[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck in an RPG Quest 9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Zeltanna.png (77KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Zeltanna.png
77KB, 819x460px
You are Peter Hornberg. You entered a Virtual Reality game called ‘Legends of Zeltanna’ from which you are now trying to escape (kind of).

Last time on SiRPG:

After escaping Duke Arthur, you and Ben reconciled and met up with John. There was a short scuffle with some of the Duke's goons which was resolved with a bit of necromancy/golemancy. You gained a new ally: Wulf, a captain in the Duke's militia who turned renegade and joined your side. With an ingenious ploy involving wingmail and recall stones, you managed to teleport you and your party to Cawold Patoon, the Floating Citadel. After a quick face-to-face (er, kind of) with King Phil, it looks like King Phil is going to be more trouble than you thought.

Because the "summary" is now getting long I'm changing the format to just summarize the last thread

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Stuck%20in%20an%20RPG

Discord: https://discord.gg/9jUbX
>>
The conversation with King Phil, if it could be called that, didn't go very well. You pace the room while John and Ben relax on the divans, taking off their shoes to soak their feet on the water. At least he didn't straight up kill you, that's a start. That most likely means he won't kill you at all...or that he's just fickle. He did leave the recall stone though, you could just chuck it out the window, into the desert below, and escape that way. But...you came all this way, and he's one of the oldest and most knowledgeable players in the game. You can at least see what he has to say. Right?

>Chuck the recall stone out the window just in case
>Keep the recall stone on your person
>Write-in
>>
>>451714
>>Keep the recall stone on your person
>>
>>451760
>Keep the recall stone inside Bens Anus

OP, you abandoned your Loyal players again man.

You can make it up to us with constant high quality updates :^)
>>
>>451795
Well to be fair, I did give notice in the last thread about the absence.
>>
Hey there. I'm only asking because this is the first thread I found with an Archive, how do you as a QM go about getting a thread archived? Please and thank you, of course, I hope I'm not interrupting anything.
>>
>>452153
Go to this link http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html

From there you will see a button that reads CLICK HERE FOR REQUEST INTERFACE.
Click that, and follow the instructions. For general advice, make your description interesting and use a lot of tags. For a well tagged thread, look up the archives for European Dragon Quest. The first thread is what not to do, and the rest are well tagged.
Good Luck
>>
>>452160
Thanks for the help.
>>
>>452185
No problem! I decided to take care of archiving QuestingQMs threads so I've done 2 by now, and he runs near every night so I expect to do a shitton more.
>>
>>451760

Welcome back QM! Too bad I didn't check yesterday.

>>Keep the recall stone on your person

We're probably good, and we even suggested in the letter that he put us in the dungeon if he doesn't trust us if memory serves correctly. Considering he cobbled this together as a makeshift jail, it's pretty swanky for a dungeon and definitely not the worst place in the world we could have ended up. We really only need to start worrying once we've been in here long enough to need food, drink, or a bathroom if one is unavailable. Though I think Ben might be the only one in the group that might have need of that.
>>
>>454163
>>451765
You take the recall stone and put it in your pocket. You don't know what the king is planning, but so far he's been hospitable. Hell, the dungeon was your idea and even then, this place doesn't exactly scream "prison". So you'll wait and see.

You join John and Ben by the divan and relax. Pretty soon you fall asleep and as always, you wake fully rested but feeling that only an instant has passed in sleep. The two moons have been replaced with a singular sun. The heat is about the same, maybe a little hotter. You get out of the divan and put on your shoes.

A young man wearing a white robe with the words "Phil A. Show" within a crest, running through the chest, stands before you. He has glazed eyes and a strange smile on his face -- it reminds you of the stoners in your high school.
"Uh...hi"
"Hello, master Bob! I was told by the King to bring you to breakfast as soon as you awoke."
"Oh. Alright sure." You wake the others and follow the young man through the doors. The hallways are long and intricately decorated with paintings and frescoes and statues. The floor is carpeted and in some places flowing water runs through the semi-transparent walls, keeping everything cool.

The dining hall is surprisingly intimate. You were expecting a long table like Duke Arthur's, but instead its a standard sized dinner table with a strange amalgam of familiar food: pot roast, corn on the cob, hamburgers, and...cereal? Phil is sitting at the helm of the table eating potato chips.
"Hey! What's up? I hope the room was cool enough to sleep in. Sometimes the breeze doesn't in come in, but I think it was pretty cool yesterday anyway. Well, eat up!"
You take a seat and exchange looks with John, who is equally surprised. You sniff the corn but...it smells like corn. You take a bite. It tastes like corn on the cob. Same with the pot roast, same with the hamburgers.
"Anything you guys want in particular? I'm sure the kitchen can accommodate."
"Uh...no I'm good." Says John.
"Same." You say.
"Ah come on, don't be shy! It's not often I get visitors."
"Well...I could go for some ice cream" Says John. You give him a look. He shrugs.
"Oooh, nice choice." Says Phil, then he gets up and goes into a room behind him, likely the kitchen, and comes back a few seconds later with a bowl of ice cream.
"You like vanilla right?"
"Yeah!"
You kind of want ice cream too, now. Wait. You didn't come here to eat!
"Listen, King Phil, we need to discuss the real reason we came here."
Phil frowns.
"Do we?" Again his voice has that slight irresistible quality of politicians and master manipulators. Not totally capturing, but pretty damn close.
"No. Listen. There's some really bad stuff going on. I mean I'm sure you know about the revolution in Theasta. Well there's also this guy, in Etria--" Phil holds up a hand and sighs.
"You know, when you sent me your letter I was intrigued that you came up with a way to get into my Citadel so...easily."
(1/2)
>>
>>454460
"And that was the only reason I even entertained the thought of meeting you. And then your method actually worked!"
"Wait what? We were the first ones to think of this?"
"Mmm, maybe, maybe not. Probably not. But you were the first ones to get here with it. I worked pretty hard and really long to make this place the way it is. You don't build a city on a floating rock in the middle of a desert because you want visitors. You know what I mean?"
"So you just wanted to see if our method worked? That's it?" You feel your face grow hot and your fists clench.
"Pretty much yeah. Believe me I didn't think it'd work but I underestimated the power of those stones. Guess I'll have to cut off wingmail too. Whatever, not like it's a big loss."
"What are you going to do with us then?" Asks John.
"Well I could just kill you, or imprison you or something like that. But that's really boring and there's no point. Nah, you guys can leave whenever you want. You can stay too, if you want. Stay here even. I don't care."
"But...but don't you care about the revolution? There's going to be a war! People are going to die."
"People are always gonna die. Why should I care? Why do you think I built this place? What you think I live here because I don't like rain? Nothing can touch me here. Nothing can bother me. I can live in peace."
"But you can't just hide! You're the best player in the game, you can help prevent this!" Says John.
"Sure. Let's say you're right. I do something, maybe this calms down. But, something else is going to happen later. And honestly? I don't care enough to be fixing problems all the time. I tried that once, and it is exhausting, let me tell you. Nah. I like my life here. Eat whatever I want. Do whatever I want. I'm like a god to these people. My charisma stat is so high if I so much as look at anyone they are completely under my control. Well it does get boring after a while, and a little lonely, so I wear the mask and give a little free will back. Keep things interesting, y'know?"
"So...this was a wasted trip. Goddamnit. Isn't there anything we can do to convince you? Isn't there anything you want?" Says John. You drive your nails into your fist.
"No, you know what John? Fuck this guy. He's just a fucking coward." You stand up.
"Whatever dude. You do you and I'll do me. Well, actually on second thought, there might be something you can do."
"Yeah? What is it?" Says John.
"No John. Fuck 'em. We'll handle this our own way."
"We can at least hear him out."
"Yeah, listen to your friend. Hear me out. Doesn't cost you anything right? Come oooon, sit down. Relax man." You sit down, maybe from the power of his voice, maybe from your own will. "Good. Alright. So basically, I invented this game and I have no one to play with. I mean I could play with the people here, and I have, but it gets so booooring. I need real players, players that aren't influenced by my charisma."
"What kind of 'game'?"
"Nothing serious. A boardgame."

>Yes
>No
>>
>>454565
>>No
Well, first ask what it would entail.
>>
>>454565
>>No

Figure out what the game's all about. If it doesn't seem bad, push our luck and try to get the ball rolling where he'll help enlist someone else's help for us.
>>
>>454580
>and try to get the ball rolling where he'll help enlist someone else's help for us.

Whoops, meant to have an "at the very least" at the end of that. If Phil won't directly help solve the issue, he's got to know someone else who can and will if he says the word. It's preferable he gets involved directly though.
>>
>>454574
>>454580
"No. I want to what this game entails."
"Nothing much. You won't be risking your lives or anything like that. I'm not a sadist. It's a wargame. Something I developed with a friend of mine who's...no longer around. It's a wargame. I don't know if you're familiar with those, it's kinda like a chess, but with more pieces. You have armies, I have armies, there's a war -- well, you'll have a couple of days to learn the game, rules, strategies, all that stuff. Then we'll play each other, you three, well two, since Ben here isn't going to be doing much (Ben has a similar glazed look in his eyes now, as the messenger), versus me. You win, I help you out. You lose, you lose; you do whatever, but don't expect any help from me. You play an interesting game, I'll help you out anyway, win or lose. It's just a game to pass the time. Whatddya say?"

>Alright. Sounds good.
>No. We're leaving.
>>
>>454674
>>Alright. Sounds good.
>>
>>454674
Do we have similar intelligence to Phil?
>>
>>454674
>yeah used to do this kind of stuff all the time.
>>
>>454674
>>Alright. Sounds good.

Just gotta keep things interesting to still get help. I think we can do this.
>>
>>454674
A nerd game within a nerd game. I like it.
>>
>>454674
>>Alright. Sounds good.
>>
>>454565
>NOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Are we actually going to waste several days on this guy?

>>454885
He's not gonna help us.

>>455475
Is supposed to point at
>>454674
Actually let me just do it again.

>>454674
>No. We're leaving.
>>
>>454674
Lets play risk
>>
>>454674
>Sounds good
>>
Bad news guys. Do some really bad irl events I'm going to have to put this quest on hold, and I don't think I'll be back. I know its a dick move to pull right after I just came back, but life can be a dick sometimes.

I'm really sorry to all the dedicated posters (and lurkers) but things for me are just not going well. If anyone wants to take over this quest, feel free to use any and all parts of it.

I had a lot of fun running this quest and just wanna thank everyone for playing.
>>
>>459209
That really sucks OP, but I can't fault you, and hope everything works out for you irl.
>>
>>459209

Sorry to hear that, I really hope things turn around for you, OP. Life really can be a dick, but sometimes it's just a prankster trying to keep you on your toes. May this be one of those times.
>>
>>459209
Oh, sucks.
Well, I hope things get better for you OP. You'll be in our hearts forever.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.