[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DragonQuest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (455KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455KB, 1920x1200px
Wreathed in smoke, a green dragon has alighted on the thatched roof of the house opposite your tavern. Belching flame, it seems to be selecting the choicest morsel from a humanoid buffet. What do you do?

Rules:
>all the Anonymous responders are crappy townsfolk
>Create a tripcode that includes your class and race choice so I know it's you (Elf Ranger With Crossbow, Fire Cleric of Loki, etc)
>your post number dictates how well you did
>I know that dice rolls exist but this is just faster than coming up with modifiers for a d20 system
>Dubs are critical hits, trips are crits with plot-relevant benefits. Anything ending in 0 is bad, 00 is a critical fail.
>>
>>455325
Seduce the dragon
>>
>>455325

Smack it on the head with my stick.
>>
>>455325

"Oh lord!!! The Dragon!!!!" While running around like headless chicken.
>>
>>455325

I cast Haste on myself.
>>
Sorry for no name earlier, this is OP.

>>455486
The dragon pauses, with a struggling peasant still in one claw, as the aroma of aromatic yet reptilian perfume wafts through the air accompanied by a strain of draconic balladry. You have earned its attention.

>>455535
The dragon does not understand humanoid hand gestures, and while your tone is unmistakeable, it's possible the beast did not recognize the insult.

>>455546
You charge over to the cottage where it perches, swinging overhand with your staff at the only part you can reach - the twining tail. The stick wedged between two sharp spines and is stuck fast - you'll either have to let go of your stick, or be dragged into the air.
>>
>>455600
I promise this is OP, I don't know why the page refreshed. If it matters I have the .jpg from the starting post still.
>>
>>455577
Anyway...you recall a potent spell of Speed, mouthing the words as you prepare to fight. To your surprise, your first step sends you headlong across the road. You have greatly augmented jumping and running ability, but only if you control it.
>>
>>455325
I throw my twig!
>>
>>455600
Continue to seduce the dragon
>>
>>455611
I draw my longsword, leap onto the dragon, and attack.
>>
>>455600
I let go of my stick and challenge the dragon to a dance battle.
>>
>>455676
You have now fully engaged the dragon. It unfurls its wings and slides sinuously down onto the road in front of you, ignoring as commoners run around in a blind panic and other adventurers try unsuccessfully to confront or distract it. To keep the dragon's interest positive, you'll need to say something poetic and flattering. Also it has to rhyme, that's very important to dragons.

>>455667
Surprisingly, this does nothing. The twig flies erratically through the air and lands next to a discarded halberd by the door. You failed to hit the dragon or affect the battle in any meaningful way. But you have an idea...

>>455680
You leap forward, longsword upraised. Unfortunately, at that exact moment, a gust of wind from the buffeting wings sends you careening past into the roof of another house. You are briefly stunned and lose about 10% of your health.

>>454700
The dragon's first dance move is to accidentally step on you, reducing you to less than half your health. You are also pinned, but any touch spells would be auto hits if you can manage to get the words out.
>>
File: image.jpg (508KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
508KB, 2100x1052px
>>455749
Sorry, mistyped 455700
>>
>>455761
>>455700
>>
>>455749
I search for more stuffs
>>
>>455749
"Oh lovely dragoness so powerful and divine,
your emerald scales have made you rightfully haughty.
Would you please dragoness humbly being mine,
afterwards we can get return to your den and become naughty"
>>
>>455801
hopefully she'll enjoy this... oh blast
looks like i took things way too fast
>>
>>455768
cast fly and reverse gravity.
>>
>>455749
I attempt to regain my bearings, then cast Mage Armor and Stoneskin to bolster my defenses.
>>
>>455781
You come up with a coil of sturdy but not unbreakable rope, several spare torches, a jar of oil, an old longbow and four arrows.

>>455801
The dragon is not amused by how forward you are being, and a gout of angry flame demolishes the door to the tavern that you had all piled out of moments before. You were caught on the edges of the blast that cause you to suffer painful burns, snap several harpstrings, and inhale smoke. Any further musical seduction is not impossible but will be difficult.

>>455836
You cast fly on yourself and then reverse the gravity in your immediate area, which is no wider than the foot currently pinning you down. The dragon doesn't even notice the extra weight pulling its limb upwards, but as soon as that leg moves you'll go up like a champagne cork.

>>455841
You balance carefully on the building's gable, weaving potent magicks into your already enchanted blade. The Mage armor settles about your shoulders in a bluish mantle, but the stoneskin comes with a few chips and cracks, magical holdovers from your last injury.
>>
>>455872
Why the constant ID changes? I didn't leave the page.

If anyone else's ID is polymorphed just tell me
>>
>>455872
I attach the halberd to my back with a piece of the rope. I then attach the rest of the rope to one of the arrows and coat all the arrows in tar before lighting the tar on one of the arrows and sending it (hopefully) into the dragons eye.
>>
>>455872
I charge the dragon once more, sword drawn.
>>
>>455872
Polymorph into a dragon.
>>
>>455872
"Apologies Dragoness, I did not mean to offend,
and being virtuous is perfectly fine and dandy.
I still would like to be considered more than a friend,
Let us start over. Hello, My name is Randy."
>>
OP/DM here. FINALLY figured out that my computer was spazzing between Wi-Fis, and every time it picked a new one, I was treated as coming from a new IP. I fixed it so THIS is the ID from now on.

>>455933
You accomplish these tasks with impressive speed. There are maybe 30 yards of rope, and only a few make a comfortable sling for your new polearm. The rest go into your new dragon-catching line, which, attached to one of the arrows, becomes a deadly weapon. You aim, and with unusual accuracy for your background as a simple guard, fire the first burning arrow into the tender skin around the dragon's eye. It isn't blinded, but it is certainly in pain, and wants to know who stung it.

>>455940
You run forward down the side of the roof and off, hoping to reach the other roof with a leap. Your leap carries you almost thirty feet forward, but you bounce and go flying back into the first road, next to a destroyed tavern door and a smoking, disheveled bard. You are immediately aware of a burning stare on your back, and turn slowly to face an angry dragon with ichor welling from one damaged eye and a rope leading off to a city guard holding a bow.

>>455941
You begin the spell of polymorph, but renewed pressure as the dragon shifts onto the leg pinning you causes you to lose the spell. You can try again.

>>455956
If an arrow hadn't just stung the "Dragoness" near its cornea, it would probably be looking on you more favorably. As it is, the first real attack of the fight has made it forget you completely, which is probably good, all things considered. A mystical-looking man with elvish ears flies over the roof and lands next to you with a thump, and you both follow the rope to the newest player in the game.
>>
I'm not participating; just came to say something.

[Insert Battleon jokes here]
>>
>>456089
I wave then keep shooting the last 3 burning arrows
>>
>>456089
I cast teleport then polymorph into a dragon.
Shouting expletives all the while
>>
>>456089
I temporarily enchant my blade with magic and slash at the dragon's eyes.
>>
I play a lovely melody that makes everyone sleepy
>>
>>456116
The burning arrows fly straight. Two clatter off the dragon's scales without doing harm, but the third hits a soft spot near the base of the right wing, where a pinion feather would be on a bird. The dragon leaps for you and with a smash of its foreleg, you are dashed against a wall and take half of your health in damage.

>>456127
Your teleport also fails. However, you bite back the polymorph spell, noticing that the dragon is about to leap away. When it does, you finish the shapechanging magic, and feel the changes in your body shudder their way through your spine. Next turn, you'll be a small dragon, and the next turn after that, you'll rival your enemy in size.

>>456129
Your blade's enchantment fails to deeply pierce the hide, drawing blood as the beast rushes past you but not slowing it down. You can jump onto the back in a moment, and next turn you'll be there on its back where you can attack more aggressively.

>>456155
In the midst of everything, you begin to sing a throaty solo that causes eyelids all over the ravaged town to droop. Everyone needs to roll above a 20, including the dragon, to resist falling asleep for their next roll ( in addition to other things).
>>
>>456210
I leap onto the dragon's back and try to find a spot where I can strike properly.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>456217

Looks like I'm falling asleep.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>456210
>>
As a town person I notice everyone's valiant efforts to deal with the dragon and I buy each trip a pint of ale for being brave adventurers
>>
>>456210
Tie up any sleeping "heroes". Yall aint messing up my chances with a dragon
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>456210
(I'm not sure if I should roll a d20 or a 100 so I'm doing both)
If I succeed ask the wizard if he would like to be an anchor before tying the rope to his leg I then climb up the rope to the dragons head and slash it

Also as an afterthought yell at the bard why does he want to lay with an evil-aligned dragon?!?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>456270
>>
File: 6c6.png (19KB, 141x150px) Image search: [Google]
6c6.png
19KB, 141x150px
>>456270
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>456221
>>
>>456210
Roll Save vs sleep
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>456210
I'm also gonna roll a 100 just in case and cuz
>>
>I should have clarified getting above a 20 on post numbers, analogous to rolling a 5 or better on the d20. Everyone but the spellsword passed.

The dragon does not fall asleep. He is suspicious that the bard tried to make him vulnerable, though the guard is still his biggest concern. He leaps for the guard again, when a new roar makes everyone's heads whip around, not including the half-elf spellsword who is sleeping innocently and unnoticed on the dragon's back. A new, reddish dragon with pink scales has appeared from the very spot where the green dragon came! It bellows a challenge and smoke pours from its nostrils.

>>456217
As you leap onto the dragon, you feel a suffusing calm and comfort draw you downwards into unconsciousness. Your last thought is that the dragon hopefully won't notice you, since you didn't get a chance to wound it before failing your save against sleep.

>>456238
You successfully avoid falling asleep (I said to use the post numbers originally, so we'll forgive that natural 1). Your transformation works, and you are now a dragon of about 2/3 the size of the green dragon. If you fight it before reaching full size, you'll be at a disadvantage.

>>456270
You do not fall asleep. You shout your request to the new pink dragon, but it is too busy acclimating to its new dimensions. As you run up the rope towards the enemy, green talons come out of nowhere and pluck you into the air. The dragon flings you through the inn's second-floor window and you feel something in your leg break before beginning to faint from the pain. Roll a d20 Fortitude save to stay conscious.

>>456254
You notice the local town guard go flying into a window upstairs as you fill mugs of beer. It looked injurious. Maybe you can save him?
>>
>>456255
>Put yours separately because it depended on this post number

The dragon turns to face the new dragon, and a sleeping half-elf slides off and lands unharmed on a vegetable cart. You stroll over, not making any sudden movements, and have time to bind the spellsword's swordin' arm to one handle of the cart. After your song ends, he'll be free to roll d20 checks to break free, unless you can convince him that fighting the dragon is against his best interests.
>>
>>456386
Steal all the loots and stab people (in the neck) who are trapped under support beams and stuff
>>
>>456386
I distract the dragon while evading it's attacks.
>>
>>456386
I attempt to wake up.
>>
>>456395
I begin to play a song that stops everyone and calm ask what the green dragon wants
>>
>>456386
I brain >>456414 with my bat, and throw all the money he's collected at the dragon.
>>
>>456442
Going to switch IPs for a bit, going on my phone.
>>
>>456530
This is me.
>>
>>456542
Or not, apparently. Didn't know that phone and computer shared the same IP if they're on the same network.
>>
>>456414
You approach the nearest adventurer, but a spell of calming forces you to take a step back and reconsider the situation. You realize that no one seems to be fighting anymore, and that stealing from these tense warriors could lead to violent repercussions.

>>456418
The dragon begins to chase you, and you duck around the town's only church, a place you've never had occasion to visit. You begin to strike out for open air, but a second spell washes over you both and forces you to calm down. You cease flying about and the green dragon settles onto the nearby church spire, where it watches you with fathomless eyes. You are still growing, but slowly now.

>>456442
You do. You are lying on a vegetable cart, and your arm is bound to the handle with rope. You can free your sword or a dagger to cut it in seconds; however, the bard who tied you seems to be defusing the situation. Your spells have yet to run their course, but there may be no more fighting.

>>456461
Your spell calms down the situation for the most part. The green dragon settles on the church steeple, the pink dragon finds a perch across the town square from it, and the various humanoids gradually stop fighting.

>As most of you begin to walk cautiously toward the town square, a few more characters emerge from side streets. A Jester with a dagger steps out from behind a stone statue of Lady Liliana, a local saint, and makes for the prostrate Half-Elf, but a local commoner with a wooden cudgel leaps into his path, striking at him and dashing a few coppers from his purse. The commoner (or is he?) stoops down to pick up the farthings, throwing them into the square for the dragon to accept.

There are now at least four or five of you, and the dragon's throat is rumbling ominously. A successful roll of 18 (14 for charisma-based characters, 16 for intelligence based ones) will predict its next move.
>>
>>456552
rolling

(btw roll20 is a good site for moving all of the players for a real game. Not suggesting anything just putting it forward.
>>
The dragons came to pay for all the cattle they ate?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>456565
rolling a d20 cause I think thats what you want.
>>
>>456552
I cut myself free of my bindings and stand on guard.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>456552
The dragon will make its demands
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>456586
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>456552

I kinda wanna try seducing the dragon.
>>
>>456595
Me and the dragon circle each other curiously...
>>
>>456595
bastard that was my idea first
>>
File: download (7).jpg (8KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8KB, 196x257px
>>456604
Thanks RNG.
>>
>>456565
I thought of that, but there was no way to tell if a small enough group of players would stay long enough to make it work.

>>456571
You begin to wonder if the dragon is here to eat your livestock, and you anxiously hope your flock of beloved goats is safe inside their barn where they won't be noticed. But since you aren't just a farmer, you feel your *other* skillset might be more useful here...

>>456576
You think the dragon will be full after eating one or two people, so maybe you just have to be faster than the slowest adventurers to stay safe?

>>456586
You cut the bonds with your sword, leap up, and ready yourself on the cart for what might come.

>>456587
You think the dragon is going to demand a princess or some equivalent noblewoman for brunch. Either that or an omelette. Your Draconic minor in Bard College was a bit of a paper class.

>>456595
You want to try seducing the dragon, now that you're in a form it can do something with. You try to unfurl your wings majestically, but because of >>456600 one of them catches a weathervane and tears it out of its socket to go flying across the town and into an orphanage. The dragon seems to find this lame, and it looks like you'll be forced to spend tonight with your right claw and a Wand of Grease (as the 1st level spell).

To everyone's surprise, the green dragon begins to speak in a deep and sonorous Common, albeit of a dialect no longer spoken outside of libraries and theatrical plays.
>>
File: EbC2Jq.gif (750KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
EbC2Jq.gif
750KB, 320x240px
>>456600
>Thanks RNG
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>456626
I run away from the dragon. Kicking some people and just shoving them to the dragon as a meal while running.

(Does any other players wanna use roll20?)
>>
>>456626
I will try to impress it with copious amounts of rampant destruction and murder.
(I will win randy!)
>>
>>456626
I presume we can understand this dialect? If not, I cast Tongues. Either way, I'll stay on guard and listen to the drain as best I can.
>>
>>456638
I honestly wouldn't mind meeting up on roll 20, though I probably would abstain from voice chat.
>>
>>456649
I have no mic so same.
>>
>>456644
Dragon, not drain. My phone has a habit of making errors like this.
>>
>>456626
>theatrical plays.
This is my time
"Dragoness so beautiful, wise, and powerful,
why do you destroy this wonderful and peaceful town?
This other dragon stinks something quite sourful,
Why not aid me and show him who wears the crown.
>>
File: tegaki.png (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
102KB, 600x400px
>>456626
>I am here to find a creature small enough to fit inside a space no larger than one claw length from side to side and strong enough to climb back out. Will anyone do this for me, in exchange for treasure?
>>
>>456677
march up to the dragon and make a salute signify I will do this task
>>
>>456677
Is this actually a girl dragon I never actually checked
>>
Also, to anyone interested in Roll20 at some point, I can't tonight. We reached a good quest hook, the dragon seems to be offering treasure to anyone willing to undertake a mission of some kind, but if you want to keep playing some other DM could handle it on Roll20. Otherwise, I could be up for something (no voice chat) tomorrow evening, depending on how hard it is to set up roll20 as the DM.
>>
>>456677
March up to her
Salute.
Ask if I could travel with her afterwards.
>>
>>456694
https://www.youtube.com/user/Roll20Help

Roll20 tutorial

can we play at like 7:30 UTC tomorrow?
>>
>>456694
Tomorrow evening I'll post in this thread again with some sort of link if I have the time to create a good enough instance. Anyone who's around, is around.

To conclude,

>>456687
>>456695
The dragon offers to carry you (in human form) several leagues' journey into the mountains, where her task needs completing.

Anyone else interested in joining this ride (wizard, jester, possibly spellsword and bard as well, guard if he wakes up) as well as newcomers, say so before the next post about dragon's destination (tomorrow)

>>456689
Lucky for you she is.
>>
>>456710
Unfortunately I teach until 12:30 UTC (side job). I'm surprised you're up so late, Jester. Probs it would be later than that, like 10-11 UTC (6-7 EST).
>>
>>456716
>She
Interested in embarking on a quest

Also it's not difficult to set up roll20. You shouldn't need anything more than the free version.
>>
>>456716
I'll come along for the ride. Need to see this through, at any rate. Should hopefully be there for roll20 as well.
>>
>>456722
I hope you mean 10 PM UTC cause if you mean AM that 6:00 am for me. I can make it if its 10-11 UTC PM
>>
>>456694
I'm in.
Also she will be mine!
>>
Wake up. wince in pain I then drink a healing potion and volunteer for the journey to prevent further bloodshed (and to hopefully find a weakness)
>>
Soo is this happening?
>>
>>459619
I hope so. We'll just have to wait on OP to deliver.
>>
File: Still Waiting For Op To Deliver.jpg (107KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Still Waiting For Op To Deliver.jpg
107KB, 400x400px
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9KB, 275x183px)
images (1).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>459799
>>
hello?
>>
dead thread gentlemen
someone else will have to be dm if we want it to continue
>>
>>469718
Why don't you?
>>
>>469951
You misunderstand my comment sir
I have never even played a ttrpg. I'm much too unskilled to handle something like this.
>>
>>470329
well have you ever played an RPG?
>>
>>470371
I mean, rpg video games yeah
>>
>>472523
that's close enough I'm sure you'll be fine!
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.