[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conquistador Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 4

File: CONQUISTADOR_QUEST.jpg (104KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
CONQUISTADOR_QUEST.jpg
104KB, 500x659px
It is the year 1504 AD, and the New World has been discovered and is ripe for pillaging and conquest an- I mean, colonization and civilization. However, your mother country has tasked you with bringing civilization to the savages of the New World… And you happen to be a conquistador, an explorer, or just one unlucky sod planning to get plenty of disease!

But first, let's get some rules sorted out, shall we?

Dice Rolling.

Unlike my other quests, Conquistador Quest allows for only one dice roll on VERY HARD checks, two dice rolls on HARD checks, and three dice rolls on normal checks. Critical are not prioritized except on HARD and normal checks.

Combat

Combat unlike my other quests is decided by a rock-paper-scissors formula. Basically, Defense beats Attacks, Attacks beat Special Attacks, and Special Attacks beat Defense. It however is not complete guessing, as I will provide narrative hints, which can vague from very fucking vague to quite explicit.

But enough of all that, let's get right into the character generation.

>I’m German, of course, and I’m known to be a warrior and disciplined.
>I hail from Spain, and I’m known for being both religious and determined to spread the glory of Spain.
>I’m Italian, making me a brilliant lover, and a good fencer to boot! Oh, and religious. Sometimes.
>I’m Scottish, and don’t you forget it! I’ll kick any and all British arse damn it!
>I’m French, monsieur… For the King and Francia!
>I’m Irish, Catholic, and servin’ heaven the best I can, eh?
>I’m British, I’ll have you know. And a gentleman. And charming, of course.
>I’m Turkish, and Allah preserve me, that this New World you speak of isn’t full of infidels. Actually, is it? I’d like to wet my scimitar a little.
>I’m Greek, not fucking Turkish damn it!
>Swedish, and I’ll be damned if I don’t make my country great, damn it!
>Dutch, and I’m ready to make a quick buck off this New World… At any cost.
>I'm Portuguese, as in trading and get bitches with Spain, Portugal.

Sex

>Male.
>Female.
>>
>>514045
>I'm Scottish
>Male
Let's drink and get into unnecessary fights!
>>
>>514045
>I’m Turkish, and Allah preserve me, that this New World you speak of isn’t full of infidels. Actually, is it? I’d like to wet my scimitar a little.
>Male
Sounds like fun being Muslim.
Side Note: In regards to the checks are you saying you'll only count the first 2 rolls on Hard or are you saying we'll be rolling a 2dwhatever instead of a 3dwhatever?
>>
>>514061
I'll count only the first two rolls on hard, period.
>>
>>514062
Thanks for clarification
>>
Waiting fifteen more minutes anons.
>>
>>514045
>>I'm Scottish
>>Male

Can we be nice instead of dicks like the fucking spaniards?
>>
>I’m Greek, not fucking Turkish damn it!

It is now Ottoman Empire right? and Greece is under their control. We would be a terrorist to find money to aid the independence
>>
>>514045
>>
>>514076
Sure, anon!

Scottish master race confirmed, along with Male.

You were raised in Scotland, around Edinburgh. You were the traditonal Scot, you have a fear of God, hatred of the British, and a thick accent that only you and other Scots can understand, along with being rather nationalistic.

You were born into the life of a tenent farmer, until you reached the age ready to begin an apprenticeship, and your liege lord had decided that you were bright enough that you might make a good retinue... So he gave you enough money to get a basic education.

Choices.

>I took the money and went to one of them military academies in Prussia. Never really learned how to count coin, read comprehensive texts or Latin, and I have no fucking idea how the hell someone's supposed to make a living by giving money to people. (You gain Tactical Knowledge, which helps you greatly in battles and planning, but you can barely read and barely know how money works.)
>I went to my lord's steward and learned the tools of the trade, how the hell a sheep can fetch a profit in fuckin' Wales, those sheepshaggers... But I'm a bit lacking on the theology front and don't know a damned thing about tactics. (Gain Trading Knowledge, which helps with trading, building and negotiations. Poor at Tactics and Theology.)
>That's easy, I went to a monastery for a bit as a monk, tryin' to serve the Lord. Of course, I got a rather general education in everything worldly, but I tend to abhor coin. (Generalized Education, but poor Trading.)
>I gave the money to me family. They needed it more then I did. (No Education, unable to read and write)
>>
>>514105
>>I gave the money to me family. They needed it more then I did. (No Education, unable to read and write)
>>
>>514076
alright bois are we going to keep the glory of the aztec empire? or the incans?(who btw didn't fucking kill thousands of people in ritual sacrifices in 1 day)
>>
>>514105
>That's simple I went to the monastery.

Literacy is useful.
>>
>>514105
>I went to my lord's steward and learned the tools of the trade, how the hell a sheep can fetch a profit in fuckin' Wales, those sheepshaggers... But I'm a bit lacking on the theology front and don't know a damned thing about tactics. (Gain Trading Knowledge, which helps with trading, building and negotiations. Poor at Tactics and Theology.)
>>
>>514121
Changing my vote to this

I presume we can still read
>>
>>514105
>I took the money and went to one of them military academies in Prussia. Never really learned how to count coin, read comprehensive texts or Latin, and I have no fucking idea how the hell someone's supposed to make a living by giving money to people. (You gain Tactical Knowledge, which helps you greatly in battles and planning, but you can barely read and barely know how money works.)
Killing ALL the natives seems fun, we can leave the management to someone else.
>>
>>514076
I would just like to point out that the Anglos were the ones who gave infected blankets and wiped out entire tribes.

>>514105
>>
>>514105
>>514105
>That's easy, I went to a monastery for a bit as a monk, tryin' to serve the Lord. Of course, I got a rather general education in everything worldly, but I tend to abhor coin. (Generalized Education, but poor Trading.)
Deus Vult, convert or kill all heathens
>>
You learned how to read and write thanks to the lord's steward's education... But you were terrible at it, frankly. You however, also got a limited military education... Mostly in swinging a sword though. Eventually your lord realized you were a wasted investment, and got rid of you. You searched for a goal, and heard that Spain had... Found a new world to the west. You were a rather poor merchant, sailing a trading ship in the Hansa when you've heard of this. You took your ship and crew to one of the countries invested in finding this New World...

Choose your starting country!

>...I went with Britain, the buggers they might be, they still share the same island you do...
>I joined up with Spain, they seemed rather eager and desperate for explorers such as yourself.
>I signed myself up with Portugal.
>Scots and Frenchies have a history together of hating the fucking British. You went to serve with them!
>Write-in
>>
>>514076
Just pointing out that all colonizers are dicks except the frogs who actually allied themselves and joined in crazy rituals with the natives while perfidious Anglo are busy with starving out a tribe
>>
calm down or we are going to /pol/ or /int/

>>514129
>I joined up with Spain, they seemed rather eager and desperate for explorers such as yourself.
>>
>>514129

This can span from Argentina all the way to the Pacific Northwest. Although I would choose Russia but they're too busy conquering Siberia to reach America.
>>
>>514129
Aztec fuckers here we come
>>
I'm pretty sure Sweden and the Netherlands had colonial empires so those are also viable write-in options.
>>
>>514129
>I guess Spain.
>>
You took up arms with Spain, your case to the Queen and King of Spain was determined before hand by learning some minor Spanish with other traders, and you even learned a little fencing with them. Of course your case on why the Spanish should fund your expedition was...

>I would bring the word of God to their foreign shores!
>I will bring their flag to the shores and conquer it for Spain!
>Me and you will be rich together, what do you say?
>I fuckin' hate the Brits, and I want to get as far away from them as possible.
>Write-In

Basically, what exactly is your goal for going to the New World?
>>
>>514143
>>I fuckin' hate the Brits, and I want to get as far away from them as possible.
>>
>>514143
>>
>>514143
Gold, Glory and Gospel (In that order)
>>
>>514143
>I will bring their flag to the shores and conquer it for Spain!

For the riches and glory. I guess spreading faith and civilization is also sort of a reason.
>>
>>514143
>I fucking hate the Brits
>You and me can be rich together!
>>514147
>Gold and Glory
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>514143
>>I would bring the word of God to their foreign shores!
>I would bring the word of God to their foreign shores!
Fuck the British aaaarmy.
>>
>>514143
>I fuckin' hate the Brits, and I want to get as far away from them as possible.

Lets go The last Samurai on these aztecs. Ally and fight for them after a strained captivehood with them.
>>
>>514152
>Allying with human sacrifice lovers
Heathen pls
>>
>>514154
i love me some heathen virgin bitches
>>
>>514159
>They should be glad we chose heathens such as themselves.
Why our touch is a gift to them.
>>
>>514154
Don't be a pussy, its not like they're sacrifisicng nice honest Scottish lives.
Hell, we could learn from them and sacrifice some Brittanians/
>>
"I fuckin' hate the British, there's probably money in that fucking place, and none of ye' pansies seem to want to get some fucking money and some loot, and I really want to kick some British arse. So yeah. Hire me, and I promise to beat the living shit out of the British, put flags on the shore or whatever, and maybe find alcohol. So, what the fuck do you say?"

"...Erh, how the hell did you get into the court room?"

After explaining how you drunkingly came into the court room and none of the guards batted an eye, you were given a ship and told to "never fucking come back you crazy scotsman", and given a expedition fund! This plan was going great!

You bought the essentials, rations, crewmembers, armor, weapons, that sort of thing. Oh, and a caravel. So you can sail there. Maybe when you find some more loot, you can get more ships with more cannons!

Select four things you can bring. These all cost the same. You have been given an additional +1 thing thanks to your Mercantile education. You can pick one thing up to three times.

Crew: 50 Sailors, 30 Spanish Soldiers, armed with Flintlock rifles and horses.

>A cannon, with a horse! You fucking love cannons!
>Enhance the crew. +40 Sailors and +20 Soldiers.
>You want a priest to come with you to the New World.
>You want a trained military officer to come with you.
>You want personal equipment, like armor and weapons!
>You brought along trading goods, such as colored beads and blankets.
>You hired some mercenaries! (Dice roll for quality)
>You made sure to buy materials in case the ship crashes or is damaged.
>You brought along five horses, since that's all the ship can hold.
>...You got another ship. (Costs 3, and you need to hire sailors to man it)
>You bought a few flags. For false-flagging, of course.
>...You spent the money on booze and drink.
>You got yourself a translator... Hopefully he knows what he's doing. (Costs 2)
>Write-In
>>
>>514143

The Spanish are always looking to improve their economy, and we are tired of being poor.
>>
>>514169
>you want a trained military officer to come with you.
>>
>>514169
>Cannon
>Horses
>Personal eq
>Moar crew
Loot the rest from the natives, DEUS VULT
>>
>>514169
>A translator
>Trained military officer
>Trading goods.
>>
>>514169
Good for groups of natives
He has skills we don't have
More heavily armored and melee oriented soldiers would be good
>You made sure to buy materials in case the ship crashes or is damaged.
Always good to have spares
>>
>>514169

>Enhance the crew. +40 Sailors and +20 Soldiers.
>Write-In: Master Craftsman (Carpenter/shipbuilder)
>>
>>514169
>>
>>514169

The more time we spend thinking about how to fight is less time we can spend drinking.
>>You brought along trading goods, such as colored beads and blankets
What kind of merchant sails with no cargo? A poor and soon dead one.
That way we can learn hire to tell people to fuck off in their native tongue.
>>
>>514184
>not flip-up skirt and show our dick
>>
>>514184
>Not being Cortez and having a qt native wife you conquered with your civilized dick to be your translator
>>
Cannon wins, along with trained military officer, translator, and personal equipment

After a day of loading the cannon onto the caravel, you eventually head into Barcelona to get yourself some equipment.

Armor

>Just wear some of the latest fashion in Spain. You need to look good, after all. (No Armor, and you look vaguely like a noble. Besides the beard, drunkenness, and general anger.)
>All you fuckin' need is a set of bagpipes and a kilt. Might as well be traditional about it. (No Armor, and look like a Scotsman)
>Get some leather armor, no need to get fucking one-shot by an arrow. (Light Armor)
>Get the traditional Conquistador armor and cap. It looks good. (Medium Armor)
>...Fuck that, you want plate armor. Hopefully you don't fall off and drown though. (Heavy Armor)

Weapons (Select up to three)

>Just get a rapier. You have some minor training in fencing after all.
>...Claymore. Claymore always wins.
>Grab a few throwing axes.
>Eh, grab a flintlock pistol. (Counts as 0.5 of an item.)
>Grab a flintlock rifle and shot.
>Well, there was a crossbow on sale...
>The brits use Longbows. What the fuck is so special about them?
>...Halberd always wins, laddie.
>Write-In
>>
>>514196
>The latest fashion
>Halberd always win laddies.
>>
>>514192
You take the time trying to teach a tribal girl English, French, Spanish, Dutch, and other assorted languages.

The translator is one of the options we can't get once in the new world.
>>
>>514196
>Get some leather armor, no need to get fucking one-shot by an arrow. (Light Armor)

>>
>>514196
Gotta be stylish
>Eh, grab a flintlock pistol. (Counts as 0.5 of an item.)
Carry like 4 pistols
>>
>>514196
>Conquistador armor
>Claymore like a true Scotsman
>>
>>514196
>>Get some leather armor, no need to get fucking one-shot by an arrow. (Light Armor)

>>Just get a rapier. You have some minor training in fencing after all.

>>Grab a flintlock rifle and shot.

>>...Halberd always wins, laddie.
>>
>>514196
>Leather armor.
>Claymore
>2 flintlock pistols
>Rapier.
>>
>>514196

Latest fashion for meetings, leather armor for battles.

Rapier
2 flintlock pistols
flintlock rifle and shot
>>
>>514196
Its hot as fuck over there.
>Grab a flintlock rifle and shot.
>Well, there was a crossbow on sale...
We know how to use rapier and no tribal is using full plate. Rifle because, this is my boomstick. Crossbow in case we get seperated so we can make our own ammo.
>>
>>514196
>...Claymore. Claymore always wins.

Do any of our soldiers have swords or metal armor?
>>
>>514201
Add 2 pistols and halberd to this
>>
>>514210
The soldiers do in fact have rapiers and limited conquistador armor, yes.
>>
>>514213
Okay. I was just afraid of it all being muskets and firearms. Swordsman called Rodeleros, look them up, made up a big part of earlier Spanish colonization.
>>
>>514196
>Just get a rapier
>2 flintlocks
>axes
>>
You grab leather armor, a claymore and a rapier, along with two flintlock pistols. It's decent, and will have to do.

Now, with that your ready to head off... Shit, you must be drunk as fuck. What the hell is your name anyways?

>Captain Morgan, of course!
>It was Captain Fionn, right?
>Captain Rob, damn it.
>It was Captain Fionnlagh.
>Write-In
>>
>>514223
Captain Macbeth
>>
>>514223
>Captain Murica
>>
>>514223
Farage
>>
>>514223
>Captian Jack Sparrow, at your service
>>
>>514223
>Captain Cinead
>>
>>514225
Supporting for foreshadowing.
>>
>>514226
Supporting cause
>Murica
>>
>>514225
This
>>
>>514226
Supporting
>>
>>514226
You know what switching to this
>>
>>514237
Oh shit I meant
>>514225
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1 is Macbeth
2 is Murica
>>
>>514243
Now we're destined to die for stupid reasons.
>>
Your name is Captain Macbeth, though your nickname while sailing was "Captain Murica". You always took it as an insult though, those fucking Brits...

With that, your ship (which you have nicknamed Bessie), leaves port while you down some whiskey. You of course, sit down, and relax. Life's brought you far in the thirty years you've been alive, and you begin drinking. Then, your "first mate" approaches you. You already dislike him, damn it.

"Sir?"

"WHAT? I'm trying to get drunk here!"

"Erh... You're the captain. Your not supposed to drink while sailing the shi-"

"You don't tell me how to do me, now do you?"

"...What?"

"...Fuck... I missed that one up."

"Captain, we need a heading."

Actions.

>Shut up and get me more whiskey! I'll decide how we'll get there.
>...Who the hell are you again?
>...We'll go northward?
>North-west, where Columbus ate natives or something. Or was it the other way around? Who was Columbus again?
>Westward, you like the heat, why not?
>Write-In
>>
>>514245
It was mostly lady Macbeths fault for his decline.
>>
>>514248
>>
>>514248
Aztecs prepare to get btfo, also
>Bring more whiskey ye cunt
>>
>>514248
What specific part of the Americas does every want to visit?
>>
>>514248
>...We'll go northward?
>>
>>514248
> westward
And don't bother me over such trivial shit
>>
File: soldiers.jpg (194KB, 1054x758px) Image search: [Google]
soldiers.jpg
194KB, 1054x758px
>>514248
>>Westward, you like the heat, why not?
wheres that Cortes fella, I heard he had fun over there
>>
>>514248

>...Who the hell are you again?
>>
>>514248
>Westwards
>>514250
Exactly stupid reasons
>>
>>514265
Even if we had a wife as far I know we left her back in Scotland should we should be good.
>>
"We'll go westward, to diseases and beyond!"

"...Westward?"

"Aye, now stop bothering me damn it!"

"Sir, yo-"

"I don't care, you horse-fucking spanish bastard."

"...Sir, I think the most logical thing is to land in Santo Dominigo to replenish supplies, then scout the lands nearby. It's to the north-west though, in the Caribbean."

Actions

>Fuck off, we're going straight westward!
>...Right, where's Santo Domingo then?
>Shut up before I throw you overboard for mutiny. Or something.
>Write-In
>>
>>514267
>Right, set sail for Santo Domingo then.
>>
>>514270
>Fuck off, we're going straight westward!
>>
>>514270
>>
>>514273
Supporting. Where is it? You don't fucking know? Why am I paying you.
>>
>>514270
>Bring more whiskey stupid cunt
>>
File: troops.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
troops.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>514270
>>Fuck off, we're going straight westward!
gotta get there before the rest of the people
>>
"Right... Well, set a heading towards the Santo Domingo or whatever. Where is it again?"

"The Carribeans, s-"

"Why am I paying you if you don't fucking know where it is?"

"I just to-"

"Shut up and get me more whiskey!"

The first mate walks off...

Roll me a 1d20 for the first portion of your journey to the New World. I will only accept the first roll.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>514281
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>514281
>>
>>514284
If we roll like this we might be competent by the end of the story.
>>

Great Success!

The first portion of the journey is great! You pass the Canaries, and head into the open sea. After a few days of traveling you realize that you might need a *lot* more whiskey then what you bought.

After a few days of sailing... You see a Dutch merchant ship sailing by. They seem to be non-hostile and a few crew members on their ship seem to be waving hello. Those dutch folks are rather friendly, aren't they?

Actions.

>Continue pass them, you have more important things to do then waste time with the Dutch. (Continue the journey)
>...Fuck the Dutch, order your men to prepare for combat and lower the flag. (Fight the Merchant Ship)
>Maybe you should wave back at them? (Do nothing but be friendly)
>Write-In
>>
>>514303
>Continue pass them, you have more important things to do then waste time with the Dutch. (Continue the journey)
>>
>>514303
>...Fuck the Dutch, order your men to prepare for combat and lower the flag. (Fight the Merchant Ship)
>>
>>514303
If we had false flags it would be so good to just attack them. Fucking Dutchfags are almost as worse the English.
>>
>>514303
>Flip them off while sailing by
And yell swears in a rough Scottish accent while we do.
>>
>>514303
>>
>>514303
>Write-In

Come alongside and use the translator to find out what they are doing.
>>
>>514281
I'm glad we have a constant mate, if we survive this voyage he might even earn himself a clap on the back
>>
>>514317
*competent

>>514303
Have your crew moon them while sailing by
>>
File: ALTANTIC.jpg (30KB, 629x467px) Image search: [Google]
ALTANTIC.jpg
30KB, 629x467px
The brown trail is Macbeth's journey, and the red dot is Santo Domingo.

You continue pass them, flipping them off and yelling at them. A few of your more rowdy men join you, but your first mate protests.

"Sir, tha-"

"Oh great, nancy-boy here has a problem."

"Well, the Dutch ship still has cannons. And I don't think our job is to insult other nations.

"Shut up damn it, your a fucking buzzkill."

You continue on, and roll me a 1d20 for the next portion of your trip. First roll is accepted only.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>514329
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>514329
nat 1 here I come
>>
>>514330
GG we ded.
>>
>>514330
yeah, Macbeth time.
>>
>>514330
Brace for impact, the Dutch are opening fire!
>>

Amazing Failure!

One night, while sailing the ship you fall asleep while steering it. The ship is plunged right into a storm, and you see in the distance a fucking tornado... In the water? What the fuck is that?

"Sir!"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SWIRLY THING SUCKING UP THE WATER NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM US!"

"That's a watersprout!"

"Aw shit!"

You've been caught in a devestating storm!

Actions.

>Loosen the load! Throw off some supplies! (Reduces difficulty)
>Man the lifeboats! Every man for himself!
>Maybe you can let the storm speed you up? (VERY HARD)
>Try to get the fuck out of this storm! (Hard)
>Write-In
>>
>>514342
>Maybe the storm can speed us up.

Go fast.
>>
>>514345
Supporting. Fuck it, we gotta go fast.
>>
>>514342
>>Try to get the fuck out of this storm! (Hard)
>>
>>514342
>Try to get the fuck out of this storm! (Hard)
I don't want to fucking die.
>>
>>514342
> throw the rum overboard
> go baby go
>>
>>514342

>Maybe you can let the storm speed you up? (VERY HARD)
>>
Roll me a 1d20, only one roll will be accepted.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>514352
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>514352
>>

Failure!

You fail to be sped up by the storm, and are instead knocked off course! You have no fucking idea where your headed, and your ship has sustained minor damage along with losing three soldiers. Your sails are damaged.

Actions.

>...Try to head back East.
>Fuck, just continue heading West towards Santo Domingo.
>Head a new direction? (Specify)

Either way, roll me a 1d20 and only first roll is accepted.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>514360
>>Fuck, just continue heading West towards Santo Domingo.
>>
>>514362
I'm sorry
>>
You continue heading westward.

You feel as if your half-way done with this fucking journey, though you have NO IDEA where the fuck your headed besides Santo Domingo, and vaguely westward. Your men grow increasingly disillusioned with your journey, but eventually you come across some signs of life... Which is a ship lacking a flag, headed straight towards you? You identify the ship as a caravel.

Actions.

>...Get the cannons out, it seems these buggers want a fight!
>Just continue sailing. Maybe it might go away?
>Try to hail it.
>Write-In
>>
>>514376
>...Get the cannons out

Let's fuck'em up!
>>
>>514376

Get cannons out
>>
>>514376
>>...Get the cannons out, it seems these buggers want a fight!
what kinda ship are we on?
>>
>>514376
> cannon fight
>>
>>514376
>>514387
Supporting. We also are in an caravel.
>>
"Get the cannons out, let's fuck em' up boys!"

You have eight cannons on each side, and the enemy seems to have nine on each side.

Actions

>...RAM THEM! Oh, and board.
>Give them a broadside!
>Attempt to flee!
>Try to flank their ship or get on a side without cannons!
>Write-In
>>
>>514393
>RAM THEM! Oh and board.

Let's kill them all.
>>
>>514393

>Give them a broadside!

then

>Try to flank their ship or get on a side without cannons!
>>
>>514393
>tfw when didn't notice this was up
Still tho, looks like anons have been doing quite well
>>
Going to wait five more minutes
>>
>>514402
>An incompetent drunken Scotsman that's lost at sea

Yep doing great.
>>
>>514410
>Implying getting lost wasn't part of the plan.
Macbeth's a big scotsman, for you :^)
>>
>>514394
This
>>
Roll me a 1d20 to ram and board.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>514421
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>514421
>>
>>514423
Well we just rammed head on with a ship not designed for ramming and rolled a 7.

Everyone abandon ship, we just snapped the spine, gg.

(Can we stop picking the retarded options? Nobody is rolling well to be worth it)
>>
>>514432
Fair enough, sorry
>>
Since this isn't a hard or very hard roll, it's just a normal check so it's three dices.
>>
Welp, were fucked
>>
Someone else roll
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>514421
>>

Borderline Success!

You ram the ship right into it's mast, which disables their mast but not yours. Your men are ready to board, and you hear yells in English from the unmarked ship's side. A few musket shots ring out.

Actions.

>Let your men lead the charge, you were never really trained in battle anyways!
>FREEDOM! CHARGE!
>Before you do that, you have a brilliant idea...
>No need for charging, just let your men shoot at their men!
>Write-In
>>
>>514451

>>
>>514451
We can fire on the enemy from our ship before following
>>
>>514451
>Let them charge.
>>
You let your men lead the charge while you fire a few shots with your pistols and reload them slowly... It seems like it's a sort of a standstill, and a few of the enemy men swing over to your ship. It seems their ship is a pirate ship, since their men lack uniforms... One pirate draws a rapier and lunges at you, before you duck to side. He seems to draw a pistol from his shirt quickly while keeping eye contact with you.

Actions.

>Defend, damn it!
>Attack, attack!
>Bust out your best moves!
>>
>>514460
>Attack

It's not like we can block it.
>>
>>514460

Attack

blast that fool
>>
>>514460
>Attack, attack!

They made a mistake with they fucked with a Scotsman and his Booze time
>>
Attack was correct!

You draw your rapier and stab towards his chest, which makes him drop the pistol in his panic and you nail him right in his chest digging your blade deep, and you draw it out of him. He staggers for a little bit and falls to the ground, dead. A second pirate charges towards you, yelling a battle cry.

Actions.

>Prepare to defend again!
>See if you can go for one of your pistols! (Dice Roll)
>Attack him!
>Special attack!
>>
>>514451
>FREEDOM! CHARGE!
WE AREN'T PANSIES GET ON THE FRONT LINE!
>>
>>514460
Kick him in the jewels then throw him overboard
>>
>>514479
>>Special attack!
stab and shoot him with the first pirate's gun
>>
>>514479

Special scot attack
>>
>>514479
>Prepare to defend

He's obviously attacking.
>>
>>514479
>Prepare to defend again!
>>
>>514479
> defend
Charging isn't a special attack, right?
>>
>>514487
Supporting.
>>
Defend was correct!

You block with your rapier, and the two of you are at a impasse. You spit in his mouth though, that's always a win. However, you push him off of you and he falls towards the ground, allowing you to finish him off, but he throws his blade away, surrendering.

Actions.

>Eh, you'll hang him anyways. He's a pirate after all. Let him surrender.
>Go for the neck! You've had it with these motherfucking pirates on this motherfucking ship!
>Knock his ass out!
>Write-In
>>
>>514499
Hidden loot maybe
>Knock his ass out!
>>
>>514499
>Kick him in the jewels and knock him out.
>>
>>514499

Knock him out

We may be able to get some information out of him.
>>
You knock him out by kicking him in the head. With that it seems your men have dealt with the boarders on your ship, and the remaining enemy crew surrenders, along with their ship and ill-gotten gains. You have gained 1 Currency, (essentially 500 Gold Coins in things)

Actions.

>...Find their damned captain, now.
>This ship belongs to you and the Spanish Navy!
>...Just sink the ship.
>Execute the pirates.
>Press-gang the pirates!
>Write-In
>>
>>514499
>Knock his ass out!
The hidden loot is information. Finding out if there are other pirates active in the area etc.

We get to loot his corpse if we kill him, he doesn't need to live for that.
>>
>>514510
>This ship belongs to you and the Spanish navy!
>Find their captain.
Kick him in the jewels.
>>
>>514510

Find the captain

Take the ship

Execute any of the english scum that don't seem likely to have valuable information on interrogation.
>>
>>514510
>...Find their damned captain, now. And tie up the surrendered crew.
>>
You decide that this ship belongs to you and the Spanish Navy, and you decide to find the captain. After searching a bit among the captives you find the captain, which seems rather young to you.

"So, you're the captain of this ship?"

"Aye, now who the hell are you Spanish fucks doin' way out here?"

Actions.

>Beating the shit out of pirates like you.
>...What's yer' name?
>Kick him in the jewels.
>So, I assume your privateers?
>Where the fuck are we?
>...You wouldn't happen to be carrying alcohol, would you? My ship's running a bit low.
>You all put up a shitty excuse for a fight.
>Write-In
>>
>>514531
>Beating the shit out of pirates like you.
>What's yer name.
>Kick him in the jewels.
>>
>>514531
>...What's yer' name?
>Kick him in the jewels when he tries to talk. That'll teach him to mouth of to us.

(Let's rope their ship behind ours and tow it. We can fix the mast when we reach land.)
>>
>>514531

>...What's yer' name?
>So, I assume your privateers?
>>
"First of all, what's your name?"

"Who's as-" You interrupt him and kick him right in the jewels.

"Captain Macbeth. Now start talking boy."

"Name's Captain McHardas-" You knee him again.

"You don't learn well, now do you?"

"W-what the fuck do you want?"

"Your name."

"I'm Captain Blake."

"Right... So, I assume your privateers?"

"Nay, we aren't employed by any country."

Actions.

>...So, is there any other pirates in these waters?
>Well, I need men. So you and your men will be forcibly part of our forces now.
>Where the hell are we?
>Write-In
>>
>>514552
>Where the hell are we?
>So are there any other pirates in these waters?
Kick him in the jewels if he doesn't answer.
>>
>>514556

This
>>
"Where the hell are we?"

"We? Your about two weeks away from landing on the mainland."

"Really... Good. Now, are there any other pirates in these waters?"

"...I think there's some bitch with her own galleon and crew, but that's really it."

Actions.

>...A female pirate?
>How the fuck did someone like her get a galleon?
>Sounds hot, but I don't buy it.
>You and your crew are a part of MY crew now.
>What the fuck is her name then?
>Write-in
>>
>>514552
>...So, is there any other pirates in these waters. >>514556

We can't really trust him. After he talks, find his navigator and offer him his life in exchange for telling us where we are and if the captain is lying.
>>
>>514561
>Bring him out on gunpoint.
>Have him restrained
>Tell them to bring out their navigator.
>>
>>514561
>Write-in

Take all their weapons onto our ship. Lock the entire crew inside their bunks/brig and post the military officer we brought with guards. Tow their ship behind us to the mainland.
>>
>>514568

I'll vote for this if it isn't to much trouble to tow it.
>>
With that you leave, confiscating their weapons, locking their crew inside the brig and posting guards, and begin to tow to the mainland...

Roll me a 1d20 for finishing your journey to the new world.
>>
>>514561
>question why there are pirates in a place with few ships coming and going

what do they know that we dont
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>514580
>>
>>514582

I like this idea
>>
>>514592
I just thought something.

Why didn't we hire a navigator?
>>
>>514595

Not sure, we can just take the pirates now though. If he wants to live anyway
>>
The rest of your trip goes smoothly, but you have a pressing question in your mind... So you bring the pirate captain to your captain's room.

"I got a question, and if you answer I won't knee you in the balls."

"...Right. Go ahead then."

"What the fuck are you pirates doing in a place where few ships come and go?"

"...Well... Have you heard of the seven cities of gold?"

"Of course I have. You loons can't be looking for it, can you?"

"No, we're just looking for the map to it."

"...Right."

With that, you send him away, and by nightfall land is spotted, heavily forested, almost like a swamp.

Actions.

>...Land here.
>No, try to find Santo Domingo.
>Write-In
>>
>>514601
>Try for Santo Domingo.
>>
>>514601

Find Santo Domingo
>>
>>514583
Redemption!

>>514601
>>514603
Supporting the search.
>>
You continue the search southward. Roll me a 1d20, and two rolls are allowed this time.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>514609
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>514609
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>514609
Dice gods hear my plea!
>>
>>514612
(Nice save)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Since I'm torn between using the critical since it's technically prioritized, or just ignoring it, I'm going to roll if I do it or not.

1=I'm going to do it.
2=No, no ones for you.

This is a permanent roll for if criticals are prioritized on navigation checks.
>>

Good Success!

You see in the distance, Santo Domingo... Wonderful, you somehow made it without being killed thanks to your incompetence.

"Sir, it's truly a Christmas miracle. We've made it." Your fistmate says.

"Shut up, you fucking Spainard. We're here and not dead. That's as good as it's going to get for most of us."

Actions.

>Now, get me some more alcohol.
>When have you ever doubted me?
>...Who are you again?
>Kick him in the jewels for implying your incompetent.
>Write-In
Anyways anons, I'm stopping here for today, sorry.
>>
We need to ask who the first mate is, its been an option too many times.

Thanks for the quest QM, looking forward to continuing.
>>
>>514630
>Who are you again?
>Now get some more alcohol.

Celebratory booze!
Later QM may you stay safe from savages.
>>
>>514622
> first two rolls count
> third roll a one
> roll to throw rules out
This is going to be a "fun" quest!

>>514630
> get supplies
> ask around where some godless natives at
>>
>>514630
Ask his name and get more booze
>>
>>514630
>>>Now, get me some more alcohol.
>>When have you ever doubted me?
>>...Who are you again?
>>
"Who the hell are you again?"

"I'm your first mate, sir."

"...I meant your name, you Welsh sheepshagger."

"But I'm not We-"

"Shut it you, what the hell is your name?"

"It's Rodrigo, sir."

"That's a shitty name. Now get me some more alcohol so I can land this thing."

"...Sir, we're about to dock, is drinking more alcohol really wise?"

"...You're right. Sorry then lad."

"I am?"

"Yeah. Now get me some rum from the pirates. I'd rather not waste good whiskey."

He sighs, and you begin to dock the ship in a rather makeshift port. You step off of the ship along with some of your crew. The town seems to be somewhat poor and small.

Actions.

>...Maybe you should visit the local governor?
>This is easy, go down to the tavern!
>Visit the local merchants.
>Visit the shipwright. If there is any.
>Fuck this place, sail away!
>Write-In
>>
>>515729
>Visit the shipwright.
>>
>>515729
>>...Maybe you should visit the local governor?
>>Visit the local merchants.
>>Visit the shipwright. If there is any.
>>
You decide to visit the Shipwright first. The shipwright's home is rather run-down and after some debating, he lets you in.

Your current ship can hold up to about 200 crew members, and it currently houses a mere 77 crew members. 27 of these crew members are fresh Spanish Soldiers, and the other 50 are sailors. Your second ship requires 50 sailors in order for it to be sailed, and holds an additional 200.
Bessie, your ship has eight cannons on each side and the second ship has nine on each side. Your ship is lightly damaged, while the pirate ship is damaged somewhat.

In additional, you only have one currency.

Actions.

>Sell the second ship. (Gain 3 Currency)
>Repair your ship. (Cost 0.5 Currency)
>Repair the second ship. (Cost 1 Currency, and will take a week.)
>Upgrade one of your ships!
>...Can you buy a new ship?
>Leave.
>Write-in
>>
>>515816
>leave
we goin' recruit some fresh sailors
>>
>>515816
>>Repair your ship. (Cost 0.5 Currency)
>>
>>515816
>>Repair your ship. (Cost 0.5 Currency)
>>Sell the second ship. (Gain 3 Currency)
>>Upgrade one of your ships!
>Write in
Buy some sailors
>>
>>515816
>>515828
>Sell the second ship. (Gain 3 Currency)
>Repair your ship. (Cost 0.5 Currency)
Maybe get more sailors for the ships?
>>
You sell your second ship, and make sure to repair your current ship. You have 3.5 Currency remaining, and your flagship is holding 40 Pirates prisoner. In addition, you remind yourself to head down to the tavern afterwards to recruit more sailors.

Actions.

>Upgrade your flagship!
>Head to the tavern already, you need some more sailors.
>Just leave.
>Write-In
>>
>>515841
>Upgrade your flagship!
>Head to the tavern already, you need some more sailors.
>>
>>515844
this, but we could think about ransoming the pirrates
>>
>>515844
this
>>
You decide to upgrade your flagship. This port seems to have two unique upgrades to your flagship. But prices are increased due to the poor state of this settlement.

What add!

>Add more cannons to each side! (Comes in pairs of two and adds one cannon per side, and each pair costs 1.5 Currency due to prices here.)
>You want a reinforced hull! (Costs 3.5 Currency, and your hull is harder to breach)
>...You want some of those swivel guns. (Costs 2.5 Currency)
>Just leave.
>>
>>515863
>>...You want some of those swivel guns. (Costs 2.5 Currency)
>>
>>515863
>...You want some of those swivel guns. (Costs 2.5 Currency)
>>
>>515863
>You want a reinforced hull! (Costs 3.5 Currency, and your hull is harder to breach)
>>
You purchase some Swivel Guns, it will grant you an additional 2 small canons per side and if positioned right, can deal heavy damage to enemy crew.

Anyways anons, I've got to end this here due to real life issues, this will be continued roughly next weekish, probably on Monday.
>>
>>515898
QM coming back?
>>
B-bump
>>
Is OP dead?
>>
>>526167
Yes.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.