[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Civ Land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: Civthreadedit.jpg (7MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Civthreadedit.jpg
7MB, 5000x5000px
Welcome to my land. You may not know this land, but I welcome you to it anyways.
I, the wondrous Minthraazul will be your host and guide for this evening, should you fancy.

And oh, would you look at all these thousands and thousands of fellows eager to help you along your travels! But you can only pick one, I'm afraid, but whom shall it be? And more importantly; where?

More readable version of the image here http://i.imgur.com/Ab879um.jpg We're using that one jerk anon's race sheet from last year

A thread error caused the prior tallies to be lost, but not forgotten
The prior tallies are

Dark Folk 2

Merfolk 1

Catfolk 1

Mite 1

City Underbelly 3

City Ruins 2

Jungle 1
>>
>>511566
>Dark folk
>City ruins
Let's get this show on the roard.
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>511566
Try this chart.
>>
Catfolk. This kind of catfolk.
>>
I sure hope this isn't dead
Dark Folk in ruins
>>
>>511566
Giants
City Ruins
>>
>>511629

I'll second this
>>
The Tallies are in

The race is Dark Folk

And the location will be City Ruins

The adventure will begin soon.
>>
>>511620
>>511624
Supporting dark folk/ ruins
>>
>>511643
Hype is up.
Hopefully I can learn a thing or two about running these things.
>>
An ode to the hubris of mankind. Enemies more powerful than any can imagine, and provoked over stubborn advancement. Annihilation is inevitable when facing the pure essence of destruction.

But in the ashes of Entropy rises something more, something with a fate to exceed, nay, proliferate. The Caligni, as they now call themselves, have risen from the ashes of what was once their ancestry. The energies of their heritage's destruction has long since dissipated from the surface, and yet it has still changed them, changed their bodies and their minds.
To a Caligni, Ungentiary clothing is as comforting as a feathered bed, and a dim ray of light as nourishing as a light snack. The foul adaptations devised by arachnids, fungus, and smear are a staple, and maneuvering the shadows is a way of life.

These are your people, and you have only recently learned that the surface has become safe for travel after such calamity had befallen it.
Though your people remember not of this city, whom built it, and what it's name once was, it matters little to you; for you know it will be yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icq86BRW4WE

But whom are you in this upbringing?
How will you lead your people ahead?

Will you be
A Brave Warrior and Inspiring Leader?
A Shrude Tactition and Politician?
A Man of the People and Friend to All?
>>
>>511685
Man of the People. Gotta be friends with errybody!
>>
>>511685
>A Man of the People and Friend to All?
>>
>>511685
A Man of the People and Friend to Al
>>
>>511685
Supporting
>>
>>511685
>A Man of the People and Friend to All?
>>
File: Dark_stalker.jpg (63KB, 574x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_stalker.jpg
63KB, 574x1000px
>A Man of the People and Friend to All.

You are Droriz Feteniq, leader of your clan. While you stand slightly taller than a man, your people are small like children, yet no less robust as adults. The facts behind this disparity are unknown to you, but not of issue, as your fellows seem to give you a mixture of reverence and blind obediance, mostly unwarranted.
Though unlike some whom would use such a position for excess and delinquincy, you choose a greater path, one of societal improvement and interpersonal relation with your people.

Your style of leadership has left your people with a greater focus on infrastructural improvements. Though they subsist mostly on scavenging, edible fungus farms have been cultivated in your small domain, and structural supports have been erected to keep the caverns and sewers beneath the ruins from collapsing atop you.

Conversely however, your people are few and far between with the aspects of military, and at best can muster but a thuggish mob when a need to fight arises, as such your people are typically only armed with improvised bludgeons or knife and with next to nothing for armour.

Your people number some 240 strong, with only 60 prepared as combatants.

Though you know the surface is safe for travel, you have not yet explored it, though you have a large hold over the central underground instead, a place of musty dampness much overgrown with vermin and fungi.

You know within what must be done, and you have the undying support of your people behind you.
Scouts, fighters, farmers, and workers all are ready at your beck and call

What will you do?

Before you say "Procreate" that will occur automatically, so don't go there.
>>
>>511810
explor
>>
>>511810
Scout out for dangers around your home.
>>
>>511827
>>511830
These two kinda go together. I'll second.
>>
>Scout and explore
The natural size and niche with darkness that your people possess allows them to explore the city with relative impunity.

Located at the left side of the city's center your clan sits comfortably.

Beneath the surface to the north lies a conclave of ugly and incredibly small blue feyish people. To the east there is a sizeable colony of rat-men with as equal a grip on the deep as they have on the surface. To the south lairs a group of white-skinned lizard-like humanoids. Finally, to the west on the surface a clan of odd little frog-men seem to have built a stilt-housed community.

For curiosities a group of about 40 or so Dwarves have set up a camp at the southern gate of the city and seem to be collecting from the ruins. The palace to the north is emnating a low hum from within that filled the scouts with a dread sensation. And underground to the east there seems to be a lone hermit of those blue feyish people, although when the scouts tried to approach, it chased them off with a herd of giant rodents.

With this information, what will your people do?
>>
>>511883
Train more for combat. Let's take the dwarves out, and take what they have.
>>
>>511883
Diplomacy.
We are a friend to all, are we not?
>>
>>511883
Diplomacy with the Dwarves
>>
File: tumblr_lgsm1qW8Mj1qgvw9ho1_500.gif (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgsm1qW8Mj1qgvw9ho1_500.gif
4KB, 500x500px
>>511895
>Let's pick the leader type that's obviously about making friends with other civs and getting good infrastructure!

>Let's immediately start a fight with a group we know nothing about!
>>
>>511914
heh, yeah. That was kinda stupid of me
>>
You decide to meet these dwarves for yourself and establish some form of diplomacy with them.

At the first moon, yourself and a small band of retainers, some armed, some bearing evidence of good-will, head out to meet them.

The dwarves have set up a campsite at the edge of the ruined city, taking up in and around the gatehouse, with nearly all of them up and about during the late hours.

Squat, square tents have been erected strategically behind a ring of stakes with armed crossbowmen taking up positions atop mounded dirt on the other side. Noncombatant dwarves hustle and bustle inside and out of the camp, scouring the surrounding buildings and carrying back things of varying value, some scrap, some things of minor historic worth, and other scavenge.

Ever the friendly spirit, you approach the entrance of the camp openly, the dwarven guards lining their bolts to meet you a grizzly fate should you prove hostile, but you call out assuring them of no ill intent.

You ask if you might have meeting with their leader, and they comply with some grumbling. From out of the camp comes a grizzled dwarf, more an expert at mining than anything else. He regards you with a stern consternation and a mild nausea at your smell, but tries to maintain a neutral greeting.

What do you say to him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_jizNCiInw
>>
>>511963
Ask who they are and what are they doing here. see what they think of evidence I have no idea what that is
>>
>>512028
Also apologize profusely for the smell.
>>
>>511963
>>512028
+1
>>
The dwarf looks over the gifts your people have brought, simply put the only thing you have worth trading, which is your excess food. It is given freely to those whom come to collect the bushels and is accepted with a mix of thankfulness and nose-holding.

He takes this as a good enough sign of well-intendedness and thanks you for the kindness, as supplies aren't an easy-comeby. You ask and he explains that his group is here on an archaeological mission to learn the history behind what happened to this city, that it might be recorded for future generations.

In return he asks what you and your people are doing here, and comments that he wouldn't expect those looking as you do to be so welcoming.

What do you tell him? And what more do you ask?
>>
>>512092
Tell him that we live in the cavern. Tell him of the other inhabitants and warn him that they may be hostile. Ask him what they're doing and offer our assistance.
>>
>>512096
I agree with this.
>>
Telling him what you know of the surrounding other factions in the city, he seems surprised. He didn't expect that there'd be this much still active here and thanks you for the information, commenting that he will need to send for more muscle to keep the dig safe.
He tells you that any amount of assistance would be more than welcome and greatly appreciated.

You exchange names as he extends thanks "Tholrik Ironheart" He calls himself.

How much will you assign towards helping the archaeologists?
>>
>>512146
>>
File: 1419399644645.jpg (4KB, 238x195px) Image search: [Google]
1419399644645.jpg
4KB, 238x195px
>>512161
>>
>>512161
No, we're not going to commit everybody.
>>
>>512146
75 at least
>>
>>512146
>>
You commit a generous amount of 80 noncombatants to the efforts of the dwarven archaeologists, well over three times the amount of diggers they had originally.

These Caligni will remain at the site, helping the dwarves during the night but will return home during the day to rest at the request of the dwarves. (due to the ungeantial smell) Which sores your people's hearts just a tad, but they do well enough to provide necessary aid.

Tholrik is flabbergasted at how much you contribute in comparison to what he has in terms of manpower, and offers to share equipment with you, even going so far as to suggest requesting tools to come along with the guards he will be requesting sent. Picks, axes, and rigging gear to help your clan.

With this, I shall be leaving you for the night, as I cannot give adequate entertainment with a lack of sleep, and for that I apologize. I will return first thing in the morning however and continue if the thread is still alive, or open a new one if it is not.
>>
>>512192
Thanks for running
>>
>>511566
Do you mind if others use this chart?
>>
>>512192
Great writeup OP, hope you continue later.
>>
I have returned, and am surprised to see the thread hasn't been archived.
>>512432
It's not my chart, and anyone can use any chart, they're free useage assets.
>>
>>512856
Me again, may be quiet at this time but I'm keeping an eye on this.
>>
Having secured quite the mutually beneficial exchange with the dwarves, will there be anything else that is asked of this benefactor before we proceed with the journey in earnest?
>>
>>512856
Hello I'm here and I don't know how to archived this quest.
>>
>>512885
Ask ware he came from and what does he think of ourr people.
>>
>>512885
I'd ensure there's people of ours on the lookout to see if the Dwarves find anything of particular interest
>>
File: tent1.jpg (715KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
tent1.jpg
715KB, 1200x675px
Tholrik regails you of his people, a proud and growing independant city of Dwarves known as the hold of Darak Uzal to the far west. He tells of their expertise at stoneworking and metallurgy, as well as their skill at arms in defending their gloried home. He views you and your people as strange squatters in these ruins, but is surprised at your hospitality and hopes this can mean only good things between you.

It will be some time before the Dwarven resupplies come in earnest, and for now a sizeable portion of your noncombatant workers have been taken up to task with the dwarves.

You know of three undiscovered factions
Mites to the North Underground
Skaven to the East
Grippli to the West

Your food is plentiful
+1 Scrounging
+1 Fungal Farming
-1 hunger upkeep

160 noncombatant workers, with 60 mob combatants at your ready (with an additional 80 currently assigned to aiding an ally.)

Your Infrastructural Advances are
Fungal Farming
Underground Supports

You have no military advancements
Your combat tactics and equipment are only mob tactics with improvised weapons

What will you choose to do now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w94ZB0VJUp4
>>
>>513019
Try to make bows.
>>
>>513019
Was the make bows not a option if so I would vote for training the 60 mob combatants.
>>
>>513019
Minthraazul are you still there please I don't want to be part of a another dead civ and I don't know how to archived this quest.
>>
>>513019
Can we try to make improvements to the city and really stake our claim?
>>
>>514067
That sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>514067
this
>>
>>514067
Voting for this
>>
Is the thread dead?
>>
>>526316
Seems like it
RIP
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.