[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brave New World #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 27

File: 000.png (7KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
7KB, 666x666px
Alright /qst/, hope you're ready for a little spur of the moment adventure I've decided to run. Don't know how long this will go on, and possibly not the most optimal time given I have no skills to speak of in the arts and have never ran a quest or anything of the sort before in my life, but I figure I'll improve along the way. That's about as formal as this introduction is going to get, so feel free to report in or kick back and wait for things to get started in a bit. Oh, and don't get too excited during the likely hour long staggers I spend drawing and being nervous in between each post.
>>
>>447300
Input the konami code, access the cheat codes.
>>
>>447300
Load game and check if we have any previous game saves. If not, it's time to start anew.
>>447315
Check the cheat code screen to see if there's any hidden settings we can meddle with.
>>
File: 001.png (9KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
9KB, 666x666px
>>447315
>>447326
Alright, suppose we're jumping right in. Questing formally begins below the break and any further out of character replies from me will be indicated by spoilers. Let's get started.

The program is far beyond any and all current understanding, one couldn't hope to dream of some way to meddle with the inner machinations at the moment. A save has long ago been compiled, any possibility of erasure likewise currently out of grasp, and the option to load is promptly chosen.

[1/2]
>>
File: 002.png (1KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
1KB, 666x666px
>>447523
One is giddy with excitement as the bar steadily approaches 100%, eagerly awaiting the start of what can only be quite the journey. At last the bar is full, desire, hopes, and dreams at all of it's zenith, and then, oblivion. All of life returns to a muted dark. However, just as the eternity begins, it just as quickly ends, not unlike the release of a long held breath. Something, somewhere, far, far away, across the vast echoes of space and time, has awoken. The calming relief of life fills the air. A pleasant breeze sweeps the land. And perhaps the faintest sound of waves can be heard breaking on a distant shore. Alas, it would appear all is still dark though. What will be done about this?

[2/2]
>>
>>447569
turn on the lights?
>>
>>447569
Turn on the lights, and look down at your own, disgusting flabby body.
>>
>>447569
Cast a flame spell
>>
File: 003.png (10KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
10KB, 666x666px
>>447574
>>447578
Some form or another of instinct takes over and the air is hit by an ambiguous fellow in a feeble attempt to light things up a little. As it turns out however, his eyes were merely closed and he had simply not opened them, perchance related to the fact that he had evidently been asleep. It would appear things would have best remained dark however, for he is faced with the horrifying sight of the abominable rendering of his hand. He hopes to never experience anything quite as horrifying as that ever again. Aside from that, the issue seems to be resolved, though several others quite quickly crop up, as he appears to have no clue as to where he is or what he's doing, least of all concerns not being how he had hoped to light a candle by swatting at it. How will he proceed?
>>
>>447707
Examine room, check for anything that can be used as a weapon.
>>447578
Also check if your body is flabby, or just check your entire body in general. I wanna know if we're fit and ready to launch punches if need be.
>>
>>447749
this; more details about the character in general
>>
File: 004.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>447749
>>447760
The young man props himself up and examines his surroundings. He finds himself alone in what seems to be what remains of a shrine that has long since fallen into disuse, or perhaps had not even seen utilization to begin with. He draws a complete blank as to any details about who he is, where he is, or how he got there; all that remains is the gut feeling that the circumstances behind all this certainly aren't normal, whatever that may mean. Something just feels like this isn't an average case of apparent amnesia. Aside from that, he'd say he's otherwise mentally sound and after a physical once over he feels to be in good health and quite strong at that, although it's a bit hard to gauge any of that without anyone to compare to. As for weaponry, there is no shortage of rubble and vines around to make use of. All that remains of note is the altar he awoke on which doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than being quite uncomfortable and a staircase due forward which appears to lead down to a lower level.
>>
>>447836
Grab vine and use it as a whip.
Combine a rock from the rubble with said Vine Whip to create a vine whip with a rock at the end.
You can now efficiently swing a rock around.
>>
>>447836
proceed down the stairs, but cautiously
>>
>>447836
take soma
>>
File: 005.png (16KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
005.png
16KB, 666x666px
>>447847
>>447855
Well...it's something. Suppose only time will tell just how much of an asset or lack thereof it is. At any rate, no time like the present to descend to the lower level and see what awaits.

And there is my unsubtle way of taking a break for the morning. Sincerest apologies if this is the slowest start to just about anything any of you have ever seen and if you have no clue as to what's going on or our direction, I quite evidently really underestimated this undertaking and am trying to get my shit together, I swear actual things will happen quite soon. I'll save all of the real thanks and apologies for the end of this first thread at least, so until then. Oh, and shocked how long it took a post along the lines of >>447895 to be made.
>>
File: 006.png (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
12KB, 666x666px
>>447932
And we're back to the previous pace.

Quickly fashioned weaponed in hand, the as of yet unknown man proceeds down the shrine steps, cautious of any danger.

[1/2]
>>
File: 007.png (26KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
007.png
26KB, 666x666px
>>448740
The antechamber behind him, it would appear the rest of the shrine is in no better state as he enters what appears to be quite the large sanctuary. Larger yet is the mysterious pile of what he would guess to be wool separating him from the exit. How shall he proceed?
>>
>>448768
beat the shit out of that wool
>>
Climb over the wool
>>
>>448768
Use magic to set the wool on fire.
>>
File: 008.png (33KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
33KB, 666x666px
>>448957
>>449136
>>449142
Fuck it, violence is the only answer idle wool piles understand any more. Attack first, think later. Hell, our hero would magically set it alight if only he had the capabilities to do so. He is so perturbed that he even considers climbing over instead of merely walking around, but that comes later.

[1/2]
>>
File: 009.png (23KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
23KB, 666x666px
>>449309
Absolutely any and all momentum is killed as the rock whip flail gets stuck in the wool. Hope no one wanted that thing back. If this had any effect on anything whatsoever, it is not apparent. And so...now what?

[2/2]
>>
>>449342
Using two sticks start a fire to burn the wool by utilising friction.
>>
>>449342
Cautiously walk around wool heap.
>>
Start eating the wool
>>
File: 010.png (22KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
010.png
22KB, 666x666px
>>449358
>>449378
>>449495
Our vigilante cautiously make his way past the wool and is at last faced with the exit, experiencing his first real bathing in the sunlight as it shines through the archway. He's sure gonna miss this place for the whole few minutes he spends gathering something to start a fire.

[1/3]
>>
File: 011.png (41KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
41KB, 666x666px
>>450057
Although, before he goes, something about this wool is really speaking to him... It may just be the craziest idea he can recall ever having, but, maybe, just maybe, one little taste...

[2/3]
>>
File: 012.png (44KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
012.png
44KB, 666x666px
>>450085
After all, how much could it possibly...hurt...

[3/3]

And it's break for me. Hope everyone's having a good time.
>>
>>450104
Da fuq happened? Was the wool a sheep or did we turn into a sheep (or was it our true form considering we have horns)?
>>
>>450104
Befriend the beast, offer it sweet delicious vines.
Once friendship status has gone up for it, proceed to pet the demon sheep. It's the only way.
>>
>>450151
The wool turned out to be a ram, our character is shittily drawn at the bottom. Sorry that was unclear.
>>
>>450104
Keep eating it.
>>
File: 013.png (35KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
013.png
35KB, 666x666px
>>450156
>>452149
The idea of trying to befriend it briefly crosses our hero's mind, but things quite literally move too fast before a proper gesture of kindness can be made. Wasn't even able to get a nibble out of it in the end.
>>
File: 014.png (52KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
014.png
52KB, 666x666px
>>452336
The pile of wool stands up.
>>
>>452338
Say hi.
>>
>>452338
Examine if it's intelligent.
>>
File: 015.png (13KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
015.png
13KB, 666x666px
>>452405
>>452558
In an awkward attempt to play it calm and cool, quite the universal gesture is employed to make contact and extend an olive branch to the beast, if only to at least gauge it's intelligence.
>>
File: 016.png (47KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
016.png
47KB, 666x666px
>>453113
Judging from the way it insidiously scuffs its hoof and marks the ground, it really doesn't seem likely that it's gearing up for a friendly wave back. While all of our efforts standing here have been nice, the time may have perhaps come where it would be wise to make an important decision between fight or flight.
>>
>>453131
We're armed with literally nothing but our horns. Unless we decide to go full on ram mode, we gotta fucking book it out of here.
>>
>>453493
Agreed. Time to gtfo.
>>
Shit, just wanted to say sorry for what's sadly sure to be the first of many even slower days than usual, still trying to get into the grove of things and it's not really helped any now that the weekend is over. Just confirming I'm alive and definitely updating sometime today, deepest apologies once again.
>>
>>457458
Don't worry about it. Some QMs never update after a couple of posts. This isn't a fast board so your post won't get archived that quickly.
>>
File: 17.png (35KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
35KB, 666x666px
>>457478
Thank you for the reassurance. Just gonna keep trying my best.
>>453493
>>454079
The option to valiantly and bravely nope the fuck out of there is at last made with quite the haste. Our protagonist finally finds himself in the outside world.
>>
File: 018.png (17KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
018.png
17KB, 666x666px
>>459446
The sun shines bright and warm in the sky as a few clouds lazily lull by. The grass rustles in the faint wind as frantic feet hit a cobblestone pathway. The shrine seems to be in a small clearing surrounded by dense shaded woods on all sides. Aside from the clear intended way in and out of the area, options include making a break for the woods off the beaten path, heading to whatever may lie at the back of the shrine, simply staying put for a moment to gather some bearings, or going back inside. As for the ram problem, whether it wound up charging or not, it currently has no way of fitting through the archway. What will be done?
>>
>>459506
Sit down, relax. Gather whatever memories you can of yourself and your abilities. Afterwards, check out the back of the shrine.
>>
>>459506
Take a walk around the back of the shrine. Check inventory.
>>
File: 019.png (28KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
019.png
28KB, 666x666px
>>459974
>>460443
Our hero decides to take a brief respite on the shrine steps, just to catch his breath and reflect a bit. It's a relief to finally just enjoy some nice clear air out in the wide, wide open. While it was relatively not at all cramped or stuffy, he realizes just how much he prefers this to the indoor space. It gives him a feeling of freedom.

[1/4]
>>
File: 020.png (16KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
020.png
16KB, 666x666px
>>461880
The man finds himself resting in just about the most melancholic pose he can think of. He's surprised at just how much the experience thus far has left him drained. He had just woken up from the calm nothingness and was already tired. Completely without any and all remembrance of himself or what lead to this situation, lost in a strange new world. Although how could he be sure if he was lost, or if this place was new, and just how relatively strange it was? One thing's for certain, he really needs to figure out some way to get his memory back. Or had he even lost it in the first place? He stops this train of thought before confusing himself any further. A quick check at the ethereal three slot inventory reveals it to be quite barren. As if he couldn't get any sadder, he begins to miss his precious flail, hunk of junk that it was. Aside from that, he still feels as fit and fine as he was earlier. Nothing quite beats out the feeling of weariness though. He supposes this whole ordeal has only been a few minutes, though it feels like it's been a few days.

[2/4]
>>
File: 021.png (21KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
21KB, 666x666px
>>461923
The simple feeling of loss is quite cathartic in a way, and refreshed anew, our hero begins to make his way around the shrine after a pleasant break for some further exploration. However, he is stopped momentarily by a low rumbling sound coming from the shrine entrance. It seems the ram hasn't given up quite yet in its endeavors, little demon bastard. Well, at any rate, no use worrying about it, as there is still no way he can fit through the archway.

[3/4]
>>
File: 022.png (40KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
40KB, 666x666px
>>461989
The ram makes itself fit. Our hero has never been more horrified in his entire life. What will he do?

[4/4]
>>
>>461993
Run to the back of the shrine and look for cover!!!
>>
>>461993
Nope the fuck outta there part 2
>>
File: 023.png (47KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
023.png
47KB, 666x666px
>>462428
>>462628
Sorry for the wait again. Gonna need to stop apologizing after each one at this rate.

While quick on his wits to make a last ditch effort to the the back of the shrine, the ram is a tad quicker. A charge through a wall not even breaking its stride, it would appear collision is quite imminent. While nice, perhaps that little break wasn't wisest with an aggressive monstrosity merely a few feet away. Any last ideas or thoughts?
>>
>>468195
Attempt to jump out of the way.
>>
File: 024.png (10KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
024.png
10KB, 666x666px
>>468916
One last desperate attempt is made to escape, but to no avail. The concussive force of the impact stirs the woodland fauna and sends our woeful friend soaring, disappearing like a star in the morning sky. Tragic, to say the least. On the bright side, the impromptu ram space program is a wild success.

[1/3]
>>
File: 025.png (7KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
025.png
7KB, 666x666px
>>472458
Meanwhile, a beautiful meadow in the distance peacefully minds its business, the majesty of nature undisturbed in all of its glory.

[2/3]
>>
File: 026.png (11KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
026.png
11KB, 666x666px
>>472461
Oooh, hard landing. It would appear our hero has finally made touchdown after a brief trip, hopefully not too worse for wear. How shall he proceed after this pleasant change in scenery?

[3/3]
>>
>>472469
Take a rest to refill health and self confidence.
>>
Looks like thread's finally about to fall off, so figure I'll just say I'm not gonna disappear and never update again or any shit like that, not now, not ever, so expect the next thread sometime today, likely soon this morning. Sorry for the rocky start and infrequent updates and all that shit, again, all this was completely without preparation, I'm a total amateur, boring life shit interfering that no one cares about (me least of all), excuses, excuses, etcetera, etcetera,. Hopefully I'm getting the hang of things, so definitely expect a lot more updates and for story things to actually get rolling. Aside from that, had a lot more fun running this than I honestly expected and hope everyone had just as much of a good time, so thanks everyone for participating, feel free to continue to do so if you feel so inclined because we may be here a while. Guess that's about it for all the thanks and apologizes, and we're picking up with >>476059 when we start up again, so get hype. See you all next time.
>>
>>476192
And new thread here 477185
>>
>>477190
Whoops, >>477185
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.