[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falsehood of Gerosda Quest Pt. 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 11

File: RuneShop.jpg (199KB, 1220x655px) Image search: [Google]
RuneShop.jpg
199KB, 1220x655px
Last time! In Falsehood of Gerosda you, the 15 year old Nathaniel Joesph, find yourself outside the Rune Writer's Shop in the Kingdom. You are here to catch up with Herald, one of the people you friend met when you first come to this world. You were given a feather so you may be able to meet up with him without being shooed off by the royal guard of Eldham. Being accompanied by a mage, Mavis, another friend of your's.
>>
Previous Thread:
>>485873
>>
>>512866
Enter the shop

And do it as loudly as possible.
>>
>>512972
You enter the shop, as loudly as you possibly can. There as no door, so you door kick it open. But you moved over to the counter and slam you hands onto it. That grabbed the attention of all the royal guard walking around the shop as well as the attention of the shop keeper. Who looks like she'd about to tell the royal guard to throw you out. Mavis stayed behind you and didn't say much, as if she was expecting this out of you. Or atleast for you to do something stupid.
>>
>>513092
>Ask to look at her wares.
>>
>>513123
She tells you that she isn't serving customers right now because of the King's Arrival soon with Queen Veridia. You know this already. Maybe it was time to take out the feather and show it to a royal guard. Because she seemed to be moving over to one of the various royal guard standing about. And at that, you could already hear a crowd heading this way.
>>
>>513218
>Take out feather
>Raise it in the air for all to see.
>Say"Surprisingly I'm actually important!"
>>
File: Herald.png (275KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
Herald.png
275KB, 500x664px
>>513232
You pull out the trump card, the feather from her pocket. As you did so, everyone turned their heads to you. After a moment, the feather would have faded. The shopkeeper seems a bit annoyed, but goes back to sit down at her sit at the counter. You were in the clear. Atleast, it seemed so. A royal guard would have approached you and looked to you. Before you could say something, Mavis would have said something.

>"Hello Herald!"

You'd look at Mavis for a moment then back up to the royal guard, who'd removed his helmet to reveal himself to actually be Herald! He'd looked pretty nice in the armor as well, and looks pretty happy to see you.
>>
>>513387
>Hey Herald!
>You actually look cool.
>Ask him what's on the agenda.
>>
>>513424
You find yourself greeting Herald happily and he does likewise you you. You even find yourself complimenting him as well, and he seems to be in better moods. And finally, you ask what was on the agenda.

>"What do you mean? I kinda just doing my job right now."
>>
>>513470
>Ask him what he's been up to
>Ask him to help us buy stuff from the rune shop
>Try to buy some stuff.
>>
>>513520
>"As you can see, I'm a Royal Guard now. After the Kingdom fell, I brought Mavis here and we both became guards to pay for the room in the inn. I rised the ranks pretty quickly until I became a Royal Guard."

It sounds like Herald has been up to good things. Mavis chimed in that she was Guard Captain, a rank before Royal Guard. It sounds like they've both been doing pretty well.

You ask Herald if he could help you buy something from the shop. He give you a nod of his head and brings you to the counter.

>"Excuse me, Shop keeper, My friend here would like to..."

He didn't actually know what you'd wanted. So he'd let you finish.
>>
>>513556
>Ask what kind of runes she has

Something for defence or boosting our attributes would be nice.
>>
>>513571
You'd asked what kind of runes she had. She'd give a small chuckle, as if what you said was a joke.

>"I handwrite runes myself. But I have runes that are used for Utilities as well. Such as recording stones and such. If you want something please be more specific . A lot of things can be done when it comes to rune writing."

You started to develop a dislike for this lady's attitude
>>
>>513580
Ask for runes that amplify energy magic.
Along with fire and lightning if she can do that too.
>>
>>513597
You ask the shop keeper if she has any runes that will amplify any of your magics.

>"I can write you runes that increase your magical power, yes. Do you want it as a body rune or a rune on a provided weapon?"
>>
>>513676
>Body rune.
>>
>>513709
The store keeper would have slowly got up. But that was when Johnathan landed outside the door with Queen Veridia in his arms. His wings would have disappeared when his walked inside and placed Veridia onto the ground.

>"Hello Lewis. Sir Herald. And Madame Mavis. How have you all been since you'd last see me. Ah, I'm sure you lot of been fine, but if you excuse me, I need to borrow Miss Montblanc. Veridia needs her new arm runed for better control of it."

Johnathan, Veridia, and the shopkeeper would have all went to a back room, leaving you with Herald and Mavis. Plus a bunch of other random Royal Guardsmen.
>>
>>513756
>Let's leave and search for a store with magic tomes and spells.
>>
>>513763
With the shopkeeper now occupied, you decide you didn't want to stand around and waiting for the shopkeeper to finish. So you decide to go find a shop that specialize in spells and tomes. Mavis seemed to be the only one coming along, since herald told you that he still had to finish his job, but he'd catch up with you two later. With that, you walk out with Mavis as she see a crowd heading the way of the shop. Good thing your getting out of there now. You two walk a distance before Mavis looks at you. She'd suddenly held her hand out to you.

>"Take may hand, I can make the trip across town quicker."
>>
>>513814
>Hold her hand and don't let go of it even after we arrive.
>>
>>513817
You'd grabbed Mavis' hand tight, that was when she'd pulled you in close for whatever she was planing. You felt the ground below you shaking before you found it that you were suddenly raise. The elevated piece of ground you stood on rose from the ground and started flying through the streets. The first thought that came to mind was that wasn't this dangerous. But you'd keep the thought to yourself, as the streets were apparently empty. It doesn't take you both long to reach the shop. She'd walk off the floating stone and you'd follow after because you had yet to let go of her.

>"That was fun, yeah?"
>>
>>513932
>Nod
>"You have to teach me that sometime."
>Try to lead her into the store.
>>
File: Magic Shop.jpg (346KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Shop.jpg
346KB, 1024x724px
>>513960
You nod because you weren't much for words after a ride like that. But you give yourself a moment and tell her that she'd have to teach you that, even though you didn't use earth magic.

After that, you try to lead her into the store. But you two seem to both walk at the same pace so it just looks like your holding hands and speed walking. You two walk into the store and see that it's pretty empty. The Store Keeper just seemed to be taking a nap. And Mavis quickly went to poke at a jar.
>>
>>514000
>Walk up to the storekeeper
>Lean down next to their ear.
>Yell "WAKE UP!"
>>
>>514014
You'd walk over to the store keeper, who was sleeping on the job. She was mid aged, but looked like she took good care of herself. You'd lean down next to her eyes and shout of loud as you can to wake up. She quickly hopped out of her seat and looked at you.

>"Oh, a customer...I thought everyone ran off to Linda's place to see the king..."
>>
>>514063
>Say that we had more important things to do
>Ask if she had tomes to teach magic.
>>
>>514090
You tell her, for you own important reasons, you didn't go to see Johnathan. And ask for some magic tomes.

>"What kind do you need?:
>>
>>514111
>Anything that teaches energy,fire,and lightning magic would be good.
>>
>>514124
The store keeper would have turned around and reached onto the shelf behind her at the request of the said elements. She'd pulled about 8 books and placed them on the counter. Instead of facing you for you to look at them, they were faced towards herself. She was looking down at them.

>"Three on Lightning. Three on Fire. Two on Energy. All together, 152 Gold Coins."
>>
>>514130
>Grab one of each

I presume we can afford it.
>>
>>514130
Shit, it'd be really bad form to demand the money from the queen right now for that girl that escapeds bounty/
>>
>>514142
She would have slapped your hand way.

>"The give me the payment first. And, you don't get this books. These are for display.

You'd check your pockets. You'd only have a single gold coin. You had four before but not anymore. You gave three to the bandits, and you had no idea where they were. Mavis would have walked over and put a bag of coins on the table and the shop keeper would have smiled.

Mavis would have went back to poking at jars and observing the other mysteries of the shop. The woman would have slide her hand through the air and a temporal rift would have opened. She'd moved to put the books back onto the shelf and afterwards put her entire arm into the rift.

>"Where are they..."

She'd started pulling out books, and over the time pulled the eight books that were previously on the counter and slid them to you. Then the rift would have closed.

>"There you are."

You take the books.
>>
>>514162
Hug the Mavis for being such a sweet heart.
>>
>>514162
>Hug Mavis and thank her.
>Tell Mavis to tell us when they're ready to go.
>Crack open one of the energy tomes and get to reading.
>>
>>514168
>>514174
You hug Mavis and thank her for paying for your Tomes.

>"It's no problem, Master. Really."

After you tell her that you two could leave whenever she was read, and in the mean time, you start reaching through the first tome on energy. You found yourself reading for awhile before Mavis came and told you she was ready to go. You and Mavis head out of the shop and you find yourself following after her as she waits for you to tell her where to bring you next.
>>
>>514205
>Go back to the rune store.

Maybe it's better there now?
>>
>>514214
You walk normally back to the rune shop this time. Mavis didn't seem so willing to pull that trick again as she'd notice there were people walking the streets now. By time you both reach the rune shop, you can see Johnathan flying towards his cathedral with the queen in his arms of course. The crowd around rune shop dissolving.
>>
>>514234
You know maybe enough money has been spent.
>Follow them to the cathedral.
>>
>>514242
You tell Mavis to bring you to the Cathedral next. She seemed a bit confused on why you didn't want to go inside, but is happy enough to bring you to the Cathedral. It was quite a walk but eventually you get there and enter the Cathedral. Mavis brought you to the Johnathan's throne room. And Johnathan was still trying to settle down. Until he was he didn't say the word. When he was, his eyes were set on you.

>"How'd you enjoy the trip around the Kingdom, Lewis! Pretty nice right?"
>>
>>514287
>"10/10 would sight see around the kingdom again. I even got some useful books."
>>
>>514294
He'd shine that eye blinding smile your way. He'd obviously enjoy the compliments he'd receive on his kingdom. Before he could say anything, Veridia would say something.

>"They'll go for Tark next. That kitty won't stand a chance..."

You'd looked over to Veridia. She was pacing back and forth with her arms crossed. You take notice to the new metal arm she'd have. It looked crafted expertly and the runes on it glowed green.

>"Jeanne will murder the turtle Tark rests and once the turtle is dead, the kingdom will fall out of the sky..."

She seemed to be paranoid. Too much for her own good. And Johnathan seemed to be worried about her.
>>
>>514316
Tell veridia
>"Worrying is pointless you know. If a problem is fixable then worrying constantly won't help and if you can't fix it worrying won't change anything if anything it'll make it worse."
>>
I'M BACK OP.
>Her concern is justified, Jonahthan. Is there anyway we can help?
By the way, the rune keeper will hence become the new Iras. We also need to fix things with Mavis.
>>
>>514327
>>514337
>"It's pointless but it's better than sitting around and letting Johnathan flirt with me."

Veridia would have shot a glare at Johnathan sitting at his throne. He would have simply looked off and whistled. She'd shake her head and go back to pacing.

>"I came here to calm down a tad, but I am unable to do that. Theres so much to worry of. And eventually my worrying will turn into a plan. And then it will turn into action. If only I'd gotten the chance to interrogate Jeanne. I could have figured out where they hide away."

She seemed to be avoiding glaring at you next. Instead she steadily kept up her pacing. It seemed like you were gonna get no where with her. So instead you turn to Johnathan and ask him how you could help. He tells you there is much. You could try keeping the peace around town but beyond that there isn't anything.
>>
>>514379
Ok
>Go patrolling around town

Look for problems to help with and just help keep the peace.
>>
>>514389
You give Johnathan the okay and go out on the city to do Patrol. Mavis seemed to follow after to make sure you didn't get lost or anything. You two go about solving manor problems the city had. There weren't many. The worse you've had so far was a kitten stuck in a tree. You come to realize that Eldham was a pretty peaceful place that didn't seem to need much help. But the you'd see a shady figure walking the streets. Shady people were usually up to no good, right?
>>
>>514337
Also welcome back anon, your burgundy right?
>>
>>514434
>Tail them
>>
>>514456
You chase after the shady Figure. Whoever it was, they lead you on quite the chase. But after a while, you notice you've been lead into a empty side of the city. And you notice an arrow in the wall, with a note attached to it.
>>
>>514488
>Grab that note and get to reading

Probably asking to meet us somewhere.
>>
>>514494
You take the note. The arrow would have simply faded into darkness as the note was removed. You'd ignore it for now and start reading it.

>Dear Idiot

>Give Veridia this note. There are numbers on the back. I doubt someone as idiotic as you would be able understand them.

A note from Iras, obviously. You were only left to wonder why she didn't had it over to you directly. Or Veridia herself.
>>
>>514514
>Check the numbers on the back.
>Go back to the cathedral.
>>
>>514514
Longitude, latitude?
Yes, OP, this is Your father. Turning in, take care.
>>
>>514520
>>514608
You'd looked at the back of the note and found numbers. They weren't organized as if it was simple longitude and latitude. She was right. You had no idea how to read these corridinates. She'd give Iras this victory and headed back for the cathedral. You'd lost Mavis at some point but she finds you and you ask to bring you back. Sense you only had a general sense of where you were going. It didn't take very long to get back and for you to get back to the throne room. Veridia was still pacing and it seemed like Johnathan fell asleep on his throne.
>>
>>514643
>Delivery! Highly sensitive information for Veridia!
>Then give her the note.
>>
>>514649
You run over to the queen and hand her the note. She'd looked down and read it before flipping it over and reading the numbers written on the back.

>"I suppose this is a reason why I shouldn't punish Iras the next time I see her. And why she took that weapon from the vault."

The queen would have put the note in a small bag at her side.

>"Thanks for giving me that kiddo. Now, we just-..."

She'd glared over to Johnathan, still sleeping.

>"Rest for now I suppose."
>>
>>514711
>Say we're just gonna read.
>Continue reading our energy book until we're tired.
>>
>>514721
You'd tell the queen that you were just going to read. She'd looked a tad confused before she doesn't really mind it. She'd sit in the empty throne next to Johnathan and went to sleep there. Mavis seemed to go as well. You were left alone to read. You'd sat against the wall and started to read. After some point, your vision started to go black, as if you were passing out from exhaust. It had been some time since you'd slept. Eventually your vision would have fell into a full black.
>>
>Plot-related dream
>Wake up shouting about acorn- flavored turtles
>>
>>515422
>PlotRelatedDream.exe has started running. . .

You find yourself floating in the air. It was dark and you were pretty high in the sky. You'd looked down at your hands but find that your body is invisible. You'd looked look around and see mostly clouds. Than you notice something flying through the sky. From what you could tell, it was a person with black dragon wings. You know who that was. You'd looked for the destination, and see that she was heading for Tark. Leaving a trail of black fog. Then the dream would have went black.

You would have jumped to your feet and shouted about acorn flavored turtles. You look around the room to see if you'd get a reaction out of anyway. You quickly see that Johnathan's throne room had been turned into a War Room! There was a table in the middle and you saw a few people standing around it. All of them looked pretty important. You see The Lord, Johnathan, and Veridia all at the table as well.
>>
>>515506
>Mention plot related dream to others.
>>
>>515508
You run over to the table and explain your plot related dream to the others. That when it seemed like things feel quiet. Veridia was the first was to speak up.

>"We saw this coming. We have a plan. Linda are the runes in place?"

The shopkeeper from the the Runestore would have nodded to the queen.
>>
>>515645
>Can someone provide me with context on this plan?
>>
>>516483
Fuck that was a long as nap.

Verdia seemed to speak up first. As the Lord seemed a tad bit pissed and Johnathan was flirting with the females of the room.

>"We're using Tark as bait. They think the kitty is still sitting at his throne, but that is an illusionist we placed there for the time until one of them showed up. I was expecting them to send Jeanne because she can get the job done the fastest. So we're capturing Jeanne. I've had some runes placed all around the turtle to spring energy constriction traps using my own mana."

You suddenly take notice to all the runed stones that sat on the war table. The writings on them were green. And than there was a large map of Tark, which the stones were placed on. The stones were probably placed accordingly to where they were in Tark.

>"She just has to get close enough so one will spring at her. Than one of the stone will tell us which one she was caught with. After that, Martha over there will rift her into one of the Anti Magic Cells here in Eldham. Than I take one of her arms..."

Everyone in the room would have looked at the queen.

>"I mean interrogate..."
>>
>>517395
>Mention that we'll just be on standby in case that plan fails for some inconvenient and stupid reason.
>Continue reading our energy book and read the next one if we finish it. Until plan fails/succeeds.
>>
Maybe mention to Veridia that Jeanne phased out of the last antimagic cell she was in like it was nothing
>>
>>517417
>>517497
You tell the queen that it you'll be on standby. She seemed to tilt her head for a moment, confused by what you could mean by that. But she just shrugs off the the confusion and gives you a thumbs up. You were about to go back to reading but before you do, you tell Veridia that Jeanne managed to outplay the anti magic cell with ease.

>"The Rune work on those cells was poorly executed. And from what I can tell your still regathering life energy. Meaning she devoured your life energy and used it to increase the potentcy of her own magic. You don't have to worry about it. I can reconfigure myself to give her life energy harmful to her and will degrade her magic."

You start to feel like the queen was indirectly blaming you. But you ignore the feeling for the time and go back over to the wall to continue reading. You got into a few pages before you notice a bright light go off on the war table. The queen was suddenly shrouded in a energy magic, the color green instead of the casual blue.

>"Martha! Now!"

The shopkeeper you have hesitated for a moment. Then a black energy would have covered the hand of the shop keeper for a few moments. Then it would have faded and the shopkeeper nodded to Veridia. The queen would have walked out the room. Most likely to where ever Jeanne had been trapped.
>>
>>517597
We keep getting interrupted.

>Follow ger and try to read the book while we do it.
>>
>>517615
You follow after Veridia as she went down to the dungeon under the Cathedral. She got the distance on you though. You were following a trail of energy in the air left by her. Not to mention, that you were trying to read your book at the same time. That made it pretty difficult to follow the trail. But your lucky enough to manage and soon find yourself going down a case of spiral stairs. As you decended, you notice the words in the tome were started to fade. As well, your feel in the ability to cast magic. But you find it strange that the trail the queen left is still slowing in the air for you to follow. The trail seemed to be more potent as you follow it. Was that possible? Once you reach the bottom of the stairs, two guards are quick to stop you. They tell you that Veridia has ordered no one to come down here until she is finish. And that was when you heard a scream. It was of a younger female's. Jeanne most likely. The two guards seemed to have started sweating.
>>
>>517809
>Use energy magic to try and restrict them

We can try!

>If that doesn't work just try to run past them.

We really got to get in there.
>>
>>517825
You attempt to use your energy magic, but it just fizzles making a few particles of energy rise into the air. It seemed magic wasn't an effective tool down here. So you'd have to think of a different plan. But they seemed to ready for anything else you would try to do, as they saw your failed attempt at magic. You attempt to run past them, but they use their spears to push you back.
>>
>>517846
Stubborn oafs.

>Sit right there and wait and try to cast magic by putting more and more energy and focus into it.

Maybe we can get a spell of if we focus hard enough.
>>
>>517846
>Leave and rejoin the others
>WE are b the stubborn oafs here. We can't do anything. We'd be a liability in this situation. Trust Veridia, she's powerful. And I'm interested in finding Jeanne no longer with an arm (I have nothing against her).
>>
>>518168
Rolled even, Neon Green Wins

You obviously weren't going to get past the guards. The more you stayed down here, the more you find it that your magic was degrading. And you were sure, that if you'd even gotten inside, you'd simply start putting Veridia at a disadvantage. Looking back at what happened last time, you were becoming certain of it. So all you could do was trust the queen to do what she was already doing. Plus you were alittle interested to see what Veridia would do. So you head back up and find yourself back in the war room soon enough. Everyone seemed to be relaxing at the moment.
>>
>>518298
>Ask about Jonahthans powers
>Bro-fist Herald
>Practice with our scythe. We need to get the speed down before the magic. Magic adds POWER. But POWER is nothing if we dont land a hit.
>>
>>518445
You moved over to Johnathan wondering about something. He was flirting with one of the various females walking about. When you get over to him the female would have walked off muttered. And Johnathan would have looked at you.

>"Well! Hello, Lewis! How are you today?"

You ask Johnathan about his powers, and he seems happy enough to give you an answer.

>"Well, you see Lewis, I am from a sacred bloodline. The Spire Family. Descendants of the Angel Dysnomia, before she became a Fallen Angel and went under the alias the Curse Giver. The angelic blood has been thinning for past couple of generation, but they say lucky and managed to be born half angel instead of angelic blooded. Like the first generation. Maybe even as strong as the the Angel herself some say. Being Half Angel, I'm able to form wings. Wield Divine Magic if I ever so choose. Have a natural born affinity for both holy and dark magic from birth. And so much more. I'm pretty sure that's why people call me a Seraph now that I think about it.

Johnathan would have used holy magic around his hand. It glowed bright and turned heads towards him. That was when the light disappeared. You come to realize that Johnathan was much stronger than he lead on. But you would have avoided dwelling on it for too long, as you went over to Herald and gave him a bro fist. Than you would have went off to practice with the scythe. With the goal in mind that you need to speed up when you use. You have the power behind your hits but it's pointless if you can't keep up. After some timed passed, you manage to swing a bit faster. But your magic really didn't seem to be helping in that case.
>>
>>518588
>Harass the Rune writer
>Keep practicing until we get news from Veridia
>>
>>518588
Combine all your magics into the magic sword, see if you can make a super weapon.
>>
>>518620
You take a moment out of your training to go over to the rune writer. She seemed to be writing something over on a slate of stone with a strange pen. With Iras Withdrawal Syndrome, you decide to attempt to harass the Rune Writer. She looked at you with a annoyed look on her face. And that was when she slammed the stone slate onto your chest. It seemed to glow for a brief moment before you found it that it was stuck there. You tried pulling on it prying it off but it wouldn't budge. Then you would attempt to say something to the rune writer but no words would be said. You were a tad bit confused before you realized.

>"I muted you, I'll take it off later."

She would have went back to rune writing. You'd tried to reach for her but a rune on her cheek glowed and the slate on your chest did as well. Then you found it that you couldn't even come close to the rune writer anymore. You attempt to shout in general, something idiotic, but no one seemed to notice as no sound left your mouth.

After your failure to make the Rune Writer a new Iras. You went back to training with your scythe until you'd hear something from Veridia. But you could still hear Jeanne screaming. It made you wonder what kind of interrogating the queen was doing.
>>
>>518646
You attempt to channel all of your magic into the weapon to see if you can turn it into a super weapon of some kind. But it only transform into it's shotgun like form accompanied with a blue glow now.
>>
>>518648
>Train some more with the extra weight of the stone.
>Stare intently at the time writer. Look into her eyes and bore into them. Just stand there. Staring.
>Stare until she does something
>>
>>518648
>Free rune, go find another rune writter to take it off and sell it, then buy more runes.

>>518655
oh cool, look a new weapon, curiosity definitely pays off.
>>
>>518657
>time writer
Rune writer
>>
>>518657
>new weapon
Actually this form of the weapon has already been known since >>507109 in the last thread.

>>518657
The transformation to a gun wasn't all to new to you, but the blue glow was a new thing. Usually using Fire and Lightning would trigger the transformation, but this was the first time you applied energy as well. But the shots would be stronger? You'd have to test it out later. For now you kept training with the scythe. The extra few pounds wasn't much but you didn't immediately adjust to the wait. But, it didn't take you that long either.

After adjusting to the weight of the slate, you found it that you were simply casually training. But the slate was being to get in the way. So you look at the rune writer, who seemed to be working on another rune. She didn't notice you at first, but once she did, she moved the rune she was working with aside and started writing on a new one.

That was probably a hint to get going before you get another mystery rune placed on you. You'd walk out of the Throne/War room and soon enough out of the Cathedral. You'd planned to find someone to take the rune off you and pawn it off. Outside, you were confronted by Mavis however

>"Hey Master."

At the quick sight of Mavis and a look towards the town, you realize you have no idea how to guide yourself around Eldham. Mavis has been your guide all this time. You try to tell that you need to go to a rune shop, but no sound leaves your mouth as you attempt to talk to her. You can now see why this will be difficult, didn't you.
>>
>>518824
>Time for some charades
>Hug her if she gets it
>>
>>518824
if he can read, he can wright
>>
>>519101
>>519112
Charades would probably be a best bet. Writing would have came to mind, but you didn't have any paper. Nor did you have a pen. Then there was also the fact that there would be another rune primed and ready, waiting for you once you go back inside the throne/war room. So you thought about it how you should go about playing Charades with her. You make some motions that indicate that you wanted to play, but she seemed to simply tilt her head and put her hand on her chin. She didn't recognize what you were doing and it looked like she wasn't any time soon.
>>
>>519194
Just point to the city, man. Then try speaking using simple words. I would expect a mate to know his to lip read. Lip reading is concurrent to linguistic or literary proficiency- which I expect a mage to have under the assumltion that they read. A lot.
>>
>>519215
You'd point over to the city. Mavis still seemed to be a bit confused but seemed to be slowly getting it. You give her a few moments as she looked over to the city.

>"Do you want me to bring you somewhere?"

You'd nod your head a few times but you come to know pointing just wouldn't do it. You start speaking simple words in hopes Mavis could lip read. Lucky for you she could.

>"Rune shop? You want me to bring you to the run shop? Isn't The shopkeeper from the rune shop already inside? Why don't you ask her to do a rune for you. And why aren't you talking?"
>>
>>519355
Why are we going to to the rune shop again?
>Point to our mouth and perform a horizontal cutting gesture to convey silence. Then point to the rune writer.

Going now, OP. Night.
>>
>>519355
flip the rune writter off, should give mavis an idea.
>>
>>519370
To get a rune writer to take the rune off your chest.

You point to your mouth then start making gestures before lastly pointing at the rune writer. Mavis looked like she was putting two and two together for the next few minutes before it seemed like it finally clicked.

>"Oh, you've been messing with the run writer and she did something to you? And I'm guess is that she made you...mute?"
>>
>>519465
>Nod
>Hug
>>
>>520229
>"So what do you want me to do about it...exactly?"
>>
>>520485
Are. You. Serious.
>Point to the city
>Point to the rune writer and point to the city
>>
>>520771
>"Bring you to...another rune writer?"
>>
>>520779
>Now we can hug her.
>>
>>520802
You move to hug Mavis. You embrace her in a a hug for a few moments before you let go. She seemed to take that as a yes to her question and motions you to follow after.

>"Lucky for you there are two rune writers within Eldham. One is Linda and the other is Rythian's. He's not as skilled as Linda nor not as popular, but he gets by. Come on"

You'd follow after Mavis as she guides you to another rune writer. It was a long and silent trip since you couldn't really speak at all. It was actually pretty boring really. But you finally make it to the rune writer's place after sometime past. The place looked old and run down.
>>
>>520876
Perfect. Underdogs are the best.
>Enter, ye who abandons hope.
>>
>>520894
You enter the shop and above your head you here a noise. Kinda like when your going into a grocery store and when you hit the motion sensors it alerts that someone is entering or leaving. At the noise you see an old man come from the back of the store and towards you.

>"Welcome, welcome, to Rythian's Rune Emporium. I'm Old Man Rythian, and I'm here to help you with all of your rune needs. What do you two need?"

Before you answer, with your pointing and gestures, you take a look around the shop. It's pretty dusty and there isn't a soul in the shop other than the old man. It was like the place hadn't been visited in years.
>>
>>520951
>Get straight to the point.
>pun not intended
>>
>>520960
You point to the rune on your chest.

>"Oh, you've been runed?"

The old man would have pushed up his spectacles and knelt down to have a better look at the rune on your chest. It would have felt like an invasion of personal space, but you didn't feel that anymore.

>"Expertly written. A tad sloppy. Whoever wrote this must have been angry. And I can take a pretty good guess at who."

He stood up once more, not wanting to explain the deal while he was still knelt down.

>"So here the deal. The rune on your chest is written by my daughter, Linda, yes? This was a small rune I taught her when she was still little, so she could silence the bullies, but it seemed she's improved it since that time. Your body is recognizing the run as a part of you. I can take it off of course, but if I do you'll go into shock. It'll feel like ripping your arm off without first aid by a holy mage. The pain of course, will be unbearably mental...maybe alittle brain damage at that."

The old man shrugged.

>"Knowing this, still want me to take it off?"
>>
>>521018
oh hell no
> Return quickly and inflict bodily harm on that ho linda until she takes the damn rune off, if she doesn't then start testing out the blue glow shotgun on her shop.
>>
>>521033
lol
>>521018
Nah, it's cool. Let's just leave it. I dont really mind.
>Creepy, penetrating stares will become our new weapon
>>
>>521033
>>521083
You'd shake your head to the pain. Maybe if he hadn't been so descriptive you would have said yes. But it would have probably still hurt like hell. You wave the old man off and he seemed a bit sad. But he shrugged it off and went back to working with the runes in the back. After that all that, you go back outside and point towards the cathedral.

>"Back to the cathedral? Alright."

Mavis would have guided you back to the cathedral. That walk was still boring and didn't take you two long. Once you wre inside, you take notice that Jeanne screams had stop. And the bloody footsteps leading back to the throne room. The queen must have went to town. But you'd focus on that little bit later. At the moment you'd enter the throne room and and look around for Linda. She was around the table once more, with everyone else. The queen was even at the table, with a few splats of blood on her.

>"Looks like something important is going on Master."
>>
>>521151
Sit and listen in. save the burning and maiming for later.
>>
>>521160
It seemed Veridia was leading the conversation

>"So. Interrogation wasn't a complete failure. It turns out they do not have a permanent base. What they do have, however, are multiple bases they constantly move around to."

There would have been muttering around the table. Until someone asked if she knew where these bases are.

>"There are multiple set up throughout the entire land of Gerosda. In minor villages to inside of the major kingdoms. Even one here in Eldham somewhere."

Gasps filled the room! Johnathan would have stepped up to make a point that if such powerful people were inside his kingdom, he'd be the first one to notice.

>"And, have you notice Johnny?"

>Point Made

Johnathan didn't say anything after that. He seemed to be too embarrassed that he just got shot down like that within his own throne room.

>"They have an individual with a certain cursed weapon, with a certain perk I would call 'Disregard existence'. The weapon has the ability to make certain people withing a certain range of the person basically unnoticeable. They would be able to paint on your face without your notice. And with that in mind, it might be close to impossibly hard to find the hideout within Eldham."
>>
>>521268
Oh look, We're useful now
>Our weapon shines near cursed weapons. The range is extremely small from what we observed with the pistols but Im guessing the more active the cursed weapon is and the more active our own is, the greater the glow.
>>
>>521953
You raise you hand and a few eyes go towards you. You speak up about what your weapon can do to the room and the queen put her hand on her chin.

>"Well that might be useful, we do not know if they're actually inside of the city or currently within one of their other bases in Gerosda. If you want to do this, you'd have to go at it alone. Well, you can take one or two soldiers with you."
>>
>>522166
>Time for more charades
>Point to our mouth followed by an accusing flare at Linda
>Can I be allowed to fucking speak first? Now that I'm doing something, it'd be njce to use my mouth
>Can the soldiers dance? I want dancing soldiers.
>>
>>522198
>flare
glare
>nice
nice
>>
>>522201
Linda moved over to you and put her hand on the slate on your chest. Then ripped it off. It felt like getting a wax on wax off so you screamed it was off. And some laughs go around the room.

>"You better now?"

She'd chuckle as she went back to her seat at the war table. You ask if your soldiers could dance and Johnathan put his hand on his chin wondering that himself. Veridia would have shook her head.
>>
>>522242
>Honestly more worked about our chest hair at the moment
>Can I have Hearld and Mavis?
>>
>>522286
Johnathan would have nodded.

>"If they don't mind, then sure."
>>
>>522299
Ask Veridia if she knows a good place to start
>>
>>522331
>"The only thing I can suggest is the shady parts of town. Like I said before if Johnathan hasn't notice, then we have no real idea."
>>
>>522340
Take the bandits as well, greedy fucks got a gold coin each or something so no bitching from them.
Oh get some money from jonathan, in case of expenses. Its his city we're protecting after all
>>
>>522351
You actually have no idea where the bandits are. You haven't seen them in AWHILE. As for asking Johnathan for some money, he gets up and walks behind his throne. Then comes back to you with a moderately sized bag of coins. You open in and see only platinum coins.
>>
>>522375
>Get started on sweeping the slums for cursed weapons.

Goddamn, johnathans the best ruler.
>>
>>522392
Time to get going. You motion Herald to come along with you and leave the Cathedral. Outside you get Mavis to follow after you as well. And then, it was off to the shady part of the kingdom. Herald seemed to be guiding you two now. You three talk about stuff but it was nothing too interesting. And it didn't take long for you all to reach the shady part of Eldham. It didn't look too different from the rest of the kingdom. But there was just the feeling that it was. You start walking around looking for cursed weapons. It didn't take you long for you weapon to start giving off a glow. You start using it like a radar and soon, in the distance, you see to guards arguing with a lady. Who, had a massive and slain bird behind her. You could tell the lady was pretty steamed even from where you were standing.
>>
>>522426

>>522426
>Hide and watch
>Tell whoever's with us to do the same
>>
>>523178
Not wanting to get involved, not yet atleast, you pull Mavis and Herald alittle closer to the scene before bringing them into hiding. At your hiding place her can hear the highs of the conversation such as yelling but not the lows such as casual speaking. Couldn't make out appearances though.

>"...doing your job...!"

>"...your trying to tell ME it's wrong!"

>"I should be thanked!"

>"...don't need to be brought in for questioning!"

Whoever this lady was she sure was a fussy one. The guards seemed to slowly move towards her in attempt to calm her down. The lady would have have backed away a few steps away from them and towards the slain bird behind her.
>>
>>523261
>Continue to watch
>>
>>523445
You and the gang keep watching, not too keen on intervening yet. As the guard got closer, that was when alittle action happened. You'd see the quick movements of the lady as she grabbed the by guards by their helmets and hit their heads together. It was professionally done at that, you didn't even here the guards helmets hit each other. And the guards were caught and gently put on the ground.

She would have said something but it was too low to hear.

She would have then grabbed the slain bird by the beak and started dragging it along slowly. Towards your hiding place and soon past it as well. You notice your weapon light up violently as she pasted by. She didn't look like she was carrying a cursed artifact.
>>
>>523502
Everyone hit her at the same time, try to knock her out.
>>
File: Lady.jpg (155KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lady.jpg
155KB, 640x800px
>>523515
You tell everyone to hit her at once. You let her take a few more steps before you all emerge from the hiding place at once. That was when things got... serious. The area would have darkened. And she would have suddenly turned to you with a mask on, lightly plated, and with a weapon suddenly at her side. She suddenly terrified you, but you wouldn't admit it. You take a quick glare over to mavis and herald, they seemed to be feeling the same way. But you wouldn't let a feat stop you from the attacked on the woman.

She had your scythe out. Herald was along side you. Mavis wasn't doing anything, you take another look at her and she was sitting down and facing the wall. She seemed the most terrified of you all. It was just you and Herald than. Herald was ahead of you. He got hit first. And he went down first. The woman would have drawn her blade, red and twice as long as the sheathe somehow, to slash pasted Herald. He would have fell to his knees and his armor shattered. Herald was defeated in a single attack!

Then the red eyes under the mask would have slowly turned to you.

>"Do you yield, novice?"

She held her blade, as if ready to attack you next. You felt yourself shaking suddenly, but fear still wouldn't effect your actions. Your actions were up to you. But a feeling in your gut was screaming that this lady was inhuman.
>>
>>523594
>She had your scythe out
You had your scythe out
>>
Knew we should have sent for Johnny boy
>The Soulless One is a faggot"
>>
>>523594
>Pullout the blue glow shotgun and rapid fire .

Fuck, even with surprise we blew that
>>
>>523752
Art thou a moron?
>>
>>523731
>"I have no patience for your games. Do you yield or do I have to hit a non vital organ like I did your friend."
>>
>>523752
You transform your scythe into it's shotgun form and attempt to shoot. It doesn't go very well. You attempt to rapid fire but it's a shotgun. You shot once and suddenly you feel yourself maimed. You look down to the sword inserted into your chest. You cough up little blood as your vision slowly goes black.

She drew the blade and you found the pain increased.

>"You'll live. 'Savior' my ass though."

She would have kicked you onto your back, took your weapon, and walked off. You could hear the bird being dragged away as you slowly lost your conciousness.

You would have woke up much later with Mavis looking down at you. She had golden hair and eyes. She was healing you. You see Johnathan and Veridia standing over you.
>>
>>523780

>Don't yield, fight.

>>523763
seriously? you're the one that got our protag silenced with a rune and spent too much time dicking around cause you wanted a new iras
>>
>>523826
plays out the same way for
>>523832

Also chill out guys.
>>
>>523832
At peace, I thought 4channers had thick skin? I didn't mean to come off as hostile. Here, I'll explain:
Dicking around doesn't get us killed. Talking isn't necessary. And I spent too much time? Really? You mean at times where we had too much time? Youre just going to riddle the OP with
>Train
>Read books?
We got in plenty of practice and invested plenty of time in reading the books. Dont bore both the readers and the OP.

Trying to continue fighting a clearly overpowering enemy, on the otherhand, when we had the choice to yield and not risk getting killed or severly injured is utterly inane. Yielding isnt cowardice. Knowing when to admit defeat is wisdom and simply not being a little bitch in denial. If we didn't have plot armor we would be dead right now.

>>523826
>"So we found a member that used blood-red swords. Her cursed weapon is more of an illusion. This time, she appeared as a woman. She was carrying a large- what seemed like dead- bird. We found her in the more elusive places of the city, if Mavis hadn't already told you."
>Is Herald okay?
>Thank Mavis
>>
>>526262
>we would be dead right now
I take that back. Soulless one wants us alive. But that still kind of is plot armor.
>>
>>526267
>"I'm afraid it wasn't a member of Dangarnon you three encountered. The depravity much more stronger than a member could muster. No, she was letting their presence be known."

Johnathan had a discouraged look on her face. Veridia on the other hand looked a tad happy on the other hand. You were getting confused.

>"From what Madame Mavis has told me...A demon mask, a complicated looking sheathe, a sword that extends out, and the terrifying presence..."

Johnathan closed his eyes for a moment and sighed.

>"You've met Gerosda's Elusive Champion. Barely known, probably why those guards were trying to stop her. And I should have known something was wrong once I notice a Sky Stalker disappear as quickly as it appeared over the skies of Eldham. But me and Veridia came over once we notice the presence was made kingdom wide. From this spot as well. She was probably trying to summon any healer that notice... maimed you. But over did it."

He would have shuddered.

>"Such levels of depravity could never be ignored. Even citizens noticed. I wasn't surprised when I noticed a some people on their knees in the streets, as if they've lost hope."

Herald would have suddenly been sitting next to you. You didn't even notice, and he looked pretty fine to you. Mavis must have healed him as well. You'd thank Mavis for the healing.
>>
>>526464
Face. Palm.
>What next? Should I go back to searching?
>>
>>526516
>"I guess you could, but she took that weapon you had."

As Johnathan said that you check yourself for your weapon and it was gone. Without it, searching might have been a difficult.
>>
>>526534
>Sonuvabitch
>Let's wander around the city while finishing the book on energy magic.
>Ask Jonahthan if there are any businesses concerning large birds? Produce buissness? Poultry? Restaurant? Butcher's first.
>If the above places dont check out, go back to the place we first met with her.
>>
>>526573
Again, go to butcher businesses first if they have them in this world-
/city.
>>
>>526573
Johnathan would have nodded his head.

>"Some warriors make a living out of capturing or killing high priority creatures and high bounty individuals. It's a real good way of living if your strong enough to fight creatures like Sky Stalkers. You can find the Trade In somewhere near the Cathedral I think. I'm not too sure. The place were never really my idea."

Veridia would have chimed in and said that she knew were the place was, and grabbed you by the shoulder with her metal hand. And dragged you away from your friends and Johnathan.

You'd decide to finish up on the tome on energy magic while you were being dragged. You didn't have too much longer until you were finish with the tome. Then it would been over to the next one. Or maybe the one on lightning. Maybe fire.

By time you reached the trade in, which was pretty far from the cathedral actually, you'd finished the tome. And looked at the long line of armored men carrying slain creatures. Just about all of them were the size of household pets.
>>
>>526613
>Look for big Sky Stalkers
>Look for the woman
>Ask traders who it a woman who sells Sky Stalkers
>>
>>526777
>who it a
I dont know what the hell this is but heres the correction: If they know
>>
>>526777
>>526780
You look around for a Slain Sky Stalker among the slain creatures the warrior were carrying. But none of them carried a Sky Stalker, nor did any of them come close to the sky of one. So you decided to start looking for the woman alone. You never really got a good look at her face, just the mask and what she was wearing. But everyone you saw was wearing armor. So finally, with the help of the queen, you move to the front of the line and ask the traders if they knew the woman. A buff man with a deep voice would have answered for you.

>"Yeah, she's a usual because we usually pay out more than other Trade Ins. She would usually bring medium tier priority creatures such as Ultuks and Medium-High Bounties. This was the first time she brought in High Priority creature though. She walked past all of the line and no one tried to stop her. They were even trying to hide the creatures they had slain from the embarrassment. A real funny scene really. And she received a large sum of platinum for that Sky Stalker."
>>
>>526907
>You know where she went? Direction? Where we might be able to find her? Anything at all about her?
>>
>>527276
>"She said that she had a gift for someone in a Far Water Bar. We told her the Kingdom Fell sometime ago, but she said she knew already before leaving with an annoyed look on her face."
>>
>>527549
>Thank you
>Let's go 'ol pal Queenie. By the way, where's your daughter?
>>
>>527596
You tell the queen, lets go, and she started to guide you somewhere and you'd follow after. You are little curious of something. You ask the queen if she knew the whereabouts of her daughter.

>"Oh... I don't know. Probably somewhere safe. I taught her enough so she could fend for herself. It's the Cythraul way tradition for blood to prove themselves strong in their young life. It was how me, my sister, and my brother were raised. Dad never really cared to much about us until we proved to him that we were strong. I raised my daughter a bit... kinder... but this is her chance to prove herself at least. Though I wish it was some time sooner."

The queen would have shrugged as you two found yourselves at the magical shop. You were abit confused on why you were here and you'd see the queen was already heading inside.
>>
>>527687
Bruh I thought we we're going to the bar
>Mention this and ask why we're here
>>
>>527687
follow and look at whos there and whats for sale
>>
>>527768
>>527772
As you entering the shop, you see the shopkeeper and Veridia talking. You walk around to see whats for sale and to see whose around. Magical stuff and no one important. You finally walk up to the queen and ask what you two were doing here.

>"Martha is a Temporal Mage. She can create rifts at will to where ever she desires, as long as she knows or see's where she wants the rift to go."

That made sense. The queen would have took the bag Johnathan gave you full of platinum. She would have took a few platinum coins out and put them on the table for the shopkeeper to take. The shop keeper would have handed an orb to the queen. She'd hold it tightly for a few moments before the orb would have glowed. Then she would have handed the orb back to the shop keeper.

>"One way trip. Two passagers going."

A rift would have opened beside you and the queen and the queen would have stepped in. The shop keeper looked at you, as if waiting for you to do the same.
>>
>>527803
>"Call me"
>Step in like were not absolutely scared of being lost in a temporal space rift
>>
>>527895
Probably shouldn't be fucking with someone bringing you gods know where. But your you. So you do anyway. You see a frown on the shop keeper's face as you walk through the portal. Coming out on the other side of the portal, you quickly find yourself landing on your face. You look up to the rift being on the ceiling before it closes. You look around to see a empty bar. Well mostly empty. You see three at the bar, two females and one male. One being the queen. Another being the lady who stole your weapon. And the man a mystery. They all seemed to be chatting it up happily.
>>
>>527973
>Tell Veridia who she is
>Ask if she knows who the man is
>>
File: Not Terrifying Lady.jpg (47KB, 475x750px) Image search: [Google]
Not Terrifying Lady.jpg
47KB, 475x750px
>>528141
You warn Veridia about who she was. She would have looked back at you for a moment before looking at the woman and saying something to her. Then lady would have turned around herself for you to look at her. She had a strong resemblance to the queen herself.

>"Nice to meet you kid. I'm Erica Cythraul. Gerosda's Champion. Sorry for stabbing you but you were asking for it when you and your buddy tried to jump me. I was glad one of your recognized I had a demon mask and yielded immediately."

You'd ask who was the guy. Erica would have looked at him for a moment and hit him on the back. He would and groaned. Obviously drunk.

>"He's still drunk, so I'll just tell you his name. He's Derek Cythraul."
>>
>>528161
>Derek
I miss him so much, I put his name down
>Dominick
>>
>>528161
Oh daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang
>Apologize and explain the reason for our mistake
>Ask if she knows anything about the "erase existence" member
>Ask for our weapon
I like this one. Shes cool.
>>
Night, OP
>>
File: Your Real Weapon.jpg (291KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Your Real Weapon.jpg
291KB, 500x698px
>>528213
You would have apologize for what you did and explain to her your reasons. You'd told her of the voices constantly telling you what to do. She would have just laughed.

>"Oh, your a funny one. Aren't you. But I accept I apology."

Since that was out of the way now, you ask if she knew about the member who used that "erase existence" power with his cursed artifact.

>"Well there are a few people who use the perk. But all but one really has it, so I just assume that your talking about Aedan. He's a member and he's real easy to find if you know how to find him. Like our good pal Dominick here."

She'd pat the man on the back again and he would have provided another groan. You would have asked for your weapon back next and she would have too the weapon off the back of the man. She would have then reached into the blade(literally shoved her hand into the blade like it was a backpack) and pulled out a long sword. It glowed bright and admitted magic energies on a godly tier. She would have tossed it to your feet for you to take.

>"The Soulless one couldn't hold the weapon himself so he needed something to store it in something. He stole my brother's weapon and stored it inside to later hand off to you. It was probably intention for you to get use to Dominick's weapon so you'd have less time to figure out how to use the one before you."
>>
>>528236
>But I accept I apology
But I accept your apology
>>
>>528236
>Ask if she and Dominik can mentor us
>Both in battle and and how use our weapon
>>
>>528381
You ask if her and Dominick would train you in battle and how to use your new weapon.

>"Oh don't know... I don't think I can train you using my ōdachi. Nor do I think there is a blade in the world that won't break because of it's lack of durability. Plus I might start intentionally breaking limbs if I have that mask on for too long. Your best beat is to get Dominick to train you while he's still drunk and can't do anything serious. Don't worry either. He's always drunk."
>>
>>528789
>Let's do it
>>
File: Dominick the Drunk.jpg (32KB, 582x328px) Image search: [Google]
Dominick the Drunk.jpg
32KB, 582x328px
>>528816
>"Nick! Get up!"

She'd hit him on the back a few more times before he finally sits up and turns around in his seat. He would have looked at you three little confused. Erica would have sighed.

>"This kid needs you to train him. Your not too hammered to do that, right?"

He still looked alittle confused. That was when Erica started to shake him. He would have groaned before nodding a few times. Probably just to make her stop. Then he got up from his seat and took out a flask. He took a swig as he looked at you before walking outside.
>>
>>528942
Follow, time to test out the new sword.
>>
>>529122
You follow Dominick outside, and take a look around. He wasn't in sight but you did get to see how bad Far Water was destroyed up close. All the building around were still slowly collapsing. The bar looked pretty much untouched. And while looking at the bar, you see Dominick sitting on the roof looking down at you. Still drinking.

>"Okay! Kid... Ho do you want to go about this... like a spar or something...? I haven't trained a kid in awhile."
>>
>>529489
>You're the mentor, man. Let's start with the spar so you know where I am. Then we can work our way up fdom there.
>>
>>529562
Dominick would have jumped down from the roof and held the weapon out in a certain stance. It was in the form of a sword as he sword.

>"Alright kid. Come at me then."

He started muttering something to himself quietly. From what you can tell, it's where not to hit you.
>>
>>529597
Uh what stance?
>Uh I guess keep the scythe balances in our hands. Keep ready to deflect any thrusts from him.
>Use our speed training. See if anything has changes from last time. Maybe even learn to input more energy magic just before our weapon connect. Just a split second of pouring in magic for each strike for harder hits? That's obviously incredibly difficult but lets try it.
>>
>>529628
He's in a stance as if he's waiting for you to come to him, but at the same time ready to go to you.

With your new sword, and your training in increasing your speed, you dash at Dominick. Probably a dumb move but waiting for him to come to you wouldn't do you any better. And would have probably been unpleasant.

He parried the first strike you attempt to hit him with. Even with you inputting energy magic in your strikes, he seems to parry against your strikes as if they were nothing much. And he doesn't even seem to be trying to strike you. He was wearing you out, and you were quickly finding that it was working. You were draining away at your mana and your stamina each strike, before you finally struck your with the flat of his blade.

>"Bad Form. Not enough energy put behind your strikes. Low Stamina. Come on kid, this should be easy for you. Wait... I'm drunk...right? It should be easier than...Maybe I'm not drunk enough. My vision is just blurry..."

He would have took another swig of the flask before looking at you away.

>"Better...Everything is shaky now. Come at me again kid."
>>
>>529682
Gotsdamn we really suck. Our MC doesn't even have an affinity for combat.
>Now we do this martial arts style. Use his attacks and parries against him. We can also use the momentum of our attacks that are parties to be put into our next strike
>Shake it up. Sweep at his legs, duck and roll, etc. Check out different fighting styles and tactics to find which works th best.
>Learn to use our whole body for attacks. Pivot our heals and twist our legs. Use our core. Don't square our shoulders, give him a smaller target
>>
>>529744
Oh right, he's drunk. Move in a zig-zag. Also, try to get behind him.
>>
>>529744
>>529749
After taking a small break from the last fight, your finally ready for another round. You stand straight and look staight ahead at Dominick. He seemed shakey. He couldn't even hold his blade straight at you. This should have been easy. You run at him at slash at him. He'd parry but that was your plan. You'd use the parry against him and manage to force him back a few step every attack. You kept your movements in a zig zag like motion and he didn't seem to be able to keep up.

>"Why are they're eleven of you...Cheap moves kid! I like that...!"

You would have sweeped at his legs time after time but he keeps managing to get back onto his feet through the means of flips and other shonen like movements. Agile for a drunk man. And no certain fighting style seemed to work against him. And even now, he still wasn't striking at you. Just parrying.

>"Alright kid, It's time to fight for real now...!"

The drunk man would have suddenly forcing you back with a barrage of attacks. There was a red glow in his eyes and they were trained on you. But he seemed to make a mistake at some point. He stumbled over a rock. And you had your chance. You'd sweep at his feet with her foot and Dominick would have fell over. And landed face first onto the ground.

There was laughing. You'd looked over to the bar and see Erica and Veridia laughing their assess off. Dominick seemed to just groaning on the ground for a few minutes before sitting up. You took another swig of his flask.

>"Better."
>>
>>530015
>Uh are you okay?
>Help him up
>Ask Veridia and Erica if he's okay. Because I'm pretty sure an intoxication this severe isnt all that great for his health.
>If hes alright, ask him if hes up for another spar. Or is he going to chug a lot if water now and get to bed, bracing himself for the shittiest hangover in Gerosda history? Alcohol and faceplanting do not mix. Nor does alcohol and combat. Only Jackie Chan can make them work together.
>>
>>530214
Nor does*
Nor do
>>
>>530214
>>530235
You ask Dominick if he was fine. You'd only get a groans in reponse. He'd raise his hand for you to help him off his ass and you do. The groans are a bit worrying so you ask Erica and and Veridia if he was fine. Veridia seemed to be the first to answer you.

>"He has the strongest liver in history pretty much, and that brain is pretty much empty. He'll be fine. He'll pass out sooner or later though. And be pissy when he wakes up."

Erica would have nodded, comfirming what she said. Dominick would have groaned... again. You ask if he was up for another spar. He would have nodded before picking the sword up off the ground. A few sparks would have fallen from his sword hand and the sword would have transformed into it's scythe form. Something was different about it thought. The edges of the scythe blade were red.

>"Oh, it seems like he's kicking your training up a notch. Keep an eye on the scythe rather than him kid. That is, if you still wanna go a round when he has his scythe in hand."
>>
>>530347
We are going die.
>Let's do this.
>Humans are still animals. Therefore, we still have instincts solely driven towards survival. Give our mind to our body in this one. Feel the air and hear the steel. Don't think so much. Just react to stimulus. This is not some chunni shit by the way. I'm serious. This does work. Ebb and flow.
>As for the fighting itself. Try not to block. We dont want to be disarmed with that hooked blade. Parry and deflect. Watch the blade like she advised. It'll come fast, I presume. And from plenty of directions.
>Get inside. Scythe are long. I dont know how long this sword is but hopefully it's short enough. We might also want to learn how to use the the butt of the hilt to thrust and knock opponents off balance when close in.
>Pace ourselves. Breathe and feel. Inner peace bullshit like Kung fu Panda. It works.
>>
>>530408

>"Erica warned you."

Dominick would finally say something. He'd have that red glow in his eyes again as he ran at you. As he was running at you, he was swaying to the sides some. So he was still drunk. So you could use that to your advantage still most likely. But before you know it you're looking at him about the bring the scythe down at you. He seemed even faster than he was before. Not wanting to block, you find yourself rolling over to the side. But Dominick was already back on you. You parry strikes from the scythe, but they were coming to fast for you to push him back. Nor were you able to get as close in as you predicted you would. After awhile, you'd start to notice slashes appear on your armor(because you were still wearing guard armor). He was getting quicker apparently. At some point of all your parrying and deflecting you manage to get into the inside. But that was when he started using the scythe's handle as a weapon. Each attempt you used to knock him off balance with the butt of the hilt, seemed to be deflected with his handiwork with the scythe. And until finally you find yourself making a mistake, a wrong step. And you weren't given the moment to correct yourself. You get bonked in the face with the handle making you stumble back. He would have then hit you at the feet with the scythe making you fall back onto your ass. Then you feel the scythe touched the back of your neck.

>"I think I'm too drunk to be fighting. That should have been alot easier. But good job kid."

The scythe would have went back to the form of a sword and Dominick took out the flask again. He took a swig and looked at his sisters, Erica and Veridia. Then down to you.

>"I'm done for today."

He'd head for the door but before he could make it he fell out. He'd passed out. You could see Erica and Veridia laughing as they both picked up him and brought him inside.
>>
>>530564
We need to do that again
>Follow
>When appropriate, ask about Aeden. Precisely, how dangerous is he and where can we find him?
>>
Night, OP
>>
>>530622
You follow them inside and you see them laying Dominick on the table so he can sleep there. He was a pretty loud snorer, but they seemed to be ignoring him just fine, regardless of how loud he was. After a few moments go by you ask Erica about Aedan.

>"Oh well, he's not too much of a fighter. He's more of a supportive mage. He knows a lot of spells in order to aid the others around him and he's NEVER alone. He, at least, has two more members of that little gang around him. You could probably beat the ever loving crap out of him if you can get him alone. But I doubt that would happen. And if you want to find him, he's around their base in Chepstow. Or atleast the last Dominick checked, he was."
>>
>>530657
>How strong are those around him
>Can you coming with us?
>Are you coming for thi, Veridia?
>Is like for Mavis to come
>Energy magic impedes movement. Let's get ready to use it on them after all that reading.
>Let's go.
>We catch him when he uses the bathroom. After someone offera him some food with laxatives, maybe when hes chugging some beer or whatever, and we'll wait on the bathroom. c: I'm sure his team is smart enough to check if his food is tainted or otherwise but we have luck and this is more of a joke but if it works then cool.
>>
>>530944
>"There members of the Dangarnon. Those around him are pretty strong. But I could fly through them all except that leader of theirs. But I'm not coming with ya' kid. Not my fight."

Too bad. You look to Veridia and ask her is she would be coming. She would have nodded her head. You would have to get Mavis from Eldham before you went, since you were in Far Water at the moment. Speaking of that you were wondering how you were going to get back to Eldham? You ask the queen and she would have whispered something to Erica.

Erica would have gotten up and the mask would have formed on her face, as well as her gear. The lights in the room would have gone out. And that terrifying presence was felt again. Just less of it. She drew a red blade and it extended out as it was drawn. She'd run her hand across the blade.

>"Eldham"

And finally, she would have cut at the air, and a red rift would have been slashed open.

>"One portal to Eldham. Probably Johnathan's Throne Room."

Veridia would have went through the portal. Now it was your turn to go through but before you do, Erica had something to say. she'd slide the mask to the side of her face so her voice wasn't distorted. Her eyes were a shiny red as they looked down at you in a serious manner

>"Kid. If you or my sister are ever in trouble, shout for Dominick. If he isn't out of it, he'll come to me, and then we'll come to you. But only for emergencies. Like your facing an army or something."
>>
File: Erica.jpg (65KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Erica.jpg
65KB, 774x1032px
>>
>>531049
Too op. Someone nerf her.
>Thank you
>Get in the rift
>>
>>531109
Had run off to do something for a bit.

You thank her and walk through the rift. You find yourself at the trade in as you step out. The rift would have closed behind you. Not Johnathan's throne, but nothing a nice walk couldn't fix. The queen seemed to already be on her way. You follow after her and she guides you back to the cathedral. And back to the Throne/War Room.
>>
>>531865
>Follow
Unexpectedly long day yesterday
>>
>>533787
You follow after the queen to the destination. When you enter the room, you find everyone looking at you two. Probably curious of where you two were.
>>
>>534286
>Greetings, my loyal subjects!
>I spent my day brawling with a drunk man! And how was your day?
>>
>>534397
You greet them all at once in a single shout and tell them what you've been doing. Fighting a drunk man all day. They would have glared at Veridia to see if it was true, as if they couldn't take your word for it. She would have nodded and you heard a few giggles fill the room.
>>
>>534505
>Okay, tell them about Aeden. Brief them on everything. Ask Veridia if you should know anything.
>Offer Kitty a hug
>Bro fist Gerald
>Order everyone a hug except for Johnathan. Hes too happy. Oh but thank him for the plats.
>>
>>534626
>Gerald
Herald
>Order
Offer
>>
>>534626
You brief everyone on Aedan. Where he is, dangerous things about him, basically everything you know. Johnathan would have commented.

>"If we're headed for Chepstow, we can see Derek's progress on a plan on the way."

Seeing Derek again sounded alright. Almost like a bonus. But not dwelling on the thought for too long, you start going around offering hugs. First was the Lord. He seemed to turn you down like always. So did a majority of other people. But there were some that took the hug. The Queen, Mavis, etc. You provide Herald with a Brofist instead. You didn't give Johnathan a hug, but you thanked him for the platinum.

>"It was no problem, Lewis."
>>
I'm going to be busy Anon. I'll be responding less frequently.
>>
>>534699
It's fine. I'm getting a little too busy myself. Don't hesitate to ask for a break/go on a hiatus.
>>534667
Lets go. Pass by Dereks. Maybe he can offer advice on the capture or assassination.
>>
File: High Wizard's Tower.jpg (310KB, 800x996px) Image search: [Google]
High Wizard's Tower.jpg
310KB, 800x996px
>>535094
You say it's time to go but you still don't know how to get to Chepstow. You ask Johnathan and he looks to the magic shop's shopkeeper.

>"You've been to Chepstow recently, yes?"

The shopkeeper would have nodded. And made a rift to the side of the room. Veridia, Mavis, and yourself walk through the rift. You find yourself landing on your face once more walking through one of those rift. Along with it closing behind you. Getting to your feet, you quickly found yourself faced with a large tower. You could feel the magic Radiating from it. You could take a guess of where you were.
>>
>>536242
>Cheap cow?
>Follow whoever leads because we have no idea where we're going
>>
File: Town.jpg (169KB, 1365x585px) Image search: [Google]
Town.jpg
169KB, 1365x585px
>>536864
>"Mavis, you've been briefed on the locations on the hideouts. You guide the kid to the hideout. I'll get Derek and Meet you two there."

Mavis would have nodded before pulling you along towards a town off in the distance. You look back to Veridia who was entering the tower. There goes your grade A protection. You keep letting Mavis pull you around until you find it that you're being dragged through the city. You didn't even notice. That was something you were suppose to notice, right? You look up to Mavis and she seemed little confused as well. And, at that, you need to know where you were going. Well, you knew. What you were suppose to be looking for.
>>
>>537276
>Group of three.
>Or we can find a high vantage point and wait for Veridia and Derek. Overlook the city and watch and irregularities and signs of Aeden.
>>
>>537968
Follow the missing memory of entering and walking though most of th city, you decide to find a high cantage point and wait for Veridia and Derek to show up. The tower off in the distance looked good. You point it out to Mavis and tell her what was the plan now. She followed after you to the tower. It was abandoned so you didn't have much of a problem getting in. The walk up was a long up, but when you finally get up there you get a city wide view. Mavis would have pointed out a building in particular.

>"That was where we were suppose to go. It's a tavern."
>>
>>539217
Head to the tavern and drink some booze while you're at it.
>>
File: Derek can't decide on a look.jpg (147KB, 600x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Derek can't decide on a look.jpg
147KB, 600x1094px
>>543443
You decide to give it another shot at going to the tavern. You tell Mavis that it's time to get going. She nods and follows you down. Than you quickly find yourself following after her. But then it happened again. Your memory goes fuzzy. This time, you didn't find yourself in a completely random place. Everything clears as you find Veridia shaking you. Once she notices your fine now, she stands up.

>"You were under's Aedan's power. If your actively searching for him without some kind of defense, you won't find him. Luckily me and Derek caught you two."

Derek? But don't see him. Just Mavis and a strange man standing next to the Tavern Door. But after alittle detective work, you figure out that man is Derek. You couldn't even see his face. And the dark energy was flowing off him. And those yellow eyes. He looked even more evil than he did before. Hopefully he didn't act the part.

You four head inside and take a look around. Th tavern looked full and you couldn't really make out anyone that could be Aedan. But that was his magic, wasn't it. You walk over to the bar and ask for some booze. You put a platinum coin down and the bar keep brings you a mug right away. You would be underage in your world. But Gerosda probably didn't have any laws about minors drinking. So you drunk away.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.