[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shared /qst/ Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: qst.jpg (195KB, 760x1040px) Image search: [Google]
qst.jpg
195KB, 760x1040px
Would anyone be interested in establishing a shared universe between their quests? It would of course be a very large universe with a quests able to happen separate from each other. There would however be a couple of strict rules throughout this universe and each quest would have to do some worldbuilding for whatever specific region it takes place in. Each quest would also have to contribute in some way to the overall understanding of this universe, even if it takes place on a completely separate planet and doesn't requires readers to know the universal lore.

My thought is the the Universe would be sectored off into realms, meaning each quest could exist separately, or in a realm that was already established, but respecting the original author's world-building. These realms would all have portals located somewhere inside them which lead to a central hub like pic related.

For a quest to be accepted it would have to do atleast one of the following:
1.) Establish and worldbuild a realm, accepting that another author could add to it after the completion of your quest.
2.) Take place in an established realm, respecting the original author's description, and send atleast one character through the portal to the central hub, even if this part if not covered after the character crosses through.
3.) Take place in the central hub.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something like this or had any suggestions to improve the concept.
>>
File: Enduring Clusterfuck.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Enduring Clusterfuck.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>464447
I don't think anybody would be really. There ain't much incentive to share universes, and each QM's own quest would be so separate from another that interaction would be minimal. Add to that the general attitude of 4chan, and it'll just be shitposting or universe dick-waving contests until the idea dies.
>>
>>464447
I could see it working in a space opera, where there's enough space for each QM to make their own story. Inconsistencies could easily be explained away due to the sprawling nature of the universe.

>Oh, QM#5 said that the Sanbok-Gurlake War destroyed the Flux-Gate near the twin black holes of Obadi?
>There was a temporal flex due to the event horizons fluctuating, which caused the Flux-Gate to be replicated 11 times

Enough technobabble, and you can explain away any plothole.
>>
>>464484
Yeah I'm kinda wary of the idea for those reasons.
>>464634
Right, basically why I would pick this setting.
>>
Id be interested. Unfortunately ill be without internet tluntil monday so... if anything happens I hope there'll still be enough space for me!
>>
File: 1456372332073.jpg (16KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1456372332073.jpg
16KB, 255x247px
>>464634
>Hey, in x quest we have fantasy,
>And in y quest, they destroyed a neutron star and caused a super nova, and after that, the center of a black hole released a gamma ray burst, wich destroyed a billion planets
>how did the oracle in quest x did not see a dark force in the universe? Is there a character strong enough to defeat z character?
>>
>>466156
The realms would be sectored off though, not literally in the same universe. There would only be portals connecting them.
>>
This sounds interesting, it'd be something fun for me to do also, but I'm not sure how easy this would all be to organize on 4chan.
>>
File: Adeptus_Astra_Telepathica.png (5KB, 103x171px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptus_Astra_Telepathica.png
5KB, 103x171px
sounds cool
>>
File: mussowhat now.jpg (37KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
mussowhat now.jpg
37KB, 304x304px
>>464731
(OP)
>Enough technobabble, and you can explain away any plothole.
>Right, basically why I would pick this setting.

Then, you have failed.
>>
File: great tits.jpg (1MB, 2182x1613px) Image search: [Google]
great tits.jpg
1MB, 2182x1613px
Despite most anons here saying otherwise, I think it would be fun to do. But there would have to be basic guidelines and a "general" universe or laws of said universe already established. It would be quite a bit of work to get up and running. Each Quest would have to report what has been accomplished to a central thread/general and large universe changing events would ALL have to be recorded to maintain consistency.

just for a simple example of what I mean
>Quest A Thread decides to join a faction and help take a city/planet from another faction

>Quest B Thread joins the other faction and does events in a different area of the world or system.

Both Quest A and B would need to be aware of the events taking place in each others threads and if necessary adapting their stories around them. Perhaps Quest A's faction was supposed to be the good guys but made bad choices. now Quest B might be considered good instead.

Like I said it would be a lot of work managing everything, but if enough effort is put into it and constantly maintained it could be worth it.

also, here's some tits.
>>
>>468126
Ugly tits.

We could start with everything separate for now while we get our universe established. I'm open to suggestions obviously since this is a decentralized thing.

I was thinking the central universe would contain Earth but would also have a superstructure like in the OP where delegates from each race could live and talk politics and stuff.
>>
>>468126
>>468266
instead of having a general thread, why not create discord for all the QM's to communicate in, and we can can relay that information back to the thread for whoever is curious? Just an idea, if this takes off.
>>
>>468382
that would work, Probably a lot smoother than a thread.
>>
It would require offsite planning with non-anonymous people, so I'm morally opposed to it. Sorry
>>
I'd definitely be interested in participating as a player, but I haven't yet made the transtition in to running my own yet
>>
>>468382
>>470204
I'll set one up tonight. Hopefully we can get a few strong quests at the beginning to showcase the idea.
>>
>>474366
You got the link for it?
>>
>>474366
>>475768
>https://discord.gg/WyjAc
Sorry this took so long, I'm ready now.
>>
>>464447
You should post it on Frathwiki or similar sites.
>>
I'm not sure about a common universe, but I do think that crossovers and cameos can be fun if they're written well. If the situation was right I'd happily host an appearance from another character in the quest I QM.
>>
>>478659
New link, still somewhat new to this so I'm not sure if I can/should get a permanent link:

https://discord.gg/55BuE
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.