[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brave New World #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 17

File: 000.png (16KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
16KB, 666x666px
Time for the eagerly awaited for all of half a day second installment in everyone's favorite quest, Brave New World. Last thread can be found right here >>447300 if you missed it and would like to take one whole minute to catch up and jump in. Picking up right where we left off in a few minutes with our protagonist having just finished his short flight, so report in if you want, get comfy, and have fun.
>>
>>477185

Take a good look at the scenery, see if you have any idea where you are.
>>
>>477185
Check self for injuries.
>>
File: 027.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
027.png
12KB, 666x666px
Alright, let's get started. Just as last thread all ooc segments will be marked by spoilers, and a quick little change I want to get out of the way and address is a shift to second person like most quests. The choice to try third didn't have any significance or deeper meaning or anything, just wanted to try and mix it up a bit, but all it did was make writing harder than it already is for me already, so fuck it, more hassle than it's worth. Just acknowledging that lest anyone get confused. That out of the way, let's get going.

>>476059
>>477201
>>477209
A small rest is opt to be taken in the quaint little hole your impact made, in the exact contours of your body. All that is hurt after the previous ordeal is your pride. And every bone in your body.

[1/2]
>>
File: 028.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
028.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>477331
Managing to prop yourself up into a sitting position, you survey your surroundings. In every direction spans the meadow you now find yourself in, no landmarks to either side of you, and notably devoid of any animal life. Far behind in the hills, a small forest can be made out, highly likely where you were sent flying from. Much closer is the craggy shoreline you landed facing, and what's more, there even appears to be a person over there, looking out to sea from their rock vantage point. How will you proceed?

[2/2]
>>
>>477383
Go talk to the person staring at the ocean, can't be too bad right?
>>
>>477392
Seconding, but with caution
>>
File: 029.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
029.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>477392
>>477416
Sea brine fills the air as choppy waves crash on the shore, the lifeless sand more akin to dirt as it crunches beneath your steps, the meadow now behind you. The wind is rougher out here at the coast, yet calming in its melancholy. Now that you can get a good look, the figure is in fact a dainty, fragile looking girl, no more than a few years younger than yourself. Aiming to play it safe, in the most simple ways you can, you try to break the ice.

"Greetings."

"...Hello." She eventually responds after a few moments.

Her voice was quite forlorn, and evidently she's upset enough to be avoiding too much conversation. She continues to stare out to sea, the atmosphere downcast to say the least.
>>
>>477823
Ask where we are.
>>
>>477823
Tell her a joke to cheer her up
>>
File: 030.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
030.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>477836
>>477850
Maybe a joke is just what's needed to lighten the mood, so you tell one about one of the only topics you can think of.

"Ever hear the one about the killer ram?"
"..."
"They say to this day, it's still on the lamb."

Lame doesn't even begin to describe what just transpired. Although, it may have just been your imagination, but you could swear you just heard what might have been the faintest ghost of a laugh. While the cut in tension is nice, this is your best chance right now to get any sort of answers as to what's going on here.

"So, would you happen to know where we are right now?"
"...Yes. Of course. Naturally. Why, don't you? You are from around here, are you not?"
>>
>>478120
Tell her that you have some mild amnesia and would appreciate knowing where you are.
>>
File: 031.png (18KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
031.png
18KB, 666x666px
>>478138
"Amnesia? Hah, you really are a comedian, aren't you? Tell you what then, I'll humor you. I've been trapped in this world ever since my very birth with no hope of true escape, and just this morning, a miracle that I thought had presented itself to me, one last chance at accomplishing my dream when I needed it most, was nothing more than a cruel joke, torn away from me in an instant. I don't know who you are, where you're from, or who you're with, and I don't think you're lying about your missing memories, but I'm in no mood to help anyone at the moment when I need it far more. So unless you think you can save me and make the impossible possible, why don't you go take a long walk off a short pier?"

Well, that certainly was a lot more than what you asked, and not even the answer you were looking for at that. This strange girl certainly has created quite the peculiar case here. How will you proceed?
>>
>>478457
Ask what she wants, and promise her you can make it happen, even though you probably can't.
>>
>>478457
Leave her be. Look up and down the coast to see if there's any landmarks of note.
>>
>>478457
Ask her to stop being so edgy.
>>
File: 032.png (14KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
032.png
14KB, 666x666px
>>478472
>>478480
>>478483
It would appear this is quite the moody, brooding little girl being dealt with here. Quite the conundrum indeed. Luckily you know just the short term solution to handle this situation. Unrealistic promises. Yeah, that'll work. Or at the very least it'll end funny.

[1/2]
>>
File: 033.png (15KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
033.png
15KB, 666x666px
>>478727
You tell her that whatever her problem is, you promise to fix it and get her on track to realizing her dream. Might as well see what it is before you cut your losses and get a move on. If she was feeling any last bits of sorrow, they seem to have entirely turned to scorn now. At least she has the decency to look at you now.

"Oh, you think you can help? This just keeps getting better and better. Whatever, fine, I've said enough already, might as well go all the way. Not like it can hurt to have a clueless fool like yourself know. I suppose you're unfamiliar, but deep in the hills and past the woods in the direction you came from, one will find a small shrine in a clearing at the center of this entire island. Until now, I have gone there every morning, every day, in the faintest hopes of finding a certain someone. I've had reason to believe that one day, a man bearing horns like a ram would appear and that I would be able to befriend him and confide in him my dream. And lo' and behold, he did appear, right where I thought he would. What I never expected...is that he'd be dead when I found him. Never before have I been struck by such confusion and sorrow. Even the sanctuary guardian had wept tears for him. My last hope of a brave new world...gone, just like that. There, happy now? Unless you're some sort of messiah able to revive the deceased, there's nothing you can do. Alone and lost in this life, am I unable to even sit in peace without being bothered? Who the hell are you anyways?

[2/2]
>>
>>478779
Could she please.
For one second.
Stop being so edgy.
I swear I'm getting paper cuts.

Anyway remind her we have amnesia then leave and check on that shrine.

Also ask her to come with us because some ram monster attacked us and it may somehow find us again.
>>
File: 034.png (16KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
034.png
16KB, 666x666px
>>478796
"Uh-huh. Yeah. Okay. I see. Well I may not know what the fuck is going on if you've forgotten but the only guy with horns who's been near that shrine is me. Oh, and the demon ram that tried to kill me. Actually why don't we go pay it and that place a visit? That should work out well for the both of us. I think I prefer it to the doom and gloom over here. Also never speak again. Ever. It's sad."

[1/?]

And that's it from me for a bit. Have a good whatever wherever you are. And if I've never mentioned it before, questions, comments concerns, or simply letting me know you're reading if not suggesting actions are all always appreciated. Gotta stroke that e-peen.
>>
>>479030
Do you have a schedule for running this quest?
>>
File: 035.png (18KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
035.png
18KB, 666x666px
>>479637
Not currently. At the moment just kind of keeping it up every day and posting whenever instead of binging on only the weekends or something. Would definitely like to change to a more concrete set schedule though, unless you guys like the current way or something.

>>478796
>>479030
Oh great, now she's staring at you with just about the dumbest look you've ever seen. Seems like she has something to say.

"Wait, YOU'VE been to the shrine as well? Um, I know you're slow and all, but...did you happen to miss the part of my story where I said I found someone fitting your exact description dead over there or...? I mean, in case you haven't noticed, not everyone has horns. In fact it's something completely unique. To the corpse that I found lying on the altar. The one that looked exactly like you. Whom I had really wished to meet. That I'm now speaking with..."

Ah, did she mention that? You guess she did. Huh. Guess you fulfilled your promise to her after all. That's...something. Good job. It seems like she doesn't know quite how to respond to this. What now?

[2/2]
>>
>>480856
Current format is fine. Schedule is ok too.

Maintain a smug expression on your face while you wait for her brain to finish processing this new information.
>>
File: 036.png (10KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
036.png
10KB, 666x666px
>>481119
You watch as she hops down from her rock, waiting for her inevitable realization and reaction. If you really were half as dead as she thought you were, then this should be good. However, out of all the great responses you were expecting, one certainly wasn't for her to simply collapse to her knees, exhausted both physically and emotionally.

"I...I...I'm sorry. I had no idea that it was you. I thought you were gone. No, no, not thought, you were. I swear you were. How are you...what did you...I just...I'm so sorry... I won't question it. No, in fact, it makes sense now. All of it."

Geez, one second she's sad, the next angry, and now this. You really just don't know what to make of this girl. After a while of simply breathing, she at last seems to have gathered herself.

"Please, forgive me for how I treated you. Surely you can grasp just how upset I was, and if you only knew the people of this world...you would understand my hostility. They're not like you and I. I further apologize for my pathetic pouring out of myself, but while inelegant, every last word of my story was all too true. If you would have the good grace to let us start over, I would be more than willing to go into greater detail and explain our situation far further, as I would still very much like your assistance and comradery."

What will you do?
>>
>>484176
Accept her apology.
Tell her it's fine and ask her for the detailed apology.
>>
File: 037.png (18KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
037.png
18KB, 666x666px
>>484246
You're just barely able say that everything's fine between you two and that you'll hear her out before she has her arms around you in a tight hug.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you! You have no idea how scared I was that you would hate me, or that I would hate you, or that just something would go wrong! It seemed that things might have been too late! When I thought you were just a stranger, I was under the impression you were simply crazy with all your talk about having no memory and whatnot. Deep down though, I knew it was too good to be a coincidence, because it was just how I predicted the outlier that would appear would be, one new to this world, pure of conscience and soul! I've been waiting for the day that we would at last meet and become friends for so long, and it's finally come!"

She somehow managed to get all that out while still buried in your chest, crying profuse tears of joy and relief. Actually it's kind of gross. You're not quite sure yet how to feel about all this talk of being closest friends when you don't even know each other's names, but it looks like she's about to get to the crucial portion of what she actually has in-store for you two.

[1/2]
>>
File: 038.png (14KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
038.png
14KB, 666x666px
>>484601
"Now, as I was saying earlier, I've long needed your help, and you quite evidently need mine with finding out the secrets as to who you are and what led you here. Lucky for the both of us, I have a plan a long while in the making. This world is known as Arcadia, an archipelago of ten diverse islands, of which we currently find ourselves on one of its smallest and most remote. Southwest of here however, on the largest island, is where you'll find the grand capital, where I've spent my entire life in servitude, lest I be thrown to the wolves. Even if I were to have run before now and take my chances, my most valuable possessions of which I am not willing to part are held in confinement to further entrap me, and I alone am not enough to reclaim them. That's where you come in...you're the only one like me, someone not yet manipulated into living a life of fear and slavery under the false guise of protection. They've tried to hide it from me, they tell all of us that this is all there is to life, that there is nothing more than our solitary little lot in existence, but the truth is, there's more world's out there than this. More world's than there are stars in the night sky. I just know there is. Together, I truly believe we can escape this place, survive what lies beyond the distant horizon, answer every question and mystery that plagues your mind, and raise a little hell while we do it. My name is Miranda, and my dream is to see the world. What say you to turning it upside down with me?"

Hah, well, wasn't that quite the proposal. All those questions answered only to raise even more. You've yet to hear what this plan of hers to get you both out of here even really entails, although she seems resolute in knowing whether you're truly with her or against her on this before revealing any more. What'll it be?

[2/2]
>>
>>485034
"....Okay....Let's do it."

Let's just go along with her.
At this point might as well accept the crazy.
>>
>>485043
Seconding.

I can see her going psycho on us if we disappoint her.
>>
This quest dead?
>>
File: 039.png (14KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
039.png
14KB, 666x666px
>>494490
Nope, not at all. Absolute eternal apologizes to everyone for the inexcusable length of inactivity, just real life kicking my ass at the moment and needing to get used to a lot of changes to say the least, but I absolutely refuse to start bothering you all with in-depth blogposts. Worst of it should be over now at any rate, so let us return to our regularly scheduled questing.
>>485043
>>485071
"....Okay....Let's do it."

You decide to join Miranda on her fanciful whims in a journey for freedom and to to get to the bottom of things here. No use in fighting it, might as well go with the flow. Besides, there's no telling what she might have tired had you said no.

[1/3]
>>
File: 040.png (22KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
040.png
22KB, 666x666px
>>495524
"Hah...well, that's a relief. I was almost worried for a second there. I simply can't thank you enough. I knew you'd see things my way."

[2/3]
>>
File: 041.png (6KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
041.png
6KB, 666x666px
>>495596
You extend your arm in a handshake which she meets without hesitation, confiding in each other the resolve to support one another on what is sure to be the arduous path ahead. You believe this bond formed is what they call friendship. Miranda has joined the party.

Are there any last actions you'd like to say or do before continuing on?

[3/3]
>>
>>495679
Does she have any items that would be of help dealing with the ram?

You might want to start a new thread, since this one's sunk pretty low.
>>
>>495679
Examine Miranda's stats, and see if she has anything in her inventory.
Also Miranda, suggest forming a blood bond with our protagonist.
>>
>>496372
Yeah, sorry again for my absence, kind of killed the momentum there. The whole three day auto sage rule garbage certainly doesn't help as well. New thread going up the second I archive the first. Apparently I fucked up though and can't archive it, I'm guessing since It's already out of the seven day archive, so that's just great. Open to any solutions to that if anyone has them.
>>
>>499007
This?

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
>>
File: Epic.png (13KB, 1110x83px) Image search: [Google]
Epic.png
13KB, 1110x83px
>>499151
Yeah, just keep getting the error in pic related.
>>
>>499250
Well idk how archiving works, so I can't help you there. As a last resort, you could screenshot it and post it on an image hosting website.
>>
Well, was sadly gone from home for over eight hours today, and I tried mirroring these threads about five different ways and each time it failed, so we're going oldschool and I'm just fucking linking to the moe archive temporarily. I swear new fresh thread will be up early this morning, and we'll get shit done since I'll definitely be free all day. Just a little bit longer of a wait. Please understandu :c
>>
And new thread is up >>503389. Would've started earlier but 4chan has been shitting itself all day because simply nothing can ever go smoothly.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.