[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NeoFantasy 2069

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Rules.png (718KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Rules.png
718KB, 1500x1500px
Hey /qst/, I spent the last night or so putting together a CyberMagic themed text adventure. Rules and fluff are in the image. Will post race select in next post, but a few things about this game:

>The only rules set in stone are the ones in the image, anything else is up to the rationale of the game world.

>For example, if you want to perform a parkour action, it is going to require a Dex stat check, even thought I did not suggest the parkour action in the listed choices i provided.

>This way you guys can suggest and direct the character more openly than I could if I just provided 4 static choices (which i will still provide, but i am encouraging involvement).

>Death is permanent and results in a restart unless very specific circumstances are in play.

I'll explain any additional fluff or confusion if you ask!
>>
>>46358
Is this like another shadowrun? Is magic really necessary?
>>
File: Race Select.png (1MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Race Select.png
1MB, 1500x3000px
Race Select Post:

First four posters roll 1d20 and highest selects the race + gender (unless otherwise specified races are Male and Female)

Objective: Survive and Prosper, although the Schism has been behaving strangely lately, leading to an increase in MUN storms, are you a bad enough dude to save Nu-YRK?
>>
>>46397
Kinda, I really enjoy that setting, however MUN (magic) is low fantasy, and isnt over the top. It merely explains some psionic powers and creature appearances.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>46398
Succubi
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46398
Rogue AI
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46358
Posexo
>>
>>46358
Looks great, but i'm too stupid to play
>>
File: Possessed Exo Genderless fin.png (93KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed Exo Genderless fin.png
93KB, 236x333px
>>46530

You awaken with a jolt of energy, old gears and circuitry sputtering to life. Frantic, you check your surroundings and realize you arent at the end of that dickwad drug dealer's gun barrel anymore.

You survey your "body" and find it to be cold, lifeless and metallic, although buzzing with the same consciousness you felt before the heated flash and split second thunder of the round sliding out of the muzzle and into your soft flesh.

You appear to be in a junkyard, littered with dated technology and robotics. After clumsily willing the servos in your lower limbs to articulate, you stumble over to a shattered Plexi-Billboard which reveals your new form.

A hollow shell of an old military exo suit, inhabited by sparkling violet energy, stares back.

Do you:

1. Panic
2. Search the Junkyard
3. Leave towards the Highway
4. Leave towards the Alleys
5. Other (You suggest)
>>
>>46648
Search the junkyard, looking for something useful to protect yourself. Mechanized weapons first, then working down the list to clubs. Also test strength of the suit on equipment lying around.
>>
>>46648
PANIC
>>
>>46724
>>46682
Please roll dice for making choices
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46732
>>46682
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46648
>2. Search the Junkyard
>>
>>46648
Dice+1d20
Search
>>
>>46778
Put in options field
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46778
You type it in options.
>>
>>46741
>>46746

After recoiling from your new digs, you decide you better arm yourself, as the last time you brought a knife to a gun fight, it didn't turn out so well.

You scan the strewn bits of technology in the yard, and a promising pile appears near some old world wheeled vehicles. It's the pile you stumbled out of, the shape of your exo suit carved out of the other heaps of metal.

Within, you find some military hardware, namely a Police-issue MUNBaton. While supposedly nonlethal, a good crack over an organic's brainstem or synth's central processor should do the trick. The mini-MUN field it emits should pose as a warning to any potential threats. You also find a couple empty ApFEL batteries and 2 empty CyberCorp "Enforcer" Pistol magazines which seem to fit into the two empty magazine slots on your hips.

This must be a dump site for all 3 districts, maybe figuring out where the heck you are will be the first step to figuring out WHAT you are.

Do you:

1. Leave towards Highway
2. Leave towards Alleyway
3. Attempt to charge the ApFEL batteries
4. Call out for any signs of life
5. Other
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>46829
Nice, weapons.

Leave towards alleyway.
>>
>>46829
>2. Leave towards Alleyway
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46873
>>
>>46868
>>46873

Current Equipment:
>Old Mil-Exo – Obsolete and Rusty
>MUNBaton – Baton with small MUN field, causes slight burns on Organics and wildly disrupts MUNtants/MUN users. No extra effect on Robotics.
>Handful of ApFEL batteries
>2 CC Enforcer Pistol Mags (Empty)

Feeling a bit more confident than before, you head out the back exit of the junkyard. Its a dark alley, dimly lit, save for a barrel fire towards the end. You head down it, and as you reach the barrel by the mouth of the road, a crew of 3 scummers (dirty thieving scavengers) round the corner. You overhear their conversation "What the fuck is that?" "some kinda 'borg maybe?" "Nah its gotta be an old robo that someone left the battery in."

They approach, the one in front's teeth flashing a sly grin. "We aren't gonna hurt ya botboy, lets just see if you got any decent parts on ya. Ey, run a neura-hack on it and see if its defense programming is in tact, im not tryna lose a limb here." The scummer in the back looks at you with his cybernetic eye and types something into a wrist module "Uhhhh, boss there's nothin for me to hack in that thing."

You enunciate "Is there going to be a problem?" with an electric hiss which sends the scummers into shock. "THE FUCK IS THIS? Im not picking up any organics in it either!"

Do you:

1. Initiate a fight
2. Walk past them
3. Try to flee the opposite way to the junkyard
4. Look for alternative escapes (up)
5. Other.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>46964
Mistake one: trying to hack me.
Mistake two: verbalizing that you're out of options.

1. Initiate fight
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46964
>1. Initiate a fight
>>
>>46990
(Feel free to add flavor like that when making actions, makes it more enjoyable!)

Exo Status: No Repairs Needed, Systems Nominal
Soul Status: AVG MUN Energy

Current Equipment:
>MUNBaton – Baton with small MUN field, causes slight burns on Organics and wildly disrupts MUNtants/MUN users. No extra effect on Robotics.

You use their shock to your advantage, and crack your MUNBaton over the leader's head. He yelps instinctively as the radiation field scorches the side of his skull, which is cut short as soon as the haft of the baton makes contact. He's out cold, his arm begins convulsing a little bit as he lands in a puddle. "Guess his cyberarm is as mis-wired as his brain is" you think to yourself. The larger of the three scummers rushes you and attempts to grapple you. However, your exo suit is quite large to get around. (Before next action roll a 1d20 for disengaging grapple, need higher than a 4 to pass due to your high strength). You notice panic on the hacker scummer's face as he tries frantically to gain control of any part of your cyber system. Little does he know, your EXO suit isn't even powered on, its been sitting in the junk yard for about 7 years now.

Do you:
1. Attempt to deal with the Larger Scummer (Requires higher than 7 on 1d20 + grapple roll)
2. Attempt to neutralize the hacker Scummer (Requires higher than 5 on 1d20 + grapple roll)
3. Attempt to Flee (only requires grapple roll)
4. Other

(so for this you need to roll 3 d 20's, one for your choice being picked, one for the grapple, and then if you choose 1 or 2 one for dealing with the scummer.)
>>
Rolled 2, 15, 3 = 20 (3d20)

>>47094
>2. Attempt to neutralize the hacker Scummer (Requires higher than 5 on 1d20 + grapple roll)
Rolling
>>
Rolled 2, 18, 9 = 29 (3d20)

>>47094
The big scummer is more of a threat, the hacker is DOA.
>>
>>47149
(going with this since rolls tied, but 18>15)

Exo Status: No Repairs Needed, Systems Nominal

Current Equipment:

You easily shove off the larger scummer as he struggles to get his arms around you, only adding to his confusion of what can power an EXO of that size so fluidly. As he's taken off gaurd, you shoulder-charge him as a MUN powered 600 pound rage train. He slams into the alley wall, leaving a slight cratered impression, as his ribcage shatters on impact. The only sounds escaping this thug now are raspy wheezes as he desperately tries to pull air into his collapsed and punctured lungs.

Focusing your attention towards the hacker, he whips a pistol out and levels it towards you, shaking wildly in terror. "FUCKING FREAK" he screams as he squeezes the trigger as fast and hard as he can. Shots whiz past you, one grazes your right shoulder, chipping paint, and another finds a home in your right forearm. You yell out in surprise, but surprisingly feel no pain. You merely perceive there is now a hole in your EXO and a foreign object clanging around inside. A flicker of violet energy dances out from the hole. You return your gaze to the scummer, who's eyes are closed and is still rapidly clicking the trigger, producing mechanical noise as he ran out of bullets.

Do you:
1. Attempt peace
2. Investigate the violet energy
3. Attempt to flee
4. Attack the Hacker Scummer
5. Other
>>
Rolled 13, 20, 16 = 49 (3d20)

>>47250
Let's finish the leftovers off quickly. That gun might be useful. Then I'll look into what's leaking.

>4. Attack the Hacker Scummer
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>47250
1. Attempt peace
>>
>>47306
(Won roll)

Exo Status: Bullet hole in right forearm.

Current Equipment:

"Hey buddy, i didnt want any trouble in the first place!" you shout towards the hacker. The scummer opens one eye as he is still clicking the trigger frantically. "Uhhhh, you'll let me go?" A puddle is forming at his feet. "Not entirely.." He screeches as you grab him by the neck, "You're gonna answer a couple questions first."

You interrogate him for where you are, what you are, and who he is.

"I-i-i'm just a scavenger man, that dude seizing in the puddle over theres the real bad one! im just following orders!"
"We're on old Staten Island, at a junkyard obviously." (Staten Island is a wasteland of old tech and dumping sites, scum and MUNtants inhabit it, it is not controlled by any corporation)
"I dont know what the FUCK you are man! My heat scanners arent showing any signs of organics in you and i cant access any of your systems, its like they arent even on! but you're fucking MOVING!."

He yelps again as you shake him violently, trying to rattle him a bit more, his pants now leaking onto your foot.

"IDONTKNOWANYTHINGELSEDONTKILLMEPLEEEEEASE"

Do you:
1. Let him go
2. Kill him
3. Take his equipment
4. Combination of the above.
5. Other
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>47396
4. Combination of the above.
Take his stuff and warn him to never come back.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>47396
I think he's straightened out now.

Take his equipment, let him go.

Then look into violet energy.

I wonder if the third scummer's cyberarm is of any use.

[Gotta turn in for the night, thanks QM. I'll keep following]
>>
>>47415
>>47437
(Thanks for playing Rally, continuing for anyone else in thread)

Current Equipment:
>CC Enforcer Pistol
>Personal Wrist Module (Allows rudimentary hacking once installed)

You lower him to the ground, his knees trembling and nearly buckling as they return to the street. You violently disarm him, spraining his gun hand's wrist. You holster it into the slot on your leg, as your turn your attention to his wrist module. His eyes go wide as he pleads for you to stop, but in one swift motion you tear it from his forearm, orgo-synth cables and interface tearing out from his flesh. He screams in pain and quickly scrambles away clutching his mangled left arm. "ILL GET YOU YOU FUCK AND FIND OUT WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU TICK" he screams from the distance. You'd smile at his futility, if you could make facial expressions.

>Scummer groups on Staten Island begin spreading rumors about the appearance of a "Gheistbot", neither man nor machine, but something else entirely, born from the Schism.

Do you:
1. Investigate your wound
2. Head down the road towards the pier
3. Head the other way towards the highway
4. Other

(Taking a 15 minute break to do IRL stuff)
>>
>>47583
Back if anyone's still around to play!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>47583
>1. Investigate your wound
I am here. Went to eat dinner.
>>
>>48119

Current Equipment:
>CC Enforcer Pistol

You're puzzled by the flickering plasma that flits out of the bullet hole in your arm. You find a quiet spot off the street, sequestered away from any possible threats. The energy crackling inside your EXO seems to resemble that which pours forth from the Schism above. You've heard the urban legends about how souls go to the Schism once parted from their mortal coils, which you chalked up to new-age religious fervor. However, from what you remember, you died. It mightve been instant, or it mightve been a while, but you remember explicitly being somewhere in the CyberCorp district, Old Brooklyn, picking up a dose of E-gasm (A popular party drug that stimulates cybernetic and organic systems) when the deal went bad and you ate lead. Next thing you know, you wake up here in Staten Island, controlling an EXO, with some weird violet energy zipping around inside it.

Do you:
1. Attempt to remove a piece of your EXO for a closer look
2. Have an existential breakdown
3. Try to use the wrist module to access the C-Net for more information
4. Attempt to patch the hole
5. Other
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>48188
>4. Attempt to patch the hole
Might leak.
>>
>>48214

Current Equipment:
>CC Enforcer Pistol

From your memories as a previous organic, that sanguine red stuff inside you is best used when it STAYS inside you. Drawing a parallel, you attempt to patch the fizzling geyser of energy sizzling out of your arm hole. First you shake and rattle your arm around until the bullet falls out, sounds like your hollow inside save for that mysterious energy. Next you look for something to patch it with,

Do you:
1. Use parts of the Wrist Module
2. Try to use the polymer of the dead batteries
3. Attempt to solder the metal parts of the empty pistol magazines over the hole
4. Any Combination
5. Other

This success roll requires an Intelligence check of 10 with a 1d20, followed by a dexterity check of 7 with a 1d20 (Roll+2d20 to do this). Your previous experience as a cybernetics mechanic in your last life grants you a high int bonus of +4 to your roll. You're still getting used to being an automaton so your average dexterity does not help or hinder you.
>>
Rolled 5, 8 = 13 (2d20)

>>48248
>3. Attempt to solder the metal parts of the empty pistol magazines over the hole
>>
>>48271
Drat. Only passed the dex check barely.
>>
>>48271

Exo Status: Awkwardly patched bullet hole in right forearm.

Current Equipment:
>1 CC Enforcer Pistol Mags (Empty)
>CC Enforcer Pistol

You dont quite know how you're gonna melt the light alloy of the pistol into a proper solder (Failed INT check), but you'll be damned if you can't think of something to plug that hole. (Passed Dex check). You pull apart the magazine easily until you have two strips of metal, which you then twist the ends of them together to make a ring from the two strips. You slip this over your arm and tighten it when the strip is covering the hole, creating a mechanical gauze. There is less fizzing now that the wound is mostly covered, but the seal is not complete. This should do however, as it doesnt seem to be actively leaking anything, the energy is just congregating and sparking around the edges.

Do you:
1. Head for the Highway
2. Head for the Pier
3. Other
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>48317
3. Check the junkyard for useful parts before leaving for the Highway
>>
>>48354

Exo Status: Awkwardly patched bullet hole in right forearm.

Current Equipment:
>1 CC Enforcer Pistol Mags (Empty)
>CC Enforcer Pistol

Before heading away from your rebirth place, you decide to make one last check at the Junkyard for any useful items you might've missed. You pass the now deceased Scummer Leader and Thug, who don't have much but their clothes on them. Back in the junkyard, stuff seems to be moved. The pile you climbed out of has thinned, there's a surprisingly smaller amount of discarded robots and EXOs strewn about. Everything seems to have been picked clean while you were out on your little adventure, a rather large group of scummers must have wandered through. Luckily, a glint by a hunk of old computer parts catches your eye. You investigate and find a credit stick with a moderate sum of 1337 C-Bits (Currency), it mustve fallen from a scummer while they were searching thru the detritus. You walk up the unused on-ramp to the flyover highway, and head towards the long suspension bridge into the city. The flashing neon beckons you. You're more than halfway across the suspension bridge, a long walk high over the water between Staten Island and CyberCorp territory, when you hear skittering sounds closing in behind you. You duck behind a car but didnt manage to get a look.

Do you:
1. Peek out and try to ascertain whats making that noise
2. Find a more suitable hiding spot
3. Stay put and try not to move or make sound
4. Face whatever it is head on
5. Other.
>>
>>48450
>3. Stay put and try not to move or make sound
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>48468
Forgot to roll.
>>
Goodnight, OP. I like this story.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.