[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aboard the Castle of Lions: A Voltron CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1471579102117.png (106KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
1471579102117.png
106KB, 540x764px
Greetings, paladins! This is the start of what will hopefully be a long and entertaining quest based on Voltron: Legendary Defender. In this CYOA, you will all be fulfilling the role of an as-of-yet unnamed character, who will hopefully be able to offer his services to the paladins of Voltron.

Here's how the quest will work. I will make a greentext post, and the end of each post will prompt you on how to choose where the story will go next. If a post ends in a character asking you a question, that's your cue to respond with a written answer. If a post ends in a list of pre-determined responses or actions, you must choose one. Posts will be chosen based on dubs, popular vote, and my own discretion. If there a dispute about a choice made, I can redo, but keep in mind, I'm not going to go back simply because you don't approve of where the story is headed. It's impossible to please everyone.

With that said, let us begin this journey!
>>
>>519438
>"let us begin thsi journey!"

1 hour and 20 minutes ago. OP?
>>
>You had been waiting on the bridge for nearly half an hour, after being told to wait for someone to come get you
>A part of you wanted to leave the bridge and go find someone, but the imposing demeanor of the princess compelled you to obey
>Curious, you moved from the spot you'd been standing in against the wall and cautiously approach the controls at the center
>There was no wheel or panel, only two shimmering orbs suspended by rods
>You risked letting your hand touch one
>It glowed faintly, and gave of a soft hum
>Gasping, you quickly retracted your hand, hoping you didn't disturb anything
>The glow and humming eventually died down, and just in time too
>Princess Allura and her trusted adviser, Coran, had just entered and were now approaching you
>You turned to face them, swallowing hard and tensing up, your hands balling into fists
>"Right," said the princess, her voice carrying around the room. "I've put some thought into this. I'm not quite sure your services will be required. What was it you said you did again?"
>"M-Mechanical maintenance," you stammered
>She nodded. "I see, but Altean tech is quite advanced. I doubt you'll be able to learn it very quickly."
>"I can certainly try!" you offered, hoping to change her mind.
>Her eyes narrowed on you. "I...might consider it. We can keep you on board for a trial period and see how things go, Mr....I'm sorry, what did you say your name was again?"
>>
>>519778
"R-Ricardo Arjona, my lady!"
>>
>>519798
Supporting.
>>
>>519798

>Allura raises an eyebrow at you. "Okay, Mr. Arjona, we can start by putting you to work in the panel room. Coran can start you off, but once you've got the basics down, we're not going to give you any more help, understand?"
>You nodded. "Yes m'am!"
>She seemed pleased at being called 'm'am'. At least, she responded more positvely to it than 'my lady'. "Well, then, Coran, if you don't mind..."
>Coran stepped away from the princess. "Follow me!" he said in a chipper voice, leading you past the controls and out of the bridge.

>"So you see," he went on explaining, "in order for the shields to work, the crystals have to stay in perfect alignment. We may even have to replace them from time to time, but don't worry, a quick visit to a local Balmera should give us everything we need."
>You had been listening to all of his explanations as you sat in the panel room, trying to commit all of it to memory
>You still had questions, but, not wanting to risk looking foolish, you held your tongue
>"Well, I think that just about wraps up the lesson. I'll leave you to your work young man." With that, he slipped out of the small room, leaving you in silence
>You turned back to the exposed panels, and the maze-like crystal structures that ran through them
>...You honestly had no idea what to do first. Should you...

*Tinker with the panels to try and figure it out yourself
*Leave and go ask for help from Coran
*Try to find something else in the ship that might need fixing
>>
>>519837
>Tinker with the panels to try and figure it out yourself
What a nice day to fuck up.
>>
>>519837
>Try to find something else in the ship that might need fixing
I wonder who I might run into on this castle ship.
>>
>>519837
>Try to find something else to fix

Maybe we can find someone to manipulate.
>>
>>519855
>>519857

>You decided it would be best to find something else to do
>You put the panels back on before heading out, searching for the next task
>After turning the corridor, you paused
>Only now did you realize you had no idea how to navigate the castle
>You took a deep breath. Maybe you'll just bump into your first problem?
>Reassured, you resumed walking, checking for panels on the walls, hatches, anything that would indicate work for you
>Suddenly, you heard footsteps around the next corner. You were aware of the paladins of Voltron, of course, but had never actually met any of them
>You had expected a tall, broad-shouldered man to round the corner. Instead, it was a young boy wearing glasses, fiddling with some kind of device
>His eyes glanced up, and he did a double take, jumping back
>"WAH! W-Who are you?!" he demanded, assuming a defensive pose
>You tried to make yourself as non-threatening as possible. "I'm the maintenance guy!" you said, forcing an awkward smile
>"The...maintenance guy? I thought that was Coran's job?" His eyes widened, and he jumped back. "You're some kind of spy, aren't you? A shape-shifting Galra spy!"

*"So what if I am?"
*"What's a Galra?"
*"Relax, the princess knows me!"

(I'm aware that Pidge is a girl, but Ricardo doesn't, hence the male pronouns.)
>>
>>519901
>"*"So what if I am, you ding-donging-dugging asshat?"
>>
>>519907

>"S-So what if I am?" you replied
>The kid only laughed. "I'm kidding! Galra can't shapeshift. At least, I'm pretty sure they can't...anyway, who are you? Did Allura really hire you to work on the ship?"
>You relaxed a little, still confused. "Um, my name is Ricardo, and yes, I guess I'm just helping Coran out. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where I might find work to do, would you?"
>He shrugged. "The training deck is still malfunctioning after the last incident. None of us can really use it. Well, except for Keith, but he's the only one dumb enough to fight a malfunctioning robot."
>You had several questions about this, but kept them to yourself. The only question you asked was
>"Um, which way is the training deck?"
>The boy pointed behind him. "Take a left at the end of the hall. Big white doors with a red light over them. Can't miss it." He kept walking past you, fiddling with his device again.
>You sighed. Should you...

*Go to the training deck
*Keep looking for work elsewhere
*Go back and talk to the boy
>>
I hate to pause after we only just started, but I can barely stay awake. Hopefully we'll get much further tomorrow.
>>
>>519946
>*Go back and talk to the boy
Pester him about his pet robot.
>>
>>519946
>Go back and talk to the boy
>>
>>519946
We should go to the training deck, as neat as character interaction is we have a job to do
>>
>>519946
>Go to the training deck.
>>
>>520002

(Very sensible)

>Following his directions, you turned the corner and soon found yourself in front of the large double doors
>They opened as soon as you approached, and you went inside. The training room was a lot bigger than you were expecting, with a high ceiling, a viewing room to the far right, and various sections of the floor partitioned by blue lines.
>At first, there didn't even seem to be any hatches or places to work, until you found a hatch which was already opened
>Inspecting it, it didn't look much different from the other panels, except for the fact that several crystal structures had stopped glowing
>You looked it over carefully. Maybe they stopped receiving any energy?
>Rotating two smooth dials beneath them, you hoped you could manually redirect the flow
>As expected, the structures came on, and you noticed the blue lines that sectioned off the floor had started glowing as well
>You weren't sure, but you figured this meant the problem had been solved. That was easy!
>You were on your way back out of the training room when you heard a loud yell in the distance
>You slipped out of the training room quickly and tried to locate the source of the sound, hearing it again from down the hall
>Turning your head carefully, you saw a young man wearing nothing but a towel around his waist, running past your sight for a brief moment.
>"Coran!" he yelled. "What did you do to the water?!"
>Quietly, you listened for Coran's voice. Sure enough, there was a reply.
>"Lance, what are you talking about, and put some clothes on!"
>"The water! I was taking a shower and suddenly it turned scalding hot! You almost burned my skin off!"
>"I did no such thing!" barked Coran. "I've been minding my own business, adjusting the power grid to the ship's thrusters. If we can minimize excessive power flow, we can reduce takeoff time by two whole seconds!"
>Peeking around the corner, you could see the young man, Lance, narrow his eyes. "So you WERE messing with the ship! How is this not your fault?"
>Realizing you were likely to blame for this, you had a choice

*Come forth and inform them that it was your fault
*Go back to look for something else to fix
>>
>>520268
>>520268
Hey, we were just trying to fix the training room once we were informed of the issue, but if this was possible, we really should talk to Coran (Fuck I can't spell when I'm fresh out of bed)- it's not that we can't fix it, we're just unfamiliar with Altean architecture and why their power systems would be configured in such a way outside the main control room.

>Come forth and inform them that it was your fault
>>
>>520268
OP, write in present tense.

>Come forth and inform them that it was your fault
>>
>>520268
fess up, and then offer to wash Lance's back for him ayy lmao
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.