[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Fall of Gatefrenzies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: df_mountains.jpg (471KB, 1760x836px) Image search: [Google]
df_mountains.jpg
471KB, 1760x836px
It is the 1st of Slate, in the year 475. Your name is Lolor Bridgeyawned, a young female dwarf, though you're quite tall and skinny for one. You were born into a poor farming family, and lived an uneventful life in Palacedance all your life—until now, that is.

You've traveled for weeks from the mountainhome to an up-and-coming Fortress with your 25 companions. Well, you say companions, but you really aren't too friendly with any of them. You have always been the independent type, after all. You just never saw the point in working with other people when you can take care of yourself just fine. But now that you think about it, you don't know anyone at this place, or anyone in your group. You don't even know much about where you're headed. Your parents just sent you off as fast as they could when they found out there was a caravan heading out to the new fortress. Maybe you should ask someone from your group about where you're headed?

>talk to the warrior
>talk to the gem cutter
>talk to the doctor
>talk to the farmer
>fuck social interaction, you'll just find out when you get there
>write-in
>>
File: 1471392520346.jpg (30KB, 843x713px) Image search: [Google]
1471392520346.jpg
30KB, 843x713px
>>511472
talk to the farmer
>>
>>511479

Vote for this, we probably have the most in common with the farmer
>>
You decide to talk to the farmer, seeing as you grew up as one.

>Lolor:"Excuse me, can I ask you something?"
>Farmer:"Of course, what is it?"
>Lolor:"Where are we going?"

He gives you a confused look.

>Famer:"What took you so long to ask that? We've been traveling for weeks!"
>Lolor:"Nevermind that, just answer my question please."
>Farmer:"Alright then... we're going to Gatefrenzies. It was only founded a couple years ago, but since then its become incredibly wealthy and is well known for its masterful steel industry."

Well, there are definitely worse places to be sent to.

>continue talking to farmer
>pick someone else
>stop talking and wait until you get there
>write-in
>>
>>511525
>>

I really hope this quest is about talking to the farmer. No sarcasm.
>>
You continue talking with the dwarf.

You learn that his name is Kubuk Cloisteredfocuses and that he is 45 years old.
He's heading to Gatefrenzies to pursue his lifelong dream of creating a great work of art.

He asks why you're going. What do you tell him?

>tell the truth
>make something up
>>
>>511644
>>tell the truth
>>
>>511644
>make something up
Keep talking.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>511709
>>511699
1-truth
2-lie
>>
WOOOOO

DORF ORTRESS QUEST
>>
There's no way you can admit you were kicked out...

>Lolor:"I'm... here to see my relative!"
>Farmer:"Oh, really? What's their name?"
>Lolor:"Uh... Urist."
>Farmer:"Oh, Urist! What a great guy, you know...

He proceeds to tell you all about the great adventures he had with Urist as a kid. Just when you think you'd rather be trampled by an angry elephant than listen to any more, you turn a corner and see it: Gatefrenzies.

Thanks for participating everyone. I think this is a good stopping point, and I really need to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow to continue.
>>
There it is, the infamous Gatefrenzies. It's... less impressive than you imagined. You were imagining a massive stone-brick castle wall built in to the side of the mountain, with massive statues of dwarven warriors keeping watch over the entrance. All you can see from the outside, though, is the entrance, a couple farms up on a flat part of the hill, and a pen for the animals with a little hut near it. This place must be pretty wealthy to be so popular with such minimal design, that or the Fortress Overseer put all the design into the inside of the Fortress.

Speaking of the Overseer, as you approach the gate, you see him standing their, most likely to give a friendly welcome to—

>Overseer:"Everyone form a line! When it's your turn give me your name and profession, and I will assign you a job. Arguing won't get you anywhere, except prison, probably."

Nevermind.

[1/2]
>>
How can one differentiate a male and female dwarf?
>>
You observe as the dwarf in front of you checks in.

>Overseer:"Next!"
>Dwarf:"My name is Asen Paintslaps, and I'm a cook, the greatest cook in Palacedance, I'll have you know."
>Overseer:"That's wonderful, so... looks like you'll be a Hammerdwarf in the Military,"
The Cook's jaw drops.
>Overseer:"So head down those stairs and go down the hall to the armory, then back down the hall to the barracks. Got it? Good, Welcome to Gatefrenzies. Next!"
The Cook is visibly angered by this turn of events.
>Cook:"You cant just draft me into the military like that! I didn't come here to smash things with hammers for the rest of my life!"
>Overseer:"Well, where would you rather be, the military, or prison?
The overseer smirks as the cook walks away, grumbling to herself.

Looks like it's your turn. Oh boy.

>Lolor:"My name is Lolor Bridgeyawned, I'm a farmer."
>Overseer:"Jesus, how many damn farmers are they gonna..."
He mumbles, then trails off.
>Overseer:"Well then, you'll be a Hammerdwarf as well, you remember the directions I gave that guy, right?"
without waiting for a reply, he continues,
>Overseer:"Great, head on down, welcome to Gatefrenzies. Next!"

Well, you were kind of expecting this. It seems objecting will only get you prison time, so you head downstairs, but, due to the Overseer's hastily given directions, you find yourself lost in no time. This place really is bigger on the inside.

How will you find your way?
>Try to retrace your steps and ask the Overseer again
>Ask a passing dwarf for directions
>Keep wandering aimlessly
>write-in
>>
>>512612
>>Ask a passing dwarf for directions

better hurry up to keep the queue or else the newcomers cannot follow the front
>>
>>512606
If you're talking about how they look, the female ones usually don't have beards. If you're talking about in the narrative, I'll just have to state it directly, since you refer to both genders as "dwarf"
>>
>>512618
I am just joking, relax.
>>
You ask a passing dwarf wearing armor, thinking she would know, being a warrior.
You explain the situation, and when you're done, she laughs, but gives a friendly response

Warrior:"So you're a new recruit, eh? Don't worry about getting lost, everyone finds this place confusing at first. I'll show you the way there."
Lolor:"Oh, you don't have to do that, directions would suffice."
Warrior:"Nah, I like helping out the newbies, and I've got nothing else to do but train anyways. My name's Kol Breachedeye, by the way. I'm a hammerdwarf as well, so we'll be working together."
Lolor:"I'm Lolor Bridgeyawned. Thanks for showing me the way there."
Kol:"Of course! Ah, here we are."

[1/2]

>>512622
Sorry, it's hard to detect sarcasm in written text.
>>
You look into the armory. The furnaces and metalsmiths are hard at work in the front of the room, and in the back is a huge pile of metal ingots, steel armor, and silver weapons.

You pick out a suit of armor and a warhammer that suit you, and head back out. Kol is waiting for you there.

Kol:"Wow, you look awesome! Like you could slay a dragon!"
Lolor:"I can barely hold this hammer, and the armor makes it hard to walk."
Kol:"Hey, don't worry, we'll work on that!"

She leads you down the hall to the Barracks, a massive room, filled with dwarfs training. In the back, the rangers are shooting at targets, and in the front the hammerdwarfs are sparring. Looks like this will be the extent of your life from now on. Kol, being optimistic as always, assures you that you get used to it, and it's not that bad once you can actually walk in armor.

What should you do now?
>start training
>explore the Fortress
>talk to Kol more
>write-in
>>
>>512633
>talk to someone boss-like or find the boss to report duty
>>
You ask Kol who your squad captain is. She points to a dwarf across the room giving a demonstration to some other dwarfs, and says her name is Inod Fortresslaws. You wait until her demonstration is finished, then approach her.

>Lolor:"Excuse me, captain, I'm Lolor Bridgeyawned, a new recruit."
>Inod:"Yes, I was informed of all of the additions to my squad just a bit ago. Now, get back to your training, recruit."

Seems like all of the boss-like people in this fortress are dicks. Oh well, you really should get to training.

You spar with Kol, and she's incredible. She said she was going easy on you, too. Knowing that you can count on her if something bad happens is reassuring. You yourself do pretty well too, though. You think you could get used to this pretty quickly.

[1/2]
>>
File: 5418413628_786f725b0a_b.jpg (49KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
5418413628_786f725b0a_b.jpg
49KB, 563x800px
It's now the 2nd of Hematite, 475. In the two months that you've been training, you've surpassed most of the other recruits that came from your caravan. Nothing much has happened though. You've come to wish for something you can fight for real.

And, almost as if planned by some omniscient force, the fortress is put under an alert and the military is being called outside. Kol smiles more brightly than you've ever seen before, then runs off for the stairs. It is a bit exciting, you have to admit.

As you reach the front gate, you can see them, an approching army of... only about 20 undead? They must either be really cocky or really stupid to attack a fortress with a military of over 50 dwarfs.

Your squad rushes into battle. You pick an undead elf as your target, but how should you approach?

Pick one and roll 1d100 for success, try to explain how you attack in specific detail, where on the enemy's body, with your weapon or your shield, etc. (if you've played Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode, it should be like that combat system)
>Normal attack
>Powerful attack, less speed
>Quick attack, less power
>Stay on the defensive

Hint: certain types of attacks are better against certain types of enemies
>>
Also I forgot to mention you have a shield as well as your hammer.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>512675
i will try

lower my body to allow maximum coverage of shield and rush into the undead elf

quick attack with hammer (a side swing) aiming its leg and try to make it fall and immobilize , follow by breaking the skull
>>
>>512675
Stay on the defensive
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>512675
>>512688
ops forgot dice
>>
>>512687
You run towards the elf, holding your shield up, then quickly swing at it's leg. It falls over, but because of your forward momentum combined with your swing, you do as well!

You recover unscathed, and the elf stands back up. You seem to have injured the elf's leg, though as it is visibly limping.

How will you attack now?

Pick one and roll 1d100 for success, try to explain how you attack in specific detail, where on the enemy's body, with your weapon or your shield, etc. (if you've played Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode, it should be like that combat system)
>Normal attack
>Quick attack, less power
>Stay on the defensive

I have to leave for a bit, sorry it's so abrupt. Leave your commands for this attack, and I'll be back later.
>>
>>512675
We now have a speed advantage, so go for a powerful attack to head. Kill it (again) in a single blow.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>512699
Go for one of its arms. I want to destroy any offensive capabilities before we go for the killing blow.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>512700
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.