[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy mercenary band quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: the_militia.jpg (577KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
the_militia.jpg
577KB, 800x565px
As the title says this will be a quest where you(we) take the roll of a mercenary band. But before I go on and start this quest I will lya down some basic info and rules. First of, you need to pick a mercenary band from different factions. You will start small with poor equipment, little in terms of wealth and little to no prestige.

Here are the basic rules:
>There are 3 resources that you need to have, and those are: Money in order to pay your soldiers, food in order to feed them, and prestige in order to get recognized in the land(s)

>Money and food that is used each action/turn are the number of men divided by 10

>Combat works with the d100 system where various equipment either gives you a bonus or a disadvantage. Example: All off you soldiers have broadswords, that gives you a +15 to your roll if you encounter enemies with weak armour.

Here are the various factions you can start as your warband, you will start out small and weak, just an FYI.
I will give the background info, etc, but it will be different depending on the faction you choose to play. And each faction will get a minor bonus on weapons, armour, resources, etc...

>Human peasant militia

>Dwarven drunkards

>Goblin raiders

>Troll vagabonds

>Orc brawlers

>Elven outcasts

>The merry band of brothers (a mix of various races)
>>
>>465109
Human racist knights
>>
>>465109
>>The merry band of brothers
>>
>>465109

Going with Goblin raiders.
>>
>>465109
>>Elven outcasts
>>
>>465114
>>465119
>>465121
>Not picking merry band of brothers
>Where Humans and Dwarves are drinking together.
>Where Goblins and Orcs fight in drunken stupor through the night.
>Where the trolls of the mercenary encampment can enjoy everyone's company with their tobacco, but they stay away from that grumpy and mysteriously scarred Elf known as "Troll Hunter" who sits alone by the great campfire.
>>
>>465109
>>The merry band of brothers (a mix of various races)
>>
>>465109
goblin raiders
>>
Ok these are the votes so far:
>Humans 1
>Goblin raiders 2
>Elven outcasts 1
>Merry band of brothers 2
>>
>>465109
>The merry band of brothers (a mix of various races, no goblins)
>>
>>465129
Goblins will be included if this one wins the vote
>>
>>465109
Goblin raiders
>>
>>465109
Merry Band of Brothers
>>
I will give it 10 more minutes before I choose a winner
>>
>>465109
>>The merry band of brothers (a mix of various races)
>>
The merry band of brothers (a mix of various races)
>>
>>465117
>>465124
>>465129 with goblins
>>465143

As the many wars of honour, betrail, revenge and claims on land are being fought out around the known world. In these dark times there are men fighting and dying for ther lords and alike. But some men, doesn't fight for honour, or their service to their kings and queens, no some men fight freely and to the highest bidders! This is the tale of these men, the soldiers for hire, the mercenaries.
This mercenary band is made up of many of the various races that has put aside their petty reasons for fighting and instead fight for a common casue, money and glory. So far the band only has 50 members. 20 of those are human peasants who went out to seek fortune, 10 other members are Dwarfs that has had enough of the underground and seek to fight above ground. But even a small party of 10 Goblins, tired of being pushed around by the boss have also banded together, although the relation between the dwarfs were hot blodded at firt, the two have now come to trust eachother. With the goblins joining a group of 5 of landless wandering Trolls joined up as well, giving their service to the band.
One fatefull night a group of 10 Elven archers had observed the group for a couple of days and were curious to why they were working together. They asked to join, simply becuase they had no where else to turn. Their elven lords had them banished for not abiding to their elven laws. Last but not least, two Orc brutes who too had been exiled from their homelands joined the band in order to get some more fighting and meaning to their lives

>10 humans
>10 Dwarfs
>10 goblins
>5 trolls
>10 elven archers
>5 Orcs

So far you have 100 food, 100 wealth, and 20 prestige

so, before we start the game properly, what shall we call this mercenary band?
>>
>>465183
>what shall we call this mercenary band?
Band of the Hawk.
>>
>>465183
Free Company.
>>
>>465183
Millennium Falcon
>>
>>465183
Free company
>>
>>465183
Carsen's Carvers
>>
>>465183
Free company
>>
>>465183

The Liberal Dream

Nah, joking, The Strongfist Band
>>
>>465183

Sweden
>>
>>465185
This
>>
>>465183
The Free Brothers.
>>
I like Free company.....free brothers could offend some women and keep them from joining
>>
>>465555
Nice bait
>>
>>465558
thx
>>
File: image.jpg (431KB, 842x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431KB, 842x1280px
>>465183
The Band of the Hawk
>>
>The Blinded Blades

Because we're blind to the race and past of our new brothers.
>>
>>465183

The Blood Bound

Brothers bound in the blood they shed for each other
>>
free band of the bloody hawk?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
>>466168
>>
>>465183
The Band of the Hawk
>>
>>465185
this
>>
I'll vote free company
>>
>>468784
this
>>
Well that was fast.
>>
Is this board always this slow?
>>
The thread life was shorter than an aborted fetus'
>>
>>465183
>Iron wolves
>Sable Company
>Thunderbloods
>The Legion
>Swiftmanes
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.