[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life of a Bastard Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 17

File: Life of a Bastard Opener.png (2MB, 2340x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Life of a Bastard Opener.png
2MB, 2340x1080px
Welcome to Life of a Bastard Quest! You take the role of Lucerys Waters, the captain of the Free Company of Andals and First Men. In the last thread, you captured the daughter of a Myrish tradesman, foiled the machinations of a notorious pirate, discovered the son of your employer sought to have you killed, rescued a little girl, and decided to do some shopping.

Pastebins are here:
https://pastebin.com/2MeUTRPg
https://pastebin.com/v5S90MAg
https://pastebin.com/7ReMAKUp

And the archives are here:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Life+of+a+Bastard+Quest
>>
File: Lucerys' Bastard Sword.jpg (17KB, 118x473px) Image search: [Google]
Lucerys' Bastard Sword.jpg
17KB, 118x473px
Arriving in the market, you extract from one of your saddlebags a long list of items which you've set out to find. Your first stop is bladesmith just off the market square which Ser Cedrick vouched for as the most skilled in all of Lys. His workshop is little more than a long wooden shack set up in an alleyway between two much larger buildings, but stepping inside the quality of the steel on display is undeniable. Everything on display, from the farmer's scythe hanging near the front of the shop to the enormous flame-bladed greatsword hanging behind the brick forge, possessed an undeniable quality.

You're greeted by an apprentice shortly after stepping into the shop, a boy perhaps fifteen or sixteen years old in a soot-stained apron who stinks of burnt hair. Drawing forth your current blade you lay it out on a counter and explain that you're looking for a replacement, your bastard sword having served well for the past few years. The apprentice ask you a few follow up questions, whether you want something made custom or would content yourself with some of their preexisting work, and after a time he vanishes into a back room.

It's some few minutes later that the boy emerges with a scabbard in hand, the leather inlaid with gracefully swirling lines of silver. The sword's hilt is largely unadorned save for its wrapping of fine black leather. Drawing the blade forth the white metal gleams brilliantly in the warm light of the forge and testing its edge against a plucked hair you're pleased to find it splits the silver thread with apparent ease.

Satisfied you pay the boy four dragons, the price being reduced by the sale of your current sword. That done you briefly affix the new blade to your hip before turning towards the shop's doors. It's on your way out that you notice the thin, graceful blade hanging on the wall. It has a basket hilt and a supremely practical design, the only true decoration being an enormous fire opal which serves as the sword's pommel. The orange gemstone glitters prettily in the firelight, and you're reminded of Sereya's earlier admission that she quite missed the blade she wielded before being captured by your mercenary band.

On a whim, you purchase the dancing blade in addition to your own, the cost negligible compared to the vast sums of wealth you've accumulated over the last few months. You likewise purchase a scabbard for the blade, decorated with a spiderweb of gold across its wooden surface. With the dueling sword likewise strapped to your hip, you make your way into the marketplace and begin to wander in search of your next destination.

(1/3)
>>
File: Sereya's Blade.jpg (374KB, 488x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Sereya's Blade.jpg
374KB, 488x1400px
You asked after the tailor from which Ser Mathis ordered your current outfit, in all its flamboyant glory. Much as you might not like the style, the quality was undeniable. Finding the woman's shop is a matter of but a few minutes and you spend perhaps an hour discussing what you'd like with the proprietor or getting measured for any number of various articles of clothing. In the end you purchase five new outfits and pay six dragons for the lot. It would have been five, but you paid extra to ensure she'd have them ready come tomorrow afternoon.

Stopping at an inn just off the market you take a somewhat early lunch, enjoying a manner of pastry stuffed with peppery sausage and melted cheese. It's hot on the tongue but the chilled wine you ordered to accompany the dish, a golden Lysene vintage, does much to soothe what heat it possessed. Asking around the common room for the most skilled armorer in town, you're surprised by how unanimous the answers are. Each and every man in the inn points you towards a shop some few blocks from the marketplace where a man by the name of Marten has his shop.

Making your way through winding streets and narrow alleys, you shortly find yourself standing before a truly grand workshop just off the marketplace as the inn's patrons described. It is perhaps three stories tall, and the ring of metal striking metal rings through the air even over the hum of the constantly bustling crowds. Stepping inside you find yourself in a surprisingly well-appointed sitting area, the walls decorated with all manner of curios and novelties. You see a severed eye floating in a jar of some foul smelling concoction, and the enormous skull of a dragon dominates the desk opposite the doorway. It's no small wonder that a guard stands at the entrance to ensure the safety of what are no doubt priceless treasures.

A servant bows low as you step into the room proper, and after explaining your desire to commission a masterwork he vanishes into one of the man corridors branching off the room in search of his master. You're only left waiting a few minutes, and the various curiosities filling the room are more than enough to occupy your time. In fact you're caught unaware by a companionable slap upon the back, and whirl around to find a short, bookish looking fellow staring up at you with a wide grin. “Hello! Vyren said you wished to commission a piece. What sort might you be interested in?”

You found it odd how eager the little man seemed, practically bouncing up and down at the prospect of work. It's clear he didn't want for money, and everyone you've spoken with saw fit to mention his immense skill. You were expecting a weary old man, burdened by an immense backlog of orders. “I require a new suit of plate, my current set being some few years old and quite battered.”

(2/3)
>>
File: Marten's Workshop.jpg (2MB, 1913x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Marten's Workshop.jpg
2MB, 1913x1100px
The man you presume to be Marten strokes his beard contemplatively, assessing you with a careful eye. “What sort were you hoping for? Something purely of practical make, or perhaps a little more decorated? Something regal and commanding, or frightful and intimidating? Anything specific in mind as to its appearance?”

>You want something dark and intimidating, to strike fear into your enemies.
>You want something shining and regal, that you might inspire admiration in your men.
>What are you, some kind of prancing faggot? A plain suit of armor will do, the best he can manage.
>Write-in

>Anything specific in terms of decoration?
>Yes (Write-in)
>No

Not going to be posting too often in this thread, but I'll probably post one more time tonight and intermittently throughout the week.
>>
ITS HERE

IM HERE

ON TIME
>>
>>493785
>You want something dark and intimidating, to strike fear into your enemies

also a cape
>>
>>493785
>What are you, some kind of prancing faggot? A plain suit of armor will do, the best he can manage.
Though having a emblem of some sort would be nice, maybe a roaring dragon or just even our personal insignia to make others be able to ID us fast when we're in the thick of it.

By chance does he happen to have armor that is suited for swamp, heat infested areas that would most likely be toxic as well?

I remember reading an Elder Scrolls book which had a fun little lesson about armor; it's not the thickness or how much it cost's. What matters is if it's appropriate for the situation.
>>
Reading the updates and then i'll vote
>>
>>493785
>simple blackened steel with some decorations reminiscent of my band will do.

>>493801
>and also a cape, light but fire resistant. With complimentary colors to the band that I own
>>
>>493785

Practical suit of armor, we don't want to be a armchair general.
>>
>>493820
All the suits will be practical, it is a masterwork after all, this choice mostly affects how others perceive you as a general/on the field.
>>
>>493808

Seconding
>>
>>493820
You can't deny the attributes of one though.

In any case, we should go for something minimalistic but still slightly standoffish.

A short cape from one shoulder covering one side of the back is both fashionable and recognizable.

If we won't go for the blackened steel then we should go for the cape at least
>>
>>493823

alright, fine. I want a suit of armor that looks like a giant laughing skull, with arms and legs of the suit forming the teeth and our helmet forming the top of the skull and the opening of the mouth.

On the breastplate we have scenes of men, dothraki, essosi, westerosi, etc. all running from the inside of the mouth and a black abyss sucking them toward the back of th throat, with fear in their eyes as they want to escape before the skull closes its mouth.
>>
Literally kill yourself
>>
>>493846
Hmmm. We really going to go the edgy rout? No. Shut the fuck up. Well make that armor when we become a white walker and have the skills to kill a thousand guys on our own, making that bullshit will just make it all the more hilarious when we die horrifically.
>>
Mortia a best.
>>
>>493868
She ain't bad, not lyin. Also I remember in the final post or whatever that she was jelly bout our power, maybe if we bang it's ok?
>>
>>493785
Any additions should be of the practical sort, like a hidden push dagger we can reach even when our hands are bound.
>>
So soma is dead or sleeping? Which one?

No I know he's fucking his sister

God how old is this stupid fucking meme
>>
>>493904
Also a armor that is meant to reduce the impact of heat or flame would be nice.
>>
>>493904
>>493907
This is nice solid thinking. Good on you mate.
>>
>>493785
>>>What are you, some kind of prancing faggot? A plain suit of armor will do, the best he can manage.

>Anything specific in terms of decoration?
>Yes (Write-in)
company insignia, duh
>>
>>493904
>>493907
I'll second these

we should discuss what kind of helmet we're wearing because not wearing one is retarded and so is wearing a great helm, badass as it may look.

my vote's for a kettle-bevor combo.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 236x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 236x219px
>>493968
>>
>>493959
>>493904
>>493820
>>493813
>>493808
>What are you, gay?

>>493801
>>493846
>The names Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way

I also see some support for
>Add the company insignia somewhere
>Add a cape-like garment.
>Could it possible be customized to suit a boiling swamp, or someplace where the air is toxic?

I believe I can oblige you these things. I might even still have art that fits it. Obviously a cape is something of a liability in melee combat, but something detachable and/or held close to the body might be reasonable. Regardless, I'll probably post in the morning before I set off for university, or in the evening after I've returned.
>>
>>494026
>>>Add a cape-like garment.
No to this.
>>
>>494026
I will also go against the cape.. It just doesn't seem practical. Maybe if we could incorporate it into combat like a fencing cloak. Otherwise I just see some stone man yoking it up to pull us into some hell hole.
>>
>>494056
We could have a cloak that can be removed so when we go into dangerous places we can remove it but still look fabulous when not.
>>
>>
>>494093
Just remove that silly horn and it wont be half bad.
>>
>>494093
Yes! We can change our really crappy name to Unicorn Company. Shower the men in glitter before we head into battle.
>>
>>494093
Let's ride into battle on a ceremonial gold sculpted horsecock dildo while we're at it. Every cockrung we decline upon it will show our devotion to our men.
>>
>>494026
>>Add the company insignia somewhere
>>494093
take away the horn and im sold on it
>>
BQ never
>>
>>494904
I don't even follow BQ, so no problems here. There is a backlog of over a hundred threads, too much to catch up on if I want to actually vote.
>>
>>494913
BQ is better than this fanfic
>>
>>494913
It's worth it.
>>
>>494913
you are literally worse than chryssa
>>
>>494916
There aren't any characters from the original work, and the setting location was hardly touched by GoT. It's been a fun torn up mideval setting so far, with a hint of magic. I'm more than happy with that.

>>494920
I might read the archive eventually, I doubt it will be anytime this month, I don't like powergamey quests.

>>494923
It can't be helped.
>>
>>494940
>powergamey
Explain.
>>
>>494913
Its not worth it.
>>
>>495196
I took a look at a few threads in the middle of their run maybe 10 months ago. One thread seemed dedicated to making money off of magical chess. The demonstration was kind of fun, but before and after all I saw were people talking about training up this stat or that. Focusing down on a book or meditating to increase stats or cutting a deal with someone. That's what I meant.

It was still fun, but there was no adventure at all, which is also what I was coming in looking for.
>>
>>494913
Good, it's basically Autism: The Quest
>>
>>495299
Its worth picking a random option to piss off some of the players once in a while.
>>
>>495288
>there was no adventure at all
you suck at reading.
>>
>>495288
What's wrong with a slamjam doing everything they can to make BanQ? Autistic power discussion and money plots are their own adventures. Also what anon above me said.
>>
>>495288
I know what you mean; It's a great quest but anons are powergaming fucks.
>>
>>493785
Dragon themed bb
>>
>>494913
Make that 300.
>>
>>495288
>no adventure in BQ
Yea you're literally retarded.
>>
Alright, good thread everyone! Our work here is over.
>>
>>494093
i would approve of this armor, but with the gauls helmet here.

>>494002

also getting rid of the horn and having a full right arm, leg and foot.

keep the helm the same color as the rest.
>>
>tfw the comfy days of incessant BQ shitposting are gone for good
>>
So when if ever are we going to an abusive rapist fuck?
>>
File: 1434532011029.jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1434532011029.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
>>496951
>

at the end of the day, the players reflect the QM, and Soma is an incessant shit poster
>>
File: B37_k9ICEAEjq8b.jpg (51KB, 448x350px) Image search: [Google]
B37_k9ICEAEjq8b.jpg
51KB, 448x350px
:^)
>>
>>497116
That's pretty gud.
>>
>>497107
>Soma starts up BQ again
>Halfway through the thread a portal opens up
>Lucerys burst through and starts taking over the quest making it LoaBQ part 2
>>
File: AYY Lelbron.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
AYY Lelbron.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>497240
Lucerys ends up in Mundus and Mik ends up in Westeros.
>Mik's face when he outjew a dragon.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 250x1000px
>>497968
Not even joking. That makes me so fucking randy for that to happen I want it to happen regardless of the what might happen as fallout.
>>
>>497968
Not that hard considering a dragon in AsoIaF is really just a large lizard.
>>
File: 1445792220369.gif (5MB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
1445792220369.gif
5MB, 350x315px
>>497116
>>
Post literally never ever
>>
>BanQ on Monday
>>
>>499587
It's still Monday in GMT -6 time for a few more hours.

Hold out a little hope, anon.

Until none remains.
>>
File: 1445313018506.jpg (179KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445313018506.jpg
179KB, 535x800px
I was too lazy to look for the actual picture of himself he actually posted while drunk
>>
>>499623
I don't have the other one, sadly.
>>
>>499643
As expected of a tumblr snowflake
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 350x245px)
image.jpg
33KB, 350x245px
>>499643
>that's what soma looks like
>mfw I always thought that he was a twinky little shit that had a tweed elbow patch jacket with horn rimmed glasses
>mfw this is what he actually looks like

I want off this ride now Dhatu
>>
>>499746
I don't know how you could think that.

Couldn't you just TASTE the neckbeard in the writing?
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
>>499751
Yeah, but I thought he was one of the sub species that split off because of its ability to hide its neck beard behind a glamour illusion.
>>
We all know monday means wednesday for soma.
>>
>>499643
awwwwwwwww. they're in looooooove.
>>
>>499643
Fucking hell, I need to stop drinking.

>>499746
Nigga why in the FUCK would I wear horn-rimmed glasses? I'm not an eighty year old woman with seven cats.

I do have that jacket though.

>>499768
It was the first day of classes, Math professors have no mercy and don't believe in a slow start. I dunno. I'm fuckin' exhausted. GOOD NEWS IS I CAN GRADUATE ANY FUCKING TIME after this semester. Senior capstone nigga.

But yeah, thread Wednesday. I think I'll probably, maybe, potentially, possibly switch my schedule to just be Wednesday/Friday. I have a bad track record when it comes to Mondays.
>>
>>499908
Hey, they look good on Morgan Freeman.
>>
File: 1294793590662.png (131KB, 830x793px)
1294793590662.png
131KB, 830x793px
>>499908
>>
>>499908
>ID: Yew
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>499908
thanks for jewing us out of another session, Yew
>>
>>493775
Fuck yes! I thought you were never coming back.

Now to catch up
>>
Well that was some brief fucking shit.
>>
BQ never fucking ever.
>>
>>502537
What excuse will Soma give today?
>>
>>503523
He hates your face.
>>
>>503523
His sister ate his homework and he's taking the dog to a movie.
>>
Update literally never ever
>>
>>503726
What else could you expect from an autistic pedophile?
>>
>>503745
shouldn't Somouto be like 16 or 17 by now? it's barely even pedophilia anymore.
>>
>>504017
I'm running Banished Quest, for anyone lurking in this thread who follows that. Or anyone who wants to read a back catalog of 205 threads, I suppose.
I'll update this thread tomorrow, incidentally. Most likely in the future I'll avoid making a thread when I know I won't be able to reliably update it a few times in a row.
>>
What a failure of a thread. Smdh.

Fans of Soma that want to hop ship to the REAL ASOIAF Quest, come on down >>479511
>>
>>506291
That's a terrible title.
>>
>>506302
No its a terrible concept.

The title just reflects that.
>>
>>506291
>wanting Soma's audience
baka desu senpai
>>
>>504078
Update when, faggot
>>
Does Father love us ?
>>
File: tumblr_o3qlmuS0g61vnym90o1_1280.jpg (49KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3qlmuS0g61vnym90o1_1280.jpg
49KB, 600x443px
>>506291
If yours was any good, you wouldn't have to come here for an audience.
>>
Soma you make me sads.
>>
>>514947
Soma has a habit of dropping his other quests. This will be the 4th one dropped after no more than a few sessions.

Life quest made it for the longest.
Criminal negligence quest made it for a bit less.
Soma akun one shot failed after like 2 sessions.
Now this one will be the shortest because he's never coming back.
>>
I mean at least he could make up a bunch of excuses so we get to play bingo again :(
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.