[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Battleship Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: yamato battleship.jpg (154KB, 1176x706px) Image search: [Google]
yamato battleship.jpg
154KB, 1176x706px
You are a young cadet currently on Her Majesty's Ship Sapphire, pride of the Kalisian Navy and flagship of the South Fleet. You consider yourself very lucky to serve on such a modern vessel, sporting a bright green paint job and some of the most powerful guns afloat. The technology level is roughly that of World War I, with limited magic.

Relations with Kalisia's age-old enemy, the coastal city-states comprising the Toraten Alliance have been steadily deteriorating, hence the South Fleet's deployment to Toraten's shores as an intimidation tactic. Everyone on board is excited for the inevitable war declaration, ready to prove themselves loyal to the monarchy.

First off, what are you doing aboard ship? There are three different career paths you could be taking:
>Deck Officer: These men and women handle steering the ship and commanding gun turrets. Seen as the most prestigious ratings, they are mostly upper-class and from families with extensive Navy backgrounds. The highest rank you can attain is Admiral.

>Engineering Officer: They handle the massive turbines and steam engines in the bowels of the ship, as well as maintaining much of the machinery. Most of them have working-class backgrounds in the factories and rail yards of the capital, Kalisia City, and are looked down on by the Deck officers. A good engineering department is essential for a fast, capable ship, but it also has the highest average death rate when not in combat. The highest rank you can attain is Admiral.

>Marine: They are responsible for conducting shore operations, serving as the ship's guards and police force when not in combat and boarding other ships. Formerly drawn directly from the Army, the standalone Marines have only existed for twenty years. They have a well-deserved reputation for toughness, and are the only branch that will accept magic-users. The highest rank is General.
>Decisions will be by vote.
>First careers
>Then races
>Then we get going
Have fun!
>>
>>492962
>Marine: They are responsible for conducting shore operations, serving as the ship's guards and police force when not in combat and boarding other ships. Formerly drawn directly from the Army, the standalone Marines have only existed for twenty years. They have a well-deserved reputation for toughness, and are the only branch that will accept magic-users. The highest rank is General.
>>
First one to five votes wins.
>>
>>492962
>>Deck Officer: These men and women handle steering the ship and commanding gun turrets. Seen as the most prestigious ratings, they are mostly upper-class and from families with extensive Navy backgrounds. The highest rank you can attain is Admiral.
If we can command the battleship, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>492962
>Marine
Can we cut off parts of our enemies skin to wear?
>>
>>493006
Yep, deck is the only rank to actually command the ship.
>>493009
If you can do that without getting seasick at the same time, why the fuck not?
>>
>>493006
Supporting Deck officer
>>
Deck officer is good

Wouldn't be opposed to marine if other deck guys want to switch
>>
Deck officer
>>
Going to dinner, be back in half an hour or so.
Oh yeah, almost forgot: magic in this land is pretty much entirely throwing fireballs at each other. Because magic is mostly destructive, there has been a widespread prejudice against those born with the ability for hundreds of years, and so now they are very rare. But if you guys do pick Marine, they could use magic.
>>
>>492962
>Marine

Let's be a mage, jimmy.
>>
>>492962
>Deck Officer

I want to casts artilery
>>
>>492962
>Deck Officer: These men and women handle steering the ship and commanding gun turrets. Seen as the most prestigious ratings, they are mostly upper-class and from families with extensive Navy backgrounds. The highest rank you can attain is Admiral.
>>
Ok, we're going deck. I said we would pick a race but screw that, you're human. Let's go boys!

You are on the bridge, listening as Lieutenant Connell explains how to read a navigation chart. Connell, a short easygoing woman, is in charge of mentoring you on the ins and outs of shipboard life for the six months of your first cruise. The green-tinged sunrise flickers off the Toraten coastline and the churning waves below. To your right, Captain Reallen watches the helmsman. A grey-haired, steely-eyed veteran from one of the most renowned naval families in Kalisia, Reallen is the embodiment of everything you hope to be some day.

Suddenly, a bloodied Marine with sergeant's stripes bursts onto the bridge. Through the door, you can hear sounds of a battle below decks that had been muffled by the sounds of the bridge. The marine sergeant draws his pistol and aims it at the back of the Captain's head.

What do you do?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>493499
draw your knife and try to take him down first!
>>
Aw cmon, lets vote on a race

I get to play a human every day
>>
>>493503
You draw your knife, charging at the intruder. He is caught off guard, and the shot goes into the ceiling. However, he disarms you with little difficulty and puts you in a headlock. By now, both the Captain and Lieutenant Connell have their guns drawn.
"Pathetic how easy it was to infiltrate you, really," the sergeant says roughly. "The Toraten Alliance will officially declare war in the next hour against Kalisia. Your Admiral is dead. Surrender the ship or this little brat gets his neck snapped."
>>
>>493509
Ok fair enough.
>Human: basic, nothing special
>Elf: Taller, more intelligent, snobby as hell. Have a natural affinity for machines. Rare, but often found among naval engineers.
>Phoenix: Roughly resembling humans and elves, but shorter and with red skin and feathers. Unless they're killed, they are immortal, die and are reborn from their ashes. More commonly found outside of Kalisia.
>>
>>493531
>Three votes wins.
>>
>>493531
>Elf: Taller, more intelligent, snobby as hell. Have a natural affinity for machines. Rare, but often found among naval engineers.

Knife ear, cause why not.
>>
>>493531

>Phoenix: Roughly resembling humans and elves, but shorter and with red skin and feathers. Unless they're killed, they are immortal, die and are reborn from their ashes. More commonly found outside of Kalisia.
>>
>>493531
>>Elf: Taller, more intelligent, snobby as hell. Have a natural affinity for machines. Rare, but often found among naval engineers.
But we'll be non-snobby.
>>
>>493531
Phoenix
>>
>>493531
>Phoenix
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

Also voting for Phoenix.

>>493525
We are young and fresh out of training, our dedication to duty had never been higher. Tell the captain to shoot the infiltraitor, our life is not worth losing the ship.
>>
>>493671
Also voting for Phoenix because that way tsking us as a hostage is stupid.

Sad we cannot vote gender but whatever.
>>
So is the ship like, actually a Yamato Class BB? Or are you just useing that for the OP pic and we are on some other kind of ship?

Furthure more, what kind of sivilization are we based on, if any? Imperial Japanese? and what of the Toratens?
>>
>>493810
The tech level is WW I with some.magic.
>>
Phoenix it is.
>>493740
Yeah I was trying to keep it neutral at first so you could think of them as male or female, sorry about that.
>>493810
Just used that for OP pic, but same general idea. It's not like a sailing ship. Civilization is up to your imagination.
>>493671
"Shoot him, Captain!" you cry. The Captain raises his gun, you attempt to break free of the infiltrator's clutches and the Lieutenant tries frantically to contact other parts of the ship.
Roll 1d10
>1-3: You break free, bad guy still alive
>4-5: You break free, bad guy shot dead
>6-9: You don't break free, you're still alive
>10: You dead, keep playing as one of the other three characters.

I need to go to bed for now, see y'all in the morning!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>493876
>>
File: oops.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>493880
>>
>>493880
R.I.P. this thread
>>
>>493880
Well fuck. The other three are the traitorous Marine Sergeant Sneggs, Lieutenant Connell and Captain Reallen.
>>
>>493894
I'm down for playing as the Captain.
>>
>>493880
Im getting 'Nam esq flashbacks of Jara Quest

>>493894
Lets play Marine Sergant Sneggs, just for fun
>>
>>493880
Well we put a brand new Lt in a combat situation, there was really no other outcome than him dying.

>>493931
Seconding captain.
>>
Up to you guys who we play as, I'm pretty much falling asleep at the computer right now. I'll be back in the morning as long as the thread's still around then.
>>
File: Screenshots_2016-08-21-14-44-04.png (899KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-08-21-14-44-04.png
899KB, 1080x1920px
>>493940
Good night, QM.

I will treasure this pic.
>>
>>493876
>>493880
RIP Lt. Redshirt

>>493894
lets go with Lieutenant Connell we get to file a after action report on how the captain accidentally shot the FNG
>>
>>493969
He is a phoenix, aren't we just suposed to revive?

Also, high rolls are suposed to make GOOD THINGS happen. Shame on you specially since it wasn't a d20.
>>
>>494298
See >>493531

>Unless they're killed, they are immortal, die and are reborn from their ashes.
>>
>>494377
Then why we haven't died and reborn?
>>
>>494377
The way I read it, it says we don't die unless we get killed. And when we die, because we got killed, we are reborn from their ashes.

But the GM just drop this quest anyway. Or at least start using d20s or 3d20s.
>>
>>493894
Sargent Sneggs
>>
Looks like the OP has abandoned this thread to die, as have so many others.

I'd be willing to continue this quest for fun if anybody's interested, at leat until I get board.
If we are going to continue we need to find out who we are playing as, current vote is at:
Sneggs: 2
Captain Reallen: 2
Lieutenant Connel: 1
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.