[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 6206.jpg (363KB, 950x475px) Image search: [Google]
6206.jpg
363KB, 950x475px
Skill mods:
Athletics: -1
Acrobatics: +3
Sleight of Hand+ +3
Stealth: +5
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Investigation: +3
Nature: +1
Religion: +1
Animal Handling: +2
Insight: +2
Medicine: +2
Perception: +4
Survival: +2
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +5

---
You used to be a simple man, working in a bar as a cook. Your older brother was an individual who you always looked up to. He always knew what to do, he was always calm, and now he disappeared. He wrote you a letter telling you that he had to leave in order to find something very important, and not to worry about him if he didn't return. You couldn't, however, just leave him to die, not after all he'd done for you and the rest of the family. So, acting somewhat on impulse, you made a pact with a fiend to help you rescue your brother. In exchange, the contract signed in blood reads, you must carry out some services for him upon his requests, the details of which remain unspecified, the only limit being that they cannot be directly suicidal.
---
After you signed the contract, everything went black. You have just woken up in your dingy apartment(inn like setup, this is still a fantasy setting), but it is completely cleared out. All you have is whatever clothing you were wearing at the time, with some spare change still in the pockets, and a mysterious ring of black metal with a gleaming red ruby on it. As you leave the building you recognize your best friend of 5 years on the street, walking, but as you approach him he doesn't seem to recognize you. Conversation confirms this assumption, and he seems to think you're crazy.

The realization suddenly hits you that this fiend has changed your appearance, for reasons you don't understand.

What do you do?
>>
>>455716
Look for a mirror.
>>
>>455743
roll perception
>>
>>455868
What dice?
>>
>>455894
1d20+4
>>
Rolled 14 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>455904
>>
>>455926
You see a tailor shop with dark windows. You are successfully able to use the windows as a mirror, and you realize you have a completely different face than you had before.
>>
>>455958
take out the ring and equip it
>>
>>456339
it's already on your finger. You can't take it off.
>>
>>456342
with sleight of hand could we fool someone into giving us some extra cash?
>>
>>456363
that would be deception or persuasion to convince them to give it to you. Sleight of Hand would be more for pickpocketing.
>>
>>456408
go check the local store
>>
>>456419
You go to the general store. In it you see shelves crammed with random goods as an overzealous shopkeeper greets you and bombards you with obviously exaggerated descriptions of his goods.
>>
>>456457
does he have anything important? if not just try to contact the fiend
>>
>>456526
Roll a perception check and specify what exactly you're looking for
>>
>>455716
>we want to find our brother
>make demonic blood pact to help maybe
>leave nowhere closer to our goal
>oh yeah we got face swapped so even if we find our brother he won't recognize us
>get ring

Sorry if I'm being critical but what exactly am I supposed to make this guy do.

Based on the limited info you gave us maybe try googling police databanks or demonic cult blogs for signs of our brother. Maybe go to the police and file a missing persons report?

I'm confused man...
>>
>>455716
Wait a second
>After you signed the contract, everything went black. You have just woken up in your dingy apartment(inn like setup, this is still a fantasy setting), but it is completely cleared out. All you have is...

>>>455926
>You see a tailor shop with dark windows. You are successfully able to use the windows as a mirror, and you realize you have a completely different face than you had before.

Fantasy setting with a tailor that has large dark windowpanes?

You have some explaining to do buddy.
What is this magical seting?
>>
>>459456
1) Apartment isn't really the right word. Think more of like an inn setup, the idea I'm trying to convey is that you pay rent to be able to stay (because you cannot afford your own house)
2) You already lived here because you couldn't afford better conditions.
3) The tailor who makes the clothes lives on the next floor up from where he makes and sells his goods. Like a family business.
4) I never said the windows were large. He has some grey-ish clothing on display with a black background. It is midday outside. The result is that there is enough of a reflection for you to be able to make out this quite obvious fact. It's not like the details have changed, you look like a completely different individual.

>>459441
That's up to you. I'm doing my best not to railroad because I hate that in RPG games. There are a lot of different ways to get leads to where your brother might have gone off to, where you could find him, and an adventure when you actually go to rescue him.

I don't do a lot of DM/GMing, so I'm sorry if I'm not conveying my ideas clearly. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I will try to further clarify.
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>459567
no its fine, im rolling for perception
>>
>>459664
forgot to add, looking for weapons of some sort.
>>
>>459664
That was in reply to someone else. You don't see anything but the shopkeeper looks uneasy, like he's trying to hide something. You can't tell what it is though.
>>
>>459758
talk to him
>>
>>459775
...and say what?
>>
>>459815
star with something simple move on to current news then move on to his problems
>>
>>461297
roll a charisma check
>>
Rolled 9 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>461899
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.