[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hero Guardian Quest #15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 25

File: HGQOP.jpg (1002KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HGQOP.jpg
1002KB, 1920x1080px
The world was once ours and we shared it equally. The forest was our domain and it stretched between all four corners of the world. We lived in peace and upheld the balance. There was death, but no suffering. It was all part of the circle of life. However, all that changed when the creatures with the Red Flower came to this world. Humans, the Guardians called them. They came in the night and burned down our forests, killed our guardians, raped and pillaged our lands. There was no end to their crusade against us and no reason behind their cruelty.

We, the creatures of the forest, were brought close to extinction before our salvation came: The World Tree, the center and the roots of our Forest that once spanned the world, called us all back to it. Within its borders the last Guardian, the Great Horned Owl Kafuu, placed three barrier spells that would keep the Red Flower out and whoever wielded it. Before he fell into a deep slumber from which there would be no awakening, he placed the new role of Guardianship upon the red-eyed Awoo Race. They would guard this new forest realm behind walls of magic until the end of time.

After three centuries of peace, the first of the three barriers were broken and we received a grim reminder that the Humans will not stop until all Creatures of the Forest lie dead.

You are Lin, a 17 year old Awoo girl and despite the hardships and failures you’ve endured so far, your dream is still to become the Strongest Guardian and assuming the mantle of the Hero that will save the Forest Realm and all those who live beneath the World Tree!

____

[STATS]
>Combat: [++++]
>Social: [++]
>Knowledge: [+++]

[Traits/Perks]
>[Guardian physique]: Through severe near-death moments and fighting, the limit of your stamina has increased and you're more sturdy. +1 on the dice for Endurance Checks
>[You Control It]: In a moment of great fear, you persevered without your Guardian Blade. Your mind can now endure more. +1 on the dice for Sanity Checks.
>[Inner Wolf]: The Ancestral White Wolf within you has awakened and you’ve gained a portion of the speed it was known for. +1 on the dice for Reflex/Agility Checks.

[Abilities]
>[Berserker Mode]: Activate your rapid regeneration ability, but the longer you stay in it, the steeper the price becomes for using it. It lasts until all external and internal wounds have been healed. It takes at least an hour before you may use it again. [The Price]: Every time you use this ability, your resistance to the Red Flower within you grows weaker, allowing it to eventually assume control of you.
____
Questions?: http://ask.fm/ShonenQM
Twitter: @ShonenQM
Last Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/432192/
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Awoo
____
>>
File: The Forest Realms.png (770KB, 978x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Forest Realms.png
770KB, 978x1024px
Last Time on Hero Guardian Quest:

The Assault on the Human Foothold in the Western part of the Lost Forest Realm was met with victory, albeit at a cost; the entire Vanguard was wiped out and a good portion of the Breach group - that Lin and her team was a part of - became the new Vanguard in the assault under Raubtier’s command as her raw anger boiled over when the White Wolf influenced her heart.

While the attack was a success and the combined efforts of the Ichigo and Kenshin Companies of the Blood Guardian ended in a decisive victory, one of the top priority targets at the Human Foothold escaped. Out of the two twins, Herwick was slain by Lin while Sedgwick reclaimed the other Red Flower piece from his dead brother. When his inner Red Flower became whole, it immediately consumed his Humanity and evolved. His flames turned from orange red to raven black.

Whatever he became went on to defeat Lin and leave her wounded and screaming in anger on the muddied ground with the heavy rain pouring down all around her, thinking she had lost Yu in the fight and failed everyone...
>>
You awake to the cold and wet raindrops yet crashing into the part of your face that isn’t dug into the thick mud. The taste of dirt and blood is mixed in your mouth upon rising slowly - coughing violently in the process - spitting out whatever mud you have stuck in your mouth. The sound of fighting has died off and you can hear someone saying your name over and over again in intervals, trying to gain your attention while checking if you’re alright. Your vision is yet blurry, but both it and your short term memories are coming back to you. The White Wolf isn’t coiled around your heart anymore, but the anger is rising within you again, but the emotions most present is that of regret and frustration upon remembering what happened.

I killed one of them, but I also created a Monster.

Your fangs clench for but a second before your eyes dart to where you lost your limbs. They’ve regenerated, no doubt thanks to Shén Kū or maybe your body listened to your desire to rise just before you fell unconscious? Nevertheless, your wounds have healed. Your Guardian Blade yet lies untouched a few feet away from you.

“Raubtier?!” You finally hear who it is that’s been calling for your attention for the past five minutes. Your weary eyes meet Yu’s concerned gaze as she kneels in front of you, making sure you’re not hurt. A bit ways off behind her there stands Chao as well, looking off to the side. Your sorrows are blown away upon seeing them both alive, yet the lingering feeling of regret remains since Sedgwick escaped.

“I’m a-alright.” You stutter in response to her unspoken question, trying to pull yourself back up on both feet with Yu’s help. The rain is starting to slowly die off when the clouds above the hills crack open, revealing some measures of sunlight. The strength in your legs are only slowly coming back to you and you find yourself faltering for but a second. However, instead of crashing back to the ground, you find another Awoo underneath your other arm, pulling you back on both feet; it’s one of the Kenshin guardians you remember from the hill where everything was turned to ash and the White Wolf coiled itself around your heart. He was the first one to rise from his knees, ready to push forward as part of your Vanguard. He gives you a determined smile as both he and Yu helps you back on both feet.

>Continued
>>
>>488226

Your vision and hearing finally returns to you in full and you notice the crowd of Guardians gathering around You, Chao, Yu, the Kenshin Guardian, and Herwick’s body. The two of them let go of you and you find your own footing again. Everyone is looking your way, expecting something or anything. You have no words to say, but your body moves on its own nonetheless when you pump your fist into the air with the most fiercest of glints in your eyes. The crowd erupts into cheering and roaring. Many of them has lost their friends and companions, but this is the hour of celebration - to celebrate that they’ve won and they’ve survived. A moment of grief will come in time, but that is not now.

But for you, there is nothing yet to celebrate. You lower your arm in silence, surrounded by the cheerings of Guardians at all fronts. Your gaze is turned east, towards where Sedgwick fled. He can’t have gotten far. If you take off now, following the traces his Black Flower must have left behind in its wake, you could catch up to him.

But is that the right decision to make?

>Report back to Rushi for now.
>Hunt down Sedgwick, no matter what.
>Ask Yu and Chao about what you should do.
>Reclaim your Guardian Blade and ask for Shén Kū advice on your decision.
>Write-in.
>>
>>488227
>Reclaim your Guardian Blade and ask for Shén Kū advice on your decision.
>>
>>488227
>>Report back to Rushi for now.
>>
>>488227
>>Report back to Rushi for now.
We should probably let people know about the crazy monster we made.
>Yu still alive
F-fine, I totally didn't want her to actually get tossed off a cliff or anything anyway!
>>
File: cWJ62Bf.jpg (389KB, 786x700px) Image search: [Google]
cWJ62Bf.jpg
389KB, 786x700px
>>488251
>F-fine, I totally didn't want her to actually get tossed off a cliff or anything anyway!
>>
>>488227
Do our job, then find the nearest bath, we look like shit I bet

I for one, am happy Yu's alive. Going to have to ask how she made it out okay.
>>
>>488235
>>488247
>>488251
>>488325
Calling the vote!

Writing presently.
>>
File: Armored Rushi.jpg (93KB, 850x796px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Rushi.jpg
93KB, 850x796px

Even if you feel a pressing need to hunt Sedgwick, you still need to inform Rushi of what happened up here and the appearance of a new, stronger and more ferocious enemy. If he doesn’t know, you won’t have the resources of his Blood Guardians at your disposal to chase down whatever Sedgwick has become. How his inner Red Flower consumed his Humanity and changed like that is something you really want to discuss with Shén Kū, but upon reclaiming your Guardian Blade, it remains quiet for now. In the end, you resort to let it think and rest when the figure of Rushi comes into view on the opposite side of the settlement upon the tallest of the many hills.

His arrival doesn’t stop any of the tired and weary, yet celebrating Guardians from patting each other on their shoulders and licking their wounds whilst ignoring their wounded hearts. While other Guardians join the celebrations, Rushi makes his way between his loyal men, hearing the reports from both the Assassins and the Breach. He eventually finds his way over to you. A weary, bloodied, and dirty Chen’dao is keeping himself behind his Commander, sending a weak smirk your way upon sheathing his Guardian Blade. It has the look of a straight sword until the mid-point of its blade where it curves downwards before heading up again with a grip made out of dark roots twisting together into a thick, wooden vine. It’s the first time you’ve seen his weapon as far as you know.

“I’ve been told you took over the Vanguard after its destruction. Is this true?” Rushi pulls your attention away from Chen’dao with the same strict tone that you’ve come to expect from your Leader.

“I didn’t take over the Vanguard.” You reply coldly, shooting at glance over at the Kenshin Guardian who was apart of the group that left the Breach after the Vanguard was wiped out entirely. He’s trying his best to fake a smile, as his other companions are. The stinging feeling of regret comes back to you, “I just replaced it.” You shrug at him.

“Whatever you did, I am grateful, Raubtier. You’ve proven to be more than just an asset or a weapon to us, but you already knew I considered you more than that.” He continues, to which you raise an eyebrow at him. You have a mind of calling him out on his sentimental bullshit, but you’ve got more pressing matters to attend.

>Ask Rushi about the details of the Assault’s outcome.
>Ask your Leader where he aims to send you and your team next.
>Tell him about Sedgwick.
>Inform him what he did to you and that you may or may not be able to speak to Humans now.
>Write-in.
>>
>>488543
>>Tell him about Sedgwick.
>>
>>488543
>>Tell him about Sedgwick.
>>
>>488543
>>Tell him about Sedgwick
>>
Lost the motivation and will to write atm. Might come back later to continue when more people are online. Vote stays open until then.
>>
>>488543
>Inform him what he did to you and that you may or may not be able to speak to Humans now.
this is important
>>
File: sad+Awoo.png (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sad+Awoo.png
66KB, 600x600px
Going to be frank with you all. I feel like I didn't get the experience I set out to create with you guys by creating this quest, so I'm going to take a step away from questing and quests in general. It didn't get anywhere near the kind of discussion I wanted nor the amount of activity I hoped for. This isn't on you, it's more on my own high expectations of myself and this quest. I probably didn't create an interesting enough setting/world/characters for any discussion to be born.

Hero Guardian Quest is going to be put on indefinite hiatus. I may come back to continue it if I ever get the itch again, but who knows when that'll be, if ever? Point is, right now I'm really not feeling it.

Thanks for sticking by the quest for however long you have, be it from the start around 2,5 months ago or somewhere in-between then and now.

Peace out.
>>
>>488900
>Thanks for sticking by the quest for however long you have, be it from the start around 2,5 months ago or somewhere in-between then and now.
I've been here since this very first thread.

Getting a quest right and inspire discussion is hard, I can't really point to any place where you really did anything wrong, but sometimes getting the spark going can be rough.
>>
>>488900
I don't know what we were even supposed to talk about, since usually it's just waifu wars or shitposting.

Anyway I expected this will happen when you first went crying how you can't run because it's not popular enough.
>>
File: 1454406879191.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
1454406879191.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>489311
It is what it is. Thanks for sticking around this long.

>>489331
>Implying
>>
>>488900
If a "small audience" and "Not enough discussion" are making it so you can't run, perhaps the instant gratification of anonkun is more your speed.
>>
File: 1471393333944.jpg (38KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471393333944.jpg
38KB, 375x375px
>>488900
damm thats sad even when we won the battle we still lost the war.
just hope youl came back somehow one day
>>
>>488900
Well shit, this is like the 3rd quest that I've followed that's been put on hiatus. Hopefully a break will help put things into perspective and you'll find the urge to write again, I actually really liked this quest.
>>
>>489488
>>489564
I appreciate it. I'm going to take a week or so off to do other shit. I'll make some form of decision in a week or two.
>>
>>488900
I have at times been frustrated by this quest normally pertaininging to Lin and wanting actual wins, with that said. I have always come back, wondering where this was going and if we'd see some light. It is a shame its come to this. However, like I have said to other QMs, your enjoyment has to come into play, so at the end of the day if you are no longer having fun, than you are well within your right to end it.

Best of luck.
>>
>>489564
What were the other two?
>>
>>490263
Not him but as a guess on recently canceled quests, maybe Dark Spirit and Laughing Dog.

>>489367
Not trying to be a dick about it, and not saying there's anything wrong about wanting people to read your stuff, but you definitely did take breaks and pauses if only a few people replied. Crying about it is a bit of an exaggeration but when there's people that still run with a small crowd, I can't help but feel like it rubs me the wrong way when people ask for more players. I'm not a QM though so that might be why I feel that way.
>>
>>490670
I'd kill for this many stable players.
>>
>>490263
The first was Persona 2129 that TwilightThorn ran over on /tg/, it was really good but the amount of stuff he had planned for it was fucking ridiculous, it would have taken at least 2 years to get anywhere close to finishing at the pace he was going.

Ironically the second quest that got put on hiatus was unDead Quest which came back yesterday, so hopefully fate's going to throw us a bone here and Shonen'll want to continue running HGQ in the future.
>>
>>490670
Those two died? Shit. Reading through the archives of both were great.

>>491483
We can only hope.
>>
File: Sedgwick eyes.gif (269KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Sedgwick eyes.gif
269KB, 500x200px
>>488543
>Tell him about Sedgwick

“That’s good to know, Leader, but that’ll have to wait for now.” Ignoring his sentimental words to try and put you at ease, you push forward with what information you have, “During the battle with the twins that I think were leading this foothold, I slew one of them but the other…” You pause, grasping for the proper words to explain what you saw and what Sedgwick did, “...the other Human took his dead brother’s Inner Red Flower and it consumed something it called ‘Humanity’. It changed from red to--”

“To black.” Rushi cuts you off, nodding at you through his otherwise unfazed expression, “I heard the report from the others that witnessed the fight. I also saw the black, fiery mist flying away from the top of this hill. I sent a pair of teams that I could spare after it. This means I was right in my assumption that it’s something that we have to catch.” His hands lands reassuringly on your right shoulder.

“However, for now you need some rest after the grueling battle you’ve been through, Raubtier. We’ll talk more about whatever this ‘Humanity’ is and what it means to us and them.” He continues, but you won’t have any of it.

“No, I need to hunt Sedgwick down. I need to kill what I created.” You swat his hand away from your shoulder, staring defiantly into his calm and authoritative gaze.

“I need you to rest. I can’t with a good consciousness send you off in your state.”

It’s true that you don’t feel alright, but you’ve healed and regained your stamina in full so that’s more than nothing to scoff at. Chao and Yu shouldn’t come with you, but they probably will either way. Shén Kū remains silent and vigil, but you trust that when the time comes, it will be there to help you.

>I’m fine. I’ll rest when Sedgwick is dead! [Hunt]
>I guess… you’re right. I need to rest and think things over. Just promise me that you’ll catch Sedgwick! [Rest]
>Alright. I’ll fetch Yu and Chao and take some time off to rest. Thank you, Rushi. [Lie/Hunt]
>Write-in.
>>
>>491633
>I guess… you’re right. I need to rest and think things over. Just promise me that you’ll catch Sedgwick! [Rest]
I feel like any attempt to follow right now and hunt will be unsuccessful. We will catch him someday if the others do not.

Rest, heart to hearts with Chao, Yu and Shén Kū are needed. And training.
>>
>>491633
We will build relationships instead.
Are you going to continue now, even after what you said?
>>
>>491633
>>Alright. I’ll fetch Yu and Chao and take some time off to rest. Thank you, Rushi. [Lie/Hunt]
>>
>>491633
>>Alright. I’ll fetch Yu and Chao and take some time off to rest.
And actually go rest for a spell.
>>
>>491633
>oh its not dead
>Alright. I’ll fetch Yu and Chao and take some time off to rest. Thank you, Rushi. [Lie/Hunt]
>>
>>491691
So...a vote to rest then? Instead of lie/hunt?
>>
>>491710
Yeah, only difference is that Yu and Chao come with us.
>>
>>491723
Fair, I figured that it was going to be happening regardless of our decision. I doubt they'd let the two of them go without their captain.
>>
>>491633
I think its in our best interests to rest now. We got stomped after Sedgewick got to his new powerup.
>>
>>491655
>>491663
>>491671
>>491691
>>491708
>>491732
Alright, you've decided to leave the hunt to the teams Rushi sent whilst you regain your strength and let your mind rest.

Writing.
>>
File: OC_Trio_by_Heliophage.png (222KB, 980x480px) Image search: [Google]
OC_Trio_by_Heliophage.png
222KB, 980x480px
>>491633
>[Rest]

You hate to admit it, but despite what you personally feel compelled to do, Rushi has a point. If you weren’t strong enough to fight whatever Sedgwick became after killing his brother, you sure as hell can’t take him on right now. However, you’re still determined to be the one to end him. He’s become something more than any Human you’ve fought before, and with the Black Flower backing him, he’s nothing but a monster. Only a Predator can kill another Predator, or so the old saying goes.

“Fine.” Your shoulder slump down and you sigh, in both relief and defeat, “I’ll take some time to rest and get my shit together. Just promise me that you’ll catch him.” You throw one last determined look at Rushi and he nods, affirmingly. Although there’s no assurances from Rushi other than him telling you it will happen, it’s all you have for now. With the rain gone, you trudge your way through the muddied ground - your companions following their Captain - and once you find a good spot to rest, your bum meets the wet rock that yet remains unsullied by the dirt. Yu and Chao remains standing - seemingly not as tired as you are, but still exhausted to a point - and your Guardian Blade is laid across your lap.

“How did you survive?” You throw a glance over at Yu. Your curiousity won out against your want to have a quiet moment. She perks up surprisingly at your attention.

“Well~” She starts off, looking up into the sky clearing from the dark clouds, “I woke up in the middle of falling, and I kinda like saw this dagger stuck in the wall so I switched!” She explains enthusiastically, gesturing wildly with her hands to help you picture the scene better, but it only becomes a nuisance.

“And you climbed up from there?” Chao asks the question set on your mind and she nods at both him and you. A weak smile breaks upon your face, knowing that Yu could take care of herself. You had your reservations about entrusting their survival and wellbeing to themselves after what happened between Chao and Jin, but this proves that your current team is more capable than you could have imagined. Even Chao got out of his sticky situation by the hall gates unscathed. The same can’t be said for you judging by the missing pieces of cloth by your arm and leg, but at least you have a measure against such wounds. It’s only a last option, but it’s there.

“So what now? Do we just sit around, rolling our thumbs while we wait for new orders?” Chao presents a question you hadn’t thought about. Maybe it’s something you really didn’t want to think about either, but it’s out in the open now.
>>
>>491862

>”We’ll stick around here for a while longer. Maybe help tear down what we can of this foothold. Make ourselves useful.”
>”We’re heading back to the village. We deserve some sleep. At most we’ll get some days to train and get ready for whatever Rushi has in store for us next.”
>Ignore his question. Ask Chao and Yu about something else [Such as?]
>Write-in
>>
>>491867
>>”We’ll stick around here for a while longer. Maybe help tear down what we can of this foothold. Make ourselves useful.”
No real need to head back right away, lets stick around and explore.
>>
>>491862
>”We’re heading back to the village. We deserve some sleep. At most we’ll get some days to train and get ready for whatever Rushi has in store for us next.”
>Ask Chao and Yu about something else [Such as?]

How are they holding up?

We look like shit and it's probably going to take hours for us to clean our fur, but as far as I can tell, they don't look too worse for the wear physically. Mentally, on the other hand?
>>
>>491867
>>”We’re heading back to the village. We deserve some sleep. At most we’ll get some days to train and get ready for whatever Rushi has in store for us next.”
>>
>>491867
Don't think any of us are really in any sort of condition for a fight, probably best if we get some rest.
>>
File: 1465429126596.png (300KB, 880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465429126596.png
300KB, 880x1200px
>>491881
>>491884
>>491917
>>491946
You're heading back to the village to get some well deserved sleep.

Writing momentarily. Need to make food. In mean time, I'd love to hear who your favorite character in the quest has been so far and why?
>>
>>491987
For me, it's more or less Lin. We know the most about her, and while I'm of the group that would like her to actually win something here and there, but that'll come over time, luck willing.

There have been a few characters that I like, Ming, Mei, etc. But we never got to know them well enough to really feel established. Just some characters that we like, which isn't too bad I suppose.

Chao and Yu have some good potential though. Chao still has his emotional demons and maturity problems to go through, so that'll be fun. Yu also has some maturity issues, but she's already learning, and I hope that we'll get to a point where we're really glad to have her with us. Good thing we can bond over her hideous scaring right?!?
>>
>>491987
Probably a bit biased but I'd say Lin, mostly because she's the one we've (obviously) spent the most time getting to know.

Shén Kū is pretty interesting as well, it's cool getting a neutral and logical opinion from time to time.

Seeing how Lin and the rest of the Guardians will react to Ryoutarou's existence will be interesting as well. Hopefully it'll help the rest of the Guardians cut Lin some slack if they realise not everything connected to the Humans is out to kill them.
>>
File: awoo 3.png (94KB, 492x500px) Image search: [Google]
awoo 3.png
94KB, 492x500px
>>491987
Everyone knows who the best is
>>
File: 9Yznwhg.jpg (327KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
9Yznwhg.jpg
327KB, 700x700px
>>491862
>”We’re heading back to the village. We deserve some sleep. At most we’ll get a few days worth of training in and get ready for whatever Rushi has in store for us next.”

The others nod in agreement to this decision. Yu is following orders like a good girl does while Chao’s more of mind to sleep and train than help everyone get rid of all the human settlements built atop these hills. The Guardians have to make sure the Humans cannot return to set new claim to these western lands. With that out of the way, there’s still something on your mind before the majority of your worries - aside from Sedgwick running free out there - are settled.

“I’m sorry for asking, but are you two alright? I know we’re all exhausted after everything that happened but, you know…” Your words trail off, not sure how to continue that line of thought without saying something wrong. Luckily, Chao picks up on it before the silence gets awkward.

“I’m fine, Capt’n. Not a scratch on my body.” He reassures you with a fake smile, his eyes showing nothing but discomfort at the face of your inquiry.

“That’s not what I meant, Chao.” You press on, but you’re met with a stern reply and an irritated look that kills any further attempts.

“I’m fine.”

You nod at him, letting him get away with it for now. Maybe he’ll open up after calming down and getting some shut-eye? Your gaze turns to Yu and she makes eye contact with you, expecting her turn all along.

“Yu’s in tip-top form, Captain Raubtier!” She exclaims with a smile, her hands and arms stretched out in the air above her. It looks like a genuine smile or a good enough faked one to even fool you to some extent. You’d imagine she must harbor something against Rushi or herself after receiving her cruel ‘punishment’. She’ll be a tough nut to crack if you wish to actually get to know her.

“Alright.” You reply, still not sure if you can trust them when they say they’re okay, but you’ll let it rest for now, “Let’s move out.”

>Let the journey back to the village be a silent one.
>Talk with Chao and Yu about something [Such as?] or try to reach Shén Kū somehow where he lies dormant within your blade on the way back.
>Write-in.
>>
>>492275
>try to reach Shén Kū
This one. No point talking to the others if they don't wanna talk.
>>
>>492275
>Try to reach Shén Kū somehow where he lies dormant within your blade on the way back.
Ask Shén Kū what was happening on it's end when we were fighting using the White Wolf.
>>
File: 1484723902735.gif (842KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484723902735.gif
842KB, 500x540px
>>492029
>>492064
Hopefully we'll be able to get in some more character growth and develop some more relationships over the course of this Arc.
>>
>>492275
>Talk with Chao and Yu about something [So what are we all planning on doing when we get back to the villiage? Me? I'm thinking bath, meal and bed.]

Try simething minor to break the ice.

And, if and when discussion dies down.
>Try to reach Shén Kū somehow where he lies dormant within your blade on the way back
Might as well try bit of both, right guys?
>>
>>492345
It'll be nice to see Chao and Yu grow and mature as characters.

Right before the dice decide to murder them horribly.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>492371
Nonsense, Chao is invincible. He won't die to some silly dice roll! Rolling for odds that chao will get killed off, nat 1 incoming.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>492378
Let's see Yu's odds of surviving.

>Check out my Nat 100
>>
>>492398
Now that's some bullshit. I'll believe it though. since she survived being tossed off a cliff with a shit roll.
>>
>>492366
Second.
>>
File: 1470300123473.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1470300123473.png
291KB, 750x366px
>>492378
>>492398
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>492310
>>492328
>>492366
>>492406
Trying to reach out to Shén Kū and possibly breaking the ice with your companions on the way back.

Rolling to successfully reach Shén Kū.

Writing.
>>
>>492434
hay your still going
yes
sorry but i dont think il be able to play this round sorry
sis 4 b.day comes frist:(
>>
>>492434
I guess Shén Kū is going to be pouting for a while. That sucks.

At least qe can awkwardly try to break the ice with the crew.
>>
File: 1471340391606.jpg (121KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1471340391606.jpg
121KB, 444x460px
>>492452
>sis 4 b.day comes frist
>Caring about your family more than quests
In all seriousness, no problem. Family comes first, man.
>>
>>492275
>Try to reach out to Shén Kū and talk with Chao and Yu on the way back.

The trio of Blood Guardians - two from the Ichigo Company and one, a former Tree Guardian - make their way down through the hills and passing by the Human settlements, destroyed in the wake of the assault. There has been casualties on both sides, more on the Human side than the Awoo side though. Most Guardians died in the fight at the top while the majority of humans died on the way up to there. Their main forces consisted of militia after all. Either they hadn’t gotten the proper reinforcement they needed or someone had warned them of the incoming assault and pulled out their main forces, leaving them to fight for themselves with a small sortie of knights. Sedgwick and his brother might have stuck around just to be part of the fight and their masked Humans remained by their side.

Upon reaching the lower settlements, you pull your Guardian Blade forth from your back, staring down upon its still blood coated steel. You’ll need to clean it properly when you get back, but a bath for yourself is the main priority. However, past the dry blood and the cold steel there lies a Red Flower who is dormant and silent. Shén Kū hasn’t said a word to you after you awoke, face first in the mud. No, even before then it said nothing after the White Wolf left its place coiled around your heart upon trying to save Yu.

“Speak to me if you’re still in there…” You whisper to it under your breath, but you receive nothing but silence in return. It resonates with you more than the sound of Chao’s ragged breathing, Yu’s humming, and the many noises coming from all directions, emanating from the Guardians marching about and cutting down the houses.

Shén Kū...

>Continued
>>
File: Awoo.jpg (69KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo.jpg
69KB, 472x472px
>>492836

After leaving the hills and the battlefield behind, the three of you make your way into the small patch of forest before the cave entrance. There’s already Guardians there, holding the path open and directing every Awoo heading back to the Village. They nod respectfully at your approach as you pass them by, which comes as a surprise, though you don’t take the time to stop and ask why. You’d imagine your public reputation has improved somewhat after the assault, but it might fall again in a few days. As it did in the North, albeit that was mostly the trial’s fault.

“What are you guys planning to do when we get back?” You shoot a questioning glance back at your two companions upon entering the cave tunnels that still bears horrible memories to you, “Me? I’m thinking a bath, some real food, and 24 hours of sleep.” It’s not much, but you’d rather break the ice and talk on the road back instead of going along with this brooding silence.

“O’, o’, oh!” Yu starts off, her hand in the air, swinging back at forth. It reminds you of young Guardian initiates wanting to ask the Instructors some questions. You go along with it, “Yes, Yu?”

“I’m going to eat lots and lots of good food, and then I’m going to sleep for days, and then I’m going to help Raubtier with her Balance Ability, and then I’m going to--” She immediately shoots of with her rant, listing several things she’s planning to do until Chao irritatedly interrupts her.

“Yeah, yeah, we get it! You want to do lots of shit.”

“What are you going to do then, Chao?” Yu shoots back at him, to which he just rolls his eyes at her.

“I’mma do what any sane Awoo would do. Sleep, eat, shit, and train. The usual. No point getting excited over down time when Rushi will be back in a few days.” He replies offhandedly, cutting the conversation short. You leave it be, looking forward again as you traverse the rest of the journey through the cave. However, upon reaching the end, you’re met with a different sight than that of a wall of water. Instead there’s countless slim vines of roots hanging down over the cave exit, creating a wall of sorts with streams of light shining through.

“Where did the--?” Your question falls on deaf ears as you discover that you’re alone upon looking back. Yu and Chao are gone. The urge to go back and find them is interrupted by the sound of children laughing on the other side of the vines. Carefully, you approach the wall of roots. As you reach it, you use your Guardian Blade to cut a path through it, revealing a grand and unknown sight to you.

The forest before you appears to be rotten and dead, but at the center of it there lies a large, open field where in the middle there stands a huge tree, reaching into the sky. It’s got nothing on the World Tree, but it sure beats any other Trees you’ve ever seen in your life.

Where am I?
>>
File: 1465096916844.jpg (30KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
1465096916844.jpg
30KB, 480x482px
____

Where is Lin, and where did Yu and Chao go? What's happening?! You'll find out about that and more, in the next session happening tomorrow (Sunday) starting at 20:00 CET! It was a short session today, but we'll return to longer ones tomorrow. Thanks for playing!

Twitter and Ask.fm is at the top. Thread will be archived at its end! I leave you with this question if you want something to discuss:

>What do you think is the reason behind the Human's crusade against the Creatures of the Forest?
>>
>>492868
The most obvious choice would be because they want to expand their lands, but there is probably more to it than that.
>>
>>492868
Thanks for running again Shonen.

>PQ
I think it might be a bit of a One Ring deal. A human and a couple of the Creatures of the Forest find a Red Flower and end up fighting over it. The human wins and the Red Flower presumes, given what it's just seen, that the other Creatures of the Forest will start gunning for it, so it decides to convince the humans to attack and allow it to grow in order to survive.
>>
>>492868
Good show Shonen.

I figure we're having some sort of vision right now, and that we are still with Chao and Yu. Don't know what it means though.

I am more concerned about Shén Kū. While we're low on friends. We are lower on family. Reading that little moment of silence was painful. Maybe medatation with him will help. Eother that or its him giving the vision.

>PQ
I wonder if prophecies/magic/gods are involved. Seems the most likely course. But knowing that there os at least one against them, maybe its more industrial in nature.
>>
File: 555556bb2ecfd.png (170KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
555556bb2ecfd.png
170KB, 512x512px
>>493083
>>493301
>Thanks for running again Shonen.
>Good show Shonen.
Thanks for sticking around.
>>
>>494330
Damn, I guess Shonen decided to take a break and put the quest on hiatus after all.
>>
Deleted twitter...
>>
>>497723
Well it was a good run while it lasted, hopefully Shonen will come back one day and either continue or reboot the quest.
>>
>>497723
>Deleted twitter...
Huh, didn't even know you could do that. No problem though, he ended on an alright note.
>>
>>497723
wellp, cut ties and ran.

Didn't even know you could delete twitter like that...
>>
It's dead, Jim!
>>
>>504453
Damn it Dr MqaEuS do something!
>>
File: 1469638987270.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1469638987270.gif
867KB, 480x336px
I'll try to continue in September or October. I really love this quest and the story it has had so far and what it might become, but I just lost whatever it was that made it fun to write.

I just want to focus on other things for now and hopefully regain the spark of interest I had for this Quest. Hold out, or don't. Up to you. I'm hoping that you'll be here when I come back, but I won't force you to.

Love you guys. Full homo.
>>
>>508164
STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEART
>>
>>508164
So will you be archiving this thread or redoing the quest from the beginning of this thread if you come back?
>>
File: 1469600957772.jpg (37KB, 259x440px) Image search: [Google]
1469600957772.jpg
37KB, 259x440px
>>508299
>

>>508319
No point archiving this thread since it didn't get anywhere. I'll save the updates in here and compile them into some sort of opening post or something else. Something smaller. I'll get to it eventually.
>>
>>508330
Cool, enjoy your break and hopefully we'll see you back here soon.
>>
File: 1470476506898.png (198KB, 447x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470476506898.png
198KB, 447x483px
>>508379
>>
New Twitter for folks interested, but still same ask.fm.
>https://twitter.com/ShounenQM
>http://ask.fm/ShonenQM
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.