[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy Quest (Chapter 11) - A multi-generational retro dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 26

File: Legacy Quest 11.jpg (151KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy Quest 11.jpg
151KB, 600x600px
Your protagonists will die, permanently, but fear not! Before each hero embarks on their quest to free the land from evil, they marry and have children, ensuring their bloodline will not die with them, and providing the next intrepid adventurer to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors when they come of age.

Unfortunate and stupid heroes might face insta-kills, unwinnable situations, and general doom. The best and brightest will slowly progress through the dungeon, but will still likely face their inevitable death.

No one hero will beat the dungeon, only by building up a strong family of heroes, investing in your hometown/stronghold to acquire better resources, passing down knowledge, wealth, and loot.

Last time on legacy quest: >>497341
>Willow (our current hero) has just stumbled into our first boss fight, while raiding a smugglers den.
>The apparently corrupt Sergeant Enrovic has just revealed where his true loyalties lie, and dashed to the side of Fix, the greatsword wielding leader of the Sons of Stone. I bet you wish you'd cut his throat when you had the chance!
>For new players/forgetful veterans, this is all to recover some items that will grant you access to Hightown, the Administrator (who you've agreed to arrest), and the portal that leads further into the dungeon.

Now, I know this isn't peak time for /qst/, but what the hell? Adventure waits for no anon! Three bumps and we're off!
>>
File: Warehouse Showdown.jpg (491KB, 1124x990px) Image search: [Google]
Warehouse Showdown.jpg
491KB, 1124x990px
Here's our current setting!

Enrovic betrayed you! Fortunately thanks to the last roll in the previous thread , you manage to literally stab him in the back (as revenge for him metaphorically doing the same to you).

Gravewound punches clean through his armour, and he squeals with pain.

We'll roll for damage when the thread comes to life.
>>
Here's our herosheet. As a warning, I've decided that bosses need to be dangerous. As in, retro-style, I hate you OP, kill you in a couple of hits dangerous. This being our first boss, the balance could be a little off, so I'll be nice, and recommend that you start using tactics, abilities, and items.
>>
File: Basic Combat Rules.jpg (610KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Basic Combat Rules.jpg
610KB, 600x900px
Here is the long overdue combat cheat-sheet! Hope this is helpful to adventurers new and old.

Soon I'll finally create the individual character sheet, with rules for active and passive abilities, and perhaps a character avatar/paperdoll to make it look nice. Sorry it's taken so long.
>>
File: 1393309896421.gif (838KB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
1393309896421.gif
838KB, 555x312px
>>512896
Oh shit.
Hype.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>513206
Fuck my life, I'm falling asleep.
Well. Don't die, I hope.
Nighty night.
>>
>>513206
>>513350
Unfortunately, nobody seems to be about!
>>
I'll be lurking tomorrow. Hope to see everyone soon!
>>
>>514668
I'll be lurking on my phone
>>
>>514668
>>514880
Just grabbing breakfast, then I'll be ready!
>>
>>514908
Well, I should probably do the same.
Too bad I only have potatoes left.
>>
>>514911
Aww dude, that sucks. I made an abundance of pancakes. Shame this isn't a PnP session, can't have my players going hungry!
>>
>>514930
Also, who is lurking? We need three bumps!
>>
>>514930
Haha, that's okay don't worry, I just got a crazy amount of potatoes, and I need to eat them before they spoil anyway.

>captcha is pancakes
God.
>>
>>514940
Well potatoes anon is here! Two more bumps? Cmon guys?
>>
>>514942
Lurking
>>
File: Character sheet.jpg (550KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Character sheet.jpg
550KB, 900x600px
Bumping with brand new character sheet!
>>
>>514944
I love it
>>
>>514944
Missing the name and our many titles
>>
>>514948
Yup, this is more of a combat-character sheet. Name and titles still go on the Legacy Scroll though.
>>
>>514949
Alrighty then
>>
Hey
>>
Bumpers
>>
Also, throw dem knives!
>>
Alright, that's enough bumps to get going!

Roll 1d2 for damage from backstab. I'll then boost it to (1d2+1)*2.
>>
Can I roll from mobile today?
>>
>>514974
Let's hope so, dice+1d2 in the options box!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>514978
>>
>>514978
I know :^) for some reason it doesn't work on my phone anymore. I guess we're stuck till someone else rolls.
>>
>>514994
I use clover and have no clue where the options are
>>
Rolled 18, 9, 17 = 44 (3d20)

>>514993
Enrovic roars in pain as your thrust leaves him injured . He stands by the side of the shaven-headed dwarf.

"Enrovic... Who is our guest? I'm fascinated. You must explain the entire situation, after we've dealt with her." This must be Fix, the leader of the gang that the guardsmen mentioned. She raises the huge blade above her head.

Rolling for initiative: Willow, Fix, Enrovic

Rolling initiative
>>
Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d6)

>>514997
Oh just found it actually I'm blind
>>
>>514999
You guys first then. Remember, be tactical! Use items and abilities!

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Decoy - 2 AP - Willow summons a magical copy of herself which enemies perceive as completely real. It matches Willow's base stats for that level, and while it can engage in combat, it cannot inflict damage on enemies. Lasts for one room, or until slain.
>A puff of smoke - 2 AP - Enter stealth mode in plain view of enemies, in a brightly lit room, in combat, wherever.
>Cowl of Confusion - 2 AP - Causes anybody nearby to be utterly confused as to your identity, and who you are. They will fail to perceive you normally. From this state, you may attempt to suggest a false identity, which will require a roll, depending on how far fetched it is (suggesting you're a merchant would have a lower DC than convincing an enemy that you're a 100 ft tall dragon).
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?

>>515000
Good to here, but wrong dice. >>514993 got it.
>>
>>515000
I'm just on browser, gotta try clover then I guess.
>sweet trips m8.
>>
>>515002
Finish Envoric with the usual, Fix is far enough for now to not be too dangerous (or so I think).
>>
>>515002
Puff of smoke, hide and make a copy. Have it go upstairs, and hopefully they will follow it.
>>
>>515002
THROW DEM KNIVES BOI!
target enrovic.
Prepare to use puff, then decoy, then wyvern venom, then ??????, followed by sweet victory. We'll never know how a greatsword works.
>>
File: Warehouse Showdown2.jpg (490KB, 1124x990px) Image search: [Google]
Warehouse Showdown2.jpg
490KB, 1124x990px
Forgot current map!
>>
>>515009
Fuck, that changes all my "strategy'
>>
>>515009
What is the crown, the venom and why aren't we wearing the armour, too heavy?
>>
>>515012
You are wearing the armour, I just forgot to tag it as such.

Spindleking's Crown: It's a jagged collection of edges and spikes from atop the Spindleking's head. It seems to be covered in that sizzling, oily substance. It may be thrown (shuriken-like) at an enemy, or left (caltrop-like) for an enemy to step on. One use only, even if recovered, the poisonous secretion will be gone as soon as it hits an enemy.

Wyvern's venom can be applied to a weapon for a bonus on the next hit with said weapon.
>>
>>515010
>>515012
Puff of smoke, circle behind a table, murder them with throwing knives?
>>
Okay, so to help people decide:
>Charge
>Throw knives and wait
>Throw knives and run away
>Throw knives and puff of smoke
>Puff of smoke and wait to stab

Reply to this post with your vote.
>>
>>515017
I doubt we will remain hidden once we start throwing knives m80.
>>
>>515024
No but we get the innitial attack of opportunity we might need right now
>>
>>515022
>Puff of smoke and wait to stab
>>
>>515022
Puff of smoke, wait to stab
>>
>>515025
Agreed, but with my plan
>>515008
We might do this with two attacks.
>>
>>515032
Sorry dude, could you explain what your plan is? I'm being simple.
>>
>>515035
Sup, OP?

>>515032
Your plans have ???? In there which confuses the issue
>>
1st Turn of combat, throw knives at enrovic. This should kill him.
2nd turn, use decoy and puff of smoke.
3rd turn, wyvern venom plus stealth backstabbing on fix.
Apologies for any confusion, I'm just excited to be here at the right time.
>>
>>515045
The ???? was for sneaking. I just can't help but memeing;^)
>>
So to combine votes so far, you could throw three knives at Enrovic, then disappear in a puff of smoke?

Is this acceptable?
>>
>>515074
Yes
>>
>>515074
yup
>>
>>515076
>>515089
3d20 please lads!
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 17 = 30 (3d20)

>>515099
rollin
>>
>>515100
Damn, just the one hit. 1d3 for damage!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>515101
>>
>>515101
>>515102
Not a giod day for Willow :/
>>
>>515016
Uhm guys, how about throwing a crown at Fix for extra dmg?
>>
>>515103
Fuck, I don't want to die here
>>
Fix screams in frustration.

"Stick together, we'll find and kill the upworlder whore! I've got a plan."

They head towards you, and guard the end of the corridor. It will be very difficult to get past them unnoticed.

What do?

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Decoy - 2 AP - Willow summons a magical copy of herself which enemies perceive as completely real. It matches Willow's base stats for that level, and while it can engage in combat, it cannot inflict damage on enemies. Lasts for one room, or until slain.
>A puff of smoke - 2 AP - Enter stealth mode in plain view of enemies, in a brightly lit room, in combat, wherever.
>Cowl of Confusion - 2 AP - Causes anybody nearby to be utterly confused as to your identity, and who you are. They will fail to perceive you normally. From this state, you may attempt to suggest a false identity, which will require a roll, depending on how far fetched it is (suggesting you're a merchant would have a lower DC than convincing an enemy that you're a 100 ft tall dragon).
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
File: Warehouse Showdown3.jpg (488KB, 1124x990px) Image search: [Google]
Warehouse Showdown3.jpg
488KB, 1124x990px
>>515119
Oops, upload failed.
>>
>>515123
Can we like... throat slice that bastard ?
if we can't, just unleash all of our power onto her ugly fuckface. yes, that means the usual, but backstabbing style
>>
>>515123
Puff of smoke run between them.
>>
>>515127
You're already stealthed from puff of smoke.

>>515126
Attempted throat slicing is basically what the backstab mechanic represents. Instakill is only for prone enemies.
>>
>>515131
Backstab, stab, plant Crown, step away?
>>
>>515138
Stab who though?
>>
To get us moving:
>Backstab Fix
>Backstab Enrovic
>Run to other side of room
>Retreat upstairs

Please vote for one of those options, plus:
>Also lay Spindleking's Crown trap
>Don't lay Crown trap

With the exception of the recent NaP civ threads, /qst/ is crazy quiet at the moment. It's beginning to feel a bit like I'm running a PnP game with a few regulars, and occasional newcomers.
>>
>>515164
>Backstab Enrovic
>Don't lay Crown trap
>>
>>515179
At this rate I'll have to accept single votes! I'll wait a few more minutes.
>>
Hate to do this to you guys, but I had anticipated that we'd have finished the fight by now... I'm heading off to a party. You're all welcome to keep voting, and hopefully we can start up tomorrow with whatever you agree on.

See you all soon!
>>
>>515164
Make copy. Send it to fix. Enrovic will go to defend her and then we take that chance to finish him.
>>
>>515265
Well at least Willow gets to live another day.
Have fun OP.
>>
Any bold anons, ready for adventure (to stop OP's heart from breaking)?
>>
>>517893
here.....
>>
>>517903
You're a good egg. I'll wait for at least one more?
>>
>>517907
I'll be here for a while
>>
>>517929
Sweeeeet!
>>
What's the plan?

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?

You're currently stealthed, but the opponents will still get their normal turns after you've used AP. They just don't know exactly where you are.
>>
>>517933
This >>515266
Also cover one of the spindles with venom, if enough actions are available
>>
>>517936
Yes but also Block.
>>
>>517936
>>517941
You guys realise that only you will be moving on your turn?

Where do you want to summon your copy, and do you want to attack Enrovic with spindles, or move somewhere and stab/backstab him?
>>
>>517949
Yeah I assumed the backstabbing would be on our next turn
>>
>>517950
So what's your plan for just this turn? Sorry if I'm being dumb, I don't want to take the wrong action and get you killed unfairly.

Also, you don't know what abilities the enemies are going to pull, so I struggle to take more than one turn's actions at a time.
>>
>>517952
Make copy
Send it to fix
Poison a spindle or throwing knife
Enter the room again while stealthd

If not enough AP don't poison. I assume we need a good roll to pull this off.
>>
>>517949
Summon it next to fix in the square diagonally to her right.
>>
>>517954
I wouldn't enter the room we could be discovered. I would stay where we are or just move under Enrovic.
>>
>>517957
Atleast move closer to the entry of the room, I just smell traps where we are right now.
>>
>>517954
>>517957
You got enough AP to do this. Enter room (needs a d20 roll to avoid detection), or not? I'll roll if you can't agree.

Just to check, poison spindle/throwing knife, not main wep? Nearly there guys.
>>
>>517962
Yeah I want to poison with something we can leave behind on their corpse.
I'll go with the other anon and just stay close, not go inside.
>>
>>517965
This.
>>
>>517966
>>517965

Is this acceptable, or did you want to move up a square?
>>
>>517969
Double diagonal right? What do you think anon?
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>517969
I meant for the copy to enter the room
>>
>>517976
Oh good idea.
>>
>>517976
>>517979

Done. I'll take Fix and Enrovic's turn then.
>>
>>517980
Rip or glory now
>>
Rolled 13, 13 = 26 (2d20)

Fix hefts her huge blade, and swings it twice at your copy, before blocking.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

Clearly a skillful swordswoman, both arcs cut through your copy, in a disturbingly convincing manner.

Rolling for damage!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

Forgot second roll.
>>
>>517987
I hope copy has atleast the HP we do
>>
Rolled 19, 15, 2 = 36 (3d20)

>>517987
>>517986

Your copy is still standing, just about (5/14 HP).

Enrovic steps forward to join the fray. His axe swings in three fluid arcs.
>>
>>517992
Jesus christ OP
>>
Rolled 1, 3 = 4 (2d3)

>>517993
Don't say I didn't warn you! Bosses are retro-style hard. Plus you let Enrovic escape from your potential instakill.

Rolling for damage. At least Enrovic is just a mook.
>>
>>517997
I only needed the bloody doll To last 1 turn and keep their attention. ..
>>
Your illusionary copy boldly fights on, near death (1/14 HP).

Your turn again! What do?

>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>518001
Oh sweet, they are focused on it. How much AP is throw dagger?
>>
Oh, in case anyone forgot, a backstab from stealth is an insta-hit with 2x damage.
>>
>>518004
Throw dagger is 2 AP per dagger. Hope your poisoned one doesn't miss!
>>
>>518007
Can we backstab from where we are or do we need to move 1 behind him?
Do we stay stealthd if we move being him or do we have to roll? Do we get a bonus from throwing a dagger while stealthd with the others focused on the doll?
>>
>>518010
You can backstab Enrovic from where you are, stealth will then be broken. No bonuses, but you can ignore Fix's block bonus, because she's blocking with a sword, and you're using a ranged weapon.
>>
>>518013
Backstab him 3 times, throw poison dagger at Fix and block.
If he dies on the first or second stab, can we use the remaining AP to go further inside?
>>
Back stab?

Should we yell or something as we do to try to keep our copy alive?

Like "lol nice job fighting an illusion"

Then if they don't kill it get the copy to back stab too...

I am a returning player from thread 1-6 who has skimmed the other threads til now so lemme know if I don't understand combat.
>>
Backstab Enrovic
Throw knives at fix
Block
Have the copy insult her or something and attack her so she focuses on her instead of us.
>>
>>518024
The copy cannot deal damage so I rather keep willow alive.
>>
>>518024
Copy can't actually inflict damage. Good to have you back though!

>>518020
I'll let you do one attack at a time this time, seeing as the thread is so slow. No promises for allowing it in the future though.

If anybody wants to roll 1d2 for damage (which I'll turn into (1d2+1)*2? You may also roll a d20 if you want to see if you can add the bleeding bonus, but it will hit either way, and crit hits and fails are off the table.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>518029
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>518033
Good
>>
>>518037
That's a perfect time to roll a 1
>>
>>518033
In which case, no need for bleeding roll.

Enrovic falls to the floor, blood spurting from a vicious wound in his neck. One down... Fix's eyes widen, clearly confused by the addition of another version of you.

What do?

Willow - 7 AP remaining
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>518040
In case anybody was struggling to picture the current scene:
>>
>>518040
Poison time. Throw knives
>>
>>518040
> Throw 3 daggers, including poisin, and block
>Throw poison dagger and run further inside
What do you guys think?
>>
>>518046
>>518047
So we're throwing knives. Block or run? Also does further inside mean run into that same room, or run upstairs again?

Remember to save enough AP for movement to wherever you want to go, if you decide to run!
>>
>>518050
Just waiting for what the others think
>>
>>518047
> Throw 3 daggers, including poison, and block
and make her focus on the copy.
>>
>>518055
>>518051
Is this agreed then?
>>
>>518055
So we stay close. It will pay very well if by miracle the copy survives.
Seconding. I guess poison dagger goes first.
>>
3d20 please, with 10+ required to hit (10 base defence, +1 from her armour, -1 from Willow's throwing skills, sword block ignored). First d20 rolled is the poison dagger. Good luck!
>>
>>518064
I can't handle the responsibility
>>
Rolled 4, 17, 16 = 37 (3d20)

>>518064
Praise the dice gods.
>>
File: tegaki.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
16KB, 400x400px
>>518069
Good rolls, bad order. I'll be nice and let that knife be recoverable later, seeing as it didn't hit anybody. If there is a later!

Roll 2d3 for damage.
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d3)

>>518073
Thank you OP.
>>
>>518075
Don't worry man, we're getting solid hits.
>>
File: tegaki.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
21KB, 400x400px
Rolled 18, 5 = 23 (2d20)

>>518075
The first knife misses by a hair's width, but the second and third sink into Fix's chest. She hardly seems to notice the blades sticking out of her, and fights on, barely injured .

She swings twice more at your duplicate, before blocking.
>>
>>518082
>5 HP
>barely injured

We really needed that poison
>>
>>518082
In a rage, Fix slices your duplicate clean in half, and swings at the fallen figure a second time, causing a violent clang as she misses, and her blade smacks against the floor. She turns to look at you, eyes full of murder.

What do?
>>
>>518085
If it makes you feel better, she's at the upper limit of "barely". The categories are still somewhat fluid desu. I think it's only fair that you guys don't know exactly how many HP your foes have, you just have a general idea.
>>
>>518087
We can't win a fair 1v1 without lucky rolls
We can't recover the dagger while she is alive
Our last chance is the crown?
>>
>>518090
I'm not commenting on what your best option is, but I think there's more than one viable choice. Of course, no option will work if you roll a fat pile of 1s and 2s.
>>
>>518097
Oh yeah, was just a single the other guy what he thinks. Not begging for free tips

Yet
>>
>>518099
>a single
>asking

Damned phone
>>
>>518099
I'm enjoying the fact you're on 11 HP, with the knowledge that you could die in one turn's worth of combat. Makes it good and tense.

Best hope you get some phat lewt if you survive!
>>
>>518101
I guess placing the crown and running away as far as we can and blocking.
>>
>>518105
She sees us placing it and just avoids. I wonder if we can throw it? Or use as some weird melee weapon?
>>
>>518105
>>518109
I'm going to go ahead and say that seeing as you're a sneaky character who can do minor illusions at will, and she's in the middle of combat, she won't notice you dropping a small caltrop. She won't deliberately avoid the square in which you place it.
>>
>>518118
How much AP to drop?
>>
>>518118
1 AP, 2 if it requires throwing (to a non-adjacent square, or at an enemy).
>>
>>518122
1 upwards, drop between you and her, throw 2 knives, block and taunt.
>>
>>518125
Yes
>>
>>518125
Any objections? If none surface in the next minute, I'll write for this.
>>
>>518132
>>518125

You move further into the room, launch your last two knives at Fix, subtly drop the Crown, kick Enrovic's body combining a taunt with an excuse for QM to tidy up the scene and avoid everything being on top of everything else , and raise your buckler defensively.

Roll 2d20 for throwing knives. 11+ to hit.
>>
Rolled 6, 13 = 19 (2d20)

>>518138
>>
>>518139
1d3 for damage!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>518141
>>
>>518142
That poison better work or we're fucked.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>518142
One knife cuts a gash in her arm, and skitters off the wall behind her.

She charges forward, swings her sword, and raises it in a block. She falters slightly as she steps on the Spindleking's Crown !

Roll to hit Willow, need 13+. You can roll 1d3 for poison damage for this round!
>>
>>518144
And now I must leave, taking my sisters to the pool. Looking forward to read how it goes. Best of luck.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>518144
>>
>>518148
You guys are cursed.

>>518147
See ya later anon. Have a good time. >>518148
Are you happy to play on, or shall we wait for a backup anon?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>518150
Yo

Muh Willow
>>
>>518152
welcome
>>
I'm here too, at work though.
>>
>>518152
She's not dead yet Busy. You're going to get a hidden cheev at some point for being the only anon to use the twitter.

What do?

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>518155
Don't get in trouble! Glad you're lurking though.
>>
>>518156
How injured is Fix?
>>
>>518156
Yay.

Keep attacking and block?
>>518155
Also at work
>>
Am I alone again?

I try OP
>>
>>518156
Chop slash stab stab block! You can do it willow!
>>
>>518176
>>518159
Going for this option.

>>518158
She's injured .

>>518172
Not alone, reinforcements have arrived! Twitter is basically just you though. <3
>>
File: tegaki.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17KB, 400x400px
Roll 4 of your finest d20s please!
>>
Rolled 19, 3, 13, 5 = 40 (4d20)

>>518182
>>
>>518193
Can my twitter perk make a roll into a 20 >.>;
>>
>>518195
Nice try! Good karma is being saved up though. I hope you don't take Willow's death as badly as Erika's. :^)

You did get 2 hits though, one with bleeding. Roll 2d2, which I'll bump to 2*(1d2+1), +1 dmg per round for three rounds (bleeding).

Then roll 1d3 for poison damage for the round.
>>
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d2)

>>518201
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>518201
>>
Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d20)

>>518202
>>518203

Fix is bleeding heavily. Her face spasms as the spindleking venom courses through her veins, you can tell she's badly injured .

With obvious effort, she swings her sword at you twice, before raising her guard. (13+ to hit)
>>
Rolled 18, 17 = 35 (2d20)

>>518207
W-wait... These rolls were just practice rolls. I actually meant to roll THESE!

Just being salty. I'll obviously play fair and accept my dogshit rolls.
>>
>>518207
The Poison sure affected her.
>>
>>518207
You just got btfo, OP
>>
File: tegaki.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
13KB, 400x400px
>>518208
>Rolled 18, 17 = 35 (2d20)
>18, 17
>On my fake rolls

Fuck you dice gods.
>>
File: wat_16.png (8KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wat_16.png
8KB, 500x500px
>>518212
>>
>>518207
She barely manages to heft her sword, and her limp attempts to hit you could have been avoided by a drunk goblin.

Willow's turn. Sigh.
>>
>>518214
Allout attack, defend
>>
>>518216
I assume this will be the popular choice, so roll 4d20!
>>
Rolled 12, 19, 5, 18 = 54 (4d20)

>>518218
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 1 = 4 (3d2)

>>518221
Nice.
>>
>>518221
All these hits... 3d2 for damage then. Now you have 3 stacked bleeding wounds as well. Poor fix... :'(
>>
Geez we need to stock up on poison lol. The usual for the kill :^)
<spoiler>namefagging because my iP is, ah... fluid.</spoiler>
>>
>>518223
Right, roll 1d3 for poison damage, then we'll add an additional 3 from your bleeding stack, to finish off poor Fix.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>518224
Oops.
>>518223
I jumped the gun
>>
>>518226
"Square brackets" for spoiler tags Lurk . [ s p o i l e r ]

>>518229
Well then... Writing up.
>>
>>518231
oh now I get it. Maybe
>>
File: tegaki.png (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
42KB, 400x400px
Fix tries to bring her sword to bear one more time, but slumps, and has to support herself on it, near death .

You ready yourself to cut her throat, and finish the job, but suddenly:

"Wait, uplander... Please hear me out. You may take whatever it is you came for, I couldn't exactly stop you at this point... Hells, I could use one like you as an assassin, that's for sure!" she laughs and coughs up blood simultaneously.

"I have an offer for you." With some effort, she sheathes her huge sword, and holds her hands up, sturggling not to keel over.

"Take what you need, but leave me be. Let me heal, let me survive, let me continue to lead the Sons. In return, I'll arrange for trade to wherever the hell you're from. I'm sure you're aware that we have all kinds of goods! Please uplander, consider?"

>Coup de grace - End it now.
>Watch her die slowly, from the poison.
>Take her up on her offer.

Couldn't you guys have taken just ONE hit from her? Fooksake.
>>
>>518250
Take her weapons and her offer of trade
>>
>>518253
Agreed. Make sure she's unarmed then talk. Although with poison and a stack of bleeding wounds I wonder if she even could heal lol.
>>
>>518253
"My sword is an heirloom, passed down many generations of those who have led the Sons. You may remove it from me if you're worried I will attack you, but you leave the sword in the building if you want the trade deal. You don't get both."
>>
>>518263
Agree to her terms.
>>
>>518263
Agree
>>
I'm kinda worried about Dwarven gangsters knowing where our village is now that I think about it... it's not like we can tell the villagers to watch their be careful from where we are.
Ask fix if communication with the surface is possible before we tell anything.
>>
>>518263
Apart from what our dwarf friend asked let's see if we can take a couple of healing potions as well (if they have)
>>
>>518267
Trade. Safety and communication. And potions and a better buckler
>>
>>518264
>>518265
>>518267

You confiscate her weapons, and Fix shuffles over to a hidden crevice containing some sort of potion. A few swigs later, and she appears to have stabilised, although she's still in no state to fight.

You work out some rough terms for trade, ensuring that Angorvil gets something approaching fair prices, and some skilled labourers and tradesmen, not just a bunch of drug addled thugs.

Finally, Fix points you to the merchandise. You find Renvic's supplies, 12 GP, a masterwork sword hilt, a potion of antidote and two unbreakable throwing knives . Fix also explains how to use the powder (drug) you used earlier. Apparently, it fills those who use it with strength and fury, but they are rather prone to hallucinations whilst under the influence.

>Leave?
>Other?
>>
>>518275
Nothing to restore HP? Where's the nearest shop that sells that?
>>
Oh, I forgot, from Enrovic's corpse you take:

dwarven metal scraps (3), a dwarven axe, and a dwarven buckler which affords you defence against ranged weapons as well as melee.

Roll 5d2 for throwing knife retrieval. Fails on 1.
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 = 6 (5d2)

>>518278
Potions?
>>
>>518280
Nothing other than the antidote! You can buy some, or see how you go on 11/14 HP.
>>
>>518283
We're buying.
>>
>>518280
Time to go shopping for knives.
>>
Head back to Renvic's and buy supplies?
>>
>>518294
Yes please.
>>
>>518294
Let's ask her opinion on the Administrator and the guard factions.
>>
>>518294
Quick question op, will resting at Renvic's recharge our ablities?
>>
>>518307
"Where there are rules, there'll be a way to break them. They're arguing over technicalities really... There's always going to be a price to buy a guardsman. The administrator is a cunning man, and I can respect that, but even he's not my biggest fan. Fuck them all."

>>518313
I'll let you get one ability back from resting there. and no health above 50% HP. It's not magical enough for a full restore.

>>518303
You head back to Renvic's.
>>
>>518319
Throwing knives
>>
>>518319
You offer him his supplies, and he gets to work on the helmet that you're to deliver to Hightown. In the meantime, he directs you to the nearest healer:

>10GP to heal 5 HP there
>15 GP for 5 HP potion
>25 GP for 10 HP potion
>>
>>518319
Thank you sir!
I vote puff of smoke.
>>
>>518323
Buy 5HP potion.

Any chance we can ask him to repair the Damaged spindle flail?
>>
>>518335
This
>>
>>518335
Third vote.
>>
>>518335
"It's a simple repair. You can do it yourself with a wooden rod, and the damaged weapon... Although, if you gave me the flail, a wooden rod, and that masterwork sword hilt, I reckon I could do something beautiful with it... For 5 GP."
>>
Im intrigued. We've got five gp to spare, right guys?
>>
>>518344
Fuck yea. Do it!
>>
>>518344
Yes, please do.
>>
>>518352
>>518347
"It'll take a small while, and I've got to finish the Hightown order first. I'll have your weapon ready for you when you return from Hightown."

Renvic also offers to buy the axe and two shanks off of you for a total of 6 GP.
>Yep
>Nah, I'll keep them

Just to check, you're all happy with >>518323 ?
>>
>>518358
Oops, meant to link >>518335
>>
>>518358
That should do for now. Maybe do odd jobs for gold while waiting?
>>
I think we should rest up for now. Although odd jobs are cool too.
>>
>>518374
Resting doesn't recover hp, but we get an ability back, right?
>>
>>518364
>>518374
You buy the potion, and rest up at Renvic's. By the time you awaken, he's finished the order from hightown. It's a gorgeous piece, carefully inlaid with elaborate patterns of gold and silver, over a main body of some kind of dark, incredibly solid, metal.

"It's ready to deliver now, and we shouldn't keep the customer waiting too long... But if you want to sort any final things out before you leave, now would be the time."

>Buy throwing knives, 2 GP each (how many?)
>Other?
>Let's go now.
>>
>>518376
Yup, you've recovered "Puff of Smoke". No rest-scumming at Renvic's though. Well you can try, but do not expect a merciful QM.
>>
>>518383
>Let's go now.
>>
>>518383
Buy knives. How much gp left?
>>
>>518250
Hot bitches at the pool, hot rolls on this thread.
That was ridiculously easy, you have my sympathy OP.
>>
>>518401
I'm so salty that you didn't even get hit once. If I was the type of QM that was willing to cheat, I'd have fucking cheated.

I take some solace that you used up some of your best items and abilities. Find a nice grill at the pool famalam.

>>518397
26 - 10 - 5 + 6 = 17 GP assuming you were willing to sell shanks and axe.

Fair warning: Once we're all sorted and ready to head to Hightown I might call it a day. I've been QMing for a lot of hours now, plus I need to finish up the Hightown levels.
>>
>>518415
Nah I was babysitting my sisters, couldn't do a thing. But hey, they deserve to have fun.
Losing atleast 1 of the poisons was a given, if losing both means we get to live... fuck it, I'll take it.
You gave us ton of leeway though, like free backstab, single actions turn and invisible crown. Consider avoiding that next time instead of just bumping the boss up.
>>
You did fine OP. Dont be salty.

Just bad rolls.
>>
>>518415
Buy 3 knives.
>>
Let's get two knives and call it good.
and let op rest
>>
>>518432
This
>>
>>518432
>>518433
>>518437
You buy 3 knives, for 6 GP.

Willow collects up her belongings, carefully bundles up Renvic's package, and prepares to set off to Hightown.

>>518425
Free backstab was fair to you guys I think, seeing as some anon made a point of keeping an eye on him and keeping him in front of you. You still had to roll to hit, it just sucks for Enrovic that you managed it. Single action turn was a one off I think. Next time I'd roll for whether the crown was noticed. Good thoughts though.

Thanks very much for playing guys! Hope to see you all back tomorrow, when we continue (and possibly conclude) our dwarven adventure!

You've been a great crowd again. Have a good one! If anybody wants updates when the thread is up, or wants to contact me to ask any questions, you can on twitter via @LegacyQuestOP , I also tend to lurk my threads when they're not active, so questions, feedback, and general chatting is welcome.

Thanks for playing!
>>
Thanks op
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>518448
Oh, SHITTING FUCK DAMN.
I missed all of that.
Well, I'm glad we aren't dead yet.

I'll give you OP a consolation roll as your boss was pretty unlucky.
>>
>>518448
WILLOW STILL ALIVE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>520422
Willow is the new Svard II friend.
>>
>>520476
Lets retire her asap. Every female hero was shit in luck.
>>
>>520538
No way, we going all the way till she breaks.
>>
>>520590
Svard Retired. So can Willow
>>
>>520940
Svard II was the exception, not the rule! Heroes go until they die, unless OP gets sick of not being able to kill them!
>>
>>522891
The hot rolls will burn through your patience for willow op!
>>
>>522914
Quite possibly. Big dangerous critters coming up next.
>>
>>522993
Ooops wrong tag. Pls ignore.
>>
>>522993
Prepare your critters opie
>>
>>518448
Thank you for hosting, mate. Found this quest just in time to participate in Erika's demise, played Willow's first thread, and then lurked all the archived threads.
I was actually convinced you were kill, seeing there were no updates for like, more than a month.
This stuff is good fun, hope you'll keep it up for a while. Cheers again bro
>>
>>526104
Also, I still hold on to your promise that next character will be a male.
Hopefully If this dwarven business goes right, Willow's son will go about fucking up the Trickster's traps and goons looking absolutely beautiful in top-tier armor. Can't wait for that
>>
>>523963
Am doing so. OP is a dork, and forgot that I was due to attend a conference over the next few days. Will be back when I can!

>>526104
>>526115
Glad you've enjoyed it dude, I'll definitely be keeping it up for a while, I'm happy running this even on a distressingly quiet bored. As I mentioned before, it just ends up with more of a "group of friends playing PnP" feel to it I can deal with that .

Next character is definitively male, his sprite already exists. I might have to update his legs in accordance with the slightly less pathetically stick-shaped ones I gave Willow.

Pic related as an apology for the lack of new thread while I'm busy.
>>
Anyone else wanna try a bard? He or she will die but I bet we'll have fun trying.
>>
>>538346
I was thinking about this, I'd need to be creative to crate a bard class that wasn't:

A) An overpowered Mary Sue who can magic, sneak, sing, etc.
B) A character focused on buffing/debuffing songs, who might struggle as a solo adventurer.

Maybe I'll save it for a LQ: Legends thread, which probably isn't too far away! New thread by the way:
>>539352
>>539352
>>539352
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.