[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vereingjar Quest, #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: Vereingjar Quest_2.png (266KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
Vereingjar Quest_2.png
266KB, 640x320px
Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies
Of one who has done well

Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But I know one thing that never dies,
The glory of the great dead

~Vereingjar proverb

Welcome to the second thread of Vereingjar Quest! Your name is Erland, a combat medic currently serving on a Vereingjar frigate. During your latest mission something went south. Twelve brave men and women got dropped on an alien planet with orders to raid the aboriginal creatures inhabiting it; half of you survived. After being put in charge you managed to get the dysfunctional group of survivors to safety in, more or less, one piece. Now your story continues.

Character sheet: http://pastebin.com/W1aYZr7A

Last thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/492711/
>>
The solid chemical booster’s roar comes to a sudden halt, and everything goes quiet. Even though you’re strapped in your seat tightly you can feel the sensation that is weightlessness. Once Drekkar’s radars sniff you out they’ll be able to make radio contact and arrange for docking.

You did well today. I sure as shit wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. I’m in your debt, shieldmaiden.

“No, no you’re not” Dana answers with her eyes fixed on Gier, who’s still unconscious. “Few Vereingjar would risk their life for a tráel, for one of us, for a… slave. But you did, over and over. I’m forever thankful, but Doctor, may I ask why?”

>”Life is precious, and I take great pride in saving it, no matter whom it belongs to.”
>”He’s of more use to everyone alive than dead, wouldn’t you agree? We could not afford to lose any more able warriors, it was worth the risks.”
>”It was foolish of me, no doubt. He can consider himself lucky, I won’t put myself in such danger for a slave again.”
>”You may not.”
>Write in
>>
>>506779
>”Life is precious, and I take great pride in saving it, no matter whom it belongs to.”
>>
File: Drekkar.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Drekkar.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>506819

Life is precious, and I take great pride in saving it, no matter whom it belongs to. You realize it sounds a bit cheesy, but it’s the truth.

“Well that is very noble of you, Doctor. Thank you, once again; I’ll make sure Gier knows what you have done for him, once I’m able to.”

Out the tiny window you can see the turquoise planet turning slowly underneath you. Amazing how a place which seemed so horrific has turned breathtakingly beautiful in less than an hour, you just had to ‘zoom out’ a bit.

”Pssssshhhtttt - Drekkar to AV-4.4 and 4.5, we got you in our sights. Taking over onboard thrust controls within thirty seconds, prepare for docking. Over.”

Good thing I don’t have to dock manually, I don’t know why but people seem to assume that, since I’m a surgeon, I’d also be good at maneuvering a spacecraft. Not true!

The docking goes smoothly. You align with Raoul, Torsten, and Einar’s capsule for the last part, resulting in Raoul waving to you sarcastically. You’re greeted by the Chieftain’s own guard, which also operates as peacekeepers onboard the frigate. You suppose they just wanted to make sure what came out of those AVs were, in fact, human.

You have to pass a few medical examinations (some of which you designed yourself) in order to bypass quarantine. No problem. Gier is sent directly to the medical bay; you can tell Dana is about to protest their separation but stops herself. Slaves are not permitted to engage in relationships, it is deemed to raise the risk of revolt. Another official reason is controlling the slave population, something that previously was done through oophorectomy. A step in the right direction, you figure.

“Only five?” The Chieftain’s voice is drenched with disgust. “Actually ma’am, there were six survivors. A tráel has been brought directly to receive medical attention. Last I heard his condition is sta…” the guard gets interrupted, “I give a rat’s ass about the slave’s condition! Erland, you were second in command when your mission launch, you stand before me in first. I’m still missing a lot of details, details that can wait. There will be a meeting first thing in the morning, but tell me, was the mission at least partially successful? Did you manage to bring back the CH4?”

Ahem, no ma’am, I’m afraid we did not. The risks were t...

“First thing in the morning, medic. Sleep well, for all it’s worth.”

>Go to your chambers, you need some rest
>Go to the medical bay, your expertise is needed
>Go see your sister
>Write in
>>
>>506873
>Go see your sister
Need to make time for family also. He's only human.
>>
File: Erland and Hannah.png (1MB, 575x372px) Image search: [Google]
Erland and Hannah.png
1MB, 575x372px
>>506892
The Chieftain was obviously displeased, and perhaps you shouldn’t be so surprised; she lost six of her finest raiders today. You hope she’ll be in a better mood come morning, maybe she’ll even realize you played a vital part in getting the remaining six home safely.

“Hey, Doc. You did good down there, don’t let that old hag give you a hard time. Well come to think of it you probably should let her, but don’t take it too personal is what I’m trying to say here.”

Thank you Raoul, I appreciate it. You did your job and then some, Torsten too, tell him I said that, okay? I have a feeling he wouldn’t mind hearing it.

“Will do, Erland. Until next time, eh?”

You part ways. It’s time you let Hannah know you’re alive, she must be sick from worrying. Your sister is five years older than you, but sometimes you wonder if it’s not the other way around. She’s the smartest person you know, and the most childish. She’s a researcher, it’s hard to specify further. Last month she developed a new iridium alloy, the month before a drug which affects the limbic system in the brain which could be used to medically suppress emotions during combat; the latter is still in the testing stage.

Three weeks ago, when the two of you boarded Drekkar, was the first time she left the Vereingjar Space Station, VSS. The council had decided she was needed on some top secret research mission. She has not told you what it is, apparently you’re one of the few people that even knows there is a top secret research mission. You’ve told yourself to not think about it too much.

“Erland! Erland where have you been you were supposed to return eight hours ago! Standard raids have average time frame margin of 14 minutes and 3 seconds.” She hugs you while spouting statistics you could not care less about, “What. The fuck. Happened?”

You tell her everything, start to finish.
“Holy shit, that ambátt sounds like quite a badass, huh? I’d like to meet her! Besides, carbon fibered handle? Pfft, poor girl is missing out on a couple centuries of tech!”

>”Maybe I’ll arrange that! It’d be nice to share the load of listening to your ramblings with someone.”
>”Hannah? She is, indeed, quite a badass, but she’s still a slave. Even if I wanted to… People would start talking.”
>Ask about secret research
>Ask about new tech
>Say goodbye, write in
>Write in
>>
>>507023
>”Maybe I’ll arrange that! It’d be nice to share the load of listening to your ramblings with someone.”
>Ask about new tech
I like the sister already.
>>
I'm off to eat. I'll be back for sure.
>>
I'm back.
>>
File: hannah.jpg (68KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
hannah.jpg
68KB, 630x420px
>>507229
Perfect timing!

>>507047
Maybe I’ll arrange that! It’d be nice to share the load of listening to your ramblings with someone. You can’t help yourself from grinning, [blue}and to be honest she seemed quite happy with her axe. Who knows though, I’ll just send her up here and let her answer for herself.

“That’s what I’m talking about little bro! Helping me make friends while I’m busy keeping our faction from falling behind in the intergalactic tech-race!”

Hey, speaking of tech, got anything new? You know, something that’s actually useful?

“Really weird tactic, Erland, asking me for something by insulting the tech… I’m just kidding! I know you’re fuckign around, who could possibly deny the usefulness of, for example, baby back ribs scented air freshener!?” She pulls out a vial and raises it proudly over her head; you give her a meaning look. “Fine! Raiding stuff… Well I told you about the chromium-iridium alloy right? Should make some sturdy ass, edges. The berserks are already in line getting their weaponry remodelled. Oh! I almost forgot!” Her eyes are basically glowing with excitement, “I had so many spare parts left after repairing that scout’s railgun, what’s his name again? Ralph? Anyways, capacitor pointed crossbow bolts! How cool is that? You just gotta remove the protective casing after loading it, then whe… if you hit something, it’ll get a nasty shock! This stuff took all Saturday you better love it.”

I do love it! I’m sure they’ll come to good use, thanks Hannah. I gotta get going now, been a pretty long day, you know.

“Yeah, no worries. Will you have breakfast with me tomorrow?”

I’m afraid I have to attend a meeting, or briefing… The Chieftain gave me specific orders. I’ll see you around though, sis. I’ll let Dana know you’d like to see her.
You put the five electric bolts Hannah crafted in your pocket and leave.

(1/2)
>>
>>507233
You were so tired when you got back to your quarters yesterday, you barely remember going to bed. You wake up from the artificial sunlight spreading across your room. Damn you’re sore. You force yourself to get up and head towards the command bridge.

The Chieftain and her councillors are seated at the end of a large table. Raoul and Torsten are here as well, and the ambátt representative; an old Vereingjar women in charge of the female slaves.

“We are here to discuss what happened yesterday, and what our options are for the next mission.” the Chieftain announces.

“New mission?” Raoul protests, “You’d be hard-pressed to find a man more eager to raid than me on this ship but ma’am, with all due respect, we just got back.”

“Drekkar does not run off of laziness, if she was we’d be halfway to VSS by now. We need fuel, urgently. And you will get it for me. We had to leave the orbit of our last target, but there are other options… Councillor?”

“Ahh, ahem, yes. Yes, of course. There are other options, indeed.” The old man must be in his seventies, “we got positive intel of compatible fuel sources on, hmm let’s see here, two different planet’s, and an asteroid. We consider the targets equally well suited for our ambitions. I had my personal tráel make sure you were all sent copies of the targets’ files, hmm yes, very tech-savvy that one. I trust you have gotten the information?”

You had. The first planet is quite small, but covered with high tech civilization. Under the title “Mission Strategy” it only says “stealth”. The second planet is apparently uninhabited by humanoid species, but crawling with beasts ranging in size from that of a mouse to that of a large ship, as well as various natural hazards. The third potential target, the asteroid. The atmosphere-lacking rock is under heavy mining by the Krimzih Order, it seems the plan is to steal the fuel meant for the massive mining machinery.

“Well, Erland you were in charge back on CR-43, what say you now?” The Chieftain, and everyone else, now look to you for a decision.

>Choose a mission. Motivation appreciated.
>Write in.
>>
>>507246
>The first planet
They did loose a lot of raiders to alien monsters. Let's see how stealth goes.
>>
>>507259
Ehm, I get to decide? Well, alright then… Hmm, considering we lost about a third of Drekkar’s raiders yesterday, I believe a stealth approach would be best. What was the planet called again?
“Trehm. A fine choice, I agree with your reasoning.” the Chieftain says, “I’m planning on sending the three of you as well as three ambátt or tráel warriors of your choosing. I believe Ingrid here could provide you with a list of suitable candidates.” Ingrid was the ambátt representative, “You will not be taking the dropships, but the jets. They’re the only vehicles we have with stealth technology, save for Drekkar herself. You will leave for Trehm in two days, understood?”

You had understood.

After the meeting you went to the ambátt quarters, seeking out Dana.

“Doctor, what are you doing here? I have not seen you since we docked.”

>”I want you on the next mission, we launch the day after tomorrow”
>”My sister would very much like to meet you, she says she’d like to offer a weapon upgrade. I’m warning you though, she can be… talkative.”
>”I came to ask about Gier, any news?”
>Write in
>>
>>507332
>”I want you on the next mission, we launch the day after tomorrow”
>”My sister would very much like to meet you, she says she’d like to offer a weapon upgrade. I’m warning you though, she can be… talkative.”
>>
File: Dana.jpg (11KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dana.jpg
11KB, 236x345px
>>507360
I came here because I want you on the next mission, we launch the day after tomorrow. You’re familiar with the concept of stealth, right?

“So soon? I… I’m at your service Doctor.” She looks down at the ground, you can tell she would rather not go on this mission. Having Dana with you on the mission is more important than whatever is weighing her down, though. You try to lift her spirits by bringing up Hannah.

There’s one more thing; I doubt you’ve met her, but I have a sister on board, Hannah. She would very much like to meet you, she says she’d even like to offer a weapon upgrade. Oh, did I mention she’s the one behind 60% of technological advancements made by the Vereingjar? ’m warning you though, she can be… talkative. Just drop by her lab in C- wing, later today perhaps. You force a smile and Dana’s mood seems to lighten a bit.

“Is that even permitted? If you say I can, and if she wants me to, I will visit her. Thank you.”

Don’t worry about it. Like I told her yesterday: I’m simply doing myself a favour by sharing the load of listening to her! You’ll understand what I mean soon enough.
>>
Will be cutting it a bit short tonight. Pretty tired and running dry on ideas. Thank you for playing! If you have question or critique I'd be more than happy to answer them/recieve it.
>>
>>507435
Thank you for running.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.