[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Officer Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: art by Taurus-ChaosLord.jpg (126KB, 705x1134px) Image search: [Google]
art by Taurus-ChaosLord.jpg
126KB, 705x1134px
Previous Thread:
Setting Background (optional):

You are Kazimir Baradlian. Colonel in the Cortian army, and member of the Cult of Ra, ever since you can remember. You have been incacrecated in the prison of the freshly occupied town. Offically for the death of your fellow Cult member, Commodore Ferlain, whom you've killed for shooting a your retired right-hand man, and his wife of Tirian descent in their home.

This is however just a convenient excuse to punish you for opposing High-Commander Akov's policies and decisions along with your deceased mentor. You've fled when the prison warden gotten too close to your cage while taunting the guy in the opposite cell.

After some scouting you've determined that the Tirian army have sent forces to reclaim their city. However they are being lured into a trap, as the Cortians have threatened most of their forces, and artillery to the surrounding hills, and plan to bombard the city once the enemy is deep enough inside.

You got back into the prison, and managed to strike a deal with the prisoners; they follow your commands, don't kill civilians, and disarmed enemies, and in turn you open their cages, and get them trough this alive.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thread 2 was very very short, and wasn't archived , so I tried to sum up the gist of it
>>
>>509322
Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/400239/
Setting Background (optional): http://pastebin.com/J1NYSWhH
twitter: https://twitter.com/HuntsmanQM

You are at the old house of the town's mayor, now the field HQ of the occupying Cortian forces. One of the prisoners, a shifty looking short fellow, called your attention to a certain part of the roof. According to him he could jump trough and get in a nearby window. There is no lock on that one, and the distance is jumpable.

>A) Smash down the front door and start shooting
>B) Smash down the backdoor
>C) Let in the convict to open the backdoor from the inside
>D) Try to go in trough the window yourself
>E) Write-in
>>
>>509326
>C) Let the convict in to open the backdoor from inside

If that fails

>B) Smash down the backdoor.
>>
>>509331
Writing
>>
File: Old typewriter.jpg (108KB, 756x400px) Image search: [Google]
Old typewriter.jpg
108KB, 756x400px
>>509331
>>509353
You and the press-ganged criminals stop a few corners away from the house. You nod courtly to the man, as conformation, and he qucikly starts climbing the nearby house. Grabbing loose bricks, and window frames, he makes his way to the top. He takes a few steps back, then runs toward the wall of the manor. He grabs onto the ledge he spoke of , and even manages to stop himself from slamming into the wall. He hoists himself up and indeed; the window is open.

After a few minutes of silence, you give the sign to your companions, and move in. You wait a long minute before the backdoor, when the pockmarked face of the thief appears from behind it. He opens the door wide, and motions you in.

The inside of the house looks almost like you remember. However with a lot less documents and untouched furniture. It seems the Cortians took to looting before abandoning the place, packing up most of their items in the process. Makes sense; why leave your stuff if you intend to bomb it?

Some people remain tough. Two men in Cortian uniform stand around a large transmission device. A third is examining some papers a few steps away, and a fourth is operating it.

>A) Wait and listen
>B) Get in, start killing
>C) Get in and try to take them alive
>D) Leave
>E) Write-in
>>
>>509358

>C) Try to take them alive
>>
File: IGuessWe'llDoThat.jpg (16KB, 181x192px) Image search: [Google]
IGuessWe'llDoThat.jpg
16KB, 181x192px
>>509358
>C) Get in and try to take them alive

Mercy is a Virtue
>>
>>509375
>>509391
Writing
>>
>>509375
>>509391
>>509400
"We'll take them alive" you say turning back, making sure all of the convicts understand. With drawn rifles, and pistols you march into the room. The soldiers are a little taken aback when they turn around, and two dozen of maraduers are standing behind them, with a dozen firearms levelled at them.

"Hands in the air" you say, and they obey without any further ado. You order your band to take their weapons.

So that's how being a robber must feel like. - remark in yourself bitterly. Well at least they are alive.

>A) Question them (Write in)
>B) See if you can find anything interesting around (What to look for?)
>C) Go elswhere
>D) Write-in
>>
If there are no ideas about what to look for/ask for then I could just write the options
>>
>>509425

>A

> When will the bombing start and what's the plan to get the men out?
>>
>>509425
>A) Question them (Write in)
Where did the rest of our forces go?
What were their orders?
Where can we find Akov?
and of course >>509436

>B) See if you can find anything interesting around (What to look for?)
Search for any documents that may be of interest, including letters, etc
>>
>>509439
also the lads should probably look for arms too. As nice as enthusiasm is, even a great abundance of it can't stop a bullet.
>>
>>509425

>A) Ask when the bombing will commence and how the soldiers will get out.

Might be able to get us a sweet escape route.
>>
>>509436
>>509439
>>509440
>>509454

Writing
>>
>>509464
>>509454
>>509440
>>509439
>>509436
"Who is in charge here?" you ask. No reply for a few seconds, as the soldiers share a look. Finally the one who held the paper steps forward.
"When will the bombing commence?" you ask. He obviously seems uncomfortable, and tried to deny it. "I have no idea what are you talking ab.."
"Do NOT!" - you say and the words stop on his throat – "I have seen the formation, recognize the pattern, know what is coming. Do not bullshit me." You step closer to him.
"I ask you again, when, will, the, bombing, commence?"
"Fourth-eight minutes, we are supposed to give the retreat signal to the troops."
"And how do you leave the city"?
He gulps loudly and remains quiet for half a minute. You are about to ask again when he speaks up
"There are expanded cellars throughout the city, the troops are instructed to go there once the retreat is sound. I'll tell you where, if you give your word that you either let us go, or let us get to one of them before the strike commences"

Meanwhile your men search the building. A few tri-shot pistols taken from the soldiers are all the arms you mange to get from here. Most of the papers are just junk, or documents left behind when this place still belonged to the Town's mayor. The only paper worth having is the one held by the communications officer. You recognize radio frequencies, and some codes.

>A) "Fine"
>B) "No deal" (violence)
>C) "Fine" (Lie)
>D) "We'll find some ourselves"
>E) "A few other things first" (Ask the other questions first)
>>
>>509543

>A) Fine. But you're coming with us.
>>
>>509543
>>509552
This
>>
>>509543
>>A) "Fine"
>>
>>509552
This
>>
>>509552
>>509554
>>509564
>>509569
Locking in, writing
>>
>>509552
>>509554
>>509564
>>509569
>>509572
Sorry for the long wait, I've pushed my shift key a bit too long, lockingdown the keyboard without any idea of how to fix it.

"Fine but you are coming with us". The man seems to relax a little, albeit very slightly. The idea of being your prisoner probably doesn't appeal to him"
"Very well, the.."
"What are you crazy?" speaks up another "what are you doing you fil.." He is interrupted as on of the prisoners smacks him from behind.
"You know the protocol!" protests the accused "In position or not, the bombing commences, and then we are all mincemeat! And you know who you are dealing with" – giving you a sideglance here- "they always keep their word."

With some directions, you learn the location of some of the most major locations. With some rope, the captured Cortians get tied up. With their arms around their waist, so they can still run, not slowing you down.

"Where is Akov?"
"The High-Commander this morning. He left us with these orders, and rode back to the capitol."

>A) Send the signal to the luring Cortian forces to go the the shelter
>B) Send the signal to the luring Cortian forces to push back instead
>C) Try to stop the bombardment by ambushing the cannons
>D) Find one of the shelters, and get as many people in as you can
>E) Write-in
>>
>>509659
>D) Find one of the shelters, and get as many people in as you can
>>
>>509659
Question to the OP: do we think, in our experience, that the shelters would actually work? if so:
>A) Send the signal to the luring Cortian forces to go the the shelter

We're prisoners, not traitors after all.

else... we might need a new plan
>>
>>509659

>A)

and >D)

if possible.
>>
>>509690
>the shelters would actually work?
Indeed, throwing away soldiers like that destroys the trust in the chain of command, so Akov probably believed it would work.
>>
>>509719
Well we know that will work....

But what if we could capture the town and hold it from counter-attack without destroying it? If we gave the order to push back, and re-captured the guns so we could turn them to support our own assault, we might be able to hold the town without destroying it.

What do you gents think?
>>
>>509738
And I forgot: we might get a pardon AND prove our doctrine at the same time. Prolly get pardons for all the dudes with us too.
>>
>>509744
>>509738

How are we taking this town in 48 minutes?
>>
>>509738
As we are nowI don't see us capable of accomplishing that.
>>
Well then, writing.
>>
>>509676
>>509690
>>509705
Mr Internet decided to sass with me, sorry for the wait.
Important detail; do you want to do both A and D?
>>
>>509856
Yea
>>
>>509856
Yes
>>
>>509856

I do. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>509856
Yes
>>
>>509864
>>509866
>>509868
>>509871
okay then

"Send them the signal then. They are just soldiers doing their job." you say. With some surprised expressions going around the communications officer obeys. You of course keep a close watch on him and the coding table, to make sure he doesn't send anything he shouldn't.

"All seems to be in order. Now we are going to go around and get the people into shelters."
"B-but, there are not enough for everyone" – protests the comms officer. - " there are just enough for the soldiers, and we've called them back"

>A) "In the coming chaos, the Tirian forces might suspect something is wrong"
>B) "They will be dead anyways, might as well cause some chaos where we can escape"
>C) "We can take the artillery while the crowd holds up military advance"
>D) "You are right, we better not cause a panic"
>E) Write-in
>>
>>509882

> E) Write-In

It is our duty as soldiers to minimize collateral damage. As many as we can.
>>
>>509895

"It is our duty as soldiers to minimize collateral damage. As many as we can."

"But, the shelters were only made to accommodate the retreating troops, there are no room for others. They'll massacre any citizens who'll get in the way."

What's your plan?
>Write-in
>>
>>509940

Any man who kills a citizen should be recieving a bullet from his commander. But we are only getting in those that WE can. We're not ordering anyone else to act.
>>
>>509940
Apologies, just got back from a quick errand.

We'll take as many civilians as we can the hell out of town. Unfortunately there may be some casualties from this.

Not much else to do unfortunately. release the prisoners, and get a move on.
>>
>>509950
>>510363
Alright I'll get to it
>>
>>509950
>>510363
>>510470
I am out of juice, I'll continue tomorrow, around 9AM EST and 1PM GMT
>>
>>509950
So, what, that's just one cellar's worth. That's the extent of your plan?

>>510363
If we're the only one getting people out of town, that's going to be a pretty small group with the rest of the city's population left to die.

I'm coming in to this late, but fuck did you guys shit things up from last thread.
And you haven't even secured the girl we're supposed to be looking after, or identified where our unit and adjutant are located.
>>
>>511990
ManusQM abandoned us again.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.