[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lionwoman cleric-aspirant quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: a_few_minutes_in_ms_paint.gif (32KB, 545x450px) Image search: [Google]
a_few_minutes_in_ms_paint.gif
32KB, 545x450px
Chapter 1, part 2
previous >>448590

You are Daffo, a lionperson, a human-like creature with claws (no paws though), a fuzzy tail and the head of a lion. Otherwise your features are the same as a woman's.
You currently live in Vaultshores, capital of the Treasure Realm, a human kingdom that borders your homeland, Bodulnilun, the Cyclopean Council. Your parents sent you to become a priestess of Elrath, dragon aspect of light and patron of all Beastmen.

It is your day off and you went out into the city with your roomies, Ustra and Vanod. Your plans are to go to the park and to visit a bookstore.
>>
On your way to the Glee of Green district where the park is located, you come across a bookstore. Vanod disappears into it. You decide to take a look.
You have heard that most books are hand written or copied by bored elves, who have nothing better to do anyway (eternal life and all). There are several categories with corresponding price tags

>Travel guide (various): 2gp
>Manuals (Arms, Masonry, Animal Training, Herbalism, Surgery, First-Aid, Spellcraft): 5gp
>History Books: 20gp

After a while, Vanod starts a heated argument with the store's owner.
>>
Eavesdrop on argument while continuing to browse.

When do we get weapons training? What kind of priest are we training to be?
>>
>>472800
You get weapon training every 3 days. The next session would be tomorrow.

The conversation boils down to the owner not wanting to sell a particular tome to Vanod. The guy says it's already spoken for.
>>
Purchase a book on first aid.

Ask Vanod what books caught his interest.
>>
>>472811
Thank you for your business

Vanod:
>"I guess I can entrust you this: It's the book 'Elrath and Cacast', concerning the imprisonment of the latter by Elrath. I believe that the contents can lead one to the temple of Cacast, which should be filled with treasure. I'm sure that information would be worth something to someone."
>>
>>472816
"Cool story bro."

Politely ask the bookshop owner whether he can tell us who reserved the book Vanod wants. We would understand if he does not wish to divulge info on his customers. On the other hand, perhaps Vanod can work something out with this third party, and we can get out of your mane, err, hair.

(I'm off to sleep. People in the US ought to be waking up in a few hours. Hang in there, QM.)
>>
>>472820
Bookstore owner:
>"Just know that he is far more important than you church servants. A Magic-User even. If you would excuse me, I have to take care of some business in the back. Just ring the bell or yell if you need me."

Vanod:
>"Damn. That book would have been my eventual ticket out of this hellhole."
He is visibly upset about this.

>On the other hand, perhaps Vanod can work something out with this third party, and we can get out of your mane, err, hair.
You call for the owner.
Bookstore owner:
>"I'm expecting my customer after sundown. If you want you can come too. Just don't harass the man."
>>
>>472820
>after sundown
>go outside
>literally get flayed by some madman with a fetish for lionman pet
Ha ha ha nope. Tell Vanod that we should move on.

Some general background questions:

You've mentioned priests and paladins. Are these Clerics and Paladins in the D&D sense? Which one are we training to be?

So we are starting to receive combat training, but we are still effectively defenseless? How long have we been an aspirant?

What are the core tenets and ideals that a priest/paladin of Elrath is expected to uphold? Besides humans and beastmen living in harmony.

(Okay really going to sleep this time.)
>>
File: distress.png (3KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
distress.png
3KB, 217x190px
>>472837
>>472837
>get flayed
pic related

You step outside and meet back up with Ustra who was waiting outside.
Vanod:
>"I have an idea, but I need yours and Ustra's help to realize it. I'm going to break into the place and 'borrow' the book. After I have copied it, I will return it, even with the money it would have costed, I promise."

Ustra is silent but has a destinct expression on her face. You are getting better at reading human faces and you think she expresses sternness.
>>
>>472837
Background questions.
>priests & paladins
Priesthood is something you train all your live for. The results are limited knowledge about spells a magic-user's is more extensive and usually weapons and armor training depends on the creed, Elrath's priests of protection and light are martial, while Priests of knowledge and water generally aren't
Paladinhood is a personal conviction. Anyone can declare themselves a paladin for any deity or force at any time. you do not instantly gain powers like in D&D, instead the stuff available to you is determined by how much you please your deity also, there is no absurd 17 CHA requirement, anyone, anytime, don't even have to be a warrior-type - you also do not 'fall', when you slay orc babies. If you believe slaying orc babies furthers X's cause, then so be it.
You are currently training for Priesthood

>combat training
Being trained and grasping the lessons of said training are two different things. It will take weeks of repetition for the lessons and experience to seep in. Or a traumatic experience, like surviving a hard battle which should have the same effect. (see next post)

>tenets of faith
>Protection, fight against the undead, fight against night creatures
The priests shine the guiding light and use it to protect the innocent, faithful and other people (in that order of priority). At Sunrise, they thank Elrath for the upcoming bathing of light. At midday they celebrate the superiority of light. At Sundown they mourn the light being conquered by darkness. At night they find strength in themselves and inspire it in others to endure the terrors of darkness i.e. night creatures

>night creatures
Don't worry, they are not in the city at night. They prey on the weak only and when is the individual weakest if not when they are alone in the wilderness with no light to shine on them?
But you have heard of Night Ogres and Night Trolls that turn your blood to ice if you look at them. They get you when you stray from your clan-home at night. Maybe it was just a story to discourage the cubs from straying?
>>
>>472837
>being defenseless
You are kind of, because you are lacking good armor Armor Class (your dress does not count) and the experience, luck and endurance to avoid getting hit hit points. You have some, but the brawls and cat fights you have been in taught you not to rely on it.
>We're getting mechanical now, brace yourselves (or don't and ignore this and just play by your gut)
if you have no hit points and a succesful attack against you is made, you are hit and might be wounded. You roll on a 2d6 table to determine what happened. It ranges from instant death (2) to being knocked out (7,8) to shrugging it off and entering a martial trance (12)
When you would fall below 0 hit points, you instead stop at 0 hit points and take a hit (see above)
>>
>>472842
Copy a book? How long would that take?

Also glad to see this quest is running again.
>>
>>473071
If you do it for yourself without making an exact copy, it could take a few days.
>>
>>473161
>it could take a few days.

Someone will notice that it's gone. Sorry Vanod, but that's too risky.
>>
>>473254
I'll wait on resolving this until tomorrow, to see if more people share this sentiment or not. If it's a tie, this first option is chosen.

lionwoman quest continues this monday! Roughly at: whenever I wake up
>>
>>472842
Remind Vanod that:
1. Stealing is wrong. So is "borrowing".
2. The Magic-User will be collecting the book *tonight*, so Vanod has no time to execute his breaking and entering scheme.

If he wishes to come back at night to confront the Magic-User, that's his business.

By the way, are we allowed to have a knife/dagger to protect ourselves? Or would the Elders consider that contraband?
>>
>>473254
>>475044
A blade should be fine to have around. Though why would you need one when you are perfectly safe within the cathedral?

Ustra:
>"Daffo's right. You have no chance to do this unnoticed. You also shouldn't steal what a magic-user desires, he's guaranteedly crazy and is going to take it the wrong way."

Vanod:
>"Arrgh! If you don't want to help me, fine! I'll be staying in this shithole a while longer it seems."
He then mumbles something you cannot make out.

You continue on your way to the park.
When you arrive, the park isn't overcrowded and you find a place beneath a tree. There are kobolds around though and you keep your belongings, your new book, close to you. The yowling and yipping dogmen are prone to stealing and by Elrath are they good at it. You never see them coming. They can't help it, it must be in their blood. Your nanny told you that they are a test for us mortals to practice restraint.

Ustra:
>"Ugh, who let those things in? Did they tunnel under the city walls?"
>>
>>476425
Well, I suspect that the new Elder-candidate might be a *shudder* adventurer, aka a murderhobo. Trouble and death follow in their wake. The streets are also getting more dangerous to walk around in. We should arm ourselves.

Keep the book close by, and try to enjoy the park.
>>
I have run out of Ideas for now.

Lionwoman cleric-aspirant quest continues on Sunday GMT 14:00
>>
I need to get up earlier for this.
>>
What would be a good time for americans? I only know good-for-euros ones.

>>476825
or for you, especially.
>>
>>477342
I'm GMT -5, so a start time of GMT 14:00 is fine as long as you're running the quest for a few hours.
>>
>>477365
>as long as you're running the quest for a few hours.
I will be.
>>
>>477389
Then it should be fine.
>>
>>477342
Us Americans are from GMT-5 to GMT-8.
I'm only available in the evenings.
>>
File: walpaperlipn.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
walpaperlipn.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
Bump
>>
Quest has to be postponed to next sunday, so sorry
>>
>>494321
Alright, see you next week.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.