[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron kingdoms Role play: Fantasy, Magic, Steampunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 13

File: cover image.jpg (503KB, 2000x1284px) Image search: [Google]
cover image.jpg
503KB, 2000x1284px
Welcome to the world of the Iron Kingdoms! A land full of magic, war, and adventure. This land holds many secrets and wonders, but be warned, the iron kingdoms are unforgiving. Together we will create a brand new story, you the posters will control exactly what happens to your hero or villain. You may find yourself being a powerful mage known as a warcaster with the ability to command large steam powered robots known as WarJacks. Perhaps your more in it for the coin, you like to be knee deep in the shit of things, and come out clean and rich on the other side. Maybe your just working your way through the army one corpse at a time. The choices are yours, who you are is your own design, but who you will become is all up to Iron kingdoms.
In this first part, players will have the chance to vote for their characters items, race, and background. Each choice will decide the roads you may take and where they lead.
Actions will also be determined by a roll of 2D6, 1's will take 3 points off the final number.
I will be online for many many hours today, if interest seems high enough we can have many sessions. About me, I am a D&D dungeon master who has been hired by Wizards of the Coast many times to professionally DM for conventions. This role play is based in the world and on the game Warmachine&Hordes by privateer press.
>>
>>498392

Sounds interesting. Whats up for vote first?
>>
File: battle1.jpg (304KB, 1116x716px)
battle1.jpg
304KB, 1116x716px
Your first choice will be the nation you are under, to keep things simple we will go with the basic ones. Your nation will determine you starting career, your initial loadout, and a good place to start.
Cygnar: A nation rich with resources and tech, they invented the key component to make warjacks function, as well as perfect tesla technology. Cyganr may be wealthy in its roots but its histroy is soaked in blood, and you dont get where you are today without burying a few people along the way.
Khador: With their origins set deep in Russian lore, they are a proud but poor nation, they are highly resource starved in a cold place. They make up for the losses in proud culture, strong men, and a will to survive
Menoth: In a world where god is a known fact, the protectorate of menoth follows and worships their god with absolute unshakable faith. The menite church believes the true path for men is to be cleansed in holy fire.
Cryx: A nation led by a dragon named Toruk, they are a diverse and powerful nation, unfortunately most of the nations inhabitants are undead thralls. But some find themselves working for the cryx with their souls intact.
Mercenaries: Outcasts of other nations, their loyalty is kept in hard cold iron and gold, they are led by powerful leaders and hold a honor code among themselves, but life for a mercenary is never easy, getting your hands dirty is just part of the day.
>>
>>498452

Mercanaries
>>
>>498452
Cryx
>>
File: dealer.png (1MB, 1600x659px) Image search: [Google]
dealer.png
1MB, 1600x659px
Figured as much, I'm going to give it just a few more minutes see if I can spark some more interest, if not then we can go solo for now, also if you have nay friends, feel free to invite them
>>
File: cryx jack1.jpg (449KB, 928x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cryx jack1.jpg
449KB, 928x1200px
Look another! one vote cryx / one vote mercs
>>
File: merc jack1.jpg (387KB, 636x583px)
merc jack1.jpg
387KB, 636x583px
One more minute and we will move on with our starting nation as Mercenaries
>>
File: mercs1.jpg (36KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
mercs1.jpg
36KB, 564x423px
So you have chosen the life of a mercenary. Some would say that was a poor decision, but you are not those people. You love the daily grind and the thrill of battle, you never fit in anywhere else but among the over thugs you call family.. To be a merc you have to have balls and heart. So let me get some suggestions for a name and gender. Voting will last for 10 minutes or 8 votes, which ever comes first.
>>
>>498527

Male

Artemis
>>
>>498581
I'm supporting this, simply because it doesn't look like there'll be enough votes.
>>
File: warjack repair.png (2MB, 1600x659px) Image search: [Google]
warjack repair.png
2MB, 1600x659px
Alright Artemis, Lets give some thought about who you are as a person. Were you born into the mercenaries life? Are you a retired war veteran outcasted after his service? Who you were before may not matter in the end but its a good starting point. You can be anything and everything between those, I cant work with whatever you come up with.
>>
>>498527
Male
Grokan
>>
>>498527
>>498581
I like this
>>
>>498603
Ex military, dishonorably discharged for killing a companion
>>
File: battle2.jpg (105KB, 936x589px) Image search: [Google]
battle2.jpg
105KB, 936x589px
>>498606
Hey welcome back! I appreciate the vote but we already have a name, but please stick around their is a lot of more fun to be had. right now we are voting for a starting background. I know this seems grim now, but the way the world works and the way I can spin a story will draw many more in
>>
>>498616

How about instead we were caught stealing and selling valuable information to the enemy before escaping and joining the mercanaries
>>
>>498636
I'll go with that
>>
File: menoth1.jpg (307KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
menoth1.jpg
307KB, 1920x1200px
>>498657
Well then, it seems you may have had other ideas for where your life was going. It seems one ultimate mistake has sent your life in ruin, but it also seems you arnt going down without a fight. Now that you are merc, you need to find your own place among them, this will be your current career. It can be a soldier, assassin, mechanic, mage, and anything in between, voting starts now!
>>
>>498680

Thief/spy mix trained as an assassin but prefers not to kill.
>>
File: assassin1.jpg (351KB, 1169x1600px) Image search: [Google]
assassin1.jpg
351KB, 1169x1600px
Sounds good, so you are more of a scout trained in the art of espionage and infiltration. Though you really try not to make a mans life, sometimes you have no choice. So when push comes to shove what is your chosen instrument of defense?
>>
>>498680
Mechanic/Mage
>>
>>498763
Explosives
>>
>>498763

Mainly daggers because they are easily hidden although he is trained in larger weapons, he just doesn't carry them very often

>>498779

Carries explosives too
>>
File: battle3.jpg (73KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
battle3.jpg
73KB, 600x706px
>>498787
Ok that sounds good, so you are a master of the hidden blade, what you can do with just a few inches of steel many men could not do with a full sized great blade. Though you like to keep things quiet and quick, sometimes you just have to go out with a bang. You keep a few choice explosives on you at all times, but what type are they?
>>
File: gormen1.jpg (56KB, 622x644px) Image search: [Google]
gormen1.jpg
56KB, 622x644px
The character so far if anyone wants to join in! if the group decides we can start from scratch too
>>
>>498814
Hoe many types? The more the better i say.
Maybe 1 conventional type that just blows up (could be magic enhanced for a bigger bang)
Second more poison oriented (less of a bang more of side effects)
3rd i really have this wacky idea now i need to share. A smokebomb like device that creates a preaty large smoke cloud and also a smaller pinkish orange cloud that allows people to phase through objects. Could be used both as an escape tool and offensivly to phase enemies a floor bellow or such.
>>
>>498814
Mostly conventional ones that go boom.
Some with bigger boom.
Some with disorienting effects such as Flashbangs or Smoke bombs.
>>
File: mage1.jpg (79KB, 501x688px)
mage1.jpg
79KB, 501x688px
Anyone still lurking, shall we try again or perhaps continue?
>>
>>499543
Im still lurking about. Curious if this story. And probably 2 mkre and you. But it was 3 am when you typed that so i was sleeping xD.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.