[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Displaced Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: displaced.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
displaced.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
You're stomping through this desert for a felt eternity now, as long as you can remember. You'd say all night, but how you preceive time tells you at least half a day had passed, yet the sun hadn't risen yet. At least, it hadn't gotten any lighter or darker, you can't see far in this air. And along with the only landmarks being stone pillars with alien looking symbols you were pretty sure you're not on Earth.
And that's pretty much the only thought going through your mind.

Fact check.
You are not on Earth.
You don't know why you're so sure of that.
You don't know why you're here
You have no memory before you started walking in this desert.
Heck, you don't even remember to start walking.

Inventory check:
The only thing you have on you were some sand filled shoes and some rags covering your body with no indication who or what you once were.

So, who are you?
>Maybe you're some scientist,
>an explorer of the universe,
>security personell of someone like that,
>or maybe someone else entirely.

And what are you going to do?
>You could keep wandering and hope you find something.
>Think of something you could use as a guide so you won't run in circles.
>Stop at a rock, and try to decypher the alien symbols.
>Try something else.
First time trying to write on /qst/, let's see how that goes.
>>
>>466140
>Medic
>Think of something you could use as a guide so you won't run in circles.
>>
>>466140
>navy seal who was training to protect the earth from extraterrestrial threats
>Try to decipher the symbols
>>
>>466140
>>Medic
>>Think of something you could use as a guide so you won't run in circles.
>>
>Philosopher
>Try to remove my sand filled shoes because they are extremely uncomfortable
>>
>>466309
I vote for this
>>
>>466352 >>466230
You need to focus on what to do. „The average human can survive three weeks without food, 100 hours without water, of which I wasted ten. My immediate concern is assuring short term survival. The air tastes, but air is breathable. Temperature... I don't think has changed since I started walking. And now I'm talking to myself.“ You cough to clear your throat. Your voice isn't at all what you remember it to be, or at least what you had expected it to be. What had your voice been like?
You shake the thought out of your head. For now you need to find water. And to do that, you need to keep moving. So let's see... There are dunes in the sand. Which are created by the wind.
Assuming the wind doesn't change too much they all face the same direction.
Yeah, let's work with that... and even if the wind goes like a storm in a circle you'd at least reach the center or walk out if you go along the dunes.
Walkin straight with the wind would go up and down too much which would exhaust you too quickly.
But if it's a circular wind it on the northern hemisphere it means that, if you face the winds direction then turn left you get away from the center. But that decision would be the opposite if you're on the southern hemisphere.
That is if the planet spins like Earth does, but you haven't seen the sun yet, so...

>left or
>right
>>
>>466485
>right
>>
>>466485
and because my internet set out i have a new ID, off to a good start
>>
>>466485
>right

Please use break lines. Please i'm begging you.
>>
>>466536
Line break I mean. Not break line, Line breaks.
>>
>>466485
>right
>>
>>466499
>>466536 >>466557 k
>>466566
Right... centre of the wind if it's circular... and you're on the northern hemisphere of the planet. There is no use in trying to figure that out. What even is north? You have no compass to tell the planet's magnetic field.

>>466421
Before you begin to wander again you empty the sand out of your shoes.
And so you start your journey again.

A few hours later it the seems to get warmer and lighter. The sun must be rising.
Judging by how quickly the air becomes hotter you already fear for what it will mean if the day actually starts.
You scrap your earlier plan of trying to preserve your strength and start to hurry.

As the night comes to an end you need to decide if
>you want to continue as long as you can, or if
>you should try to hide from the sun as soon as possible
>>
>>466648
>you should try to hide from the sun as soon as possible
Not good to travel when the sun is blazing.
>>
>>466648
>>you should try to hide from the sun as soon as possible
>>
>>466648
>Hide from the sun asap
>>
>>466648
>Hide from the sun until you figure out how bad it is during the day
>>
>>466667
>>466673
>>466676

As it's getting hotter you soon decide that hiding will be the best option. Wandering just a little longer you see a larger rock formation.
You hurry towards it and immediately start looking for the best shelter, and as luck would have it you even find a small nook to squeeze through.
There is even enough space to lay down and rest, it probably won't be comfortable.

You're not that good at making guesstimates but you assume the temperature rose by 20 degree (Celsius scale, 36 degree for Fahrenheit scale) within the last hour.
It will only grow hotter more quickly.

>Squeeze through into the small nook, or
>keep looking for a better cave.
>>
>>466775
Keep looking, but don't wander far
>>
>>466775
>keep looking for a better cave.
>>
>>466775
>Squeeze through into the small nook
>>
>>466807
>>466793
>>466780
please give arguments this time around
>>
>>466822
Now that I think about I switch to squeeze through the small nook. Who knows what matter beast are in the larger caves.
>>
>>466822
Every minute that goes by, the weather's getting hotter at an alarming rate (+1°C every 3 minutes). looking for a better cave is risky because of this. Besides, since i do not know what an average cave is like in this area, I cannot know if this small nook even is bottom tier.
So without any idea of what to expect as reward, it is not worth taking the risk to walk, even just for another 30 minutes, to find a potential better cave.
Although a good option would be to have a very quick look around to try and spot some cave closeby, and come back to the nook quickly if nothing is found.
>>
>>466867
I like this idea. Change mine to this
>>
OP, you alive?
>>
>>466867
You have no idea if the nook is 5 star lodging, or the lowest tier of cave you could find.
The atmosphere had started cold and was now hot. You still have a while to go before it starts to be unbearable. Anything hotter than now would dehydrate you even quicker.
You sigh and keep looking around, remembering the spot for to come back to.
Only maybe a minute later you spot some of the alien writing on the stone again.
They are no pictograms, but carefully made lines of a blueish paint.
Hmm...
You could have sworn the ones on the rocks so far had been darker. Maybe these are fresher?
Your heart skips a beat by the thought of whoever made these could still be around in a civilization somewhere. Hopefully this wasn't an ancient planet.

The thought of civilization actually rejuvenates you a little and you walk around the rocks faster until-
You step on a flat surface.
“What?”
Crouching down you dust off the sand from a slab of blue stone.
This is a structure. Someone build something here.
You go around, trying to cover as much ground as quickly as possible.
There are more slabs of stone the further you come around.
And finally you see something worthwhile. A stone door, which you immediately rush towards.
The sand before it seems to be cleared away, recently even.
Had it been just opened? Is someone here? Or some alien creature, sentient enough to make doors?
The door is about your own hight, so whatever creature must have built it was smaller than you.

>How to proceed?
again, arguments

>>467158
yeah yeah, give me a second
>>
>>467203
Check if anyone is around. They might not be friendly. If there is none, enter the door if you can.
>>
>>467203
first of all, if these "aliens" built a door, they must have some sort of arms to open them ; they are likely not four-legged creatures.
Besides, this sign of civilisation suggests a society, meaning that there are likely numerous "people" in there. So even if they are smaller in size, there is a high risk of being outnumbered. Picking a fight hardly is an option.
But civilisation and society also means that those creatures are likely to have a number of similar attitudes with humans. Maybe they know compassion, pity or curiosity. So there is a chance that in the case of an encounter, I wont be killed immediatly.
Besides, I wont be able to survive for very long without any food/water, and nothing of the sort seems to be lying around on the surface.

>Therefore, trying to open the door and looking for other living beings, food and water is the best option.
>>
>>467226
>>467271
You haven't seen anyone outside so far, and if these creatures are humans or anything like you they would have sought refugee already.
You don't spend any more time looking around but try to pull out the door.
To your surprise the door swings up more easily than you had expected, and you almost fall back a step.
From inside you were immediately hit with the odour you'd call. It reeks slightly, but the air was humid.
Humidity... ahhh... It felt so good stepping inside.
You see a small tunnel, leading down, further into the rock, and a source of light at the bottom of the ramp.
A small flickering light. A small fire? Candles maybe?

>Try to sneak down.
>Shout “something” to make your presence known.
>>
>>467433
>Try to sneak down.
>>
>>467433
Shouting is quite surprising and brutal. If those aliens are capable of hearing, they will probably become hostile because of it.

>Sneaking down until you see the light source or living beings, without getting close to either
>>
>>467478
>>467462

You have no idea what you're getting into, so after you close the door play it save and try to sneak down.
Hopefully these creatures have no enhanced sense of smell or hearing to know about your presence before you know about theirs.
Making your way down the air quickly gets colder and more pleasant.
You try to control your breathing even through your exhaustion, to move as silently as possible.
About halfway down the ramp you're able to hear voices. Human sounding voices.
Or at least something very close to human, you could probably make those sounds too.
They are high pitched, but you couldn't make out how many were talking.

But suddenly the voices stop.
First you wonder why that could be, but then you hear the growl of an animal and a canine-looking animal jumps into the tunnel you're in and eyes you.
It lowers it's body and looks like it was about to bounce at you, but only makes loud noises at you.
It's about as big as a medium sized dog.

>What do?

one more update before sleep
>>
>>467606
Hmm, seems like he should try to show he's not a threat. Puts your hands up and lower yourself.
>>
>>467611

agreed
>>
>>467623
>>467611

The dog thing continues to gnarl at you, so you take a step back and lift your empty hands to show you're not a threat.
New Info: These people have domesticated... 'dogs' for lack of a better word.
And they can make stone doors, so they are at at least a bronze age type progression.
One of the voices seems to get up and walks to the tunnel as well.
He or she, (you're not sure) talks probably to the 'dog', something along the lines of “What is it? Do you see something?”
But you don't understand shit. He/she could as well order the 'dog' to attack.
And around the corner comes... a man, clearly human, but small.
He's a little less confused than you are, pnly pointing at you and probably demanding to know why you invade his home.
“Please, I- I have no idea what you're saying.”
You continue to hold your hands up as he continues to talk to you.
“Sir, no- I- please. Ahh- this is pointless.”
He didn't call his 'dog' back, but at least he doesn't seem to be hostile.

Again:
>What do?

see you guys tomorrow
>>
>>467803
Try to your best to show he means no one any harm. Goodnight, 7.
>>
>>467803
Try to make some gestures to communicate with im, like putting your hands close to your mouth to show you're hungry and thirsty.
also kneel
>>
>>467803
Gesture docility, then gesture for food and water. Lets hope that whatever we gesture doesn't translate to "eat a dick"
>>
Hands up mouth speaking calmly
>>
>>467803 so early one morning we were sitting by the fire when my dog starts growling I follow him to the doorway to find this...... thing that was likea man but proportioned wrong it spoke in tongues in an inhuman voice and just did there
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.