[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A song of Misery and Salt: House Fraser Quest Chapter IV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 15

File: House Fraser.jpg (52KB, 450x652px) Image search: [Google]
House Fraser.jpg
52KB, 450x652px
Welcome to A song of Misery and Salt: House Fraser Quest!
You take the role of Hoster Fraser heir of House Fraser, a small House in the Iron Islands. Life has been hard for you and yours, and it promise to become harder in the next few months.

It is currently the 6th Month, in the year 279 AC. Winter is here for at least two years.

Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=House%20Fraser
Link with a tons of stuff related to the setting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP#q9zyf5tt7fddc
/tg/ homebrew holdings, thanks to Father for making the list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qm-psOSbKz_FbT9XpMXcNfwuOLmSRokmevgt9jkMVzo/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
File: Orkmont.png (437KB, 1366x902px) Image search: [Google]
Orkmont.png
437KB, 1366x902px
The next two weeks quickly pass, you've been helping Melwyn and Jeor in pacifying the few remaining bandits groups active at the outskirts of your lands your presence more to show House Fraser's renewed status to the smallfolk than anything.

Many of those groups surrendered peacefully, preferring forced labor or the lash instead of a watery grave, while a small pocket ran for the lands of Houses Fyrik and Brynsalt in hope to escape justice, though free of relative banditry for now it'll be a long time effort to actually see order set into your lands. Patrols will need to be more frequents and range further from the safety of your domains else all kind of scum will simply walk back into your unpatrolled borders.

Though lacking real combat experience, your infantry unit used this time to coordinate and act as one, for now until they shed blood against an organized force they are used as a peace keeping force, much to the delight of your smallfolk.

Fraserholm though smaller than a castle needs a certain amount of workers for the day to day chores be it cooking, cleaning or washing the various things that need washing and barely had the numbers to do the most basic of tasks. Your decisive actions and your continued efforts brought a great many of the smallfolk begging to enter into the proper service of the House, though many of the most sensitive duty are still done by the senior members of the staff you've found yourselves meeting newer faces more often than not when walking about the corridors.
>>
>>491866
Oh boy
>>
File: rachel.jpg (56KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
rachel.jpg
56KB, 751x1063px
One of these newest faces is the red headed girl you've met on your hunt for Olyvar, the intense blush that spread on her face after you caught her forgetting her work while she stared at you put you in a mischievous mood and you made a game of making her blush and squeak in embarrassment as many time as you could much to the amusement of her fellow workers and the other males that would look eagerly on her figure.

Your antics where noticed by your captains who would take pleasure in making both you and the red haired girl whose name is still unknown.

>Roll me a 3d2 to see how much bonus your actions earned you in Influence, Law, and Power.
>>
>>491885
Forgot the blush after the "still unknown."
Oh well, another fuck up to add to my long list of thing.

Defense 4
Influence 5
Lands 1
Law 21
Population 23
Power 0
Wealth 0
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 2 = 5 (3d2)

>>491885
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 2 = 5 (3d2)

>>491885
>>
>>491986
>Good enough

Defense 4
Influence 6
Lands 1
Law 23
Population 23
Power 2
Wealth 0

>writing
>>
File: House_Brynsalt_Tower.png (51KB, 432x446px) Image search: [Google]
House_Brynsalt_Tower.png
51KB, 432x446px
One morning, you receive word of a small force marching in the direction of Fraserholm, from the direction and their color it appears to be men sworn to Lord Brynsalt. Riding to meet them, you, Melwyn and the small force brought along meet the war band, most of them lightly armored and wielding bows.

Leading them is Lord Wendel, the youngest son of Arnolf Brynsalt and current guardian of the Shitpost Tower, a lean man with cold grey eyes like the churning sea with a sinister air about him enhanced by his pronounced widow's peak.

"I came to talk to the Lord Fraser, and to offer him trespassers caught on my land." He says, mentioning to the chained prisoners being led by his men.

With a sigh, you order your men to take the prisoners and to start the interrogation at once back in Fraserholm. Noticing the injuries marking them as recipient of previous interrogations, with a shake of your head you lead the procession back to your Hall.

1/3
>>
File: Wendel Brynsalt.jpg (220KB, 557x740px) Image search: [Google]
Wendel Brynsalt.jpg
220KB, 557x740px
Your attempt at conversation was met with a snarled "I am here to discuss with the Lord Fraser, not blather with his whelp." You've barely held your peace in trying not to cause an incident with another House.

Your opinion of the man took another turn for the worse the minute he set foot in your ancestral home, the scathing glare sent to your men training in the court had you gritting your teeth and further soured your mood for the unpleasant meeting that is to follow. Not even the sight of your "pretty wench" as your men started calling her calmed your dislike for the man.

More running than walking, you made your way to the great hall, not even bothering checking if the Lord Brynsalt followed you only to stop at the door to catch your breath and calm your nerves.

After a moment you realize that you've left Melwyn alone to suffer the uninvited lord and are about to march back when you see him calmly make his way with the insufferable man and what looks like his second. Opening the door for them to pass through you barely manage to keep from spitting on his boots. A pregnant silence reign in the room while your Father sitting in his chair with Jeor at his side look upon the Brynsalt Lord with a expression of distaste.

The servant holding the bread and salt nervously shuffling, waiting for your Father's order to offer the Guest right.

>2/3 might be a while before I finish the 3rd part, sorry.
>>
>Roll me a 4d6 Will check against a variable DC.
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 5, 4 = 15 (4d6)

>>492197
Oh shit it's back. Fuck yeah.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 5, 5 = 17 (4d6)

>>492212
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1, 5 = 9 (4d6)

>>492212
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 2, 5 = 18 (4d6)

>>492212
>>
>>492221
>>492230
>>492245

13,15,8 only failed the 18 DC.
>Hoster "I ain't even mad" Fraser.
I'm wondering if I should start having DC checks of 18 or 21 mainly to have him flip his shit, kinda hard believing a teenager will not take the baits.
>>
>>492300

I don't know, given the environment he grew up in he probably has had a lot of shade thrown at him during the mad times. Could have learned how to deal with it better than most teenagers
>>
>>492300
Well the 4d6 is only in dedication, you could argue unless there is a specific drive to not get pissed then he will use the dedication 4d6
>>
>>492311
Also this to consider too. He is generally more jaded and serious in some regards, though age does influence temperament.
>>
File: Fuck you Wendel.jpg (84KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you Wendel.jpg
84KB, 500x600px
"You look like shit, Brendan. The years haven't been kind to you." Wendel Brynsalt casually starts, a slight tugging at his lips the only hint that his tone of voice meant to carry amusement.

"How could I not look like shit, when I have you dropping by unannounced." Your father replies in the same tone, "I feel much worse now, thanks for nothing you bastard." A wry smile make his way to his face and he gesture for the servant to bring forth the bread. "Eat your fucking bread and salt so we can get this meeting started without risking to kill one another." He finish with a shake of his head. He spare you an apologetic smile while the men partake in the Guest right.

It was a play to get a rise out of you, you realize belatedly, he played you for a fool by acting like a downright cunt and you where only to eager to amuse him with your antics you snarl internally. You force yourself not to clench your fist or your jaw lest he catch on the action, you wonder if you should repay him the favor.

It takes a moment for everyone to sit and after exchanging a couple of glare with Jeor and yourself, Wendel Brynsalt start explaining the motive of his sudden visit.

"My hands are tied, Brendan. I'm under strict orders to let these bandits cross my land, I can arrest and punish them if they cause trouble for my people..." He recline in his seat a moment before continuing "I have too few men to patrol my lands and they more often than not accept the coins of those they arrest to look the other way."

– Did he come here just to say that he won't help chasing those bandits? – You ask a bit incredulous, a letter would have been enough.

You return his glare with one of your own, before your father redirected his focus to the question, "What did you have to gain in coming here, Wendel."

>Do you have questions to ask the Lord of the Shitpost Tower?
>>
Hmm, you guys want Hoster's ability sheet? It's been a while and maybe you've forgot how he was built up?
>I keep meaning to make a pastebin for stuff but I can't be arsed to do it, I'll just handwave the damn thing for now.
>>
>>492446
Naaah, let's just bide our time, listen to the conversation and strike at the right moment to propose on something that will involve ridding the bandits. Whether that involves intrigue, fighting or economics it doesn't matter as long as we get enough information to goad and exterminate these pests.
>>
>>492446
He didn't come here to speak to us, so let them talk.
>>
Taking a moment to collect his though, he sigh and confess in a strained voice, "The bandits are just a diversion, both to confuse us and our enemies." He explain that as of late he had more and more skirmish with Ulmer Fyrik's men ranging into his territory, what's more he had confirmed sighting of men, armed men, not bandits crossing over the lands held by his brother. Men wearing the colors of House Goodbrother.

"Though they stayed far away from my lands the fact that they walked undisturbed is concerning, I could manage Fyrik's forces with what few units I possess. I know that I hold no chance should House Goodbrother decided to wage war on me or my brother." An expression of distaste not unlike the one he gave you earlier marks his face before he can smooth his feature to one of contempt.
"I am ashamed to ask, but I
need help." He stops for a moment, gathering his wits before he look to his second, a sandy haired man with an unkempt look about him, from his untamed hair to his ungroomed beard, everything speaks of a man that is used to spend weeks in the woods.
"Only to prevent Fyrik from attacking my lands should I bring my forces in defense of my brother or father's holding." He says after a moment.

"Wendel, tell me true, how many men have you got in your service." Demands your father, somewhat worried at the response.

"A little over two hundred men I would say," he respond with a casual wave, this is pretty low considering House Fraser numbers a hundred more men and you find yourselves hard pressed to raise more.

"Are you shitting me?" Your father deadpans, "You are of one of the wealthiest House if not the most on this island and you have a mere two hundred?"

"Well, you asked me to answer truthfully. I have another hundred or so men, but these are more mercenaries than mine." He grimace, "I wouldn't expect them to hold the tower for more than an hour before they open the gate for whoever paid them the right price."

>1/2 slow going
>>
File: Melwyn .jpg (86KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
Melwyn .jpg
86KB, 600x760px
You wonder what his happening in this House for the second son to hire mercenaries instead of raising his own troupes. Keeping your thoughts to yourself you wait for your father to continue the questioning, looking at Melwyn and Jeor you find them with concerned looks.

"Can't you raise more, perhaps some peasant levy? Hardly the best but in a pinch it will do." Your father offer, knowing full well what the response will be if you understand the look the Tower Lord gives him.

"I could, but I am sure you know who and what is stopping me from doing that don't you?" At your father's nod he continues, "I am a banner lord to my own father and he or rather, my brother through him, is choking me of men and of the few resources allotted to my name." Shaking his head he continues, "Besides my lands are rather poorly populated, the handfull of smallfolks I have is busy making a living cutting down the trees or hunting in the woods for fur."

Your father sits back into his chair and mull over this for a while, deep in though, Melwyn whispering something in his ear before asking about the skirmishes.

>2/X Slowly getting there, still a few more to write
>>
File: Sigorn.jpg (173KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Sigorn.jpg
173KB, 1024x512px
"Found 'em ranging into our lands poaching the games," the unnamed second finally speaks after looking to Wendell for permission, for one looking so rough he's got a rather light tone of voice you muse."Though they was hungry at first but them fucks started robbin' our boys or leaving the meat to spoil."

"I'm sorry son, but I didn't catch your name." Melwyn cuts him off gently, an amused twinkle in his eyes when the unknown woodsman blush so fiercely that it is showing through that unkempt facial hair. Strangely enough, Wendel too blush for a moment before regaining his composure.

"Sorry sir, name's Sigorn, sir." He quickly fire off, if he wasn't sitting you'd think he would be at attention waiting for Melwyn to chew him off.

"At ease lad," Melwyn drawl, "It warms my heart to hear some politeness from the young one, most I get from my lots are old man this or gramps that. Ain't that right Jeor?" He grouses.
"Damn right, Old man." Jeor respond with the most serious face someone that is trying not to grin like an idiot can muster. Earning a grunt from Melwyn his face break into the grin he tried seconds ago not to show.

"Anything you can tell about these men?" Melwyn turns toward the woodsman, Sigorn you correct yourself. "What kind of weapons or armor where they wearrin'?"

"Daggers an' axes an' bows, sir. Badly cared for." He respond after clearing his throat, "Some had better than most, but they are harder to find most of the time. Better fighter too." He finish.

"How many at times you'd find them, anything to remember them by?" He nods at Sigorn to continue.

"About dozen when they hunt for meat, and twice that when they are out for trouble," He shrugs, "Hard to get a good look at 'em when they fire arrows, though some of my men spied them mercs talkin' to one of 'em lots of time, sir. Said he was one of them greyscaled folks."

At this you sit straighter in your chair, an action mirrored by your father.

"Are you sure of that." He demands "Words have it that Lord Lothston lost men to a band of 'scouts' who fed them false informations, one of them had greyscale, wasn't it Hoster?" He turns to you for confirmation, at your nod he turns to Wendel, "My men arrested this particular man a couple of times but couldn't detain him for he had nothing on him that confirmed our suspicions of poaching.

>3/x man it's a bear getting it out.
>>
>>493128
It's alright Builder
>>
>>493128
It's cool, I'm just glad you put this much effort into it.
>>
File: I'm watching you motherfucker.jpg (52KB, 395x300px) Image search: [Google]
I'm watching you motherfucker.jpg
52KB, 395x300px
At the mention of Dontar's name a real expression of concern worm it's way on Wendel's face, you note that he subtly rubbed his right hand, who upon closer inspection is short a few fingers. You also recall the look Dontar and his brother had at the mention of Lord Brynsalt, was it the name or the man that triggered the reaction you ponder.
>I would have you roll for it but I remembered that your passive awareness is through the roof thanks for Keen Senses and only a DC of 21 would have you fail the check. Hoster "I'm watching you, motherfucker" Fraser.

"I've heard of the attack on his quarry, I've also heard that you sent your son to discuss things with him." Wendel ask, guarded more than before.

– He asked for help – your father calmly respond, and you answered his call, just like House Fraser will answer his call. "Though in your case it isn't as easy since being a bannerman I'm forced to send word of our dealings to your Lord Father."

"My Maester is sworn to my father, or my brother, anything you send or anything I'd send would be reported to his real master. This is why I had to come here unannounced, I am sure he sent a raven as soon as the sound of our footsteps stopped echoing." He cuts off your father, "I also came here in the hope I could make some trade deals where I'd end up with something substantial instead of the scrapes my own family leaves me."

His admission, rather blunt and unforeseen, strikes you as ill-timed, even his second is shocked at the poor form in how he revealed such information. He just placed his House in a position severly weaker to yours.

"God damnit Wendel, It's been twenty years." Your father starts, before clamping down. Clearing his throat he changes the subject, "How would this trade even works if we cannot put the deal on paper. I doubt your father will be fooled when you send him a raven explaining that you won't send any woods this month."

"It has been a while since I sent him the full amount of processed lumbers, thanks to him paying me back less than needed to keep my tools in optimal conditions, I have several units of lumbers waiting to find a buyer. I could sell you these and you'd sell it as your own and kick back some profits my way." He replies with a grin before turning serious, "I've been aproached by a man from House Goodbrother, he somehow discovered my hideouts and offered to buy them off. I'd rather sell them at a loss to someone I trust, Brendan."

>Roll me a awareness test, 5fucking d6, I'm not even sure how I want to work this DC. I'll post his ability sheet next.
>>
File: Hoster Fraser sheet 2.jpg (115KB, 721x641px) Image search: [Google]
Hoster Fraser sheet 2.jpg
115KB, 721x641px
Oh yeah, you guys earned 5 exp cleaning the few bandits left in your lands.
The 20 exp is the 5exp per thread free of charge.
I'll ask if you guys want to use it when I'll make the House Fortunes roll, if we get there tonight, or next time.

Gonna be away for a while now.
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 1, 1, 1 = 12 (5d6)

>>493374
The perks of high awareness and base high awareness are infinite. If we get level one in water dancer we can wear light armor and dodge/block everything with absurd combat defense and still maintain high movement speed AND not drown by the weight of armor.
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 6, 3, 3 = 19 (5d6)

>>493374
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 5, 2, 1 = 14 (5d6)

>>493374
>>
>>493402

Seconding this plan, nothing like light armor and an ax for ship combat
>>
>>493530
Not just ship combat, axes in this system are way better than long blades. We aught to show those Greenlanders what's what.
>>
OP dead?
>>
>>493402
>>493409
>>493420
Back, and a 17 no less.

I'm close to finishing the scene, I may have it in me to do a few more hours but I'm not sure I'd see the whole thing in this sitting.
>>
File: I'm JUST about done.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
I'm JUST about done.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>>493553
>We aught to show those Greenlanders what's what.

Kinda funny there, Robert's Westeros Fun Ride won't kick in for a few years and the only time you'll be able to show those Greenlander will be when Ballon kicks in his own Fun Ride.

Which, if we follow /tg/'s canon will bring in William Bordain and Brynden Malroy kicking names and taking asses.

It might as well round up all the other protags created in the past and Karban will swarm the Iron Fleet with his own thanks to his money machine and if there's Ironborn to fuck up we'll have to call in Garrette 'Iron fucking shits' Brachen.

Only Harrock might be unwilling to rape us. And even then...Brock the Rock might take his place.

Aww shit Brock and William.
>Dad face's when.
>>
He's sincere, you realize, he's sincere but he's also lying. He's honestly lying, he does trust your father and want to trade with him, but he's somehow lying about the motives. Then there's the Lothston situation, what could have happened between them that forced such a reaction in him.

You're snapped out of your reverie by your father's voice asking you to write a figure of trade that would be beneficial to both House.

>A unit of lumber sells for 400 Dragons or 2 wealth.
>Do you take a _% cut off Wendel's lumber?

>10%
>15%
>25%
>More?

1/2 sorry for the delay.
>>
>>493637
>20%
>>
BRB, again. Won't be as long.
>>
Back. I guess I lost most of the players in the 90mins downtime earlier.
>>
im here im just dumb and don't into economics
>>
>>493637
>>493641
I can agree with 20%
>>
If this the situation where if we give that guy from the last thread our lumber we'll make ourselves his bitch for the foreseeable future? the Douche trying to get in on our past glory?
>>
>>493685
Ye, sounds gud
>>
>>493637

Press him on the lumber.

I'm guessing that his father took the lands from him or that the lumber was illegaly harvested, and he's tryin to pawn off the stolen goods before he gets his shit pushed in.

Ask him for 25% of the cut, and we use his name as supplier to any merchants willing to buy.
>>
>>493637
What's he selling it to us for? I thought he was going to sell it to us at a loss and we would sell it at full price and give him some of the profit. If the percentage is for the kickback I would squeeze him for as much as wet can. He may have sweet eyebrows but he is a shit and had no leverage
>>
>>493693
>>493702
Good point. Op can we have a bargaining check? Let's start at 40%
>>
>>493705
I agree with that 40%
>>
Looking at the numbers you pass the draft to your father who raise an eyebrow at the amount you're taking from every trade before passing it back to you with a nod, you raise from your chair and make your way to the tower Lord and offer him the draft for review, to your surprise he gives it a cursory glance before approving with a nod of his own.

"You won't even complain that we ask for too much or anything of the sort?" Your father ask, somewhat flabbergasted.

"I told you, I'm being choked up by my own kin, your rate are perfectly fine compared to theirs." He pass the sheet to his second and you are surprised that the seemingly woodsman knows his letters and numbers, you somehow let the surprise show for you soon hear Lord Wendel chuckling darkly at you a slight smile on his thin lips. "With this, we'll live the high life in no time." He says as Sigorn gives back the draft for you to finalize before both Lords press their seals into the wax.

I guess it concludes this meeting, I won't bother you any longer and I'll show myself out. It's been a pleasure as always Brendan." He raise from his chair and turns to leave before stopping, an uncertain look on his face before he offers the help of his men in the retaking of Lord Dontar's quarry.

"I doubt he will be agreeable to your offer Wendel," Your father answer pained with a shake of his head.
I'm not offering him my help, I'm offering you." He explain, "I've seen your men, you don't have that much more compared to mine. Sigorn here, is an excellent scout and his archers would be deadly to any bandits or fleeing troupes. And besides," He gives a predatory smile, "It would give me a reason to take the field."

>Do you accept the offer?
>Yes.
>No.
>Other?
>>
>>493689
Last thread was a straight up trade wood for stone deal. You would give him wood and he would have done anything he wanted with it, be it upgrade his infrastructures or sell it for gold.

You also have a deal where you sell your wood at his market(since yours is kinda burned) and he'd take a cut from the profit, you managed to get 30% off the cut he'll take from any units of lumber you sell. This is how you'll be selling Wendel's lumber.
>>
>>493723

Accept the offer. I want to see what his men are capable of.
>>
>>493723
>Yes.
>>
>>493723
>yes.
>>
>I somehow forgot to write the damn thing.

With a start you realize that the during this whole exchange he was looking at you, not your father. You've got to admit, he's good at being a little shit, you see him grin from ear to ear when the truth unravel itself before your eyes. You turn to your father who gives a shrug and make a gesture about himself, "You think I'll take the field like that?" it seems to be saying. True, it would be you who'll represent House Fraser but did the bastard had to be so crude in his actions.

– Yes, you'll be proud to have him and his men under your command – You respond with a grunt, no need to be feisty, there will be ample time for that later.

"Great, I'll send Sigorn to discuss the plan in a few days, I assume you'll ride to Lord Lothston hall to plan?" At your nod, he gives a final nod to you and your father and make his way out of Fraserholm.

As you watch the small band march back to its lands you wonder how you'll present the offer to Lord Dontar.

A few days after your encounter with Lord Brynsalt, a messenger from Dontar Lothston come riding with word that Lord Dontar accepted the aid of Lord Wendel, you only hope that this joint operation won't spell the doom of what few units each of your respective Houses have.

I think I'll end it here but before calling it done for the night...
>>
>The end of the month come and it is time for you to roll your House Fortunes.

Roll me 3d6+2 and a 1d3, I'll remove the lowest dice off the sets and add both roll to get the final result. Your stats in case you need a reminder.

Defense 4
Influence 6
Lands 1
Law 23
Population 23
Power 2
Wealth 0
>>
Rolled 4, 5, 5 + 2 = 16 (3d6 + 2)

>>493865
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>493865
>>
>>493881
>>493886
lods of emone
>>
Hey that's some good shit. I think. Should I roll too?
>>
>>493895
Yeah, I don't know if it's the best of 3 or just 1.

>>493865
What the rule QM?
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 6 + 2 = 15 (3d6 + 2)

>>493865
More than one roll or not?
>>
File: ASOIAF House Fortunes.jpg (33KB, 463x394px) Image search: [Google]
ASOIAF House Fortunes.jpg
33KB, 463x394px
>>493888
Depends really, I JUST realized that I somehow ended up fucking it up, again.

The whole mechanic shouldn't be that hard but I can't get my head around the damn thing.

I'm not sure why but I'm making the thing more complicated than it should.

The House Fortunes dices works on the Influence stats, I've been thinking and working it, wrongly as the current one (6) which is just 2d6+ Hoster's bonus dice in Stewardship.

It kinda just cleared in my head that the right way is from using the Influence from the end of the House creation, 20, earning a 3d6+ Hoster's bonus dice.

So...roll me another d6, please. I swear to god the fucking thing just want to see me mad, and I can't roll as godly as Hoster to stay unrustled.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>493865
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>493908
>>
>>493908
Yeah, let's do that, Roll a 4d6+2 liking >>493908
and do the 1d3

Best of 3
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 1, 5 + 2 = 20 (4d6 + 2)

>>493912
So my rolls don't count? Man >>493906 this with >>493910 that's 4d6 and I already roll that d3
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>493912
>>
>>493913
I may use it if not enough rolls are made, I swore up and down that I wouldn't fuck it up and look at the mess I made.

Your 1st roll somehow ended with a 19, getting us a curse, which is kinda bad.
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 1, 1 + 2 = 16 (4d6 + 2)

>>493912
Oh boyo
>>
>>493913
>>493916
Your 2nd a growth which is okay, here let me post a table explaining what each of these do.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

If your really struggling with it just home brew some rules my man. Or augment the existing rules or tables to make it less hard on ya.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 4, 1 + 2 = 12 (4d6 + 2)

>>493921
More rolls?
>>
>>493930
Nope, I think that's enough, and oh boy it doesn't look that great.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 2, 1 + 2 = 12 (4d6 + 2)

>>493935
More?
>>
>>493935
Hmmmmm great. I'm also thinking we save our character xp. Imma go to sleep now, ma bad. Have a good time my dear anons, watch out for bogeymen.
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 3, 3 + 2 = 18 (4d6 + 2)

>>493935
More rolls?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>493935
>>
>>493909
>>493910
>>493886

Okay so taking these as the 1st roll this should give something like
4,5,5,6+2 Where I remove the 4, leaving 18+3 for a growth, heh not bad, I forgot to add the +2 bonus on my calculation the 1st time

>>493924
>>493929
On the other hand
6, 6, 1, 1 + 2 gives me 15 when I remove a 1.
15+1 gives me a curse, which is bad as explained in the previous table.

The curse is stronger than the growth, so it would win. Let me make some tea and I'll decide if I should use the other rolls made by Inky.
>>
>>493956
Well I still don't understand this system, and I don't understand the curse
>>
>>493960
Frankly I kinda don't understand either so I'll try to explain as best as I can, so forgive me if you are more confused.

The House Fortunes is made in order to generate that rpg element where you gain points to allocate in one ore more stats like Defense, Power or Wealth to name a few.

It use stats the House gained by buying stuff like a saltworks or a logging camp, those things where bought in the 1st thread when the House was created from scratch.

Hoster brings some bonus to further enhance the chance for good stuff by adding another dice(who help in removing the weaker of 3 sometimes it work in favor sometimes it works in disfavor) and a +1 which is kinda plain and doesn't need to be explained, right?

By having more bonus you push into the higher tier of the House Fortunes table where the best result are more common and the worst less.
Right now the House is kinda smack in the middle where good and back result are 50/50 and it seems it earned a bad one.

A curse will remove points in your total by a certain number, so you are at risk of losing points in either Defense/Influence/Lands/Law/Population and Power.

Since Wealth is at 0 I won't have you go into the negative there.

That helped?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>493973
No, but I'll understand the more I follow
>>
>>493977
Where are you confused? You don't need to roll anymore also.
>>
>>493978
Maybe why you call it a curse?
>>
>>493981
ah, well, because it is a curse.

You have 3 beneficial results and 3 negative ones.

Boon Disaster
Blessing Curse
Growth Decline

Each of those works on tier level, a growth and a decline will cancel each other but not a blessing or a curse.

>>493927
Explain what happens when you get one of them.
>>
>>493987
I get it.
Let me see the result of the rolls and I will have a better grab on it.
>>
I'll just stop for now and restart in about 10/15h depending how good I sleep and some other stuff.

I'll post in the /qtg/ when I'll be restarting, 'til then have a good day/night.
>>
>>494023

alright thanks for the thread.
>>
All right people, anyone here?
>>
>>495047
Ayyyy
>>
>>495054
Thank you for staying around, salty hitler.
Though only one guy is kinda...
>>
>>495108
Ye I feel ya
>>
Well I'll wait one more hour before calling it a night, might I ask you your opinion on the writings and anything you feel need more works?
>>
>>495179

I am here
>>
>>495273
That's two, I guess. Could you roll a 4d6 and a 1d3 afterward?
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 4, 6 = 13 (4d6)

>>495283
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>495283
>>
>>495345
>>495350
Well that's a Decline, this confirm that the House has to take a curse this month.

>>493927
As said here, a curse is a 1d3 in one resource or -1 in two.

I'll let you decide where you want to remove the points.

Reminder of your current resources.

Defense 4
Influence 6
Lands 1
Law 23
Population 23
Power 2
Wealth 0
>>
>>495360
So that 1 I rolled means we only need to sub 1 from one resource? Let's go with -1 law. If it has to be two, I vote law and influence.
>>
>>495360
>>495360
AYO HOL UP.

I forgot to add the +2 bonus so......this ends up with a 15 which is a growth, and you still ends up with a Curse, oh well.
>>
>>495370
So... we get +1 and -1? +1 Lands, -1 Law.

Or just let the effects cancel each other out and not change anything.
>>
>>495367
No, the 1(the d3) you rolled was the sum of all your House Fortunes bonus available to the House and since /qst/ cannot roll two different kind of dice I had to roll it after the d6s
>>
>>495376
Ok, can we do +1 Law, -1 Law, -1 Influence?
>>
>>495399
You could remove 1 Law and 1 Influence, yes.
I'm not sure why you think you get +1 Law.
>>
>>495433
From the growth? I don't really enjoy the number crunching in this system
>>
>>495455
The House Fortunes rolls, like all the rest is a best of thee, in this case the best of the 3 rolls ends up with you losing instead of gaining resources.

The system is crunch heavy and it is a nightmare to both the player and the guy running it, you'd have to roll like 10 times when I had Wendel and your father talk if I used the real system and not the gutted down system /tg/ used since forever.
>>
I guess I'll ask before doing.
All in favor for losing 1 Law and 1 Influence?

With that done I'll start the next step, which I wanted to try the warfare system, in all it's fucked up glory(well not all of it)
>>
File: ASOIAF Units Cost.png (78KB, 400x789px) Image search: [Google]
ASOIAF Units Cost.png
78KB, 400x789px
Oh wow, I though I couldn't fuck it up any further but I actually did it, and for 4 threads at that.

In the House Creation phase I forgot to add a bonus to your Power number and I made the anons build their forces with less than they had.

Turns out you had 5 points of power lying around doing fuck all.

Means that you have 7 Power to build a unit of your choice.
>>
>>495557

Nice, would a group of veteran guerrillas work here? I always did love skirmishers
>>
>>495480
>The system is crunch heavy and it is a nightmare to both the player and the guy running it

Dude you're literally butchering the easiest part of the entire system. There is nothing hard about the House Fortunes system, 4 big quests before yours have managed it perfectly fine and without even a quarter of the confusion you're managing. Your communication skills are sub-par, your understanding of the system is awful, and your prep work is clearly lacking if you aren't putting together that some of the crunch requires you to work on it prior to the day you run.

Either learn the system properly and then learn how to actually communicate said system to your players or homebrew something and give up on this fucking mess.
>>
>>495628
They'd cost 7 Power, yeah. It would need to okay'd by another anon or something.

I was thinking of having the captain comming to Hoster and ask him what he should do since he somehow got forgotten when the House cleaned the bandit scum and Hoster would freak the fuck out because shit, you don't make a hundred man appears all of sudden without being some sort of tactical gen....

Or they went undercover and where spying on this and that lands.
>>
>>495658
I'm back
>>
>>495658

I would go fir a unit of trained infantry. Best bang for the buck.
>>
>>496403
Yeah second this
>>
I'm sorry people but I think I'll have to put the quest on hiatus for the time being.

My brother's condition who seemed fine took a turn south and he is now in ICU, I'm not sure he'll make it out so I'll need to prepare in case it happens.

Thanks to all who participed and again, sorry to drop like this.
>>
>>499079

i wish your brother the best, and i hope you and your family fare well
>>
>>499079
take care of your family man
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.