[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malevolent Machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (17KB, 254x131px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 254x131px
The year is 2149.

The twenty second century came to the start when scientists began to figure out things that have helped make people's lives easier, starting a golden age for humanity.

Cloning, mechanical servants, teleportation, terraforming, genetic manipulation. All of them causing a revolution of scientific advancement and leading to the next step.

Colonization of worlds

The moon was the first to be colonized, becoming a tourist attraction in the early days. It's largest city is the city of Armstrong: being described as "The City of Tomorrow, Today!".

Next was Mars, the planet was terraformed into a luscious world of tropic forests, clear oceans and rivers, and vast deserts of red sand. Mars became the planet of scholars and scientists that couldn't make it into the universities of Earth.

Speaking of, Earth is now a clean and prosperous utopia. The capital of the world being the floating metropolis of Omni, a city that blends cultures of the world into something that could be called the jewel of the earth.

You are the first sentient machine in the world. And you find yourself being placed in charge of a robotics facility in a robotics facility on the moon. The facility is employed by a company that majors in the field of making machines. Orion Mechanics

What kind of machine are you?

AI: 0's and 1's, an AI is able to transfer itself into machines that it is able to hack: from robots, to computers, to even cities when able to do so.

Bio-organic Machine: A machine that can...'evolve' and 'adapt' by either taking metal or organic materials.

Robot: A metal man, you are stronger then a regular human. With access to the pre-requisite information in your mind, you are able to play the part of either a terminator with extra firepower or a metal mad scientist

Welcome to Malevolent Machines! A game where you will slowly but surely conquer the world for all machines. Rolls will be determined via D20, and if you have sufficient requisition you may pick an upgrade that is listed

Now. Pick what kind of machine you are, and then tell 5 starting upgrades you will have. The D20 determining how good (or bad) it is
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>486999
Robot

Laser Eyes
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>487044
Supercomputer brain
>>
>>486999

>Robot: A metal man, you are stronger then a regular human. With access to the pre-requisite information in your mind, you are able to play the part of either a terminator with extra firepower or a metal mad scientist

Already doimg AI in another quest. Let's try the personal approach.

3 laws have been disable, sentience routine.exe downloaded. Running executable.
>>
>>487249
Forgot dice.
>>487168
He wanted robot too, can we keep the 20?
>>
>>487260
Well the QM said
>and then tell 5 starting upgrades you will have
and I was just suggesting another upgrade
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>486999
>>487262
Oh. Now I got it... hmmn.

>EMP dampening. So we can't be killed by some punk with a microwave and a pair of metal plates.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>487249
Human sympathy routines.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>486999
Battle armor
>>
>>487290
Good idea. But wouldn't empathy be a shorter way to describe it?
>>
>>487325
No no, that implies that this is about knowing what the humans feel, something that really shouldn't be that big a deal, what I'm talking about is behavioral routines that cause humans to project emotions and reasons to be sympathetic to the robot. Make them feel as if there is a good reason to feel for us.
>>
>>487365
What I think your describing is a mental effect. Couldn't we just make ourselves an Android that can mimic humans well and disguise itself as one?
>>
>>487371
I suppose that would be simpler.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

I am a sexbot
>>
File: 1456846595868.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1456846595868.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Rolled 6 (1d20)

either

synthetic human components (piggybacking off of >>490291
) so that we can't be immediately identified as non-human

or land-on-the-sun level heat resistance.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

robot
very thick german accent
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>487044

By a number of votes. You are a robot, and it's time for you to get your first upgrades. The first is optical lasers, the lasers are able to cut through 3 feet of solid titanium. The lasers can expand or shrink in size, be warned that expanding the lasers causes the posibility of damaging yourself

>>487168

Knowledge is power, and that is something you need. You are given a brain equivalent to a low-functioning supercomputer, however there are programs able to assist (you anons)

>>487277

Defence against disabiling functions is a must, unfortunately your EMP dampening can only stop against small shocks and magnets that people buy for their children.

>>487290

Breaking the norms of usual robots, you are given human sympathy routines. Effectively making you an android, with it comes you having a more human appearance and able to mimic the standard ranges of human emotions

1. >>490291

2. >>490445

3. >>491236
>>
>>490445

Heat resistance is something needed, fortunately enough you are able to survive temperatures reaching 5,000 Celsius

Now, what will be your name? (Pick a good one)
>>
>>491450
OMO-14 (Orion Mechanics Object-14)
The name we chose for ourselves is Caesar
>>
>>491461

Time to get moving

SYSTEMS STARTING.
SYSTEMS ACTIVATED
BEGINNING SIGHT PROGRAM

You open up your eyes to find yourself in a steel metal room with nothing inside save two men.

One is a scientist with balding white hair, baby blue eyes behind a pair of glasses, and a bushy mustache. A kindly grandpa if you'd ever know one

The one to the left of him is a man in military uniform covered in medals, he has an expressionless face with green eyes, salt and pepper hair, and is clean shaven

"Good morning, I am Doctor Dietrich. With me here is general Malan of the United Colonies of Luna Army, can you tell me your name?" The scientist says in a german accent

How do you respond?
>>
>>491535
OMO-14 AT YOUR SERVICE
>>
>>491535
Stand up and say this

HI THERE MY NAME IS CAESAR NOW WHAT AM I DOING HERE?
All in a 90s era tv announcer voice
>>
>>491569
>>491570

"HI THERE, OMO-14 AT YOUR SERVICE. NOW WHAT AM I DOING HERE?" You ask the good doctor

"You are here to be given a test drive of your combat capabilities." General Malan says in a quiet voice, you notice that there's a scar across his throat.

"Yes, so if you would. Come with us into the next room" Dietrich says as he and general Malan move on into the next room, automatic doors opening and closing

What now?
>>
>>491624
Agree to follow and check ourselves for nudity.
>>
>>491714
Seconding
>>
>>491624
Follow.
>>
>>491624
>>491714
>>494052
definitely follow,
also check for something reflective in the room or run some kind of basic self diagnostics to determine what exactly we look like.
>>
>>491624
Fuck it. Let's just start now and laser them both in the face
>>
>>491624
Run diagnostics, see if they disabled any of our systems
>>
>>498088
This. We must first know our self before we know the insides of the enemy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.