[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Eurasia quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

This is an alternative world where on Earth, magic and monsters and races exist. This is pre-New World as well so there is also the opportunity for expansion into uncharted territory as well as normal issues.

The choice for land (use modern country name) extends from Morocco to Japan and anything in between.

Let's begin first, choose your country and Race (You may use the Fantasy Civ picture as choices, so example would be Swedish Dwarves or Russian Gnomes or Tunisian Myceaneans etc.)
>>
File: Elf.jpg (527KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Elf.jpg
527KB, 900x1200px
>>451025
Norwegian Elves.
Ironborne Dark Elves that has experienced war with the Swedish Dwarves and the Danish Spriggans for Centuries, until a fragile peace was established a decade ago that has yet to be broken.
>>
I like this idea a lot but gonna wait for more opinions. See what others may want to do, something more...exotic perhaps. I still will totally run a Nordic Elf fantasy quest!
>>
>>451030
I like this. As long as we're snow Elf raiders, that is.
>>
>>451030
I like this idea quite a lot. Perhaps we can live on a fortified mountain, after we took it from those Dwarvish assholes.
>>
File: Dark_Elf_city.jpg (555KB, 2048x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Elf_city.jpg
555KB, 2048x1275px
Peace...such a fragile thing.

One minute everyone is bloodthirsty for the enemies blood, the next, they forget what brought them their prosperity in the first place.

The Dwarves....they linger in their mountains now, mining for useless treasures to make even more useless trinkets.

Those pathetic Spriggans do nothing but dance in the forests naked, giving thanks to their weak gods for the end of our war.

The Dwarves of Stenbrand united their forces with the Skovagt Spriggans to challenge our RIGHTFUL rule of Forndor and for centuries faced the might of the Ironborne. "Too long" the magisters cried
"Our resources are exhausted and our people tired of war" complained all the others.

Forced to face annihilation from starvation, we conceded to a truce. The Emed'Niasa in our tongue for Central Pact, we agreed to split the lands evenly according to power of the land, resources and location. The Dwarves agreed upon Svidon to the East, the Spriggans to Dyahn'Maak and us in Naer'wai.

For now, we regrow. For now, we wait.

You are Almdrar Lothalian, the leader of the Dark Elf people in Naer'wai and it is your job to see them prosper, however you see fit.

Technology: Elven Mana Tapping, Light Boats, Basic Fire magic, Mining, Foresting, Farming
Abilities: Night-vision, Quick Speed, Resistance to Fire
Preferred Terrain: Subterranean, Mountain Coast
Hated Terrain: Forest (Doesn't like living there), Deep Ocean

>A: Technology
>B: Diplomacy
>C: War
>D: Trade
>E: Religion
>F: Industry
>G: Politics
>>
So it's not a Quest, but a Civ. In that case, i'm out. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>451122
Torn between sending scouts to Dwarven lands and building ships and exploring west.
>>
Let's hear over to Finland and Russia. Trade, Alliance, Conquer, we'll see when we get there
>>
>>451122
alright, ill give it a go.
1) send diplomat parties to both our neighbors to have a better understanding of there current attitude towards us.
2) expand our trade with those two if possible, lets benefit from them while there still alive, and we start exploring into finland.
>>
Made a little territory map, disregard everything else about this map.

>>451407
Roll a d100 on both separately (it seems you have better chances on rolling that way)
>>
File: Fantasy.png (363KB, 1673x1166px)
Fantasy.png
363KB, 1673x1166px
>>451419
whoooops
>>
Rolled 46 (1d102)

>>451419
i imagine us taking over all of the north.
>>
Rolled 81, 100 = 181 (2d100)

>>451426
derp, misroll
>>
File: 1433994746466.jpg (36KB, 404x304px)
1433994746466.jpg
36KB, 404x304px
>>451428
>>
>>451428
Dag....tasty rolls

Not wanting to break the peace any time soon, you decide that it's time to put on a different face, a more diplomatic one.

You send two messengers out to Svidon and Dyahn'Maak to relay the message that two envoys approach with a banner of peace. A week passes before your two messengers return, they both agree on a meeting, if only it's held where the Emed'Niasa was signed.
"Agreed. Prepare several wagons, it will take some time to reach the Moothall."

The Dwarves are the first to arrive at the Hall being so close to it. Their king, Skjol "Battle-Beard" Thuricsson II, is a fierce veteran of the 8th Dwarvo-Elven Embargo War 15 years ago. Beneath all the muscle though, is a cunning brain. He rose through the ranks of the Dwarven military hierarchy from a lowly supply runner, to a saboteur, to a logistician all the way to the rightful king of Svidon. A bald head and very large, auburn colored goatee that extends up to this sideburns and across his chin, he is not one to let slights go past him or forgotten.

The last to arrive is Tyk'Mai-Del, the Great Shaman of the Skovagt Spriggans is a tall, slender almost twiggy being but her looks are deceiving, for she has led her people for the last 500 years with her magic and blessings. Wearing a crown of golden leaves made of ash and willow branches, her hazelnut eyes almost pierce your soul but have a gentle kindness to them as well.

(cont.)
>>
"So, you called us here. What is it that you want?" demands King Skjol. "I have many duties to attend to and can't be called like a dog every time one of you wants a sit-and-chat!" he exclaims loudly, his beard shaking profusely as he speaks.

"Peace," replies the queen. "We have fought for too long to allow this meeting to descend into chaos as soon as we look upon each other." She turns her eyes to you "You have called us here, what is it you wish to speak of?"

"I have summoned you both here because, well, I'll be honest. I truly wish to speak of further matters of peace. I wish to build upon our relations further. We all have something the other needs or wants, and I want that on the table."

"Well," the shaman begins "we want to restore the Origin Pools in your lands. You do not dwell on the surface much save for fish or raids, in exchange, we can perhaps open our underground to you for the raw materials below."

The dwarf just stares at you, menacingly almost "My da almost told me, 'If an elf comes to you with a deal, you answer with the axe, cause he'll stab you in the back first.' What you're really asking is what can WE give to YOU?!"

Freeform discussion for what you plan to say or ask next. Gotta take a shower
>>
"Fine then, turn us down. Then, watch your neighbors, both of which you have a history of brutal warfare with, begin a flourishing trade pact together, and perhaps some day an alliance.

Or, put old wounds aside, and become a part if it. When the time is come, we'll march south, taking and the land and wealth we can gather."
>>
>>451478
well, queen, that may well be possible, much like our dwarven....neighbours, we prefer the safety of the earth. My stout friend, of course we wish to benefit, i would be a foolish leader not to desire a better world for my people, and you would be a fool to pass up the opportunity for yours. Is there truly nothing your people want for? indeed we lesser mortals should be so blessed.
>>
>>451485
>>451486
The Dwarf grunts "Hmph, I suppose there is SOMETHING we need of you, in exchange for timber rights." he scratches his beard "We're in the process of something amazing...but we aren't of fire, we are of earth, and we can not power our new inventions. We request a small contingent of mages from you to help work on our machines, and we'll give you the woods above, what say you?"

You look him in the eyes, a stubborn dwarf, but an honest one. You've fought him in the past and he does not fight dishonorably. "Very well, a group of magi shall assist you in your machines, we get your woods and we're all square."

The talks go on for hours about price and logistics but for the most part, it all goes off without a hitch, you gain access to Svidosh timber, you give them magi. The Spriggans gain their pools of essence, you gain their underground.

What do you plan to focus on next?
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>451505
scouting to expand our borders northward, all of norway will be ours, then sweden.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.