door and leaving us alone inside the room.

>Start pacing around the room and taking a closer look at what little there is to see.
>Do as the man said and sit down on the table, we have enough patience to wait.
>Check for listening devices or any kind of observation holes that they may use to spy on us.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531321
sit down at the table, try to remain calm, humm those patriotic songs or whatever.Looking stressed won't help.
>>
File: Thisguy.png (11KB, 324x456px) Image search: [Google]
Thisguy.png
11KB, 324x456px
>>531341
We decide that worrying about the coming interrogation too much isn't going to be good for our mental health we sit down to the table and take a deep breath.

To pass time we continue to whistle the catchy tunes of the marching song and attempt to remain cool despite our current predicament so we don't give our interrogators the wrong impression about ourselves.

Eventually we don't even have to wait for that long, by our own count only a few minutes pass by before the door opens up again and in walks a large middle-aged man in uniform whose intimidating outlook simply screams authority.

"So, you're the man who reported the incident at the Restless Spirit Inn?" He says as he stands on the other side of the table.

We nod in response.

"Good, I can see that you're at least cooperative." He says as he starts pacing around us, taking out a notepad as he does so. "I'm Lieutenant Bao Zhensheng and I'm the man in charge of leading this investigation, our boys on patrol just confirmed your story and are now on the scene."

"So first question, what is your name? Don't worry we're not doing any background checks or anything like that, its just a formality." He says with a chuckle.

>Tell him our real name
>Come up with a fake Chinese name (Requires intelligence check with 1d100 to see if we can come up with a convincing one on the spot)
>Bluff and say we don't have a name.
>Don't say anything
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>531492
Real name, we're already standing out, so no point trying to hide it
>>
>>533746
>Marcin Wenczeslaw

Suitably polish.
>>
>>533882
>>533746
I already have the character's name designated at the beginning of the quest, no need to suggest new ones.

"Jakub Górski." We answer simply enough, the police lieutenant suddenly stops writing and turns to look towards us questioningly.

"Come again?" He asks us in a confused tone.

"Jakub... Górski." We say slower this time as if we were talking to a foreigner who we had no common language with. "My name is Jakub Górski."

Our interrogator scratches his head briefly as he's most likely attempting to figure out how our name is written.

"You sure have a weird name, certainly weird enough that I don't know how to write it." He says while biting his lip ever so slightly in frustration and confirming our suspicion.

>Spell the name out for him.
>Ask if we can write the name ourselves
>Skip the name, its a formality anyway right?
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>534054
>>Spell the name out for him.
>>
>>534054
>Spell the name out for him.
>>
>>534054
spell it out
>>
>>534054
either spell it or ask if we can write it ourselves
>>
>>534373
>>534654
>>534717
>>534790
We attempt to spell out the way our name to him in a clear way and to the best of our ability and eventually after a few failed attempts when he shows us the end of our short linguistics lesson we find it acceptable.

It isn't perfect but close enough to the original.

"Now that that's done with, my second question concerns your citizenship." He says to us as he wipes his forehead with the back of his hand. "Are you from around here? Did you immigrate perhaps or are you just a visiting from elsewhere?" He continues while waving his pen around as if to motion us to speak.

We figure that all these questions seem irrelevant to the case itself and seem to be directed towards finding out more about us.

>Question the relevance of our nationality to the case in question
>Answer the question honestly
>Lie and say that we are a native. (Throw charisma with 1d100 to see if we are convincing enough)
>Say that we come from a small island nation up north and are looking to emigrate
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>534884
Our name is written*
fug.
>>
>>534884
answer honestly, what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>534884
>>Answer the question honestly
>>
honestly, worst thing is he won't believe us or think we are crazy. But we've already seen we're getting strange looks for our ethnicity, so I doubt he would believe us if we said we were from any nation he knows about. Besides which, unless our Polish petty criminal is a secret Avatar fan, we don't even know any place other than a generic 'small villiage way up north' to say we are from
>>
>>534929
>>534959
>>534983
I think we've already established that the MC has no idea about the Avatar or the world the series is set in.

'Well, no sense crying over spilled milk...' We think as we look the man in front of us unflinchingly in the eyes. 'Might as well go balls deep with my honesty and see where it takes me.'

"I am a registered citizen of the Republic of Poland and by extension the European Union." We announce in a straightforward manner and await our interrogator's response.

Turns out we don't have to wait for long as the man bursts out in laughter, apparently thinking that we were attempting to make a joke.

"That's a good one..." He says while snickering. "But seriously though, where are you from? Earth Kingdom perhaps?"

>Roll 1d100 for charisma and write your answer to him.
>>
>>535182
Also, I'm done for tonight.

I'll see ya'll tomorrow.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>535182
Technically, we are from "Earth", so let's just twist the truth by going with his answer and say we came from this earth kingdom.
>>
>>535486
Honestly we should just be confused. "I mean, I'm from Earth, yeah, where else would I be from? Poland's not a kingdom, though. Say, where is this, anyway? Hong Kong? I ask because I must have had a bit too much to drink night before last; I woke up and this sure isn't anywhere near where I started the night."
>>
>>535889
"Look, I still have no idea where I am. You seem to understand me speaking Polish, but din't recognize my name. I sure as hell don't speak Chinese, so I have no idea what's going on."
>>
>>535906
'As much as I want to get home right now, though, isn't this a bit beside the point? I came in here to report a crime. When I came downstairs this morning the inn I was staying at had been broken into, the barmaid was missing, and there were bloodstains on the walls. I thought the police should know, so I came here.'
>>
>>535889
Seconding.
>>
After some mutual disbelief and crazy-sounding explanations, plus perhaps a demonstration of bending to prove it's real, I'm almost expecting us to be like 'this is some bullshit. I inexplicably wake up in a completely different world, and one where everybody has magic powers? This is like something straight out of some fucking cheap novel for bored schoolboys!'

Of course, we'll then still have to figure out how to get on with out life (once a thief, always a thief?) and whether there's any way to get back home (or if we even want to) but I think some shocked disbelief is in order first.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>535182
Write the truth, if he still doesn't believe us just tell him we come from a land far far away.
>>
File: Eeho8BM.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Eeho8BM.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>536728
>>536040
>>535942
>>535918
>>535906
>>535889
>>535486
"I mean, I'm from planet Earth, yeah, where else would I be from? Mars?" We begin our confused tirade. "Poland's not a kingdom, though. Say, where is this, anyway? Hong Kong? Just asking because I must have had a bit too much to drink night before last; I woke up with a terrible fucking headache and this sure isn't anywhere near where I started the night." We continue, leaving the officer of the law in front of us somewhat wordless.

We take his silence as a sign to keep going.

"Look, I still have no idea where I am. You seem to understand me speaking Polish, but din't recognize my name. I sure as hell don't speak Chinese or whatever it is you people fucking use as your language, so I have no idea what's going on." We keep going on with our tirade and the man attempts to interrupt but we motion with our hand that we're not finished.

"As much as I want to get home, fuck some bitches and get piss-drunk right now, though, isn't this a bit beside the point? I came in here to report a crime. When I came downstairs this morning the inn I was staying at had been broken into, the barmaid was missing, and there were bloodstains on the walls. I thought the police should know, so I came here." We finish venting out all of our frustrations out loud.

The tension in the room that followed was so thick that one would need an icebreaker to even have a chance of getting through any of it.

"As much as I'd like to say that what you just said is impossible and that you're crazy..." The man says to us after a while. "I have to admit that I've heard of weirder things happening in the past. The spirits tend to work in mysterious ways."

>"So you believe me or not?"
>"I'm telling you the truth and nothing but the truth."
>"Spirits?"
>"Can we resume discussing the crime case now? Lives could be on the line."
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>536765
all of the above.
>>
>>536765
>>"Spirits? I don't have time for your jokes. Can we resume discussing the crime case now? Lives could be on the line."
>>
>>536765
Spirits?Whatever, i'm telling you the truth, and i would like to know where i am.
>>
File: cookie monster waiting.gif (333KB, 520x375px) Image search: [Google]
cookie monster waiting.gif
333KB, 520x375px
I was honestly getting kind of invested in this quest
>>
File: 0da3929f6549e33fff110e146147ee.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
0da3929f6549e33fff110e146147ee.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>537266
>>536977
>>536937
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Spirits? Are you fucking kidding me?" We ask him in disbelief at what we had just heard. "Ahem, anyway. We should probably get back to the topic at hand."

"Yes, of course." The man says as he finishes writing down something into the notepad in his hands. "You said you found bloodstains on the walls, was there anything else that caught your eye?"

"Yeah, it certainly wasn't a robbery since the cash register hadn't been touched at all and everything else but the backroom was in pristine condition." We say almost immediately in response.

"Interesting..." Bao replies as as he keeps churning out text. "Anything else?"

"Besides the fact that everything else within the room where the bloodstain was located in had been smashed into oblivion?" We ask him sarcastically, receiving a questiong stare in response. "Well..."

>Show him the sword we found
>"No I'm afraid that's everything."
>"There was one more little detail that stuck out." (specify)
>Other action, specify

Last post for tonight, see ya'll again tomorrow.
>>
>>537795
>sword

It may be perfectly normal for someone in the world of Avatar to keep a sword for self-protection, especially someone like an innkeep, but it's probably worth mentioning
>>
>>537795
>>Show him the sword we found
>>
>>537961
It may be, but on Earth it's kinda weird...
>>
>>538579
And mention the tiremarks we saw, if we didn't already.almost forgot about that one.
>>
File: Of-course.gif (640KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
Of-course.gif
640KB, 500x249px
>>537961
>>538579
>>539178
>>539235

"...There was this sword I found." We say, causing Bao to visibly tense up as we reach into our jacket and retrieve the blade along with its sheath.

We slowly slide it over the table to Bao's side where he picks it up, takes it out of its sheath and examines it carefully.

"Also saw some pretty deep tiremarks that were left on the driveway, seemed like whoever was there left in a hurry." We add as Bao runs his hand over the back of the blade.

"This blade, I feel like I've seen one of these before." He says, that gets our attention.

"Oh? Do tell." We say as we lean forward curiously.

"That's it!" He says as he slaps his forehead in realization. "This is a traditional assassin blade common amongst bounty hunters in Earth Kingdom. It's just been highly stylized in the blade portion to make it distinct from regular ones."

>"So are you saying that the barmaid may have been a bounty hunter?"
>"Why would anyone go after a bounty hunter?"
>"What about those tire tracks?"
>"Judging from the info so far, what do you think happened?"
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>539247
>"So are you saying that the barmaid may have been a bounty hunter?"
Man, this is one trippy dream that we're having.
>>
>>539336
this. all of our wat. We should also be confused that he keeps mentioning 'the Earth kingdom'. Without knowing better it almost sounds like he's mocking us, like 'greetings Earth-human; take me to your leader'.
>>
>>539247
All of them, in order.
>>
File: Nowthisisaknoife.jpg (10KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
Nowthisisaknoife.jpg
10KB, 500x242px
>>539336
>>539355
"So are you saying that the barmaid I met just last night may have been a former or active bounty hunter?" We ask in disbelief and receive a nod in response. "Damn, that's pretty hard to imagine from when I first spoke to her last night."

"People can be pretty deceptive when they want to, I've learned it the hard way while working on this job." Bao says to us while he keeps looking over the blade.

"Why would anyone go after a bounty hunter though?" We ask him somewhat skeptically. "Who would be stupid enough to go after someone who gets paid to kill people for a living."

The irony of our statement is not lost to us considering what we had to do in our past life just to survive. We still remember what it felt like to stab someone in the stomach for the first time. All it took was a few strokes with a simple folding knife and our victim was on the ground, bleeding to death while we ran away with their wallet.

"Who knows? Could be anyone, they aren't exactly out to make friends in their line of work." The police lieutenant says with a shrug. "Could be a vengeful relative of one of her former victims who wants to settle a score. Could be a rival taking out competition in the case that she was still active and simply using the Inn as a cover for more shady business."

"What about those tire tracks that were on the road next to the inn?" We ask after a moment of silence between us and the man opposite of us. "Is there anything we can figure out about them?

"Besides what you mentioned earlier? Doubtful." Bao says dismissively while crossing his hands. "Its up to the boys on the field now to find out the rest."

"So, what is your current theory about the events then?" We ask him while scratching our itching head, we could really use a shower considering the fact that we probably smell like mixture of piss and booze right about now for lying on the street after passing out and not having a shower for the last two days.

"With the information you provided in your notes and what you told me so far." He begins with a sigh. "My current theory is that we are dealing with a homicide, unfortunately the body is missing so we can't confirm anything. The evidence so far seems to indicate, that someone came in while the victim was on a break and they had a fight which resulted in the broken furniture you mentioned before. At some point, one of them got hit which resulted in the blood splatter on the wall and whoever dealt the killing blow then took the body with them and drove away."

There was a long silence between both of us as we mentally digested everything we had discussed about the case so far, it felt weird for us to be involved in the case considering our background but we couldn't help it since it was our choice to get involved to begin with.

(Cont.)
>>
File: the_Avatar.png (62KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
the_Avatar.png
62KB, 333x250px
>>539862

"I'm still kind of out of the loop on the whole 'Earth Kingdom' thing though, what the hell even is it? Some country or part of this 'United Republic of Nations' that I've heard mentioned a few times?" We ask Bao out of nowhere.

The police lieutenant stops his musings for a moment and turns to look towards us in realization.

"Oh, yeah of course." He says as he rubs the back of his head. "To be honest I'm still finding the fact that you're by your own words from a place that's been never heard of let alone discovered by anyone somewhat hard to accept, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it for now."

"Now, where to begin." He says as he rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Earth Kingdom, is one of four different nations that encompass the known world. The other three being the Water Tribe, the Fire Nation and the Air Nomads."

"Only four?" We interrupt him with a chuckle. "Back where I come from we have almost two-hundred."

He looks at us annoyedly for the briefest moment before continuing.

"As I was saying, there are four nations in the world. Each of them are named after the dominant form of bending practiced among the populace and the rulers of each nation."

"Wait, bending?"

"Yes, bending as in controlling of the four elements of Earth, Fire, Air and Water." He explains to us with an eyebrow raised questioningly. "Don't you have anything like that where you come from?"

"No, that kind of supernatural stuff is reserved for the fantasy books." We respond honestly with the slightest hint of awe. "Sounds kind of cool though."

He nods slowly in understanding.

"People who are able to bend though are restricted to only one element and the subsequent sub-elements that are determined by their birth." He continues his explanation of bending to us. "Only one person is able to master all four of the main elements at any given time, they are known as the Avatar."

>"What does this 'Avatar' do then exactly? Do they have some special role?"
>"Who was the last Avatar?"
>"Just one person?"
>"What kind of sub-elements are there?"
>"Forget bending, let's talk more about the nations."
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>540117
>"What does this 'Avatar' do then exactly? Do they have some special role?"
With mastery of all four elements they sound like a natural born dictator - does this person rule over all nations, a bit like a mega UN?
>>
File: 91931948.jpg (137KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
91931948.jpg
137KB, 610x374px
>>540263
"What does this 'Avatar do then exactly?" We ask with intrigue, it would seem like a good idea to get in touch with one of these Avatars if you were after power in this place. "Seems like a lot of power being put into the hands of one person without pretty much any failchecks. I assume they have some special role in the world at large that each of them traditionally follow?"

"The Avatar's role has always been to act as a mediator between spirits and mortals, they are meant use their mastery over the elements as a way to bring peace and balance to the four nations." He explains to us, somewhat confirming our suspicions with his vagueness.

"So is the Avatar really accountable to anyone besides the so-called 'spirits' then? What's to stop an Avatar from simply going rogue then and doing whatever they damn-well please?" We ask him in bafflement, from the way we see it at moment the role of the Avatar is really just giving one person huge amounts of power and somehow expecting them to act in the best interest of everyone else.

"I've certainly never heard of a case in history where such a thing has happened." He says to us dismissively, seeming like he didn't want to believe such a thing was even a possibility. "The last Avatar, Aang who was an Airbender by birth did manage to end the hundred-year conflict that had raged between the Fire Nation and the the rest of the world and helped found the United Republic of Nations. He's been dead for a while now though, but his legacy lives on and because of the union that he helped form between the four nations the world has been largely at peace."

>"How does the Republic function exactly? Who makes the legislation?"
>"Is there an active Avatar right now?"
>"I still think that the Avatar has way too much power."
>"What time is it by the way?"
>"So what now then?"
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>542210
>"How does the Republic function exactly? Who makes the legislation?"
>"Is there an active Avatar right now?"
>"I still think that the Avatar has way too much power."
>"What time is it by the way?"
>"So what now then?"
Why not all of the above?
>>
>>542210
>>"What time is it by the way?"
>>"So what now then?"
>>
>>542210
>>542210
>So what now then?

Background info is good, but we really should be wondering how exactly being stranded in an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE will affect us. i'm surprised we've kept so calm so far, bit I guess we're used to rolling with life's punches.
>>
File: republic_city_map.jpg (126KB, 1327x602px) Image search: [Google]
republic_city_map.jpg
126KB, 1327x602px
>>542898
>>542932
>>543355
"So now that we're done with the history lessons and the case itself, what's next?" We ask Bao tiredly.

"Considering you're new and all..." He says while he gets up and gestures for us to follow, which we do. "I'd recommend a few places you can stop by at in case you're planning on staying in the city."

We follow the man out of the interrogation room and towards what looks to be the station's main office area, there we stop at one of the desks where Bao reaches into one of the drawers and takes out a rolled-up map.

"We're here." He says as he circles one of the buildings at the center of the city with his pen. "If you're looking for more complex information about the world's history or pretty much anything else you should head to the city's main library." He circles another.

"If you're planning to stay in the city for an extended period of time, I suggest you get yourself registered at the city hall and get some basic identification. It will be useful for when dealing with law enforcement like myself but also for job hunting too." He circles a building that is almost right next to our starting point.

"Speaking of jobs, there's two main places I can recommend for you off the top of my head." He says as he points towards a spot near the edge of the city. "Future Industries is the biggest employer of non-benders in the city alongside the city's docks." He continues, pointing towards another spot next to the waterfront. "Both require quite a lot of muscle work but they pay decently from what I hear so if your body is ready for that, go to either of those two." He finishes his explanation as he hands the map over to us.

>Thank him for his help and exit the building.
>Take a look at the map ourselves and look for other points of interest.
>Ask him one more thing before we go. (write-in)
>Ask him where he thinks we should go first.
>Ask if we can get our notebook back, surely they must have already made a copy of our writings by now?
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>544296
>Go get the ID and look for work.
>Sample the local alcohol.
>>
>>544296
look at map,ask about the notbeook, ask him where does he think we should go.ask him if there's anything really well paid other than those two jobs.
>>
File: City_Hall.png (208KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
City_Hall.png
208KB, 444x250px
>>544446
>>544324
Recommend some decent music to go with the thread.

We take the map and stare at it for the briefest moment before pocketing it.

"Thanks, can I get my notebook back now?" We ask him and Bao gives us a brief smile in response.

"Sure, we already made copies of all case-related notes so we don't really need it anymore. You can ask for it at the desk."

We nod to that but as we're thinking about leaving a question pops into our mind.

"Do you have a professional recommendation on where I should start?" We ask him jokingly.

He seems thoughtful for a moment.

"Depends, do you have any money on you?" He responds with a question of his own.

"A few hundred Yuans, why?" We answer, confused by what he could be possibly implying.

"In that case I'd recommend you go to the town hall first and register yourself as a citizen, it shouldn't take too long considering that the current immigration laws are pretty loose." He explains in a calm and neutral tone. "If you have that much money you can pretty easily live in hotels and inns for a few weeks without having to work at all. I'd suggest you use that time to learn as much as you can, don't take too long on the job search though so you don't end up living on the streets where I have to come pick you up." He finishes with a chuckle.

"Thanks for the advice, and well everything else pretty much." We say as we wave our goodbyes to him and turn around to leave

"Don't mention it, glad I could help a fellow man out!" He yells after us as we leave the office area and return to the lobby.

We look around for a while before spotting the front desk again and after a brief exchange with one of the personnel manning it they hand us back our notebook and we proceed to exit the building.

After walking down the front steps, we roll out the city map once more and look it over so we can plan our walking path for what will most likely be pretty much the rest of the day.

'So I just need to go down this street.' We think to ourselves as we begin trekking down the main street towards the city hall, getting spooked briefly by the whistle of a train that goes past the police station behind us.

After about a ten-minute walk we reach our destination and take a brief moment to sit still on one of the benches and look at the massive building standing in front of us with awe.

'Must have taken a while to build, even with the bullshit magical powers that these people have.' We mentally note as we eventually stand back up again and head for the building's main entrance.

(cont.)

I should probably start a new thread soon since this one already reached the bumplimit a while ago.
>>
File: 02343v.jpg (165KB, 1024x863px) Image search: [Google]
02343v.jpg
165KB, 1024x863px
>>544672
When we step inside we are greeted by a polished interior made entirely out of what we're guessing is marble, the hallways are buzzing with activity mostly from what looks to be the clerks that keep the place running as they run around with stacks of paper or other office-related stuff.

We eventually spot the reception desk which seems to be mostly empty save for a couple of people who are discussing something with the man sitting behind the desk.

We don't exactly know who we're supposed to talk to so asking around should probably help out tremendously, question is who to ask from though? Everyone seems to be busy and do we really want to bother them considering that whatever they may be doing might be important.

>Try to stop one of the clerks and ask for directions.
>Wait until the people at the front desk are finished with their business.
>Look for a building layout sign and look for the department that we think handles immigration.
>Lets go on an adventure and wander around the building, we ought to find what we're looking for at some point, right?
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>544697
if you start a new thread link it here, i have this one on bookmarks.
Politely stop one of the clerks and ask for directions towards immigration
>>
>>545007
Seconding.
>>
>>544697
front desk
>>
File: Council_page.png (117KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Council_page.png
117KB, 444x250px
>>545007
>>545030
>>545405
We figure that none of the clerks running around could be so busy that they can't spare a minute or two to give us some directions, so we decide to make our move and approach one of them

"Excuse me, I need to find the department that handles immigration." We ask loudly enough that the man can notice us. "Do you know where it is?"

"Oh um..." He fidgets around for a moment embarrassingly. "I'm actually not part of that department..."

We glare at him briefly, indicating that we're not amused by his attempts to avoid the question.

"But, I do know someone who can help you!" He says as he stops one of his colleagues and whispers something to him while we tap our foot and wait.

After a moment the second man gestures for us to follow, and we do so while leaving the first man behind to finish whatever he was doing in the first place.

"So uh, what department do you work for?" We ask, trying to strike some conversation as we're led deeper into the massive building.

"Infrastructure." The man responds monotonously. "But my department's offices are right next to immigration so I know the way."

"And would you happen to know who I should talk to in regards to registering for citizenship?" We continue our line of questioning receiving a somewhat irritated sigh from the clerk leading us.

"Sun Mani is the head of that department, ask her." He says as he points towards a door down the hallway and turns to leave.

As the clerk leaves our line of sight we are left standing in the hallway in almost complete silence before we figure that we should probably talk to this 'Sun Mani.' and see if she can help us.

>Go over to the door and knock
>Walk in without knocking, this is important.
>Call her out by name when we are next to the door and see if she'll answer
>Do we really need to go talk to a department head just to get a citizenship? Surely there's someone else we can talk to?
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>547432
knock, enter, ask for her by name and say why you are there
>>
>>547432
Oh great, now this is Kafkaesque BureaucracyQuest.

>knock,
I guess. Seems like the most normal and least autistic thing to do.
>>
File: papers.jpg (166KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
papers.jpg
166KB, 1000x944px
>>547971
>>547935
Going to sleep after this post, will start new thread tomorrow when I have the time.

We walk over to the door like we would to any other before raising our hand and lightly knocking on the frame three times consecutively.

"Come in." A feminine voice says to us from inside the room, we turn the knob and enter.

"Sun Mani?" We ask as we spot the well-dressed woman sitting behind the only desk within the room.

"Yes, that is me." She responds to us matter-of-factly as she looks us over. "Was there something you needed?"

"I was looking to register for citizenship." We explain, scratching our head briefly in thought. "Have I come to the right person?"

"You most certainly have..." She says as she gets up from her chair and gestures for us to follow.

The female department head leads us to what seems to be a room dedicated solely for archive-duty judging from the amount of cabinets and lockers held within.

"This is where we store copies of every single form our department is responsible for, this includes citizenship tests, passport and driver's license applications and so on." She explains before stopping in front of one of the rows of cabinets and opening up the first one's topmost drawer.

"How many forms do I have to fill just to get citizenship." We ask thinking hard about the bureucratic mess we might have to deal with due to having absolutely nothing stored in the local registry, not even a birth certificate.

"Oh not too many, about twelve or so at most." She says cheerfully as she hands us a stack of forms to fill along with a pen that we don't really need considering we already have our own.

>Begin filling out the forms.
>Ask if we can do this in an interview-form instead.
>Fill out the forms at a later date, we can return them at any time.
>Ask about what forms are included in the stack.
>Other action, specify.
>>
>>548388
>Offer her fifty yuans to take care of the paperwork for us. Assure her that we are busy people with important business.
>>
>>548388
ask if we can do this in an interview form instead, politely ask her for help since we have no idea where we are and may need some help.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.