[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Len Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: elf_child_by_sakimichan-d4oxa56.jpg (152KB, 816x979px) Image search: [Google]
elf_child_by_sakimichan-d4oxa56.jpg
152KB, 816x979px
Today's your fifth birthday celebration. The whole household is bustling with joyous laughter. It's the afternoon, a cake is on the dining table for you to enjoy. Your Father, Mother, Brother and Sister are too sited at the table Smiling at you.

"Well what are you waiting for Len? Make a wish. We want to enjoy the cake too!" Your older brother says frowning at you, but not convincing in the slightest.

You look at the candle. Think about your those around you. About your Father, Delfor Lord of Iwis. Your Mother Lady Hiera, the epitome of Motherly Love. Your Brother Quell , Heir to the Lordship. Your Older Sister Viona, Who's Already betrothed and will leave in a few year. The Kind servant who were by your side, and the lack of friend you have.
And Finally you think about yourself,Lennerick, Last born of the family, even at your age you realize that you have no destined path like your family, you wont get any land, and your family can't afford a huge Academy for you to learn in,but maybe fate will provide you with opportunity.

The Flame of the Candle flicker before you. You blow the candle.

What do you wish for?
>>
>>494293
Power.

Wishing vaguely is always a good idea.
>>
You don't know what the Future hold, but weakness would surely not be allowed, so you Wish for Power, it can come in many form, but you just hope that a time will come where you have enough of it.

A year passes quietly.

You are sparing with your Brother, holding a small wooden sword. Your started to train with the Sword shortly after your previous birthday.
Your are quite gifted with it, as if the sword was a part of you, you already causes huge headache to your brother even if his 10 years older than you. You can't harm him, but you're agile enough to touch him.
Araan, the Master-at-Arms is standing to the side, watching your duel, a smile on his face.
After another couple of minute he intervene.
"Alright Warriors, I think it's enough for today, go wash yourselves before you mother start lecturing you."

Happy with your stand-off against you brother. You go merrily to the Bathroom.In the Bathtub you keep on thinking about Power, you think you've found the Path you'll walk on, the Sword.

Another couple of year goes on, During this time your prowess with the sword keep on improving, 8 years old, and now only the Master-at-arms is able to stand against you evenly. The Sword has become a part of you, you dream about it. And sometime you stare at Forged sword for hours. You long for one, but inexplicably, none of those you take in hand seems to fit you, after a few round with any, you just feel uncomfortable.

Your father ,one day, come talk to you:
"I know that you're a smart kid, and i see that you dedicate yourself fully to the Way of the Sword. And you also know that you'll hit a wall sooner or later if you stay here, but i can't pay for any Military Academy, the Household can't afford it."

You look at your father in the eye, determination in your heart, you know he wouldn't come here without an idea.

*Sigh*
"But indeed they are other way. The Easiest would be to get yourself sponsored by another Family, you have talent, and surely some mightier Family would pay for strong warrior. I have a few friend in the capital that could introduce you to those kind of family. But you'll have to know that if you get accepted, you'll be forever tied to them, if you ever leave, then your Honor, and Loyalty will be questioned, and your Reputation ruined... The Harder way would be to travel through the wilderness, hunt treasure, and hone your skill through hardship, You already are strong enough to defend yourself against commoner, but the Dangers of the Wilderness is beyond what you've seen before. but at least you'll keep your freedom."

You ponder the word of your father, not sure of the decision you should take.

"Nothing is urgent, take your time to think about it, But no matter your choice, i'll help you with the best i can do."

Looking through your bedroom window, you wonder about the outside.

What path to take?
>>
>>494337
>The hard path.

Let's become an adventurer!

There's more loot that way.
>>
>>494337
>The hard path.

Best rewards come with hard work.
>>
>>494337
Hard path
>>
>>494337
>>
Why shy away in the capital? if you are to go outside, then the whole world will be your path. Adventure will be risky, but only with great risk come great reward.

You spend the next year preparing for your future adventure, talking about it with your family. and finalizing your training. You are now unbeatable in the whole household, even Araan concede against you, praising you as the greatest genius he's ever seen.

At the end of the year. You leave in the middle of the night, your family wanted you to wait till your 10th birthday, but you couldn't, the call of the road was just too much.

Equipped with a short iron sword, a leather armor adapted to your small stature, and a few silver coins. You hit the road to the nearest Town, to get your Adventurer Guild Membership.

After two week of travel, your reach Godan, a Town near the Wilderness border. the road was quite bumpy, and your crossed your path with a few bandit, but you managed to escape every time, not always beating them, but you know how to run, you were never too stubborn and knew when to flee.

The Town's gate are wide open in the middle of the morning when you get there. the street are bustling with activity. After an hour of research you finally find the Adventurer Guild Hall.
You take a deep breath before pushing the door.
Before you is a counter with a young man, in a leather outfit , scribbling on some paper. A huge board beside him, with notes on them.
You also notice an Inn sign, inside the Hall, above a door. the Adventurer guild seems to possess its own Inn.

You walk forward to the counter who's much higher than you.Knocking on it with a silver coin to catch the attention of the Receptionist.

"I would like to gain membership."

His gaze look above you at first, a bit at loss to where the voice come from , then notice you.

"Oh , hello boy, you want to be an adventurer? you should probably come back in a few year, you know it's really dangerous out here." He says, laughing to himself.

You're not surprised by the reaction, but it's still unpleasant,

"I don't mind being refused for a lack of skill, but how do you know i'll fail without testing me?" you say, unyielding.

The expression of the receptionist flicker for a moment, and a blue light flashes through his brown eyes.
He then call out toward the Inn, with a loud voice.

"Barel, we got a test to conduct! bring your huge drunk ass here!"

A few moment later, a 1.9 meter tall, strongly build, but weirdly enough glabrous man, passes the door, a sword in his hand.
He walk to the front door without casting a glance at you, and position himself in a duel stance right before the Hall, a bored look in his eyes.

"Well, what are you waiting for? go beat him!" the Receptionist says with a playful look in his eyes.

You walk forward, and take your stances before the Bulky man.

The duel that ensues is quickly resolved. a throughout beating, for the Bulky man.

It took only 5 moves to knock him out with the flat of your sword
>>
Afterward the receptionist is far less inclined to laugh at you, a serious look on his face, he take your Silver coin, and hand you back an Iron Card, with your name Inscribed on it:

Lennerick Oqre

Along with a number. it's the proof of your membership , and will be used every time you do Adventurer Contract.

You are now standing before the board, reading through the various Mission, you can accept any of them, but only one at a time, no matter the difficulty. They are no ranking inside the Guilds, but if you don't finish the mission in the set time, you'll be considered as having dropped it out, and the Mission available to you will be restricted for a time.

Of all the Mission present, 3 catches your attention:

-Bring back the Head of the Terror of Gelb (a Dire Wolf pack leader who's killed many at the fringe of the Wilderness)

-Bring back the Gem of a Salamander at least the Size of a Fist (Corresponding salamander should be Horse-Sized)

-Defend Simmar (a Small Border village) for a month against Wilderness attack. (until an expedition is sent in the wilderness to purge it)

What to pick as the first Mission?
>>
>>494432
>Bring back the Head of the Terror of Gelb

Killing wolves is a classic quest.

Plus it's a good start on our journey to fame and fortune.
>>
>>494439
Seconding
>>
>>494439
I third this
>>
>>494439
This senpai.
>>
>>494439
Solid idea. Let's go for it!
>>
Let's go for the most straightforward mission, you pick the note, and hand it to the Receptionist for acceptance of the mission. The allowed time is one month, The Reward is 10 Silver.

You set off to the Wilderness, following the few indication that you've received. You don't know anything about tracking, but such a huge beast and pack is bound to leave obvious mark of it's passage.

After a week at the edge of the wilderness, you finally picked clue of their presence.Now that you are on their track, you don't plan on losing them, so you venture in the wilderness.

The following day and night were like a living nightmare. The pack picked up your scent quicker than what you expected. And now you are the prey. Not letting this change in situation affect your moral, you try to lure them out of the wilderness, out in the open where you'll be able to deal with them more easily.

The fight was bitter, but in the end you managed to get out of the wilderness, most of the dire wolves died by your blade, the Alpha of the Pack, enraged by the slaughter of his pack keep on pressing the chase.

In one last fight between the two of you, where none remained unharmed, you manage to kill the beast, some of your bone were broke in the process, your face is pale due to the lack of blood, but the thrill of the fight remain.

You are victorious.

You cut the head of the Alpha, and take his skin and fur, they could be of use.

You go back at a slow pace to Godan, the Fur on your back, and the Head in your hand. Bloodied by the battle.
At your approach of the Town , a commotion break out, the sight of a bloodied kid, carrying hunting trophy shock every citizen. But you don't care about their gasp of astonishment, you go to the Adventurer Guild Hall, open painfully the door, and Put your trophy on the counter. collapsing afterward from exhaustion .

When you wake up, you are in a clean bed, you've been washed of the dried blood, and naked under the bed sheet. most of your wound have been tended to.
Looking around , you see a window, through which you recognize the street before the Adventurer Guild Hall, you must be in their Inn.

Putting on some cleaner cloth, you walk out of the room, below you see a few adventurer sited , eating and drinking, a Waitress going back and forth to serve the client, and a huge dog near the entrance.
You get down the stairs, where the bar is. You check your purse, noticing a few more coins than before your collapse, 9 more silver to be specific.
Once at the counter, the Innkeeper, a Middle-aged women, serve you a breakfast.

"Good Morning Hunter" she say to you, a benevolent smile on her face.

The waitress passing right next to you say a scolding tone in her voice:
"You scared us all when you came bloodied yesterday! a child like you should not fight those kind of beast!"
>>
the Innkeeper not letting the time to reply
"Oh , leave him alone Mara, he managed to slaughter a pack of dire wolves by himself, i don't think he's simply a kid."

Mara walks off after the rebuke of the innkeeper.

Not wanting to seem ungrateful.you talk to the innkeeper.

"Thank you for tending to my wound, i did get a bit overboard when fighting those wolves."

"Ah! Isn't he cute! Don't sweat over it, i already took a payment for that, this silver will cover your stay for 2 week, no need to worry, you don't owe me anything."

Nodding to the innkeeper you stop thinking about it.

During the following year you continue with you adventuring, Mostly solo hunting contract, you make a bit of money, and hone your skill with the sword, and become a better hunter overall.

Soon your 10th birthday is here. and a strange occurrence happen. You were out on the hunt at this time, not bothering with the date anymore as you could spend week in the wilderness.
While you were resting at your current camp, you start to feel a heat rising inside of your chest, at first thinking that you got poisoned, you start taking antidote, but you soon realize that's it's nothing harmful.
After another couple of minute, the heat start to concentrate in a tiny slit in the middle of your chest, as if you've been stabbed.
And soon, a light appear, and a blade materialize from nothing, out of your chest,
Astonished by what happened, it take you some time to wake up.
You look at your chest, a small scar is present where the blade emerged from, but no other adversary effect.
You look at the sword who's been materialized, its a simple single edge blade with a slight curvature, eastern style.It's as white as milk, no impurity or coloration. no guard, the handle seem to be metallic too. As if the whole sword had been made from one block.

You feel as if the blade was a part of you. You take it without any second guesses, it will now always be by your side.

Afterward you get back to the Town. Lost in thought.Right now the mission around here don't pose anymore challenge to you, and with the apparition of your new sword, you feel like you should go further with it.

Where to go now?
>>
>>495307
Get a scabbard for your blade, how much money do we need to get in an Academy?
>>
Also if the guild has ranks, a high one could ease our entry to an Academy.
>>
>>495353
+1
>>
>>495353
+2
>>
>>495353
Royal Academy(the most prestigious)
Cost 1000 Silver per year.

>>495361

Guild have no rank, but they have a reputation, generally tied to how big the city is, and how dangerous it is around.
But it won't be of use to enter one of the Royal Academy.
>>

Forgot to mention, you have roughly 100 silver.
>>
>>495307
Go to a different adventure guild with more challenging missions.
>>
>>495439
how much does a scabbard cost?
>>
>>495435
So even if we have a exelent reputation in capitals, where I assume the Royal Academy is, Guild it would not help? If so we should head somewhere more dangerous.
>>
>>495443
depend on how flashy and how well crafted it is, but between 1 and 5 silver for the average
>>
>>495459

The Nobility and the Adventurer are bit at odds, so even if the skill you get from the Contract are real, and praised, the Academy won't make any favoritism for the Adventurer, quite the opposite.
>>
>>495469
so Len has equal footing?
>>
>>495474
Since he's of Noble birth, he won't be denied entrance, but he'll still have to pay
>>
>>495494
of course. nothing is without a price!
>>
>>495461
Lets get something durable in the 3-4s range
>>
>>495469
So its better for us to stay relatively anonymous while gathering our fortune.
>>
OP you still here?
>>

I'm back, here's the thing, ok for the scabbard, you can afford it.
and since not much objection have been made i'll pick this choice

>>495506
>>
>>497662
OP how much for better light armor than we currently have?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.