[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken World: Multi-civ Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: 565a5c6c48c9db89.png (4MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
565a5c6c48c9db89.png
4MB, 4000x2000px
Four decades ago the world was torn asunder by a triple catastrophe. Wicked spirits emerged from a long dormant but foolishly reawakened artifact to inhabit the bodies of the dead and living alike; twisting and mutating them into horrible mockeries of what they once were. Occultists, seeking power and safety, summoned into the world their dark gods from the Else - the place from which all magical power is said to flow. They killed without mercy, carving out a new empire of the damned. The torrent of magical and otherworldly powers clashed with those of existing nations, and the following war leveled mountains and sank continents under the sea. The old nations were dashed. Their people were scattered to the winds. Every power was spent and broken in its struggle and the old threats have subsided - for now.

Your people have begun to rebuild, to reclaim what had once been lost a lifetime ago. In this world both the musket and the sword have equal place. Magic and Technology exist and compete for the favor of Man.

To play you need to fill out these sections
Nation Name:
Nation Fluff:
Nation Color:
Preferred Location:

The more detailed you are with your fluff both in the beginning and in gameplay the easier it will be for me to work with you to get the results you may want.

Rules
Each stat has its own rules associated with its use. No rule is set in stone. They can all be changed through the research and/or development of technology, magic, or practices. Ask and ye shall (potentially) receive. Players are, of course, encouraged to interact with one another in peace or in war as the story of the game is largely what the players make of it.

In this game every player starts out with 2d20 to use to invest their stats into actions, research, and do things they would like done. This could be anything from investing 5 points of industry into making goods for export, granting major currency or culture generation or investing 10 points of power into raiding the trade lanes and coasts of other players. How and what you use your stats for is up to you. Once stats have been invested they are spent.

The remainder of the rules are in the link here
http://pastebin.com/p74bXN9J

I suggest you read them. They're pretty simple. Questions can be directed to me in thread with a simple @GM at the top of the post with your question following.
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d20)

>>510399
I'm down. Rolling nation now.
>>
Rolled 13, 20 = 33 (2d20)

>>510399
Rollan
>>
Rolled 10, 1 = 11 (2d20)

>>510399
Rollan
>>
>>510520
>>510532
>>510551
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I need you to fill out

Nation Name:
Nation Fluff:
Nation Color:
Preferred Location:

so I can give you your stats and location. I don't need anyone to roll 2d20 until after I've done that.
>>
>>510399
Name:Mael
Fluff:A young magocracy formed approximately 28 years ago by practitioners of magic the citizens of this kingdom believe knowledge to be the greatest of pursuits and arcane knowledge doubly so.
Color:Blue
>>
>>510561
Nation Name: Prussia
Nation Fluff: Human Constitutional Monarchy, rule by a King, Has practitoners of magic and science and has morals and ethics. Want to use magic and science. Military and the king go hand and hand, like a strong navy base for military
Nation Color: White
Preferred Location: Top left of the map near the islands
>>
>>510399

Nation: Ascara
Color: Gold
Fluff: Ascara is a small mercantile nation ruled by a council of merchant lords. The pursuit of coin is seen as a duty of all citizens, but only to be used for the prosperity of ascara. Using lies or suffering to profit is seen as the worst in their society. They are not very military minded on land, preferring diplomacy to solve problems. However they have a strong national pride in their naval prowess.
>>
File: T1.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
T1.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
>>510581
Pop: 1 (+1)
Wealth: 2 (+1)
Culture: 1
Power: 2
Industry: 0
Territory: 1

>>510594
Pop: 2 (+1)
Wealth: 1 (+1)
Industry: 1

>>510627
Wealth: 3 (+1)
Power: 1
Territory: 2

You three can take your first turn now.
>>
Rolled 19, 17 = 36 (2d20)

>>510688
Do we roll?
>>
>>510694
Well, be sure to post your stat block with your rolls, and declare what it is you're rolling to do. Are/Are you investing your stats? Are you rolling to build something or research something?
>>
>>510688
-1 wealth to industry
-2 wealth to territory

Ascara seeks to expand their lands South along the coast in the hunt for marketable resources.
>>
>>510688
>>510733
Wealth: 3 (+1)

-1 wealth to industry
-2 wealth to territory

Ascara seeks to expand their lands South along the coast in the hunt for marketable resources.
>>
>>510774
You've forgotten your 2d20.
>>
>>510733
36 to use for stats
My first time playing so forget me, If i'm doing something wrong

>>510781
So to improve our stats do they take 5 to increase one level or just use 1 to increase the stat? From what I rolled?
>>
Rolled 8, 6 = 14 (2d20)

>>510688
1.Wealth to industry
2.Wealth to research magic

Mael seeks to deepen it's knowledge of magic and build up businesses and industry.

>>
>>510795
Why I forgot to change my name!
>>
Rolled 12, 1 = 13 (2d20)

>>510774
>>510781
>>
Rolled 8, 3 = 11 (2d20)

>>510399
Nation Name: Nucleus
Nation Fluff: A medieval city-state under the rule of a time-traveler from the 1950s. Formerly a fishing and trade outpost, now is focused solely on HARNESSING THE UNLIMITED POWER OF THE ATOM.
Nation Color: Uranium green
Preferred Location: Somewhere with access to water and uranium.
>>
>>510688
36 to use for stats

-10 to territory
-11 to Industry
-6 to Culture
-6 to research magic
-3 to power

Prussia goes and colonize the islands south, west, and the main land north to them. Also investing heavy on industry to build more sea related goods and ship building. Also improving on Culture promoting a strong family bonds between father and wife, and having lots of kids for the good of Prussia. Also improving on magic to grow more food and heal people. As well as improving the navy strength just to stop anyone getting ideas.
>>
>>510792
You only need to succeed to get additional stats from an action or to progress in research and construction. Success is anything 10+. Investing into an action will gives you a bonus on that roll. Note that you can only spend the stats that you have right now until you get creative and develop through research an construction methods to use credit.

>>510821
Culture: 2
>>
>>510854
So I go like this?

-1 wealth on Territory go colonize the West island
Rolling to get my industry up?
>>
>>510854
Okay, so each round chose two areas to improve on, room 2d20 for attempt?
>>
>>510867
Close! You'd need to roll d20's for both of those actions, but otherwise what you did is 100% acceptable.

>>510869
Yes, unless you want to use your stats to influence other players but that follows the same formula of d20+investment to determine success. Once something is set up (like foreign investment or a construction site) you can steadily invest 1 point per turn for passive gains at the beginning until you do more development specifically on that subject.
>>
Rolled 18, 1 = 19 (2d20)

>>510878
-1 wealth on Territory go colonize the West island
Rolling to get my industry up?
>>
Rolled 17, 9 = 26 (2d20)

>>510878
Take one wealth on getting more territory.

Research magic.

>>
File: t2.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
t2.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
>>510898
The Colonization goes extremely well and new land is claimed for the Kaiser. On this land a plentiful source of iron is discovered. It will be easier to build industry in the next year. Unfortunately, industry improvements do not go well this year. Workers have banded together to demand higher wages! +1 territory

>>510795
Unfortunately for the government of Mael there's simply no progress to be had this year. Recovery is still underway in many areas and there's a lack of interest in anything but the usual.

>>510811
Ascara expands along its coastline and runs into something that hasn't been seen in quite some time! An Aetherial Cache! Some people say that these used to hold evil spirits, but those are mostly gone now. Right?
+1 territory

>>510920
Be sure to wait for the map update before posting another turn. Diplomacy and player to player fluff doesn't need my input, but rolls can only be done once per turn or with my say-so.
>>
>>510929
Is it the next turn?
>>
>>510954
Yes. The next turn always starts with a map update and the results of your rolls.
>>
>>510920
You don't have to roll again I'll simply take this set.
>>
Rolled 17, 18 = 35 (2d20)

>>510960
Pop: 3 (+1)

Take one wealth on getting more territory go for West island
In stand of higher wages I give them land in the new territory and get them to improve Industry.
>>
Rolled 9, 11 = 20 (2d20)

>>510929
1. Rework the gladiatorial arena into a lecture hall for Nuclear Physics. Attendance is mandatory. (Culture)
2. Mine for uranium, and other radioactive materials. (Industry)

>>
>>510978
We are not that tech level

>>510964
Also how will our wealth increase more than 1 each turn?
>>
Rolled 7, 7 = 14 (2d20)

>>510929
Ascara
Territory: 3

-Explore atherial cache.
-Improve industry.

Last round 2 wealth spent on territory right? So: 3w, -2 for territory, +1 for round, 2w.>>510774

Does improving a stat require spending 1 wealth, or can I just roll for it?
>>
>>510987
No, you are not. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
>>
>>510987
You can build something to generate more cash, or research something economical, or get a player with wealth to invest it into you.

>>510992
You can just roll for it. You don't have to invest, investing just gives a bonus to the roll and might net you something extra.
>>
>>511003
Your time traveler will die of oldage. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
>>
>>511016
You underestimate the capacity of medieval knights to fully grasp the inner mechanics of nuclear fission!
>>
>>511043
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
>>
>>511051
(º͡ ʖ͜ º͡ )
>>
>>510964
Research magic

>>
>>511057
Want to trade? (º͡ ʖ͜ º͡ )
>>
File: t3.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
t3.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
>>510992
Nothing seems to be found in the Cache yet. You could go deeper, but some people have misgivings about opening something so tied to the cataclysm. Industry stalls as graft and corruption gut the effort before it really gets anywhere.

>>510978
As it turns out virtually no one understands nuclear physics. People don't even understand gunpowder really. They just know it exists and some people use it and it's probably made out of horse dung like everything else seems to be. There is some progress made in the mining industry, although no one knows what uranium is so none of that is dug. Plenty of coal though.
+1 industry

>>510977
Territory is settled and on this territory they find several spots that look like they would be good places for housing. The effort to improve industry is a success, as the iron mine opens up and the ore pours forth.
+2 industry, +1 territory

>>510920
Mael expands to new territories, and discovers some useful weapons that could be sold for wealth or turned in to the military to increase power.
+1 territory
>>
>>511067
The Council of Ascara formally request an exclusive trade agreement with Prussia. No request for resources at this moment, merely a treaty to allow such negotiations. We await your Kings reply.
>>
Rolled 3, 18 = 21 (2d20)

>>511182

Pop: 4 (+1)
Industry: 3

-1 wealth to increase my culture by royal degree, the more babies you have with your husband the less taxes you pay. To increase my pop a faster rate
Also rolling to get territory in the main land north of us.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º) Thinking I have a king, the proper term is Kaiser and we agree to this agreement, may we open to trade in the near future.
>>
Rolled 13, 18 = 31 (2d20)

>>511171
(This shaping up for an interesting game, op. Also forgot to add population last round. )

Wealth: 4(+1)

*Atherial Cache

-2 wealth to improve wealth. Attempt to create a standard tax code and enforcement laws.
-2 wealth to industry improvement. Introduce government subsidies to promising new businesses.
>>
>>511227
You know you wealth decrease every time you use it. It don't keep going up.
>>
@GM. Do I keep the wealth I spent towards a roll if it fails? >>510774

If so please subtract 1 wealth from >>511227 spending on wealth improvement. (Sorry if I didn't carry the 1 properly)
>>
This looks interesting.

Is there still room for more players?
>>
Rolled 1, 10 = 11 (2d20)

BLAST!
I overestimated the capacity of medieval knights to fully grasp the concepts of nuclear fission!
>>511171
1. King Jeff (that's the name of the time traveler) calls upon the wisest, most sage knights throughout the kingdom to help the common man understand nuclear physics. He makes sure to speak slowly, and use plenty of diagrams.
2. To anyone (regardless of heritage) who can demonstrate adequate understanding of nuclear physics and pledges to help others to achieve this understanding, Jeff offers a permanent position in the castle, a noble title, and a large portion of the royal coffers. (Use 2 wealth)

Industry: 2
>>
>>511272
Yeah man, make sure to read the rules then post.

To play you need to fill out these sections
Nation Name:
Nation Fluff:
Nation Color:
Preferred Location:
>>
>>511280
(World is destroyed by cataclysm. New King sends out proclamation needing people to learn how to make weapons that can destroy entire cities?

Your going to get assassinated by your own people, mate.)
>>
>>511287
While it is true that THE ATOM has been used for mayhem in the past, I envision a GLORIOUS FUTURE for mankind. One where power is UNLIMITED, and every man has his own FLYING CAR.
GONE will be the days of slave and serf labor!
INFINITE will be the resources available to us!
IMAGINE a world where farms till themselves, disease is eradicated, and cities float in the sky, powered by nothing more than rocks!
THIS is the future I see. I have no interest in using my vast knowledge for mere explosives, but should I be so cornered by you visionless heathens, I will do so.
>>
>>511271
Yes if you invest it even on a failure it's still gone. Sometimes investments don't pan out.

>>511272
There is plenty of room. Just fill this out.
Nation Name:
Nation Fluff:
Nation Color:
Preferred Location:
>>

Research the basics of magic

And try to make use of the lands resources and wealth.
>>
@GM
>>511171
Are those gains (+1 industry) one time only, or do we get them every turn from now on?
If the former, then how can we increase our X generation (where X is culture, industry, etc.)?
Also, could you post the updated stats in addition to the changes wrought by the turn? It would make it a lot easier for us to keep track of stats, and would reduce the chance of errors.
>>
>>511435
The changes for the industry is the former.. That's all I know
>>
>>511435
I think it's permanent until you spend it, industry wise, and you can only increase them by rolling.

Just track your own stats. The less work op has the faster updates we get.
>>
>>511462
Z I'm starting to see you more and more here in /qst/
>>
>>511435
The gains are permanent but are one-time. In order to gain passive generation you'll need to either research forms of generation or construct some buildings along those lines, then invest a stat into them to get automatic conversions. Like building an Iron Mine I then proceed to invest 1 pop per turn into it to generate 1 industry per turn, Once you've built it and made the initial investment it continues growth until turned off. Both investment is divestment in structures is free but can only be done once per turn.
>>
>>511484
Thanks for the clarification, op.

>>511467
(Oops, forgot name. Yeah, I've been hooked on qst the last two weeks. Zero people do tabletop here (guam) so this is a nice alt.)
>>
>>511484
Got it.
>>
>>511509
How many threads are you following right now?
>>
>>511513
None of your business :p
>>
>>511518
I just wanted to know, and I have a idea who you are. :p
>>
>>511523
Actually, I'm you.
>>
File: T4.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
T4.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
Note: If you're looking to make a structure or conduct research please be specific otherwise I'm just going to give you one-time bonuses.

>>511280
The wisest are confused and begin to think that their king might be aethertouched. Soon after there's talk of maybe letting the king abdicate and go into peaceful hermitage someplace far away. Some people come forward claiming to know of physics, but they're really just charlatans that mix stuff together. One of them makes some progress in something though. ??? 1/2

>>511227
Note: You can't invest a stat in itself.
After a number of high-profile arrests and some actual enforcement of the new tax code real headway is made toward a more sustainable economic system. Government subsidies of small businesses is a major hit, and the industrial sector booms. +1 wealth, +2 industry

>>511208
While the kaiser decrees that people should make babies that doesn't actually translate into more babies, or surviving babies as most die within the first 5 years of life anyway. More settlers are sent out and thus more land is claimed.

>>511390
You forgot your dice. Take 4d20 next turn.
>>
Rolled 6, 16 = 22 (2d20)

>>511646
Pop: 5 (+1)
Industry: 3
Territory: 4

-1 Wealth looking into how to make sure that babies survive past the first 5 years of life, send out for the smartest men to see how this is done and will increase babies being born (Culture)

Also make sure that we find a coal mine to go with our iron. Maybe the island to the south will have some.
>>
Rolled 20, 9 = 29 (2d20)

>>511646
Ascara
Pop: 4 (+1)
Wealth: 3(+1)

*Atherial Cache
*Trade Agreement: Prussia

-Explore atherial cache regardless of the publics worries. Profit requires risk.
-3 wealth. Expand territory South towards the mountains.
>>
>>511724
Good roll for the cache

*Iron Mine
*Trade Agreement: Prussia
>>
Rolled 7, 12 = 19 (2d20)

>>511646
"Now I understand the problem," muses Jeff, "the people do not yet fully APPRECIATE the MARVEL OF THE ATOM."
1. He retires into his chambers, using his last stores of plutonium (saved from before the timeleap for emergencies) to create a MARVEL. Something to INSPIRE the masses, and get them INTERESTED IN NUCLEAR PHYSICS. (culture)
2. "Now to deal with those crackpots. Come on, it's not like this is rocket science! Why, when I was--" Jeff pauses his rant. Scribblings on a papyrus. The work of one of those 'crackpots,' a son of a fisherman, just coming of age. "This... this is extraordinary, if it's right! It's a bit out of my expertise, but... it does ring true."
Jeff decides to take the risk. He sends a letter to the boy, asking to work together, in the royal study. "If your ideas bear fruit, I guarantee you'll be funded for life for your work."

tldr: 1. Jeff builds a MARVEL. +culture
2. Invest in the ???

??? 1/2
>>
>>511755
Look like Jeff doesn't build his Marvel
>>
>>511735
Yeah, I'm thinking we need to find more of these things too to fight these dark gods.
>>
>>511766
Well I think I'll be getting coal soon, right now I have Iron. So maybe in next turn we're see what happen with the magic cache.
>>
>>511762
WHAT? But what will our children do without a new nuclear-powered theme park?
On the bright side, the masses ought to be more than satisfied with what this boy came up with! In my day we gave out doctorates for stuff like this! I'm so relieved to find that I don't live in a world COMPLETELY devoid of intellect.
>>
>>511762
How are we communicating, anyhow?
Aren't we continents apart?
>>
>>511850
Who is this? I'm the Kaiser and I keep getting letter with ^_^. I'm going to have my people look into this, since no ships came to deliver my a letter, it just appeared in my courtroom.
>>
>>511850
I assumed its being hand-waved since requiring territory contact for diplomacy would take us 40 rounds to reach each other.
>>
>>511859
>>511860
Reminds me of the time I lost my quantum teleporter in the time-stream vortex.
Goooooood times.
I'm Jeff. Well, this version of me, anyway.
I'd explain, but it would take a few days/months depending on your intelligence and general level of technological advancement.
>>
dead?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.