[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lionwoman cleric-aspirant quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: a_few_minutes_in_ms_paint.gif (31KB, 545x450px) Image search: [Google]
a_few_minutes_in_ms_paint.gif
31KB, 545x450px
Let's kick this off. I'm neither a drawfag (ms paint is all I'll ever need) nor a novelfag but I GM oldschool D&D games. Don't worry about missing any "story", the setting is the story. You can inquire any time about the setting as you play.

>Background:
You are Daffo, a lionperson, a human-like creature with retractable claws (no paws though), a fuzzy tail and the head of a lion. Otherwise your features are the same as a woman's.
You currently live in Vaultshores, capital of the Treasure Realm, a human kingdom that borders your homeland, the Cyclopean Councils. Your parents sent you, their 4th daughter of the 3rd litter, to become a priestess of Elrath, dragon aspect of light.

Your position within the church of Elrath is a low one at the moment, you are allowed to serve in the cathedral in the capital though, which might have something to do with your parents. You are not yet initiated and must do your time as a servant.

At the moment you're on afternoon duty, replacing candles on the main floor. You still have a few chores to do, but tomorrow is your day off!

The cathedral is in upheaval for some reason. The high ranking men and women of the cloth, the elders, are speaking hushed words to eachother. Something about a delayed ceremony. Perhaps your colleagues around here have ideas?
>>
>How to play
Describe an action and test a skill or attribute if appropriate/applicable, you rollplayer (see below)

Test a skill: roll 1d6. You have a 1 in 6 chance of success. A roll is only necessary if
-there are (catastrophic) consequences to failure
-you are under time constraint (generally 10 minutes otherwise)
-appropriate equipment is not present

Test an attribute: roll 1d20. If you roll under your attribute score, you are successful.
Attributes are:
>Strength (wrestling, pushing)
>Dexterity (sleight of hand, making jumps you shouldn't)
>Constitution (holding your breath automatic: half a minute for every 3 Con)
>Wisdom (mental health)
>Intelligence (knowing facts, not opinions/intentions)
>Charisma (being likeable, even if you aren't)

Daffo, like most normal people, has 8 in every one.

Combat:
You're not even combat trained yet! Unarmed and unarmored you will generally die.
>>
Subtly eavesdrop on the high ranking church members while continuing to replace candles.
>>
>>448718
You hear that they were expecting someone from outside of town, but he has not shown up at the agreed time. A candidate (for something) named "Renal".
Two of them are debating wether to send out people to search for him.
>>
>>448743
Continue to eavesdrop until you finish replacing all the candles or until the church leaders move elsewhere.
>>
>>448764
They eventually decide to send out crusaders, paladins of Elrath. They suspect that Renal was mugged in the streets. The capital has been getting dangerous lately, with the recent civil war and all.

You finish replacing the candles and are on break now until it's time for the evening prayer. After that you are free to have dinner if you wish. Some novices choose fasting to get closer to Elrath though.
>>
>>448784
>The capital has been getting dangerous lately, with the recent civil war and all.

What is Daffo's knowledge of current world events?

In the meantime, head over to the mess hall for dinner, and see if we can chat with anyone we know.
>>
>>448794
>World Events
The king's brother murdered the king and declared himself as the new ruler. The widowed queen and major vassals rebelled against this. There was an apocalyptic battle near the border to the Cyclopean Councils in which the usurper and his army as well as most military assets of the kingdom were destroyed. All of this happened months ago

Trained soldiers are rare as a result and mercenaries are able to name their price for service. Opportunists use the situation to profiteer, either becoming mercenaries themselves or robbing the weak. Though you don't like to admit it, you are weak. 'Elrath will take care of you, and he will guide the Treasure Realm through this Interregnum.' says your instructor, Islas.

>mess hall
After evening prayer, it seems that some of your colleagues had still duties to perform, so not all of them are present.

You see your cellmates (actually roommates, but the quartermaster insists on calling the rooms 'cells') together at a table. Vanod, a male human who shaves his mane, and Ustra, a female human who has a golden mane, just like your fur sit on the table.

Maybe you could join them?

You also see your instructor, Islas, dining with an acolyte (an initiated church member)
>>
>>448828
Let's sit with our roommates.
>>
>>448842
They greet you.

Vanod: He does look weary, you guess garden duty does that to people.
>"Daffodil! We were just talking about tomorrow."

Ustra: Had cellar duty. Even though the underground network under the cathedral is extensive and mostly unused, the priests insist that it be cleaned regularly. Silly cloth-people.
>"Sit down. I found something in the cellars that I want to share with you two."
She produces a bottle of wine and underhandedly shows it to you under the table so as for your instructor not to notice.
>"Care for a drink?"
>>
File: Vaultshores.png (50KB, 681x648px) Image search: [Google]
Vaultshores.png
50KB, 681x648px
My last post for today (euro time)
if you want to play: Maybe you should think up something for Daffo to do for tomorrow on her day off.
>>
>>448893
>>448979
I'm definitely interested in continuing playing.

What is our alcohol tolerance? We should explore the city with our roommates tomorrow.
>>
>>449015
Sharing a bottle with your friends won't kill you. You're no housecat. At least that's what your nanny always said when she wanted you to pull yourself together.

>exploring
Vanod:
>"We probably shouldn't go near the Pyramid. Ylath guys aren't too fond of non-humans. Plus, I was already there and the taverns and shops aren't that special. Unless you're into incense sniffing, of course."

Ustra:
>"First Landing is as dangerous as ever. Just yesterday there was a triple stabbing in the night. The beastmen victims were said to be skinned alive by the assailant."
She then sees your worried face
>"Oh..."
>>
>>450959
In the short, awkward silence, Tegism, a fellow aspirant, comes in and looks for a seat.
>>
>>450972
is that an okay guy? then invite him in. ignore him if he is he a cunt

also, did you set the world in the heroes of M&M's universe, or are you just borrowing names and such?
>>
>>450980
I'm borrowing names, but keep themes if they fit the setting.

He's not exactly the nicest person, but he always has the hottest gossip. You love gossip, so you invite him over.

Tegism: (a human male)
>"Mhhh, venison!"
He digs in and talks with a full mouth
>"That guy the elders were looking for? They found him wandering in Lightcourt. He's some old geezer from the Borderlands. Apparently he's to become an elder himself! They're convening in secret at the moment. Pass the potatoes."
>>
>>450988
pass the potatos, keep listening
>>
>>450990
Tegism:
>"I don't know all the details. Yet. But I'm sure one of the elders will test this Renal."

You have heard about the tests required to become an acolyte. That they are quite hard, even if you study and practice hard. How hard would an elder's exam be? Your imagination is running wild.

Tegism:
>"He's also crazy, if you can believe the rumors. He has taken over a temple in the Borderlands, delves into ruins to get rich and has even invited Badgermen to study at his temple. Badgermen! No offense, Daffo, but Badgermen!"

You know badgermen. Their traders were always aggressive in their pursuit of trade and the caravan guards were big bullies if they could get away with it.
>>
>>450997
>badgermen
awesome. suck up to the crazy old bastard
>>
File: man.png (34KB, 465x473px) Image search: [Google]
man.png
34KB, 465x473px
>>451008
That might be a prudent way of action. Newly named elders are usually granted a boon of their choosing. Maybe he could accelerate your carreer?

You finish your meal and agree to rendez-vous with your cell-mates tomorrow morning to go out on your day off, should they already be sleeping when you go to bed. You head to the washroom to tidy yourself (as Lionpeople usually do all the time).

When you come out, someone adresses you from behind. As you turn around, you see elder Nifih Mirthmothers, a human female with a missing hand. Her other hand isn't unscathed either and is missing two fingers.

Nifih:
>"You, lioness. Show this man to one of the vacant quarters."
(pic related)
He is wearing gold encrusted plate armor sporting dragon motifs with a matching shield to go with it. His helmet he hold in his hand is styled after the head of a golden dragon. On his side you notice a really nice mace.

Nifih leaves, leaving you alone with the man. But he doesn't say anything. He stares at you.
>>
>>451016
>introduce yourself
>start walking in the direction of the quarters
>do some small talk on the way

ask him the obvious questions, it's that crazy new elder, right?
>>
>>451275
He tries to avoid smalltalk and starts asking unusual questions while maintaining a polite tone.
Renal:
>"Do you perhaps know where I could find the finest brothels in town?"

When you awkwardly try to avoid answering (because you don't know any brothels of course) he nonetheless stays silent, as if still awaiting an answer from you. You show him his quarters and retire for the night.

Your cell mates are already asleep, you would have to wake one (or both) of them up to get what just happened off your chest.

>sleep?
>other
>>
>>451327
Let's not wake our roommates and go to bed. We can tell them about the creepy guy tomorrow morning.
>>
You are awoken together with your cell mates by the prayer-gong announcing morning prayer. You join the other folks of the cathedral, the aspirants such as yourself, the acolytes and adepts. Priests and higher have their own rites which they must attend you are told.

Your cell mates and you have different morning routines, but you occasionally bump into eachother at the clothes storage or the washroom. They remind you of your rendez-vous at the gates.

You don't see the creepy guy again this morning, maybe he's sleeping in?
>>
>>451413
Let's not go look for Creepy Guy. Perform our morning routines while listening in on other people's conversations.
>>
>>451413
maybe. maybe he's been looking for a brothel the whole night, maybe he found one. i don't really want to go looking for him
>>
>>451430
You overhear Tegism talking to one of his cell mates.
>"...Some sort of high priority mission. Getting something back from thieves."
>"And why is an elder-candidate charged with this?"
>"Must be seriously dangerous if she sends a battle hardened madman from the Borderlands to get it. From. The. Border. Lands."
>"Or very trivial, since Mirthmothers can't be assed to do anything since she became an elder."
>"You talk like you know her."
>"It's what the instructors say, you know, sub-crusader Gipest the eternal."

taking a break now, should be back in 2 hours with updates on your suggestions/commands
>>
>>451450
What do we (Daffo) know about the Borderlands, Mirthmothers, and sub-crusader Gipest the eternal?

Continue to eavesdrop until we are finished with our morning routines.
>>
>>451475
how about Daffo follows the madman on his mission. seems more interesting than praying all day long
>>
>>451512
Daffo doesn't have any combat capabilities though, and it sounds like there's a pretty good chance of violence breaking out. Personally I'd rather play it safe until we know more about the setting. Heck, it seems like even the city isn't safe for a beastperson like Daffo.
>>
>>451528
it just seems that the story's developing that way anyway. volunteering to become the madman's adjutant might at least get us some free gear
>>
>>451538
Hm ok, but I'd like to try convincing one of our roommates or maybe Tegism to come along with us.
>>
>>451550
i'm fine with that, but how?
>>
>>451571
Talk to them? We were supposed to hang out with our roommates today.
>>
>>451571
I'm back

Tegism isn't your roommate. He is from a neighbouring cell. Ustra and Vanod are your cellmates. They don't even know about madman Renal yet.

Tegism is kind of a slow learner, since he's been here for several years while the training is only supposed to take one year at most.
>>
>>451583
i thought they all had dinner together when Tegism told us about the badgerman
>>
>>451583
Ok, so maybe Tegism isn't the best quest buddy. Let's try talking to our roommates first and find out what rumors they know.
>>
>>451588
Now that I look back, I omited that detail. Cells are three people each.
>>
>>451600
Let's finish up our morning chores, and then head out to meet our roommates, and >>451598
>>
>>451475
The Borderlands are a tropical region overgrown with jungle. It lies south of The Cyclopean Councils, your homeland. Many powers in the world, including the Treasure Realm, had made attempts to make the Borderlands their own in the past. Now, ruins litter the lands as a testament to their failure. Humans and Elves are the only ones that still have settlements in it. Otherwise it's a big dumb jungle, why would anyone want it?

Nifih Mirthmothers is one of the elders of the cathedral. You last saw her with Renal in the living quarters. Her tell tale feature is her missing right hand and two missing fingers on the left hand.

sub-crusader Gipest is an adept responsible for weapons training. He is called 'the eternal' because he's been an adept longer than anyone else. He should have been promoted to priest status long ago, but he wasn't.

You meet up with your mates, Vanod and Ustra at the gates. You see the crusaders guarding the door in full equipment. They pay you no mind.

Vanod:
>"Rumors? I've talked to a few people while I was waiting for you two. The stabbing in First Landing is the talk of the town. It happened two days ago. An unknown assailant attacked 3 people, a desert tortoise man, a cassowary woman and a lion man. The lion man was skinned and the cassowary's head was plucked of all feathers."

Ustra:
>"What were they doing in First Landing? They were asking for it, if you ask me."

You rotate back your ears and pull your tail between your legs to signal distress but your mates don't really register, since they're not lion people themselves. When you hear of the lion man being skinned alive you can't help but imagine your own skin being peeled off bit by...

Ustra:
>"I heard of a haunted house in Anog's Folly. Everyone who tried to enter died on the spot when they touched the doorknob. The Wizards' Guild investigated it and declared that it should be fine if nobody messed with the door ever again. In the neighbouring houses you can hear sometimes a pleading voice coming through the walls, wanting to be released."

Vanod:
>"Even though wizards are all insane, you should trust their judgement in magical affairs anyway. If a place is declared off-limits, it's for a reason. They just didn't want to waste any breath explaining the intricacies to the commoners."

Vanod spends a fair share of his free time in the library. If anyone could understand a wizard it would be him.
>>
>>451725
Sub-crusader Gipest seems like a person we should get to know later.

Ask our mates where they want to go and what they want to do. (But obviously avoid the First Landing right now.) If Daffo is feeling a bit homesick, maybe head to a district where there's lionpeople to buy stuff from our homeland. Oh, and check wallet for money.
>>
>>451761
And by check wallet for money, I mean mentally recall how much money we have. Maybe I'm being paranoid but showing off money might not be a good idea.
>>
>wallet
you are the proud owner of 11 gold pieces! You have an additional 4 in your room hidden in a sock. 1 gp is the month's wage for unlearned labour (all expenses paid), you're quite rich. 1gp = 10 silver pieces = 100 copper pieces. a night at an inn is 1sp, a decent weapon costs at least 3gp, armor is 20gp at least, 3 coppers for a good bowl of stew.

Ustra:
>"I want to go to the park in Glee of Green. Yesterday's sweeping session in the catacombs made me yearn for some fresh air and plants."

Vanod:
>"If we come across a bookstore, I'd like to disappear into it for a while. I have to check for the newest elven publications."
He's a bookworm like that.

If you're going to Glee of Green that means you pass through the Lair of Beasts district. The perfect opportunity to catch up with the local lion people. Maybe there's even a few tribesmates in Vaultshores?

You arrive in Lair of Beasts after passing through Lightcourt. The security is good, since Elrath's crusaders patrol both districts in their free time in these dangerous times. They're so dedicated it gives you goosebumps.

There aren't many humans around but one particular individual catches your eye. He stands in front of an alley, right in the middle as if blocking it. You consider passing by, but then you glance over his shoulder and see another human squatted down, tampering with a door.

>what do?
>>
>>451933
Tell a policeman about this. Wouldn't want to get in trouble.
>>
>>451933
daffo is walking around with elen months worth of payment? is she an idiot or am i for missunderstanding something.

>tampering with a door
asume they have locked themselvess out and offer help
>>
>>451933
Point out suspicious people to roommates, and >>451960 if necessary.

>>451963
Why would one of the guys be blocking the alley then?
>>
>>451960
The guy blocking the alley casually drops a golden coin.
Guy:
>"You have seen nothing. Except that thing I you just dropped. You should pick it up.

There are no guards around. You would have to search for one (skill check, 2 in 6 chance of success) or shout for one.

>>451963
For a farmhand or a dock worker it's a lot of money. But a skilled craftsman makes that much profit in about a month. It's not too unreasonable if you expect to spend a bit of it on a shopping trip. Maybe living in a communal/tribal community all her life has something to do with her attitude toward money. It's on you, her moral compass, to change that.
>>
>>452003
>Maybe living in a communal/tribal community all her life has something to do with her attitude toward money. It's on you, her moral compass, to change that.
I meant to spoiler that instead of making it stand out so much as it is now.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>452003
>(skill check, 2 in 6 chance of success)
i'm feeling lucky
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>452003
Roll
>>
>>452016
>>451989
>>452050

You don't find any guards, but you tell your friends.

Vanod:
>"That doesn't sound like they lost their keys. That sounds like a burglary in progress."

Ustra:
>"Remember the teachings of Elrath. That house might belong to a beastman, who are under special protection of Elrath. I say we confront those scoundrels, call them out in public. They will certainly pack up and leave instead of facing an angry mob.
>>
>>452063
gather an angry mob then. there sure are some lionmen around, who would want to impress a liongirl.
>>
>>452063
Confront 'em.
>>
>>452088
>>452094
You rally the few lion people around here. You remind them that you are a thane's daughter an insignificant one, but they don't need to know that. so even the non-bachelors join you. You even convince a few humans to stand up to crime in their neighbourhood.

The human in the alleyway turns around and whistles, then takes off.
>>
>>452114
Note the suspicious men's appearance to report later to the guards and the location of the building they were trying to break into. Thank the crowd and move on.
>>
>>452123
You tell it the next crusader you see. He's an old veteran and profusely thanks you. He is so proud that the fire he started is being cared for by young enthusiasts such as yourself. In this world of injustice and prejudice, where not even the innocent are safe, it is heartwarming to see people engaged in protecting the community.

Among your group, there is much shoulder patting. You just protected the community, where beastmen and human live together in peace, like total badass Elrath devotees!

Last update for today. I'm considering to run this quest every sunday, start around 9am GMT in the future.
>>
>>452157
I'm definitely not going to be up that early (-5 GMT), but I'll be posting if you're going to be updating throughout the day.
>>
>>452394
It'll be a throughout the day thing.
>>
did we take that gold coin the scoundrel left for us? donate it to charity later.

proceed to the park for now.
>>
>>453622
Cool, looking forward to it.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.