[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient History Civ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: Khorsabad.jpg (181KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
Khorsabad.jpg
181KB, 800x757px
Hello and welcome to an idea of mine!

Let's try and make the wheel, tools, iron and pottery. Let us learn how to herd and grow. Let us clash spear upon spear in this ancient history civ!

First off: Shall we choose where to start?

Africa
Near/Middle East
South Asia
East Asia
South America
Classical Antiquity
>>
Africa
>>
>>521931
Meh Africa is pretty much hard Mode. Let's go with Anatolia. We hittites now.
>>
>>521922
Ooh! Ooh! East Asia for me!
>>
Classical Antiquity
>>
>>521933
Shit, I didn't think of Anatolia...I guess you could say they are part of the classical antiquity because they're a little bit of both Middle East and that general Mediterranean area
>>
>>521933
hard mode for world domination maybe, but regional significance is not unattainable if we situated near the sea trading route

>>521936
i have a suggestion though, let's go with what you write or more importantly you love and want to write
>>
>>521936
Meh it's all good, if we can't do Anatolia for whatever reason ill vote to do East Asia.
>>
>>521922
>Classical Antiquity
It should be in Crimea for no particular reason
>>
Looks like it's Classical Antiquity!

>Etruria
>Phoenicia
>Carthage
>Latium
>Athens
>Sparta
>Crete
>Argos
>>
Or other write-in based around the Mediterranean
>>
>>521957
Massalia, a Greek colony set on the southern coast of France. That should set us up for some serious action.
>>
>>521979
Though I think they had cordial relations with the gauls in the area due to trade and some intergtation with the local populace.
>>
>>521981
Pretty good idea! Just gonna wait for more!
>>
>>521979
>>521981

support for being bored and wanting this quest to start
>>
>>521982
Oh yeah and op for the love of God don't do specific research into the names of rulers and shit unless you want to go really hardcore on the history side. Just general info and distinctions of culture are more than enough.
>>
Day and night you and you're people have traveled by sea. The North Star to the right of you must mean you're headed west. Your folk are weary, hungry and some have taken ill. Many weeks you've traveled from your home of Phocaea but as you're ready to give up and head back you hear to your left some shouting "LOOK, COAST!!"
Indeed they were right. To the right of you, you see a long coastline with an inlet that must stretch out to fit your whole fleet in.

It seems however that it is not unoccupied. Standing by the river mouth you see many women and men going about their business, a few look up and point to your ships and some run back. Several minutes later you see what can only be the head of their village standing there. You see him cup his hands and call out in a strange language but his hand motions suggest you come to port.

A few months pass as you and this chieftain of a land called "Liguria" learn to communicate to each other until you are both able to speak to each other.

"You've helped our people in more ways than we can thank you." he pours you a strange red drink with a bittersweet taste to it.
"My only offer to you, is my daughters hand in marriage." as he calls over her over. A beautiful girl of 18 years old with long, tumbling curls of brown hair and green eyes with a soft demeanor approaches you and says "I would be honored if the ship-bearers chieftain would take me to be his wife." You look her over and kindly accept this gracious offer thus fusing your two tribes of Phocaea and Liguria together. To commemorate the occasion you and his people decide upon a new name for this location, one that should stand the test of time: Massalia.

What shall you focus on first?

>Diplomacy
>War
>Research
>Production
>Construction
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>521997
>>Diplomacy
>>
>>521997
>diplomacy to get those tribes on our nice side
>>
>>521998
>>522001

Your people have lived a quaint life these past months. Farming, fishing, building. The once small hamlet that stood here has grown into a flourishing village. Fish and meat stalls line the streets, many homemade crafts are for sale made of bronze. Your people are living a good life.

The other chieftain whose name is Prora comes to you and says "We have such a surplus of food, I think we may be able to turn a profit on some of these goods."

"With whom could we sell our fish and meat? The Carthaginians? They are much to far." you reply

"Well, there are two settlements to the east and west of us, Olbia and Agathe. One makes bronze tools and the other makes many goods from the large forests in their area: rope, twine, good timber for houses, we only have enough surplus to bring to one so I suggest you take your time to think on this."

>Agathe (bronze tools)
>Olbia (Forestry)
>>
>>522011
>>Agathe (bronze tools)
>>
>>522014
Supporting
>>
>>522014
>>522022
Loading up the carts with fish and meat, packed with salt, you have made the decision that those with bronze tools are of greater importance than those who use them for other purposes, cut out the middleman if you would.

Following the coastline for three days, a couple of riders ahead of you approach you and your caravan.

"We represent the Ephebe of Agde, our home of Agathe. With whom am I speaking to and what is your business here?"

"We have come bearing the bounty of the sea and land to discuss further relations and trade between our two peoples. Bring us to your chieftain so that we may find good fortune together."

Leading your people to the village along a dirt path, the two riders beckon you to a large stone building on a hill overlooking the countryside. Two statues of youthful looking men stand side by side near the entrance holding out a sword and scale made of bronze. You can only assume that this village has considerable wealth.

Roll d100 for negotiating success
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>522036
yeah, time to roll.
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>522036
>>
>>522038
>>522048
Average: 54

Residing in this hall is a man of about 40 with black, short hair but a full goatee, wearing elegantly made robes and holding a bronze spear he speaks with a clear, loud voice

"I have heard you bring us great bounty! I also hear that you are fairly new to these lands! Allow me to be the first to welcome you, I am Peleus Agathinos and I humbly invite you to sit and dine in my hall." he claps his hands together and summons servants to bring out many foreign foods the likes of which you've never seen. Small, green pods with a hard, red center called olives, strange roasted birds and other delicacies including the strange red drink called Wine.

"Now, what brings you here? Let us talk and eat." he says plucking at an olive.

"We come bearing the harvest of our people, all we may offer to you is meat and fish with salt from the sea. In exchange, we humbly request some of your tools to help our people thrive and bring more to you for trade." you say looking among the strange foods, wondering which to start with.

"Hmm..." he strokes his goatee "but as you can see, I have all the bounty of the land. I don't see how giving you prized tools for something I already have would yield benefit to me. It seems almost one-sided to my perspective."

Write-in to convince him
>>
>>522084
i cannot write well but here is the idea (considering they are of inland)

>praise their local harvest
>but scorn on their meals
>proceeds to cook or add in salt which should increase the tastiness
>>
>>522084
People not only trade in goods but in services too. We are more experienced in seafaring, so we can sell their wares across the sea with a reasonable commission of course.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>522084
Explain to him the concept of opportunity cost and comparative advantage (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advantage).

>"The labor you use to harvest food are better spent making bronze tools, which you alone can make, if you specialize you will see an increase in the yield of bronze tools and ultimately in the productivity of your people"
>"I have the comparative advantage in harvesting food, and can provide food for your people at an ultimately lower cost; both of our people will benefit from this trade and increase our consumption of both food and bronze tools."
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>524580
This
>>
>>524580
>>522142
>>522119
I will be back a little later. 10 AM EST
>>
>>525655

yeah 10 more minutes
>>
I'm back now!

Explaining to him how both his and your people can excel together by specializing in their respective fields, both bronze tools and food production, you also explain the fact that your people are also a sea-faring people and have done so for many generations.

Thoroughly convinced of your plan, he immediately orders a good portion of laborers to begin production of bronze tools by the dozens. Artisans are to take on apprentices and weaponry will be doubled.

He holds you to your word that you will give great bounty when you can.

You have gained a trade partner in Agathe. Bronze tools for food

What shall you focus on next?

>Diplomacy
>Production
>Technology
>Construction
>Army
>Navy
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>526207
>>Production

use these bronze for agriculture
>>
>>526207
Navy
Those weapons aren't gonna sell themselves
>>
>>526207
>Production
>>
As thriving as your village is, you still need to find good timber supplies, stone for foundations and you have too few fishing boats to call yourself a maritime producer.

With the new sets of bronze tools however, you should see increases in both wood and stone. Fishing spears are fastened with bronze tips which are easier to remove. However, all of these do rust and do eventually break.

Hoes and shovels are crafted from scraps of used bronze for farming. All in all your people reap benefits, but soon the tools DO break and you now can only hone in on one raw material in the winter as the farms are no longer making rye or wheat.

Wood
Stone
Fish
>>
>>526264
Wood

For general tools/material and more importantly as fuels. For food, we still can go to fish at winter
>>
>>526279
Seconding this
>>
Rye and wheat? Do we have those yet? Also we're an island. We're better off making luxury goods like wine than using up all our arable land on a little bit of wheat. We can still trade salt and fish to the bronze people. We need some land inland for goods like wheat.
>>
>>526473
Wine, olives, and figs. All of those are available from the home country. Speaking of, we should check in at some point. Maybe they'll send supplies if they see how well we're representing the motherland
>>
>>526473
We're an island? Didn't get that impression, we carted our way to Agathe
>>
Let's see if we can focus on making fishing nets, to get larger catches and use the sea as a harvesting field. Also, definetively wood before stone.
>>
>>526595
My bad. Thought we went to that island off France at the beginning of the thread for some reason. Still, luxury goods aren't a bad idea.
>>
>>526279
This
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.